Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Sully's Kingmaker (Inactive)

Game Master Max Hellspont


2,401 to 2,450 of 3,019 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>

Female Human (Varisian) Oracle 2

Cinders will start at T22.

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17


Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

GIANT:
"Of course Tartuk didn't warn you about us. He has betrayed you and sent you to us as a sacrifice. I would accept his sacrifice, but I would rather eat him instead of you, and this Manunk who doubts me and my power. This is your last chance. Sacrifice Manunk to me and bow down, and I will spare your lives. Don't, and I will enjoy feasting on your flesh."

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Eseldra will delay until she sees an enemy before deciding what to do. I assume you can't fire a bow and concentrate on an illusion at the same time?


Male Human Paladin: 2

Starting in R23 please.

Round 1
Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Correct you are, it would be the breastplate.

Fumbling with the armor for just a moment, Hiram's eyes go wide as he recognizes that he knows exactly nothing about putting on this armor, and that he is about to face unknown enemies with nothing more than a shield.

"Well shucks, should'a practiced a'fore now!"

He leaves the breast plate on the ground at his feet, grabs his weapons, and moves toward Tyr to assist him putting on his armor.

"Which buckle and such goes where?"

EDIT: Typo


Male Human (Varisian/Ulfen) Druid 3

Euron probably wandered over to Karthas, so put him around N-18

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Euron wanders over towards Karthas, swinging his wooden shield around to his back, while carrying his ranseur at the ready.


Male Human Cleric 2

Jamison strides quickly toward Hiram, continuing his prrayers to Old Deadeye as he does so. He lightly lays a hand upon Hiram's shoulder, embuing him with Erastil's protection.

Deadeye be with ya in the moments ahead, ol' friend.

Jamison casts Shield Of Faith on Hiram. It should last through any decently long conflict. +2 Deflection bonus to AC.

Init: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Kamelands Campsite

Rolling Tyr's Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

Initiatives:
Hiram: 19
Eseldra: 14
Karthas: 13
?: 9
Jamison: 7+
Tyr: 7
Euron: 6
Cinders: 5

Remember, the woods and hillsides surrounding the campsite are still covered in the darkness of night. Currently the only light is provided by your campfire. Also, the horses and prisoners are making quite a bit of noise in their fright.

Round One Summary:

Seeing Tyr struggling to quickly don his chainmail, and unfamiliar with the intricacies of donning his own new breastplate, Hiram drops his armor to the ground, hefts his shield, and moves to assist Tyr.

"Naturligtvis Tartuk inte varnade dig om oss. Han har svikit dig och sänt dig till oss som ett offer. jag skulle acceptera hans offer, men jag skulle hellre äta honom istället för dig, och detta Manunk som tvivlar mig och min makt . Detta är din sista chans. Offer Manunk till mig och buga, och jag skall skona era liv. inte, och jag kommer att njuta kalasar på ditt kött," the voice of the magenta giant that was Eseldra booms loudly toward the forest to the north.

Weapon drawn, Karthas stands ready, listening for movement in the darkness surrounding the campsite.

DM's Eyes Only:
Ksm: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Psm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Msm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

for Euron, Cinders, Eseldra, and Jamison:
Eseldra's words elicit no response from the forest, but you hear the distinctive sounds of something large moving through the darkness-shrouded woods to the east.

for Euron:
In addition to the movement to the east, you also hear the sound of something large moving through the woods to the west, as well as the sounds of what seems to be rocks knocking together somewhere north of the magenta giant.

Jamison steps over to Hiram and casts a shielding spell on the young paladin.

Tyr works on donning his chainmail with Hiram's assistance.

Euron moves to stand near Karthas, ranseur and shield at the ready. Niko stands guard near Ol' Nell and Vianne.

Cinders stands protectively near the Hardesty girls, attempting to calm them of their fright while their grandmother continues to snore loudly.

Begin Round Two

DM's Eyes Only:
Ms: 1d20 + 8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 5 = 21
Ps: 1d20 + 5 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 5 + 4 = 22
Ks: 1d20 + 4 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 5 + 4 = 17


Round Two:

"Thanks" Tyr mumbles as Hiram helps him shimmy and jiggle into his armour of choice.

So...how many rounds will the help cut down on the 'loading time'? ;)


Male Kellid Human Barbarian 1 / Rogue (Scout) 2

Round 2:

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Karthas continues to stand ready, sword in hand, waiting...


Male Human Paladin: 2

The most important thing Hiram can do right now, is get Tyr in his armor. Full round action!


"Horse $@#%! I don't think they're buying it anymore."

She steps out of the illusion back to T16, letting the giant fade away as she readies an acid dart for the first creature that appears.

Touch attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Human (Varisian/Ulfen) Druid 3

"Aye lass, although ye had me fooled for a moment." Euron adds.

"Sounds like at least three o'em. One to the west, east n' north."

Euron holds a dirty finger to his mouth and let's out a wild whistle, hoping to summon his mount.

Handle Animal DC10: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

As Tunica approaches, Euron climbs onto the majestic elk, using the shaft of his ranseur to spring himself up.

Ride (to mount as free action) DC20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Looks like a move action to mount, then.

Once upon Tunica's bare back, the druid leans down and touches his mount, and whispers a few words.

Cast Magic Fang with remaining standard action. I'm probably bareback, as I assume Euron would take off any saddle on Tunica during the night, so -5 penalty to any upcoming Ride checks.


Male Human Cleric 2

Round 2

Jamison moves to the center of the group, raising his hands and calling out in a firm voice devoid of anxiety.

With Erastil's blessing, let's go forward 'n conquer his enemies. All of 'em, like.

Move Action: Move to the center of the group to catch as many allies as possible.

Standard Action: Cast Bless (+1 to attack rolls and will saves vs. Fear effects)

DM Max wrote:
Remember, the woods and hillsides surrounding the campsite are still covered in the darkness of night. Currently the only light is provided by your campfire. Also, the horses and prisoners are making quite a bit of noise in their fright.

Actually, on my first post of this page, prior to entering initiative, Jamison cast Light on his axe. I wasn't very obvious about it, sorry about that.


Tyr Thordinsjon wrote:

"Thanks" Tyr mumbles as Hiram helps him shimmy and jiggle into his armour of choice.

So...how many rounds will the help cut down on the 'loading time'? ;)

Okay, so according to the rules having help doesn't really cut down on the donning time if you are donning hastily (it will still take a total of 10 rounds, and your AC and check penalty will be 1 worse than normal). Having assistance DOES cut in half the amount of time it takes to fully don your armor properly - in the case of chainmail, it reduces the time from 4 minutes (40 rounds) to 2 minutes (20 rounds). Sorry!


Kamelands Campsite

DM’s Eyes Only:
H: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
E: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
J: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
T: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Eu: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
C: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

Round Two Summary:

Hiram continues to assist Tyr with his chainmail.

Realizing that the ‘ogres’ in the woods are no longer falling for her deception, Eseldra allows her illusion to fade and steps back toward her companions while preparing to fire an acid dart at the first enemy to appear.

Karthas continues to wait, weapon at the ready.

for Eseldra, Jamison, and Tyr:
You hear the muffled but distinct sounds of something large moving through the darkness-shrouded wooded hillsides flanking your campsite to the east and to the west. You also hear the muffled sounds of something moving closer through the forest to the north, but as yet you cannot see anything.

Jamison steps to the center of the group and invokes Erastil’s blessing for his companions and himself.

Tyr continues to struggle into his chainmail with Hiram’s assistance.

Euron summons Tunica over and climbs atop the majestic elk, casting a spell on the creature to increase its skill in the pending combat.

Cinders continues to stand protectively near the Hardesty women.

Begin Round Three:
Initiatives:
Hiram: 19
Eseldra: 14
Karthas: 13
?: 9
Jamison: 7+
Tyr: 7
Euron: 6
Cinders: 5

Party Effects: Bless (+1 to attack rolls and saves vs. fear)

Remember, the woods and hillsides surrounding the campsite are still covered in the darkness of night. Currently the only light is provided by your campfire and Jamison's axe. Also, the horses and prisoners are making quite a bit of noise in their fright.

DM's Eyes Only:
Ms: 1d20 + 8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 5 = 17
Ps: 1d20 + 5 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 5 + 4 = 21
Ks: 1d20 + 4 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 5 + 4 = 29


Round Three:

Literally countin' 'em down and sweating inside this bundle of metal trouble...

Tyr's breathing gets a little faster, but he does not swear or other wise let his emotions show.

"I just realised, stuck half-way in this, there's no way to at least die with a sword in my hand..." He tries to quip at the predicament life is finding him in, "Still, it could be worse, I could be fighting to get into my pants..."


"It might help to scare them off."

Giant:
"After all, we all know that ogres have tiny di&$@!"
she shouts.

Ready to fire again. 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 = 24; damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Kellid Human Barbarian 1 / Rogue (Scout) 2

Round 3:

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Karthas continues to stand ready, waiting to strike down any foe that comes into view.


for Eseldra:
With your low-light vision, you catch glimpses through the trees of three large creatures moving closer to the camp from the north (currently occupying squares QR-5,6), from the east (currently occupying squares ZAA-8,9), and from the west (currently occupying squares EF-9,10). You can't see them clearly due to the trees and underbrush, but from what you can make out they appear to be large, hulking humanoids swathed in dark, ragged cloth. They move rather nimbly for creatures of their size. They do not realize that you can see them. Unfortunately they are all currently out of range of your acid dart.

for Karthas:
You hear the muffled but distinct sounds of something large moving closer through the forest to the north, but as yet you cannot see anything.

Both of you may alter your Round 3 actions if you wish.

Round Three (so far):
Initiatives:
Hiram: 19 - Hiram continues to assist Tyr with his chainmail, the young paladin struggling to be more help than hindrance.
Eseldra: 14 - May need to alter action.
Karthas: 13 - May need to alter action.
?: 9
Jamison: 7+
Tyr: 7
Euron: 6
Cinders: 5


Eseldra moves as if to free the prisoners, then casts a Mage hand to disturb some bushes to the east like there's somebody trying to sneak up on that creature. She draws her dagger as she moves.


Male Kellid Human Barbarian 1 / Rogue (Scout) 2

Without a verified target...no change.


DM's Eyes Only:
Ma: 1d20 + 3 - 10 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 10 = -1; 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Msniping: 1d20 + 8 + 5 - 20 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 5 - 20 = 8
H: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
J: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
T: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Eu: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
C: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

Round Three (continued):

for Eseldra:
The cloaked creature moving through the trees to the east casts suspicious glances toward the rustling in the bushes, but continues to move slowly and stealthily south toward the prisoners (now in squares ZAA-12,13). From the corner of your eye, you catch a glimpse of the figure in the forest to the north emerge from behind a tree to lob a boulder at Tyr, and then duck back behind the tree. The figure to the west also moves stealthily toward the horses.

A small boulder flies from the darkness-enshrouded forest at the northern end of the campsite, just beyond the firelight. The stony missile flies high over the heads of Tyr and Hiram to crash into one of the wagons.

Turning to follow the source of the missile, everyone sees a telltale movement in the trees to the north in the dim light provided by the campfire (movement is in squares QR-5,6).

Jamison, Tyr, Euron, and Cinders are up, then top of Round Four with Hiram, Eseldra, and Karthas.


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle 2

Cinders will cast shield of faith on herself, then draw her scimitar.


Still 'getting dressed'...

"Uhm...what was that?" Tyr asks, his head still under the chain-mail suit as he continues to wriggle into it.

Next Level, definately getting 'Endurance'... :P


Male Human (Varisian/Ulfen) Druid 3

Euron reaches into a pouch at his side and pulls out one of the bullets he would normally use in his sling.

Reaching into another pouch, he produces a small firefly. Light flickers from the insect's abdomen briefly while the druid quietly mouths the words to a spell. The sling bullet - nothing more than a smooth pebble begins to grow brightly as he hurls it into the wooded area near the animals.

Standard Action: Cast Light on a Sling Bullet

Move Action: Toss it towards C-13 or thereabout.


Male Human Cleric 2

Bellowing like a man with nothing to lose, Jamison jogs toward the source of the movement. To Q-11, please.


Kamelands Campsite

Round Three Summary:

Hiram continues to assist Tyr with his chainmail, the young paladin struggling to be more help than hindrance.

Eseldra moves toward the prisoners and draws her dagger, surreptitiously casting a spell to distract the large creature moving through the darkened woods on the eastern hillside.

Karthas continues to stand ready, waiting to strike down any foe that comes into view.

A small boulder flies from the darkness-enshrouded forest at the northern end of the campsite, just beyond the firelight. The stony missile flies high over the heads of Tyr and Hiram to crash into one of the wagons. Turning to follow the source of the missile, everyone sees a telltale movement in the trees to the north in the dim light provided by the campfire (movement is in squares QR-5,6).

With a loud bellow, Jamison jogs toward the source of the movement in the trees. The light from his enspelled axe fails to illuminate the hidden attacker.

Tyr continues to struggle into his chainmail with Hiram's assistance, not even seeing the boulder that flew over his head.

Euron pulls a sling bullet from his pouch and casts a spell of illumination upon the stone before flinging it toward the wooded hillside to the west. The druid's stone reveals a hulking humanoid cloaked in ragged cloth, with malformed tumorous arms ending in claws the length of scythe blades. From beneath its rags droop lengths of loose flesh. The creature bellows in surprise at being revealed.

Cinders casts a shielding spell upon herself and draws her scimitar.

Begin Round Four:
Initiatives:
Hiram: 19
Eseldra: 14
Karthas: 13
Creatures: 9
Jamison: 7+
Tyr: 7
Euron: 6
Cinders: 5

Spells in effect:
Party: Bless (+1 morale bonus to attacks and saves vs. fear)
Cinders: Shield of Faith (+2 deflection bonus to AC)
Eseldra: Prestidigitation; Mage Hand (duration = concentration)
Euron: Magic Fang (Tunica - +1 enhancement bonus to attacks and damage on one natural weapon); Light
Hiram: Shield of Faith (+2 deflection bonus to AC)
Jamison: Light


Male Kellid Human Barbarian 1 / Rogue (Scout) 2

I've pretty well lost track of time. Are we still on the same day that we rescued Ol'Nell and the girls or has a day passed?


You rescued Ol' Nell and the girls on Starday, Pharast 30. You are now in the early morning hours (around 4:30 AM or so) of Moonday, Gozran 2. So nearly two days have passed (nothing really happened on Gozran 1).


Eseldra will take half a second to decide which prisoner would be the most considerate of his fellows, cut that guy free, drop the dagger, and say, "Free your friends."

Then she backs away thirty feet.


Male Kellid Human Barbarian 1 / Rogue (Scout) 2

Thank you.

Round 4, Initiative 13

Karthas moves to attack the intruder, trying to avoid the creature's talons on the way in, enters a rage and then slashes at the hideous giant with his greatsword.

Move to G-14

Acrobatics:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Attack:1d20 + 6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 1 + 1 = 7 (rage, power attack, bless)
Damage:2d6 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3) + 7 + 3 = 15 (power attack)

WOW! those are some crappy rolls...


Pictures of the creatures threatening the party

Round Four (so far):
Initiatives:
Hiram: 19 - Hasn't acted yet

Eseldra: 14 - Eseldra cuts the bonds of one of the prisoners, drops a dagger at his feet as she instructs him to free his fellows, and then backs away.

Karthas: 13 - Karthas rushes the hideous giant, barely dodging a wild swing of the creature's scythe-like claws as he approaches. The Kellid enters a ferocious rage as he slashes his greatsword at his enemy. Unfortunately he stumbles over a loose rock, nearly losing his footing as his blade goes wide of its mark.

Creatures: 9
Jamison: 7+
Tyr: 7
Euron: 6
Cinders: 5


Male Human Paladin: 2

Frustrated, Hiram starts buckling and straping Tyr into his armor for all he is worth.

"Dangnabbit! How many buckles and such this thing have? Girls, get over here and help so I can lend a hand in the fightin'!"

Spend the rest of round 4 helping Tyr, and if one of the girls comes over, I will move to engage the huge nasty thing.


Round Four (continued):

Hiram continues to buckle and strap Tyr into his armor, calling for the Hardesty girls to come and help.

Seeing the hideous giant threatening the camp, the Hardesty twins are too frightened to move and huddle within their bedrolls. However, their older sister Vianne summons the courage to heed Hiram's call and rushes over to assist Tyr with his armor (freeing Hiram to engage the enemy next round) . Ol' Nell continues to snore loudly.

Within the illumination provided by Euron's sling bullet, the companions see the scythe-like claws of Karthas' foe slash down at him...
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 - Karthas HIT
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 - Karthas HIT
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

... grievously wounding the barbarian.

To the north, another small boulder comes flying out of the trees toward Jamison...
Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 4 = 2 - Jamison MISS
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

... but the missile flies harmlessly overhead to land on the far side of the campfire.

DM's Eyes Only:
Ks: 1d20 + 4 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 5 + 4 = 17
Ka1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26; 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11
Ka2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24; 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6
Confirma1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23; 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

for Eseldra:
Just beyond the edge of the firelight, you see the eastern giant step forward and slice its scythe-like claws at the bandit that you just freed. Before the hapless victim can even utter a sound, his body is sliced into multiple pieces which explode apart in a gory mess.

Just beyond the edge of the firelight, the bandit that Eseldra freed explodes apart in a gory mess. Spattered by the flying blood and viscera, his bound companions begin to raise even more of a hue and cry.

Jamison, Tyr, Euron, and Cinders are up, then top of Round Five with Hiram, Eseldra, and Karthas.


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle 2

"Hide behind the wagons," Cinders tells Ol' Nell and the two girls. "May Sarenrae light this dark hour." She moves forward, scimitar held out.

Double move to L14.


Male Human Cleric 2

On your map, Max, what's the kind of bluesih teal color? It's missing from the key, and I'm rushing toward a patch of it. I'm probably going to divert over and try to help Karthas, but I'm just wanting to be sure of my surroundings first.


Jamison Walker wrote:
On your map, Max, what's the kind of bluesih teal color? It's missing from the key, and I'm rushing toward a patch of it. I'm probably going to divert over and try to help Karthas, but I'm just wanting to be sure of my surroundings first.

Sorry about that! It's another one of the deformed giants, but it is currently partially hidden in the dim light and trees (so 20% miss chance in dim light - which will be negated if you go any closer to it since your axe has Light on it - and -4 to hit on ranged attacks due to cover provided by the trees and underbrush).


Male Human Cleric 2

Oh, I don't really DO ranged attacks. :-) BTW guys, I foresee myself dying here. I only hope that Karthas doesn't, too - I trust Cinders to see to him.

Continuing to bellow, Jamison grows to match the creature's size as he runs. (Enlarge Person as a Swift Action, per APG errata this will last until the beginning of my next turn.) The cleric throws himself into the brush, his greataxe cutting a swath through the foliage.

To Hit: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 = 18
Damage: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5, 4) + 4 = 18

Current AC: 14


Kamelands Campsite

Round Four (continued):

With a bellowing cry Jamison rushes foward, growing in size to match the creature hiding in the trees as he swings his illuminated greataxe before him. The light of the spell reveals another creature like the one attacking Karthas as the axe cuts a deep, wide gash in its torso.

Cinders orders the Hardesty women to hide behind the wagons as she rushes toward the beleaguered Karthas.

Tyr and Euron are up, then top of Round Five with Hiram, Eseldra, and Karthas.

Spells in effect:
Party: Bless (+1 morale bonus to attacks and saves vs. fear)
Cinders: Shield of Faith (+2 deflection bonus to AC)
Eseldra: Prestidigitation; Mage Hand (duration = concentration)
Euron: Magic Fang (Tunica - +1 enhancement bonus to attacks and damage on one natural weapon); Light
Hiram: Shield of Faith (+2 deflection bonus to AC)
Jamison: Light; Enlarge Person (until beginning of his turn Round Five)


Round 5:

Eseldra moves towards the creature until she can catch it with a colour spray. Will DC 15.


for Eseldra:
Kachunk's Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Blinded and Stunned for 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds (Rounds 5 and 6), then stunned for 1 additional round.


Male Human Paladin: 2

ROUND 5

Thanking Vianne, Hiram directs her behind Tyr [V17], for safety, and then steps in front of him, in one smooth motion pulling back a target arrow on his bow.

"Ol' Deadeye, I sure would be obliged if you could make this one stick!"

Actions & Rolls:

  • Standard Action: Fire at creature attacking Karthas
  • Free Action: Move to square: T17
  • Move Action: pick up sword in preparation to move next round. "drawing" it from the ground
  • Perception check:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
  • Attack with bow, target arrow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
  • Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
  • Please note: I am not sure if the rules for firing into melee count here or not, as the creature is bigger than Karthas. Please verify if you could. Should be page 184 of the core rulebook.


Male Human (Varisian/Ulfen) Druid 3

Squinting his good eye at the lumbering giant his sling bullet exposed, Euron grins wickedly. "Ah, there y'are ugly!"

With that he whistles softly and spurs Tunica forward to charge at the giant.

Ride DC10: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Stick the elk's upper corner in H-15 right next to Karthas and attack with reach.

Tunica (Gore, Charge, Magic Fang) Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Euron Ranseur Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Euron Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 = 10

Euron cackles like a wild fey as man and elk bear down on the giant-kin.

-2AC until next round due to charge. Forgot the -5 for riding bareback in the Ride roll, but luckily made it, still. Ack, also forgot +1 from Bless!


Kamelands Campsite

Round Four (concluded):

Tyr continues to struggle into his chainmail with Hiram's assistance.

Euron spurs Tunica forward to charge at the deformed giant battling Karthas. The elk's antlers and the druid's ranseur pierce the giant's torso simultaneously, wreaking havoc with the creature's internal organs.

Begin Round Five:

Hiram directs Vianne to take over helping Tyr into his armor. The young paladin then nocks an arrow to his bow and looses the missile toward the giant battling Karthas. Unfortunately the shot goes wide and the arrow flies off into the darkness. He then picks up his sword from the ground.

Eseldra moves to the spot where the freed bandit exploded in a mass of gore, gingerly stepping through the remains. With an arcane word and gesture a vivid cone of clashing colors springs forth from her hand, washing over and illuminating a third as-yet unseen deformed giant hidden in darkness-shrouded hillside on the eastern side of the encampment. The creature is blinded and stunned by the wizard's spell.

Initiatives:
Hiram: 19 - acted
Eseldra: 14 - acted
Karthas: 13
Creatures: 9
Jamison: 7+
Tyr: 7
Euron: 6
Cinders: 5

Spells in effect:
Party: Bless (+1 morale bonus to attacks and saves vs. fear)
Cinders: Shield of Faith (+2 deflection bonus to AC)
Eseldra: Prestidigitation
Euron: Magic Fang (Tunica - +1 enhancement bonus to attacks and damage on one natural weapon); Light
Hiram: Shield of Faith (+2 deflection bonus to AC)
Jamison: Light; Enlarge Person (until beginning of his turn Round Five)


Just in case I'm out tonight when posting comes up again...

ROUND 6:

Stunned too? Sweet! Eseldra grabs the dagger and cuts another prisoner free. "It's stunned. Get your friends out now before it comes to its senses!" Then she takes a five-foot step south, planning on leading the blinded creature away from the prisoners when it comes to its senses.


Male Kellid Human Barbarian 1 / Rogue (Scout) 2

Round 5:

Karthas staggers slightly from the wounds given him by the giant, then swings his blade at the creature again...

Attack:1d20 + 6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 - 1 = 24 (rage, bless, power attack)
Damage:2d6 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (5, 1) + 7 + 3 = 16 (power attack)


Round 5:

"It's only a suit of damn chain links!" Tyr's muffled complaint comes from within the currently hampering folds of metal.

Getting there....*Bows*


Kamelands Campsite

Round Five (continued):

With a mighty swing, Karthas' greatsword slips under the giant's outstretched arm and slices into the creature's chest, puncturing a lung and severing major arteries. The creature falls to the ground with a mighty crash, its faltering breath wheezing as its lungs fill with blood.

With a bellowing roar, the giant battling Jamison slashes at the enlarged priest with its scythe-like claws...
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 - Jamison HIT
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 - Jamison HIT
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

... opening terrible wounds in the priest's arms and chest in a rain of blood.

At the eastern side of the encampment, the giant targeted by Eseldra's spell stands blinded and stunned.

Aided by Vianne, Tyr hurries to finish donning his chainmail.

Jamison, Tyr, and Euron are up, then top of Round Six with Hiram, Eseldra, and Karthas (I already have Eseldra's action for Round Six).

Spells in effect:
Party: Bless (+1 morale bonus to attacks and saves vs. fear)
Cinders: Shield of Faith (+2 deflection bonus to AC)
Eseldra: Prestidigitation
Euron: Magic Fang (Tunica - +1 enhancement bonus to attacks and damage on one natural weapon); Light
Hiram: Shield of Faith (+2 deflection bonus to AC)
Jamison: Light; Enlarge Person (until beginning of his turn Round Five)


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle 2

Seeing the one giant fall, Cinders changes directions and charges straight at the giant attacking Jamison.

Charge to P7. Scimitar: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Critical confirm: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 14
Additional damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 + 2 fire

I'm in the process of moving, so I won't be available for the next couple of days. Feel free to bot Cinders while I'm gone.


My apologies, Cinders! I inadvertently wrote Tyr when I should have written your name in the list of people yet to act in Round Five in my previous post. BTW, good luck with the move - I know that can be quite a chore.

Round Five (continued):

Seeing Karthas dispatch one of the giants with the help of Euron and Tunica, Cinders charges the deformed creature battling Jamison. As she nears the creature it takes a swipe at her with its scythe-like claws...
Attack of Opportunity: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 - Cinders
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

... but the nimble oracle twists away from the mighty blow like a flickering flame.

Undeterred by the attack, Cinders slashes her scimitar at the creature, cutting a deep gash in its thigh. Sorry, no critical hit.

Now it's Jamison and Euron who are up, then the top of Round Six with Hiram and Karthas (I already have Eseldra's action for Round Six).


Male Human (Varisian/Ulfen) Druid 3

Euron grins at Karthas as the giant-kin they are facing topples over. "Well that fella died faster than ol' Tyr could get his armor on!"

Seeing the barbarian already turning on his heel toward another, Euron clicks his tongue and pulls on the elk's horn to turn it back toward the campsite.

Ride DC10 (+5 but -5 for bareback): 1d20 ⇒ 8

Interesting, if I'm reading this right:
Success: you and your mount can attack normally
Failure: only your mount attacks normally

On the bright side, the elk has low-light vision!

Euron directs Tunica to charge clear across the campsite to assist Eseldra (upper right corner of the elk in X-12). Double-move but should be able to charge attack.

Euron struggles a bit without a saddle, as the elk gaits awkwardly chasing down the giant, forcing the druid to work to maintain his balance instead of attack.

Tunica Gore (Charge,Bless,Magic Fang) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Tunica Gore Damage (Magic Fang): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The old druid glares at the giantkin on the western side assaulting the prisoners. "Ye really wish to be messin' with us when we felled yer friend so fast eh fella?"

2,401 to 2,450 of 3,019 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Sully's Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.