Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Sully's Kingmaker (Inactive)

Game Master Max Hellspont


2,701 to 2,750 of 3,019 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Bard (savage skald) 3

"I may be able to help you on the arcane bit, and can hold my own well enough in the wild, though I'm not particularly an expert. Let me think on it a bit. For now, however, let us get this post written so it can be put up." Taking the pen and paper, Edrukk fairly quickly works up the following, Looking for adventure? Enjoy the great outdoors? If so, come see Karthas or Euron for opportunities to expand your horizons, and free this region from the chains of banditry that currently limit its ability to prosper. "There we go, hows that?"


Male Kellid Human Barbarian 2 / Rogue (Scout) 2

"Thank you, I think that will certainly do the job. Your help is appreciated."


'Suny' wrote:
"Aye...some place t'be puttin' m'self an' th' hounds if'n ye please."

"Of course. Mistress Svetlana's servin' lunch now... You can have a seat at one of the tables," the young man says, motioning toward the table where the two outdoorsmen and now a dwarf are sitting. "Your hounds can stay in the stable if they're okay around horses. I imagine Mistress Svetlana has some venison scraps they might like. I'll show them to the stable, if that's alright with you. My name's Gilbert, by the way."

Suny:
As you glance about the yard, you notice a young petite woman who entered after you speaking to the two soldiers and the gnome. The young woman has shoulder-length raven hair, with unnaturally pale skin, ears tapered like an elf, elongated canines, and small horns on her brow. Her most striking feature is her eyes: one is an ocean-blue with silver flecks near the iris, and the other is milky white. You also notice sharp claws just peeking out from the cuffs of her overlong sleeves. Your keen ears just heard her say, "They want to know if you need to be destroyed. Not bad-destroyed, but good-destroyed, so don't worry so much."


Init:+4,Perc:+11,AC:17, HP: 30/ 30, Fort:+5,Ref:+10,Wil:+6:Perc+11

Will Save:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
The hat brim jiggles...

"Aye...th' dogs be trained an' should bunk down wi' not a problem." A hand is extended, tanned and slim.

"Nice t'is t'meet yerself Gilbert." And she shakes.

"This is Dog and Dog..." Seeing possibly the lad's puzzled look, she explains. "They know who they are..." After a moment more, there's a cough from behind the scarf, "T'is all in-a pronunciation." And she leads her team into the stables under the guidance of Gilbert

In the barn:

Where she un-kits the pair, then settles them down.

Suny removes her hat and great coat, revealing a simple silk shirt and pants.

"So...where be th' tubs fer bathin' an such?" She asks with a smile, "Th' dust o' th' trail...it does get in every where." (^_^)

Then, once Gilbert has explained such a tad more, she saunters back out into the yard and towards this most interesting group of people.

The tall, blond haired Elven lass walks out of the barn, the long pole still carried over her shoulders, dressed in a simple white silk shirt and plain soft leather trousers.

Suny's path -with a happy smile upon her countenance- has her walking towards the young woman with shoulder-length raven hair, unnaturally pale skin and who's ears are also tapered like said certain Elfs.

Island Elf

(^_^)


Male Human (Varisian/Ulfen) Druid 3

Euron nods as Edrukk pens their recruitment post, and when the scroll is complete, the druid asks to read it.

Squinting a bit, Euron rubs his eye with a dirty thumb before he gives the work a final nod.

"Looks like we got ourselves a recruitment poster. Let's get'er up somewhere good that all manner of folks might see it."

Euron makes a show of nailing the poster somewhere in the common area so all can see it, before returning to sit near Edrukk and Karthas.

"So Edrukk was it? You're interested in tagging along then? What brought you out to Oleg's originally?"


Male Dwarf Bard (savage skald) 3

"Heard there might be some unclaimed mines in the region. Figured I'd see if that was true or not, and if it was, if any such mines would be suitable for a proper clan home. Growing up around humans, I never really fit in most traditional clans, so I figured I'd see if it was possible to start my own for dwarves in similar circumstances as mine. Finally learned enough to get started, but can't really do much more without a proper home."


Female Changeling Summoner (First World) 3

Yelena sits down at the table and looks at the activities around her curiously. "So, Lost One, what is going on right now?"


Init:+4,Perc:+11,AC:17, HP: 30/ 30, Fort:+5,Ref:+10,Wil:+6:Perc+11

Suny tilts her head, leans casually upon her wrapped, long, thin bundle and blinks at this 'Other Elf'.

"Um..we're ye p'raps talkin' t'me there, luv. I notice a similar lilt in yer tones."

Elvis:
"Would it be correct to say that you're touched at least by the Fae?"
Suny finishes addressing Yelena in the speech of her folk.


Female Changeling Summoner (First World) 3

I'm unfamiliar with that language. Is it from the land of Lahss Vaygus?

Yelena arches an eyebrow. "I'm sorry. I didn't quite catch that. I was addressing this charming gnome as 'Lost One.' After all, they did wander from the fey realm so many millennia ago. I am Yelena. What is your name?"


Yelena Shukhov wrote:

Yelena smiles widely, pressing the palms of her hands together and inclining her head. "Greetings, Kesten Garess and Berenkor Trandoran! May your songs be colorful and sweet." She turns to Berenkor. "That is a wonderful question, Lost One. I am here as... voice?... proxy?... My apologies, this is not my native tongue. I am here for the feykin of the Narl. They sensed that men had built a new structure in the Greenbelt. The feykin sent me to hear its song and know if its soul will speak order."

She scratches at her temple. "No, that's not right. I'm probably confusing! How did Patriarch say it? Oh, right. They want to know if you need to be destroyed. Not bad-destroyed, but good-destroyed, so don't worry so much."

The younger soldier’s enrapt expression changes to one of horror at Yelena’s words, and Kesten Garess begins to draw his sword but is restrained by Berenkor’s small hand upon his wrist.

”I’m sorry, did you say ‘destroyed?’ Could you explain a bit more about what you mean? Here, why don’t we all have a seat,” Berenkor says calmly, maintaining a friendly tone as he invites both Yelena and Kesten to sit by motioning toward the benches.

Yelena Shukhov wrote:
Yelena sits down at the table and looks at the activities around her curiously. "So, Lost One, what is going on right now?"
'Suny' wrote:

The tall, blond haired Elven lass walks out of the barn, the long pole still carried over her shoulders, dressed in a simple white silk shirt and plain soft leather trousers.

Suny's path -with a happy smile upon her countenance- has her walking towards the young woman with shoulder-length raven hair, unnaturally pale skin and who's ears are also tapered like said certain Elfs.
'Suny' wrote:

Suny tilts her head, leans casually upon her wrapped, long, thin bundle and blinks at this 'Other Elf'.

"Um..we're ye p'raps talkin' t'me there, luv. I notice a similar lilt in yer tones."
Yelena Shukhov wrote:
Yelena arches an eyebrow. "I'm sorry. I didn't quite catch that. I was addressing this charming gnome as 'Lost One.' After all, they did wander from the fey realm so many millennia ago. I am Yelena. What is your name?"

Berenkor glances up as the nut-brown elf approaches the group. ”Ah! Good day to you, Miss…? My name is Berenkor Trandoran, and this is Kesten Garess and Stefan,” the gnome bard introduces the senior and junior soldiers. ”I was just about to explain to the lovely Yelena what we are doing here,” he says, turning a friendly smile toward the changeling.

”Let’s see… Where to begin? As you know, we are sitting in Oleg’s Trading Post, which is located at the southern edge of the region of Rostland in the country of Brevoy. Master Oleg Leveton and his lovely wife Svetlana are the owners and proprietors of the trading post,” Berenkor points toward the a large man with unkempt fiery red hair speaking to two men near a wagon and toward the brown-haired woman serving food to the two outdoorsmen and the dwarf at the other table. ”Until about a month ago, the Levetons were repeatedly plagued by bandits raiding the trading post. A little more than a month ago the rulers of the city of Restov in Brevoy granted charters to a group of six individuals – including myself and Karthas, there,” Berenkor points toward the younger outdoorsman sitting at the other table, ”to explore and map the Greenbelt and to strive against banditry and other unlawful activity we might encounter in the area. As soon as we arrived here, we thwarted a group of the bandits plaguing the Levetons and then defeated a larger group of them encamped to the south on the Thorn River. We learned that the bandits in the region apparently answer to one who calls himself the ‘Stag Lord.’ Our group has had several adventures exploring the Greenbelt over the past several weeks, and just recently Karthas and some of our other companions learned from a band of grigs the location of the Stag Lord’s fort, several days ride to the south on the Tuskwater Lake. Unfortunately, our other companions were called away by various other duties, and I’ve realized that my gifts do not really lend themselves toward exploration, which just leaves Karthas and Euron,” Berenkor points toward the older outdoorsman, "to complete the tasks set forth by the rulers of Restov.”

”So that’s our tale in a nutshell. Does that meet with your satisfaction?” Berenkor asks Yelena.

”And what of you, Lady Elf? What brings you to the Greenbelt, if I may ask?” Berenkor asks Suny.


Male Human (Varisian/Ulfen) Druid 3

"Ah, mines," Euron nods clearly understanding the lure of a mine to a dwarf.

"I never saw the draw in livin' in a city," the druid begins to grumble. "Seems everyone's always in a rush to get somewhere, and things end up with such an awful stink. It ain't natural for so many people to be crowded in one place."

Euron begins to muse if he were put in charge of a large group of people, then shakes it off, dismissing such thoughts as fancy.

"Dwarves like hills and mountains right? Plenty of those t' be found in the Kamelands and yer hammer is welcome."

Euron kicks up his feet to get more comfortable as he awaits others who may see their posting within Oleg's.


Female Changeling Summoner (First World) 3

Yelena throws her hands in the air. "Why, that sounds like marvelous fun! Certainly not the brouhaha that Twyllyn and Queeg made it sound like. But then again, grigs are catty, gossiping creatures. Not to be trusted with anything serious. They were ranging up and down the Narl talking about some 'un-dirty mortals' who were trying to do good in the area. Tell me, were the bandits as rough as some of the Folk are claiming? That's why I'm here, you know. To see the difference between you and the bandits and let the Folk know if everything is safe." Looking around the trading post-cum-fort, she nods her head in satisfaction. "Yes, I do believe that you are quite different. Which is good, by the way. You have the full blessing of the Folk in killing off those bandits. Would you mind if I helped? I would ever so love to come along."


Init:+4,Perc:+11,AC:17, HP: 30/ 30, Fort:+5,Ref:+10,Wil:+6:Perc+11
Yelena Shukhov wrote:

I'm unfamiliar with that language. Is it from the land of Lahss Vaygus?

Yelena arches an eyebrow. "I'm sorry. I didn't quite catch that. I was addressing this charming gnome as 'Lost One.' After all, they did wander from the fey realm so many millennia ago. I am Yelena. What is your name?"

*Reads own post* *explodes with laughter* And that's what you get for posting first thing in the morning before coffee... It is meant to read 'Elvish' (^_^)

Here's to hoping that little mix up is sorted and that perhaps Yelena does get to understand (^_~)

DM Max wrote:
”And what of you, Lady Elf? What brings you to the Greenbelt, if I may ask?” Berenkor asks Suny.

Suny smiles in response to Berenkor's question and, after she listens politely to Yelena's introduction and explanation, she replies,

"Ah....well...that be a little hard t'explain fer me..." She frowns slightly.

"Y'see, I have this hankerin' fer somat, a way o' doin' a thing...and...well...comin' all-a-way t'here seems t'be part o th' draw o' such things..." She sighs, then brightens.

"As fer me appellation? Th' best way th' words come across be 'Suny'!" She exclaims brightly. (^_^)


Male Dwarf Bard (savage skald) 3

"Is anything else specific known about this Stag Lord? It would be very rude, not to mention potentially suicidal, if we were to simply show up on his doorstep uninvited and complete strangers."


Female Changeling Summoner (First World) 3

"Do we know his skills? His habits? His associates and friends? His favorite color?"


Male Human (Varisian/Ulfen) Druid 3

Euron scratches behind his ear as he considers Edrukk and Yelena's questions.

"Ye'd love to come along then, miss...?" the druid nods at her spear, wondering how proficient she is in her use, or if her otherworldly looks hint at other talents.

"I can't say I know much about this Stag Man. He's not my lord, and I don't think he's earned any right to be called that. Y'know, I don't think the old group discussed much of a plan on how to deal with him. I reckon we just were going to show up on his doorstep one day and let all Nine Hells break loose."

Euron looks to Karthas to see if the barbarian knows any more than he does.


Yelena Shukhov wrote:
Looking around the trading post-cum-fort, she nods her head in satisfaction. "Yes, I do believe that you are quite different. Which is good, by the way. You have the full blessing of the Folk in killing off those bandits. Would you mind if I helped? I would ever so love to come along."

”Why yes! I believe that would be a marvelous idea!” Berenkor exclaims, relieved by Yelena’s reaction. Kesten Garess and Stefan also look relieved and take their hands from their sheathed weapons. ”You should discuss the particulars with Karthas and Euron, here,” Berenkor adds, indicating the two outdoorsmen at the other table.

'Suny' wrote:
"As fer me appellation? Th' best way th' words come across be 'Suny'!" She exclaims brightly.

”Indeed! A name as bright and cheerful as your disposition, I see,” Berenkor replies with a beaming smile.

”Well, if you ladies wish to help us deal with the Stag Lord, I should introduce you to Karthas and Euron,” Berenkor says, motioning to get the attention of the two outdoorsmen. ”Karthas! Euron! Allow me to introduce you to Yelena and Suny. They may be able to help you.”

”What’s this? New adventurers to replace the ones who left?” the large red-haired man identified as Oleg exclaims, walking over to the tables. ”If that’s what you are, then you’re welcome here at the trading post. I’m Oleg, by the way. Oleg Leveton. Svetlana! Bring these good folk some lunch, please,” he calls to his wife.

”So, when are you going after the Stag Lord?” Oleg asks, immediately cutting to the chase.


Female Changeling Summoner (First World) 3

"Miss Shukhov! But you can call me Yelena. And yes, I would love to come along! It will be most exciting." She scratches her cheek, her finger-talon making a rather loud scratch scratch against her skin. "We could see if anyone else hates him. He sounds like he has lots of ruffians for friends, so it only makes sense that we try to get more friends on our side. We just need to go looking for them."

Yelena lights up at the introduction from Berenkor. "Even more new friends! I don't know when we could go after this Stag Lord fellow. Probably after we're strong enough to beat him up in a fight. Or kill him. I guess it kind of depends on our mood at the time. You never know. Oooh, can I help with the food?" Yelena stands up and follows Svetlana toward the main house, grinning with excitement.


Init:+4,Perc:+11,AC:17, HP: 30/ 30, Fort:+5,Ref:+10,Wil:+6:Perc+11

Suny wanders along beside the 'pointy' woman, swinging her long, oil-cloth wrapped item up onto her shoulders as she does so.

Coming to a halt in front of Karthas and Euron she awaits to be addressed by these new introductions, the bundle again swinging around to become something upon which to lean nonchalantly.


Male Kellid Human Barbarian 2 / Rogue (Scout) 2
Euron Kelredis wrote:

"I can't say I know much about this Stag Man. He's not my lord, and I don't think he's earned any right to be called that. Y'know, I don't think the old group discussed much of a plan on how to deal with him. I reckon we just were going to show up on his doorstep one day and let all Nine Hells break loose."

Euron looks to Karthas to see if the barbarian knows any more than he does.

"Good to meet you Yelena and Suny." Karthas says mustering what few social graces he has.

"That sounds about right, Euron. I don't believe we really had a plan of attack other than continuing to keep hitting his groups out in the greenbelt so that he wouldn't have too many others with him at his fort."

The Kellid continues on, addressing the newcomers, "While I am certainly not opposed to having you join us, I would like to know what your capabilities are...its always good to know the abilities of your allies."


Fem Elf Bard 3
Euron Kelredis wrote:

"Good to meet you Yelena and Suny." Karthas says mustering what few social graces he has.

"That sounds about right, Euron. I don't believe we really had a plan of attack other than continuing to keep hitting his groups out in the greenbelt so that he wouldn't have too many others with him at his fort."

The Kellid continues on, addressing the newcomers, "While I am certainly not opposed to having you join us, I would like to know what your capabilities are...its always good to know the abilities of your allies."

Suny grins,

"I'm a dancer!" (^_^)


Female Changeling Summoner (First World) 3

Yelena stops following Svetlana toward the main house when she overhears Karthas. "I'm a summoner- or bonded, or whatever it is called in these parts. I have a special connection with a planar outsider and some spellcasting ability. Most of my abilities are designed to dazzle and confuse the senses or provide protection from blows. My eidolon does most of the fighting on my behalf. I would summon him, but he made me promise not to apparate him while I was here. He said something about how people smelled." Yelena smirks and tries to hide it, poorly. "But what about you? What is it that you... do?"


Male Dwarf Bard (savage skald) 3

"I suppose you could say I can do a bit of everything. Storytelling, inspiring others in battle, smashing foes with my hammer, a decent amount of magic, pulling random information of out thin air. I've been around a while, and have a lot of tricks up my sleeve."


Male Human (Varisian/Ulfen) Druid 3

Eurons face does little to hide his surprise as both Edrukk and Yelena reference their abilities to weave magic of different sorts.

"Y'shouldn't be afraid to summon forth yer companion, if he's gonna be travelin' with us, we should all meet him, regardless of how we smell."

The druid chuckles, as his wolf yawns and rolls over in the sun.

"See, Niko there would often complain about how some o' our last companions smelled - said somethin' about them bathing too often and their clean skin smelled more dead than alive."

Clearing his throat, Euron turns to address Suny.

"Dancin' eh?"

He nods to her weapons.

"I hope somethin' like blade dancin'?"


Init:+4,Perc:+11,AC:17, HP: 30/ 30, Fort:+5,Ref:+10,Wil:+6:Perc+11

Suny's sword is currently all wrapped up and protected in oiled canvas and such, but, yeah, guessing it's some sort of blade wouldn't be too far off the mark.

Suny smiles at Euron question,

"Aye, this be th' center of my world." So saying she folds down and begins to reverently unwrap the bundle. As the oiled cloth and canvas comes away a beautifully crafted Elven Curved-blade is revealed.

Absently, Suny reaches out and scratches at Niko, she lifts the sword with her other hand happy to display her treasure for all to see.

"I see ye've a doggy too!" She grins, "So...are we t'be settlin' in fer th' night? I could set me things up an' maybe put on'a show?" She asks.


Male Dwarf Bard (savage skald) 3

"A show is always good. Once it's too dark for you to show that off, I can spin some of my stories, and see long it takes to put everyone to sleep."


Init:+4,Perc:+11,AC:17, HP: 30/ 30, Fort:+5,Ref:+10,Wil:+6:Perc+11

Suny laughs, still rubbing Niko's sun warmed tummy,

"I dun't mind dancin' in'a dark. I've me own lights t'add if'n I needs to." She stands fluidly, sword sweeping up to rest across her shoulders as she drapes the now unfolded cloth and leather over an arm.

"I'll get me stuff an' set up then!" So saying, she scampers off to the barn where her gear is stowed.


Male Human (Varisian/Ulfen) Druid 3

Euron turns to Karthas.

"Well, what do y'think? Five should be enough to head out again on the morrow, and it feels like ages since we've been ranging."


Female Changeling Summoner (First World) 3

"Tomorrow would be most wonderful! Where have you been so far? Have you seen anything interesting? Have you had to kill anything?"


Init:+4,Perc:+11,AC:17, HP: 30/ 30, Fort:+5,Ref:+10,Wil:+6:Perc+11

After but a few moments Suny comes racing back, sword still across her shoulders, though now an amount of rope and pegs are clutched in her arms.

I dunt think there's enough room for a 'Ten foot square' to be pegged out within he confines of Olegs...?

And she skips outside the gates away to give herself enough room to set out her place.

She drives one peg into the ground, pulls the inter-connecting piece of rope tight and drives in the second. There's a piece of string and rope which she pulls tight to mark a triangle that places the third peg's distance. Once this is in she simply un-loops the string and pulls the two ropes tight creating a ten foot square.

All the while she's been placing her pegs, the elven sword has been shifting and swinging about her shoulders, moving to be propped against her side when both hands are used to drive the pegs home.

Finished, she stands and absently brushes her hands together, while leaning upon the sheathed sword.

"There! All done!" She grins happily at her work, before skipping back inside Olegs and seeing about helping out where ever she can....though it takes a slight seeming reminding that she is still carrying said sword. At this, she giggles and blushes before settling the blade down between her two resting dogs and returning to help out with things.


Male Kellid Human Barbarian 2 / Rogue (Scout) 2
Euron Kelredis wrote:


Euron turns to Karthas.

"Well, what do y'think? Five should be enough to head out again on the morrow, and it feels like ages since we've been ranging."

"Agreed, five should be enough. We'll leave in the morning. Suny, Yelena, Edrukk...welcome to the expedition."

Yelena Shukhov wrote:
""Tomorrow would be most wonderful! Where have you been so far? Have you seen anything interesting? Have you had to kill anything?"

Karthas pulls out the map of the Greenbelt and what the Chartered Six had explored prior to their dissolution.

"We've had to kill a few things, mostly bandits though. We have even given a few of those a chance to repent and change their ways, a story that is pretty close to my own heart, but that's a story for another time."

"Let's see what else has there been...hmmm... there were the Mites and their pet centepede, a pair of werewolves, a crazed bear, a kobold shaman...Oh what did Eseldra say he was, I believe she said that he was a summoner, like you, Yelena. Did I miss anything, Euron?"


Female Changeling Summoner (First World) 3

Have they all been cleared, or just explored?


Male Kellid Human Barbarian 2 / Rogue (Scout) 2

I think all of the hexes that have been shaded in have been explored and cleared, but I will defer to Max on that one.


Female Changeling Summoner (First World) 3

"You have been busy! Where were you planning on going next?"


Male Kellid Human Barbarian 2 / Rogue (Scout) 2

"I was thinking that we'd head just southwest of the hot springs, and explore eastward from there until we run into that bridge." he says, pointing at the bridge. in hex E5 "After that? Who knows, we'll see how things are going at that point. Euron you have any other thoughts on the matter?"


Init:+4,Perc:+11,AC:17, HP: 30/ 30, Fort:+5,Ref:+10,Wil:+6:Perc+11

Suny ambles over and looks/listens in on the conversation folks are having. She kneels and ruffles Niko's fur, rubbing gently behind/between the wolf's ears.


Female Changeling Summoner (First World) 3

"Sounds great to me. Is there a place I could bed for the night?" She turns to Oleg for some direction.


Male Human (Varisian/Ulfen) Druid 3

Niko let's out a low pleasing sigh, and Euron gives the wolf a quizzical look.

"Don't get too used to those rub-downs, y'spoiled mutt!"

Bringing his attention back to the map, he nods his agreement. "Aye, south o'the Hotsprings seems like a good step, we can sweep eastward to the bridge, and if we think we're ready, we can take a look at the Stag Man's so-called fort."


Male Dwarf Bard (savage skald) 3

"I'll follow your lead, as you know the area better. Have you been traveling on horse or by foot? If it's been by horse, I may need to acquire one if I can from Oleg before I go to bed."


Karthas wrote:
I think all of the hexes that have been shaded in have been explored and cleared, but I will defer to Max on that one.

Yes, the colored-in areas show the extent of the group's previous explorations (note: the Chartered Six traveled through part of Hex 6F, but have not fully explored that hex).

Note also that links to the Greenbelt Hex Map and the Calendar may be found now on our Campaign Info page, along with the rules for exploration and other campaign-specific information.


”Well, there you go! Looks like you’ve found some worthy additions to the group,” Berenkor says to Karthas and Euron. ”Now if you’ll excuse me, I promised Madame Hardesty that I’d help her finish refining her distillery - she insists that her ‘medicine’ hasn’t been quite right since the bandits dismantled her equipment. I’ll see you all this evening. Do give some thought to a new name for your group,” the gnome adds as he departs through the gate.

”Aye. And I’ll send a letter to the Swordlords with the next post to Restov,” Kesten Garess announces as he takes his leave from the group. ”They’ll be interested to know who’s working under their charter now. And don’t forget the new one they gave you calling for the head of the Stag Lord,” he reminds Karthas. ”I’ve got to see to the finishing touches to the jail. I look forward to seeing your performance this evening,” he adds, bowing his head to Suny.

”A show and stories sound good,” Oleg exclaims. ”Since you’re joining up with Karthas and Euron you’re all welcome to stay in the guest house. The bunks are clean and the meals are free. Just let me know if you need any equipment before you head out in the morning. It just so happens that Master Harther left three horses with me this morning - asked me to give them to anyone who joined up with Karthas and Euron if they were needed.”

The afternoon passes uneventfully, with the new companions getting to know each other and discussing their plans for their coming foray into the Narlmarches. The occasional trader or trapper passes through the post, deals with Oleg, and heads on their way. As evening approaches Berenkor returns, accompanied by an elderly woman and two young women (obviously twins) whom Berenkor introduces as Nell Hardesty and her granddaughters, Vala and Vanna. Kesten Garess also joins the gathering, although his men remain posted outside the trading post.

Svetlana and Vianne Hardesty, Ol' Nell’s eldest granddaughter, serve a fine meal of roast venison with spring vegetables accompanied by Oleg’s homebrew. Nell Hardesty supplies a jug of her ‘medicine’ for the newcomers to sample, and even Edrukk agrees that the stuff could put hair on a dwarf’s chest. The evening passes in jovial companionship, with the group awed by Suny’ blade-dancing skills and entertained by Edrukk’s stories. Feel free to roleplay the evening festivities if you wish.

The companions spend a restful night within the comfort of Oleg’s small guesthouse and awaken to a clear yet chill Spring morning. The mouthwatering aroma of a hearty breakfast being prepared by Svetlana and Vianne greets the companions as they exit the guesthouse.


Init:+4,Perc:+11,AC:17, HP: 30/ 30, Fort:+5,Ref:+10,Wil:+6:Perc+11

As the evening sky deepens and the tapestry of stars begins to sprinkle the sky. Suny walks out into her prepared space. With a slight gesture four small orbs of light blink into existence at each corner. Throwing a soft, cool radiance over her as she steps into the center of the square -the great sword resting across her shoulders as every one has seen previously.

Slowly then, she starts to sway, her balance shifting, a slow undulation as she begins to move to sounds only she can hear.

The tempo of her moments quickly increases and as her body undulates the great sword as well swings free, the span turning, twirling and gyrating. Moving as but an extension of herself.

For a good ten minutes the brown skinned Elf turns, twirls, spins and gyrates. As her complex mix of dance and sword 'kata' swish of moving limbs grace the practice pace. The interesting thing is the lass' control of the long, fine length of silvery steel using only one hand as her other waves and counter balances her movements. Something which seems both amazing and incongruousness in some one so lithe and slim.

Dance: 'Take Ten = 15'

Those who know combat realize that the Elven maid was definitely not holding anything back, not limiting her blows. Should any one have entered the space in which the sword was being swung, some serious wounds or damage would have been dealt.

Damage Dice= 1d10+1

At the end of her performance, the lights wink out and she stands, panting slightly as her eyes open, and she glances about at those that might be watching and offers up a grin before disappearing back into the barn and settling in to sleep under her blankets with her two riding dogs.

*Bows*


Male Dwarf Bard (savage skald) 3

After lunch, Edrukk will tend to his equipment and introduce himself to his new horse, naming it Patience if it doesn't already have a name, before giving the trading post and it's defenses a once over, letting Kesten know ahead of time so that if the man wished, he or one of his men could accompany the dwarf. Having done some training in that department, and knowing that his plans worked out, he would have to implement his training directly, this was a good an opportunity as any to hone his skills. Taking 10 on Knowledge (engineering) gives him an 18. After both admiring the strengths and pointing out a few lingering weak spots, he settles down in the main area with his tools, making replacement crossbow bolts and telling stories and jokes to any cared to listen. After a fine supper during which his only complaint was the lack of a proper dwarven lass, he settles in for a night of entertainment before retiring for what promises to be an interesting journey.


Female Changeling Summoner (First World) 3

Yelena only nibbles at the food, explaining away her lack of appetite as being nervous in anticipation of tomorrow. "They purposely cooked perfectly good meat. There isn't even any blood left. How absurd!" She enjoys the company of the trading post, awkwardly attempting to establish rapport with the other occupants, but making up for ignorance with enthusiasm.

After watching a delightful display of dance - "I dance that way when I've had too many old apples" she whispers to her neighbor - Yelena settles down in her bed for the evening and rests peacefully for all of five minutes before crawling underneath the bed, then falling asleep.


Suny's audience applauds enthusiastically as her peformance comes to an end. "I want to learn how to do that!" young Vala Hardesty can be heard exclaiming to her twin sister Vanna.

"She certainly knows how to wield that blade," Kesten Garess comments to Karthas and Euron. "She should make a fine addition to your group. I almost feel sorry for any bandits who wind up on the wrong end of her sword."

Yelena Shukhov wrote:
"I dance that way when I've had too many old apples" she whispers to her neighbor.

"Aye. I used t' dance that way meself back in th' day," Ol' Nell Hardesty comments wistfully to Yelena, taking a pull from her jug of 'medicine.'


What route would you like to take to get to Hex B5 to begin your explorations?


Male Kellid Human Barbarian 2 / Rogue (Scout) 2

Let's go south through the old bandit camp, pass through the Temple of Erastil, then the Hot Springs and finally to B5.


Female Changeling Summoner (First World) 3

^ +1


Init:+4,Perc:+11,AC:17, HP: 30/ 30, Fort:+5,Ref:+10,Wil:+6:Perc+11

^ +1 to visiting the Hot springs! (^_^)

Come the morning Suny wakes early, rises packing away her 'camp' within the barn. Then she dresses by simply draping her shirt about her shoulders and tying a larger shirt about her waist as a skirt. With her great blade strapped across her back, she uses a small amount time to jog around the walls of the fort in the company of her two dogs. Once exercised, she liberally uses her arcane talents to clean herself and her doggy's (Prestidigitation FTW!).

She saunters back inside and settles the dogs down in a spot which will get a good amount of morning sun and leaves her sword in their protection, before wandering over and offering to help Svetlana with anything.

The bouncing, excited Elven lass tend to need slight constant reminding though of what task she's been given as she scampers about chirping a good morning to every one she sees also arising on this fresh new day. (^_^)


DM’s Eyes Only:
C2e: 1d100 ⇒ 50; 1d100 ⇒ 68
C3e: 1d100 ⇒ 98; 1d100 ⇒ 35
C3c: 1d100 ⇒ 77; 1d100 ⇒ 85

2,701 to 2,750 of 3,019 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Sully's Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.