Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Talomyr's Council of Thieves (Inactive)

Game Master Talomyr

A resistance rises in order to stop injustices in the former Chelish capitol, Westcrown.


201 to 250 of 492 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

Stupid question of the day,

May we retool our characters in light of this new information?

I have this strange feeling this might be the stupid question of the day...

Wart

Shadow Lodge

Wart wrote:

Stupid question of the day,

May we retool our characters in light of this new information?

I have this strange feeling this might be the stupid question of the day...

Wart

YES!

Just let me know what you are changing.


Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

I just updated to swap to Honor and Light domains from War and Sun.

As part of the change, my "regularly prepared 1st-level domain spell" is now Shield of Faith instead of Magic Weapon.

Shadow Lodge

And now for something completely different...

Alexander,

Are you still planning on running Serpent's Skull? Just curious, because it looks like fun and recruitment threads are forming. That being said, if you are planning to run it, I would rather be in your game than someone else's.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Does Kevorin's new ability to switch +1d6 sneak attack for giving the sickened condition happen automatically, or does he get to choose? In other words, as a first level rogue, does he always just do the sickening, or can he pick?

Also, does he get that ability at first level? A lot of archetypes don't get the new abilities until later. The ability it's replacing is one he normally gets at first level, which is why I'm asking.


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Working on updating Addie to be in compliance with the APG. Can anyone post the details for the Ill Omen spell?

I'm planning on buying the PDF next week when it becomes available. Would it be okay if I update Addie further at that time to take advantage of any other neat new options that might be available?

Shadow Lodge

Kevorin wrote:

Does Kevorin's new ability to switch +1d6 sneak attack for giving the sickened condition happen automatically, or does he get to choose? In other words, as a first level rogue, does he always just do the sickening, or can he pick?

Also, does he get that ability at first level? A lot of archetypes don't get the new abilities until later. The ability it's replacing is one he normally gets at first level, which is why I'm asking.

It happens at 3rd level rogue, and you can choose if you use the power or not.

Shadow Lodge

Black Addie wrote:

Working on updating Addie to be in compliance with the APG. Can anyone post the details for the Ill Omen spell?

I'm planning on buying the PDF next week when it becomes available. Would it be okay if I update Addie further at that time to take advantage of any other neat new options that might be available?

Ill Omen:

School enchantment (compulsion) [mind-affecting]; Level witch 1
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, M (hair from a black cat)
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target one creature
Duration 1 round/level or until discharged
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance yes
You afflict the target with bad luck. On the next d20 roll the target
makes, it must roll twice and take the less favorable result. For
every five caster levels you have, the target must roll twice on an
additional d20 roll (to a maximum of five rolls at 20th level).
A target who can speak and has at least one free hand and
who is aware of the spell and its effects (such as from a Spellcraft
check to identify the spell as it is cast) can negate one reroll
by spending a move action to utter a brief prayer or good luck
charm to appease the spirits of ill fortune.


Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

Thanks Talomyr!


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Now that I've seen the scout, I'm torn. I like the abilities way better than the thug, but thug is more thematic. I might go with the scout and the alternate half-orc feature for the acrobatics boost and instead of going with improved feint, head for spring attack.


Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

A question and a note.

A question: How does DM Talomyr feel about poison use? This is a class feature of the Alchemist, and I don't know if the new rules in APG make it viable to make your own, or if it would be something requiring purchase.

A note: I am stuck at work with no real way to sit down and post. I will hopefully get in there tonight and make any changes necessary, and get caught up with the group. Please feel free to NPC me in the event that it becomes necessary.

Wart, out.

Cheliax

Wart wrote:

A question and a note.

A question: How does DM Talomyr feel about poison use? This is a class feature of the Alchemist, and I don't know if the new rules in APG make it viable to make your own, or if it would be something requiring purchase.

A note: I am stuck at work with no real way to sit down and post. I will hopefully get in there tonight and make any changes necessary, and get caught up with the group. Please feel free to NPC me in the event that it becomes necessary.

Wart, out.

Wart,

Poison use is fine, far be it from me to eliminate a class feature. That being said, there could potentially be some RP issues as a result of poison use and what the rest of group thinks about poison, but I will not tell you not to do so.

As far as creating poison, I believe those rules are under the Craft(Alchemy) skill. I'll have to check when I get home tonight.

Taldor

Male

You can safely assume Morghrim doesn't care about your methods, as long as they help against evil.


HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

Kev either. Just don't get any on him and you'll be fine.


Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

My intent/thoughts with the poison use is really as follows:

  • No ingested poisons, as these are clearly tools of assassination, not battle. (Oil of taggit is an exception, since it only causes unconsciousness.)

  • Any situation in which it is both moral and legal to stab someone with a dagger is also a situation in which the dagger can be poisoned.

  • Poisons that cause unconsciousness are actually a moral good, since they can end a battle quickly with a minimum of bloodshed.

  • Shadow Lodge

    Ok, I didn't see the rules for creating a poison so we'll go with this:

    Craft (Alchemy) DC 10 + Poison DC

    Cost 1/3 cost of the poison created in materials.

    Sound fair?


    Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

    The paragraph for making poisons is fairly hidden. It's on the online SRD though here

    -- snip --

    Poisons can be made using Craft (alchemy). The DC to make a poison is equal to its Fortitude save DC. Rolling a natural 1 on a Craft skill check while making a poison exposes the crafter to the poison. Crafters with the poison use class feature do not risk poisoning themselves when using Craft to make poison.

    -- snip --

    Shadow Lodge

    Valeron Legis wrote:


    The paragraph for making poisons is fairly hidden. It's on the online SRD though here

    -- snip --

    Poisons can be made using Craft (alchemy). The DC to make a poison is equal to its Fortitude save DC. Rolling a natural 1 on a Craft skill check while making a poison exposes the crafter to the poison. Crafters with the poison use class feature do not risk poisoning themselves when using Craft to make poison.

    -- snip --

    Thanks.

    Wart, go with what Valeron said :)


    Hi folks,

    Moving today, so will be awol a few days. See you soon.


    Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

    Sorry about running, but Wart really doesn't have much that can affect the imp. We need to get a bruiser in there to hurt the thing.


    HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6
    Wart wrote:
    Sorry about running, but Wart really doesn't have much that can affect the imp. We need to get a bruiser in there to hurt the thing.

    If Morghrim had a better move speed and if the corridor wasn't impeded he'd have gone for the Imp, as he has the right weapon for it. But at the time, there was/is four people in his path so hes chasing the Tieflings instead.


    Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

    Pfft, no love! Give Val 3-4 rounds and we'll see if he can down an imp...


    Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

    Got a good question for you DM Talomyr,

    what are the rules for mechanics for using coins as weapons?

    I have this deliciously evil idea to use silver coins in my sling.

    Cheliax

    Wart wrote:

    Got a good question for you DM Talomyr,

    what are the rules for mechanics for using coins as weapons?

    I have this deliciously evil idea to use silver coins in my sling.

    There aren't mechanics as such, but I could see them doing the same damage as a sling bullet.

    Taldor

    Male

    Hi all. My gf is returning home after almost 3 months in eastern europe, and i've promised no forums on the 25th or 26th. I will return to normal posting on the 27th and 28th. Please bot my character in my abscence, starting on the 25th (Wednesday).

    Shadow Lodge

    Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
    Hi all. My gf is returning home after almost 3 months in eastern europe, and i've promised no forums on the 25th or 26th. I will return to normal posting on the 27th and 28th. Please bot my character in my abscence, starting on the 25th (Wednesday).

    Not a problem...in you spare time, go ahead an decide what you would like to do with Morghrim for level 3. You all should level after this battle, assuming the damned thing ever ends.


    Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

    As a minor tactical point....Kev, set up the flank for you.


    Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

    Talomyr, could you do me a favor, and think about what substance they used to mark the eye of aroden so that it could only be seen using a sunrod? I think I would like to make some of that for our uses.

    Shadow Lodge

    Wart wrote:
    Talomyr, could you do me a favor, and think about what substance they used to mark the eye of aroden so that it could only be seen using a sunrod? I think I would like to make some of that for our uses.

    It doesn't really have a name. It's just kind of an alchemical cousin to invisible ink.

    I can try an come up with a decent name, or you can if you would like. Craft (Alchemy) DC 15 to create.


    Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

    no name necessary, just a DC and cost per dose...and how far a dose goes, and duration of effect. Just the world you know?

    Shadow Lodge

    Wart wrote:
    no name necessary, just a DC and cost per dose...and how far a dose goes, and duration of effect. Just the world you know?

    DC15. 15 gp per dose. One dose is enough to paint five symbols of average size (such as the eye of Aroden). Duration is one month.


    HP: 44 /44; 0 non-lethal AC 19; touch 14; flat-footed 16 Fort: +5; Reflex: +5; Will: -1

    I assume we can 'ding' now?

    Shadow Lodge

    Kevorin wrote:
    I assume we can 'ding' now?

    Ding away.


    Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

    Dinging complete.


    HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

    Taking average HP.

    Gained teamwork feat (precise strike)

    Gained power attack.

    Focusing knowledge skills on dungeoneering, planes, nature as I figure addie and valeron have religion and arcane covered. Perception, sense motive and stealth also raised.

    Dinging complete.


    Female Human (Varisian) Witch (Hedge Witch) 2 {HP 14/14; AC 12, T 11, FF 11; F+2 R+1 W+5; Init+2 Perc+4} {Effects: none}

    Addie's Updates for Level 3:
    -Third Witch level gained.
    -6 hp gained total (4 + 1 Con + 1 Favored Class)
    -Extra Hex taken as 3rd level Feat; Slumber Hex selected.
    -Two new spells known - 2nd Level Spells: False Life and Vomit Swarm.
    -Knowledge skills (arcana, history, nature, and planes) and Spellcraft maxed out for a total bonus of +10 in each. Use Magic Device maxed out for a total bonus of +7. Remaining rank put in Heal for a total bonus of +7.

    -Plan to purchase scrolls of 2nd Level Spells to teach to His Lordship: Alter Self, Cure Moderate Wounds, Detect Thoughts, Glitterdust, Levitate, See Invisibility, Spectral Hand, Summon Monster II, Touch of Idiocy.

    -Plan to purchase more scroll scribing supplies and scribe more scrolls at earliest opportunity.


    Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

    figuring out my equipment and what not, and I am almost finished with leveling...trying to decide if I *REALLY* want to go with the half-crazed alchemist throwing bombs off the back of a mount.


    Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

    Went through the ENTIRE thread, and yes it was that slow at work today...started at 8 this morning, and I just finished now at 2:30.

    Minor note...there was an unidentified potion, found it during the fight with Whitechin. here actually

    If this one has not been identified, which I believe it has not, please use my take 20 roll, which I believe resulted in at 30.

    Also:

    Level 3 Ding!:

    • +1 BAB (+2 Total)
    • +1 Will Save (+1 Total Class Bonus)
    • Bomb 2d6
    • Swift Alchemy (Su): Craft alchemical items in half the time, and apply poison to a weapon as a move item.
    • +1 1st level extract per day
    • +1 Level 1 Extract known: Ant Haul
    • Feat: Childlike [APG: 156]
    • 7 Skill Points: +1 Craft(Alchemy), +1 Spellcraft, +3 ride, +1 Profession (Acting); +1 Bluff


    Male Human Fighter

    Yeah, now Bron has a flank buddy.

    Level 3 stuff

    Average Hit point+con+ 1 favored class bonus

    +1 attack
    +1 Ref, Will
    increased Ride, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Sense Motive and Climb
    Gained Cavalier's Charge and Power Attack

    Shadow Lodge

    Wart wrote:

    Went through the ENTIRE thread, and yes it was that slow at work today...started at 8 this morning, and I just finished now at 2:30.

    Minor note...there was an unidentified potion, found it during the fight with Whitechin. here actually

    If this one has not been identified, which I believe it has not, please use my take 20 roll, which I believe resulted in at 30.

    Also:

    ** spoiler omitted **

    Actually it looks like that was from when you freed Arael. The last potion was a potion of Bull's Strength.


    HP 53/53, AC- 21, Flat-Footed- 19, Touch- 12 CMD 19, Fort- +9, Reflex- +6, Will- +10, Perception- +13, Init- +5, AOO- +9 (1d10+6), Judgement 2/2, Bane 6/6

    Woooot! Girlfriend has finally finished drawing Morghrim for me, she would love some feedback and comments, shes spent hours and hours on it and I think it looks amazing! I have the paper version which is a bit clearer but the scan didnt come out too bad either.

    LINK!!!


    Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

    Great job! Way better than the stick figure I could have done!


    Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

    Please put my old set of Leather Armor in the "to sell" pile.

    It is valued at 10gp for full price on a new set, and weighs in around 7.5 lbs.

    Also, I have updated my stats, and am ready to go.

    Edit: I am SO SORRY! How are we doing HP at level again? 1/2 +con?


    Male Human Cleric 5 / Inheritor's Crusader 1

    Wart, did you mean to put 1 rank into Perform(Act) vs Profession(Actor) when you hit 3?

    Cheliax

    Wart wrote:

    Please put my old set of Leather Armor in the "to sell" pile.

    It is valued at 10gp for full price on a new set, and weighs in around 7.5 lbs.

    Also, I have updated my stats, and am ready to go.

    Edit: I am SO SORRY! How are we doing HP at level again? 1/2 +con?

    You can take 1/2 die + 1 + Con bonus or you can gamble and roll the die, your choice, but you're stuck with what you get.


    Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

    +6 HP, 4+1+1(Con) (no rolling)

    and

    I meant Perform (Act), thanks Valeron! :)


    Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

    I have an emergency trip to the dentist's office.

    Please npc Wart for tonight. I will hopefully be able to post again tomorrow.


    Male Halfling Alchemist : 4

    I'm back.

    Hmm, well, there is really no where for me to move. Except K19 perhaps. but that is 2 AoO, and then I am within biting range...hmm...

    Cheliax

    Question for all of you. Since it seems Bron is gone, do we want to recruit a replacement or just continue on with 5 PCs. I'm leaning toward just moving on with what we have, but I could be persuaded otherwise, provided someone has a good candidate (Deevor?) in mind.

    Taldor

    Male

    Much as I would recommend Deevor if we do recruit another, i'd be happier with the rest of us staying as we are. Happy to have another if i'm outvoted though.

    201 to 250 of 492 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / DM Talomyr's Council of Thieves - Discussion Thread All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.