Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Talomyr's Council of Thieves (Inactive)

Game Master Talomyr

A resistance rises in order to stop injustices in the former Chelish capitol, Westcrown.


2,951 to 3,000 of 3,462 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

LOL.

Valeron looks upward, his eyes following the stairwell up into the shaft, then glances to the passage leading southeast.

"You'd think we'd be getting close by now?" he comments.

"Perhaps we should see if these stairs lead to another level, just so we know before we continue down the passage on the current level?"

Cheliax

Which ever way you go, please give me a marching order with any distances between characters.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Aye... I hate this place. I came to Westcrown to fight evil, not explore the devil's private chambers...


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

DM Tal:
Addie cast Mage Armor on herself just before we opened the door to the cell where the devil was imprisoned. Has the spell's duration (4 hours) expired yet?

Valeron Legis wrote:
"Perhaps we should see if these stairs lead to another level, just so we know before we continue down the passage on the current level?"

"Hmmm... I don't know, Val. I think I'd prefer to make sure this level is cleared before we check out another one," Addie offers her opinion.

For marching order, how about either Morghrim or Kev in the lead, followed by the other, followed by Addie carrying His Lordship, with Val bringing up the rear?


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Morghrim in the lead is always logical due to his reach weapon.

Cheliax

Addie:
Yeah, I would say so by this point.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

"I agree, Addie. It seemed you all were looking at me for where to go. Regardless if the stairs reach a dead end above us, or lead to another expansive level, I'd say we continue the caverns... However, if the stairs do reach a dead end above us, then we needn't remember to come back this way."

Valeron looks to Kevorin as the most likely member of their group to take a quick detour to the top of a dark stairwell and confirm if it is indeed a dead end or not.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Kev returns Valeron's look for quite awhile, staring back blankly, until it hits him what Valeron wants him to do. "Oh! Me? Okay, just don't go anywhere."

Kev sneaks up the stairs, axe ready.
Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Be careful."

The Iomedean shakes his head and smiles to himself as Kevorin ascends the stairs. Valeron cranes his neck to hear Kevorin's progress and any signs of trouble above.

Cheliax

Kevorin:
Multiple times, as you climb the thrity foot high flickering stairwell, you feel almost as if your feet are about to plunge straight through the stairs. Reaching the top you see nothing but blackness, and do not have the ability to go any further.

You experience a similar sensation on your way down the stairs as you had climbing them, unease at the seemingly only partially there nature of the staircase.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Morghrim moves to follow Kevorin as he used to, but stops as he realises his new armour is not exactly built for stealth.

Yer no bloody mithril are ye... he mutters sourly at his armour.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Kev comes back down the stairs, backing away as far from them as possible. He takes a few moments to get his breathing under control. "There's nothing up there. Literally. There's nothing up there. The stairs aren't all there, either."


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Morghrim makes use of Detect Magic to inspect the stairs.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Kno: Arcana


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Addie inspects the stair using Detect Magic as well.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Cheliax

Morghrim and Addie:
You both detect the presence of moderate conjuration magic.

Where to? I assume with your marching order you are all one right after another, with no empty squares in between?


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Sure, unless someone's about to toss a lightning bolt at us - in which case we're all spread out and not lined up in a nice straight line.

I vote for avoiding the conjured stairs and heading down the passage.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Valeron arches an eyebrow regarding Kev's commentary about the stairs.

"Interesting... well, sounds like we don't have to worry about exploring those further, then. To the hallway..."


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Some kind of conjuration magic, pretty strong too. Aye, downstairs is the better choice i'm thinking. Good call Val.

Cheliax

The group heads down the hallway with Morghrim in the lead. Turning his head to his left, the inquisitor sees a chamber filled with clutter and junk. Crates, old weapons, partially assembled suits of armor, statuettes, poorly preserved monsterous trophies, torture instruments, coils of chains and more are piled ten feet high along the walls, oars, spears, flagpoles, and ships' masts pressing at angles across the room to support one wall with the other.

Ahead of the group, the passageway continues on to the southwest.

Map Update

Which way? Not much longer and you will be done with Book 2.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

"Should we take a look? There might be some treasures amid the junk."


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

"No stone unturned!"

As Valeron follows Morghrim and Kevorin into the room, he does his best to assist them in uncovering anything of note.

Perception (to assist and grant +2) DC10:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Cheliax

Prior to reaching the room itself, you hear what sounds like something shuffling around in the cluttered room.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25 Perception (Thanks Valeron for the +2)


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

"What was that?" Addie whispers, peering into the cluttered chamber as she utters the words of a protective spell. Cast Mage Armor on self.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Kev directs Morghrim down one direction through the junk while he takes another (assuming there are piles in the middle to navigate in this room). Otherwise, Kev takes the east wall and leaves the west to the dwarf.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Valeron hestitates briefly, attempting to detect any magic auras from the trash-filled room.

Cheliax

Update coming after my daughter's track meet this evening.

Cheliax

DM Rolls:

S-St:1d20 + 16 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 16 + 20 = 45 (invis.)
FO-St:1d20 + 11 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 5 = 21 (circumstance bonus)
K-P:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
M-P:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
A-P:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
V-P:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

S-I:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
FO-I:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
K-I:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
M-I:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
A-I:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
V-I:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12

FO attack on Kev:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31 vs. FF AC w/o Dex (attacking from invis.)
Damage:1d8 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Morghrim and Kevorin enter the cramped chamber, searching for whatever had made the noise in the room. Meanwhile, Valeron scans the room for magical auras, detecting one in the southwest corner of the room.

Morghrim makes his way to the west wall, not finding anything of note on his initial quick inspection. Kevorin begins to do the same along the east wall of the chamber when he is struck by a massive clubbing blow by something that lurking behind a pile of debris, as a desiccated, bandaged creature stands before him.

Kev takes 16 (including your DR 1/-) damage from the slam. Now that the creature is visible everyone needs to make a Will Save DC 16 vs. Fear.

If Will Save Fails:
You are paralyzed with fear for 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds

Knowledge Religion DC 15:
The creature is a mummy. Fire works particularly well against but it does have a natural resistance against physical attacks. Anyone struck by a mummy risks being infected with Mummy Rot.

Initiative Order - Round 1
Morghrim - 17
? - 13+
Kevorin - 13
Valeron -12
Addie - 5
Bandaged Creature - 4

Round 1 Map

Morghrim is up. Feel free to post your Will saves prior to your initiative order.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Will: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

Phew!!! I'll gladly use an 18 for something like that.

"Oof!! Found it!


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 Assume Dwarven +4 VS Spells/Spell-Like Abilities does not apply, or I pass.

Morghrim does not move or react, his eyes wide in fear at the thing that struck Kevorin.

Cheliax

Morghrim Maestros wrote:

1d20+9 Assume Dwarven +4 VS Spells/Spell-Like Abilities does not apply, or I pass.

Morghrim does not move or react, his eyes wide in fear at the thing that struck Kevorin.

The fear aura effect is a supernatural ability.

DM Roll:
S-St:1d20 + 16 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 16 + 20 = 50 (invis.)

Kev, Val, and Addie are up.


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

DC 16 Will save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Addie freezes in place, paralyzed with fear of the desiccated, bandaged creature.

DC 15 Knowledge (religion) check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21- sure, pass the knowledge check with flying colors when I'm frozen in place and can take 4 rounds to study it! ;)


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Whoa! Is that Mumm-Ra on the map?!?!

We are so screwed... Who's got the Sword of Omens?

Cheliax

Black Addie wrote:

Whoa! Is that Mumm-Ra on the map?!?!

We are so screwed... Who's got the Sword of Omens?

LOL! Why yes that is Mumm-Ra. I'm glad someone noticed, but no worries,

Spoiler:
it is a standard mummy

HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Kevorin attempts to feint on the mummy, then rages and attacks.

Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d12 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (9) + 1 + (2, 5) = 17


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Will vs Fear DC15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Too close for comfort!

Seeing the bandaged monstrosity rise up from the junk within the room, Valeron holds his breath as he tries to confirm the identify of the creature in his thoughts.

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

It's a mummy... what's special about a mummy? Oh, why did I have to skip that page!?

Valeron steps into the room, pronounced words rolling off his tongue as he focuses on the searing, brilliant radiance of Iomedae, directing his goddess's holy energy at the undead creature.

Step somewhere in for a clear shot...

Searing Light (ranged touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 3, 3, 6) = 20

Cheliax

Addie and Morghrim stand frozen in terror as the Kevorin shakes off the fearful feelings and swings his axe at the creature's chest, but fails to connect. Valeron too is uneffected by the fearful aura that surrounds the mummy as he blasts the creature with a bolt of light, tearing away about a third of the creature's chest cavity.

Damaged but unrelenting, the mummy slams into Kevorin again nearly staggering the half-orc.

DM Rolls:

FO-Slam:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Damage:1d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

S-St:1d20 + 16 + 40 ⇒ (11) + 16 + 40 = 67 (invis - not moving)

Kev takes 13 after damage reduction. Valeron is in (AM,5)

Initiative Order - Round 2
Morghrim - 17 (paralyzed until round 4)
? - 13+ (acted)
Kevorin - 13
Valeron -12
Addie - 5 (paralyzed until round 4)
Bandaged Creature - 4

Kev and Val are up.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Kev attempts to feint and strike again, fighting defensively, not being able to withdraw and let the mummy get Addie.

Feint: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 4 = 3
Damage: 1d12 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (9) + 1 + (2, 4) = 16

AC up 2 (back up to 18)


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Edit: AC increases by three for fighting defensively, as he has enough ranks in Acrobatics. I'm buying you some time, Valeron. It's up to you to avoid the TPK!


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Realizing now that Morghrim and Addie are both paralyzed, Valeron wonders briefly how long the effect may last.

Clutching Iomedae's symbol tightly, he continues intoning her will, praying for their safety.

Channel (to hurt undead) DC17 Will for Half: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 2) = 10

Cheliax

DM Rolls:

Will Save:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 vs. DC 17
Attack:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Damage:1d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
S-St:1d20 + 16 + 40 ⇒ (7) + 16 + 40 = 63 (invis, not moving)

Addie and Morghrim remain frozen in terror as Kevorin swings wildly at the mummy, attempting to defend himself in the process. Valeron calls forth the power of the inheritor to try and destroy the creature, but the undead creature seems to shrug off part of the effect.

The mummy shuffles forward, ignoring Kevorin as the priest is the only one who has managed to harm the creature, and lands a massive, clubbing blow to the side of Valeron.

Mummy 5ft steps to (AN,5) and attacks Val. Val takes 18 damage.

Initiative Order - Round 3
Morghrim - 17 (paralyzed until round 4)
? - 13+ (acted)
Kevorin - 13
Valeron -12
Addie - 5 (paralyzed until round 4)
Bandaged Creature - 4

Kev and Val are up. Pretty simple map updates, so we can continue without an update. If you would prefer to wait until this evening when I update the map, that is fine too. If you want to continue on without a new map, that's great too.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Kev takes a 5-foot step to flank with Valeron and attacks.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7
Damage: 1d12 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (10) + 1 + (4, 4) = 19

This is ridiculous. The -12 Strength penalty is killing Kev's combat effectiveness.

Cheliax

Kevorin steps behind the mummy, flanking the creature with Valeron, but is still unsuccessful in damaging the mummy.

Map - Round 3 Impulse 12

Valeron is up.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

I blame the roll of the 1 :)

"Unhh!" Valeron grunts as the mummy barrels into him.

I should've expected that!

The cleric's eyes drift to Morghrim and Addie as he wonders if their paralysis will soon end.

I need to buy more time!

Once again, he calls upon the divine power of his goddess, this time to heal himself and the others.

"Come on Addie and Morghrim, we need you guys!" he shouts, hoping his encouragement might break them free sooner.

Channel (to heal): 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 1) = 8

Status:
HP: 26/37

Cheliax

DM Rolls:

Slam on Valeron:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Damage:1d8 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

The mummy tries to land another clubbing blow on Valeron, but the priest is able to side step just in time for the strike to smash into the wall behind him instead as Morghrim and Addie begin to shake off the effects of the mummy's fearful aura.

Initiative Order - Round 4
Morghrim - 17
? - 13+
Kevorin - 13
Valeron -12
Addie - 5
Bandaged Creature - 4

Morghrim is up.

Cheliax

bump


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Sorry, not got to my own games yet either.

Finally regaining control over his body again, Morghrim is literally quivering in rage as he charges the mummy- failing to harm it with a clumsy swing.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
1d10 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Cheliax

Finally regaining control of his body, Morghrim hacks at the mummy, but is unable to strike the creature.

Morghrim - I will assume that you have dropped Shelyn's Kiss, and swung with your mace. You started the round right next to the mummy.

DM Roll:
S-St:1d20 + 16 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 16 + 20 = 43 (invis, moving)

Map - Round 4 Impulse 13

Map hasn't changed since last posting, but I have reposted it anyway. Kevorin, Valeron and Addie are up, followed by the mummy.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

I'd rather 5 foot step and keep my glaive handy actually.

Edit: OH. The rooms pretty tiny. Then yeah, good call.

2,951 to 3,000 of 3,462 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Talomyr's Council of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.