Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Talomyr's Council of Thieves (Inactive)

Game Master Talomyr

A resistance rises in order to stop injustices in the former Chelish capitol, Westcrown.


2,901 to 2,950 of 3,462 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>
Cheliax

Where to?


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Island of debris first, then out of this wretched place to the west.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

I believe theres only one route? West we go.

Cheliax

Stopping to occasionally wretch yet again, the party makes its way across the lake of filth to the island of debris. The island itself is a mass of broken objects and decomposing bodies, but one object stands out among the refuse, an unholy symbol of Asmodeus hangs on the end of a broken spear.

As you approach the island, the symbol begins to softly hum, and the glaive taken from the bearded devil earlier in the day begins to vibrate.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Valeron frowns as he sees the unholy symbol.

"This, is of course to be expected. I'm unsure if we should pick up this item as it could be a key in use later? Or if we should destroy it or leave it in here to be forever untouched by careless hands."

Meditating on the issue for a moment, Valeron grits his teeth.

"I don't think we can risk this being a key of some sort for later. Since Kevorin is bearing the cursed scroll, I will trust in the Inheritor to shield me from whatever malice an implement of the Archdevil may carry."

Valeron slowly grips his hand around the holy symbol, wincing at an expected consequence of his bravery.

Cheliax

Valeron:
You sense a sort of malevolent intelligence brooding within the symbol. A sudden flash of instinct crosses your mind, as you somehow know how to contact the intelligence in the symbol.

What do you do, if anything?


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Talomyr:

Valeron suspects as a holy symbol to Asmodeus that the intelligence is somehow linked to the archdevil himself.

He will put off contacting the intelligence at this time, especially because it's a "malevolent intelligence".

He's not surprised there's some sentience with, perhaps the old owner of the symbol. In his mind he's effectively bearing The One Ring and has the same interest in contacting the evil within as Frodo probably did in contacting Sauron.

Valeron's eyes open when nothing outwardly apparently happens upon grasping the symbol.

"I sense a malevolence about this symbol. Likely it bears some curse of it's own. If it is not a key to be used later within the Knot, I suspect it is something we would want to destroy or keep locked away."


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Then keep it for now. I like this place less every doorway we walk through.

Cheliax

The party continues on through the muck and sludge, eventually reaching the western exit out of the chamber through a winding cavern like passage that opens into a large circular room, with a doorway to the northeast. In the center of the room is a pit, not dissimilar to pit in the chamber where you had faced the shadows yesterday.

Morghrim and Kevorin both look over the entrance carefully before entering the room, and find nothing out of the ordinary. I am assuming you both take 20.

Just as the last one of you steps through the archway, the entrance you came in through closes with a large, heavy stone slab. Likewise, the doorway to the northeast is similarly covered. You briefly believe you are trapped in the chamber until you see an open archway to the west.

Map Update


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

"What happened? Did we trigger something?"


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Look fer magical auras, and some kinda trigger mechanism or bypass. Morghrim mutters as he begins to meticulously search the room.

Take 20 on perception, +1 for Guidance.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Valeron begins looking around for signs, while quipping to diffuse the tension, "I sure wouldn't mind finding another Mark of Aroden to guide us out of yet another cesspit -- doesn't that seem like eons ago?"

Detect Magic, although I'm unsure if it will add much value.

Cheliax

Morghrim's meticulous search of the room yields little more than finding the exact location of what were the other exits from the room as the doorways have each been sealed with single block of form fitting stone.

Valeron scans the room for magical auras, but finds it difficult to discern any particular aura as the entire room exudes a faint glow.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Kno: Arcana time people... And once that information proves only vaguely helpful... Onwards!

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 Kno: Arcana to identify aura.

Cheliax

You identify the auras as major transmutation and moderate conjuration.


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Addie follows Valeron and Morgrhim's examples, offering a quick prayer to her otherworldly patron for His guidance as she casts a minor cantrip to allow her to see magical auras. The young witch then carefully studies the auras permeating the chamber in an attempt to identify the spell effects in place.

Knowledge (arcana) check: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 1 = 13 (w/Guidance) - nope, not likely with that roll!


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Morghrim shares his findings, disturbed by the possibility of such powerful transmutation magic.

Well, looks like only one way forward... I'll lead the way he adds, moving out of the room.

Cheliax

I will do an update, complete with map this evening.

Cheliax

The group moves into the next chamber, that looks a great deal like the one they had just left. As the last of you enters the chamber, the archway behind you seals, just as the previous chamber.

The room contains the same sort of pit as you have seen before, and a single unblocked exit to the northeast.

Peering into the next chamber you again see the same familiar circular chamber with an exit to the northeast and a sealed archway to the east.

Map Update


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}
Valeron Legis wrote:

He would have Addie wait before she uses all the wand charges to see how this fares.

Channel (after we finish off the elemental): 16
Up to you and Kevorin for how many charges are used on him?

Okay, we'll use 3 of the wand charges on Kev, healing him for 20 more hp on top of the 16 healed by Val and leaving 9 charges remaining on the wand. Does that work for you, Kev?


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Sounds good to me.

I was going to say that leaves him three short, but then I figured Talomyr had given those damage figures without taking his DR 1/-- into account.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6
DM Talomyr wrote:

The group moves into the next chamber, that looks a great deal like the one they had just left. As the last of you enters the chamber, the archway behind you seals, just as the previous chamber.

The room contains the same sort of pit as you have seen before, and a single unblocked exit to the northeast.

Peering into the next chamber you again see the same familiar circular chamber with an exit to the northeast and a sealed archway to the east.

Map Update

Son of a... Morghrim mutters.

Right... Well, its not an illusion. A moderate conjuration aura means we, perhaps, are being teleported or moved in some way as we move back into the room. Bugger if I know what the Transmutation aura's all about. Lemme try something...

Morghrim takes a crossbow bolt and drops it into the pit after asking someone to cast light on it.

Cheliax

Morghrim drops the lighted crossbow bolt into the pit, as the bolt descends much slower than you would have anticipated. As the bolt disappears from sight, the northeast passage seals, and the eastern passage that you enter though re-opens.

Moments later the bolt reappears from above, continuing to fall in the pit as it picks up speed. The bolt disappears again, this time with no change in the state of the exits from the room. A few seconds later the bolt reappears, again falling faster than it had before.

DM Only:
1d4 ⇒ 2
1d4 ⇒ 2
1d4 ⇒ 2


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Valeron scratches his head as he watches the bolt descend past them and the change in passages.

"So, can we drop bolts and make our way through this maze?"


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Morghrim catches the bolt on the third pass, or at least tries to.

Perhaps.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

"Works for me."

Valeron makes a gesture with his hand to indicate he's ready to use another bolt to try to continue making their way in the same general direction.

I'm a bit turned around by the latest map, I thought we were headed westward. If we can use bolts and try to toggle the right doors open, we'd likely continue to maintain the same general direction.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Thats the idea, keep heading westish.

Cheliax

You headed west into the chamber you are currently in. There is not an option to go west from this room. You can go east (back where you came from) or northeast depending on which doorways are open.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

NE.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Kev follows along, not quite sure what to make of this strange maze, and trusting the others know what they're doing.

He's also exhausted, sore, physically-drained, and smelly. None of these serve to improve his black mood, and he does a lot of grumbling as they move from door to door, tossing crossbow bolts into the strange gravity well thing.

Cheliax

DM Only:
1d4 ⇒ 3

As the party passes into the next chamber the archway seals behind them. At the same time the archway to the east in the new chamber opens leaving you with a decision, east or northeast.

I will update the map this evening


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

East feels like backtracking, so NE again?


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Assuming there's no west door we can open using the pit, yes.

Cheliax

Each of the sealed passageways are obvious...just sealed. Ok NE again it is, I will update again (w/ map) this evening.

Cheliax

Sorry about the delay folks. A bit of a family emergency last night. I will try to have the update done this evening.


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

No worries! We'll be here. Hope everything turns out okay.

Cheliax

As the group continues northeast the passageway seals behind you, as you have become accustom to here in the knot. There are open archways to the northwest and the east.

Looking through each open archway without crossing the threshold, you see to the east, a chamber with sealed archways to the northwest and northeast and an open archway to the southwest.

Peering through the northwest archway, you see a sealed passage to the northwest and an open archway to the east.

Where to?

Map Update


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Northwest


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Followed by NW.

Cheliax

DM Only:
1d4 ⇒ 3
1d4 ⇒ 4

The group travels northwest as the entry ways closes behind you yet again. Also as you enter this room the doorway to the east seals, but fortunately the archway to the northwest remains open.

You continue onward, going through the northwest doorway, and again the doorway seals behind you.

That's as much as I can update without my books. I will finish the update this evening.

Cheliax

Continued from above...

Looking around this new chamber you see open exits to the northwest and east, and a sealed archway to the southwest.

The east exit leads into another circular chamber like you are currently in, but at last the northwest exit leads into a twenty foot long corridor that empties into what appears to be roughly a fifteen by fifteen foot room.

Map Update


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

"There," Kevorin says, pointing at the obvious. "That way!"


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Addie follows her companions through the northwest passage.

Addie cast Mage Armor on herself just before we opened the door to the cell where the devil was imprisoned. Has the spell's duration (4 hours) expired yet? If so, Addie will cast Mage Armor on herself again. She will also use her Pearl of Power to recall her Invisibility spell.

Cheliax

The party exits the circular room heading down the corridor toward the oddly shaped room. As the last of the companions exits the circular chamber the archway seals behind them again.

This strangely shaped chamber is empty of any furnishings. A large, circular side chamber nearby contains what appears to be a weirdly flickering spiral staircase leading up into the shadowy shaft above. Otherwise, there is a hallway leading out of the chamber to the southeast that turns directly south fifteen feet down the corridor.

Map Update

Where to?

Cheliax

bump


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Was hoping for someone else to have input before I chimed in.

Cheliax

Fair enough...just making sure people saw that the thread was updated. I know how often dots disappear.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Oh I don't rely on the dots anymore... I play everything from my campaigns tab for that reason.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Sorry. Kev's gotten into the habit of following Morghrim's lead.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Heh, I mostly try and follow Valeron.

2,901 to 2,950 of 3,462 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Talomyr's Council of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.