Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM-Tareth's Modified Kingmaker Campaign

Game Master Tareth


651 to 700 of 2,792 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Tityanna takes a run action to AF34, praying that the bush conceals her well enough, because she finds herself flat footed after.


DM Rolls:

B10 Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 10
B9 Attack Warren: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
B8 Attack Warren: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
B5 Mount Horse
B2 HP: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
B10 HP: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
B5 HP: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
B8 HP: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
B1 Will(DC12): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
B4 Will(DC12): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
B6 Will(DC12): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
B7 Will(DC12): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
B10 Attack Warren: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 - 2 = 6

D1 Attack Bandit B10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
D2 Attack Bandit B9: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Alaina Attack Bandit B8: 1d20 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 2 - 2 + 1 = 20
Alaina Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Before the bandits have a chance to react Thad gets off another quick shot striking the second man holding the ram on right hand side. Clutching at the arrow the man spins against the mantlet as he struggles to regain his footing.

Realizing they're now caught between the defenders in the fort and a hostile group attacking from their rear, several bandits make a break for the horses. The leader tries to rally his troops but is mostly unsuccessful and causes his own shot at Warren to sail wide again.

Seeing a magical gate begin to form, the bandit nearest to Warren tries to land an arrow which might disrupt the magic, but he just misses. A few seconds later, Warren completes his summons and a large mastiff charges from the gate. Covering the short distance quickly the canine's jaws clamp down on the startled bandit's leg causing him to scream out in fear and pain before he collapses to the ground.

Following Warren's directions, his two bird companions dive at the bandit near the horses as he trying to make a quick getaway. One of the birds strikes the man in the shoulder, its talon's leaving a nasty series of gashes.

Stephanus reloads his crossbow, while sharing his insights on the nature of bandits and their lack of courage. His theory appearing to be proven accurate with several already running for the horses.

Tityanna, taking advantage of the confusion and cover, runs ahead as the fleeing bandits race past taking no notice of the mage.

Switching to a new target Thad sends an arrow after one of the fleeing bandits, but it sails past as the man ducks at the last second.

Alaina targets the man in charge, and having found the range, sends a shaft into his throat. Hands grasping at the arrow, his lips mutter a few broken stutters before blood begins pouring forth and he drops to the ground.

The fort's defenders continue to harass the bandits from the walls, but again fail to land a hit.

Round Two


Warren rushes to help Tityanna, sprinting across the road to her aid.

The dog returns to his plane of origin, suddenly winking out of existence.

Warren 80'sprint to AG30.

Eagle attack:
DC 15 fly checks to hover Montey/Tuney 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 91d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 Montey has to make another pass after his missed attack, but Tuney hovers in place delivering two claws and a bite to the horse handler 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d4 ⇒ 41d4 ⇒ 11d4 ⇒ 2 Appears Tuney hovers by horse-handler and gets in two good attacks (for 5?).


Elf Paladin 2

Seeing the bandits break, Thad urges his horse toward the next thicket they can use for cover and fires at the fleeing men. The horse's leg catches on some bit of hidden undergrowth as it steps into the brush, throwing his aim off. He makes a mental note to check the animal for injuries when the battle is over.

Rolls & Stats:
Ride check - spur mount (DC 15): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 (1d3 ⇒ 1 damage to mount)
Attack roll@B6: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 (1d8 ⇒ 1 damage)

HP: 7/11
AC: 21 (10 base, +3 dex, +3 armor, +1 shield, +4 cover)
Mount's AC: 13 (10 base, -1 size, +2 dex, +2 armor)
CMD: 14

FORT: +4
REF: +3
WILL: +2 (+2 vs enchantment)

Bow: +4,1d8/x3,110' (-2, 2nd range increment)
Longsword: +2, 1d8+1

Effects: Naturalist performance vs bandits

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 1

Stephanus keeps his weapon trained on the fleeing bandits and advances as he continues his performance. Taking possession of the siege engine seems to him like a sound course of action. As he sees the group of horses waiting for the fleeing bandits, he glances back toward their own caravan and the missing cavalry.

Once those men are horsed, they may find their courage, he thinks to himself. No better time for a charge of horse.

Move to K34 and continuing performance.

stats:
rnd 2, hp 9, ac 16
bardic performance used 2/13
spells cast today: comprehend languages


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Seeing that the bandits are fleeing for their horse as she suspected that they might, Tityanna turns her attention to the creatures and their handler. Gripping the bark of the shrub beneath her hand, she draws upon the power of nature to fuel her magics, breathing in the scent of the leaves and the earth, and begins casting Sleep, targeting square AN 45.


Aliana moves forward with Stephanus to take possession of the ram. She keeps her bow at the ready and, not wanting to waste a good arrow, simply watches as the bandits flee. Now will they run in full retreat or regroup and come again? she muses aloud.


DM Rolls:

B5 Control Mount: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
B5 Attack Bird: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

B7 Attack Warren: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
B2 Attack Warren: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The bandit by the horses attempts to escape but is hindered by the attacking birds and the shouts of his own companions. Drawing his sword he attempts a swing at Tuney, but looses control of the horse and misses wildly.

Most of the bandits continue running toward the horses, but one man maintains his position at the ram, sending another arrow past the sprinting Warren. He's joined by a second bandit who gets back to his feet despite the arrow sticking in his chest. With a grim look he draws his own bow and fires, but clearly the pain and shock disrupt his aim as it lands well away from his intended target.

While Warren runs across the open field, his eagles continue to harass the mounted bandit. Hovering over the man, Tuney gets in several solid strikes knocking him from the horse as he falls unconscious.

Stephanus cautiously moves forward toward the ram, continuing to provide his companions encouragement and inspiration.

The familiar tingle of magic emanates from Tityanna as she prepares another spell to deal with the fleeing men.

Thad's arrow slips and misses as his horse stumbles and Alaina steps up with Stephanus waiting to see which way the bandits break.

Round Three


Warren calmly advances with his light crossbow and misses the closest Bandit. Montey engages the same bandit with another beak and claw flurry while Tuney flies up to arrange for another pass.

attack:
Move to AJ33 attack B4 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d8 ⇒ 1 Montey hovers to AM43 DC15 flight check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22to attack the same bandit with claws and beak 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 181d4 ⇒ 11d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 131d4 ⇒ 41d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 91d4 ⇒ 3

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 1

Stephanus aims his crossbow at his clearest target by the ram while droning on about the weak moral fiber of the common brigand and his propensity for flight in the face of real adversity.

"This insistence on fighting in the face of these odds speaks to a certain lack of common sense."

5' step to L34. I think I'm still at 2 range increments. Continuing performance.

attack: 1d20 + 2 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 4 + 1 = 14.
damage 1d8 ⇒ 1

stats:
rnd 3, hp 9, ac 17
bardic performance used 3/13
spells cast today: comprehend languages
current effects: naturalist (vs humans)


Aliana continues to advance with Stephanus, pausing to fire off another arrow at the bandits stubbornly refusing to relinquish the ram.

1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 4 = -11d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 If Stephanus'target does not fall, she will take aim at him. If he is down, she will fire at the other one.

edit: or I could just shoot myself in the foot instead. lol


Elf Paladin 2

Seeing the bandits practically routed, Thad advances on the ones who ran for the horses. As the weighty syllables of Tityanna's spell ring out he takes aim and waits to fire at any of the rabble who are still standing.

Attack w/longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d8 ⇒ 2

Wow, if we were using real dice I would have swapped them out by now. Is there a digital equivalent to the superstition?


Maybe the DM will let you call bottoms (subtract your result from the dice+1). The bottom of a d6 roll of 1 is a 6.


DM Rolls:

B2 Will(DC15): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
B7 Will(DC14): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

B1 Will(DC17): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
B4 Will(DC17): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
B6 Will(DC17): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
B10 Will(DC17): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

B7 Attack Warren: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
B7 Damage to Warren: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Near the ram, the wounded bandit throws down his bow and raises his one good arm, while wincing in pain as blood continues to flow from an earlier arrow wound. The second man, grits his teeth and appears ready to fight to the death as he sends a shaft directly for Warren that deflects off of the druid's armor.

The other bandits all scramble for the horses, ignoring their comrade who continues to be attacked by Warren's eagles. Taking the time to get mounted they start to flick the reins when Tityanna finishes her spell and a cloud of magical energy drifts over the group, causing all but one man to fall soundly asleep. Seeing his comrades fall, he pulls on the reins turning the horse to the south.

Stephanus manages to nick the bandit firing at Warren, but causes little damage as the man starts to ready another arrow.

Round Three


Elf Paladin 2

Thad guides his horse toward the copse of sleeping bandits and sets an arrow to his string as he shouts at the sole bandit who has clung to consciousness, "Are you betting that horse is faster than this arrow? Surrender!"

Move T40 --> AA46
Readied action to fire at mounted bandit if he doesn't surrender 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d8 ⇒ 2


Male Human Ranger

Moving towards his mount, Kams addresses the former bandits that have been watching the action beyond the caravan. Any of those men worth a second chance? They are your fellows, you would know them best. Should they fall or be granted reprieve.?

Kams mounts his horse, awaiting the men's replies. As he does he motions for Donal and the dwarven brothers to watch over the men he addresses.


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Tityanna gets creative and casts Message and points at the bandit that fired at Warren.

DM Tareth, Bandit, Perception DC 25:

"Your superiors have been informed of Happ's failure, and have withdrawn their support for your actions. Stop immediately, surrender your arms and swear your life to the good lord Erastil's judgment and you will know leniency."

[ooc]Tityanna untrained Diplomacy 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Warren calmly returns fire with his crossbow at the bandit escaping.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d8 ⇒ 8

He will send his eagles after any bandits that do not surrender.

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 1

Stephanus abandons his performance and moves forward at a trot, trying to anticipate the coming shot from the fatalistic bandits. Time to finish this and get thier wards within the relative safety of the palisade and gate.

Double move to W34.

stats:
rnd 4, hp 9, ac 16
bardic performance used 3/13
spells cast today: comprehend languages
current effects: none


DM Rolls:

B7 Will(DC15): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
B10 Will(DC12): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
B10 Ride(DC5): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The remaining holdout by the ram starts to draw back his bow when he tilts his head to the side as if listening to someone whisper in his ear. His eyes dart back and forth across the field and with a frustrated curse he tosses his weapon down and raises his hands above his head.

The mounted bandit kicks his horse into a gallop. Unfortunately for the man as the horse takes off and leaps the brush, he slips out of the saddle and falls hard to the ground stunned at his misfortune. After a second or two he answers both Thad and Warren's demands for surrender by feebly raising his arms in the air.

You have control of the field.


Cal shakes his head at he watches the bandit fall from his horse.

"Young Jorge never could ride a horse."

With a look to Kams he says, "Well sir, some of 'em aren't bad folk. Jus' stuck in a bad place or 'ard times." He spits to the side and then points to the last holdout standing next to the ram. "There's a nasty piece of work. He's mean through and through and 'as a mind for causin' harm. Out of 'em all, I wouldn't trust 'im at all."


Male Human Ranger

Your concerns are noted, and appreciated. Cause no harm here in my absence, and it will speak well of you to the others.

Looking to Donal, I ride to tell the masters and mistresses what our "associates" say of these men, and to aid in securing the gates for your passage. Be ready to ride shortly, I will sound the horn when it is time, and the others will ride out to meet you.

Kams turns his mount and quickly gallops off towards the fort.


Warren has carefully saved a minor spell of healing and looks to see if anyone is injured.

"Tityanna, your magic was critical to victory. I think we need the crazy nature man charging out front to distract them from the real threat."

Warren smiles and winks.

Anyone injured? I have healing magic ready to go."


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

"I am considering illusion magics to that point," Tityanna answers. "Would spare quite a few of us injury in the future. Provided our enemies remain as... unsophisticated as now."

Tityanna shows that she has only the previous day's life threatening injury to nurse. "Just the wing," she purrs. "It is crippled, but I do enjoy being doted upon," she hums in obvious jest for the risk she has taken this morning.

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 1

Stephanus is mindful of the hard case and his gestures. He keeps his weapon trained on the man and advances to cover Warren. He calls out to the druid.

"If you would disarm and bind those men, I have them well-covered." He thrusts the crossbow at them to enforce his point.

"We need to make contact with the outpost, and drag this engine off the road. Either put it in the outpost or raze it. Then we can get the caravan under cover."


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Tityanna nods at Stephanus' assessment. "I believe as far as the outpost is concerned, Master Meyerson and his family can testify for our worth," she says and smiles foolishly, her face flushed. The adrenaline of the combat was wearing thin, and Tityanna now recognizes how silly it had been to rush forward with near crippling wound, and casting magics besides. She feels giddy, and bounces in place on her heels.

"Umm, beg pardon," she hums, and dips her head in an awkward salute. "I should... see to my Puck. Would you prefer our knight attend you, Master Dominova?"


As Stephanus and Thad start to deal with the captured bandits, one of the outpost's defenders turns as says something to another inside the walls. A few moments later another man appears in the tower. A rough, gray beard covers his chin and more gray can be seen sticking out from underneath his tarnish steel helm. He calls down to Stephanus, Thad, and the others.

"I thank you for your assistance sirs, but if you've ideas of taking their place at my gate, you should know, I'll give you as much as I gave them."


With a nod and wave, Donal acknowledges Kams', then motions for the bandits to help get the wagons ready to move as the ranger rides down to the outpost.


"Let's get this siege engine inside."


Elf Paladin 2

Thad turns a practiced eye to the defenses as he sets to securing the bandits and calls back, "No thanks are necessary, I'm sure you would have defended yourselves well. We've been sent by the Sword Lords with settlers and supplies. We have charters signed and sealed to that effect, and the wagons should be coming forward in a few minutes." He looks around for a moment then shrugs as he cinches the ropes tight around a bandit's arms, "I don't think I need to say much more about why we rode ahead. My name's Thad. It'll be a real pleasure to sleep with solid walls around us."

Pathfinder doesn't have a Knowledge (tactics) skill or I'd roll it... what condition is the outpost in? Does it seem likely that its trading post would have held?


"You'll forgive me if I ask to see one of these charters before I open my gate." Replies the gray beard to Thad. He motions to the guard next to him who disappears behind the wall. A few seconds later a small slot open in the gate with the man's face peering through. Calling down from above, the old man says, "Just pass your paper to Amos there and we'll see if it's legit or not."


It about this time that Kams, rides up to the rest of the group and the sound of Donal and the others bringing the wagons forward can be heard.

For now, all of the prisoners are disarmed and secured. All six men sit to the side of the road near the ram under the watchful eyes of Stephanus and Alaina.


Elf Paladin 2

"Of course."

Thad rummages through his saddlebags for a moment then strolls to the gate with the scroll case in hand. His firm stride is marked by a slight limp as he approaches the gate, opens the case, and passes his charter through.


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Tityanna feels every bit as weary as Thad as she clings to Puck's back with her good arm, allowing the pony to support her weight and assist her movement.

Some shinning examples of defenders we appear, she muses sourly. Dirty, injured and hurting, escorting enemies painted up in motely. How might it appear to him?

"Apologies for our tardiness. We drove the wagons as hard as we might considering this crew confounded our progress at each step," Tityanna offers and gestures to the prisoners with a nod. "As we are not without our own injuries, we appreciate your caution."

Tityanna untrained Diplomacy 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


The guard takes Thad's charter. After a few seconds he shouts up to Oleg that all seems to be in order. Listening to Tityanna, Oleg blushes just a little as he realizes that both she and Thad suffer from wounds. Somewhat embarrassed at his earlier words he calls down to the guard.

"If all's in order, open the gate Amos and let these folk through."

Taking off his helm, he offers a slight bow of the head to both Tityanna and Thad, "My apologies sir, madam. I didn't mean to come across as ungrateful for your help and unsympathetic to your own injuries. But as you can certainly see, we've had a bit of a rough go around here recently."


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

"Aye, good sir, and we weather such hardships better united," Tityanna replies and smiles at the elder man. "Though I confess I am no expert in tactics," she jests with no small amount of resignation as she leans harder on Puck.

Tityanna wets her lips, and glances back over the caravan. "We do have among us one Kesten Garess, a military man. Perhaps he might assist you and yours to devise a more adequate method of security?"


Elf Paladin 2

"Oh, I understand. Along with this lot," Thad indicates the row of bound bandits, "we have some prisoners from an attack at the river crossing. I don't suppose you have a stockade or some place we can keep an eye on them while we make our introductions?"


Male Human Ranger

Kams pulls his horse up near the row of men, leaning down while waving Warren, Aliana, and/or Stephanus nearby to listen.

Gesturing to the man the other prisoners indicated was the "bad seed," Kams states The others indicated most of these men are in straits similar to their own, but this one, he is right and out a despicable cur, not to be trusted. We should be doubly cautious and bind him most securely.

Dismounting and looking over both the party and the prisoners, the fort and it's defenders, he comments. As there's been no formal greeting or permission of entry, I'd like to remain out here and watch over these till you folks are ready to attend to them. The other prisoners are assisting Donal and the caravan, so seek them out for better information on these blackards.

Kams glances at the slowly approaching wagons, Hogtied and trussed, these men should offer little danger; the fair birds and I should be able to keep them in check whilst you attend to matters of state with the fort and our wards.

Kams takes a moment to check and verify the men are bound as best to be expected, trussing and tightening as needed. The more dangerous brigand he takes the additional precaution of binding a cord from ankles back tight to his wrists, pulled down and behind his waist, as well as gagging him, both with a ragged strip of cloth cut from the man's cloak or jerkin, as well as with a strong cord and leather wrap forcing his teeth apart and cheeks widely stretched. These men may feel safer knowing the likes of you aren't bandying about nonsense and trifles.


"I will inspect the defenses and see if they are in order and acquaint myself with them in case we are attacked again. Kesten can join me if he is up to it. Let those inside know there is no shooting at eagles in this post, any eagles are on our side."

Warren smiles and sends his eagles back up to scout for any more dangers while he inspects the defenses of the stockade.


"Kesten?! He's back already? We just hosted his lot a bit ago. Usually his crew doesn't come but once a month. I'll be sure to have Svetlana set out a pitcher of the dark ale."


The gate swings open with the slight squeal of rusted hinges. Inside the walls are a small house, stable, guest house, outhouse, and a couple of smaller storage sheds surrounding a good sized courtyard. The open area should provide enough room for the wagons although it will be a tight fit.

The stockade and defenses aren't the best, but they are serviceable. Each of the four towers mounts an old ballista, none of which seem to be in working order but might be repaired with the right tools and skills. The gate isn't strong, and probably wouldn't have held out for long against the simple ram the bandits had improvised.

A woman, about the same age as Oleg, is busy setting out a tray of food and several pitchers on a table under an awning near the guest house. She waves a happy greeting to Thad, Tityanna, and the others while offering warm food and cool drink in thanks for the timely arrival and capture of the bandits.

The second guardsman continues to watch from the tower while a third is busy dousing the last remaining flames which consumed a third storage building. Apparently the small building was the only casualty of the bandits attack.

Guardsman Amos offers a smile and wave as he opens the gate. To Thad's question of where to house the prisoners, he points to one of the storage sheds. "All we've got sir is one of the sheds. That one there is empty right now, and should be secure enough for now."


Aliana slides a finger along the goosefeather fletching of her noched arrow as she helps prod the prisoners into the shed. It will serve well enough for the present. Have you any proper manacles we might borrow? Certain of these look willing to cause trouble yet if they could, and I would trust iron more than hemp.


Guardsman Amos nods his head at Alaina and then walks over to the stable. After a few minutes he returns with a couple of sets of slightly rusted iron shackles. Handing them over to Alaina he says, "These are the best Oleg has. They don't look like much, but I think they'll do for the worst of this lot."


It takes a few minutes, but after about an hour the road is cleared, prisoners are secured, and the settlers and wagons are all safely inside the palisade.

Oleg greets Ursula with a big bear hug and offer's her a room in the house. She then sees to those who continue to suffer from additional or earlier wounds, mentioning to both Oleg and Svetlana that her stores of herbs are getting low. The merchant's wife nods her understanding and ducks back into the house for a few minutes. When she returns she has a variety of small bottles and bundles which she offers to share. "I've not everything you need, but a few which should help."

After handing the herbs to Ursula, Svetlana points to the table with food and drink saying to everyone, "Please, help yourselves. Your help today, was very timely and most appreciated. Eat and enjoy our thanks."

The table is piled with a variety of smoked meats and cheeses. A pot of steaming vegetable stew sits in the middle of a large platter containing a variety of smoked meats and cheeses. A basket of warmed rolls sits next to another platter of baked sweet breads and cookies. At the end of the table are several gallon pitchers of light and dark ales along with plain water and a pair of wine jugs labeled 'Wildberry Wine'.


Elf Paladin 2

Once the prisoners are seen to Thad gets his mules stabled and finally takes his armor off, grateful to be in a place of safety. He wears a simple tunic and goes out to see how the various members of the Meyerson family are getting along- after accepting Svetlana's offer and helping himself to a bowl of the stew .


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Tityanna expends the remainder of her energy stabling Puck alone, too proud to ask for help from any of the others who have relevant experience and are likely seeing to far more important matters, she thinks. Just getting the pack saddle off is excruciating. She uses a three legged stool to rest on while brushing Pucks hind quarters and checking his joints for any damage.

Sylvan:

"At some point, cousin, this is going to be much, much easier, hmm?"

After washing up, her hands and her face at the very least, Tityanna helps herself to the table and to a plate of sweet rolls and a number of cheeses, and finally a half a tankard of dark ale to start. She settles near Donal and leans a bit too hard on him when her balance is thrown off by the near dead weight of her injured arm, and her general lack of equilibrium teetering near exhaustion.

"Don't let me drink much more than this," she implores and shows him the contents of her tankard, "or I'll sleep all day."


Warren enjoys a fine meal washed down with some Wildberry Wine


Male Human Ranger

Once the prisoners are transferred to the makeshift stockade, Kams will speak momentarily with either Aliana or Stephanus, asking them to make his apologies to the group. It is his intention to take a quick survey of the surrounding area, looking for signs of the bandits' tracks, and assuring that no watchers were missed in the failed attempt to take the fort.

I am little good at introductions, and our own nobility would be pleased by my absence, I am certain. I wish to scout our surroundings, to make sure no one was missed in the attack, and to see if any tracks might be found to determine the directions from which most "visitors" come to this place. I shall return once the evening falls. Sound a call if I am needed before then.

With that, he mounts and rides out of the fort, nodding a quiet greeting to any that take notice.

Good to be out and about alone for awhile, right girl. Get some air free of the scents and sounds of it all.


It's not too long before the settlers all join the group around the tables and an atmosphere of celebration and relief fill the air. Both Oleg and Svetlana are friendly, and generous, as Oleg brings out a few more pitchers of ale. The children are busy playing around the tables, their happy laughter adding to the festive feel.

Eventually Fulton Meyerson stands up with a little encouragement from his wife. Blushing a bit, he raises his glass saying, "I'd like to offer a toast to our able and honorable protectors on this journey. Without your help, guidance, and skills with arms, we likely wouldn't have survived this trip as intact as we have." He looks at Thad, Tityanna, Warren, Stephanus, and Alaina and continues, "You've all taken wounds to guard us from harm, and I can only offer my sincere thanks and that of my family. I think I speak for the whole group when I say that should you ever find yourselves in any need, you'll be able to count on our support and help."

Finishing his short speech, he raises his glass and takes a long drink. A round of cheers and clinking mugs follows as the others voice their enthusiastic agreement with Fulton.


Donal easily wraps his arm around Tityanna as she leans heavily against his shoulder. A smile warms his face as he says, "Aye, you're cut off, although I think you could likely use a good days sleep."

Seeing the mage continue to favor her shoulder he says with just a bit of concern in his voice, "You should have Ursula take a look at that wound again. That ruckus today could have torn something open."

651 to 700 of 2,792 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM - Tareth's Modified Kingmaker Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.