Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Sully's Kingmaker (Inactive)

Game Master Max Hellspont


1 to 50 of 3,019 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The banners snap in the wind as a chilly wind blows, the last remnants of winter clinging on as the early spring sun tries to peek out from an overcast sky. The open market in Restov, the largest city in southern Brevoy and the possible the only heart of civilization in the region, is crowded with merchants, pickpockets, beggars, nobles, and others from every walk of life. Though it is unseasonably cold for the 24th day of Calistril people are out in droves, spurred in part by the brisk market trade, but no less by rumors spreading of a grand announcement; one coming from the Regent of the Dragonscale Throne himself, Lord Noleski Surtova.

To understand Restov, and the whole of Rostland, one must think of the way that any colony mimics the land of its forebears. Part rough and tumble frontier town and part cultured center of trade and wealth, Restov is truly the meeting of two worlds. Here merchants brush shoulders with thugs, thieves quietly ply their trade while merchants do much the same with a smile on their faces, all while looking their victims in the eye. The city thrives and breathes, heedless of its dual nature. Some might say in no small part because of its dual nature.

In the center of Market Square stands a wooden stage, which doubles as a gallows as often as it does as a staging ground for less gruesome entertainment. A man, obviously a crier, dressed in livery showing a grey ship over a field of blue below and black above, flanked by two guards lazily carrying halberds and dressed in simple uniforms, slowly makes his way through the parting crowd, clearly making his way towards the stage.

Karthas:

Spoiler:
“Oi, come on, then,” the guard grumbles, shoving you towards the wooden structure in the center of the square. “It's a bloody shame these gallows aren't 'anging anyone today. Oi'd love tae see ye dance in th' wind.” The two guards at your side chuckle at the rough joke.

“Jus' because th' swordlords think you en't all bad don't mean I share the sentiment. I en't convinced that you won't go back to your ol' ways as soon as yer out o' sight o' th' walls.” He spits. “Even seein' ye in one o' th' prison camps, as ye were supposed tae be, is better than...than...jus' letting you bloody go! Ach, come on then. Let's get this over wit'.”

You are led to an area in front of the stage. As you wait, several other people make their way to stand next to you, with a crowd slowly forming around you, eager to hear the words of the crier. First, a female half-elf dressed in studded leather armor and the raiments that mark her as a cleric of Erastil, then an olive-skinned, dark haired elf. Next a human wearing a wide-brimmed hat with a bow and a greatsword slung over his back, who walks with an easy grace. Finally, a gnome joins the ever growing party with a smile and a conspiratorial wink in your direction.

The crier has made his way to the edge of the stage and is standing holding a large scroll. He looks at you expectantly, and unfurls the large scroll.

Rani:

Spoiler:
It's getting harder and harder to believe that pure luck led you to where you stand. A simple trip to Restov to pick up some supplies that are difficult to come by in the wilds led you to a fantastic opportunity! After speaking with a friendly middle-aged priest of Erastil named Avery, you were sent to speak to Captain of the Guard Brenden regarding a charter authorizing the exploration and annexation of the Greenbelt, the untamed wilderness several days ride south of the city.

After a brief interview with Captain Brenden, he deemed you more than capable and instructed you to meet in the town square at midday in order to bestow the right of exploration on you, and to introduce you to those who would be instrumental in the founding of a new colony for Brevoy.

Father Avery pats you on the shoulder, breaking your reverie. “We're almost there, young Raninr. I had a vision last night. Our Lord of the Hunt told me you are to do great things. I believe you are dear in the heart of Old Deadeye, and know that where you go, so goes the peace and tranquility that Erastil brings at the end of each hunt.”

He smiles warmly and motions to a rapidly clearing area in front of the stage, only occupied by a tall dark haired human man flanked by three guards. As you wait, several other people make their way to stand next to you, with a crowd slowly forming around you, eager to hear the words of the crier. First, an olive-skinned, dark haired elf approaches and stands with you, facing the crier. Next a human wearing a wide-brimmed hat with a bow and a greatsword slung over his back, who walks with an easy grace approaches. Finally, a gnome joins the ever growing party with a smirk and a conspiratorial wink at you.

The crier has made his way to the edge of the stage and is standing holding a large scroll. He looks at you expectantly and unfurls the large scroll.

Eseldra:

Spoiler:
In the long years since you first heard stories of your legendary grandmother, this is the closest you have ever felt to finally having the opportunity to close in on her. The trail brought you to the south of Brevoy, and during a quick stop in the border city of Restov you stumbled across, through dumb luck, a fantastic means with which to continue your admittedly nigh impossible search.

Rumors abounded that the Lord Regent of the Dragonscale throne was looking to commission a group of adventurers to explore and possibly even settle the exact location that the tip you received in Cassomir indicated!

After a brief interview with the Captain of the Guard, a man named Brenden Tallis, he deemed you capable of joining the fledgeling group in their venture. He curtly gave you instructions to meet at midday in Market Square in order to bestow the right of exploration on you, and to introduce you to those who would be instrumental in the founding of a new colony for Brevoy.

Midday has come, and you find yourself in Market Square, eager to continue the search for Eramae, and to help alter the course of history by aiding Brevoy in their great endeavor. As you approach the stage, you see tall dark haired human man flanked by three guards and a female half-elf dressed in studded leather armor and the raiments that mark her as a cleric of Erastil. As you wait, two more people make their way to stand next to you, with a crowd slowly forming around you, eager to hear the words of the crier. First, a human wearing a wide-brimmed hat with a bow and a greatsword slung over his back, who walks with an easy grace approaches. Finally, a gnome joins the ever growing party with a smirk and a conspiratorial wink at you.

The crier has made his way to the edge of the stage and is standing holding a large scroll. He looks at you expectantly and unfurls the large scroll.

Harther:

Spoiler:
You can't believe your luck! In the first bit of news since word of your father's untimely disappearance you heard rumors of an expedition in the name of the Regent of the Dragonscale Throne was being launched to claim and annex the Greenbelt in the name of Brevoy. Knowing the danger posed by a lone traveler in the Stolen Lands, this seemed a perfect opportunity to not only increase the prestige of the Medvyed family, but also an excellent chance to find word of your father, and at the very least claim his body to be interred in the family crypt in Stoneclimb.

Your questioning led you to speak with the Captain of the Guard, a man named Brenden Tallis. After a brief interview, and due in no small part to your claim of nobility, you were deemed capable of joining the band forming to forge ahead into the wilderness, and alter the course of Brevoy's history forever.

Midday has come, and you find yourself in Market Square, eager to make a name for yourself and continue the search for your father, all the while aiding Brevoy in their great endeavor. As you approach the stage, you see tall dark haired human man flanked by three guards and a female half-elf dressed in studded leather armor and the raiments that mark her as a cleric of Erastil. Standing next to these two is an olive-skinned dark haired elf woman. As you wait a gnome joins the ever growing party with a smirk and a conspiratorial wink at you.

The crier has made his way to the edge of the stage and is standing holding a large scroll. He looks at you expectantly and unfurls the large scroll.

Berenkor:

Spoiler:
Finally, it seems as if the nobles have begun to listen! You've touted the Common Rule, and some of the basic tenets that those who live in the River Kingdoms call “The Freedoms” to all who will listen, and now, lo and behold, you are able to bring your ideals to the new colony that will hopefully be formed in the trackless wilderness of the Stolen Lands.

Captain Brenden Tallis of the Guard instructed you to meet at Midday in the square so that you could be formally given the right of exploration and meet your fellow compatriots in this journey.

Midday has come, and you find yourself in Market Square, eager to bring the Common Rule to a new land, all the while aiding Brevoy in their great endeavor As you approach the stage, you see a tall dark haired human man flanked by three guards and a female half-elf dressed in studded leather armor and the raiments that mark her as a cleric of Erastil. Standing next to these two is an olive-skinned dark haired elf woman and a dark haired man in a wide brimmed hat with a greatsword and bow slung over his shoulder.

The crier has made his way to the edge of the stage and is standing holding a large scroll. He looks at you expectantly and unfurls the large scroll.

The crier announces in a loud voice that carries to all corners of Market Square.

“Hear ye, hear ye! Let it be known that on this day, an expedition the likes of which has never been undertaken is thus announced. These heroes, brought to us by fate and choice, are hereby tasked with the exploration and annexation of the southern wilderness known as the Stolen Lands.”

He gestures towards the man flanked by the guards.

“Here we have Karthas, strong of body, sent on this journey in lieu of forced time in an internment camp.”

He then indicates the half-elf woman in the studded leather.

“Here we have Raninr Alford, chosen of Erastil, who has chosen to undertake this journey in the eyes of gods and men.”

He motions towards the olive-skinned elf woman.

“Here we have Eseldra, user of the arcane arts, who has chosen to undertake this journey to see things that have never been seen.”

He points to the dark haired man in the wide-brimmed hat.

“Here we have Harther Medvyed, of House Medvyed, who has chosen to undertake this journey to bring glory to his House and country.”

He finally nods curtly towards the gnome.

“Here we have Berenkor Trandoran, speaker of...some renown, who has been sent on this journey to silence...ahem...to bring his message to the far reaches of the kingdom.”

He clears his throat, raises the scroll, and begins to read.

“These adventurers are each thus granted this charter of exploration. It reads:

Be it so knows that the bearer of this charter has been charged by the Swordlords of Restov, acting upon the greater good and authority vested within them by the office of the Regent of the Dragonscale Throne, has granted the right of exploration and travel within the wilderness region known as the Greenbelt. Exploration should be limited to an area no further than thirty six miles east and west and sixty miles south of Oleg's Trading Post. The carrier of this charter should also strive against banditry and other unlawful behavior to be encountered. The punishment for unrepentant banditry remains, as always, execution by sword or rope. So witnessed on this 24th day of Calistril, under watchful eye of the Lordship of Restov and authority granted by Lord Noleski Surtova, current Regent of the Dragonscale Throne.”

He looks up at the new-found party of adventurers.

“Have you any questions, or any remarks before your journey is undertaken?”


Male Kellid Human Barbarian 2 / Rogue (Scout) 2

The rather gruff looking man surrounded by guard growls,

"Two questions. First, where are my belongings? Second, how soon do we leave? Sooner the better as far as I'm concerned."

Karthas then looks over his soon to be traveling companions, trying to get a read on what Gorum has left him to. As he looks at the other members of the expedition party, he thinks to himself:

Spoiler:
"Hmm a priest of Old Dead-Eye...could be usefull"
as he rubs the still somewhat tender scar across his chest.
Spoiler:

"A dwemor-crafter, and an elf at that...I don't like where this is going"

"He looks like he might be worth traveling with, but then again he is a noble."

Karthas let's out a small laugh.

Spoiler:
"Seems the Swordlords are as anxious to rid themselves of the gnome as they are of me."


The guard behind you snorts.

"Ye'll get yer goods back when yer outside the city limits, and not a moment sooner. As far as when ye can leave, tomorrow morning ye're not me problem anymore. Good riddance tae bad rubbish, as far as Oi tink."

Effectively for everyone, the expedition starts first thing in the morning. Since it is midday, that leaves a full afternoon and evening to get affairs in order before you depart.

Karthas:

Spoiler:
You have the freedom to wander the city, but you won't get your weapons back until you leave the city, and you are to be escorted by two armed guards wherever you wish to go within Restov...within reason, course.


Male Kellid Human Barbarian 2 / Rogue (Scout) 2

After waiting around a while to speak with his fellow travelers, Karthas says to the guards, "It's fair that I'm not allowed my weapons till morning, but can I at least have my gold? There are few items I would like to pick up before leaving."

Spoiler:
I would like to pick up a cold-weather outfit and a bedroll


Rani concentrates intensely as the man reads the Charter and, when he is done, turns to the gnome and says, "Sixty-three miles west of...ugh, I hate legalese. Did you understand all of that? Well, at least I know how to find Oleg's...that's a start I guess."

After a couple of seconds she catches herself and adds, "Oh, my name is Rani. Pleased to meet you."


And, after another couple of seconds, she looks up from the gnome to the rest of the group and further adds, "...all of you. Pleased to meet...are you all staying in Restov? I think Father Avery could find room for some of you at the temple if you do not have lodging."


Male Kellid Human Barbarian 2 / Rogue (Scout) 2

"Rani, eh? Well met, I'm Karthas. Don't mind my 'keepers' they'll be gone come morning" as I extend my hand in greeting.


Male Kellid Human Barbarian 2 / Rogue (Scout) 2

Karthas looks to the guards, "Can I take up the offer that just been made? Or do I still have other lodging requirements till morning?"


The guard sighs in exasperation.

"Well...I guess ye cannae do too much damage wi'out a weapon. Aye, it'll do. This way if ye have a trangression Oi can have ye dancin' at the end o' a rope at dawn rather than showin' me yer backside as yer leavin'."


Male Kellid Human Barbarian 2 / Rogue (Scout) 2

"Rani, if your Father Avery could find me a room in the temple for the night, I'd be grateful. Likely a far cry better than where I've slept the last few nights."


"Yes. I'm sure it will be possible. Excuse me, and I will ask."

Rani looks around for Father Avery and whispers to him.

Father Avery:
"Father Avery, I rashly offered my new companions a place to stay at the temple. I do not know what this man, Karthas, has done but the government has seen fit to grant him clem...a pardon, so I do not think he will be trouble.


Rani wrote:

"Oh, my name is Rani. Pleased to meet you."

"...all of you. Pleased to meet...are you all staying in Restov? I think Father Avery could find room for some of you at the temple if you do not have lodging."

"Pleased to meet you, Rani," the dark haired man in the wide-brimmed hat rumbles softly with a deep, bass voice as he respectfully nods to the priestess. "Since it appears that we are all to be companions, I am pleased to meet all of you," he continues as he respectfully nods to each of the others, his eyes narrowing a bit as he greets Karthas, studying the large man perhaps a split-second longer than the others..

"As the crier stated, my name is Harther Medvyed, of House Medvyed, although I wouldn't exactly say that I am undertaking this journey to bring glory to my House. To be honest, I suspect that Lord Medvyed barely even remembers that I exist."

"My thanks for your offer, Rani, and Father Avery" Harther adds as he turns to both the priestess and priest. "I have only just arrived in Restov this morning, and have not yet secured lodging. I would also greatly appreciate a moment of you time to discuss a particular matter..."


Rani thinks:
Oh dear. Seems like we'll have a full house. I do hope this is acceptible to Father Avery

Of course, Harther, how can I help?


Harther glances at the others before answering Rani's question. "The real reason I am here is because I am searching for my father. Six months ago, he disappeared while leading a trade caravan from Restov through the Stolen Lands to the River Kingdoms. Just last month I received word that a lone, grievously-wounded survivor from the caravan was found a few months ago by a wandering priestess of Erastil. Before the man died of his wounds, he stated that the caravan had been waylaid by bandits in the Stolen Lands, and that my father had been captured by the bandits, wounded but alive."

"I was hoping that you or Father Avery might know more about this."


Oh, that's horrible. Brigands are a constant threat in the Stolen Lands. I myself have stood against them many times. Let me think...

Sully:
Does Rani know anything about it?


"That is terrible," the olive-skinned elf says. "I too am searching for family in the Stolen Lands, though my evidence is more of a fanciful wish than your more-solid clue." She pauses as she absentmindedly twirls a jade-and-amber ring about her finger. "I am Eseldra, on the trail of my grandmother, a retired paladin of Iomedae. Father Avery, have you ever heard rumour or mention of a white-haired elven Holy Warrior of Iomedae with an exotic curved sword?"


Tyr:

Spoiler:
It seems to be fate more than chance that afforded you the opportunity to bring order to where there once was none. You followed rumors of a new Brevish colony being formed to Restov, where you met the Captain of the Guard, a quiet man named Brenden Tallis, and after a cursory interview he named you worthy to undertake the expedition. Not only can you alter the course of history, but this might be a chance for you to have a steading of your own, and someday maybe even found a noble house!

You are shaken awake from your reverie by a chambermaid. "Sir! You must be going! It is near midday and the good Captain was adamant that you be there to receive the charter! Remember? You were telling us all about it last night! You must hurry!"

Rani:

Spoiler:
Roll a Knowledge(local)

Father Avery starts abruptly.

"Oh dear, my good elf, I'm sorry! My mind was elsewhere. From that description, she sounds like quite the women! I'm sorry to say that she does not sound familiar to me. Alas, though I wish to carry on the hunt and be away from the press of civilization, my body is forcing me to slow down." He chuckles. "I don't get out to see the world as I used to, so just because I have not seen her doesn't mean she isn't there to be found."

He turns his gaze to Rani and smiles.

"Rani, it seems we have a full house tonight! Never let it be said that Erastil, Lord of the Wilds, turns away those travellers who need shelter and a warm hearth. Is not the hunt sweeter when you have a warm place to lie your head at its end?" He claps his hands once. "I will go prepare a place for you tonight. I'm sure you all can find a way to pass the afternoon. Rani will show you to the temple later."

As the older man bows and makes off across Market Square, a blonde man wearing well worn chainmail with a greatsword strapped to his back runs up, slightly out of breath. The crier takes note of the new arrival.

"Ah, at last! Here we have the final member of this expedition! Tyr Thordinsjon, I hereby grant you the right of exploration and task you with the annexation of the Greenbelt and the elimination of all threats to Brevoy within."

The crier steps from the stage and presents each of you with a small scroll which repeats the proclamation he spoke earlier.

Enter Tyr! You have the afternoon and evening to spend as you wish. At days end, Rani will take you to the temple. Your journey begins tomorrow at dawn. By the way, invisiblecastle.com is a great rolling tool, but the honor system works fine for me if you don't have access.


"Thank you, Father Avery. I will see you this evening, and I will bring something for dinner since I am bringing so many extra guests."

Sully:
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
I don't have ranks in this so I guess my max is 10.

For dice, check out the BBCode tags at the bottom. The {dice} expression should work for most things in the game. Example: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Male Kellid Human Barbarian 2 / Rogue (Scout) 2

"Thank you both." says Karthas, "It has been quite some time since any form of hospitality has been shown to me, is there anything you would like me to do? Perhaps a small donation to your temple?" He says reaching into a small pouch, and offering small stack of coins 10gp to Father Avery.


Rani:

Spoiler:
Doesn't ring a bell. You know that the bandit attacks have been seemingly more organized as of late, but you've not heard word of any prisoners.

Karthas wrote:
"Thank you both." says Karthas, "It has been quite some time since any form of hospitality has been shown to me, is there anything you would like me to do? Perhaps a small donation to your temple?" He says reaching into a small pouch, and offering small stack of coins 10gp to Father Avery.

"Aye, thank you kindly," Father Avery says putting a hand on Karthas's shoulder. "Old Deadeye turns away no one, but the gift is much appreciated. You are welcome in the temple any time, even if the guard thinks you are a danger. Good Erastil knows that the deeds of men and their hearts may not always agree."

With a nod, Father Avery leaves to make ready a place for the group to rest this evening.

Quick note about how I use knowledge checks. Knowledge(local) is the only one that can be made untrained, but anyone can use aid another even if they don't have ranks. This represents, to me, how sometimes thinking out loud and hashing out ideas can make one come to a previously unthought of conclusion. I think it makes the game a little more organic and allows pieces of information to maybe not go unheeded just because of one poor roll.

Also for knowledge, perception, etc. types of checks I'll start noting the DC and then have a spoiler that you can click if you make said check.


Tyr looks around at the others whom have been the focal point for the ceremony, nodding simply to each in turn.

"Um, my apologies for being late." He nods his head as he makes his introduction.


Male Kellid Human Barbarian 2 / Rogue (Scout) 2
Tyr Thordinsjon wrote:

Tyr looks around at the others whom have been the focal point for the ceremony, nodding simply to each in turn.

"Um, my apologies for being late." He nods his head as he makes his introduction.

"Well met", the tall dark haired man says while extending his hand, "I'm Karthas."


Harther Medvyed wrote:
"I was hoping that you or Father Avery might know more about this."

"I know that the bandits have become more organized of late but, sadly, I know nothing of any prisoners. Perhaps we will discover something more when we have a chance to speak to some of these brigands at the point of an arrow... Until then, forget your worry for a while and join us for dinner and rest at the temple."

She turns to the new arrival, "Would you care to join us, Tyr?"


Male Kellid Human Barbarian 2 / Rogue (Scout) 2
Rani wrote:

"I know that the bandits have become more organized of late but, sadly, I know nothing of any prisoners. Perhaps we will discover something more when we have a chance to speak to some of these brigands at the point of an arrow... Until then, forget your worry for a while and join us for dinner and rest at the temple."

"Aye, we'll deal with the bandits in due time. Let's just say that I know more than my fair share about their kind."


"Ridding the land of foul bandits is certainly a worthy pursuit. I regret that I know little about this place, having only just arrived from the southern countries, but am eager to learn if anybody could teach me about the customs. Since everybody else seems to be staying at the Temple, I guess I should too. Hopefully, Father Avery won't mind one more visitor."


Rani wrote:
She turns to the new arrival, "Would you care to join us, Tyr?"

Tyr actually bows slightly in response to Rani's words.

"It would be my honor." He replies quietly and follows along with the rest of the group, though some of the comments about Bandits brings a solemn seriousness to his features.


The chilly day turns downright cold as the sun sinks below the skyline of Restov, and the wind cuts through cloak and tunic alike. Rani leads the band of adventurers to the Temple of Erastil, a small, homey shrine decorated on the inside with antlers, driftwood carvings, and homemade wreaths.

In a small common room off the main temple area, Father Avery and several acolytes have made a simple but filling meal of venison stew and some type of dark, crusty bread. After the meal, the good priest and his acolytes retire, leaving the task of tending the hearth to Rani, and bid everyone good night. He motions towards several blankets folded by the hearth, and promises that though you head to the trackless wilderness on the morrow, tonight you shall sleep safely by the fire.

If anyone wants/needs to do anything in the afternoon, just go ahead and post. I'll be out all evening and didn't want to hang up the story. This way everyone has until tomorrow to post character action and we can begin the journey itself.


Sadly, Eseldra is just down to a few silvers and coppers. She uses a few silvers to treat everybody to a couple bottles of wine and entertains them with elven recorder music.


Male Halfling Cavalier 1 (Honor Guard, Emissary)

Made a very long post saying and doing many things... So irritated that the forum ate it. Grr. For simplicity and due to sheer exhaustion from travel-

Berenkor has made sure to introduce himself to the group and attempted to make a good impression on everyone, and after appreciating Eseldra's performance he spins a tale about a young nobleman of a minor house of nobles in Cheliax who was rescued from the City of Egorian by a Stag sent by Erastil; and went on to become one of Erastil's greatest Paladins.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Oratory/Acting


Also DM, I can make any Knowledge check untrained :)


Male Kellid Human Barbarian 2 / Rogue (Scout) 2
Tyr Thordinsjon wrote:
some of the comments about Bandits brings a solemn seriousness to his features.

"Tyr, while it's true that I have done a great many things I regret, those deeds are in my past." As Karthas' head drops and a pained look crosses his face, "Those deeds have already cost me more than any hangman's noose could take from me. You have no worries about me friend."


Sorry, I should roll too for fun. Never done this before, but...

Perform (woodwinds): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

A very pleasing performance indeed.


Harther has been sitting at the edge of the group, appreciating the chance to rest and share in the cameraderie after several days of traveling alone.

"Your music is beautiful," he compliments Eseldra after she finishes playing. "It reminds me of a fair elf lass I knew who lived in the Gronzi Forest. 'Sunset,' her name meant in Elven. Beautiful...and a crack shot with a crossbow, I can tell you..." his voice trails off as he reminisces.

Harther listens raptly to Berenkor's tale. "An astounding tale!" he praises the gnome after he has finished. "Truly, you are a gifted orator!"

Hey Tyr!:
Welcome aboard! Glad to see you made it out of Midsky!


Male Halfling Cavalier 1 (Honor Guard, Emissary)
Harther Medvyed wrote:


Harther listens raptly to Berenkor's tale. "An astounding tale!" he praises the gnome after he has finished. "Truly, you are a gifted orator!"

Many thanks, my fellow traveller. Indeed, the nobles of Restov also thought so; i'm sure if this opportunity hadn't presented itself to me, they would have been redistributing their wealth and embracing their fellows as equals in the Common Rule before the week is out! Berenkor says, grinning cheerfully

I'll make it my main project after we have tamed the Stolen Lands anyhow. Plenty of time.


Karthas wrote:
"Tyr, while it's true that I have done a great many things I regret, those deeds are in my past." As Karthas' head drops and a pained look crosses his face, "Those deeds have already cost me more than any hangman's noose could take from me. You have no worries about me friend."

Tyr's gaze swings towards Karthas, only to blink as suddenly he focuses his gaze upon the other man.

"No, no, this talk of 'Bandits' and this exclaimed usual punishment. Should I come to a position of authority there will be more options than a just a swinging rope jig." Tyr continues to frown slightly as he gives voice to his inner thoughts.

Soon the pair are sitting in the company of their fellows at the Church, regaled and entertained by Eseldra and Berenkor. Tyr acknowledges their skills with murmured thanks and soft heart felt applause.

Harther Medvyed:
*bows and tugs forelock to Harther Medvyed*


Dawn comes, and with it comes a steady drizzle of icy water that hardly reflects the mood of hope and excitement of the small crowd of nobles who have come to see the hardy explorers off on their journey. Even Mayor Ioseph Sellemius makes an appearance. The mayor, an older man who still shows the spine of steel that only a military background can instill, wishes each of the brave group well on their endeavor and requests for regular updates to be sent back to Restov so all may know the progress made by the intrepid band.

Is everyone ready to leave Restov?


After a brief pre-dawn prayer session, some target practice in the courtyard, and whipping up a larger-than-usual serving of venison and eggs (for sharing, of course), Rani lays out, cleans, and packs her gear. To anyone watching (or in a hurry to leave) it seems to take quite a long time.

Ready here.


Male Halfling Cavalier 1 (Honor Guard, Emissary)

Berenkor takes some time to mingle with the nobles and hopefully chat to the Mayor, but is ready to leave.


At the sound of people rising and the world coming awake with the dawn. Tyr also rise, baths, checks and cleans his gear before joining in the shared meal. After, he does help clean things away.

Before joining up with every one else, Tyr takes a small detour, to get a copy made of the charter he's been given, as well as obtain a very good quality scroll tube into which to place the original, going so far as to add a seal of wax about its ends.

How much gold would that be/cost?

As he settles his great sword across his back upon joining every one else, he gives a slight smile,

"New days dawning, time to go see this land we've gotten ourselves mixed up in." He comments philosophically.


As the party leaves the temple, Harther pulls Father Avery aside.

To Father Avery:
"Thank you for your hospitality, Father," Harther quietly thanks the priest as he hands him a small pouch of coins. "Please accept this small token as a donation to the temple. And if you should happen to hear any news that may relate to my father's disappearance, I would greatly appreciate it if you would send word to Oleg's Trading Post - it seems from the charter that Oleg's will likely be our base of operations for a while. May Erastil smile upon your hunts." Harther bows his head to Father Avery and takes his leave. Note: Harther gave Father Avery the last of his money (12 sp).


Male Halfling Cavalier 1 (Honor Guard, Emissary)
Tyr Thordinsjon wrote:


"New days dawning, time to go see this land we've gotten ourselves mixed up in." He comments philosophically.

I am anxious to be on the road. Slaves and Damsels await a handsome Gnome and his companions to rescue them. Hey Tyr... Don't you think Harther looks somewhat tired?

Time for Berenkor's first prank- don't take it as a PVP action or anything, this is just what Gnome's like doing

For Harther's Eyes + DM Only:
Berenkor gets himself a good distance away from Harther, and hides himself from sight 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26, waits until Harther finishes speaking to Father Avery and is momentarily alone and then casts Sleep on him. Assuming it succeeds, he nonchalantly starts saddling his horse ready for travel. DC=16 Harther ;)


Male Kellid Human Barbarian 2 / Rogue (Scout) 2

Karthas gathers his belongings, and makes his way over to the guards who have his weapons and with a smile says, "Gorum willing, we won't meet again." Karthas then turns to his new companions and bellows, "Let's be away from this place, a new destiny awaits us!"


Eseldra spent some time just after waking to memorize her adventuring set of spells and have a quick breakfast.

She is silent at their departure, but eagerly bounces on her toes and twirls her jade-and-amber ring (Knowledge Religion check DC 10 is enough to identify it as

Spoiler:
Iomedae's holy symbol in amber circled with ivy leaves in jade
.


Male Halfling Cavalier 1 (Honor Guard, Emissary)
Karthas wrote:
Karthas gathers his belongings, and makes his way over to the guards who have his weapons and with a smile says, "Gorum willing, we won't meet again." Karthas then turns to his new companions and bellows, "Let's be away from this place, a new destiny awaits us!"

Berenkor rides his horse up to Karthas as he says this.

Not really had much of a chance to chat yet, you and I Karthas. I imagine the nobility had guards put around you for dangerous ideals, yes?

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 Religion Check to recognise Ring


Harther Medvyed wrote:

As the party leaves the temple, Harther pulls Father Avery aside.

** spoiler omitted **

Harther -

Spoiler:
"Aye, I will keep my ears to the winds, my son," Father Avery says with a warm smile. "The donation is very much appreciated. Old Deadeye knows that the value of the gift depends on the giver, so this carries great weight. Go in peace, and I will send word if any pioneers or hunters see or hear anything of import. May Erastil bless you and give you strength and courage on your journey."

Also Harther (see Berenkor's spoiler) - DC 26 Perception check

If successful:

Spoiler:
You see Berenkor duck behind a stack of trade goods near the South Gate of Restov.


Tyr Thordinsjon wrote:

At the sound of people rising and the world coming awake with the dawn. Tyr also rise, baths, checks and cleans his gear before joining in the shared meal. After, he does help clean things away.

Before joining up with every one else, Tyr takes a small detour, to get a copy made of the charter he's been given, as well as obtain a very good quality scroll tube into which to place the original, going so far as to add a seal of wax about its ends.

How much gold would that be/cost?

As he settles his great sword across his back upon joining every one else, he gives a slight smile,

"New days dawning, time to go see this land we've gotten ourselves mixed up in." He comments philosophically.

2g total - 1g for a nice scroll case, 5s for the wax, and 5s for the scribe's labor to copy the charter


Perception Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Rani still has not mounted Ahn, unsure of starting without at least some concrete discussion of future plans:

"I have seen only a small sliver of the Stolen Lands and do not know much of its geography and the maps I have seen are poor at best. We should formu...uh...come up with a plan for exploration. Oleg's Trading post sounds like it might be the only landmark worth noting."

Sooo...where are we going?

DM: I said I knew how to find Oleg's, on the assumption that I had been around...but that may or not be true.


Oleg's is very easy to find. It is almost 100 miles south of Restov, with the Old South Road leading directly to it. The geography get progressively hillier and difficult to travel the closer to the Stolen Lands you get, but Oleg's should be relatively easy to reach in four to five days. You assumed right! Rani hasn't been there, but she knows its relative location.

It is assumed by the charter that you will head to Oleg's Trading Post straightaway.

Berenkor -

Spoiler:
Just verifying my math here for your save for Sleep.

10+1(Spell level)+4(Cha modifier)+1(Spell focus(enchantment))=16

So your save is 16 for a first level enchantment spell, correct?

Thanks! :)

Harther -

Spoiler:
You feel a wave of fatigue pass through your mind, but you shake your head and it clears. Maybe you had too much fun last night!

1 to 50 of 3,019 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Sully's Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.