Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Talomyr's Council of Thieves (Inactive)

Game Master Talomyr

A resistance rises in order to stop injustices in the former Chelish capitol, Westcrown.


401 to 450 of 3,462 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Addie sleeps as best she can, His Lordship curled upon her chest. Well before dawn she awakens and spends an hour simply staring into the cat's eyes. At the end of the hour, she gathers up her gear and readies to leave the shrine with the others.

Prepared Daze, Guidance, Prestidigitation, Mage Armor, and Sleep. When everyone gets to the ambush site, Addie will use Prestidigitation to change the colors of their clothing to help them blend into the forest (i.e., camouflage) - she will do the same for their skin color to help disguise their features (and maybe give a bonus to Stealth?). Depending on how much advance warning the lookout(s) can give, once she is aware that the Hellknights are approaching she will cast Mage Armor on herself (giving her AC 15) and then Guidance on Cadwyn, Kevorin, Wart, Valeron, and herself, in that order (she knows that Morghrim also knows Guidance, so will not cast it on him).

Cheliax

After laying down for the night plenty early, you are awakened by Janiven during what most would call the middle of the night. Stars still shine in the night sky as you and Janiven make your way through the city heading for Rego Cader, where the gates are not watched as closely.

Another group that was to be a distraction left earlier.

Perception DC15:

Spoiler:
You see what appears to be a blob of tentacle and shadow pacing you off to your left - Distance = ~20ft.[/ooc]

Perception DC18:

Spoiler:
You see another blob of tentacle and shadow pacing you off to your left - Distance = ~35ft.[/ooc]

Perception DC22:

Spoiler:
You see what appears a third blob of tentacle and shadow to your right - Distance = ~40ft.[/ooc]


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Perception Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

EDIT:

"Hssst! Do you see that?!" Addie whispers to her companions, trying not to alert the creatures pacing the party. "Those blobs of tentacles and shadows - to the left about 20 to 35 feet!" she warns.

The young witch readies to light a sunrod, hoping the light from the alchemical item will help to keep the shadowy creatures at bay if they approach any closer to the group.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

OOC:
Shadow Beasts? Are we carrying halorens to keep them at bay?


Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

One more request: Bandana's to cover the face for the group.

Wart sleeps soundly, snoring slightly. He wakes as refreshed as can be, and takes a moment to prepare some alchemical concoctions: Extracts: 1x Cure Light Wounds, 1x Disguise Self, 1x Jump, 1x Expeditious retreat (4 mins). Mutagen: Brew a Dexterity Mutagen (1 HR). Bombs:Mixing 4 (unknown)

- * & * -
Seeing Black Addie point, and then noticing it himself, Wart looks to the group to gauge what his reaction should be, beyond his natural inclination of *fear!* and *RUN AWAY!*


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Morghrim has 4 sets of caltrops himself but is happy to let the rebel's provide. Before leaving, Morghrim would have requested a robe or bulky clothes as previously discussed, to hide the armour. He refuses to wear a bandanna however.

Perception Roll- 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Ware the flank...Morghrim mutters, drawing his glaive and crouching into a battle stance,

The foul things are trying to flank us... Two over there, and one over here.

Any applicable knowledge checks; what does Morghrim know? Particularly concerning their abilities and weaknesses, as per Monster Lore

Planes- 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Religion- 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Damn what a beautiful set of rolls. Combat will go badly for me now lol.

Cheliax

Valeron:
You do not currently have a light source lit, not wanting to draw any undue attention from the Dottari. There is a strict curfew in Westcrown and it would not be wise to be caught out after curfew.

Morghrim:
You know that these are shadowbeasts, shadowgarms in particular. Shadowgarms are the weakest of the shadowbeasts that plague Westcrown, but still can be difficult for the inexperienced to deal with. They don't like light at all, but if they are in shadow have concealment. If given the opportunity, the beasts will attack and grap with their three tentacles.

As the creatures move closer in towards the group, Addie lights a sunrod, halting the advancement of the shadowbeasts.

Ok, the shadowbeasts are 20ft away from you, but not advancing. You currently have a light source that keeps them at bay, but may alert the Dottari patroling the lit major pathways. Your move...what do you want to do? Attack the beasts? Dim the light? Keep moving for Rego Cader? Something else entirely? Let me know.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

"Will they stay at bay if we attack them? We can't leave that light on for long."

Kevorin readies his crossbow and points it at the nearest shadow creature.

Cheliax

As a side note, I will post Janiven's reaction after I hear from most of you as to what you want to do. You guys are the stars of this one, so I don't want anything Janiven does to influence how you all choose to play this out. ;)


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

We can't afford to be seen with lights on... time to clean up the streets everyone; let's start doing our bit for Westcrown!

While the light source keeps them at bay, Morghrim quickly cast's Guidance and Shield of Faith, and waits to let everyone else make their preparations, then finally casts Light on his glaive; then charges at the two Shadow beasts, slashing at one of them with his Glaive.

Initiative
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Charge Attack(expending Guidance)

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

As there will be no shadow when I get into melee with the creatures, no concealment chance I believe.

DM Talomyr:
AC is currently 21, Touch AC is currently 15 (no buckler out).

Hoping to charge to a position where I threaten both shadow's.

Sorry all if i'm forcing an encounter, but Morghrim is an Inquisitor; it's practically his calling to destroy monsters like these. In the time when hes casting Guidance you have a chance to persuade him to a different course of action if you wish.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Seeing Morghrim preparing to attack in melee, Kev puts his crossbow away and prepares his ax. He will attempt to tumble to a flanking position with the Inquisitor.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Acrobatics check to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Attack roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 +2 more if he gets flanking And it begins again...


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

AOO roll for this round (ten feet reach, hoping they are medium sized)
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Human Fighter 1

I'm so sorry about the slow posting. Work is absolutely gobbling up my time, and my band has been in the studio for a couple evenings and will be tonight and tomorrow as well. It's been a wild week, but I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things by late tomorrow evening. Thanks for your patience, guys, and don't think I'm quitting! Just have a ton of real life things annihilating my free time as of late. Feel free to take actions for Cadwyn!

Cheliax

Initiative Rolls:
Cadwyn = 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Addie = 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Wart = 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Valeron = 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Janiven = 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Shadowbeasts = 21
Kevorin = 16
Morghrim = 3

So the Initiative Order is:
Janiven = 25
Shadowbeasts = 21
Kevorin = 16
Cadwyn = 15
Wart = 13
Addie = 6
Valeron = 5
Morghrim = 3

Here's a Map.

Janiven swings wide, missing one of the beasts. The beast sends what looks to be at least three tendrils at Janiven, stiking her once. Kevorin moves into position and awaits Morghrim.

Cadwyn moves to attack another Shadowbeast, stabbing the creature with his rapier.
Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Wart, Addie, and Valeron are up...I have Morghrim's action.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Whoa.. 31 initiative... I guess i'm not actually initiating the combat, despite my post lol. Initiative 3 says no :P

Im off for the night, feel free to take my actions and be aware I have Shield of Faith up. Don't use my judgement though, Morghrim's saving it for the battle with the Hellknights.

Cheliax

Morghrim Maestros wrote:
Whoa.. 31 initiative... I guess i'm not actually initiating the combat, despite my post lol. Initiative 3 says no :P

Yeah, I messed up on that one...still a 25 though.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Valeron, Round 1

"Hold on there, m'lady" Valeron calls out, albeit quietly at this hour as he rushes up to join Janiven.

Actions and Rolls:

First. Single move to I9.

I'll Sense Motive to see how "powerful" these creatures are... I'm not sure if we should be squaring off with CR5 beasties.

Then a Knowledge check to identify what they are exactly, or identify what we'll need to fight them properly. (normal shadows are undead, so rolling Know Religion).

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

If they are indeed undead, I'll channel positive energy from I9, hitting the ones in G7 and L10. 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 - no channel resistance.

If they aren't undead, I'll move up to H6 with a double-move, shield out, to assist Janiven.


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

OOOOO! Now THAT is a cool map!

"Well, here I am, a glowing beacon for the Dottari patrols!" Addie thinks to herself as she raises the sunrod aloft. Yet, realizing that she holds the only light source, and that to move from her position to aid one set of combatants would place the others in darkness, Addie maintains her position in the center of the street in an attempt to provide illumination for her companions. However, before Valeron can run off to attack the creatures, Addie whispers a mystic phrase and touches the priest, imbuing him with a bit of the favor of The Gentleman.

Hold position at I-12. Cast Guidance on Valeron, imbuing him with a +1 competence bonus on a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill check; lasts 1 minute or until discharged.

Cheliax

Valeron Legis wrote:

Valeron, Round 1

"Hold on there, m'lady" Valeron calls out, albeit quietly at this hour as he rushes up to join Janiven.

** spoiler omitted **

The creatures are not undead.

Cheliax

Valeron moves up to aid Janiven and Morghrim steps up to lay a fierce hit on the shadowbeast, but still does not end its life.

Meanwhile, Janiven slashes at the beast in front of her, severing one of the beast tentacles.

Waiting on a round 1 action from Wart before moving on to the rest of Round 2


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Round 2:
Kevorin attacks the shadowbeast he's flanking again.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 = 25 Finally!!!!
Damage: 1d12 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 6 + (4) = 21

Kev lets out a growl of victory and satisfaction as his ax blade finally meets with evil flesh. If that kills the beast, he moves to help Janiven.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1
DM Talomyr wrote:
The creatures are not undead.

What Knowledge check helps here? Arcana? Planes?

Cheliax

Valeron Legis wrote:
DM Talomyr wrote:
The creatures are not undead.
What Knowledge check helps here? Arcana? Planes?

Planes or Dungeoneering


Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

Wart looks up as the shadowbeasts converge on the group from multiple sides. He notices the reaction they have from the sunrod held by Black Addie.

Wart bends his wrist, causing a hidden dagger to slide into his hand as he moves to help Cadwyn.

Actions and Dice Rolls:
  • First, a Knowledge check to identify the beasties: Knowledge(untrained) Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
  • Move Action: Draw Dagger; Move Action: Move to G16 to assist Cadwyn.
  • Next intended action: Move to E15 to flank the creature, with Acrobatics check to avoid AoO. Aid another attack vs shadowbeast alternating with increasing his attack roll and then increasing his AC, starting with attack.
  • Acrobatics check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
  • Aid Another Attack to increase Cadwyn's attack (round 2): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
  • Aid Another Attack to increase Cadwyn's defense (round 3): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
  • If Cadwyn rocks this things world, Wart will move back to Black Addie, and volunteer to be the halfling torch-bearer...*face-palm*

Cheliax

Wart moves to aid Cadwyn in his battle with a shadowbeast. The shadowbeasts then lash out at their opponents (Janiven, Morghrim, and Cadwyn). One tentacle finds its mark across Janiven's chest, but Morghrim and Cadwyn easily dodge the clumsy strikes of the shadowbeasts.

Kevorin steps up to follow the shadowbeast that moved to attack Morghrim and sinks his greataxe deep into the creature's back, letting out all of his frustrations from earlier into the hapless creature.

Cadwyn delays ever so slightly allowing Wart to provide a distraction to the beast, then stabs at the beast with his rapier and slashing with his shortsword, ending the creature's life.

New Initiative Order:
Janiven = 25
Shadowbeasts = 21
Kevorin = 16
Wart = 13
Cadwyn = 12
Addie = 6
Valeron = 5
Morghrim = 3

Addie, Valeron, and Morghrim are up!


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Valeron, round 2

Holding his shield towards the beast, Valeron moves dangerously through the creature's reach, attempting to taunt it away from Janiven.

"Here... here..." he calls, although he highly doubts the creature understands his words.

Once he has it's attention, he circles around behind it and swings, his longsword glimmering with the infusion of Addie's magic.

Although, it seems if Valeron's attention is more focused on taunting the creature, than landing a proper strike - he almost drops his longsword in his zeal to distract it.

Rolls:

Move action to F7, provoking AOO. AC 17.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 (with +2 flank, +1 guidance)
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Grrr... not sure if we use fumbles, confirming fumble if so:

Fumble Confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Now I roll well!


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Seeing the creature in front of him go down between his and Kevorins mighty blows, Morghrim grins at the big half-orc.

Told ye we'd be happy to have ye along yer big lummox!

Charging into melee, securing a flank if possible.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Cheliax

Valeron moves into position, drawing a swipe of a tentacle from the beast, but the beast misses. Unfortunately, Valeron misses too.

Addie stows the sunrod, as to not draw the Dottari, relying on the light spell Morghrim cast upon his glaive.

Morghrim determinedly charges at the last remaining shadowbeast and plunges his glaive deep into the creature's back, ending the threat.

Well that was impressive. I figured that battle would go a little longer than that. 260 XP each.

You move as quickly and quietly through the street of Westcrown you reach Rego Cader. Once in Rego Cader, the threat of Dottari patrols is significantly less, so having a light source is not detrimental.

You travel through the northern ruins of the city and out the broken city wall, arriving at the bridge that crosses the Sedna River.

Here is a MAP of the ambush site. Let me know where you want to set up. NOTE: the Sand/Rock and River areas are considered rough terrain (1/2 movement, no charge through) and the Deep River sections will require as swim check DC12.

SECOND NOTE: The Rebels that are on the map already are your allies.(i.e. other Westcrown Rebels).


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Morghrim surveys the ambush site with an expert eye for tactics. He ensures caltrops are scattered in squares H10-K10 to ruin any attempt to push onwards with the horses, and any remaining caltrops can be used to protect the rebel's position at the edge of the forest.

Hmm... if the rebel's are firing from there, i'm thinking we should hide by the south side of the bridge, so we're more likely to not get tangled up in a large scale fight on the north side.

Let's position ourselves on the south side, and open the battle with a volley of missile fire. Charging in will be difficult due to this terrain, and they are likely to react to us before we get the drop on them; so crossbow fire and spells are how I believe we should proceed.

Is that map to scale with 5 feet to a square etc.?

When the lookout reports that the foe are near, Morghrim will cast Shield of Faith once more, followed by Guidance.

When they are halfway across the bridge Janiven, I suggest that will be the best time for your allies to open fire; we'll catch them in the middle between a caltrop trap and our own party so they will struggle to get away.

Cheliax

Morghrim Maestros wrote:

Is that map to scale with 5 feet to a square etc.?

That is correct, 1 square = 5ft. What square do you want Morghrim to start in?

Once I have placements for everyone, (I'll let you guys place Janiven), I let the Hellknights show up.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

L17, i'm assuming the bridge has... a banister/railing (wrong word I know, can't think of what i'm trying to say) which rises up over the water, so if i'm crouched they won't have line of sight on me as they pass. Effectively I want to be hidden behind that spot, but be able to rear up and take a shot at someone.

Cheliax

Morghrim Maestros wrote:
L17, i'm assuming the bridge has... a banister/railing (wrong word I know, can't think of what i'm trying to say) which rises up over the water, so if i'm crouched they won't have line of sight on me as they pass. Effectively I want to be hidden behind that spot, but be able to rear up and take a shot at someone.

Correct there are guardrails and moorings for the bridge, and are impassable from where you are, but do provide cover and a +5 circumstance bonus to stealth. (i.e. you'll have to go around) to get up on the rail from the bridge surface is a DC 5 Climb check


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Stealth Check (includes circumstance bonus and armour check penalty)-

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Morghrim has his buckler strapped on and his heavy crossbow loaded. AC 22 once SOF has been cast, Touch AC 15.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

If there are enough shadows to hide in at F18, he'll hide there, otherwise he'll hide at G17.

Stalth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Cheliax

Kevorin wrote:

If there are enough shadows to hide in at F18, he'll hide there, otherwise he'll hide at G17.

Stalth: 1d20+4

Morning through mid-day there should be enough shadow at F18 for to hide there.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Valeron crouches low, pulling up his bandana, trying to hide himself from the view of any approaching Hellknights.

Hearing word of their approach down the road, he calls forth for a blessing of Iomedae to provide them valor in combat.

Battle Prep:

G17 I suppose is the best bet since I'm slower than most of the others, in case the caravan stops early - before the bridge.

I'll load a bolt in my crossbow, and have it against the bridge in case they stop early.

When we have sight of the caravan, I'll cast Bless on the group, then Magic Weapon on Kev's axe.

Hope that helps the half-orc do some serious connecting!


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1
Valeron Legis wrote:

Valeron crouches low, pulling up his bandana, trying to hide himself from the view of any approaching Hellknights.

Hearing word of their approach down the road, he calls forth for a blessing of Iomedae to provide them valor in combat.

** spoiler omitted **

"Hey! Get off my head!! Go find your own spot!!!" Kevorin grumbles about clerics with no perception bonus to speak or, then realizes it probably means that he's gotten himself really well hidden.

Talomyr...is there enough of a slope down from the road or undergrowth to provide screening for Kevorin that he might be able to sneak around behind the convoy and take it from the rear?

Cheliax

Kevorin wrote:
Talomyr...is there enough of a slope down from the road or undergrowth to provide screening for Kevorin that he might be able to sneak around behind the convoy and take it from the rear?

Possibly, but it gonnna take a pretty good stealth check to make it work.

Kevorin wrote:
"Hey! Get off my head!! Go find your own spot!!!" Kevorin grumbles about clerics with no perception bonus to speak or, then realizes it probably means that he's gotten himself really well hidden.

Sorry that was my fault I had you in G18 (which will work for what you are trying to do.


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

As the companions take their positions for the ambush, Addie touches each of them and herself, casting Prestidigitation to change the color of their clothing and skin to blend with their hiding places (not sure if this would grant any type of bonus to Stealth, but it should help to disguise their features from any Hellknight witnesses, at least). Then she hunkers down in her hiding spot, His Lordship by her side (and none too happy for being so close to water!) and waits for the lookout's signal.

Addie hides in square G17 (Stealth: 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 5 = 23). Depending on how much advance warning the lookout(s) can give, once she is aware that the Hellknights are approaching she will cast Mage Armor on herself (giving her AC 15) and then Guidance on Kevorin, Valeron, and herself, in that order.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1
Black Addie wrote:

As the companions take their positions for the ambush, Addie touches each of them and herself, casting Prestidigitation to change the color of their clothing and skin to blend with their hiding places (not sure if this would grant any type of bonus to Stealth, but it should help to disguise their features from any Hellknight witnesses, at least). Then she hunkers down in her hiding spot, His Lordship by her side (and none too happy for being so close to water!) and waits for the lookout's signal.

Addie hides in square G17 (Stealth: 1d20 + 4 + 5). Depending on how much advance warning the lookout(s) can give, once she is aware that the Hellknights are approaching she will cast Mage Armor on herself (giving her AC 15) and then Guidance on Kevorin, Valeron, and herself, in that order.

Good grief, there's a veritable orgy going on in G17!! Kevorin is fine with G18, by the way.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Hey party on the hidden half-orc!

I was about to post about moving to F17, but I see _something_ is happening in our map currently. GULP! 10 hellknights + boss GULP!

And if we can get 3 rounds of buffs, I'd add a Virtue to myself as the first spell I cast. If not, no problem.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

I'm pretty certain we'll get at least three rounds, we'd see them coming long before they got to the bridge.


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Almost forgot: After settling down in her hiding place, Addie uses her Harrowed feat for the day. Suit drawn: 1d6 ⇒ 6 (Attribute: Charisma); card drawn: 1d9 ⇒ 7 (The Tyrant: Indicates a ruler who is a blight upon those ruled. Whoever this person is, he does harm to those over whom he holds sway.)

Addie frowns worriedly when she sees the card, then carefully places it back in the pouch with the rest of the deck and stows the pouch in her pocketed scarf.

Cheliax

No one said this was going to be easy ;)

As the prison carriage approaches, with its escort you notice what appears to be a very large crossbow (scorpion) mounted on top of the wagon.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1
DM Talomyr wrote:
As the prison carriage approaches, with its escort you notice what appears to be a very large crossbow (scorpion) mounted on top of the wagon.

Upon seeing the caravan approach at a distance, Valeron mutters to Kevorin, "oh great, they have a ballista."


Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

Flood at work meant time went from moving to dealing with this shennanigans for 18 hours now...and counting...

Wart moves to his position near the bridge, and does what most halflings do in these types of environments....seems to look everywhere but at where he is actually looking, and goes about, picking rubbish on the side of the road.

OOC & Rolls:
  • I would actually like to be near L21 on the map, to maintain image of picking up roadside trash.
  • I would like to place some of the acid flasks in hiding near me so that they are within easy grasp. Also, I would like to disguise myself such that all the armor and what not I am wearing is hidden in an unassuming way.
  • Disguise check to make me look like your average road cleanup slave: Taking 10 results in a final "roll" of 12
  • Sleight of Hand check to hide the acid flasks: Taking 10 as I should have time to check it out and perfect it: results in final "roll" of 16


Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

DM Talomyr:
I won;t be able to post often this morning, so I was wondering if I could lay out a general course of action, and you could help me out if you need to push the story along. Wick would give the signal, then huck both the acid containers at a single wheel. Once general combat is joined, he would try to be stealthy and get up to the ballista and take it out somehow...probably with a combination of bombs. Wart would also soften up the hellknights on top of the carriage with a bomb or two first also. Thank you so much for your patience.

Cheliax

Wart wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

That would be fine.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Reminder of Battle Plan:

Ok, so we stay hidden/disguised, let the carriage get to the bridge and THEN attack. Caltrops in front will stop their horses being able to rush the carriage away forward, and they wont be able to turn the carriage easily on the narrow confines of the bridge, meaning we have them stuck in our trap.

401 to 450 of 3,462 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Talomyr's Council of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.