Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Stormwind's Legacy of Fire - The Heavens aligned against us.

Game Master LastNameOnEarth

DM Stormwind brings you the Legacy of Fire Adventure Path, in a no holds barred, optimization required, high difficulty delivery.


101 to 150 of 1,999 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Current Map

After the Meeting with Almah:

First Almah responds to Seif: "Thank you. His skills will be missed, and now we must go blind, with no divinations to guide us. I am glad to hear that you are man of your word. Following through is always a good business strategy."

Then she turns to Sati. She hesitates a few long moments as if unsure what to say, "I am glad you feel as strongly as you do. I also want to get to the bottom of this. If we have a saboteur, I need to know now!"

To Muqaq she just says, "Thank you. Now if there are no further questions?"

Sati:
Almah's expressions are hard to interpret based on this brief interaction. She definitely reacted to your presence, but whether it was you specifically she was noticing, merely the fact that you are a very petite, young looking woman on a mercenary mission, or something more to do with your appearance itself is unknown. While she is projecting a stoic exterior, you also suspect that the loss of the man in the wagon is bothering her more than she is letting on.

As Almah departs back to her wagon, Zerekias goes to the burnt out hulk of the wagon to begin a physical investigation, with Muqaq in tow.

Taking twenty on a search of this nature will take some time, as it implies going over the entire wagon and surrounding area with a fine toothed comb. Around 2 hours is likely. However, you will find everything you are able to find.

The wagon is a burnt out husk, though the wagon bed is mostly in tact, and the wheels and axils still hold it up. Some of the floorboards have burned through or cracked and spilled some of the original contents of the wagon, and various other detritus, onto the ground beneath. The wagon is covered in ash and twigs from the burning tree above as well, making it a bit of a task to determined which pieces came from the wagon, and which came from the tree. The area all about is likewise littered with ash and debris.

The body is easily located, lying in the bed of the wagon, though not much identifiable is left. The body is a desiccated blackened husk, that has shrivelled to a fraction of its original size and weight. There are no signs of wounds to the body, other than the burning, and all the bones appear to be in tact, other than those that appear to have split from heat. There is no surviving signs of struggle in the wagon bed either, and no weapons are evident. Glass is visible throughout as though several potion bottles and vials might have broken or burst, and a large crystal globe is found, slightly melted, but otherwise whole. Several pools of gooey residue suggest places where candles of wax or tallow likely stood before the fire. A few blackened gold coins are scattered around the floorboards as well. A search of the area around the wagon reveals little to nothing, and the area was thoroughly trampled during the efforts to combat the fire. No distinguishable prints stand out from any others.


Male Undine Monk of the Empty Hand/1

"Perhaps it would be wise to speak with the burn victims. They would have had to have been near the flames at some point, and that point is likely to be when it started." Turning his gaze towards Maquq, "I don't know many men that would intentionally burn themselves. It is likely that the fire surprised them. Who knows, they may have seen something or someone."


|| BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 20 | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 || Half-Orc Gunslinger/2

Xanyon will assist with the search of the area and examination of the corpse.

"Every so often we had to clean up after an accident in the 'works. It was never pretty. This is a bad way to go. Makes you wonder if he was targeted to make them blind without his gifts."

Xanyon examines the corpse for any hidden wounds.

Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Current Map

After a spending a bit of time in the camp, during the process of putting out the fires and helping clean up afterwards, you are all beginning to get a picture of how the camp is organized, and how the people relate to one another.

Almah appears to be in charge of the operation, and everyone defers to her when she gives an order. Garavel is her second in command, and handles many of the day to day operations and problem solving. The victim of the fire was named Eloais, was a diviner of some sort, and served as Almah's adviser. Likewise, Zastoran, the white haired cleric of Nethys serves as her personal physician and spiritual advisor. Four personal guards stand near Almah's tents and wagon, and appear to serve her only. There are six other mercenaries, to which the two burned personnel belong. They appear to be providing more general security. Finally there are the two camel drivers and animal handlers, a married couple, and another man called Dashki, who does not appear to fit in the chain of command. His dress and manner (or lack) of grooming suggest he is a scout or guide of some sort, and not used to civilized company.

Tell me to whom you would like to speak first, how you approach them, and what questions you would like to ask. Feel free to include any rolls you think you would use, such as Diplomacy, Intimidate, Bluff, and Sense Motive.


Current Map
Xanyon wrote:

Xanyon will assist with the search of the area and examination of the corpse.

"Every so often we had to clean up after an accident in the 'works. It was never pretty. This is a bad way to go. Makes you wonder if he was targeted to make them blind without his gifts."

Xanyon examines the corpse for any hidden wounds.

[dice=Heal]1d20+2

Zerekias and Muqaq have examined the body rather thoroughly, but a fresh eye can always provide new details... The body is hard and crispy, with the white of bone protruding here or there where the shrinking skin has pulled back. The only damage to the bones appears to have come from the heat. No sign of a wound can be found anywhere. That is the most you can tell without cutting into the body. All signs indicate he either died in the fire, or was overcome by the smoke, and burn afterwards. You can pray it was the second one.


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

Muqaq will collect the burnt gold coins and take them to Sati. Then he will approach Tarin and ask him, "A harrow card flew out of the fire and landed on me when we first arrived. The cyclone. Any idea what it could mean?"


M Half-elf Barbarian 1

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Zerekias manages to catch a glimpse of the odd behavior of Tarin. Narrowing his eyes and observing the Inquisitor for a moment, he lets the matter drop just as quickly and stores it within his memory.

Xanyon wrote:

Xanyon will assist with the search of the area and examination of the corpse.

"Every so often we had to clean up after an accident in the 'works. It was never pretty. This is a bad way to go. Makes you wonder if he was targeted to make them blind without his gifts."

Xanyon examines the corpse for any hidden wounds.

Zerekias, listening to the rambling half-orc, walks over and observes him studying the body. Moving his eyes to the body and then back at Xanyon, "He's dead," he states a bit condescendingly before walking away.


Hp: 9/11
Muqaq al-Varisi wrote:
Muqaq will collect the burnt gold coins and take them to Sati. Then he will approach Tarin and ask him, "A harrow card flew out of the fire and landed on me when we first arrived. The cyclone. Any idea what it could mean?"

Tarin has regained his composure by this time, and shakes his cowled head. "No, I know a little ofHarrow decks, but I am not familiar with the meanings of many cards. The Cyclone certainly seems like a powerful, destructive symbol though. Perhaps Seif-al-Din or the silver lady could help you?"

Brother Larvendi will approach the scout, Dashki, trying to gauge the man's temperament before he speaks.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Sense Motive:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Current Map

The man, Dashki, maintains his own area in the camp; a small fire and his simple bedroll. He is the only one in the camp you can see who does not use a tent. Looking him up and down reveals a bit, but his stoic expression does not reveal much as you take your measure of him. He leans on a staff most of the time, and appears to have slight limp caused by a weak leg, possibly due to an injury. He is dressed in mangy clothes, some no better than rags, and has bare, well calloused feat. As soon as you come within about 3 yards, the odour of unwashed flesh becomes very obvious. His rags include serviceable studded leather under his other strips of cloth, and he wears both a scimitar and a curved knife in his belt. He watches you with darting eyes as you approach him.


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

"Thank you brother." Muqaq says before going to ask Sati about the card. He approaches her and smiles, "Excuse me Sati, but if you have a moment I was wondering if you could help me. Do you know what the Harrow Card cyclone means? One blew out of the fiery wagon at me when we first arrived."


Male Undine Monk of the Empty Hand/1

Perception to hear Muqaq's call to Sati 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Inclining his head towards Muqaq's card "when you're done with that, I'd like to take a look."
Religion check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Arcana check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Current Map

Keep in mind the differences in time. Muqaq and Zerekias went to look over the wagon, and will busy for a few hours. If you are coming over before that job, please say so, or we will assume it happens later in the day, and after Gin and Sati have done their interviews.


Male Undine Monk of the Empty Hand/1
DM Stormwind wrote:
Keep in mind the differences in time. Muqaq and Zerekias went to look over the wagon, and will busy for a few hours. If you are coming over before that job, please say so, or we will assume it happens later in the day, and after Gin and Sati have done their interviews.

Yeah, I kind figured it would be later as you said, they have been checking out the wagon and such, I have just been following Sati around for the interrogation stuff. and even then, I havent been asking questions simply because Gin very much lacks social skills. I can read people, but I cant talk to them at all. I just figured being near Sati, it wouldnt be hard to hear Muqaq's petition to her, so I put my 2 cents in.


Current Map

It was just a reminder in case anyone forgot, and not a reproach. As you were.


Female Aasimar Summoner 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMD 11 | F +2 | R +2 | W +6 | Init +2| Per +7

Sati, looking apologetic, says to Muqaq:

"I'm sorry but I am not familiar with this symbol. Perhaps someone else could help us to interpret its meaning?"


Male Undine Monk of the Empty Hand/1

At Sati's comment Gin looks at the card at his face immediately darkens.
Just using the rolls I made above: Religion of 22 and Arcana 10
"If I understand this card right, it means we have confirmed at least one thing, The fire was no accident." Turning toward Sati and Muqaq, "Someone set that fire and probably wants this caravan as blind as possible. The Cyclone typically marks a powerful force of destruction and whats worse is that its not random. Someone is pulling the strings here and they may cause us more harm if we aren't careful. This card portends war, arson, and destructive plans. I suggest we keep our guard up and in particular watch out for anyone important to this caravan. Not just leadership, but those that could serve as guides. My guess is that, whoever did this will probably want them dead next."


|| BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 20 | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 || Half-Orc Gunslinger/2

Xanyon ignores Zerekias' condescension and moves over to Gin, grinning.

"We should find them first then yes?"

Xanyon watches Dashki as the group approaches.


Female Aasimar Summoner 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMD 11 | F +2 | R +2 | W +6 | Init +2| Per +7

"Perhaps Zastoran would be willing to speak with us - he would have worked closely with Eloais"


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3

"I am sure that he would be willing to talk with us - he was quite grateful when I healed the injured woman... I agree that e need to sort this out as soon as possible."


Male Undine Monk of the Empty Hand/1

"While we need to keep searching, I suggest we keep things as low key as possible. No need to spook people any more than they already are. I suggest we either keep this between us or only tell Almah, but in both cases we act quietly and interview the people here." Seeing the growing group around him, Gin positions himself on the edge of the circle of conversation. Friends are nice, but crowds are not my cup of tea. Then again, neither is this blasted sun...


Current Map

Seif and Sati approach Zastoran, as Xanyon and Gin approach the scout.

Zastoran beams brightly and welcomes you with a bow when he sees Seif coming. To Sati he bows lower. "Welcome friend, friends. It is good to see you, child of the Everlight, though I did not catch your name. And who is this you have brought with you? I don't think I have ever before encountered such loveliness, and to think to meet you here of all places, in the wastes of Katapesh. I would think a palace more suiting to one such as you. I am honoured, dear lady."

"I did not get a chance to thank you at length earlier for your help with the wounded. They are resting now in my wagon. Unless you have more of your Lady's blessings to share, I'm afraid Kallien will have to get used to her scars. By the time I am able to refresh my blessings in prayer tomorrow, I'm afraid natural healing will have begun, and the scars will remain, even after healing. She will have difficulty; she was a pretty girl. Trevvis will never look the same, though he had not so far to fall as she. Is that why you have some? Can you perform more healing?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dark eyed scout watches Xanyon and Gin as they approach him, his countenance dark and brooding. His smell strikes the nostrils at a significant distance, and smells offensive even to a pair who have been travelling in the desert a week, and smell of camel. Once in speaking distance he merely looks at you and gruffly says, "What?"


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3

Seif-al-Din bows.

"A thousand apologies. My name is Seif-al-Din ibn-Subhi."

He frowns when he hears tell that Kallien's beauty will be forever marred, unless something is done soon.

"I have but a little strength left, but I will see what I can do. If you will be so good as to lead the way...?"

Channeling the last of his energy for the day, Seif-al-Din does his best to heal-up Kallien's remaining wounds...

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6.

He then turns to Zastoran with an apologetic smile.

"I am afraid that that is the best that I can do today. I hope that it is enough..."

I am now out of spells :-/

With business out of the way, he continues.

"I am afraid that that was not the only reason we came to speak with you; we have been asked to investigate the fire. Tell me, did you notice any activity around the caravan immediately prior to the conflagration? Anything, or anyone, out of the ordinary?"


Current Map

With the last of your healing energy the final deep and ugly burns on the young woman's face and arm slowly close, heal over, and turn to unmarred pink flesh. You can see now that she is indeed an attractive woman, though muscular and very fit.

Zastoran sighs and relaxes a bit, saying, "Thank you Seif. It appears that the last of your energies were enough. She will be well with some rest."

He turns a checks on the man, Trevvis. He is heavily bandaged, and smells strongly of poultices. He checks his wounds and breathing to make sure he is still well. "He should recover so long as we can prevent infection. I am afraid that I am not long enough in Nethys favour to cure disease, and it seems that you are likewise early in your journey of service, yes? Ah, well we will do for him as we can."

"The fire? Well, just prior to the fire I had been reading by the cook fire while several of my brews were simmering within my wagon. The soldiers were being too loud and so I had just made the decision to get up and check on my potions when I heard the first cries about the fire. I don't remember anything unusual going on really; most people around were just finishing up their mid-day meal."


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3

Seif-al-Din, sadly.

"I am afraid that I am too early in my journey of service and faith to cure disease. I will be happy to see what I can do for him with the mundane healing arts, though, although I am not skilled..."

Heal: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (18) - 3 = 15.

Huh. Substantially better than I was expecting!

"Thank-you for what you were able to tell us; I will be back to check-in on the patients again. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do."

Seif-al-Din then turns to Sati.

"Hmmm... Perhaps we should go and speak with the soldiers, next?"


Female Aasimar Summoner 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMD 11 | F +2 | R +2 | W +6 | Init +2| Per +7

Sati address Zastoran:

Diplomacy 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

"Please accept our condolences - I know you have lost a friend in Eloais. Is there anyone here, or elsewhere, who had reason to quarrel with him?"

"I can also offer some healing to Trevvis, although I too wish I had greater skill to offer"

Heal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Sati then turns to Seif-al-Din:

"Yes, let us go and speak to the soldiers."


Current Map

The healing that you each offer is graciously accepted, though you find that Zastoran's skill is sound, and that the man appears to be well cared for. Spending some time, Sati is able to remove some of the dead skin about the wounds with a blade, which should help reduce the scarring in the long run, and reduce the chances of rot.

Zastoran replies, "If there is anything further you wish to ask, I will be at your disposal. It is a great shame about Eloais; I will miss him. Don't get me wrong, I believe his divinations were nothing more than vague nonsense; the type of fortunes you get in the market square that could apply to anyone. Such drivel more often a cause for confusion than help, and though pains me to say so, it may be that Almah is better off without him. However, he was cultured and well travelled, and a joy to converse with. Who else will be able to discuss the poetry of Bellianais, or the music of far off Absalom. For all his faults, I will miss him."

Turning to Sati he says, "Divine one, you have a skilled and steady hand. I know of no one who bore him any specific ill will. He spent most of his time with Almah; they would often speak late into the night. Besides her, he only really spoke with me, and Garavel on occasion. With the others he only spoke as need required. Not that he had anything against them mind you, he just had little in common."


Current Map

There are two groups of soldiers in the camp, the four personal guards to Almah, who spend most of their time guarding her and do little else, and the six mercenaries. They were hired more recently to defend the group as needed, and perform much of the labour required in such a camp. The two groups do not associate much, and don't appear to be friends. Two of the mercenaries lay within Zastoran's wagon, but the other four are easily located. You find them performing one of the less desirable jobs of a desert camp, spreading the animal droppings to dry so that they might be used for fuel. With little to no wood about save what is left of the Sultan's Claw, the dung chips are the sole source of heat in the camp. The Sultan's Claw is too well known, and the occupants of the camp far to superstitious to ever cut it down for fuel.

The mercenaries are comprised of two women and two men. All are poorly groomed, and wear rusted, dented, and otherwise only haphazardly maintained equipment. Their greasy hair and unkempt appearances make for a distinct difference between them and the highly professional men guarding Almah.

As Sati and Seif approach they look up, and one of the women leans to whisper something to the other, all while looking at Sati. Both women start laughing.


M Half-elf Barbarian 1

Noticing a few members of the group heading toward the scout, Zerekias finds himself curious of the man. He heads that way himself, keeping himself at a minimal distance when he approaches yet not too far out of earshot. As he gets closer, Zerekias sniffs and the odor hits his nostrils. Showing no reaction, "Scent too strong. Be his death." He mumbles to himself as he waits for the others to ask their questions.


Hp: 9/11

Tarin approaches the scout slowly, his hands loosely at his sides. His green eyes, the only part of his body that is visible, are fixed on the man.

"Well met, man. My name is Larvendi of the Brothers of Liberty. You are a scout for this group, yes? You have keen eyes and ears, I imagine. Tell me of this encampment and its people."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Sense Motive for his reaction/response: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


|| BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 20 | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 || Half-Orc Gunslinger/2

"Surely with your keen eyes you've seen anything odd going on. Other than the fire of course."

Diplomacy Assist: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19


Hp: 9/11

Lol good result with a -1 :)

Brother Larvendi fails to acknowledge Xanyon's presence, and maintains his stare on Dashki.


Female Aasimar Summoner 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMD 11 | F +2 | R +2 | W +6 | Init +2| Per +7

Sati addresses the laughing women - her tone and demeanour suggest that she has not noticed their laughter. Mohgwier's reaction, however, hints that Sati is more irritated than she lets on - she paces near Sati's feet protectively and let's out a low threatening growl.

What are they laughing at?

Sense Motive 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Diplomacy 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

"My condolences on the loss of your comrade Eloais. Do you recall anything about the moments before the fire began?"


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

Earlier, after investigating the wagon:

Muqaq nods at Gin, "Thank you for informing me." As the others disperse to interrogate the various members of the Caravan, he decides to go talk to Almah. Making his way over to her he nods to her guards, showing them that his hands are empty. "Excuse me mistress, may I have a moment of your time?"


Current Map

The Scout Dashki

The man shifts nervously as Tarin approaches him, with Xanyon and Gin at his wings. A subtle shift in his stance indicates he feels very uncomfortable with people near him, and he is prepared to defend himself if necessary. His responses are grunted out, reluctant, and brief.

"Bothers of who? Ya, I'm scout; gnoll expert too. I didn't see anything strange. Was eating by the fire, like everyone else. Idiot probably did himself in; he burned a hundred candles in that wagon."

The Mercenaries

The two women look at each other before responding, and one of them starts laughing again. The other says, "The palmreader? We met him all of two weeks ago, and he was no comrade of ours. And see something? What do you think that there was to see. We were all stuffing our faces and trying to get in a little grog before we had to go back to this $h!t fest. Dumb a$$ Trevvis is drunk enough that he runs over without a thought, playing hero, and his doxy Kallien dives right in after him! Guess she couldn't bear the idea of sleeping with her legs touching each other."

The other one cuts in, "You can't hardly blame her, Trevvis is a beast. If I was still with him, I might have done the same. Protecting my investment, you know?" She breaks down laughing again and the two start off into an extremely frank discussion of which of their male companions is better to sleep with and why, despite two of them standing only a few feet off. They appear unflustered, and one just rolls his eyes.

Almah - 2+ hours later

When Muqaq arrives to see Almah, he is shown back to her tent, which is easily large enough to stand, and walk about in. The guard pokes his head in, and a few murmured words are heard. He then pulls back the cloth of the door, and waves you in.

Inside, the tent is very comfortably laid out, with an eating area, several chests, two sleeping cots, and a second table with a map laid out upon it. Garavel is standing at this table, looking over the map, while Almah is seated and drinking a glass of wine.

Garavel says, "Mistress, may I introduce Muqaq al-Varisi; sorcerer. He is quite talented with fire, and showed me a few interesting tricks during our first meeting."

She looks up from her wine with a twinkle of interest in her eyes, "al-Varisi? You are from Varisia? What part?"


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

Muqaq looks down at the floor and clears his throat before answering Almah. "I don't tell this to many, but my father and I ran with a clan of Sczarni. So all the parts, I guess." He waits for her response before continuing.


Current Map

She looks considering, as if she is not sure what to make if that; whether it should count against you in her opinion, or perhaps for you. A moment later it seems she decides that for now, she will consider it merely interesting, and give it more thought later.

"What can I do for you, Muqaq al-Varisi?"


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

"I was wondering if you had any opinions on how the fire got started? You seem like a sharp woman, and though our companions have been questioning the others, I'd like to hear your suspicions before I join them." Muqaq says while kneeling and bowing his head low.


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3

The Mercenaries:

The skin around Seif-al-Din's eyes wrinkles slightly, the only indication that he finds the women mildly offensive.

One cannot be blamed for how they are made. They may never have been offered a better path...

Trying to get them back on target before they derail the conversation completely with their salacious gossiping, he interrupts:

"Fair enough. I understand that you did not see anything, because you were eating, but do you know if anyone would have had a grudge against him?"


Current Map

The Mercenaries

The gazes of both women move to Seif, and then lock there. The more salacious of the two says, "Oh, silver hair; who have you brought with you? Is he yours? If not... wow. A Keleshite with blue eyes? Now there's something I've never seen before..."

Both the women are of Keleshite ancestry themselves, and despite their present lack of sophisticated grooming, both are very fit and attractive. Both have the bronze skin you would expect, and each has a even dark tan from their work under the desert sun. The first one who spoke when you first arrived is the taller of the two, and while she has dark, nearly black eyes, the shorter one sports eyes of brilliant green.

They move to either side of Sati in order to stand on either side of the Suli holy man. The shorter one puts her hands on Seif's arm and says, "Look at these shoulders; you're as big as an ox."

The taller links arms with Seif in a familiar way, "Very solid, and not at all hard to look at, is he Yesper?" she reaches out a hand and touches the symbol of Sarenrae at Seif's neck, "And a religious man as well?"

Yesper reponds, "Well you know what they say, What happens after dark need never be known to the Dawnflower*. He's bigger than Trevvis by half, at least the parts we can see now are anyhow." She leans closer to whisper in Seif's ear, "We'll find out about the rest soon I hope."

* Kn: Religion DC 15:
This saying, and variations of it are common, but more so among casual observers of the faith than dedicated adherents.

The taller one leans in and says, We'll see who he'd like to get to know better first; or perhaps you want to get to know us both, if that's your thing... I'm Brotis, that's Yesper. You'll want to remember that."

The male mercenary who rolled his eyes before does so again, and steps forward to talk to Sati. He is broad in the chest, and muscular; he stands a touch over six feet and is dressed in slightly rusted scale armour.

To Sati he says, "Never mind them; they're incorrigible. I'm Utarchus."

His mate steps up next to him and says, "And I'm available. He is as large and broad as Utarchus, but not quite as tall. He is stripped to the waist, but has a chain skirt wrapped about his leggings. The rest of his armour is piled haphazardly to one side. As unlikely as it is to impress Sati, he stands square to her and sets his pectorals dancing, in alternating jumps. "If you're interesting in putting what those ladies said to the test, I'd be more than happy to show you things you have never seen before, or ever will again." He finishes off with a toothy grin.

Utarchus, apparently tired of rolling his eyes, now buries his face in his hand, rubbing his eyes as though he has a great headache. "He's Dullen, and he's mostly harmless. As for the ladies, they're unstoppable once they've set their eyes on something. You'd best tell him to just give them what they want. They'll get bored and move on. Otherwise they'll never stop. As for who might have something against Eloais? I'd check into that expert Almah brought on from Solku, Dashki; if you can stand to get close enough to him to ask. He's obsessed with Almah, and likely to get jealous. Eloais was young, and well dressed. The only reason those two never tried to get their claws into him was because they were afraid he was the bosses man."

Dullen cuts in saying, "Almah stayed late in his tent almost every night, receiving divinations. It's a bit more likely they were playing hide the magic wand; a game at I'm pretty good at myself, if I..."

Utarchus cuts him off, "Ya, the first part is true, and second pretty likely."

Dullen, "And that last part is definitely tr..."

"Check out the scout. You won't be wasting your time there," Utarchus finishes off.


Current Map

Almah's Tent

Almah considers a moment before responding, "I find it suspicious enough that I think it warrants investigation. Eloais was a talented Seer, and I find it hard to believe a simple accident would have taken him unaware. If someone is responsible, I want evidence of it, and not just suspicions. I don't know who could have been, but I'd check on the newer members of the company first. The Mercenaries, the Gnoll expert Dashki, and the animal keepers. My guards are unlikely, and Zastoran even more so."

" I didn't know Eloais long, but I liked him. I've never had the chance to visit Varisia, even though my family hails from there, and having a Harrower just felt... right. I thought the chance of meeting one here in Katapesh was just so unlikely, that it must be fate. He agreed. His readings just seemed so insightful, I thought I had found what I truly needed for this expedition. And to know he burned to death..."

She begins to choke up, and closes her eyes to regain her resolve.

"As I said, if someone is responsible, I want to know it. Know it for certain, and see that they are punished for it."


Hp: 9/11

Brother Larvendi moves closer to Dashki, and his voice growls. "'Did himself in'? That's it? I suggest you think harder about what you saw. A scout with no information is considered, at best, useless. At worst, suspicious."

Intimidate attempt together him to tell Tarin anything he may be hiding:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

Muqaq lowers his eyes as her emotions nearly overtake her. "I'm sorry for your loss mistress. I will do what I can to find the truth, though I fear I'm not particularly good at this sort of thing. Do you know much about Harrow decks?" he asks, pulling the burnt Cyclone card from what remains of his clothes. "This blew out of Eloais' wagon when we first arrived. My companions tell me it is an ill omen, but it did belong to Eloais. Would you like to have it?" He holds out the burnt card, offering it to her.


Female Aasimar Summoner 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMD 11 | F +2 | R +2 | W +6 | Init +2| Per +7

Sati, pointedly ignoring Dullen, addresses Utarchus:

"Thank you for the information about Eloais. If you recall any details about the moments before the fire then please let me know. Good day."

She turns to Seif -

"Shall we go and re-join our colleagues?"


|| BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 20 | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 || Half-Orc Gunslinger/2

The Scout Dashki

"You didn't care for the man then?"


Male Undine Monk of the Empty Hand/1

ugh, So confusing to figure out who is doing what with 3 different conversations going on. Oh well, Still funny to read the different conversations.
As Xanyon and Tarin milk Dashki for information, Gin watches for any sign of a tell that would give away someone as telling half-truths or blatant lies.

Sense Motive:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


M Half-elf Barbarian 1

I'm with ya, Gin. :p

Zerekias continues to watch and wait to see what might transpire between the two members of the group and the scout.


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

If it would make it easier for you two, we could start labeling our posts with location and who's present. Ie Almah's Tent (Almah, Muqaq, guards)


M Half-elf Barbarian 1

Nahhh! It's all good, dude. It's great! Heck, I'm impressed with Storm's ability to keep it all straight himself! We're all locked on our own individual conversation but Storm's got to work every single one of 'em! :P


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3

The Mercenaries:

over-sexed mercenaries wrote:
The taller one leans in and says, "We'll see who he'd like to get to know better first; or perhaps you want to get to know us both, if that's your thing... I'm Brotis, that's Yesper. You'll want to remember that."

Knowledge(Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9.

"I will try to remember that", Seif-al-Din notes dryly. "To the best of my knowledge, I am... fairly unusual."

He then nods to Sati.

"We should probably consult with the others, and see what they have learned."

Seif-al-Din then bows to the ladies.

"I am sure that we will see each other again."

With as much tact and delicacy as he can muster, he then extracts himself from the women, and heads off to find the others.


Current Map

Sorry to those who are confused by the interlaced locations and conversations; a standard risk of splitting the party. Even on a PbP it has its risks. I had not even noticed that they might be hard to follow, as remembering conversations and who said what is a large part of what I do in my day job (therapist). I will try to keep it as clear as possible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

With the Scout - Dashki (With Dashki, Tarin and Xanyon, and Gin and Zerekias lurking behind)

Dashki takes a step back when confronted with Tarin's aggressive tone. He steps back into a bit of a defensive posture, his hand coming up instinctively to grip the handle of his sword.

"Hey, I had nothing to do with the death of that fool! Nothing! How do we even know the fire was set? He did burn candles in his wagon, far too many, and at all times, even when he was not there! Perhaps it finally caught up with him or he just got unlucky. We’re in gnoll country. Pugwampis could make anyone's luck turn against them; it was probably Pugwampis!”

Gin:
He is animated and protesting perhaps too vigourusly, but he appears to believe what he is saying.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Almah (With Almah, Garavel, and Muqaq)

Almah reaches out her hand and takes the card. Her eyes grow glossy again. "It is an ill omen, one that speaks of war and destruction. Without Eloais though, I have no idea what it might mean for us. Does it refer to his death, or perhaps the death of the gnolls we'll be fighting soon, or our deaths at their hands? He might have been able to tell us... If there is nothing else, Garavel and I have more plans to speak of here."

Unless there is something further you would like to say, it seems that you are being dismissed, though perhaps more to protect her from emotional outburst than genuine business.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mercenaries (With Sati and Seif)

The two ladies allow Seif to extract himself without too much difficulty. They both give him a petulant look before letting go. "See you while the Everlight sleeps," Brotis calls as you walk away.

Walking a short distance, you can still see Muqaq going over the wreckage of the burned out wagon. Zerekias it appears has taken a break and is standing near Tarin and Xanyon, who are talking to the dirty looking scout. Gin stands nearby as well, casting on quizzical eyes. The scout is speaking loudly, almost shouting, and stands in a fighter's stance, with one hand on the hilt of his as yet undrawn scimitar.

101 to 150 of 1,999 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Stormwind's Legacy of Fire - Game play All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.