Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Talomyr's Council of Thieves (Inactive)

Game Master Talomyr

A resistance rises in order to stop injustices in the former Chelish capitol, Westcrown.


151 to 200 of 3,462 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

"Good thing you found that mark", Valeron calls out, while unrolling the scroll he wrote just a few days earlier. Somehow he expected to be using it for something other than to mask a retreat from a band of Hellknights.

The cleric moves across the room nearer to the bridge. Seeing Kevorin has almost caught up, he begins to drone, "sive silentium caliga..." as the air in the room begins to swirl.

Once cast, Valeron will move along the right wall, taking the passage with the others. He, of course, won't strand Kevorin, so this all assumes the half-orc hussles to rejoin the group and run.

Cheliax

Kev, I need an action from you. Are standing and fighting or are you retreating (on Initiative 18)


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1
DM Talomyr wrote:
Kev, I need an action from you. Are standing and fighting or are you retreating (on Initiative 18)

Kev retreats, since that seems to be the consensus (which means he isn't dropping his crossbow).

Cheliax

Kevorin quickly ducks back into the room where his companions wait. Only a few moments later, the area fills with a dense mist.

If you are still in the room, or need to cross the room after Valeron's Obscurring Mist goes up, Give me an Acrobatics DC5 if you move more than 1/4 speed through the room, DC 10 if you move full speed. Also, I would like stealth rolls from each of you with a +10 circumstance bonus due to the mist.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Kev moves quarter sped: Acrobatics 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Edit: sorry, plus another 10. He's invisi-rogue today!


Addie was moving toward the marked passageway during her round, but if needed, here is the Acrobatics check to move more than 1/4 speed, but less than full speed: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
EDIT: Whew! Good thing she didn't move any faster!

Also, here is her Stealth check: 1d20 + 4 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 10 = 21


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Having moved out of the room and into the corridor to block off the Hellknights before Valeron casts his spell, i'm assuming no check is required this round for Morghrim. He does eventually intend to vanish into the mist when he retreats, so i'll keep it in mind for when he does fall back.


Male Human Fighter 1

Acrobatics check (if Cadwyn wasn't already through) - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Stealth check - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 (+10 circ, +2 dex, -3 AC penalty)


Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

Acrobatics check if needed: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Stealth check with mist bonus: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31 Wart is working on starring in that new docu-drama, "Halflings in the Mist."

Are we in round four? Does the obscuring mist go off in round 3 or 4 on Valeron's turn?

I realize that my readied action prevents me from just following the others out right away, but I certainly sure would like to do so before the fog...either way, Wart follows after the group as soon as possible at whatever speed keeps him standing. I will use all available actions as move actions to catch up to the group until I have done so.

Cheliax

After the rest of the party is into the mist, Morghrim falls back before the Hellknights arrive. Having successfully evaded the Hellknights for a second time today, the party travels on until it reaches a four way intersection.

Perception checks please
DC20:

Spoiler:
You see the mark of Aroden on the passage to the left.

DC25:

Spoiler:
You hear voices that sound like high pitched growls coming from the passage on the left.


Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

Perception check at 4-way intersection1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Paying close attention to the sewage once again, Wart almost stumbles into Black Addie and mumbles disgustedly, "This is never going to come off my boots..."


Male Human Fighter 1

Perception check - 1d20 ⇒ 10

"How can any of you see anything down here?" Cadwyn says, getting exasperated. "Clearly, my strengths lie elsewhere..."


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 to aid the best spotter


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

"Another intersection? I hate blasted mazes, next thing you know we'll bump into a minotaur."

Seeing as Addie has the best base to Perception, I'd always be aiding her for the first round's search

Perception to aid Addie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Bah, thats what I get for switching to aid versus look!

Cheliax

For the purposes of finding the Eye of Aroden in a non-combat situation, I will take the highest in the party for the baseline check...so right now that wound be Valeron's 22, plus two successful aid others for a total of 26. Feel free to look at the spoilers.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

"Looks like left wins again", Valeron points out, his mailed gauntlet gesturing at the Mark of Aroden.

The Iomedan suddenly goes silent, and whispers in a hushed voice to the others, "I hear something like a growl from the direction we'll be heading, so best we be prepared."

Refreshing the Light cantrip on the shield.


Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

Is it actually speech in a language any of us understand? Or just growling?

Cheliax

Wart wrote:
Is it actually speech in a language any of us understand? Or just growling?

Wart:

Spoiler:
You recognize the language as Goblin.


Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

Wart's ears perk up, listening to the high pitched growls coming from the passage on the left.

He says softly, "Goblins. Hold on, I got an idea."

He faces the passage, and says in a just-less-than-normal speaking tone.

In Goblin:
Hold, your attack. I wish to speak with your boss.
Diplomacy Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Cheliax

Wart wrote:

Wart's ears perk up, listening to the high pitched growls coming from the passage on the left.

He says softly, "Goblins. Hold on, I got an idea."

He faces the passage, and says in a just-less-than-normal speaking tone.

** spoiler omitted **Diplomacy Check: 1d20+2

In Goblin:

Spoiler:
Who wants to speak to da boss, and abouts what?


Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

In Goblin:
"Wart! I am an alchemist from topside. Hey, I got some trouble coming after us, we have lost their tail for now, but they will find us if we stay out here. I am willing to trade some coin for passage through your tunnels, I got 5 gold for me and my friends. I will even throw in an alchemist's bomb if you would be willing to bring some fire down on our pursuers."

May be too high-minded for goblin, but please do appropriate translation.

Whispering behind him, "Be ready if this doesn't go well...I am trying to get us passage through the Goblins..if that is what they are."

Cheliax

Wart wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

May be too high-minded for goblin, but please do appropriate translation.

Whispering behind him, "Be ready if this doesn't go well...I am trying to get us passage through the Goblins..if that is what they are."

In Goblin:

Spoiler:
Ok, you can come through, just have your gold ready.

Sense Motive DC17 For anyone who speaks Goblin:

Spoiler:
That went entirely too easy, the little bugger has to be up to something.


Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

Sense Motive Check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Knowledge(whatever applies)(untrained) Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Wondering if I get anything about creatures that speak Goblin

In Goblin:
"Well, okay. I am gonna come forward so you can identify me."

Turning to the rest of the group, "Well, seems like this might work! Follow me. Keep wary if those Hellknights sneak up on us from behind."

Wart steps forward, gold coins in one hand, ingredients and catalyst in the other.

Wart is well aware that these bombs won't work without him.


Addie's not too sure about all of this. Even though Wart's negotiations seem to be going well (Hey, the goblins haven't attacked yet!), the witch remains prepared to give any hostile goblins the Evil Eye or cast Daze on them.

Hope this is okay. Addie hasn't made a Sense Motive check (she doesn't speak Goblin), but having grown up in the tough neighborhoods of the Dead Sector, she's not going to be very trusting of anyone living down in the sewers.


Male Human Fighter 1

Cadwyn stays close to the halfling. "I hope you know what you're doing, but I'm here by you, regardless."

Cheliax

As you walk down the passage way you see two goblins leanig up against the far wall of a 15ft x 15ft room.

Perception DC21 I do apologize for the high DC

Spoiler:
You catch out of the corner of your eye a pair of goblins lying in wait to ambush the first person into the room.

Wart, Addie, and Cadwyn (and anyone else following) give me the perception checks, individual only - no assists on this one, and then we'll move on


Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

MAP


Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

"See guys...looks clear!"

In Goblin:
Okay, here I am. Here is the coin [nodding to hand with coin], and here is the bomb [nodding at other hand]. Do we have a deal or what?

Wart yammers on in high screeches, nods at his right and then at his left.


Male Human Fighter 1

Cadwyn steps in the room, his not so keen eyes sweeping for any danger.

Perception check - 1d20 ⇒ 12

Cheliax

The look on the goblin's face changes from confidence to apprehension when he sees the backup Wart is bringing with him, but not in enough time to stop his goblin allies lying in wait for the first person through the entry-way.

I assume that is you Wart. As you enter you are attacked by two goblins flanking the entrance, and thus you. I'll go ahead and show the rolls here for this. This could get ugly.

Goblin #1 Attack:1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 - 2 = 7(flank and broken weapon)
Goblin #1 Damage:1d4 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) - 2 + (4) = 5(broken weapon and sneak atk)

Goblin #2 Attack:1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 - 2 = 14(flank and broken weapon)
Goblin #3 Damage:1d4 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) - 2 + (3) = 5(broken weapon and sneak atk)

As Wart enters the room two makeshift weapons slash out at the halfling, one shot landing while Wart dodges the other. Wart take 5 damage

Initiative:
Cadwyn:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Addie:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Morghrim:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Valeron:1d20 ⇒ 10
Wart:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Kev:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Goblins:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

So Initiative Order is:
Cadwyn 23
4 x Goblins 17
Morghrim 15
Wart 11
Valeron 10
Addie 5
Kev 5

I'm heading off to bed, feel free to post actions/attacks. For map purposes. This is a 15 x 15 room with 5 ft passage ways off to the left and right (center of wall), the hallway you came in from is 5 ft wide and enters to the center of the south wall.


Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

Immediate Action: Immediately after getting hit, Wart looks at his cuts and sighs, saying in Goblin, "YOU ARE GOING TO BURN!"

Wart's Actions, Round 1, Initiative 11
Wart shouts, "Moving out of the way!", and attempts to tumble into the room to the left, coming up and getting into a defensive position as he pockets his coin.

  • One 5-ft step one grid square up (into the room) and left. Acrobatics Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
  • Standard Action:Total Defense (+4 AC)[AC 19 for round 2]
  • Move Action: Put coin back in satchel


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Kevorin (once again last!!) will be moving into the room and start trying to find a flank to sneak attack the goblins with. If no flank, he just attacks:
Great ax attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 +2 if flanking

Sigh...so far, THE most ineffective character ever!! :)


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6
Valeron Legis wrote:


Seeing as Addie has the best base to Perception, I'd always be aiding her for the first round's search

Perception to aid Addie: 1d20+2

Look again. Morghrim has +8. Can you make a roll for stuff like that on my behalf in future Talomyr? Past 1AM GMT I can't post and a lot tends to happen.

Too late to make the Perception roll to spot the ambush I guess.

Morghrim has his glaive out as usual, especially the moment he spotted filthy goblins. No way he would walk anywhere near them unarmed.

Round One Action
Almost regardless of what the Goblins do, Morghrim should either be able to get a charge OR use his reach weapon to strike past Cadwyn, so i'll make an attack roll.

NEVER trust a gobbo little one! I'll save ye!

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 Critical Threat
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 Critical Hit
3d10 + 12 ⇒ (6, 8, 2) + 12 = 28 Damage

Edit: Edited the +5 to +6 to account for Hatred; not that it matters with that roll!


Male Human Fighter 1

"Little bastards!," Cadwyn growls. "Never, never trust a gob."

Cadwyn steps up to the closest vile creature and attacks probably ending up right smack in the middle of the gobbos at L5. Seeing several goblins surrounding him, he calls as quiet as he can so as to not attract undue attention, "There are four in here! To me!"

So if I'm carrying two weapons, but only attack with one, do I get my full attack bonus or do I take a penalty simply for carrying a weapon in my off hand?

Attack roll - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage roll - 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

If it is the latter, please subtract two from my attack roll. And what a crit! Holy crap, man!


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6
Cadwyn Tallis wrote:

"Little bastards!," Cadwyn growls. "Never, never trust a gob."

Cadwyn steps up to the closest vile creature and attacks probably ending up right smack in the middle of the gobbos at L5. Seeing several goblins surrounding him, he calls as quiet as he can so as to not attract undue attention, "There are four in here! To me!"

So if I'm carrying two weapons, but only attack with one, do I get my full attack bonus or do I take a penalty simply for carrying a weapon in my off hand?

Attack roll - 1d20+5
Damage roll - 1d6+3

If it is the latter, please subtract two from my attack roll. And what a crit! Holy crap, man!

Holding two weapons in itself does not constitute a penalty, only when making a full attack and using both. You get your full attack bonus on standard actions, charges etc.

And thankyou, its about time I was due a crit in some PBP :P

Cheliax

Morghrim Maestros wrote:
Valeron Legis wrote:


Look again. Morghrim has +8. Can you make a roll for stuff like that on my behalf in future Talomyr? Past 1AM GMT I can't post and a lot tends to happen.

I will do so in the future.

Cadwyn steps into the room and takes a pierces the chest of one of the goblins on the far wall. I will assume the goblin in M4, as it was still flat-footed and eliminating it will take Cadwyn out of a flank. Removing his blade the vile little beast slumps to the ground.

Seeing Cadwyn as the bigger threat, the two ambushing goblins move to attack Cadwyn. Cadwyn is in L5, after 5 ft steps, the goblins are in K5 and M5, the Goblin in L4 will attack Cadwyn as well. The goblins lash out at Cadwyn, one of the strikes tears a gash into Cadwyn's thigh with a rusty blade. Cadwyn takes 5 damage.

Morghrim then steps into the room M6 and takes a mighty swing at the remaining goblin on the far wall, L4 cutting the goblin in half at the waist. Having seen two of their friends fall quickly, the remaining two goblins, look like they are about to run.

Valeron, Addie, and Kev are up, then the beginning of Round 2 with Cadwyn.


Round One:
Addie steps to the opening into the room (square L7) and casts Daze on the goblin near Wart (K5).

Daze: A dazed creature can take no actions, but has no penalty on AC. Duration 1 round. Will DC 14 negates.

Cheliax

Black Addie wrote:

Round One:

Addie steps to the opening into the room (square L7) and casts Daze on the goblin near Wart (K5).

Daze: A dazed creature can take no actions, but has no penalty on AC. Duration 1 round. Will DC 14 negates.

Will Save:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

Failing it that bad, I'm tempted to leave him dazed for two rounds...in fact I think I will.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Valeron, Round 1

Seeing matters well in hand, Valeron will walk into the room, longsword and shield in hand, positioning himself next to the goblin who isn't dazed.

"Hey, this goblin has no head..."

Double move to square M4. Both goblins should be out of AOOs.


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6
Valeron Legis wrote:

Valeron, Round 1

Seeing matters well in hand, Valeron will walk into the room, longsword and shield in hand, positioning himself next to the goblin who isn't dazed.

"Hey, this goblin has no head..."

Double move to square M4. Both goblins should be out of AOOs.

He has no upper body either! He was found wanting and I judged him to be unworthy to have an upper half, heh...


HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

Just a group tactics/dynamic thing; Morghrim is a skilled healer and generally can save spell slots and channels if you allow him the time to Treat Deadly Wounds; and he has a Healer's Kit to do so.

Cheliax

I apparently missed Kev's action that he had posted earlier, so we're back to the top of the order with Cadwyn. There are two goblins left, one of which (K5) is dazed.

Cadwyn 23
2 x Goblins 17
Morghrim 15
Wart 11
Valeron 10
Addie 5
Kev 5


Male Human Fighter 1

Cadwyn turns to the still mobile goblin (at M5) and snaps his rapier out in a quick thrust, gritting his teeth despite the pain in his thigh.

Attack roll - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Confirmation roll - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Damage roll - 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage roll (crit) 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

If that drops the first one, the second attack is made on the dazed gobbo.

Attack roll - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage roll - 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Cheliax

Cadwyn's plunges his rapier deep into the goblin's chest, leaving only one target. Not content with depriving one goblin of its life, Cadwyn slashes his shortsword across the stomach of the remaining goblin, but somehow the dazed goblin yet lives.

Morghrim's up, followed by Wart, Valeron, Addie, and Kev.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Round 2:

Spoiler:
Kev attacks the K5 goblin.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Sigh. he'd be more useful searching for toe cheese


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

Valeron, Round 2 .. if needed

OOC:

In the case that Morghrim or Wart leave the nearly dead goblin still alive, Valeron will swing to finish it off.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Cheliax

Morghrim Round 2:

Attack:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage:1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Confirmation:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Additional Damage:2d10 + 8 ⇒ (9, 1) + 8 = 18

As Morghrim wound up for his attack on the dazed goblin, it looked as if he was going to do something truely horrific to the near helpless creature, but instead changed the direction of his attack and ran the goblin through instead.

End of combat rounds, everyone gets 125 XP. Where to next? Perception DC 20:

Spoiler:
The Eye of Aroden shows itself on the passage to the right


Male Human Fighter 1

Perception check - 1d20 ⇒ 15

"I'm not sure...maybe this way?" Cadwyn says, glancing around as he tries to stop the bleeding from the deep cut in his leg.

Got a +2 from me!


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

"Alright, Cadwyn, let me take a look at that" With a few words to Iomedae, Cadwyn looks much healthier.


Eye of Aroden - Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Cure Lt on Cadwyn (lose Magic Weapon): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Addie holds the sunrod high to examine both of the passages that exit the room. "I'm not sure. Can anyone make anything out?"

Anyone checking the goblin bodies?

151 to 200 of 3,462 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Talomyr's Council of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.