Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Talomyr's Council of Thieves (Inactive)

Game Master Talomyr

A resistance rises in order to stop injustices in the former Chelish capitol, Westcrown.


3,201 to 3,250 of 3,462 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>
Cheliax

Fine...

Escape from Grapple:1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Outcast King escapes...sneak attack no longer applies, I will treat Kevorin's swing as an AoO as the Outcast King stands dealing 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 damage (since this happens before you are large). Morghrim has no weapons in hand and does not have improved unarmed strike, so no AoO for him.

Kevorin, keep your fort save, go ahead and roll your round 4 attack, please note the movement you state will provoke an AoO, you may want to revise.

Initiative Order - Round 4
Addie - 13+
Kevorin - 13 (large, need Fort Save DC14 - made)
Morghrim - 10 (healing judgement, need Fort Save DC14)
Valeron - 9
The Outcast King - 1

Map - Beginning of Round 4

Morghrim in order to find the glaive you dropped, you will need to make a Perception Check DC 17, as a move action to spot the glaive.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

In that case...

Move action to feint in combat: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Round 4 attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Damage: 2d6 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 1) + 7 + (2) = 16 + sickened

Kev (likely) manages to fool the devil into opening himself up, but is unable to get through the monster's thick hide. He then takes a 5-foot step towards the area mentioned previously.


Round Four:

Addie fixes the infernal abomination with a piercing glare, causing an inkling of nagging doubt to begin worming through the fiendish creature's mind as the young witch begins to cackle madly.

Standard action to use Evil Eye Hex on the Outcast King: the creature takes a -2 penalty to Saves for 7 rounds; Will DC 16 reduces this to 1 round. Move action to use Cackle Hex to extend Evil Eye Hex for 1 additional round.

Addie's AC w/Mage Armor: 16
Addie's HP: 34/34

Cheliax

DM Roll:

Will Save:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Addie glares and begins to maniacally laugh at the Outcast King, but the creature manages to shake off the worst of the young woman's hex.

Perhaps a bit distracted by the cackling witch, Kevorin tries to take advantage of the creature's distraction, but swings wide of the Outcast King, missing the bulbous creature.

The King is still up. Morghrim and Valeron to finish out the PC actions for Round 4.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24 Fort

Incidentally, the devil didn't need to stand up as pinned doesn't make you prone (see I rules lawyer for both sides ;) )

Morghrim unsheathed his heavy mace and imbued it with Bane once more I don't honestly know if the fact this weapon is now +3 against this devil means it counts as silver like other +3 weapons but I believe it does and should bypass DR before striking with a two handed swing that was ineffective.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
1d8 + 5 + 3 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 3 + 2 + (3, 2) = 19

Cheliax

Morghrim Maestros wrote:

1d20+12 Fort

Incidentally, the devil didn't need to stand up as pinned doesn't make you prone (see I rules lawyer for both sides ;) )

I'd always assumed the extra -4 to AC was a result of being prone, but no matter. For future reference +3 covers cold iron/silver, +4 gets adamantite, and +5 covers alignments. The bane ability increases the enhancement bonus by +2, so yes Bane is a good way to bypass DR.

Obviously not as adept with the mace as the glaive, Morghrim swings wildly, missing the Outcast King.

Valeron is up, then it's time to hail to the King


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Impressed by Morghrim's bravery, Valeron wonders if Morghrim's been mistaking Shelyn for Iomedae all along...

Shaking his head, he reaches out and infuses the dwarf with one of Iomedae's wards against evil.

Protection from Evil on Morghrim, +2 to AC and saves against the evil baddie.

Cheliax

The King seems to recognize what Valeron casts upon the inquisitor, so with a slight shift to his right, the beast unleashes its fury on the Iomedean. Two tentacles lash out at the priest, each landing a heavy blow and one wrapping around Valeron. As he is drug in toward the Outcast King, Valeron is able to thrash around just enough to avoid the swords and bite.

DM Rolls:

Attacks on Valeron AC 21

Tentacle 1:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 - Hit
Damage:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Tentacle 1:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 - Hit
Damage:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Grab 1:1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18 - Grabbed
Constrict:1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Grab 2 - Not needed

Vs. AC 19

Sword 1:1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 - 2 = 10 (grapple)- Miss
Damage:1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Sword 1, Iterative:1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 2 = 6 (grapple)- Miss
Damage:1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Sword 2:1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 2 = 18 (grapple) - Miss
Damage:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Bite:1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 2 = 8 - (grapple) Hit Potential Crit
Damage:2d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 3) + 5 = 13

Valeron is grappled and takes 16 damage (all regular, not infernal)

Initiative Order - Round 5
Addie - 13+
Kevorin - 13 (large, need Fort Save DC14)
Morghrim - 10 (healing judgement, need Fort Save DC14)
Valeron - 9 (grappled, need Fort Save DC 14
The Outcast King - 1 (grappled, hexed)

Map - Round 5

You folks are up for Round 5


Round Five:

Addie continues to cackle madly as she calls upon the power of her chaotic patron to curse the Outcast King's fortune.

Move action to use Cackle Hex to extend Evil Eye Hex (-2 to Saves) for 1 additional round (to the end of Round Six). Standard action to use Misfortune Hex on the Outcast King: for 1 round, each time the creature makes an ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check it must roll twice and take the worse result; Will DC 16 negates this effect (but he's got -2 to his saves due to Evil Eye Hex).

Addie's AC w/Mage Armor: 16
Addie's HP: 34/34


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Kevorin, hold on a moment, i'm going to get behind the f~%~er...

Morghrim moved around the creature as it focused on Valeron, bringing his mace to bear in a flank with Kevorin and smashing it brutally into the devil's back...

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 Fort

1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 = 28 Attack
1d8 + 5 + 3 + 2 + 2d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 3 + 2 + (6, 1) + (2) = 27 Extra D6 is Precise Strike, penetrates DR


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Kev holds up, "Hurry!" he snarls at the dwarf, though Morghrim doubts the ire is directed at him personally.

Once Morghrim is in place, he snarls, "All right, you overgrown calmari. Time to die!"

Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 = 31
Confirm: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15
Damage: 2d6 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 4) + 7 + (3) = 19+sickened
Extra if the thing's AC penalty is enough...: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 4) + 7 = 15

Cheliax

DM Rolls:

Will Save (occurs prior to sickened condition from Kev):1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 2 = 18 (hex)

The King shakes off the effect of Addie's latest hex while both Kevorin and Morghrim land solid strikes on the Outcast King, but yet the creature refuses to fall.

Kev, Not quite enough to land the crit.

Valeron is up to finish up PC actions for Round 5.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Both shocked and content he's the sudden focus of the fiendish monstrosity, Valeron utters a single celestial word and attempts to wring himself free of it's grasp.

Immediate action to cast Liberating Command (which only has a verbal component, so shouldn't require any checks to cast while in a grapple).

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 1 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 1 + 10 = 25

That feels successful, so now I ask...

Does the King look near death? I count 85 damage so far (if DR10?)?

Outcast King Status:

Val 14+6
Kev 1(if DR10?)+18+19
Mor 27

If the King looks about ready to fall over, Valeron will go for the kill by channeling energy to damage evil outsiders.

Channel to damage evil outsiders (DC14 Will for half): 3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 4) = 9

If he looks quite healthy still, Valeron will instead withdraw to BB,10. In terms of gauging the King's wounds, I guess if he looks like he will die with the channel or another round of Kev and Morg's assault.

Cheliax

Val, let me know what you would like to do, because the 25 Escape Artist did not do the job, you are still grappled.

As for the condition of the creature, yes he is bloodied but to get anything more than that, I will need a Heal check from you as a move action DC 17 (higher DC due to unfamiliarty with otyugh/devil physiology).

For your totals on damage, you have Kev's second strike a 18, should only be 11 as the AoO did not get the benefit of the sneak attack and it occured prior to the Kev getting big.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

If he's CMD26+ then there's no shot of Valeron getting out of the grapple with even a natural 20 on a CMB check (he's only +5 ... +3 BAB +2 Str), so I'll go with the Channel Energy from the grapple.

Cheliax

Natural 20 would get the job done, but that's neither here nor there. I still need a Fort Save for being in the muck, Val DC 14.

DM Rolls:

Will Save:1d20 + 7 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 2 - 2 = 18 (hex, sickened)

Attacking Kevorin (AC 15 - Raging, Large, DR 1/-)

Tentacle 1:1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 2 = 16 (sickened) - Hit
Damage:1d6 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 1 = 3 (DR)

Tentacle 2:1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 2 = 13 (sickened) - Miss
Damage:1d6 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 1 = 2 (DR)

Grab:1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 16 - 2 = 33 (sickened) - Grabbed
Constrict:1d6 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 1 = 8 (DR)

Vs. AC 13 (grappled plus above)

Sword 1:1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 2 = 20 (sickened) - Hit
Damage:1d8 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 1 = 9 (DR)

Sword 1, Iterative:1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 2 = 18 (sickened) - Hit
Damage:1d8 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 1 = 11 (DR)

Sword 2:1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 2 = 13 (sickened) - Hit
Damage:1d8 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 - 1 = 9 (DR)

Bite:1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 2 = 22 (sickened) - Hit
Damage:2d6 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (5, 2) + 5 - 1 = 11 (DR)

Taking too much damage from the flanking partners, the Outcast King drops Valeron and focuses his fury on the large half-orc in front of him battering Kevorin with a tentacle before dragging him closer and slicing him three times with swords and taking a massive bite out of the half-orc.

EEK! Kev, double check that I have the right assumptions on your AC in my rolls. Otherwise it is a damn good thing you are a half-orc and have ferocity, that way they still have a chance to save you as you just took 51 points of damage, 29 of which are infernal. You are currently in (BE-BF, 6-7). Morghrim is in (BI, 8) - the only spot he could have gotten to and had the flank last round with his 20 ft. movement.

Initiative Order - Round 6
Addie - 13+
Kevorin - 13 (large, grappled, need Fort Save DC14, Ferocity)
Morghrim - 10 (healing judgement, need Fort Save DC14)
Valeron - 9 (need Fort Save DC 14)
The Outcast King - 1 (grappled, hexed)

You guys are up. Or if you would prefer to wait for an actual map update, that's fine too.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Morghrim slammed his mace into the devil again and his blows seemed even more powerful than before...

1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 = 23
1d8 + 5 + 3 + 2 + 2d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 3 + 2 + (3, 5) + (5) = 26 Judgement switched to Destruction

Edit:
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 Fort


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

@Tal: Missed the Fort save earlier.

Fort vs Muck DC14: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Will await Addie, Kev and Morg before posting Valeron's action.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Kev grits his teeth as large chunks of his body suddenly go missing His vision goes red as he glares at the devil creature.

Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 28
Damage: 2d6 + 7 - 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 7 - 2 + (1, 2) = 10

"Ack! Valer-" he gasps, as consciousness begins to flee...

Cheliax

Waiting to see what Addie does...


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Going with the Cure Light to save Kevorin...

Hearing the crushing of Kevorin's enlarged bones, he desperately grabs his holy symbol and backs away from the tentacled monstrosity, his voice never wavering as it worked it's way through the prayer.

Valeron will trust the soft cover from Morghrim and his armor to protect him against any possible AoO in casting the spell.

Cure Light (losing Divine Favor): 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Caster Level Check (if required): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Round Six:

Addie's face pales behind her veil as she sees the massive damage inflicted upon Kevorin. Acting quicker than she can think, the young witch stops cackling and reaches into her magical haversack to retrieve her curative wand. With wand in hand she steps forward and attempts to apply the wand's magics to the half-orc's grievous wounds.

Stop cackling - Evil Eye hex will expire at the end of this round. Move action to retrieve CLW wand from haversack. 5 ft step to square BD,9. Standard action to use CLW wand on Kevorin (fortunately activating a wand does not provoke AoO).

DC 16 Caster Level check to overcome Infernal Wounds: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 - whew!
Cure Light Wounds Wand Charge on Kevorin: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Addie's AC w/Mage Armor: 16
Addie's HP: 34/34


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

I believe 7 puts Kevorin exactly on 0HP (total while raging).

Cheliax

Addie steps up behind Kevorin, utilizing her wand to heal the broken half-orc. With a renewed surge of energy Kevorin drives the blade of the battle axe deep into the body of the Outcast King, rocking the beast, but not yet causing the creature to fall. Morghrim slams his mace into the devil yet again, this time rupturing the body of the foul creature as Morghrim is covered in foul smelling greenish brown goo.

The final strike from the inquisitor is enough to cause the King to release the battered half-orc, as the Outcast King falls to the ground dead.

Valeron quickly moves to the side of the now unconscious Kevorin and casts a healing spell to revive him.

Looking around the chamber in the aftermath of the battle you see two alcoves to the south, each containing a stone chest.

Battle over. Kevorin yet lives. Well done! Thought that I had killed Kev in that last round.

Kev, Addie's CLW brought you to 0 (while still raging), your strike while staggered dropped you to -1, ending your rage and bringing to -11. Valerons CLW brought you back to consciousness and at 1 hp, where you currently sit.

Surviving that the way you did....all I have to say is DING! Welcome to 6th Level upon your next resting period.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

"The "King" is dead..."

Long live the king...? No, don't even think it.

"Now, we just need to find the blasted crux. I wonder if..."

Cast Detect Magic.

Valeron begins to scan the room, unable to help himself from wondering if the "King's" swords are magical and happen to be of the "long" persuasion.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6
DM Talomyr wrote:


Kev, Addie's CLW brought you to 0 (while still raging), your strike while staggered dropped you to -1, ending your rage and bringing to -11.

Problem- Kevorin's con without rage is 10. -11 kills him. Only way he was going to survive that round was to not attack and fall into negatives.

Cheliax

I'll assume that the group takes 20 on Perception checks in the room.

Beyond Morghrim's glaive that was dropped into the muck, you find a number of other magical items:

Both of the King's swords
a cold iron battle axe
a wand
a ring
a crown

Looking at the two stone chests, there does not appear to be a normal way of opening the boxes.

What would you like to do?


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

If there's time, Valeron will attempt a Spellcraft check on each item, asking for Iomedae for her Guidance prior to each.

In the order they were posted...

sword #1 : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
sword #2 : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
a cold iron battle axe : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
a wand : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
a ring : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
a crown : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Cheliax

Valeron manages to successfully identify the ring as a Ring of Feather Fall. He is not so fortunate on the remainder of the items.

DC to identify a magic item is 15 + CL for the item.


Holy cow! I can't believe we all survived that!

Addie will follow-up behind Valeron with Spellcraft checks (boosted by Guidance) on each item:

Sword #1: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 1 = 21
Sword #2: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 1 = 24
Cold iron battle axe: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 1 = 26
Wand: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 1 = 32
Crown: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 1 = 33


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Indeed, I knew it was a longshot for him, I've been playing him as somewhat ignorant of magic, as he doesn't really have a large church organization to be part of...

Holding up the ring, Valeron squints at it. "Hey, I know this one!" Glancing to the others, he gives them a look that says what, is that surprising?

"It's, um, a ring that will let you fall slowly to the ground, no matter how high you're up... see, this little feather symbol..." his words trail off.

Cheliax

Addie studies the items and determines the properties of most of the remaining items: +1 defending longsword, +1 cold iron battleaxe, wand of cure moderate wounds (33 charges), and a minor crown of blasting

Longsword #1 remains unidentified.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

I will totally put a rank in Spellcraft this level :S. Sorry all.


No worries! Addie can try to identify the sword again tomorrow.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Handing the ring to Addie for safe-keeping, Valeron does his best to contain his enthusiasm about the magical longswords.

Giving the blade a few test swings, he nods to the others, his attempt at maintaining a stoic voice doing little to hide a grin forming at the edge of his mouth.

"A good blade... Iomedae's favored weapon. Defending qualities you say, Addie?"

Giving it a few test swings, he gives the others a questioning look that seems to indicate his preference in sheathing the blade in the place of his own.

I wonder if the other is cursed or has some sort of fiendish properties to be used by a devil? No doubt this *king* claimed such a fine weapon from a brave knight or warrior...

Clearing his throat, Valeron tries once again to don an air of (reluctant) command as he indicates the stone chests.

"I wonder if we're lucky enough that this "King" was the one guarding the Crux*, and it simply lies in those chests? Any ideas how we'd open those?"

*Crux linkified, as I often forget exactly why we're bounding about this infernal pocket-dimension. It's to get into Delvehaven. Delve-what??


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Kev picks himself up out of the muck, spitting out the mouthful he took, wobbles over to the side of the pit, collapses against a wall, and nearly passes out again.

"Go, have fun, search. Don't mind me. Don't spring any traps."


Addie uses liberal applications of her Prestidigitation cantrip to clean the filth and muck from her companions.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

After sinking the defending longsword into every clear piece of the Outcast King, Valeron gathers up his companions and prays once again to The Inheritor.

"Kev... you just need to have faith, She will provide for us all, with the courage we have displayed in meting out Her justice."

3 Channels.

Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 6) = 15
Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 4) = 10
Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 5) = 10

Valeron wanders over to Morghrim afterwards and inquires, "M.M., do your keen eyes see any way to open the stone boxes? If anyone can find a lip or a crevice, it's probably you."

Valeron squints at the stone boxes.

I believe there is a prayer that I can just barely remember that will allow Her Will to magically work stone...


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Morghrim scrutinised the stone chests with painstaking care.

Take 20 on perception with Guidance and Stonecunning for a total of 25.

Cheliax

Morghrim studies the chest as best he knows how, and yet he is unable to find any sign of an opening, lock, or hinges. If the bloody thing wasn't shaped like a chest, you would assume that each of the chests were a solid pieces of stone.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Other than a Stone Shape spell... Doesn't look like we're getting into it Valeron.

I might be a little while with my level up, sorry. Going to put Morghrim into Herolab finally.

Cheliax

While the group stands around pondering how in blazes to get into the chests, notices the crystal glaive start to subtly vibrate. Nearly the same time, Addie and Valeron experience something similar with the book and the unholy symbol.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

What are you doing? Morghrim attempted to telepathically ask his Glaive.

I'm very dubious about the chances of actually getting a response of course :P.

Cheliax

Much as expected, the glaive does not respond.


Addie casts Detect Magic and studies the stone chests.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

I had pretty much assumed our sweep of the room included detect magic on the chests.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

"I don't see any symbols on the chest to correspond to the three items we found, but just maybe...?"

Valeron approaches with the unholy symbol of Asmodeus, shrugs, and presses it against the face of the one of the stone "chests".

Cheliax

As Valeron presses the unholy symbol against the chest, it slowly opens revealing a number of documents.

Busy in a meeting all day today. I won't likely have time to update further until much later today. Sorry.


Seeing Valeron's success in opening one of the stone chests with the unholy symbol found in the Knot, Addie approaches the other chest and touches it with Drowned Jabe and His Miserable Brothers and Sisters.

Cheliax

Pressing the book against the other chest, it too slowly grinds open, revealing a rune covered, wood and metal dodecahedron about six inches in diameter. Based on descriptions given to you by the Pathfinder, Ailyn Ghontasavos, this has to be the Chelish Crux.

Closer investigation of the first chest opened, you find are several long outdated investment papers, lists of debts, and various blackmail notes that in their day would have been worth in excess of 120,000 gp, but unfortunately for you, thanks to the passage of time and the deaths of most involved, the documents are now essentially worthless.

Digging below the outdated documents, you find an early Andoren philospophy book worth about 200 gp, an illustrated journal of travels through Osirion worth 230 gp, a three volume work on the teachings of a spirit naga entitled Libra Malfactum worth 400 gp, and what appears to a locked spell book.

Underneath the books, is a layer containing 1,300 gp, an ivory box with a carved lid depicting an army of golems destroying a city wall. Your best guess, is that the box is worth 800 gp. The last item in the chest is a browish-red metal wand.

3,201 to 3,250 of 3,462 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Talomyr's Council of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.