Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM-Tareth's Modified Kingmaker Campaign

Game Master Tareth


951 to 1,000 of 2,810 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

male Human Bard (Detective) 2

Imon shook his head at Warren, "There is no need to thank me, they are my enemies as well. I have been tracking these bandits, or perhaps others like them, all the way from Restov."

Sorry about the delayed response, it just seemed a little odd to have a conversation when the bandit could still be up and kicking.


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Tityanna felt the bandit's weight shift behind her and breath near her ear. The thought that there was a man so close to her that was not Donal but an enemy had not occurred to her until that moment, and she stiffens.

She is not entirely thick, however, she recognizes that this device is a glaring signal that likely can be seen for miles, and that none are safe here.

'I would ask you to repeat that later,' she says, not knowing that she cannot be heard, and looks to Thad before spurring her horse forward again. 'We must find the priest.'


Warren finishes the bandit with a quick strike to the chest causing the man to drop to the ground, a pool of blood rapidly surrounding the body.

The whistling from the device is slowly grows quiet, but the smoke continues to hang in the air easily marking the site where the object was activated.

The captured bandit points at the globe and then gestures deeper into the woods. His face has a sense of urgency and worry as he continues to speak to Tityanna in a quiet voice. Thad riding just behind hears the name "Kressle" and "...get outta here or let me go!" from the bandit as he seems to become more agitated the longer the party lingers.


Warren searches the bandit while he speaks to the new man from Restov.
"This one is no longer a threat, let's meet up with the rest of our group and have a quick council of war. We have an outstanding ranger with us. He can help hide our tracks if we wish to disappear from whoever investigates this signal."

After two eagles land on his shoulder. he adds, "These two eagles are mine. They are quite friendly if you aren't a delicious rodent."


male Human Bard (Detective) 2

Imon nodded, "Lead on then. I suppose it is good that I found you alone then. With all the running around, it was only a matter of time before confusion set in and something unfortunated happened." As they walked, he seemed to relax, lowering his bow. "So you are one of the groups they sent to reclaim the Stolen Lands?"


Warren:
The bandit carried little of value. A longbow with a dozen arrows, a slightly rusted short sword, and shabby leather armor. He did carry a handful of coins, 4 gold and 20 silver, and what appears to be another one of the signaling devices. His pouch is filled with a variety of mushrooms, roots, and other edibles.

As the party regroups along the trail, a hush comes over the forest. The crows that had been harassing Warren's eagles have moved on and little else can be heard or seen in the general area.


Warrne and Imon lead the bandit back to the group.

Warren immediately consults Kams.

"I found another signaling device, and I am concerned we will be discovered in our current depleted state. Can we erase our trail and melt into the woods. Later we can activate the signaling device and lead them into a fight of our choosing."

Warren tries to gathers others, "I found this gentelman from Restov hunting the bandit. I was hoping he could update us on the doings in Restov, and we can tell him of our charter. It seems we have a few charters that are unclaimed with the absence of Zavac."

Motioning to Imon, "I am Warren the druid and master of eagles. This is the group that I told you about, the group that is going to bring hope to these lands."


Elf Paladin 2
Quote:
Thad riding just behind hears the name "Kressle" and "...get outta here or let me go!" from the bandit as he seems to become more agitated the longer the party lingers.

Thad rides closer and informs the fellow, "The sorceress comes from a distant land and speaks very little of the common tongue. You seem rather eagre for us to move on... what's the hurry?"


The bandit turns to Thad and says in a frightened voice, "D-d-don't you understand! That f-f-fool sent up a signal to warn Kressle and the others. I'd rather not be here when they come lookin'."

Tityanna feels the man shiver slightly before he continues, "Especially if one of them horrible Blackrobes are with her this time."


"Well, we can avoid Kressle for now. I think we all could use a rest. But I think we can summon her into an ambush with the warning device I captured."

Warren speaks to the new prisoner:"How many in Kressle's group? How are they armed? Where is their base and where do they patrol?"


male Human Bard (Detective) 2

Imon nodded to the group. "I'm not sure how much use I can be of in that regard, I have been out of Restov for some time, but I will help as I can."

When he heard the bandit complain about not wanting to be there when Kressle arrived, he said, "Is he not your leader? Why would you not want to be here when he comes?"

Is there anything interesting I can tell them about Restov?

Knowledge (Local):
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Feeling the bandit tremble, Tityanna frowns. How much else need be lost to this troupe? Dignity, lives, and now pride. She turns and touches his leg gently, then speaks in the language of the wilds, which she is almost certain he is ignorant of. She tilts her head in the direction of the newcomer, her eyes appraising.

Sylvan:

'This boy is afraid. Might we find some place where you might communicate with me? I fear I am quite useless to you, now.'


Imon:
The city was as quiet as usual when you left. However, you had heard a couple of items of interest. First, there were at least three other groups sent into the Stolen Lands under the charter. No word had come back as to their success or failure before you left. Second, your work in law enforcement had revealed a small band of cultists claiming to follow a great priest who was building a following in the Stolen Lands. One of the cultists had been apprehended during a failed attempt to steal a shipment of weapons to the Royal Guard. The other had escaped.


Turning to Warren, the bandit answers his questions with a slight look and sound of panic about him.

"There'll be at least four plus Kressle and that ugly Vosk if he's still visiting. That's if none of the others have returned. Kressle's been expecting some back shortly."

Panic starts to slip into his voice and Tityanna can feel the man's fear oozing from his being as he tries to get her to turn the horse around and flee the area.

"You don't understand!" He shouts. "The camp isn't that far from here. Just another few miles up the trail. They'll be here soon and if they catch me having surrendered to you Kressle an' Vosk will kill me for sure."


male Human Bard (Detective) 2

"Strange that you would suggest that we hide out of fear of what your master will do to you if you are found, have you no fear of what your captors might do? They are the law here, no one will question them." Turning back to Warren, Imon added, "Speaking of which, I do have some information that you might find interesting, though I don't know if you want me to speak it in front of this one. He motioned toward the captive as he spoke.


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Tityanna feels the boy continue to tremble behind her. Inhaling, she draws upon the natural elements in the wood, feels them turn in her stomach, fueling a magics she has yet to identify in herself. Exhaling, she touches the boy's leg again, and feels the magics flow through him, intending for him to calm, as there is nothing she can offer to whatever conversation is taking place that she cannot hear or make out on her companions lips.

Tityanna casts Guidance on the bandit.


Warren explains his plan. they'd retire into the woods and make a cold camp and the next morning lure the bands out for an ambush with the signaling device.

Warren and Kams hide any trail as they find a remote camp.

survival 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Startled by Tityanna's touch and the subsequent sensation of magical energy the bandit grows still and calm as he makes an old peasant sign to ward off evil and starts to whisper and quiet prayer under his breath.

He continues to mutter the prayer, but remains calm as the party quickly moves away from the site of the fight. Warren expertly covers any sign the group's passage through the woods to a place of relative safety a few miles away. There's no sign that anyone discovered the trail.

Eventually Warren and Thad find a suitable location and you set up a rough camp to wait out the night.

Knowledge Religon(DC10):
The sign the bandit made was a simple one used by some followers of Desna. The prayer he's repeated is from The Eight Scrolls and is commonly used by those of the lower classes who worship the goddess.

What's the watch order for the night?

DM Rolls:
Check One: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Check Two: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Check Three: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Warren+eagles
Kams+Thad
Tityanna+Imon


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Let's hope level 3 isn't so far away. I cannot even roll for that.

Tityanna makes a way from camp so that someone can explain what is going on by writing in the dirt. She glances at the young man apparently speaking to himself and wonders, but has not basis for understanding what he is doing. Being told that she must pair with Imon for the watch, she approaches him before she lays out on her bedroll, and speaks softly.

Imon, Perception DC 25:

"If they have not already told you, I am deaf. Shouting will not wake me in... any event," her expression appears sad, and she looks to the young man. 'Their dark magics took my hearing. I can understand why he is afraid.'


male Human Bard (Detective) 2

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Sometime before the meeting split up, Imon shared his knowledge of Restov, both of the other groups sent into the Stolen Lands, and of the cult that seemed to be operating out of the Stolen Lands.

When Tityanna spoke to him, she was quiet enough that he didn't hear at first, though he believed that He understood, though he apparently missed the meaning about the captive. His assumed understanding didn't stop him from replying with, "Huh? Could you say that again?"


Elf Paladin 2
Tityanna wrote:
'This boy is afraid. Might we find some place where you might communicate with me? I fear I am quite useless to you, now.'

Thad almost does a double-take at Tityanna speaking the fey language; it hadn't come up in the weeks he had known her and he'd found very few humans in his long life who could speak it well. Thad nods at her request and gestures for her to come aside with him after they set up the camp site. There is a patch of bare dirt in the shade of a large tree nearby where he takes a stick and begins writing in the flowing sylvan script, smoothing it out over and over and reusing the same space as he runs out of room.

The 'conversation' is laborious, but they manage to discuss a few things...

This would come out as more of a conversation than a lecture, but I can't think of an effective way to conduct something like that in this case without dictating Tityanna's responses for you. Feel free to steer the conversation differently if I've misread Tityanna's mood and this is not the general direction things would go.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself. You were injured by the dark spirit but are still alive and hardly useless. Life goes on. Years ago I knew an alchemist who lost his hearing in an explosion. He continued his business and paid a hireling to learn hand signs and speak to customers for him. I'm sure there is a teacher somewhere in Brevoy who we could send for after the roads are made safe.

I can only imagine how difficult it is to walk through the forest and not hear the birdsongs or the footsteps of friends ahead and behind... but I promise you, I will stand by you. He hesitates for a moment then with a wry grin writes, We all will, Donall would have our hides if something happened to you. When the bandits come you need only send your spells after my arrows; when our duty here is complete we can search for a cure to your affliction.


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Tityanna reads Thad's words, and blushes faintly.

Sylvan:

'I meant that as I am, I am of little use in making decisions in the field. If I had not watched that boy throw aside his arms, he might have been screaming that he would harm me, and I would not know.'

Tityanna wets her lips and looks toward the camp. 'I am trying to learn to read lips, but I am uncertain what good it will do to allow our guest to know of my current limitation.'

At the mention of Donal, Tityanna blushes, and she nods at Thad's suggestion that her spells should follow his arrows. 'I will follow your lead,' she confirms.


The night passes uneventfully although there were a few tense moments as the sound of several large creatures could be heard passing through the forest just a few hundred yards to the south. However, the creatures didn't notice your small, hidden camp as passed by without trouble.

The day breaks cool with a growing number of clouds in the sky that quickly cover the golden rays of the morning sun.


Let me know how you all want to set up for your ambush or if you have other plans for the day.

A Survival[DC10] check should result in finding a suitable location for the ambush


Warren sets up an ambush for first thing in the morning.
survival 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


The party breaks camp and sets off into the woods. It doesn't take too long before Warren comes across an excellent site for an ambush. The site offers plenty of cover overlooking a wide open spot in the trail. Any unsuspecting bandit entering the clearing will find themselves at a significant disadvantage.

I'll get a map posted either tomorrow or Sunday. Let me know if you wish to prepare any traps or other special surprises.


Warrens sets of the warning device. The alarm sends its shrill whistle echoing through the forest and another set of flares launch themselves above the trees tops. Purple smoke fills the area in the center of the clearing and lingers there for nearly an hour before it starts to dissipate.

Before the smoke is entirely, a shout breaks through the usual forest noise.

"Over here!" Calls out a rough sounding voice. "I can see the smoke. T'was one o' ours for sure."

After a minute or two passes, a man dressed in the now familiar shabby leathers and cloak of a bandit can be seen moving carefully up the trail toward the smoke. Several others follow a short distance behind.

Place yourselves on the MAP and let me know if you've added any additional surprises

The dotted area is where the smoke is lingering although it is no longer thick enough to block vision.


Elf Paladin 2

Thad is beside his horse, hidden in the scrub brush around a rock formation.

Down the way, opposite the direction the bandits are approaching form, I'd like to tie some rope across the road at about calf height. It won't be particularly well disguised (just rubbing some mud or dirt on it), but if someone on foot or horseback were to be going down the path at a dead sprint they might not notice it in time...


male Human Bard (Detective) 2

Imon readies his bow, an arrow nocked and ready to fire. He hoped that his new compatriots would keep their distance, and that the bandits would stay close together, so he would be able to use Grease on them.

Imon is standing on the other side of the rock Thad is behind, at AD10. Aside from getting into position, he hasn't done anything.


Warren is at V7 with his eagles. He will be casting Summon Natures Ally I as soon as the group is about thirty feet closer up the path. He has a clear charging lane to the road from cover.


The bandits make their way slowly up the trail, weapons drawn, but still in a more relaxed stance. Clearly they are looking for whoever set off the warning device, but don't expect too much trouble.

As they get closer the two bandits near the center of the group stand out. The first is a tough, somewhat rough and burly looking woman carrying an axe in one hand with another hanging from her side. The second is dressed in black robes decorated with a thin band of silver knotwork embroidered along the bottom, collar, and sleeves. The hood is up so it is impossible to tell if it is a man or a woman but there's certainly something that feels dangerous the figure.


Warren begins the spell to open a dimensional portal to the land of the dogs.
Full round casting time--Who let the dog out?

Augmented Dog template:

Riding Dog CR 1
XP 400
N Medium Animal
Init +2; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +8

Defense

AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11 (+2 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 17 (2d8+8)
Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +1

Offense

Speed 40 ft.
Melee bite +5 (1d6+5 plus trip)

Statistics
Str 19, Dex 15, Con 19, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Base Atk +1; CMB +5; CMD 15 (19 vs. trip)


Warren will motion to Tityanna putting his hands over his eyes, tilting his head to the side, and pointing to the advancing bad guys.


male Human Bard (Detective) 2

Imon kept waiting, hoping that they would pull together as they moved forward. He didn't bother trying to take a shot yet, he wasn't even sure he could hit anything at this range.


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Sorry folks, had a sick husband and we spent some alone time at a cabin with limited net capabilities.

If permitted, Prior to Combat:

Tityana will have her Shield going before setting up for the ambush for her full AC rating.

Tityana looks to Warren and after a moment, nods. If these are the dark ones that fashion the amulets, it is unlikely that her spells will have any effect, but the woman with the axes poses a viable threat.

Round Actions:

Tityana begins casting Sleep, she will center the burst when the spell is completed.


Elf Paladin 2

I forgot to mention, Thad is also using detect evil to survey their targets as they walk into the ambush.

So, this was one of the 'blackrobes' the bandits had talked about. Here was a chance to stop this one from spreading misery any farther...

Thad will Smite the blackrobe and loose his arrow when Warren's dog appears.

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 to hit, 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 damage


DM Rolls:

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
PER Bandit 1: 1d20 ⇒ 15
PER Bandit 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
PER Bandit 3: 1d20 ⇒ 20
PER Bandit 4: 1d20 ⇒ 17
PER Bandit 5: 1d20 ⇒ 19
PER Bandit 6: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The bandits continue to slowly advance toward the ambush. Both Tityanna and Warren begin quietly performing the incantations and prayers necessary to draw upon their magical energies. A few more seconds pass and then a portal opens and a dog comes charging into existence on this plane.

When the dog emerges, Thad sends an arrow zipping toward the black-robed bandit only to see it miss by a few inches.

Finding themselves suddenly under attack, most of the bandits freeze or stand stunned for a few precious seconds. Only two of the men spot the source their attackers and manage to get a weapon drawn.

Thad:
An aura of evil glows brightly around the robed figure. A lesser evil aura also outlines the woman and two of other bandits.

The woman is B2. The robed figure is B6.
Warren: Let me know where you'd like the dog to appear.
Tityanna: I placed you at AG13, but if you would like to begin in a different spot just let me know. Also you are able to already have your Shield cast prior to the surprise round.
Thad: Let me know the coordinates of where you set up your rope trap
Begin Surprise Round


Elf Paladin 2

The rope line would be between AI-15 / AJ-12, assuming those formations were sturdy enough. If not he'd set it up further down the path at the first opportune spot.

Thad winces as his arrow flies wide. The dark sorcerer must have magical protection. He carefully aims again and lets fly, hoping to cut off any blasphemous chants the man might try to raise. It feels good to be on the hunt again away from families and children, where it was just him and what needed to be done.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 to hit, 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 damage

Was the readied action separate from the surprise round? We can use this roll for the next round if not...


Warren summons his dog next to the lead bandit S12 it will act in surprise round.

In the surprise round Warren casts and the very plants try to grab the group of bandits. Warren sends his eagles aloft the manage to gain a little altitude, and will be swooping shortly. Entangle Centered H17 40'radius. Lead bandit is outside Area Of Effect.

Entange DC12:

School transmutation; Level druid 1, ranger 1

Casting Time 1 standard action

Components V, S, DF

Range long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)

Area plants in a 40-ft.-radius spread

Duration 1 min./level (D)

Saving Throw: Reflex partial; see text; Spell Resistance: no

This spell causes tall grass, weeds, and other plants to wrap around creatures in the area of effect or those that enter the area. Creatures that fail their save gain the entangled condition. Creatures that make their save can move as normal, but those that remain in the area must save again at the end of your turn. Creatures that move into the area must save immediately. Those that fail must end their movement and gain the entangled condition. Entangled creatures can attempt to break free as a move action, making a Strength or Escape Artist check. The DC for this check is equal to the DC of the spell. The entire area of effect is considered difficult terrain while the effect lasts.

If the plants in the area are covered in thorns, those in the area take 1 point of damage each time they fail a save against the entangle or fail a check made to break free. Other effects, depending on the local plants, might be possible at GM discretion.


The summoned dog attacks the lead bandit while he is surprised.
Dog hit/dam/possible trip vs CMB w/o Dex 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 251d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Critical?/dam 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


male Human Bard (Detective) 2

Deciding to wait to see what the others were doing before using any of his spells, Imon stepped out of cover before he fired twice at the woman, deciding that she didn't look like the sort to carry multiple weapons as bluster. After he was done firing he ducked back behind the rock.

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Attack 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Attack 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Damage 1: 1d8 ⇒ 6
Damage 2: 1d8 ⇒ 2


DM Rolls:
Bandit 3 Reflex(DC12): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Bandit 4 Reflex(DC12): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Bandit 5 Reflex(DC12): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Bandit 2 Reflex(DC12): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Bandit 6 Reflex(DC12): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Bandit 6 Will(DC17): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Bandit 4 Will(DC17): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Bandit 5 Will(DC17): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

Warren's summoned dog charges the nearest bandit and eviscertes the poor man. He only has a few seconds to watch as the animal pulls a long section of his bloody innards from his body before he collapses.

Shortly after the dog's vicious strike Warren releases another wave of magical energy that reaches out a turns the surrounding forest into a tangled mass grasping at the surprised bandits. All are quickly caught and begin to struggle to escape the powerful magic.

With the robed bandit grappled by the entangle spell, he is no longer able to duck away from Thad's arrow and the missile strikes true causing the man to curse in pain.

In contrast, Imon's arrows are deflected off of the woman's stronger armor. As she struggles against the vines, she looks at the bard and gives him a wicked grin while she brings one of her axes to bear against the grappling vegetation.

Tityanna releases her sleep spell into the center of the group toward the rear. The two bandits in the rear suddenly drop into a deep slumber, but the robed figure easily shrugs off the magic and begins gathering his own magical energies to bring into the fight.

End of Surprise Round
Bandits 4 & 5 are entangled and asleep
Bandit 1 is dead
Bandit 2,3, and 6 are entangled

Round One


Round 1

Before disappearing Warren's dog charges the bandit held.
Dog S12-P14 attack O15 hit/dam1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 251d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Warren moves unhindered through the woods as druids often do V7-R8 firing his light crossbow at the robed one. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d8 ⇒ 4

Then, Warren's eagles attack the held robed figure and try to hover to harry his casting DC15 fly check
Tuney attack/dam/fly 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d4 ⇒ 31d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Montey attack/dam/fly 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d4 ⇒ 31d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Montey crit confirm/dam 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d4 ⇒ 3

Warren fires ineffectively, but his eagles and dog are quite effective against the held bandits.


Elf Paladin 2

With the eagles harrying the blackrobe, Thad decides to shoot at a different target rather than risk hitting one of the birds. He takes aim at the woman who must be Kessel and lets fly...

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 to hit, 1d8 ⇒ 7 damage


DM Rolls:
Bandit 2 Escape(DC12) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Bandit 3 Escape(DC12) 1d20 ⇒ 17
Bandit 6 Escape(DC12) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Imon Attack Bandit 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Warren's conjured dog manages to tear a good sized chunk of flesh from the bandit woman's leg before it disappears back into the aether. At nearly the same moment, Thad's arrow strikes her square in the chest. Staggering under the two solid blows she's unable to free herself from the vines that continue to grapple and hinder any effort she makes to attack or escape. Imon sends another arrow at the woman, but it ends up imbedded in one of the swirling vines.

The robed bandit begins to chant softly but the rhythm is disrupted as both birds dive and attack. Montey's strike leaves the man screaming loudly. The hood of his robe falls back to reveal a completely bald, white head suddenly marred by the crimson flow of blood flowing from where his right eye used to be. As he starts to fall, his death nearly certain, his right hand clutches at something hidden beneath the black robes.

The third bandit manages to break free of the swirling, grasping vines. Seeing the rest of his fellows and his leader both falling to the groups attack he immediately turns and begins to flee into the forest.

Round 2


Round 2
Warren rushes full speed into the forest, determined to stop the fleeing bandit. He skirts the north edge of his entangle spell. As he runs, he whistles, sending the eagles to follow. They climb to prepare to harass the man fleeing.

Warren runs using pass without trace 80' west to D11. His eagles have to gain altitude before they swoop in again I would think.

"Let none escape, I have the fleeing one."


Elf Paladin 2
Quote:
As he starts to fall, his death nearly certain, his right hand clutches at something hidden beneath the black robes.

Without needing to look with his god-given sight, Thad knew what lay beneath the man's robes, and he knew all to well what that vile trinket was capable of. He sets his bow aside hurriedly and sprints toward the blackrobe in a desperate attempt to wrest the charm from him.

I don't have enough movement to reach him this turn with a double move, consider these my rolls for next turn if applicable.
CMB(?): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Will save: 1d1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


male Human Bard (Detective) 2

Sorry about not posting last round, it seems like the new posts marker failed me.

Noting that the woman, the only one he had a good shot on, was tied up, he decided to move closer, hoping to finish off the spell caster (moving to Z10). He readied and loosed another arrow, hoping the man wouldn't have time to do whatever he was attempting.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 2


Thad races toward the mage, priest, or whatever he actually s while Imon lands another arrow into the dying man's arm. Pushing himself to the limit the paladin dives toward the man in a desperate attempt to keep the villain from activating the charm hidden under the robe. Showing a superb amount of dexterity, grace, and a healthy dose of luck Thad manages to jerk the charm out of the man's boney hand just as he begins his final chant over the deadly item.

Eyes burning with a cold, dark, rage match Thad's as he jerk's the charm from the bandit's hand. Blood gurgles from his lips interrupting the last words but a sense of satisfaction crosses his face as the charm releases a burst of dark energy that lances through Thad like a spear thrown from the very pits of the abyss.

Fortunately, Erastil, is guarding his servant today, and much of the energy is blocked as the paladin calls on his god for strength and protection.

The charm of bone shaped like a scorpion is very much like the others encountered in the past and continues to struggle in Thad's grip.

The last bandit continues to run south into the trees. His panicked running is easy to hear even after he disappears into the forest.

Seeing the robed man succumb to his wounds Kressle, struggles harder and finally breaks free of the grappling vines. Grabbing a potion from her belt, she quickly cracks the seal and drinks the contents. A second later a few of her wounds stop bleeding and partially heal themselves.

Thad Damage (Half for DC15 Will Save): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Kressle vs DC12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Kressle Potion of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Bandit B3 continues south. Double move (1/4 for dense forest) to O27


Warren sprints again directly south E29
and sends his eagle to harass the entangled female bandit again.

Tuney attack/dam/fly 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d4 ⇒ 11d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Montey attack/dam/fly 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d4 ⇒ 11d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

951 to 1,000 of 2,810 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM - Tareth's Modified Kingmaker Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.