Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Talomyr's Council of Thieves (Inactive)

Game Master Talomyr

A resistance rises in order to stop injustices in the former Chelish capitol, Westcrown.


3,101 to 3,150 of 3,462 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Long-term care rolls, DC15 Heal check to get double your level back in HP for resting 8 hours...

Addie: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Kev: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Morg: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Everyone gets +10HP for resting.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6
Black Addie wrote:
Addie shares the results of her inspection of the glaive and the rope with her companions. Please feel free to read the spoiler above.

First of all, lets not leave it floating. Who was meant to be carrying the curse today?

Secondly...

Morghrim looked down at the glaive in disgust, but after the description of its potency he was reluctant to leave it behind or disdain its use. In this horrible place, he justified to himself, the group would need him to take every edge he could get. In addition... did not Shelyn take the very foulest and vilest of glaives, the Whisperer of Souls, from her brother Dou-Bral, and master it- making it a force of love, beauty and mercy?

His mind was made up. He clasped his hands firmly on the powerful weapon and bore it with him as he followed Valeron's lead.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

It's Morghrim's turn today.

So is Morghrim carrying Shelyn's Kiss as well?

Cheliax

Morghrim:
You feel an malevolent intelligence reach out to you as you grasp the weapon. Do you serve the Dark Father? echos in your head shortly after taking hold of the glaive. A few seconds later, No, I sense that you do not. the voice continues, tinged with disgust.

I need a Will Save from whomever is carrying the runecurse.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

If Kevorin has his eye on Shelyn's Kiss, he'll happily lend it to him. I actually forgot to respond to Kevorin earlier, sorry about that.

Kevorin wrote:
"Morghrim, thank you for allowing me the use of your glaive yesterday. In my weakened state, I didn't feel best suited to going toe to toe with our foes. I feel much better today, however, thanks to Valeron. I hope I did your blade honour, though."

Morghrim is impressed with the gesture.

You did well, Kevorin. She could do much worse than to be wielded in your hands today he replied, offering Kevorin his heirloom polearm once again.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 Will, +4 if Hardy/Steel Soul applies.

No, I don't serve yer bloody dark father, but i'm sure you'll sit happily in my hands knowing ye've got more chance of finding a "worthy wielder" who might be good enough to gut me, than in the cell of a devil trapped and mad on the material plane... Now, stow the attitude, blade! Morghrim growled at the glaive in his hands, apparently responding to some unseen voice.

Cheliax

Managed to hold off the hunter for another day. Where to?


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Think Valeron was waiting for feedback on looking both ways in the hallway. Although I think the marching order is actually Morghrim and Kevorin at the front with Valeron ordering us where to go from the rear :P.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Kev nods his thanks, but grasps his trusty great axe. "I'm feeling much more like a fight today."

If Valeron was using long term healing, does that mean Kev gets two Strength back? Also, he's still down 11hp, if anybody is doing some final healing either the night before or now.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Morghrim had plenty of spells left last night- have two CLW's from him. Would definitely volunteer them if Valeron had no channels left.

1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Cheliax

Kevorin wrote:


If Valeron was using long term healing, does that mean Kev gets two Strength back?

Yes.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Valeron was definitely out of channels yesterday, and he's okay with Morghrim carrying the curse today as he just barely recovered from his fight with mummy rot.


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}
DM Talomyr wrote:
Kevorin wrote:
If Valeron was using long term healing, does that mean Kev gets two Strength back?
Yes.

Cool. That means Addie healed two points of Wisdom, erasing the last of the Wisdom damage she suffered from the howlers.

Cheliax

Morghrim Maestros wrote:
Think Valeron was waiting for feedback on looking both ways in the hallway. Although I think the marching order is actually Morghrim and Kevorin at the front with Valeron ordering us where to go from the rear :P.

Traveling down the hallway you reach a four-way intersection. One being the direction you have come from, closed doors to the south and west, and to the east, an open archway leading into an circular chamber with a great void in the center, much like you have seen before.


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

"Let's not go in there," Addie says, pointing toward the archway leading to the chamber with the void in the center.

"How about the western door?" she suggests.

Addie casts Mage Armor on herself.

Cheliax

Bump. Valeron, I believe you have been made the de facto leader - leading bravely from the rear ;) - of this little group, and they are looking to you as to what direction to go. Where to?


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Oh boy... closed doors to the west then.

Cheliax

Ok. Update coming this evening. The door is closed, feel free to roll Perception checks if you are searching the door first.

Cheliax

DM Rolls:

M-P:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
K-P:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
A-P:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
V-P:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

The group travels down the hallway, heading toward the hallway leading west. Upon arriving at the hallway, you see a closed wooden door. Morghrim and Kevorin study the door for a few moments and are satisfied that there are no traps of glyphs associated with the door. After the inspection the inquisitor opens the door to reveal a small empty room containing only three wooden doors on the west wall.

The left doorway is decorated with a carving of a book, the central doorway a carving of a glaive, and the right doorway a carving of an unholy symbol bearing a pentagram.

Map Update

Where to from here?


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

"Interesting..."

Valeron arches an eyebrow as he takes in the three doors.

"I wonder if somehow we'll need to navigate those doors, like a vault or a safe. Wouldn't it be convenient if somehow that devil's glaive was one of the keys?"

And isn't it inconvenient that we don't happen to have anything matching the other two symbols.

"Perhaps those doors merit further inspection?"

Valeron will assist someone with a better Perception in inspecting the doors with the carvings.

Perception (to assist, DC10): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

"Hmmm... You're right, Valeron. You know, we found that book, Drowned Jabe and His Miserable Brothers and Sisters here in the Knot, and when I mentioned the story during our battle with the lacedons, it made the ghast pause. I still have it here," Addie says, retrieving the book from her magical haversack.

"That other symbol looks like the symbol of Asmodeus. Didn't we find an Asmodean unholy symbol on that island in the excremental's lair?"


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

"You know, you're right..."

Valeron digs about his belt pouch and pulls out the unholy symbol of Asmodeus while approaching the door with the pentagram carving.

"It can't be coincidence..."

Cheliax

The carvings on the doors do bear a striking resemblance to the unholy symbol Valeron carries, the book carried by Addie, and the wicked glaive wielded by Morghrim.

What next?


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Addie holds the book Drowned Jabe and His Miserable Brothers and Sisters before her and slowly approaches the door bearing the book carving. Addie will stop immediately if anything strange happens.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Not wanting to open two doors simultaneously unless he had to, Morghrim only approached the door with the glaive carving on it if nothing happened when Addie and Valeron finished their respective movement.

Cheliax

Nothing happens as you approach the door. Do you open it?


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Addie tries the door handle.

Cheliax

Addie opens the door and to her shock and surprise the sight she sees on the other side, her room in Rego Cader.


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Addie quickly casts a spell to reveal magical auras and studies the doorway.

Cast Detect Magic. Knowledge (arcana) check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Cheliax

Addie:
You detect strong transmutation and conjuration auras.


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

"This doorway radiates strong auras of transmutation and conjuration magic," Addie announces. "The conjuration aura leads me to believe it's some sort of teleporation device - perhaps a way out of the Knot without having to go back through the Lord Mayor's mansion?"


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Useless, until our task is completed. Close it fer now.

Morghrim tried his door...

Cheliax

Morghrim opens the door, glaive in hand. After seeing the results of Addie's door, he is not terribly surprised to see his quarters at the Shrine of Aroden beyond the door's threshold.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

"So as long as we have one of these three objects, we can get out of here, which is good news, but we still haven't found what we're looking for, have we? We did destroy something that was making shadows, but was it making the shadow creatures?"


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Valeron will open the last door just to ensure they are all indeed acting as exists from The Knot.

Three of us at least... maybe if we join hands?

Keeping his thoughts to himself, Valeron nods to the others.

"Back to the hallway, then."

The south door.

Cheliax

As expected, when Valeron opens the door marked with the unholy symbol, he sees his chambers at the shrine of Aroden.

The party makes their way to the southern door, finding it closed when they arrive.

Feel free to make perception checks for searches if you would like. I will update with the other side of the door this evening.


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Perception check augmented by Guidance: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 = 28

Cheliax

DM Rolls:

St-OK:1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
St-L1:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
St-L2:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
St-L3:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

PM:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
PK:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
PA = 28
PV:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

IOK:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
IL:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
IM:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
IK:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
IA:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
IV:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9

After searching the door you are satisfied that the door is not trapped or locked. Opening the door you see a wooden stairway, its risers carpeted in fine silk and its banisters carved of darkwood, descends into a lake of bubbling filth and olive-green sludge in this cavern. At the far side of the cavern three natural stone steps rise up from the slime to a chamber of worked stone, its floor stained and slathered with strings of dried ooze and mounds of filth. Two alcoves to either side of this part of the chamber hold stone chests.

Morghrim and Addie:
You see moving just below the filth a number of creatures. Map Round 0 - Addie and Morghrim

You may both act in the surprise round and have the initiative on the creatures

Map


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

DM Tal:
Knowledge (planes?) check to ID the large creature at BG-BH,6-7: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Surprise Round:

"Wait for the large one to your right to show itself," Addie whispers to Kevorin as she mutters the words to a spell, causing the half-orc to vanish from sight.

Standard action to cast Invisibility on Kevorin.

Question: How high is the ceiling here? May have bearing on my Round One action.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

What can Morghrim see? Appropriate knowledge check?

Cheliax

The ceiling is 10 ft above where you currently stand in this chamber, 20 ft high out over the muck.

Addie:
Missed it by 2. That check is good enough to know that the other creatures are Lemures.

Morghrim:
You can see everything that is on the map listed in your spoiler a couple of posts back. Knowledge (Planes) to ID any of the creatures present.

In response to something the witch saw in the muck, she casts a spell on Kevorin. Shortly afterwards, the half-orc disappears from view.

Morghrim is up in the surprise round. Next will be the bad guys then the beginning of Round 1.

Initiative Order - Round 0:
Addie - 13+ (acted)
Kevorin - 13 (no action until round 1)
Morghrim - 10
? - 9+
Valeron - 9 (no action until round 1)
? - 1


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

DM Only:

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 Knowledge Planes (Big One)
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 Knowledge Planes (Little Ones)

His first action won't change based off the info so i'll post his surprise round action so you can update in one go.

Gah! Morghrim exclaimed as he spied something in the muck. He stepped forward to the edge of the muck and brought his new Glaive down in a powerful overhead arc, as his armour shimmered with Shelyn's sacred invocations that Morghrim brought to bear with a simple chant and a wave of his hand.

5 foot step, swift action judgement (Protection, +2 sacred to AC/CMD), standard action attack-

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 (Power attack, crit threat)
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 (Power attack, crit confirm)
3d10 + 27 ⇒ (6, 1, 3) + 27 = 37 Critical damage

Cheliax

Morghrim:
The large one is a bearded devil-otyugh amalgam. The Knowledge roll was sufficient to get two pieces of information, what would you like to know? The smaller ones are Lemures, feel free to look at the Bestiary description for Lemures.

I assume from your description that you are moving to (BE,8) and attacking the amalgam, right?


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

DM:

Having not ever seen the statblock, a general description + two bits of information (please just choose or randomise i'm swamped today) would be fine.

Cheliax

Morghrim and Addie:
The larger creature you see before you is a large, bulbous, green creature with two long tentacles and just below the surface of the muck you notice two human-like arms, each holding a longsword.

Two horns protrude from its head and just below the massive maw of jagged teeth is a beard, almost certainly teaming with disease.

Morghrim Only:
2d5 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4 = Special Defenses and Senses
Senses: Darkvision 120 ft, Scent
Special Defenses:
DR 10/good or silver
Immune: disease, fire, poison
Resist: Acid 10, Cold 10
SR: 16

Cheliax

Round 0:

Morghrim slashes into the muck, pulling back the blade covered in blood.

Shortly after the inquistor's strike, three creatures that appear to be made of molten flesh rise from the muck and move toward the group.

Morghrim may take an AoO at one of the creatures, please let me know which one. Without combat reflexes, Kevorin does not have an AoO.

From the area close to where Morghrim struck a tentacle lashes out at the inquisitor, but the strike fails to land.

DM Rolls:

Tentacle:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 - Miss

Initiative Order - Round 1:
Addie - 13+
Kevorin (invisibility) - 13
Morghrim - 10
? - 9+
Valeron - 9
? - 1

Round 1 Map

Addie is up, followed by Kevorin and Morghrim.


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Round One:

With a thought, Addie calls upon the latest blessing granted to her by her otherworldly patron, and levitates above the reach of the lemure in front of her.

Standard action to activate Flight Hex (Levitate) - supernatural ability, so doesn't provoke AoO. Move action to levitate 10 up to the ceiling.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Kev enters his raging state and slashes at the creature in front of him.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 = 12
And, unaccustomed to being almost at full strength, he over compensates and misses wildly, as well as becoming visible.

Boo dice roller!!


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Valeron stands, hand on his longsword, his boots feeling like they have glued him to the ground, and awaits the horror likely to be brought on by their adversaries.

Know Planes (lone creature): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Know Planes (multiple creatures): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Did Morghrim not kill one of them? Pretty sure that crit confirmed.

Cheliax

Morghrim Maestros wrote:
Did Morghrim not kill one of them? Pretty sure that crit confirmed.

What did you attack? I assumed the large one. If that is not the case, let me know.

3,101 to 3,150 of 3,462 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Talomyr's Council of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.