Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Stormwind's Legacy of Fire - The Heavens aligned against us.

Game Master LastNameOnEarth

DM Stormwind brings you the Legacy of Fire Adventure Path, in a no holds barred, optimization required, high difficulty delivery.


301 to 350 of 2,103 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Current Map

Rombard is hanging relatively still as you reach for the rope, making it an easy target compared to the way it was jumping when Sati reached for it. Zerekias' hand is just closing around it when the goat gives another last ditch, frantic jerk. Zerekias' hand closes on empty air and he suddenly finds himself completely off balance as the expected resistance of the rope is not there. He wavers a second, and then pitches out into open air.

It is 15 ft to the ground, though a massive multi-armed cactus stands right below you.

Zerekias, you may take your lumps, or make a reflex save to grab onto the goat. You are no longer in a position to be able to reach the goat's lead. If you choose to attempt the reflex save, please provide two rolls.


M Half-elf Barbarian 1

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Current Map

Zerekias reaches out wildly and manages to gain a hold on the dangling goat. One hand catches a hip and the other a leg, allowing him to halt his fall and swing into the dirt embankment. Unfortunately, the effect of having a 200 lb man arrest his fall by grabbing onto an animal dangling by a cord around his neck has an all too predictable result. With a sharp resounding CRACK, the question of how to rescue poor Rombard becomes a moot point.

A tiny voice suddenly shouts out, "jIH ghaHta' ghoS Daq HoH ghaH!"

Gnoll Language:
"HEY! I WAS GOING TO KILL HIM!"

All at once a few key knots in the mess of coils tied to the cactus slip free, and the goat, and anyone hanging from it, drop the rest of the way to the ground. Zerekais, as you were essentially halfway down the cliff already, you'll take no falling damage, but you do manage to slam into a rather unfriendly cactus. Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

This was the villains surprise round action. Round one will commence hereafter.

Pugwampi Stealth Roll 1d20 + 17 - 20 ⇒ (10) + 17 - 20 = 7
Low enough that everyone pretty much spots him. Xanyon and Muqaq hear the little voice from where they are, but cannot see the critter, due to the obstructing cacti in the way.
The rat faced little gremlin stands only about a foot tall, and presently stands upon one of the taller cacti behind you, overlooking the rock and cactus where the goat was tied. It never really occurred to anyone that anything could climb one of these cacti, but the creature is small enough that the spines represent an easy climb as opposed to any kind of danger. He stands with a tiny shortbow in his hands, and at about 12 ft off the ground, is out of reach, except perhaps to a reach weapon.

Initiative:

Gin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Muqaq: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Sati 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Mohgwier: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Seif: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Tarin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Zerekias: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Xanyon 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Pugwampi 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

1 Zerekias, 2 Xanyon 1d2 ⇒ 2

Initiative Order: Seif, Gin, Muqaq, Pugwampi, Xanyon, Zerekias, Tarin, Sati, and Mohgwier.

As Muqaq just figured out and mentioned in the discussion forum, you are all under the affect of an unluck aura. For any and all d20 rolls made, roll twice and take the lesser of the two rolls. Everyone may post their combat actions is any order they like, and then I will post a round 1 summary after all parties have contributed.


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3

"Zerekias! Nooo!"

Seif-al-Din cannot help but wince at the sound of the goat's spine but torn asunder.

Spotting the disgusting little gremlin, however, he moves forward grimly, and takes a swing at the cactus holding the creature up.

Nodachi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25, for 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 P/S damage.

Nodachi reroll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8, for 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 P/S damage.


Current Map

The luck curse only affects d20 rolls, so you only need to roll for damage once.


|| BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 20 | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 || Half-Orc Gunslinger/2

Round 1

Status:

HP = 13/13
AC = 17/13/14
Weapon Equipped = Pistol
Grit = 2/2
Orc Ferocity = 1/1
Bullets = 50/50
Black Powder = 50/50
Alchemical cartridge (paper) = 20/20
Speed = 20' (30' normal)
Status Effects = Unlucky

"What's going on in there?"

Poor goat.

Xanyon looks around the cacti and attempts to see what exactly is happening between the shouting and creature noises.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

He will then ready a shot for when he can see the pugwampi.

Or shoot it if it moves into sight on its action.

Pistol PBS: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 71d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 71d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Should've rolled those in reverse order I guess! Either way a 1 is a misfire, so the gun gains the broken condition until cleared and if I roll a 1 through 3 the next time I fire it it'll explode. Next time I fire I'll take these results (the misfire, not the explosion ;)).


Male Undine Monk of the Empty Hand/1

As Gin looks from the now still rope and the rat faced mongrel,"Well, this could be rather annoying." Gin whips out a shuriken and throws it at the little bugger.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
1d2 ⇒ 1


Hp: 9/11

Brother Larvendi's head whips around to regard the creature perched atop the cactus.

Is Dashki getting involved in this combat? Also, Knowledge check for lore on the creature - nature is it? Assuming I still need two rolls, even for Knowledge?

K. Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
K. Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

I'll wait to see what I know about pugwampis.


Current Map

MAP

Dashki Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Sorry, just forgot him. He'll go just before the gremlin.

Tarin: You cannot bring to mind ever having heard of a creature like this little thing...


Hp: 9/11

Ok, so two rolls for Knowledges :)

With a small snarl Tarin sidesteps to D9, sheathes his blade and readies his bow.

Shoulda had the bow out!


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

Not seeing the Pugwampi on the map?


Hp: 9/11

He's hiding at D11 :)


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

Ah, that's what that is. Thanks. Looked like a cactus bulb to me.


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

Round 1

Muqaq holds his hands wrists together, hands cupped in front of him ready to cast a spell at a moment's notice.

Ready action to cast burning hands if the Pugwampi comes within range. DC 18 1d4 ⇒ 1 fire damage


Male Undine Monk of the Empty Hand/1

just out of curiosity, how hard does anyone think it would it be to burn/chop down the cactus that he is on? Hehe, I thought of a funny way to cut it down though, it would be dangerous and Gin wouldn't think of it anyways.


Female Aasimar Summoner 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMD 11 | F +2 | R +2 | W +6 | Init +2| Per +7

Round 1

Sati, saddened by the death of the goat, pulls out her crossbow and takes aim at the little creature:

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

If I Hit:
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2


Eidolon 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 (T 12, FF 16) | CMD 15 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +2| Per +5

Mohgwier is fixated on the Pugwampi. Without warning, she leaps for the creature, teeth bared.

DM Stormwind:
I am thinking that my Magic Fang spell is still in effect for this round

Bite Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Bite Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

If she hits:
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


M Half-elf Barbarian 1

As Zerekias lands on the cactus after having killed the goat, he grunts in pain. "Stupid goat," he remarks, unconcerned with several more spines embedded within him. Hearing the pugwampi speak gnoll, Zerekias's eyes narrow as he draws his bow and fires at the critter.

Draw bow(Move); Attack(Standard)

Longbow w/DA: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Longbow w/DA: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

A low, animalistic like growl escapes his lips as he misses completely.


Current Map

Round 1 Summary:

Initiative order: Seif, Gin, Muqaq, Dashki, Pugwampi, Xanyon, Zerekias, Tarin, Sati, and Mohgwier.

Seif steps forward, weaving his way towards the cactus holding up the little monster. His large curved blade bites into the green plant, but the trunk is quite large, and his cut stops only an inch or two in. It is not as hard as wood, but fibrous enough that it will probably take quite a few more swings to bring it down.

Seif:
Incidentally, why does he use a No Dachi? In game is it meant to be a reskinned two handed scimitar, or is it really a No-Dachi? If so, how did he come to own it?

Gin sends a shuriken whistling towards the Pugwampi on his perch, but it sails over the tiny man shaped creature as he ducks.

Muqaq hears the excitement and prepares himself should it try to escape in their direction, but sees no sign of whatever is causing the alarm.

Dashki pulls out his longbow, and draws fletching to ear, loosing at the creature. Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9;1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11. The arrow sinks into the cactus two inches below where the gremlin stands.

The Pugwampi, standing where he can see everyone, takes a look at Seif attacking his refuge. He points a tiny, hairy finger at his sword and shouts, "TaH ghorta'!

Gnoll:
'BREAK!' or 'Be broken!'
Seif, please make a will save DC 10, (rolling twice of course) or your No Dachi shatters.

Xanyon, like Muqaq, makes himself ready, but does not see their foe.

Zerekias extracts himself from the cactus, and stepping back (to be able to see) and drawing his longbow, he shoots off an arrow. The arrow catches the lip of the cliff and stops before even reaching the cactus.

Tarin changes his weapons, and gets ready to attack the little beasty.

Sati aims her crossbow and looses her quarrel. It sails over her target's head.

Mohgwier leaps up trying to catch the monster. We'll assume that as a medium creature, mohgwier is about human sized, so standing on his back legs to jump with neck outstretched, he needs to leap about 6 ft to reach the critter. That will require an Acrobatics check at DC 24. Since he has a move of 40 ft, he gets a +4 on his check. Acrobatics 1: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 4 = 18;Acrobatics 2: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 4 = 20 His teeth snap shut only about a foot shy of their target, and he drops back down after the impressive leap.

As for the Magic Fang, not much time has passed, so the spell could still be active. Well give it 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds remaining.

End of round 1. Please post your actions for round 2.
MAP - The Pugwampi is still hiding in D11.


Male Undine Monk of the Empty Hand/1

Gin flicks out another shuriken and throws it at our angry friend.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
1d2 ⇒ 2
lolz, so I hope I hit


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

Muqaq growls in frustration at the lack of vision, but is unwilling to enter the thorns unless his companions start screaming for help.

Repeat readied action.


Female Aasimar Summoner 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMD 11 | F +2 | R +2 | W +6 | Init +2| Per +7

Round 2

Sati, brushing off her frustration at missing her target, kneels down to Mohgwier's level, petting her face and back.

I will use this round to dismiss Mohgwier so that next round I can Summon Monster I


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3

DM Stormwind:
Well, there is actually a significant Tian presence in Katapesh, according to the ISWG, so it make *some* sense... I agree, however, that I would prefer to consider it to be simply a large scimitar-like weapon, as that works quite well for Sarenrae.

Will: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16.

Will: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14.

With absolutely no idea what the Pugwampi just tried to do, Seif-al-Din continues to attack the cactus...

Nodachi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Nodachi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20, for 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 P/S damage.


M Half-elf Barbarian 1

Zerekias nocks another arrow and fires.

Longbow w/DA: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Longbow w/DA: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Unable to hit once again, Zerekias scowls. "Nerede durduğunu öleceksin bilin, hata!" He promises the pugwampi.

Gnoll:

"Know that you will die where you stand, bug!"


|| BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 20 | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 || Half-Orc Gunslinger/2

Round 2

Unable to see the action Xanyon will continue to hold his fire.

"What's going on in there?"


Hp: 9/11

Tarin looses an arrow at the ugly little creature.

Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

sigh...


Current Map

Round 2 Summary:

Inintiative Order: Seif, Gin, Muqaq, Dashki, Pugwampi, Xanyon, Zerekias, Tarin, and Sati

Seif takes another big swing at the cactus, sinking his blade in a little deeper.

Gin throws another star at the monster, this time striking the little critter directly. The star however seems to hit and deflect off, the little creature responding with a litany of Gnoll curses in response.

Muqaq remains at the alert, waiting for something to happen that he can aid with.

Dashki fires another arrow from his bow. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24;1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17;damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2. Much like the shuriken Gin threw, the arrow bends and deflects off instead of penetrating its skin. Kn:Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23;1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26. "Damn these little creatures! They resist any attack that does not come from cold iron!"

The Pugwampi seems to still consider Seif his main threat, and he draws one of his minuscule arrows back on his bow. Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19;Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2. Seif is struck for one point of damage by an arrow the size and shape not unlike the cactus spurs. " Sop vam! Gnoll: "Eat this!"

Xanyon remains where he is, eyes pealed for a target.

Zerekias again lets loose an arrow, which passes only inches from the Pugwampi.

Tarin fires off his arrow, which sails much further astray.

Sati bends low to touch Mohgwier, and the frightening cat-dog thing fades away as though he were a figment of the imagination.


Male Undine Monk of the Empty Hand/1

just out of curiosity, would I be able to use my belt as a whip? I know that it would definitely be an improvised weapon, but I dont think I can really do anything else in this fight. I thought it might be funny to either disarm him or actually manage to wrap a part of him in the chain and rip him off his little pedestal


Current Map

It would be difficult. You mentioned that it is 10 ft long so I'm presuming it is one of the type that wraps around yourself several times, like those that come with a dogi. I have a dozen of those in my closet. They are cloth, traditionally silk, and therefore very strong, so using one as a rope as you did is no issue. However, what makes a whip a whip is the taper, with a narrow tip, and the weight, strength and flexibility of the tightly braded leather. You would have a lot of trouble doing most whip like things with a belt, and monks are not proficient in whips. You might be able to snap it to do some tiny NL damage, but his DR would nullify that. I think that to perform any whip actions you would need to take both the improvised weapon penalty, and the non proficient penalty, for a total of -8.


Male Undine Monk of the Empty Hand/1

[ooc]ok I was just trying to thing of different ways to use what I can to actually do something, also its not super big but wouldnt most of the group be outside of the unlucky aura? He is 15 feet up and his unluck aura is only a 20 ft radius. so at the very least I would think Zerakias would be out of the area because of his little fall. Unless there are more of the little buggers hidden somewhere...[/occ]


Female Aasimar Summoner 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMD 11 | F +2 | R +2 | W +6 | Init +2| Per +7

Sati, now Mohgwier-less, looks as if she is in another world.

Suddenly - those who are looking at the Pugwampi see that a beetle has appeared at his side.

Celestial Fire Beetle Attack - with smite evil: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Blargh!


M Half-elf Barbarian 1

Refusing to relent, Zerekias draws back another arrow and fires at the unhittable creature.

Longbow w/DA: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Longbow w/DA: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

If there are more of them, then we're screwed. We can't even hurt ONE! :P


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3

1d3-4 damage? So I took one point of non-lethal, then? ;-)

Ignoring the 'arrow', Seif-al-Din continues to hack at the cactus...

'Nodachi': 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
'Nodachi': 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19, for 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 P/S damage.


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

Everyone help to chop the cactus down, then someone grapple it. We can just tie it up and take it back to camp and drown it or something.


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3

*shrug* I would try to toss sling-stones at it, but I would be even less likely to hit...


Hp: 9/11

One more shot with the bow, then it's cactus clobberin' time.

Breathing deeply, Tarin draws an arrow back to his cheek, gently exhales, then releases...

Longbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Longbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

I suppose its DR is 5...


Current Map

Decided on an action Gin?

Gin:
As to your question, there are a few possible answers: I am not using the standard creature stats, but have modified them in some way; there are more than just the one; the module states explicitly that the aura covers the entire cactus patch, and the GM did not initially notice the discrepancy; or there is something unique about this situation that results in the given data, such as a potion or magic object that enhance its aura, or something about the place it chose to hold out. Regardless of the answer, it is usually considered bad form to look up the stats on a monster you are facing unless given leave to do so via a knowledge check or something similar. Not that most people don't do it, they just usually pretend they haven't.

Seif, yes the damage will be Non Lethal.


Male Undine Monk of the Empty Hand/1

DMStormwind:
ok, sorry about that. I'll keep that in mind for the future. I think I'll just wait for the little bugger to come down.


|| BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 20 | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 || Half-Orc Gunslinger/2

Continue to hold action until I can see the wee beastie.

Xanyon continues to listen and watch in concern as his new companions continue their assault on an unassuming cactus patch.


Current Map

Round 3 Summary:

Inintiative Order: Seif, Gin, Muqaq, Dashki, Pugwampi, Xanyon, Zerekias, Tarin, and Sati

Seif continues to chop at the cactus, green pieces flying out, the inner bits are most and some are even slushy.

Gin stands back trying to find some sort of new strategy.

Muqaq continues to watch from the edge of the cactus patch.

Dashki fires another arrow from his longbow, cursing under his breath. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24;1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21;Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6. The arrow manages to strike the elusive little creature dead centre and pierce him to the fletchings. The massive arrow sticking through his tiny body looks gruesome, but the little creature is still alive.

The Pugwampi spits out blood cursing, " jaH Daq hell! SoH DIchDaq ghobe' HoH!" Translated from Gnoll: Go to Hell! You will not kill me! With that, he takes a short run across the top off the cactus and leaps off, heading for one of the other cacti. Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18. He makes an amazing leap from the cactus, jumping across some ten feet to another.

Xanyon continues to stand waiting for a sight of the target.

Zerekias turns as the gremlin moves, tracking him with his bow. His shot misses the creature by only inches.

Tarin spins and looses his own arrow. It hits the creature in the back near the shoulder, biting in and drawing blood. The creature wobbles for a second, dropping to a knee for just a moment to steady himself.

Sati summons a fire beetle next to the pugwampi on the new cactus. It snaps at the gremlin with its pincers, but seems to misjudge its timing and snaps them shut on empty air.

End of round 3.
Round 4 actions please. I'll get the map updated asap.


Female Aasimar Summoner 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMD 11 | F +2 | R +2 | W +6 | Init +2| Per +7

Round 4

The beetle makes another attempt to pince the creature.
Fire Beetle Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Fire Beetle Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Sati aims her crossbow at the wounded creature, whose vehement yelling sounds high-pitched and strange.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Current Map

MAP

The Pugwampi is atop the cactus in the corner of C12.


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3

Seif-al-Din sighs in frustration, and draws (and loads) his sling...


Hp: 9/11

Spurred on by finally drawing some blood, Tarin releases another shaft at the creature.

Longbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Longbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


|| BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 20 | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 || Half-Orc Gunslinger/2

Round 4

Status:

HP = 13/13
AC = 17/13/14
Weapon Equipped = Pistol
Grit = 2/2
Orc Ferocity = 1/1
Bullets = 50/50
Black Powder = 50/50
Alchemical cartridge (paper) = 20/20
Speed = 20' (30' normal)
Status Effects = Unlucky

Sheathing his pistol Xanyon motions to Muqaq.

"Come my fiery friend, let's avoid the cacti and find out what's going on."

With that he will attempt to scramble up the side of the draw.

Climb: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 141d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1


M Half-elf Barbarian 1

Zerekias pulls back his bow and fires another arrow.

Longbow w/DA: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Longbow w/DA: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

Muqaq will follow Xanyon and attempt to climb the side of the draw.

Climb 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Climb 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16


Current Map

Round 4 Summary:

Inintiative Order: Seif, Gin, Muqaq, Dashki, Pugwampi, Xanyon, Zerekias, Tarin, and Sati

Seif prepares himself for attacking at range by pulling out and loading his sling. His frustration is evident.

Gin remains quiet, not sure what to do.

Muqaq makes an attempt to scramble up the side of the sandy draw. Unfortunately, the loose sand and small stones seem to pull free with every step, making it very hard to get purchase and gain any elevation. At the end, Muqaq is a bit dustier, more frustrated, but no higher.

Dashki draws and fires again. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13;1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15; Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3. His arrow strikes true, but glances off, leaving only a small trail of blood in its wake.

The Pugwampi reels back after the shot, and being confronted with the celestial creature before him. "Hegh!" Gnoll: 'Die!' He drops his bow and pulls out a tiny dagger. Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13; Damage: 1d2 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3 for 1 NL damage.

Xanyon makes an attempt to climb the wall of the draw. However, he also finds the crumbling nature of the soil difficult to climb. He takes a little run at it, and brings down buckets worth of soil upon himself. He ends up sitting at the bottom of the wall with earth piled up to his thighs and sand pouring down on his head and back.

Zerekias takes careful aim, wishing to end this annoying creature. He looses his arrow, and it takes the creature through the neck. The creature gasps, gags and rasps as he chokes and coughs up blood, and then he tumbles from the cactus, buffeted by spines on the way down, until his crumpled, doll like form comes to rest on the ground, two arrows still transfixing him.

End of Combat.


Hp: 9/11

Damn you! Thought I was going to score the death blow :) Nice shootin' Tex.

Tarin lowers his bow and replaces his drawn arrow. He looks across at Dashki. "So was that a Pugwampi? I see what you mean about bad luck following in their wake."


Current Map

"Whether they worship them as gods or not, you can see why even Gnolls kill them on sight," Dashki calls back.

301 to 350 of 2,103 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Stormwind's Legacy of Fire - Game play All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.