Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Stormwind's Legacy of Fire - The Heavens aligned against us.

Game Master LastNameOnEarth

DM Stormwind brings you the Legacy of Fire Adventure Path, in a no holds barred, optimization required, high difficulty delivery.


601 to 650 of 2,103 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Hp: 9/11

The hooded friar nods at Muqaq's negative gesture, and settles into a relaxed but watchful stance.


Male Undine Monk of the Empty Hand/1

Gin continues forward (t21) into the dark monastery, always on the alert, always muttering under his breath what he finds.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Well, we can scratch abandoned, something was here or or is here. Whatever it is, it'll have to pay for what its done to this temple


Hp: 9/11

Tarin will sit at X18, ready to attack any foes that might materialise from the room to the west.


|| BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 20 | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 || Half-Orc Gunslinger/2

Xanyon does his best to move in quietly.

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

He manages more stealth than before, but at the sake of looking anywhere but his own feet.


Current Map

Presuming Sati follows the rest of the team through the Window at Y24, and takes 10 on her stealth as well...

The team climbs through the window without any major noise or incident. As your eyes begin to adjust to the slight increase in darkness, no changes or disturbances are observed.

No significant changes to the map.


Male Undine Monk of the Empty Hand/1

soooo, there would be atleast 1 change. I moved to t21. would that give me a better view into the room above the trash pile?


Current Map

Right, sorry. Missed that.

Behind the statue, Gin is able to just make out an open doorway. However, the statue itself blocks the light from the open hole in the ceiling, and the roof in the room itself appears to intact. Perhaps if you were closer, or if someone with darkvision were to look in... but for now, all is still cast in shadows. The sounds of breathing are louder to you, and it now seems certain that there are multiple creatures in the room, but you cannot venture a guess as to how many.

New Map


Hp: 9/11

And I was moving to X18, although that was more for tactical reasons than recon.


Current Map

Hope no one is waiting for me, I fixed Tarin on the map this afternoon without comment. The party is still undiscovered; ball is in your court.


Female Aasimar Summoner 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMD 11 | F +2 | R +2 | W +6 | Init +2| Per +7

Sati, having cast message on Gin, is repeating everything that Gin is whispering to the rest of the group (as quietly as possible).


Eidolon 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 (T 12, FF 16) | CMD 15 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +2| Per +5

Mohgwier moves to T22 (beside Gin).

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


|| BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 20 | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 || Half-Orc Gunslinger/2

Xanyon's not really the charge in type and he's waiting for orders to advance.


Hp: 9/11

I've been a bit busy, so no, wasn't waiting on you :) Also, Tarin's happy playing the role of team player under the leadership of Muqaq.


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

Muqaq is waiting on Gin and Mohgwier's report. Or rather, for them to locate and identify the enemy. We're close enough that if fighting breaks out we can all just rush in away. Go scouts, go!


Current Map

DM Screen:
6d20 ⇒ (12, 9, 13, 6, 14, 6) = 60

As though some sound might have alerted it, one of the breathing creatures snorts awake. The group freezes, becoming completely silent, waiting to see what happens. Moments later, a figure moves out of the broken door behind the statue. As it comes into the starlight allowed in through the broken roof, the figure starts to take on shape. It is roughly the size and shape of a man, but hunched over, as though walking on all fours. Fur coats the thing's body. Motion behind the first indicates that at least one more is awake and following. The thing in the lead stops beside the statue and searches the darkness with sweeping eyes. The eyes glow and reflect light as the move, like those of an animal.

DM Screen:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15;1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

It does not look directly at Gin or Mohgwier, but instead stops. It yawns, turning its head in profile to them so that its massive fangs can be seen clearly. Easily two inches long, top and bottom fangs equip a mouth that opens wide enough to clamp down on a man's thigh. The second ape like creature moves back into the room.

Knowledge: Nature - DC 12 with Darkvision, DC 14 without:
The creature is some sort of Baboon, a wild and aggressively territorial large ape. The yawn is a threat display, showing how impressive his teeth are, and thus giving you a chance to withdraw. These baboons are much larger than the common variety, and must be some sort of Giant offshoot. They are medium creatures.

Map


Male Undine Monk of the Empty Hand/1

Seeing the teeth, Gin looks at Mohgwier then slips quietly to U18 and mutters So, any ideas? sounds like we woke something up and I'd hate to see more of its friends if they are all as big as this guy.
Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 not that it matters being that it knows we are here


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

Muqaq will move to the door (U19) and signal the others to take up positions inside the doorway.

We can use the doorway as a choke point. The door at V17 is shut right?


Current Map

It is.

Growls and hoots begin to come from the hall and the room beyond the statue. The creatures start filing into the hall. From your vantage, you cannot presently see them all, but you catch a glimpse of at least four. One approaches the door where Mohgwier stands ready, and leaning out towards him, it screams at his face, it's own muzzle extended, lip pulled back, again displaying impressive teeth. This one looks significantly tougher than his kin, and is likely the troop leader.

Intimidate: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Despite his best resolve, the frothy yelling beast puts Mohgwier back on his heels (or would if he had heels). He's shaken for the next two rounds.

Another three move in behind him, doing their best to look fierce.

Feel free to stipulate whatever kind of arrangement at the doorway that you like, I just made an educated guess. You may attack first, taking initiative, or wait to see what happens...

Map


Female Aasimar Summoner 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMD 11 | F +2 | R +2 | W +6 | Init +2| Per +7

If Mohgwier is shaken can she move out of the way and come back beside Sati?

Sati will reach for her bow and arrow as quietly and discreetly as possible. I think I'm out of their sight line anyway

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Current Map

Shaken: A shaken character takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. Shaken is a less severe state of fear than frightened or panicked.

She can still move and perform actions. Should could wait it out, and, as the status does not affect her AC, she could also choose to use the Fighting Defensively or Full Defense options, both of which increase her AC above normal (+2 and +4, respectively). This would allow her to continue to block the door while protecting herself as best as she can.


Hp: 9/11

Is it easy enough for Tarin to move to U21, next to Mohgwier? If so, I'll take a Nature check to try and figure out if the baboons would be inspired to violence if I did so:

Kn. Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Current Map

You can certainly move there. Your knowledge of this type of animal tells you an attack is inevitable unless you leave their territory completely, and very soon. Let me know if you would like to go ahead with the move. For all else, if no one posts, I'll assume a round of waiting has gone past with no actions.


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

I wanted to be in U19. Some reason I couldn't get there?


Current Map

No reason at all. As I said, if anyone feels that they would have been in a different position than that shown, please say so and I will make the adjustment.


|| BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 20 | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 || Half-Orc Gunslinger/2

Lacking knowledge of such beasts and their territorial behavior Xanyon holds his fire.


Hp: 9/11

Ok, put me there :)


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

After everyone is in place...

"Lets do this people." Muqaq says, raising his hands and spraying a sheet of fire over the baboons.

Casting Defensively 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Burning Hands SLA DC 18 1d4 ⇒ 1 So 1 damage either way :(
Should be able to get all of them as they were arranged.


Hp: 9/11

Brother Larvendi reacts immediately to Muqaq's words, raising his blade high and bringing it down towards the lead baboon's skull.

Curved Blade: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

DM:
If Tarin goes after Muqaq in initiative order, feel free in your description to attribute his miss in part to flinching at the sudden burst of flames - he has a rather huge aversion to fire as a result of his childhood burning.


|| BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 20 | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 || Half-Orc Gunslinger/2

Seeing Muqaq give the order Xanyon draws a bead and fires.

Shooting at S21

Pistol PBS: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 91d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Maybe Dad had a trick to it?


Current Map

Initiative:
Initiative starts with Muqaq giving the order to attack, so I've entered his initiative as a Take 20.
Gin 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Muqaq 20 + 5 = 25
Sati 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Mohgwier 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Seif 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Tarin 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Xanyon 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Baboobs 1 = 1

Mohgwier vs. Seif 1d2 ⇒ 2

Initiative Order: Muqaq, Sati, Gin, Xanyon, Seif, Mohgwier, Tarin, Baboons.

For those of you who have not, please declare your round 1 actions.


Female Aasimar Summoner 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMD 11 | F +2 | R +2 | W +6 | Init +2| Per +7

Sati looks the impressive ape in the lead up and down. She brings her crossbow up to bear and sights down the quarrel.

These are just animals, and we are invading their space. Why do we have to kill them? I wish there was a way to just drive them off...

With a click and a whoosh she looses the bolt.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

More than a tad nervous, and conflicted about harming the innocent animals, she instead sinks the bolt firmly into the doorpost, barely over Muqaq's head.


Eidolon 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 (T 12, FF 16) | CMD 15 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +2| Per +5

Shaken by the unexpected ferocity of the Baboon's display, Mohgwier's first instinct is to fall back. However, seeing that doing so would allow the baboons into the room, he instead holds his ground, concentrating on keeping the beasts at bay.

Full defence: +4 AC for AC 20 this round.


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3

Seif-al-Din still has Warsight, meaning he rolls twice for initiative ;-)

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13.

Seif-al-Din clambers over onto the bed next to Mohgwier, and attacks the baboon around the corner.

Nodachi: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 4 = 2, for 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 P/S damage.


Current Map
Seif-al-Din ibn-Subhi wrote:
Seif-al-Din still has Warsight, meaning he rolls twice for initiative ;-)

Ah, of course. I copied and pasted from my last initiative, duplicating the mistake from last time. I've updated the initiative tab I created on the Information tab, so it shouldn't get missed again.


Hp: 9/11

Seif: I think you just clambered into my position, U21? It wasn't updated on the map yet, but I shifted there just before Muqaq started the battle :)


Male Undine Monk of the Empty Hand/1

As soon as the word is given, Gin fires off 2 quick blows to brutish monkey.
Flurry
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Dmg
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3

Eh, fair enough. I will sit this one out, until someone goes down ;-)


Current Map

Sorry for the delay, work has been busy.

Round 1

Initiative Order: Muqaq, Sati, Seif, Gin, Xanyon, Mohgwier, Tarin, Baboons.

Muqaq unleashes fire from burning hands which causes a wave of red flame to wash over the baboons. Their fur scorches a shrivels, filling the air with an unpleasant stench.

Sati fires off an errant bolt, already reloading before it stops quivering in the doorpost.

Seif readies his sword, standing prepared should one of the beasts come within range.

Gin was displaced from the door by Muqaq, who had said that he wanted to be in that slot before I placed him elsewhere on the map. As a result, he is no longer in melee range. I'll have him perform a flurry of shuriken instead. The attack values would be the same, and the damage 1d2 ⇒ 21d2 ⇒ 1
Gin throws two glittering stars at the first monster. The first glances off a heavily muscled arm, but the second strikes true, sinking into the muscle of its chest.

Xanyon brings his firearm to bear and fires off his shot. It goes over the head of the creature, impacting on the far wall behind. The loud crack reverberates in the small space, and echoes out through the windows, and down the long halls.

Mohgwier shaken but stalwart, holds her position and readies herself to defend.

Tarin attempts to attack through the doorway, but gets caught up on the door frame, causing his strike to go awry.

The Troop leader of the baboons howls with anger at the fire that scorches him, and again when the shuriken pierces his chest. He reaches out to grab Mohgwier and get her out of his way to his tormentors. Grapple: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20. With two large hands and overlong arms he grabs a hold of the Eidelon. Both will now have the Grappled Condition.

MAP

Round 2:

Actions please.


|| BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 20 | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 || Half-Orc Gunslinger/2

Round 2

Status:

HP = 13/13
AC = 17/13/14
Weapon Equipped = Pistol
Grit = 2/2
Orc Ferocity = 1/1
Bullets = 48/50
Black Powder = 48/50
Alchemical cartridge (paper) = 20/20
Speed = 20' (30' normal)
Status Effects = None

Seeing his first shot go wide and high Xanyon takes careful aim on the leader instead.

"We need to take that one out."

Pistol PBS Deadly Aim Touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 161d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Does not include any in combat or cover modifiers as the situation may have changed when my shot rolls around.


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

Round 2

Muqaq will step back and fire a ray of flame at the leader.

5' step to V18
Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 Doesn't include firing into melee, or grapple.
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Tracking:

SLA - used
Fire Ray- 8/9


Male Undine Monk of the Empty Hand/1

Gin steps up to take muqaq's place
[ooc]no sure if I can do this, but I want to see if I can trip the baboon in my flurry of blows. I figure it may give mohgwier a better chance to break the grapple. If I can't it's not a big deal, I'll just flurry the baboon.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 +2 if I can trip
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3

Just in case it was not clear, Seif-al-Din continues to wait ;-)


Hp: 9/11

Tarin recovers his poise after flinching back from Muqaq's fiery spell, and attempts to deliver another overhead blow at the lead baboon.

I'm also not factoring in cover penalties, grappled condition modifiers or the like, just my numbers. Seif, if I fluff my lines again, I'll step back to let you in the fray...

*blows on dice...

Curved Blade: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Hmmm I think Captain Monkey has escaped the wrath of Tarin once more... DM, if I move out now, could Seif take my place immediately? My bow is more effective than his sling, while our melee weapons are equal.


Female Aasimar Summoner 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMD 11 | F +2 | R +2 | W +6 | Init +2| Per +7

Her bow reloaded, Sati takes aim, and with regret, looses the bolt at the raging primate.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
1d8 ⇒ 2


Eidolon 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 (T 12, FF 16) | CMD 15 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +2| Per +5

Mohgwier begins to writhe and twist in the baboon's grip, trying to get free of the large ape's grasp

CMB: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Current Map
Tarin Larvendi wrote:
Hmmm I think Captain Monkey has escaped the wrath of Tarin once more... DM, if I move out now, could Seif take my place immediately? My bow is more effective than his sling, while our melee weapons are equal.

Since Seif could be considered to be holding his action, yes, if you moved out, he could drop his initiative until after yours and step into the gap and attack. Sief, do you want to give me an attack roll?


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3

Seif-al-Din steps-up into the gap vacated by Tarin, and takes a swing!

Nodachi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24, for 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 P/S damage.

Nodachi, crit confirmation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10, for 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 *ADDITIONAL* P/S damage.


Hp: 9/11

I've 5' stepped to V 21. So what is Seif's initiative count now? Perhaps we should do this every round..? Then we both get an attack, maybe at the cost of shifting down the count every round.


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3

Realistically, it just means that we alternate from round to round wrt who goes first ;-)


Hp: 9/11

Excellent :)

601 to 650 of 2,103 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Stormwind's Legacy of Fire - Game play All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.