Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Talomyr's Council of Thieves (Inactive)

Game Master Talomyr

A resistance rises in order to stop injustices in the former Chelish capitol, Westcrown.


3,401 to 3,450 of 3,462 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>

HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Morghrim sneered at the betting man as he arrogantly declared-

Here comes that 5 Charisma!

I am Morghrim Devils-Bane. Consider me a true threat to the conjurer's fiendish "pets"...

Dark Archive

"Are you offering to go against Thraxius in the Devildrome, my dwarven friend?" Rance asks, obviously intrigued by the idea.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

He and his against me and mine. I'd not deny them their share of the purse.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

"Hey, now, slow down. Let's figure out what you're getting us in for!"


Male Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 1 -- HP 12 : AC 17 CMD 13 TAC 14 FAC 13 : LCrossbow+5; 1d8 : F+4 R+6 W+3 : INIT+6 Perc+7 CMB+0

"Would it be a knockout fight, or to the death?"

Dark Archive

"Typically the battles in the Devildrome are until disapation of one of the conjured creatures or the conjurer in question is unable to do more. I won't go as far as saying that deaths have not occured in the instances of mortals versus summoned creatures, but those details can be worked out among the participants prior to the bout." Rance says rather matter of factly, before adding with a devilish grin "...Though the purse and the grandure of the entire specticle would certainly be greater for a to the death bout."


Addie steps forward to speak to her companions, her back turned to Rance Lucca. "While I am not unskilled in the arts of summoning, I doubt that I have the skill to keep up with a trained conjurer," she whispers. "I believe our best chance for winning against this Thraxius is for us to battle his creatures. Of course I am more than willing to stand beside you in this battle," she says with a smile.


Male Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 1 -- HP 12 : AC 17 CMD 13 TAC 14 FAC 13 : LCrossbow+5; 1d8 : F+4 R+6 W+3 : INIT+6 Perc+7 CMB+0

Sejanus nods in agreement. "Let us face him directly, then."


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

"Are mortal combatants allowed to take the battle to the conjuror? I think your purse would be even greater if your champion were in the pit himself."

Dark Archive

"It is not something that I have had the pleasure of seeing before, that being said I am not particularly opposed to the idea."


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

"Alright... alright..." Valeron holds up both hands, wearing a wide smile on his face.

Just like Judge Tercetti, use that ol' Legis charm on him like you used to use on her...

"How about that statue? Once you let us take a look, we'll feel obliged to seriously consider jumping into this battle of yours."

Diplomacy (to shift indifferent to helpful?): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

EDIT: Sigh... at least a 1 isn't automatic failure!

Dark Archive

"Something like that may be able to be arranged, though I simply do not have the time to do so today. Perhaps tomorrow I could show you around were you to return say closer to ten o'clock in the morning, provided of course you agree to a battle of some sort with Thraxius." Rance says with a mischievious grin.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

"Alright, give us a few moments to discuss the matter amongst ourselves?"

Valeron nods at Rance and pulls everyone aside.

"Well? What do you guys think? It would seem like we're destined to do combat in front of every audience the city can muster..."


Male Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 1 -- HP 12 : AC 17 CMD 13 TAC 14 FAC 13 : LCrossbow+5; 1d8 : F+4 R+6 W+3 : INIT+6 Perc+7 CMB+0

"We should learn more of this Thraxius. I'm assuming that if he is making a fair amount of money by competing in this bloodsport, he must be of middling means and power. I think we could defeat him."

Dark Archive

*Checks game for a pulse...*


So is the deal to come back the next day and battle this Thraxius? If so, Addie will take some time to gather some information about their opponent.

Diplomacy (Gather Information) check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Dark Archive

The bout with Thraxius would be two from the time you agree to have the fight. If you agree to the fight, you may come back tomorrow morning for a tour of the sculptures.


Valeron Legis wrote:
"Well? What do you guys think? It would seem like we're destined to do combat in front of every audience the city can muster..."

"Let's do it," Addie says with a resigned sigh. "At least Lucca will give us a chance to look for Ghaelfin's statue before we have to battle his pet conjurer."


Male Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 1 -- HP 12 : AC 17 CMD 13 TAC 14 FAC 13 : LCrossbow+5; 1d8 : F+4 R+6 W+3 : INIT+6 Perc+7 CMB+0

Sejanus gives a small smile. "I have yet to test my works on devilkin. It will be... satisfying, to say the least."


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Sorry Tal, f@*+ing campaign wasn't showing new updates. I am so sick of this b+$~!~+~ website and all its problems!

Morghrim has already essentially stated his desire so don't wait on his opinion to be re-stated in a haughty, grumpy manner :).


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Kev nods his agreement as well, though not so eager to be fighting devils any time soon.

During the down time, he'll ask Morghrim if there's anything he can buy that will help deal with the infernal creatures' resistances (aka, bypass DR).


Male Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 1 -- HP 12 : AC 17 CMD 13 TAC 14 FAC 13 : LCrossbow+5; 1d8 : F+4 R+6 W+3 : INIT+6 Perc+7 CMB+0

Sejanus casually mentions that he has both cold iron and alchemical silver weapon blanches for bypassing demonic and infernal resistance.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Are Morghrim's previous rolls sufficient to give the required info?

Dark Archive

Yes.

Sorry for the delay again folks. Typical last quarter of the year rush at work.


Male Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 1 -- HP 12 : AC 17 CMD 13 TAC 14 FAC 13 : LCrossbow+5; 1d8 : F+4 R+6 W+3 : INIT+6 Perc+7 CMB+0

Bump for great justice. And to get my dot back.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Also re-dotting.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Same on year-end/quarter-end crunch. But still here, and fighting my RSS reader keeping me updated on games properly.


Still here. Understand about the crunch time. Hope everyone is well.

Dark Archive

When last we left our intrepid resistance fighters, they had agreed with Rance Lucca to do battle with the Devildrome's champion, Thraxius, two days from now and at the same time made arrangements for a viewing of the Devildrome's statuary tomorrow morning around 10:00...

As you walk away from the Devildrome, Sejanus mentions again that he has alchemical weapon blanches that may aid in defeating Thraxius's summoned minions.

It is roughly noon, two days before your scheduled bout, is there anything you would like to do prior to the next morning?


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

"Nothing wrong with getting a little insight into Thraxius, right?" Valeron questions the others, giving them a far-too-innocent look.

Valeron will roam the area, inquiring about Thraxius, and what kinds of minions he favors summoning, or a recount of any of his prior battles and the tactics he used.

Diplomacy (to gather information): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

Dark Archive

Valeron spends an hour or so wandering around Rego Cader, asking various individual about Thraxius...

Valeron:
Thraxius is really more of a stage name for the champion. Growing up on the streets of Rego Cader he was known as Davon Thrax. In the arena he favors hell hounds, lesser devils, and other fiendish creatures. His favorite summons though is his near constant companion, Calebros. In more recent battles, he has used Calebros less and less and has begun using a tactic of over-running his opposition with shear numbers of summoned creatures. Thraxius has developed a bit of a vicious streak the past year or so, showing no mercy to living opponents.


We still have the Wand of Break Enchantment (8 charges) and the Wand of Death Ward (7 charges) from the Chelish Crux to assign to people. Addie, Morghrim, and Valeron are able to use both wands. How do you all want to allocate them?


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Valeron regroups with the others and shares what he's learned with anyone who didn't tag along in the information gathering.

"Sounds like we can expect some fiends. We best pray to our gods.." Valeron gives Addie a knowing look, "for whatever we think will best prepare us to deal with outsiders."

Break Enchantment with Addie and Death Ward with Morg? I don't think there's any reason to count these utility wands as a share of party treasure... it's just a question of who's most likely to need it in a pinch. I'm sure we'll need both wands shortly.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

I'd rather not be allocated any wands I got a lot to keep track of as it is :).

Dark Archive

*bump*


Addie is good to go. Meet with Rance Lucca to view his statuary?


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Exams 2/3 done and a large enough break between yesterday's and next Monday's for me to make some updates. Apologies for absence. Don't have a lot to say here though- following the other's leads.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Good luck with the exams, Alex!


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Thanks- one left this Monday then I can relax a little more again.

Dark Archive

If there are no other preparations I will assume that we are ready to move on to the next morning?


Sounds good!


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

So we're using silver and cold iron blanches for fighting outsiders? That works. Is there any value in protection from evil, given that the warding effects are broken as soon as we attack the summoned creatures?


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Good point. Makes sense to purchase some silver and cold iron, no?

Valeron will see about selling his old masterwork longsword and getting some weapons that may come into use against various creatures that he seems to be facing.

@Talomyr: Let me know if this is all copacetic for a day of shopping in Westcrown.

Sales and Purchase Summary:

Sell:
Old masterwork longsword (315g value, sell value 157.5g)

Buy:
Silver longsword (105g)
Cold iron heavy mace (24g)
Total Cost: 129g

Wealth Change: +28.5g

Dark Archive

Looks good. I will update the game tonight, starting with your arrival back at the Devildrome (and Rance Lucca) to view the various statuaries.

Dark Archive

Having purchased a few items that you feel may be of use to you in the arena against Thraxius, the four of you arrive back at the Devildrome shortly before 10 o'clock in the morning as requested by Rance Lucca. The proprietor of the Devildrome appears to be pleased to see you once again.

"Welcome back, my friends! I hope you haven't gotten cold feet about facing Thraxius." Lucca says with a smile.

"I believe you are here to see some of my statues, yes? Well come along then, I need to be back out here before too long to start taking wagers for today's bouts."

Looking around as Rance leads to the statues, you get your first look at the Devildrome itself. A 100 foot diameter arena, encased in a cylindrical iron cage that reaches 25 feet in height. The interior sides of the cage are laced with spikes and blades that would appear to be deadly to anyone or anything that was unfortunate enough to be slammed in to the wall of the cage. At the north and south ends of the arena, sit two protective cages. Rance mentions that, "The cages are there for the protection of the conjurers that are summoning the combatants, not that they will be needed for your fight with Thraxius." In the center of the arena floor resides a platform, 15 feet off the ground, with stairs leading to the top from each of the cardinal directions. Two ten foot wide, thirty foot long pits reside along the eastern and western edges of the arena, about ten feet away from the cage walls. Along the top edges of the seating areas to the east and west are numberous statues, most of which are of creatures such as dragons, centaurs, and manticores.

You arrive in what can only be Rance Lucca's living quarters. Lavishly furnished you see what must be the pride of Rance's art collection, numerous statues from across Golarion.

Perception DC 10 and Knowledge (Local or History) DC 15:
You have little difficulty picking out which of the statues you believe to be the mortal remains of Aiger Ghaelfin.

After allowing you to look around for a while, Rance asks, "Have you found the one you are looking for? I assume we still have a deal, fight against Thraxius and I'll give you all the time you want with the statue."


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Kev spots their target, but does his best not to give away which statue interests them.

Bluff:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


"Thank you for allowing us to admire your art collection, Lord Lucca," Addie graciously thanks their host. "And no, we certainly have not developed 'cold feet' about facing Thraxius. We are looking forward to it, and trust the specatcle will be quite profitable for you as well."

Arriving in Rance Lucca's living quarters, Addie strolls about admiring the various works of art as His Lordship silently pads along at her side.

DC 10 Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
DC 15 Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

After several moments she nods as if satisfied, and turns to address Lucca again. "You have amassed quite the impressive collection, Lord Lucca. Yes, I believe we have found a few candidates that may suit our purpose. As agreed, we will battle Thraxius on the morrow and in return you will allow us to study your statues in more depth for our... research."


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Bluff (also to not give away which statue is of interest): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Valeron keeps his eyes trained on Lucca as he discusses Thraxius, the statues and the cages within the arena.

"Wagers? Perhaps you'd be interested in a wager yourself, Lord Lucca? What exactly are the odds on us and Thraxius?"

Assuming he has interest in betting on Thraxius, Valeron will propose a wager of a decent amount of gold for their pick of a statue. Valeron will be creative in the terms, perhaps the four heroes besting Thraxius in under 2 minutes.

Diplomacy (to convince wagering a statue): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

Dark Archive

Black Addie wrote:
"Thank you for allowing us to admire your art collection, Lord Lucca," Addie graciously thanks their host. "And no, we certainly have not developed 'cold feet' about facing Thraxius. We are looking forward to it, and trust the specatcle will be quite profitable for you as well."

Rance smiles, hearing the confirmation that you still intend to do battle with Thraxius. "Good. And yes, my dear, it should prove to be quite profitable for all involved...except for the loser of the battle of course."

Valeron Legis wrote:
""Wagers? Perhaps you'd be interested in a wager yourself, Lord Lucca? What exactly are the odds on us and Thraxius?"

"If I were not the proprietor of the Devildrome, I would certainly be interested in a direct wager with you, but since I am the proprietor, I cannot. Conflict of interests and all, especially when it is fairly well known among my more frequent clientele that Thraxius and I do not get along as well as we once did." Lucca says in way of politely declining the offer. "As to the odds, based on the wagers that I've taken in, five gold will get you four more for a successful wager on Thraxius. Please note that these odds are based on how the people are betting, not my personal opinion. Honestly, if I were a man on the street placing a wager, I very well might put my money on the four of you."


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Did we ever find out if this Thraxius will be in the ring with them, or will they just be fighting summons?

3,401 to 3,450 of 3,462 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Talomyr's Council of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.