Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Stormwind's Legacy of Fire - The Heavens aligned against us.

Game Master LastNameOnEarth

DM Stormwind brings you the Legacy of Fire Adventure Path, in a no holds barred, optimization required, high difficulty delivery.


51 to 100 of 2,103 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Hp: 9/11

So, time to ride out? Tarin 's eager to find a chance to redeem himself and be brave after getting stared down by Garavel...


Current Map

Without much of any further discussion occurring, Garavel finishes the sip of water he was taking from a small ivory cup, rises from where he was sitting upon the ground, and gives a sharp gesture indicating all present should mount into their saddles. He himself swings up with no trouble, the camel apparently sensing his mood, and offering no resistance.

Within moments everyone is remounted and moving forward. As promised, Garavel draws up after less than an hour, and points wordlessly to a narrow draw in a 20 ft stony cliff face. The narrow canyon twists for a ways before opening out before a steep hill. Just beyond the crest of the hill, a strange sight lies before you.

"It is called the Sultan's Claw." Garavel says with some gravity.

Before you lies an immense craggy tree. With five huge, mostly leafless branches, the growth looks more like a giant skeletal talon than a thing of living wood. As you begin to top the hill, there becomes little doubt why it is called by that name.

As you crest the last rise, a caravan of a half-dozen wagons and a large tent clustered around the distinctive tree comes into view. Camels in a nearby pen prance in agitation, and a clutch of confused goats and livestock wander the grounds around the wagons. Perhaps a dozen men and women rush around the campsite, chasing down an animal or hastening toward the center of the cluster, near the Sultan’s Claw, with pails of water in their hands. One of the wagons is on fire!

Lush orange and red flames engulf an elaborate wooden wagon emblazoned with painted moons and stars. A gout of smoke pours from an open door, and as you approach an ill wind blows a number of colorful fortune-telling Harrow cards from inside the wagon. One of the cards, still flaming about the edges and driven by the hot wind slaps against Muqaq's chest and stays there, pinned by the hot blast of air that preceded it. Slapping at the card once to smother the flames, Muqaq finds the card in his hand. A colourful illustration of the Cyclone meets his eyes.

Knowledge: Arcana or Religion 15:
The Cyclone, signifies a force that tears through whatever it meets at the behest of an intelligent being. The card portends war, arson, and destructive plans.

As each of you draws your eyes from the card back to the wagon, the whole of the Sultan’s Claw erupts into brilliant flame.

The central flap of an elaborate tent flies open and a regal woman who can only be Garavel's employer steps out into the firelit night. “Douse that flame!” she shouts to the men surrounding the wagon before turning in your direction. “Ah, Garavel!” she says. “And just a moment later than the nick of time, as usual.”

Looking specifically past her major domo and directly at you, mounted on your increasingly reluctant camels, barks out a simple order before running off toward the fire: “Find some way to help!”

Casting your sight around quickly, you spy a few immediate needs and areas where you could help. Garavel immediately drops from his saddle and rushes to help with the fire, shouting for the men and women near it to form a bucket line to the large water barrel some 20 ft from the wagon. It is big, but a large enough man might actually be able to move the whole thing. Near the burning wagon four burly mercenaries are struggling to pull a covered wagon away from the one that is presently aflame, trying to get some distance between the two before the fire jumps to the second vehicle. Two badly burned men lie to one side while a white haired old man kneels beside them, apparently praying and perhaps tending their wounds. Much needed animals, including camels, goats, pigs, and sheep run panicked, scattering in every direction.

Please tell me where you would like to render aid, and what precisely you are doing to help.


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

"Heh, haven't seen one of these since I left Varisia." Muqaq remarks Have to puzzle out its meaning later. He tucks the card away, turning quickly to the woman who emerged from the tent. "Is there anything inside that wagon that can't be lost?" He asks, as he begins to strip quickly out of his clothes.


Current Map

One of the women lugging a bucket shouts back to Muquq, "It's Eloais wagon, he was in there! They tried to go in to get him, but the flames were too much!" She points to the two burned and still smoking men lying nearby with the white haired man.

The wagon itself it rapidly becoming a fireball, and it seems unlikely in the extreme that anyone inside could be alive.


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

Muqaq doesn't bother removing the rest of his clothes and instead sprints into the wagon to look for Eloais. Dawnflower protect me!

If Muqaq doesn't die in one round, and he's taking a lot of damage then he'll jump back out of the wagon. If he can grab Eloais he will, even if he/she's already dead.


Current Map

Muqaq races towards the wagon. His shirt can be seen to be starting to smoke before he even gets through the threshold. As he dives through the smouldering door it bursts into cinders and collapses in a heap of coals and ashes.

Muqaq:
The wagon is filled with smoke and you cannot see anything, save the orange glow of fire. From the outside you could see that the wagon was not large inside, perhaps 6 by 12 ft, if someone is in here, you might be able to find them by touch. The heat however is intense. Were is not for your heritage, you might have been overwhelmed already. As it is, even your red skin is beginning to blister. The heat is extreme, the pain excruciating, and you will not withstand either for long.

Take 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7 damage, -5 for your Fire resistance.
Please make a DC 14 Fort Save vs. smoke, or take 1 point CON damage.

This is just Muqaq's round one action, so everyone else please make your intentions known as well.


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3

Seif-al-Din looks in stunned silence for a moment. He then swallows hard, hurriedly dismounts, and rushes forward to render whatever aid he can...


Hp: 9/11

Knowledge (R): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Brother Larvendi heads over to help move the large water barrel, calling for the powerful Seif-al-Din to help, unless Seif-al-Din is effectively occupied. He will attempt to move the barrel to the nearest helpful place, probably the main blaze (Edit: Str 20). He will then begin repeatedly casting create water directly on the flames.


Current Map
Seif-al-Din ibn-Subhi wrote:

Seif-al-Din looks in stunned silence for a moment. He then swallows hard, hurriedly dismounts, and rushes forward to render whatever aid he can...

Anything specific?

Edit: If you heed Brother Larvendi's call, you can perform an aid other to help him move the barrel (you are both STR 20). STR check for each, DC 15 for the aid other, DC 20 to move the barrel. As Tarin was moving first, I'll consider him primary, and Seif the aiding party.


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

Fort save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Muqaq roars in pain, coughing.

I have a question on the mechanics of feeling around for this person. Will it be a move action to feel for them and a standard action to grab them, then another move to get out? Or something else?

Seif, help the other mercs push the cart away. It probably has important stuff on it! Also if you're pushing things guys might as well include str checks. I'm guessing DM will ask for them.


Hp: 9/11

"Sief-al-Din! Over here!"


Current Map
Muqaq al-Varisi wrote:

Fort save 1d20+1

Muqaq roars in pain, coughing.

I have a question on the mechanics of feeling around for this person. Will it be a move action to feel for them and a standard action to grab them, then another move to get out? Or something else?

Seif, help the other mercs push the cart away. It probably has important stuff on it! Also if you're pushing things guys might as well include str checks. I'm guessing DM will ask for them.

Yup. Check the edit on my last post.

Muqaq: largely playing it by ear. I'm not aware of any detailed mechanics for entering a burning structure. A search is generally a Move Action, and picking him up would be a standard. You will have to search each 5 ft square separately as you cannot see, and as it is an irregular space, we'll say the wagon has 3 spaces. If the bloke is in here, we'll roll his location randomly. The damage and smoke inhalation damage will continue each round.


Hp: 9/11

Str check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3

Wordlessly, Seif-al-Din rushes over to the barrel.

"Dawnflower grant me strength..."

He then bends down, and attempts to lift the barrel...

Strength check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24.

...staggering over to the fire, in an attempt to put it out.


Hp: 9/11

Nice roll! Your aid other roll gets us over the line for a 21 :)


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

Okay, yeah, not gonna die for a dead guy. Posting my round 2 now, as I might not be able to later.

Round 2

Muqaq will stumble backward out of the wagon, coughing and hacking a grim look on his face. Not even I would survive that blaze. Then he will step over and aid the three mercenaries in pushing the other wagon away.

Str check 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14


Current Map

Love to keep it going guys, but it's 01:00, and I should call it a night. I'll update tomorrow. Hopefully everyone will have had a chance to check in.


Hp: 9/11

Well, we can't really progress much further immediately anyway :)


Male Undine Monk of the Empty Hand/1

dont know if many people have seen this This has heat, fire, and smoke rules as well as how to douse them with in game materials. I figure this might help us all be able to use what supplies we have a little better.
Upon sight of the burning wagon, Gin leaps from his camel and runs to the nearest supply of water, looking for something to carry it in be it some buckets or his own flasks though, the latter will clearly not work well in the current conditions but hey, its better than nothing.


|| BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 20 | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 || Half-Orc Gunslinger/2

Knowing he is no use with the animals and wishing to stay as far away from the fire as possible, Xanyon moves to assist with the wagon.

STR: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Female Aasimar Summoner 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMD 11 | F +2 | R +2 | W +6 | Init +2| Per +7

Sati deftly maneuvers around the fire and the wounded to reach the camels, goats, and livestock.

Handle Animal1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

She appears to be trying to calm them, but is having little success.

Mohgwier is, uncharacteristically, separated from her mistress and appears to be herding the animals back into their pens.


Current Map

Together, Sief and Torin manage to lift the huge water barrel. A few of the men and women gathered for the bucket line look on, wide eyed at the impressive display of strength. Slowly, they each get a grip under the barrel, and then start walking it towards the wagon as quickly as possible.

Just as they arrive next to it, Muqaq reemerges from the interior of the wagon, his clothes flaming and smoke pouring out around him. Parts of his clothing are burned away, revealing burns and blisters. Parts of his burning clothing continue to flake away as it continues to burn. Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5 The flames are uncomfortably hot, but insufficient to cause any actual damage to him. He is able to grab a bucket of water from a stunned looking man and upend it over his head, dousing the flames.

Plenty of spare buckets lie about, so Gin is able to find one without trouble. However, the only source of water appears to be the gigantic barrel, currently hoisted into the air by Seif and Tarin.

Javell mentioned that he works until the evening, so we'll just have him join Xanyon in moving the wagon. As Xanyon was here to roll for himself, he will be primary with Zerekias assisting. Strength Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Sufficient to aid another.

Xanyon joins the four men attempting to move the wagon, along with Zerekias. All six men strain against a wagon meant to be pulled by a team of oxen. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10;1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5;1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15;1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16. Even with that many men pushing, the wagon does not want to move, having settled into place in the dusty ground.

Sati dismounts from her camel and moves to the animals, trying to calm some of them and keep them from bolting. Unfortunately, her rapid approach seems to spook the sheep she was running to aid, causing it to bolt in a different direction. Mohgwier however appears to have better success containing them. They are as afraid of the weasel faced creature as they are of the fire, but his presence seems to keep them from bolting out of the camp entirely. He has not helped to calm them, but he has provided extra time for others to do so.

Moments after Muqaq leaps from the wagon, Seif and Tarin manage reach it and upend the barrel onto it. One of the onlookers shouts, "Wait! A huge gout of steam and smoke erupt from the wagon, and the wagon screeches with a loud sizzling sound. When the cloud clears, the wagon appear to be smouldering, but the flames are out.


Hp: 9/11

Tarin calls out to Cayden Cailean, casting create water on the nearest spot fire.


Female Aasimar Summoner 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMD 11 | F +2 | R +2 | W +6 | Init +2| Per +7

Sati tries again to calm the panicking animals.

Handle Animal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 - crappy rolls today ;P

Mohgwier continues to guide the animals back to their pens.


M Half-elf Barbarian 1

Thanks for the DMPC, Storm! Good call.

As the group manages to get the fire out, Zerekias wipes the sweat from his brow as he turns his attention to the shouting onlooker. Moving over towards him, his stoic gaze boring holes through the man, he waits for an explanation.


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

With most of the flames extinguished Muqaq will peer into the smouldering wagon. If there is anything moving inside, he will go back in. If the other wagon is still in danger from the burning tree, he will lend his shoulder to the effort to move it. If that situation is also under control he will lend his hand trying to gather the animals.

Perception for burning wagon 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Strength check if needed 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Handle Animal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Eidolon 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 (T 12, FF 16) | CMD 15 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +2| Per +5

Mohgwier attempts to guide all of the animals safely back to their pen.

She tries to calm them
Handle Animal 1d20 ⇒ 1
but finds that they only become more distressed in her presence.


|| BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 20 | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 || Half-Orc Gunslinger/2

Xanyon puts his back into heaving the wagon forward again.

"Come on!"

STR: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Current Map

The fire essentially out, the second wagon is most likely out of danger unless the tree collapses, and so the mercenaries pushing it allow themselves to relax a bit. They don't go far though, eyeing the massive burning tree warily. Tarin creates a gallon of water in midair that slashes down and blackens some of the redder coals.

Peering in, Muqaq is unable to see anything yet, as the steam has not cleared, and everything within is black and coated with layers of ash and charcoal. It seems clear that nothing human could be alive in there, the flames were far too intense.

The man, now a bit taken aback at the look he receives from Zerekias. He stammers for a second and then says, "That was the camp's entire water supply; enough for everyone here for a week. There is no source of water near here, and now someone will have to go to find more..."

When Muqaq comes to the wagon to help, those gathered aroundit get ready to push it again. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5;1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11;1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15;1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 One successful aid from the mercs.
Rolls from Zerekias please? Seif? What are you doing?

The white haired man calls out from where he is tending the two wounded, "A little help here! I've got Trevvis, but someone needs to see to Kallien!

Sati moves about trying to catch and calm some of the animals, but they continue to scatter. Mohgwier starts to find his efforts futile as the animals start treating him like a predator, and baiting him so others can slip past. A few more of the critters dart out into the wilderness.


Hp: 9/11

Checking to see if Tarin hears Zerekias's converstaion with the camp fellow.

Peception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3
Unnamed NPC wrote:
The man, now a bit taken aback at the look he receives from Zerekias. He stammers for a second and then says, "That was the camp's entire water supply; enough for everyone here for a week. There is no source of water near here, and now someone will have to go to find more..."

Seif-al-Din raises a hand in a calming gesture.

"We thought that putting out the fire was of immediate import. Fortunately, through the grace of the Dawnflower, I have the ability to conjure water from thin air, so that should help to ameliorate the sudden water-shortage."

Unnamed NPC 2 wrote:
The white haired man calls out from where he is tending the two wounded, "A little help here! I've got Trevvis, but someone needs to see to Kallien!"

Heeding the man's call, Seif-al-Din rushes over to get a look at 'Kallien'.

"Allow me."

Invoking the radiance of the Everlight, he channels healing energy into the injured Kallien.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5.


Hp: 9/11

Assuming that nat 20 gets me over the line :) Anything else I may have noticed?

I add my voice to Seif-al-Din's in offering continuous water through the grace of Cayden. Unsure of what else to do, I will start creating water to partially refill the barrel in case anyone's thirsty from firefighting.


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

"Can someone strong come help with the wagon before all the animals get away? My talents lie more in charming than lifting." Muqaq says. He will abandon the wagon pushing in an attempt to assist Sati with the animals.

Charisma check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Apparently you can't use handle animal untrained T_T


Female Aasimar Summoner 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMD 11 | F +2 | R +2 | W +6 | Init +2| Per +7

Sati continues to try to calm the animals, despite having limited success so far:

Handle Animal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

She looks up and acknowledges Muqaq with a nod as he approaches to assist with the animals.

Mohgwier, resigned to the fact that the animals find her unnerving, paces a perimeter around the camels, goats, and livestock to prevent any from running away.


Current Map

The caravan's resident animal handlers finish securing the camels they were working with, and rush to help calm the escaping creatures.

Handle Animal1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Handle Animal1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

With Sati and Muqaq's help, they manage to get those remaining in the camp corralled back into their pens. 1d6 ⇒ 1 goat escaped the action and can be seen standing free on a large rock some 100 yards outside the camp.

The mercenary Seif approaches turns out to be a young woman, dressed in burned and singed leather armour, she appears to be in poor shape, and barely breathing. Without intervention, she likely would have died soon. Seif lays his hands upon her and heals her with a prayer, and her breathing immediately calms and becomes more even. She remains unconscious and her breathing is shallow and ragged, but it is steady and even. Her burns are severe and cover much of her legs, arms, and face. While she appears to have been a pretty woman before the burns, unless healed by magic, the scars will likely make sure that is never the case again.

After demonstrating his ability to create water, Talin is summoned to help move the wagon with Xanyon and Zerekias. With a wave from the others, Gin rushes to help as well.

As the strongest one here, we'll make Talin primary.
Talins's STR Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Xanyon's STR Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Zerekias's STR Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Gin's STR Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Merc 1's STR Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Merc 2's STR Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Merc 3's STR Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Merc 4's STR Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
THough the numbers still do not meet the DC of the goal, I'm going to say you manage it through sheer weight of numbers.

The wagon finally shifts from its settled position beneath the tree and the team pushes it well away, runs around to the other side, and then pushes against it till it stops. A few rocks are pilled about the wheels to keep it from rolling any further.

Most of the crises appear to be dealt with now, though the giant tree still burns, and a single goat still needs to be recaptured.


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

Muqaq is going to sit down, still dizzy from the smoke he inhaled. He looks around for the woman that commanded them to help, wondering what she's doing.


|| BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 20 | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 || Half-Orc Gunslinger/2

Xanyon casts about for more to do, realizing they have no water to douse the tree and having no desire to get too close to the fire anyway, he waits for further instructions.


Female Aasimar Summoner 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMD 11 | F +2 | R +2 | W +6 | Init +2| Per +7

Sati sees the lone goat separated from the others and walks slowly towards it in hopes of guiding it back to the pen.

Handle Animal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Eidolon 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 (T 12, FF 16) | CMD 15 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +2| Per +5

Mohgwier, knowing that she would more likely hinder than help Sati in her mission, lies down in the shade of one of the wagons. Even at rest, her keen eyes seem to take in all that is going on around her.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Current Map

Sati goes out to chase down the errant goat and leads it back in, Mohgwier following her at a distance.
Remember Sati that an Eidolon has a max range of 100 ft it can travel from you before it starts losing HP, the goat is 300 ft out, so unless you want Mohgwier to suffer some damage, he'll have to go with you.
Mohgwier keeps a keen eye watching for danger, but fortunately, there do not seem to be any, and the goat is brought back without difficulty.

The large tree known as the Sultan's Claw eventually burns itself out, the large truck being far too thick to succumb to a casual burning. Many of the smaller branches are consumed however, and smaller limbs that would have ignited the second wagon, had it not been moved, occasionally break off and drift to the ground.

The man who took the would be heroes to task over the empty barrel now eyes it suspiciously, as if considering or doubting whether the power displayed by Tarin could actually fill such a large vessel. The barrel must hold near 100 gallons when completely full.
Remember that summoned water from the Create Water spell disappears after 24 hours if not consumed. You will need to set aside time each day to create enough water for the following day.

As the new arrivals eventually filter back to secure their camels and claim their belongings from them, Garavel rejoins you. With him is the well dressed woman you presumed to be your employer. She is a beautiful young woman, though in the presence of someone like Sati, her good looks appear somewhat ordinary, where Sati's looks are exotic, and quite probably the most beautiful any of you have ever seen. The woman looks around the group, her eyes growing wider as she takes in the strange collection of demi-humans her major domo has brought her, and widening to where you can see the whites of her eyes when she takes in the delicate Aasimar. However, she recovers quickly and turns to Garavel.

"So, these are the new recruits you have brought me, Garavel? An interesting collection. Well I trust that you are all competent to do the job at hand, as I trust Garavel to show good judgement in his selections. I am Almah, and you all now work for me. Garavel has told you our ultimate purpose, and while I will receive your council on how our goals might be accomplished, I expect no descent once I have made my decision. Clear?"

She pauses for a moment to see if anyone objects. She peers around, but avoids looking at Sati. The woman's colouring mark her as someone from afar, perhaps Varisia, or one of the other northern nations, but her accent is native to Katapesh.

Picture of Almah

"Now, there is an immediate concern at hand, which is how the hell did that fire start in the middle of our camp? I've lost my seer as a result, and I want to know if anyone is at fault. If it was an accident, fine, but if anyone harmed him, I will see that they are punished appropriately. None of you was here when the fire started, so as your first assignment, I will have you assist Garavel in determining the nature of this fire, and whether anyone is at fault. You may go where you need to investigate, and speak with all concerned. If they resist your questions, you may tell them you are asking on my authority. Take no action against anyone without my leave however. No one is to be harmed or punished without my express order. Any questions?


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3
DM Stormwind wrote:
She remains unconscious and her breathing is shallow and ragged, but it is steady and even. Her burns are severe and cover much of her legs, arms, and face. While she appears to have been a pretty woman before the burns, unless healed by magic, the scars will likely make sure that is never the case again.

"We can't have that..."

Concentrating, Seif-al-Din channels further healing energy into the young woman.

"Wake-up, young lady..."

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5.

DM Stormwind wrote:
Remember that summoned water from the Create Water spell disappears after 24 hours if not consumed. You will need to set aside time each day to create enough water for the following day.

True, but we each create 2 gallons per casting, so with 25 castings (each), or 2.5 minutes of concentrated casting, we can actually fill the barrel every day, if necessary ;-)

Seif-al-Din breathes a sigh of relief once the fire is under control, and everything is (more or less) stabilised.

Almah wrote:
"I am Almah, and you all now work for me. Garavel has told you our ultimate purpose, and while I will receive your council on how our goals might be accomplished, I expect no descent once I have made my decision. Clear?"

Seif-al-Din bows.

"Greetings my lady. I am sorry for your loss. Rest assured, once terms have been agreed to, and a contract made, I have no intention of dissenting; breaking a contract is bad for business, after all. I have no further questions."


Female Aasimar Summoner 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMD 11 | F +2 | R +2 | W +6 | Init +2| Per +7

Sati notes Almah's reaction to her presence in the group. She listens closely to what Almah is saying and decides to try and suss out what is remaining unsaid.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

"I, for my part, will do my best to determine how this fire began and who, if anyone, was behind it."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


Hp: 9/11

DM Stormwind:
Once he has filled much of the barrel, Tarin remains quiet - he is in fact suffering some delayed shock from the blazing flames, and the sight of those wounded by it, as it has brought forth memories of his own scarring by fire. He is even shaking slightly - do you want to let people make Perception checks to notice this?


M Half-elf Barbarian 1

Zerekias takes in the man's concerns and notices the others creating water. Turning back to the man, Zerekias nods and walks away.

As order is eventually restored and Garavel arrives with Almah, Zerekias listens to her speak with his arms crossed. Once she's done with her instructions, he uncrosses his arms and heads toward where the wagon initially was and begins searching the area for any sign of a clue to the fire.

Take 20 on Perception for +28. Will take 20 on Survival also to search for tracks for +28. I know, that one's a long shot.


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

"I will do what I can mistress Almah." Muqaq says. He will walk over to the burning wagon with Zerekias and examine the burnt out shell.

Take 20 to assist.


|| BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 20 | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 || Half-Orc Gunslinger/2

Xanyon nods and turns to the rest of his traveling companions.

"I have seen the Alkenstar Defense Force at work many times. I even thought about joining the ADF but I didn't meet the maximum height requirement. Anybody here really good with people?"

Not that I've noticed of course but maybe they have hidden depths?


Female Aasimar Summoner 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMD 11 | F +2 | R +2 | W +6 | Init +2| Per +7

Sati turns to Xanyon and says "I am skilled in the art of diplomacy. Where or how would you suggest we begin this investigation?"


|| BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 20 | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 || Half-Orc Gunslinger/2

Xanyon looks at the young aasimar before turning back to the tree.

"In Alkenstar fire was always watched. You put fire in the wrong place and there wouldn't be an Alkenstar. So who guards the tree and who watches the fire?"


Male Undine Monk of the Empty Hand/1

Gin looks at both Sati and Xanyon, "I may not be much help when it comes to talking to people. Some might say I have a lead tongue in some respects. However, I do pride myself on spotting lies and deceit. I'll help how I can."


Current Map

Before the Meeting With Almah:

Seif - The woman's wounds begin to heal before your eyes as you lay your healing touch upon her. By the time you have lain your third blessing upon her, all but the worst of the burns have healed over, most with no sign, and only a touch of redness appearing on the otherwise pink new skin. The worst of the burns however, on the right side of her face and right arm are still raw, and the skin mottled and warped. They look like old burns, but the scars are still evident. Another healing might be able to heal them away, but as it is... These scars will remain. She begins to regain consciousness, blinking her eyes open slowly and looking around in confusion. She coughs, and what is at first a simple procedure turns into a full body affair as she is racked with spasms of coughing that seem to use her whole body. She coughs up grey and black gobs from her lungs and continues for near a minute before culminating in vomiting. She rolls back wiping her mouth. She says nothing but the look in her eyes is one of wonder as she is surprised, but glad, to be alive. As she lays herself back down, she falls instantly asleep. While you're magic has returned most of the strength to her body, it will probably take time to heal the deeper damage to her lungs.

The man beside you, the one with the white hair, nods at you and smiles from where he is tending the second man. He is bandaging the man's wounds as opposed to healing them, but the man appears stable and is breathing evenly. The old man is wearing a symbol of Nethys around his neck, and you can see his staff of office near by, leaning on a smaller tree. He explains, "I was crafting potions when I heard the cries go up about the fire. I'd exhausted my spells and so had no magic to use upon these wounded. And I did not think to ask for the blessing of a Stabilizing touch today. Thank you for your assistance, child of the Everlight. May she smile on you. And the thanks of Nethys and this humble servant. I am Zastoran, Priest of Nethys."

Picture of Zastoran

----------------------------------------------------------------
To anyone near Tarin:

Sense Motive 12 or Perception 15:
Tarin stands near the wounded mercenaries. He appears to be a thousand miles away and his eyes are focused as if he were looking at something that far away. Whatever is going through his mind seems to be all consuming, and he stands now in a trance.

51 to 100 of 2,103 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Stormwind's Legacy of Fire - Game play All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.