Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM-Tareth's Modified Kingmaker Campaign

Game Master Tareth


451 to 500 of 2,736 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

"The serpent will pay for hurting sea creatures. Aliana, keep up the fire, the serpent is almost down."


DM Rolls:

Alexis - Attack Serpent 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Alexis - Damage 1d6 ⇒ 6
[ooc]Andrea - Animal Handling(DC17)
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Fulton - Double Move to X16, grab horse harness
Burdo - Double Move to V19
Porter - Double Move to T19

Serpent - Move to Y15.
Select Serpent Attack - 1-2: Horse, 3-4: Horse, 5-6: Fulton 1d6 ⇒ 2
Serpent - Attack Horse 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Serpent Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Eyes scanning the other side of the road, Stephanus doesn't see any other threat.

Fulton Meyerson rushes to the wagon, grabbing the lead horse by the bridle in a desperate hope to keep it from bolting with his entire family in the wagon. Alexis finally puts an arrow deep into the creature as it becomes easier for her to target on the land. Andrea continues struggling with the animals but, can't get them to move where she wants.

Donal, pulling out a clean cloth, clamps it on Tityanna's arrow wound to try and stop any bleeding. Wrestling with his concern for both the badly wounded Tityanna and the Meyerson's, he struggles to make a decision for a few seconds. Then seeing the bandits are all subdued he whispers to the mage, "I've got to go help the others against that beast. Don't move much until Ursula can look at that wound." He then dashes off toward the serpent, hammer at the ready.

Thad and Alaina both have little luck as the rain and wind play havoc with their ability to land a good hit with a bow.

The bandit let's out a startled squeal as Kams knocks him unconscious with a quick punch to the back of the head.

Warren turns and runs back across the the ground he just covered trying to intercept the serpent before it reaches the wagon.

The serpent sensing a variety of potential meals decides to go for the horse at the far side of the wagon. It sinks its teeth deep into the poor animals flesh, causing a chilling squeal of panic to erupt from all of the horse who immediately lung forward in an attempt to escape the huge predator. Fulton is knocked away while Alexis and Andrea fall backwards as the wagon lurches forward toward the fast moving water.


Male Human Ranger

Glancing in the direction of the others, Kams stops momentarily, weighing his options. The others are rushing the serpent and the wagons, while he stands before a cadre of bandits, all at his mercy. He looks to his blade, to the downed foes, then to the serpent.

Erastil aid and protect my friends, for I have a dark duty here before me.

Kams draws his dagger, dropping his sword point first into the ground, then kneels by the unconscious bandit. His knife begins sawing away behind the prone form.

Knife work to be done:
Kams cuts long strips from the bandit's cloak, or clothing, and begins binding his hands and legs behind the prone man's back. From a distance, his sawing motions leave much to the imagination. Survival Check if appropo to tie knots 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
This is better than you deserve, scum. And for shame to anyone who thought Kams would actually slay these bandits. That comes later... maybe ;}


Aliana nods at Warren's encouragement and places yet another arrow to string.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 71d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Growling with frustration, she takes a step forward towards the beast. I can't hit it! The wind and wet has destroyed my bow string!

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 1

Stephanus stretches out when he sees the wagon lurch into motion. With a growl he casts off the hard-won shield. He tosses it into the grass beside the road where it won't get run over by a wagon. He leaps at the wagon.

His second move action takes him to the side of the wagon. If it's feasible to get to the front by jumping in the rear, Stephanus does this. Otherwise he'll use more movement to progress up the side before jumping. This could be bad...

Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Spoiler:
rnd 7, hp 6, ac 16
bardic performance used 1/13


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Tityanna blushes, feeling quite useless and literally stung by the arrow piercing her shoulder. A mage, she has little to worry about positioning save for range to target her foes. Turning, she begins speaking the words of Sleep again.


Elf Paladin 2

Thad leads his horse forward to interpose himself between the hungry serpent and the cart containing the Myserson family. He hacks at the beast's head while the horse puts its full weight and momentum behind its hooves and tries to trample the creature into the mud.

Ride Checks & Attacks:
Ride checks: Guide with knees (DC5), fight with combat trained mount (DC10), Spur mount (DC15)
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 141d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d3 ⇒ 1 = success, 1 HP damage to mount
Ride check to negate hit on mount (DC = attack roll) or use mount for cover (DC15) if necessary: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Horse's move: Move to X14 (55')

Attack (Thad) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Attack (Warhorse) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Montey and Tuney sweep down from the bridge side to attack the serpent as they are trained to attack approaching Warren.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d4 ⇒ 21d4 ⇒ 4

Warren charges and flanks the serpent with his eagles.

1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 131d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Assuming flanking and charging, -2 to attack if charge not possible. I must be rolling Aliana's dice.


DM Rolls:

Andrea Meyerson - Animal Handling(DC17) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Horses Move(1-2: River/3-4: Along shore/5-6: Across Bridge) 1d6 ⇒ 3

Burdo - Double Move to Y17
Donal - Double Move to Y16
Fulton - Stand Up. Attach Serpent with Staff 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Ursula - Move to P19
Duella - Move to O17

Stephanus - Reflex Save to Grab Wagon(DC20) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Stephanus, running hard across the muddy, wet road leaps for the back of the Meyerson's wagon as the horses start to gather speed. Unfortunately, his feet slide out from under him just as he leaps. His hands, desperately straining to reach the back gate of the wagon, brush the wood only to slip off as the bard lands face first into the mud. The momentum from his leap and miss causing him to slide for a few extra feet before finally coming to a stop.

The wagon lurches forward as the horses continue to panic and Andrea Meyerson is unable to get them under control. They head directly for the rushing river only to turn at the last second causing the wheels and carriage to groan and pop with the strain as the entire thing tips up and nearly over before settling back to the ground. Frightened squeals erupt from inside as the children are tossed about. After the turn, the horses and wagon continue forward. Driven by panic they crash through lighter brush and pull the wagon forward despite the far wheels being partially submerged in the shallow water of the river.

Fulton recovers from his fall and takes a desperate swipe at the serpent before he can charge off after his family. Burdo and Donal arrive just as Thad, in a professional display of horsemanship, charges the serpent and both rider and horse land solid blows that, combined with another strike from one of the eagles, finally bring the big creature down. It's massive body drops to the ground, bleeding profusely from multiple wounds. Just as it drops, two more arrows from Alaina fly past and splash into the water beyond.

Duella, opens her mouth to shout at Kams then realizes he is only binding the bandits. With a shake of her head at her own foolishness, the halfling steps down and follows Ursula. The younger woman jumps down from the wagon with her bandages and ointments and starts moving toward Tityanna with a worried eye and quiet prayer directed to the fleeing wagon.


Warren rushes to the runaway wagon to help the children. He will use his skills to soothe the horses as soon as possible--grabbing the reins when close.

"Easy, easy, the threat is gone." Warren repeats in a soothing tone.
Diplomacy with animals 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 normally takes about a minute

Woohoo a 20. Hope these horses don't react like the other two Warren tried to befriend earlier :-)


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

"Please, do not fuss over me," Tityanna asks Ursula, and begins moving towards the sleeping bandits, away from the likely terrified children in the wagon. "The children will require a steady hand," she says, her smile a pained grimace.

"Sir," Tityanna identifies herself as she approaches Kam. "The spell will not bind them for very long. I believe that it would be beneficial if we separated the lessers from their officer, if we mean to interrogate them."

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 1

Stephanus struggles to his feet in the deep mud, checks with his hand that his weapon is still in the scabbard, and walks the last couple feet to the edge of the flood. He uses the combination of rain and muddy flood water to flush his mouth and nose of mud and to wash the mud from his eyes.

His sight restored, he peers after the wagon struggling away through the brush and mud, then glances over at Kams binding the slumbering bandits. For just a moment, his gaze settles on the patch of grass where the man he likely killed bleeds out. His fingertips find the sore spot where the bandit's arrow pierced his armor and he experiences a short, irrational shot of hot anger at the man who lies over there dying.

Then it passes.

He starts after the struggling wagon, anxious for the sake of the family within.


Male Human Ranger

Kams will secure the bandit leader first, binding him such that he's flat on his back, his eyes, mouth and ears caked with mud from the landscape. Shame for you Cracky can't produce on command.

He will then move warily to the others, sword and dirk drawn in case they prove dangerous. I may need assistance with these, should they cause trouble, else you folks decide to let me end them now instead, he shouts as he approaches the waking duo, a wicked grin on his face matched by a glint in his darkened eyes and sneering grin.

I'm trying Alisha, but it's hard not to really want to end these and every other such sons of a bast...

Intimidate Check:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Warren:
Because the horses are in a panic and on the run, I think I'm going to say your 20 is for an Dex Check/Animal Handling roll to just grab the harness and get them stopped which is a major feat itself. If you would like to continue calming the animals and befriend them and/or guide them safely back to the road without damaging the wagon further, then I'll need a second roll.

The wagon shudders, creaks, and groans as the panicked horses continue their charge into the rough terrain. Yori Meyerson crawls up to try and help his mother rein in the horses, but both have little success.

With the serpent down, Fulton, Donal and the others all charge after the wagon. Warren is the first to actually catch up and in a spectacular display of physical skill is able to grab the lead horse by the bridle and bring the team to a stop. Sounds of crying, frightened children can be heard coming from the wagon.

As everyone approaches the wagon Sari Meyerson raises the canvas with a big smile on her face and jumps down saying in a bright cheerful voice, "That was great, can we do it again!"


Kams and Tityanna easily secure the defeated bandits. The two that are just starting to wake up give Kams a wide-eyed look and remain submissive. One of the two, a scrawny man with a hawk-beaked nose says in a nasally voice, "We ain't gonna try noffin' your lordship. Honest, we won't cause no more trouble. Jus' followin' orders we wuz."


Calming the animals - the horse whisperer 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

"Easy boys, the big bad snake is dead."


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Tityanna's eyebrow raises at the bandit's mournful apology. There she stood, pierced, and Kam's demeanor had shocked them into a confession. Lordship... Tityanna fairly seethed at the title. She was injured, and upset besides, the poorest of conditions to be conducting oneself as though a representative for a group. The very thought calmed her significantly, and she pushed aside her anger.

Tityanna takes a deep breath and centers herself before speaking. "Taking orders from whom?" she inquires. "For how long have you been expecting a party at this forge?"

Tityanna untrained Diplomacy (gather information) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 1

Stephanus wanders over to the ruined serpent carcass and takes it by the tip of its tail, trying its weight. If he can manage it, he pulls the monster off to the side of the road. Once he has the creature there, he moves up to the head of the beast and hacks off part of its upper jaw with his rapier. He frees one of the fangs, then scoops it into a rag taken from one of the wagons and sticks it in his pocket.

His sample collected, Stephanus comes over to listen to Tityanna's line of questions.


Warren is somewhat curious about the serpent.

"Do you think this serpent is edible?"

Knowledge nature 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Male Human Ranger

All things can be edible, if in the right stew, as my mother would say. Glancing at the prisoners, grinning slyly, checking the edge of his dagger, Why my mother even said in far off Mwangi, some folks would like as eat these curs. Spitting, and making a show for not being allowed to finish them, Course, better they're dead, then who's to care what happens to their carcasses. Turning to go, winking to Tityanna, he kickes the unconcious bandit with an over exaggerated, "vicious" blow, and heads off to check on the wounded horse. Just so long as their dead says I, he calls over his shoulder.

Checks:
DM's Choice: Bluff the feinted kick 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 or Unarmed strike, to kick beneath the bandit, 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23, nonlethal damage if Kams actually strikes the bandit by mistake, 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Continued Intimidation, to loosen tongues for the others' questioning, 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Tityanna's last good cop/bad cop session with bandits consisted of the party paladin breaking their teeth and making them wet themselves.

Tityanna, concentrated on her task through a great deal of pain takes quite some moments to process Kam's violent behavior, and the telling wink he offered before he departed. Ah, a display for my benefit, she recognizes finally. Still, we must needs have a discussion concerning ethics...

She did not dare look back to the wagons, and Stephanus, or Thad. Given her condition, that would only suggest that she were weak... er than she appeared with an arrow lodged in her flesh. The absurdity did not escape Tityanna, but she was a woman who devoted herself to defense of her community, and the children... should not be involved in disputes that were beyond their comprehension.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The man who spoke before answers Tityanna's question with a nod of the head toward the sleeping leader, "Well, Happs, there was in charge while we watched over da ford. But you're probably looking for Kressle. She's back at our main camp."

Shrugging his shoulders as best he can, "Don't know how long da others might 'ave known. I didn't know nuffin, I swear it. Rather than an easy pickup at Oleg's we was told to head up here, block the river and stop anyone who tried to cross."

As Kams and Warren banter about the serpent's potential culinary possibilities the bandit's face takes on a pale palor that only increases when Kams attempt to fake a kick actually results in a solid blow against the already unconscious bandit.

Stephanus struggles to slowly slide the large carcass off the road, but eventually moves it enough so the wagons can pass by safely.

Aside from a few bumps and bruises all of the children appear to be safe and unharmed. With a curious eye Sari Meyerson, wanders over and watches as Stephanus extracts a serpent fang. Smelling the stench from the creatures insides as she pokes her head closer she wretches a bit and steps back with a loud "Eeeewwww!"

Recovering quickly she looks at Stephanus' souvenir and asks, "What're you going to do with it? Make a necklace or a charm against giant serpents? Could I have one? My friend Jora would be soooo jealous if I showed her a giant snake fang. Can you get me one to...pleeeaaaase?" She ends with a bright sparkling smile full of little girl cuteness.


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Happs, and Kressle? She? A female. And a main camp? She could not discern if they were willfully ignorant, or were being kept in the dark by their superiors. The difference between the two, she hoped, could be appreciated.

Tityanna makes a fist with the fingers of her afflicted arm, still alive she grimaces, feeling the pain roll up her spine. "And if you were free to choose?" Tityanna asks the conscious bandit, choosing her words carefully. She did not wish to give the impression that she might free him, not without discussing their fate with her companions.


Elf Paladin 2

After dispatching the serpent, Thad notes that the wagon is being attended to and the children are being taken care of then rides to Tityanna and the bandits. After hearing what the conscious captive had to say he dismounts and and walks over to the sleeping bandit.

He rouses the man, Thad's sword still unsheathed and covered in the serpent's gore. He speaks softly, his voice unlikely to carry more than 10 feet or so. "Happs, is it? You and your men have a lot to answer for, and what you say in the next few minutes will determine whether you end up hanging from that tree or walking out of here. I'm a worldly fellow- I can understand how a man can get tired of being cold and wet and poor and want to do something about it. Trade goods and livestock are one thing, but you cross a line when you attack families. Children." The arrow-and-antlers symbol on Thad's shield is impossible to miss. "Tell me everything about why you attacked us and the location and layout of your main camp.

Thad digs for details about the number of men, their stores and armament, the camps defenses, and any other information he can get.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Warren walks up to the prisoners.
"I live among the animals and the wild. I do not follow civilized rules. Answer questions or we will 'talk' later."
Warren is above using his hands to put quotes around the word talk, he allows an icy stare and his wild hair to make his point.

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 1

Stephanus smiles reassuringly at Sari and looks over at Fulton for approval or disapproval of his daughter's request.

"I will collect them both, but your receiving one is clearly up to your father. I intend to use the fang to learn something of the monster itself. Like if its bite delivers poison, for instance."

"Less a souvenir than a sample."

He smiles more broadly, waiting for the little girl to bob her head that she's following. Seeing no prospect of this, he tries again, plying his blade to the other upper mandible of the creature as he speaks.

"Think of it as a measure of how big this snake may be compared to others of its kind. I'll sketch its likeness tonight, along with notes on its color, its manner of movement, the placement of its fins, etcetera."

One more exertion and a second bloody fang is scooped up into the rag.

"Let me talk to your father about the fang, and if he agrees, I promise it's yours."


Answering Tityanna's question the skinny bandit says, "If'in I had a choice miss, I'd surely turn to the straight an' narrow. But it's not as if there's any other way to live in these parts. Either you're one of them's that's on the side of 'is Lordship or you're one of 'is victims."


The former leader of the rabble, gradually comes out of his magically induced sleep. After a few seconds of startled struggling he realizes the situation and his shoulders slump in defeat as Thad begins his questioning. At first the man just stares at the ground ignoring both Thad and Warren. Finally, he raises his eyes to look directly at the paladin and it is easy to see the lost, defeated look of a man expecting death.

Speaking in a dry raspy voice he says, "You're threats don't mean much out here elf. I did what I was told to do and I failed. Even worse, I've lived to talk about it. I'm already a dead man, so why don't you just get outta my face and end it quick, eh?"

Listening to the man's short speech, Thad can easily sense the bandit leaders defeated attitude and overwhelming fear. Yet, strangely that fear doesn't seem to be directed at his current captors. Instead it is focused on some other source. As he talks, it's easy to see the sweat starting to breakout on his forehead, and just after he finishes speaking, he grimaces in pain.


Sari watches and listens as Stephanus removes the second fang and tries to explain his reasons for studying the creature.

At the mention of poison and other drawings her eyes light up and she says, "Do you really think it could be poisonous? Like one of those big spiders or striped snakes we used to always find in the marshes behind the millers hut? What kind of poison do you think it has? One that makes you stiff as a board." She stops and freezes in place for a second, tongue sticking out to the side of her mouth.

"Or one that melts your insides." She runs her hands across and down her body while making a big shwooshing sound and then looks up with a big smile.

Looking at the extracted fang she says, "I'm sure my father wouldn't mind, so could I just hold onto it while you go ask him? Hmmmm? Please?"


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Tityanna bites down hard on an expression of pain as her fingers tighten into a fist again. "Spare me your excuses," she says, her tone clipped. "As you banded together to prey upon others, you could not fail to note how your fraternity lent you an advantage," she opines, "and had you a single thought that delaying travelers and laying in wait to attack them was wrong, you could have employed your combined strength against your officer."

Tityanna allows herself to look to where Thad and Warren are progressing with Happs, then finally towards the caravan. "Count yourself blessed that it is in my nature to be kind," she informs the bandit finally, and releases several pained sounds as she must use her arms to provide the somatic components for the spell Message. Finding no fellow mercenary unoccupied, Tityanna designates Ursula as the target of the spell.

Ursula, Perception DC 25:

"Mistress, if you would be so kind as to send one of our strapping men to relieve me of my burden, I would be indebted to you."


"Where is Kressle and this main camp?" Warren speaks in a calm tone.
He carefully examines the edge of his scimitar to make sure it is sharp.

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 1

Stephanus laughs at the girl's performance, but still shakes his head in the negative.

"Probably the kind that paralyzes you, making you a lump of meat for the beast to swallow whole." He watches the girl closely as he says this, ready to temper his statement if she looks like she's about to freak.

He holds the bloody rag out for examination, but maintains enough distance to pull it back should she reach for it.

"It's an ugly mess right now anyway. And possibly harboring the remnant of a toxin. Let me clean it up... and myself as well, and we'll examine them together if you're interested."


Receiving Tityanna's message, Ursula, whose still bandaging a few minor cuts and scrapes among the Meyerson's younger children, looks around for Donal. Seeing the big man already making his way toward Tityanna, she nods her head with satisfaction and finishes her work on the children before seeing to any of the other wounds.


Stepping up to Tityanna with a look of concern and stubbornness on his face he pulls out a clean cloth and carefully places it around the shaft and wound. With a look and tone of not taking no for an answer he says, "The children are all safe and well. Now it's time for you to sit and let someone look at that shoulder." Looking at Kams, Warren and Thad, he continues, "I think these fine lads can finish dealing with those scoundrels."

Seeing how much pain she's in he nods to himself and being extremely careful of her wounded arm, picks Tityanna up in a single easy motion and carries her over to his wagon. Once there he gently puts her down on a couple of folded blankets and grabs a good sized silver flask. Handing it to Tityanna, he says, "You might want to take a good swallow or two of that before our good healer arrives. It'll help deal with the pain. Especially when she removes the shaft."

Resting his hand lightly on hers his whole demeanor becomes a bit more gentle and even slightly shy as he says softly, "That was bravely done. It was certain you changed the tide of that ambush. But by the gods hairy backsides my heart nearly stopped when that arrow spun you around."


Disappointed that her tactic doesn't work on Stephanus, Sari accepts that she'll have to wait and eagerly nods at the possibility of working with the bard to take a closer look at the souvenirs. "Ohh, yes! I'd love to. Can we do it now?"

Looking at the bards mud and blood covered clothes the girl shrugs and says, "You're not such a mess, I've been a lot worse just on this trip alone."

It's at this point that her older sister steps over and takes Sari by the hand, "Common you, give the man some peace. Mother wants mistress Leveton to take a look to make sure you aren't hurt."

Putting out her bottom lip Sari lets out a simple, "Awwwww. I'm fine. Just scraped my elbow a bit." She flashes her scraped arm up into her sisters face. "See. It isn't anything."

Rolling her eyes, Alexis says, "Nevermind what you think. Master Dominova said he wanted to wash up and you're to see the healer. So enough or I'll get mother."

"Oh alright." replies Sari quietly. But not more than a few seconds goes by before she brightens again and says to Stephanus, "How about after dinner tonight? Can we look at the fangs then?"


The hawk-nosed bandit speaks up as he sees Warren and Thad attempting to question Happs. "You won't get nuthin' outta him sirs. He's not allowed to talk on account'a the dark devil will get 'im."

"Now me on the nuther hand. I could tell ya what you want to know, if'n you're willin' to see me treated fair."


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Tityanna colors and hides her face against Donal's chest when he carries her. So much for appearing hard in front of our enemies she muses, but hasn't the energy to argue with the smith. She takes the flask he offers her, but just retains it in her hand, shaking her head.

"I keep clean clothes in Puck's saddlebags," she informs him. "If you'll fetch a vest for me to put between my teeth when this comes out, I will drink after," she offers.

Tityanna smiles sadly. "Ranger training as a girl," she excuses herself. "Learned the efficiency of a bow, and not to drink before a great shock."


"Tell us what you know and you will be treated fairly. We have a paladin with us, they have a strict code. You can start with the dark devil."
Warren puts his scimitar away and gets out some trail rations. "Are you hungry or thirsy? You realize there are women and children in this group."


Elf Paladin 2
Quote:
"You're threats don't mean much out here elf. I did what I was told to do and I failed. Even worse, I've lived to talk about it. I'm already a dead man, so why don't you just get outta my face and end it quick, eh?"

"I would not be in such a rush to the grave, if I were you. Do you think Pharasma's judgment will be any kinder than my own?" Thad looks to the other man when he speaks up about the 'dark devil' and considers... the others had mentioned a compulsion on the wolf who lead pack- acting on impulse, Thad looks the bandit leader over for the presence of evil auras or a necklace like the one that bound the wolf. If he finds one, he removes it from the man.

If not, he speaks to the other bandit, "Aye, you have my word. Assist us and you'll not get the noose."


Male Human Ranger

Kams spends his time checking over the wounded horse, hoping to save it before the shock and damage make killing it a mercy. He deliberately avoids spending any moments watching the scene of the others with the bandits. Seeing he'll get no help from the others, Yori, quick, come lend a hand. WE need you. Glancing to the bandits, Should end them all, one by one. Single combat if honor needs be served. I'd gladly put my blade to the test. By Erastil, it's more than my sister and how many others have received before the bloody blades of these curs, or countless others like them.

Heal Check to save the horse 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Thanks be to Erastil, he whispers to the beast, and the heavens, there may yet be hope.


Grabbing the cloth from Tityanna's saddlebags and a thick piece of leather from his own stores, Donal returns just as Ursula and Duella arrive to treat the wound.

The merchant's widow examines the wound gently and professionally, only moving the shaft a little to see how badly embedded in the flesh it is. Yet, even that amount of movement sends spears of pain shooting through Tityanna's arm and shoulder.

Nodding to herself thoughtfully the former healer's aid says, "It should come out easily enough. Fortunately it wasn't a barbed head or other nasty surprise."

She reaches over and plucks a small flask from those among her kit and hands it to Tityanna saying, "Take two good swallows of this. Not more than that. It will help relieve the pain." Seeing the other flask in Tityanna's hand she adds with a smile, "Don't worry this is a herbal agent of my own making. It won't make the pain go away entirely, but will reduce it a little."

She then starts gathering additional bandages and a few other jars and ointments while waiting for the mild pain reliever to take effect.

After another minute or so she gives Donal a meaningful look. Picking up the cue, he hands the leather to Tityanna and places his big hands gently but firmly on Tityanna's shoulders while Duella steps up and and grabs her feet. Then with little time for the mage to react, Ursula grabs the shaft and gives it a hard tug.


The bandit gives Warren a puzzled look for a second and then shrugs his shoulders, "Aye, a stiff belt would sooth a parched throat. As to 'da devil. I don't know much. Jus' that 'apps there is a dead man on accounts he took the oath in order to be a big shot. Course instead 'a being a mucky-muck he's really just Kressle's toady an occasional sack mate."


Thad:
As you focus on the bandit leader you sense a general level of evil typical from men of this nature, but then you are nearly staggered by an evil presence hidden under the man's shirt in the form of a charm hanging from his neck. Although you can't see the charm under the shirt, you sense its shape as being that of a small hand formed of tiny bones. Judging from where it's sitting it is right over the man's heart and appears to be moving...or burrowing.

As the paladin moves closer to the bandit leader calling upon his god for guidance and insight, the bandit leader, Happs, let's loose with a terrible scream and falls flat on his back breathing rapid, shallow breaths. All he manages to say is, "No! No! I haven't said anything...I've not betrayed....Ahhhhh!"


At Kams' call Yori rushes over and eagerly offers assistance as Kams successfully cleans and covers the wound on the horse. Judging from the initial assessment, the creature should live, but it'll be unable to pull in the team for several days. Realizing this Yori frowns and says, "That'll leave us a horse short since Socks is still recovering as well. Dad'll only be able to use two horses to pull the wagon. I hope we're not far from Oleg's because that'll slow us down a bit."


Elf Paladin 2

Thad acts with all possible speed to remove the necklace, using his belt knife to cut the man's shirt if necessary.

Let me know if I need a roll of some sort. Perhaps a steal check?


Slicing through the man's shirt, Thad reveals a fiendish site. A charm, is made up of several tiny bones to make a roughly child sized human hand. In fact, it could possibly be a child's hand.

The skeletal fingers are busily burrowing into the struggling bandit leader's chest directly over his heart. Blood flows freely as vile magic continues to work its grisly task and in mere moments it will have reached it's goal.

Struggling through an aura of evil, Thad reaches out and grabs the charm in an attempt to pull it off of the dying man, as he does so a nasty tingle starts to flow up his arm.

Thad:
Thad - Will Save (DC15)


Elf Paladin 2

@GM:
Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Potential modifiers: +2 vs enchantment, +3 for smite evil


The bandit leader's eyes bulge as his body arches and limbs strain against the pain and his bonds. Nothing but gibberish and screams emanate from his lips.

Black energy coils up Thad's arm from the charm as it senses his initial attempt to pull it free. For a moment paladin and instrument of evil struggle for dominance, then Thad let's out a sharp grunt of pain as the blackness begins to seep into his hand.

Thad:
Damage from charm 1d4 ⇒ 4
You may continue to try to remove the object. If you don't remove your hand you can keep your +3 for smite evil. This a Necromantic effect so the Enchantment bonus doesn't apply.


Elf Paladin 2

By the Stag's hairy arse!

For a moment, Thad considers dropping his hand and leaving the bandit to his grizzly fate. It sounded like the man had brought this on himself, and by all rights he'd hang before the day was out anyway... but no one deserved to die like this.

He fight's against the charm's dark power, grits his teeth, and tries again to pull the necklace free.

Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Female Human Sorceress (Fey) 1/ Oracle (Life) 1

Tityanna inhales sharply and bites down hard on the gag as Ursula reaches for the shaft again, then screws her eyes shut when Donal holds her down. It is not consciousness of the children that keeps her from crying out, but the overwhelming pain. She sighs and lays back after the arrow has been removed, but is far from limp, instead remains as tense as the supports beneath her. After removing the gag, she opens the flask that Donal gave her and drinks from it, then passes it to him with eyes heavily lidded with pain.

"If you will be so kind as to allow me to rest a while, I will consider an alternative strategy for disposing of ranged combatants," she believes she says, but finds her voice and coordination lacking.

451 to 500 of 2,736 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM - Tareth's Modified Kingmaker Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.