Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Talomyr's Council of Thieves (Inactive)

Game Master Talomyr

A resistance rises in order to stop injustices in the former Chelish capitol, Westcrown.


3,051 to 3,100 of 3,462 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>

HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Moving to AM11 through Kevorin seems logical.

Cheliax

Morghrim catches the briefest flash of glowing red as he passes Kevorin, but once he is settled in next to the half-orc, he sees nothing.

distance penalty just got you from (AM,11)

Cheliax

Update coming this evening, when I make it home from work.

Cheliax

Fortunately for Kevorin, he spotted the tiefling. Unfortunately being seen does not stop the wicked woman from springing the half-orc's direction and slashing at him with a dripping blade. Kevorin feels the familiar sting of poison as the blade cuts into his arm just before the woman bounds away.

DM Rolls:

Attack:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 + poison

Kev takes 6 damage and needs to make a DC 14 Fort Save.

If the DC14 Fort Save Fails:
Take 1d2 ⇒ 1 Strength damage and you will need to make another save next round.

Initiative Order - Round 9
Morghrim - 17 (acted)
Tiefling - 13+ (acted)
Kevorin - 13
Addie - 5
Valeron - 4+

Map Update - Round 9, Impulse 13

Kevorin, Addie, and Valeron are up to finish out Round 9, followed by Morghrim to Start Round 10.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Fortitude save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Strength-damaging poison!? Insult to injury (literally)!!

Kevorin moves up to AJ10 and slashes back at the woman with Morghrim's glaive.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage: 1d10 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Cheliax

Kevorin wrote:

Fortitude save: 1d20+4

Strength-damaging poison!? Insult to injury (literally)!!

Just now noticing a common theme in this place? ;)

Cheliax

Kevorin manages to make a small cut on the tiefling woman, but as he withdraws the blade, most of the wound heals over.

Addie and Valeron are up to finish out Round 9, followed by Morghrim to Start Round 10.


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Round Nine:

Addie steps into the hallway and glares at the tiefling, causing an inkling of nagging doubt and despair to begin to worm through the fiend-spawn's mind as the young witch begins to cackle madly.

5 ft step into hallway. Standard action to use Evil Eye Hex on the tiefling: the tiefling takes a -2 penalty to AC for 7 rounds; Will DC 16 reduces this to 1 round. Move action to use Cackle Hex to extend Evil Eye Hex for 1 additional round.

Addie's AC w/Mage Armor: 16
Addie's HP: 34/34


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Double move to AN,11

"Devil-woman... why do you risk your life to harass us?!" he queries, uncertain why the tiefling protects or knows that could assist them.

Cheliax

DM Rolls:

Will Save:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

The tiefling seems to shrug off the majority of Addie's hex as she continues to glare with evil intent at the party.

Initiative Order - Round 10
Morghrim - 17
Tiefling - 13+
Kevorin - 13
Addie - 5
Valeron - 4+

Map - Top of Round 10

Morghrim is up to lead off Round 10. Val, if she intends to respond to your question, she will do so on her initiative count.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

In absolutely no mood for a mysterious Tiefling to be firing bolts at his allies with deadly intent, Morghrim moved up in front of the weakened Kevorin with his mace and shield in his hands and infused his mace with divine energy as he raised it high- and as he brought it down upon her shoulder with crushing force the weapon seemed to crackle with power...

1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 3 = 13 (Knowledge (Planes) to determine what Morghrim knows of Tieflings)

Swift action (Bane- Outsider (Native))

1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 26 (-1 Power Attack, +2 Bane)
1d8 + 6 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 + (1, 3) = 18 +2 Power Attack, +2 Bane, +2d6 Bane)

Took the liberty of assuming that a 26 hit, even though I expect she is getting cover from my attack from the square I am in (AI10).


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Assuming she doesn't decide to surrender in her turn, Kev presses the attack if possible.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage: 1d10 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

Cheliax

Morghrim moves up next to the tiefling woman, smashing into her shoulder with his mace.

You hear the sound of stone sliding against stone as the woman, grimacing in pain, responds to Valeron,"Perhaps you are right, Iomeadean." as she tumbles back away from the inquistor and vanishes before his eyes.

Kevorin moves up in front of the inquisitor and sees nothing other than the stone door to the Knot open again.

DM Rolls:

Acrobatics:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
Perception - Morghrim:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 vs. = Stealth:1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32

Addie and Valeron are up to end Round 10, followed by Morghrim to lead off round 11. During round 11 I will need a Fortitude Save DC 16 from Kevorin.

If DC 16 Fort Save fails:
You have contracted Mummy Rot from your encounter a minute ago. Take 1d6 ⇒ 1 Constitution Damage and 1d6 ⇒ 6 Charisma damage. You will have to make another save 24 hours from now. Any conjuration (healing) spell cast on you must pass a DC 20 caster level check in order to actually heal you. If the check fails, no healing is conferred and the spell is lost.


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Round Ten:

Seeing the tiefling disappear again, Addie takes a step forward and continues to cackle madly in case the woman is still within range of her hex. With her scroll still in-hand, the young witch prepares to cast the spell contained therein the moment the tiefling reappears.

5 ft step forward to square AK-11. Move action to use Cackle Hex to extend Evil Eye Hex for another round (-2 to tiefling's AC until beginning of Addie's turn in Round Twelve). Ready action to cast Glitterdust from scroll the moment the tiefling reappears (10 ft radius spread - Addie will attempt to place the spell to not catch her companions. No save to keep from being covered by the dust and Spell Resistance does not apply; Will DC 16 negates blinding. Anyone in spell effect will be covered with dust which outlines invisible things and imposes -40 penalty on Stealth checks; duration 3 rounds) .

Addie's AC w/Mage Armor: 16
Addie's HP: 34/34


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Without visibility to the creature, and no real way to contribute in combat, Valeron simply awaits a change in events...


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Well, if nothing else, Kev is rocking the Fortitude saves.

"I hate to say it, but I think we need to let her go. We are not in good shape."


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

I don't think its a case of letting her go. I think she'll be back and will continue to harass us...

Can Morghrim spend actions to make further perception checks or has he had his perception check already?

Cheliax

I made one for you in round 10. You are welcome to spend actions in round 11 to try and find her.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Will hold off for now until my action next round then.

Cheliax

Sounds like Addie has a readied action and Valeron is in delay. That takes us to the top round 11, Morghrim is up.

Initiative Order - Round 11
Addie - Readied for reappearance of the Tiefling
Valeron - In delay, can act at will
Morghrim - 17
Tiefling - 13+
Kevorin - 13


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 Perception


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

At least Kev stops huffing and puffing this round, ready to rage again.

Cheliax

DM Rolls:

Stealth:1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24

Try as they might, the inquisitor and the half-orc are unable to find the tiefling, until you see the doorway to the Knot sealing again and a the woman grinning wickedly at you from behind to doorway as it closes.

Gotta love Hide in Plain Sight...That's the end of combat unless you want to try to pursue her. On what would be Round 13 I need a DC 16 Fort save from Valeron.

If DC 16 Fort Save Fails:
You have contracted Mummy Rot from your encounter a minute ago. Take 1d6 ⇒ 3 Constitution Damage and 1d6 ⇒ 2 Charisma damage. You will have to make another save 24 hours from now. Any conjuration (healing) spell cast on you must pass a DC 20 caster level check in order to actually heal you. If the check fails, no healing is conferred and the spell is lost.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Is that door the only visible means of getting in to their current corridor? If so, hide in plain sight or not, she can't open that door without one of them noticing if they try to set up camp just on this side of it.

After they quickly search that storeroom for useful treasures, of course.

Cheliax

That door is indeed the only entrance to your current corridor.


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Addie expresses her favor for stopping to rest.


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

If we're camping, who wants to take the runecurse next?


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Morghrim's turn. Hey, maybe the devil-chick there is the one who's coming hunting! :)

If they are actually going to stop, Kev requests that Valeron prepare as many of those Strength-restoring spells as possible. The whole brute barbarian with an 8 Strength thing is getting old.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Fort Save DC16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

"Ugh, I feel... unwell. That, mummy... drained me."

Valeron nods to the others.

"Don't worry, I'm not turning into a shadow. At least, I don't think so. I do think we should rest since we can defend this room, and hope that Iomedae hears my prayers from here..."

As part of resting, once again he'll prepare Lesser Restoration in all three 2nd level slots, and remove disease and remove curse in both 3rd level slots.

Status:

Valeron 36/37HP [26/27HP due to Con drain]

Mummy Rot (-3 Con, -2Cha)

Spells Remaining:
1: Magic Weapon X1
2: Heat Metal
3: Dispel Magic

Channels Remaining: 0/6


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Just noticed that Addie also has a scroll of Remove Curse - not sure what the caster level is, though.

Cheliax

The group is able to rest undisturbed, if a bit uncomfortablly. Searching the cluttered room containing the remains of the mummy you find a number of mundane tools of various quality, hammers, stone-cutting equipment, etc. and one magical item, a rope.

Everyone regain your level in lost hit points. If you are not under the effect of a poison, curse, or disease that targets an ability, regain 1 pt to each damaged ability score. (i.e. Val does not regain Con or Cha, but would regain Str)

Valeron:
Mummy rot is both a curse and disease and can only be cured if the curse is first removed, at which point the disease can be magically removed. Even after the curse element of mummy rot is lifted, a creature suffering from it cannot recover naturally over time. Anyone casting a conjuration (healing) spell on the afflicted creature must succeed on a DC 20 caster level check, or the spell is wasted and the healing has no effect. Anyone who dies from mummy rot turns to dust and cannot be raised without a resurrection or greater magic. The save DC is Charisma-based.

So you will need to cast remove curse (1d20 + 5 vs. DC16 to break) followed by remove disease (1d20 + 5 vs. DC16 to break) in order to be free of the mummy rot.

Addie, the scroll is caster level 5.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

I'll go with Valeron memorized two remove disease spells, since it's likely we'll see more disease, and will rely on the scroll for the curse removal.

Assuming the remove curse from the scroll is successful, Valeron prays to his goddess to cure him of the mummy's disease.

Remove Disease DC16: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Valeron also tends to Kevorin's drained strength.

Lesser Restore (on Kev): 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

Will hold the third and final restoration until I get a sense of where everyone's ability drains are at.

Cheliax

Ok, that will get the disease if and only if the curse is broken first. If the remove curse fails, the remove disease fails.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Kev is now at 14 Strength. Livable.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

I have no ability damage.


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Addie uses one of her scrolls in an attempt to remove Valeron's curse of mummy rot.

Remove Curse - caster level check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Addie heals one point of Wisdom damage received in the howler attack. Addie's current Wisdom is 13.

Cheliax

Looks like Valeron will be free of Mummy Rot shortly after waking in the morning. Where to?


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

"I feel better, thank you Addie." Valeron still wheezes slightly from his bout with mummy rot, but stands tall and renew his light spell, nodding to assert his readiness to continue explorations.

Will use Lesser Restoration on Valeron's Constitution then, 9 Con feels a bit worrisome.

Lesser Restoration (last one today): 1d4 ⇒ 2

Up to 11, so just down 5HP from max now. Still down the 2 Charisma, so 1 less Channel today.

While resting, I changed some of my 1st level spells, overlooked that Valeron has an emergency scroll of Magic Weapon.

Status:

Valeron 32/32 [normally 37/37 but -5HP max from Con drain]

Mummy Rot (-1 Con, -2Cha)

Spells Remaining:
1: Prot f Evil X2, Divine Favor, Liberating Command, Shield of Faith(D)
2: Heat Metal (D), (3 cast)
3: Searing Light(D), Remove Disease, (1 cast)
Channels Remaining: 5/5 (instead of 6/6 due to Cha drain)


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

After her rest Addie awakens and spends an hour simply staring into His Lordship's golden eyes, communing with the spirit of her mysterious patron. During her meditation one question keeps chasing around and around in her mind - the same that plagued her the previous day, "Will we survive to escape the Asmodean Knot?"

At the end of the hour-long meditation she takes out her mother's ancient Harrow deck, draws a single card, and studies it intently for several moments.

Addie uses her Harrowed feat for the day. Suit drawn: 1d6 ⇒ 1 (Attribute: Strength); card drawn: 1d9 ⇒ 2 (The Keep: The Keep is a symbol of quiet strength, one that can move when necessary, yet stand firm through the greatest hardship. Those represented by The Keep are not shaken by any force.)

A small smile crosses the witch's lips as she studies the card. "Gentlemen, I have a good feeling that we'll see ourselves safely out of this hellhole today if we stay resolute and support each other as we've done so far," she says to her companions, a sense of calm optimism evident in her voice.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

As if there was any doubt eh... Morghrim blustered, trying to cover up his own worry at spending another day in this hellish place.

Valeron, where to? I'll lead the way... only seems fair after the mauling you both took yesterday. Help me into my armour would you? he implored, signalling the massive suit of full plate he had taken to wearing. When he was finally ready to move, he strapped his buckler to his left arm and carried his Glaive in his right hand.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

"Morghrim, thank you for allowing me the use of your glaive yesterday. In my weakened state, I didn't feel best suited to going toe to toe with our foes. I feel much better today, however, thanks to Valeron. I hope I did your blade honour, though."


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Since this is a new day, per the Spellcraft rules can Addie try to learn more about the devil's glaive carried by Morghrim before we head out? If so, Addie will cast Guidance on herself and Detect Magic and study the glaive.

Spellcraft check (with Guidance): 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 1 = 31

Cheliax

Addie, that check is more than enought to tell you about the glaive, unfortunately my materials are at home and I am not. I'll get you the information this evening. There is also the matter of the magical rope that was found in the clutted room.


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Spellcraft check for the rope: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Cheliax

Addie:
The rope is a Rope of Climbing

The glaive is an intelligent weapon that communicates via empathy and is a +2 keen glaive. It has other powers exhibited for worshipers of Asmodeus, at will it will cast bleed on any dying or disabled enemy, also it will cast divine favor on its wielder three times per day.

Tis a new day, who every carries the rune curse owes me a Will Save.

Map Update


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Morghrim looked expectantly at Addie for an answer after she inspected the Glaive he carried.


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Addie shares the results of her inspection of the glaive and the rope with her companions. Please feel free to read the spoiler above.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Valeron warily heads down the hallway and examines both directions.

"Seems the Knot goes on and on... I wonder if it's possible it goes on forever?"

As we reach AX,8 Valeron will cast Shield of Faith on Kevorin for whatever surely awaits in one of those rooms, granting him +2 to his AC.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Did we get healed up before heading out? I still have Kev at 18 HP.

3,051 to 3,100 of 3,462 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Talomyr's Council of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.