Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM-Tareth's Modified Kingmaker Campaign

Game Master Tareth


901 to 950 of 2,744 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Thad: Yes, the party is approaching from the east.


Male Human Ranger

Perception Check:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Kams moves in the direction of the voices, eager to prevent the men from escaping and alerting their camp. He draws his sword as he goes. Surrender and you will not be harmed. Run and we will cut you down.


The party springs into action only to realize the bandits are not around the next bend in the trail. Apparently the voices carried further in the woods then originally anticipated. The cacophony from the angered crows continues to echo through the forest making it even harder to judge where the exactly where the voice might originate. However, both Kams and Warren can tell the two men are slowly moving east, away from the group.

Both men seem unaware of the parties presence as they continue to banter back and forth.

"You think Kressle'll let us go out on the next trip? I could do with a little bit o'..."

"You're always in need of somethin' Tick. Jus' leave the thinkin' to our betters. I hear there's big things in the works. Now come on."

DM Rolls:
PER Voice 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
PER Voice 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

I've updated the map to show where the voices are coming from. Feel free to move and state you location with the next round.

Warren, your dog appears this round.
Kams, I'm guessing you don't actually make an announcement until you are closer to the men. Is that correct?


Warren summons his dog and has him sprint down the trail with Warren chasing after Dog can make AC9 running at 4x30' and Warren can make Q14 running at 4x20'

Warren will send his eagles to get into postion and whispers, "Are these the bandits?"


Warren or PER(DC20):
As you move forward you catch a glimpse of two men moving east. The thick undergrowth makes it difficult to see them clearly from where you are but they do seem to be wearing the similar tattered cloaks and clothing as that worn by the other bandits you've encountered.

DM Rolls:

Bandit One PER: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Bandit Two PER: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

The group moves forward led by Warren's summoned dog. It seems neither of the bandits know of the parties presence until one of them shouts to his partner, "Hey Tick, did you hear something?"

The man turns around to see the snarling jaws of the charging dog heading straight toward him. Stumbling backwards he draws his short sword and prepares to fight off the animal.

"Where in the dark abyss did that come from!" He shouts.


Elf Paladin 2
DM - Tareth wrote:
Thad: Yes, the party is approaching from the east.

I'm confused. The encounter map has everyone approaching from the West, with the voices to the East... is East to the left in this map?

Initiative roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Readied action (fire at bandits if they flee or attack us): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Tityanna continues to follow Thad, if he moves forward to meet the voices, she will follow. If the bandits come within range of her Sleep spell, she will cast upon them and hopefully negate the party a good deal of damage.


Warren sends his dog to charge the nearest bandit as he continues to sprint ahead. to AA10

The dog will attempt to charge the closest bandit if he has a straight 60' run to him.
Charge to hit/damage/Trip vs CMB 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 = 151d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Augmented dog:

Riding Dog CR 1
XP 400
N Medium Animal
Init +2; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +8

Defense

AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11 (+2 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 17 (2d8+8)
Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +1

Offense

Speed 40 ft.
Melee bite +5 (1d6+5 plus trip)

Statistics
Str 19, Dex 15, Con 19, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Base Atk +1; CMB +5; CMD 15 (19 vs. trip)

The eagles attack flanking the other bandit if they are in the open--fumbling their attacks rather badly.
Montey hit/damage 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 61d4 ⇒ 2
Tuney hit/damage 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 61d4 ⇒ 3
Eagles stats on character sheet.


DM Rolls:
Bandits Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Bandit One Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Warren's dog charges the first bandit who takes a swipe at the animal, but misses badly as the angry beast latches on to his leg with its powerful jaws. Within seconds the man's feet are tangled with the dog and he falls to the ground struggling desperately to regain his footing.
Warren's eagles dive on the bandit, but the crows continue to harass both of the bigger birds throwing them off of the mark as they dodge away from their irritating and persistent attackers.

The second bandit sees Warren and Kams charging down the forest path. With little thought for his companion, he turns and runs further down the path.

Seeing the bandits flee, Thad sends an arrow through the undergrowth, but the cover is just enough to keep the arrow from hitting its target.

Tityanna begins to chant quietly under her breath as within a few heartbeats the glow of gathering magical energy begins to emanate from her body.

Thad, sorry I was putting the map up while prepping for a big board meeting for work. In my haste I forgot to have the PC's enter from the right rather than the left. So yes, east and west are reversed in the map.

Round 2


Imon Talis:
The deer tack through the woods you've found yourself on is difficult passage to say the least. The dense undergrowth of thorns, shrubs, and low branches has left you and your clothing scratched, scraped, and much the worse for wear. However, this was the path the old woodsman had pointed to when asked about the bandits rumored to be in the area.

After several hours of struggling along the path the raucous cries of several dozen crows erupts high in the trees just a short way to the south. A minute or two later you hear a surprised shout and then the sound of someone running through the woods. A second shout breaks through the forest, but you're unable to make out the words. However, the voice did carry a strong hint of authority.

Soon enough, the sound of snapping branches comes from just a little ways to the south and east. Judging from how fast they seem to be moving, either they're able to ignore the undergrowth or there is a more open path just a few steps ahead of your position.

You can start on the MAP on the trail between BC2 and BC5


Warren leaves the prone bandit for the others and continues to sprint at full speed along the path (4x20'=80'). Warren's dog returns to his previous plane of existence.


Elf Paladin 2

@Warren: Remember that woodland stride lets you travel through the brush unhindered, so you could sprint at him in a straight line rather than along the path. Actually, I don't think you're allowed to do a 4x move unless it's in a straight line...

Thad advances cautiously along the path (double move to AC-9) and stops when he comes near the man. As he nocks another arrow to his bow he tells the bandit "Just stay put there on the ground- 'less you want to test your luck and that leg against a sorceress and an armed man..."

I moved Tityanna on the map to follow Thad.


Thad is correct--Warren is sprinting in a straight line after the bandit.

Warren whistles and directs his eagle to pursue the thief.

With an 80' flying movement, the eagles are quite fast and unencumbered by terrain.


male Human Bard (Detective) 2

Imon grabbed an arrow out of his quiver and readied it in his bow. He oved forward slowly, hoping to not draw attention to himself. He moved toward the sound, hoping to find whoever made it before they saw him.


The downed bandit stares at Thad's arrow tip with a look of complete stun and surprise. His sword falls to the ground, the metal clattering loudly as it bounces off a few small rocks in the trail. Raising his hands in the air he surrenders as ordered.

The second man continues to run down headlong down the path.

Warren(PER 25):
You catch just the slightest hint of slow movement to the south and west of your current position.


Per 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Warren and his eagles give chase. Warren is running so quickly, he is not paying much attention to what lies ahead.


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Without sound, the scene seemed to breeze past Tityanna without allowing her much time to comprehend the actions. Thad loosed an arrow, and ahead a bandit had dropped his weapon and lifted his hands. She held on to the Sleep spell, but with the vegetation about, could not see any to use it upon. There, Warren is rapidly disappearing after some target, she suspects, and pushes her horse forward to secure the surrendered bandit.

'You there, eyes forward please,' she says. 'If you carry a stag charm, please remove it now,' she adds.

Erastil, please, do not let this man die.


male Human Bard (Detective) 2

Imon continued forward, bow raised but not drawn. He kept a close watch on what was in front of him and at his sides.

Perception:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


The captured bandit shakes his head at Tityanna's order. "I've no charm, Miss. Kressle and Devall said I wasn't worthy to wear one."

Imon:
It looks like the trail your on intersects with another wider, more trafficked path just a few yards ahead. As you come around the corner you quickly spot a man running quickly along the other path. He keeps looking over his shoulder as if someone is chasing him.

At the same time you hear the sound of another man moving quickly through the dense forest. As fast as he's moving, he must be very used to traveling in the woods or using magic in some way because no normal person could move through the tangle of branches and brambles that quickly.


male Human Bard (Detective) 2

Imon drew back the arrow and aimed squarely at the running man. [B]"Halt in the name of the Restov Civil Authority!" He shouted.

I think it's the bandit I'm aiming at, in case there is confusion.


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Tityanna stares at the bandit as he responds. That he is not removing a charm can mean one of two things, logically, that he hasn't one, or that it has already fused with him. If it were the latter, she supposed that he would be dying at this moment, as each bandit before him had.

'Leave your weapons and climb up on my mount,' she commands as the others continue to move forward without her. 'I cannot remain idle here.'


Hearing the warning shout from an unexpected direction, the startled bandit dives into the cover of the forest. The sound of snapping branches and tearing cloth is heard as the man struggles to escape into the forest.

PER(DC15):
As the bandit dives for cover you see him pull a fist-sized glass globe from a small pouch on his belt.

Warren:
You hear the shouted command to halt and catch a glimpse of another man holding a bow in the general direction of the bandit you were chasing. Your eagle companions seem unsure which of the two they should attack.


Following Tityanna's commands the bandit drops his weapons. A thoughtful look crosses his face as she offers to let him ride with her, but it quickly changes as he realizes Thad's bow is still trained in his direction. With a shrug of his shoulders, he limps over and struggles into the saddle behind the young sorceress.


Warren moves forward and Simmons another dog as his eagles circle.


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Tityanna reaches down to assist the bandit onto the back of her mount, gripping him by the wrist.

'Hang on tightly,' she offers brightly, sparing a quick glance for Thad. Scarcely the example we wish to set for ourselves, she muses, but cannot argue the point without a patch of dirt to read his answer.


male Human Bard (Detective) 2

Imon moved forward, switching the bow and arrow to one hand while he said a few words and gestured with his now free hand. The spell cast, Imon readied the bow again, announcing in a loud voice, "Move again and I'll fire!"

Sadly, Imon figured that the bandit would only need to move one more time before doing whatever he intended. Imon cursed the concept of due process, noting bitterly that the people who decided how lawbreakers should be treated seldomly came in contact with them.

Activated Detect Magic, do I need to wait until the third turn to make the spellcraft check to identify the glass globe thingy?


Imon:
Focusing your concentration on the globe you instantly see an aura of magic surround the object before it disappears with its bearer into the dense undergrowth.

Yes, it'll be two more rounds before you can attempt to identify anything


male Human Bard (Detective) 2

All right, I don't know if this is part of my action or for next turn, but Imon is going to approach to try and get a better look at the object. If the guy holding it does anything, he'll shoot him, if not then he'll just stand over him looking as menacing as he can.


As the bandit continues to try and escape through the trees, a fist sized glass globe rolls out into the middle of the path.

Imon, the bandit is no longer holding the globe, he's 'disappeared' into the dense undergrowth.

Imon and anyone else who approaches the globe:
As you advance on the globe, you can see it is made of a hard crystal or glass and is perfectly round. The interior appears to be filled with some kind of purple liquid. As the ball rolls to a stop you notice a thin trail of smoke trickling from the top center of the object.

PER(DC10):
The sounds of the escaping bandit can still be heard a short distance to the south as he struggles through the thorns, vines, and branches or the forest.


male Human Bard (Detective) 2

Imon still didn't know what the glass ball was or what it did, but after seeing the smoke rising from it, he was no longer overly interested in finding out.

Perception:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Hearing the sound of running to the south, Imon took off after it. Partly he was trying to get away from the ball, but he was also chasing after his quarry.


Warren runs with ease through the woods trying to follow the bandit.
Per 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Survival (track) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23-5 or 10 probably for running

After the extradimensional portal opens, his summoned dog appears 30' in front of him and gives chase too.


Warren:
Warren continues his run through the forest. As he steps through the trees he comes across the path just in time to see the bandit disappear back into the woods and a glass globe roll out behind him.

Another man wearing a chainmail shirt and carrying a longbow follows the other into the trees with his bow drawn.

The glass globe sits in the path for a second a small fuse of some sort sizzling quietly at the top.

Imon:
Imon slips into the undergrowth in pursuit of the bandit. As he enters the trees, a glimpse of movement catches his eye from behind. Another man appears. He tall, blonde, and dressed in hide armor carrying a wooden shield and scimitar. After a few gestures from the man a dog materializes just a few feet from your position.

Warren I'm not certain where you are on the map, could you give me your updated coordinates?


Another full run put me two squares left and one square up of Imon.


male Human Bard (Detective) 2

Imon turned and faced the newcomer, raising his bow, but not drawing back the string. "I am Investigator Talis, of Restov, identify yourself!" He ordered.

Imagine a cop holding a gun on someone, but with their finger off the trigger, that's basically what Imon is doing.


"Warren Kingeagle, one of the designated rulers of these lands. You are in my domain. I'm pursuing bandits."
Hope I don't need to show my charter.


male Human Bard (Detective) 2

Imon lowered his weapon, and nodded his head. "Very well, my lord." He pointed over his shoulder, adding "I have been chasing one that went this way, we might be able to catch him."

With that, he turned and headed in the direction that the bandit had fled. He didn't really expect to catch the man, he seemed to move to easily in the thick brush, but maybe Warren could.


Warren continues the pursuit easily sprinting through the brush as if it wasn't there. The brush almost seems to move aside as the nature man continues his pursuit in his hide armor.

I may need to buy a hide shirt if I continue these wild pursuits.

Warren whistles, and points, and two eagles tuck their wings and begin shallow dives after the quarry.


As Warren runs after the bandit, the globe dropped by the scruffy man suddenly starts to emit a high pitched whistle accompanied by three small balls of magical purple light that shoot straight up into the air well above the tree line.

Finally catching up to his quarry Warren sees the man facing him just beyond the trees near the shore of a creek. Hearing the whistle from his device the man smiles and says to the druid.

"Ha! Now you're in for it. These woods belong to the Stag Lord and his men. Kressle, she don't care for unwelcome visitors, so I suggest you just turn around and start running the other direction."


Warren speaks, "Well, I can make sure there is one less of you. Drop and surrender and you will be spared."

Warren swings his scimitar at the bandit, charging if he can.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 +2 hit if charging.


DM rolls:
Bandit Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

As Warren charges at the bandit, he manages to step aside and avoid the attack. Attemping to counterstrike, the man's misses the druid by a large margin. His aim thrown off when his tunic catches on a stray bramble hanging from a nearby tree.


Warren sends his two eagles to attack. Tuney flanking with Warren.
hit Warren/Tuney/Montey
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 111d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 171d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d4 ⇒ 4 Tuney damage


male Human Bard (Detective) 2

Keeping his eye on the other man, Imon charged after him, hoping Warren would lead him to the bandit.


Imon struggles through the forest into an clearing where the bandit is being attacked by two large birds and Warren. So far the man is holding his own against his three attackers.

Tuney lands a nasty hit with his claws as the bandit yelps in pain and ducks under a bit of cover to avoid Warren and Montey. His move also caused his own sword thrust to go wide.

Thad and Tityanna slowly move down the path until three globes of magical light leap into the air and burst in a colorful display high above the trees. It looks as if the magic came from a small globe sitting in the middle of the trail. It continues to emit a sharp whistle and stream of purple smoke that drifts up into the tops of the trees.

DM Rolls:
Bandit Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


male Human Bard (Detective) 2

Imon loosed an arrow at the spot he believed the bandit to be, deciding that the man wouldn't go quietly.

Attack:
Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

I'm assuming he still counts as in melee, so I deducted the -4. Also, I forgot to take into account my feats. Attack should be 19 and damage should be 6.


Warren, seeing the helpful stranger intervene on his behalf.

"Thank you my good man. This bandit cannot be allowed to give information to others."

In the wild, ganging up on the evil and twisted is fair play.


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Tityanna Spellcraft 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Tityanna Knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Tityanna draws reign well ahead of the orb, and attempts to decipher if it is anything she is familiar with, magically, since it obviously is not natural.

'Please remain calm,' she tells the bandit, then leans forward and pets her mount's neck.

Sylvan:

'And you, as well.'
Tityanna untrained Handle Animal 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Elf Paladin 2

Thad keeps his eye on the bandit, his bow still in hand. The globe looks like something Porter would come up with and he's tempted to run forward and unstop his waterskin over it. As Tityanna dismounts and moves forward to investigate it he decides to leave it to her instead; her affliction means that at least she won't be bothered by that godawful shrieking.


DM Rolls:
Bandit Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Snarling as he regains his footing the bandit lunges again at Warren. Unfortunately for the man, Imon's arrow lands square in his chest. He's knocked back a few steps and his swing goes wild as he gasps in surprise and pain.

Undeterred by the situation, he growls out, "I'll see you in the abyss before I betray my friends like that lousy Tick."


Tityanna:
You examine the orb and it is clearly magical and alchemical in origin. Your initial hunch is that the manufacturer modified a magic missile spell with some alchemical agents to create a signaling device that could be used in dense wooded areas.

As Tityanna examines the orb the whistling slowly grows quieter and the smoke comes to a stop but not before it is clearly visible above the forest canopy.

The bandit, seeing both Thad and Tityanna's concern over the device, leans around and whispers something into the young woman's ear.


Tuney and Montey try to hover in place.

Fly DC15 checks:
Tuney/Montey 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 141d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Tuney cannot maintain his position and needs to fly off, but Montey manages to deliver a two talon rake after hovering near the bandit now flanking with Warren.
Montey attack:
To hitx2/damage 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d4 ⇒ 21d4 ⇒ 2

If the bandit is still up, Warren hits with his scimitar
Warren attack:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Crit confirm?1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 161d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

901 to 950 of 2,744 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM - Tareth's Modified Kingmaker Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.