Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Stormwind's Legacy of Fire - The Heavens aligned against us.

Game Master LastNameOnEarth

DM Stormwind brings you the Legacy of Fire Adventure Path, in a no holds barred, optimization required, high difficulty delivery.


551 to 600 of 2,103 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3

Knowledge(Religion) 'take 10' = 15.

Seif-al-Din nods to himself, as he recognises the general plan of the Monastery.

"Well, at least it is in keeping with what I would normally expect. If we wish to be stealthy, rather than going in via one of the Western doors, perhaps we should insert ourselves via one of the Eastern windows, to catch whatever residents there are unawares?"

I am assuming based on the map, there are two entrances on the Western side of the complex, and the rest are windows?


|| BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 20 | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 || Half-Orc Gunslinger/2

"I'll trust your judgement Seif. What do you think Muqaq?"

Xanyon slides his pistol out of its holster at the sign of the smoke before looking around for a good place to stash his non combat gear.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Assume the plan is to come back this way anyway. We didn't actually talk to the herders about their goat. At least we had scorpion to eat instead of just a goat when we got back.


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

"If I am not mistaken, everyone here save Brother Lavendi can see in the dark. The occupants of the building might not be so advantaged. We should observe from a safe distance. Say, two hundred yards. If we see nothing, then after the fall of full dark we creep forward to see what is inside. There is no reason to be hasty. Even if they can see in the dark, doing a few hours of recon first won't hurt anything. Information is power." Muqaq holds his arms wide open, palms out with a look on his face that says Comments?


Hp: 9/11

Brother Larvendi nods once, drawing his bow as he does so. "Watching and learning and waiting for nightfall is good. Heading through the east side, which is likely to hold living quarters rather than areas of worship, is also good."


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

"Agreed. Thank you both for sharing your expertise." Muqaq nods to Tarin and Seif.


|| BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 20 | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 || Half-Orc Gunslinger/2

Xanyon nods and prepares for the wait.


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

So hide in the rocks as far back as we can still see the eastern side of the temple and wait for dark.


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3

That works for me.

Seif-al-Din hunkers down, and waits for the coming of nightfall, taking the time to repeat tracts from The Birth of Light and Truth to keep himself alert.

Darkness shall be our ally.


Male Undine Monk of the Empty Hand/1

While I think that cover of dark is an excellent idea, have you all noticed how cold it gets at night?

Just a heads up, the average temperature at night in a desert sits at about 3 bellow Celsius.


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

By the time is gets that cold hopefully we'll be inside removing whatever is there and using their fire.


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3

"Actually, no, I have not found the nights particularly cold; it has generally been about as pleasant as the days..."

Fire and Cold Resistance 5 ;-)


Current Map

Seif:
I'm sure you know, but Muqaq was mistaken, Suli only have Low-Light Vision, so you'll be in the same boat as Tarin.

The group finds a place to hunker down in the lee of some sandstone builders just behind the crest of the hill. The spot is hidden from the monastery and provides a modicum of shade. Someone needs to find a less sheltered spot in order to observe the Abby, and so shifts are taken. As sunset results in near immediate dark, and the days are divided up nearly evenly between light and dark, the wait is not long; only a few hours. By the time each present has taken a shift of 30 minutes or so in the sun, it disappears below the horizon, and complete dark follows, except for a thin band of blue and green in the sky to the west.

Observations:

Gin 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 1d100 ⇒ 89
Muqaq 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15 1d100 ⇒ 30
Sati 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 1d100 ⇒ 92
Mohgwier 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 1d100 ⇒ 57
Seif 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 1d100 ⇒ 24
Tarin 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 1d100 ⇒ 91d3 ⇒ 3
Xanyon 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 1d100 ⇒ 43

During Tarin's shift, perhaps three quarters of an hour before nightfall, he sees a large bird start to circle above. It desends slowly from the sky, gliding down gently, seemingly in no hurry. As it finally scrapes near the ground, it sweeps overhead, perhaps a hundred feet directly above your heads, and lets loose a peircing shriek. It then flies on and descends into the building, and disappears from view as it contacts the roof. Presumably there is a hole in the roof large enough to accommodate it, or a courtyard.

Knowledge: Nature - DC 13:
It is a Geier (Rhymes with Tire); a desert carrion bird not unlike a giant vulture, but even more ill tempered. It must have passed you by either because it had no interest in living prey, your numbers seemed too many, or it has eaten recently enough that you were not worth the trouble. They are not known to be intelligent, but are still very fierce animals.


Hp: 9/11

Take 10 on K. Nature =16

Brother Larvendi alerts Muqaq to the bird, describing the creature to him (passing on the info under the K. Nature spoiler above), but also mentioning his concern.

"The Geier may have been just a bird that nests in the monastery's roof, but it may have been the familiar of some foul witch or wizard that makes these ruins their home. In any case, I think we should allow for the possibility that whatever lives inside knows that we're here."


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

"That was always a possibility. Stick to the plan until we know better. Mohgwier and Gin will lead the way, the rest of us will follow at thirty feet. No lights, and silent. Seif, could you lend your rope and hook to Gin? Ranged weapons out, lets go." Muqaq casts a spell of protection on himself (mage armor). He waits for Gin and Mohgwier to creep forward, and then slowly follows behind them at a distance of ten paces.

Stealth 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3

Seif-al-Din nods at Muqaq's request, and wordlessly hands over his rope and grappling hook to Gin.

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11.


Hp: 9/11

Tarin nods silently, draws his bow, and moves into position. Unless I should hover just behind, or flanking, the frontliners with my blade out, ready to charge? I'm far more effective with that

In any case...
Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

Let them see what they can see for now. Mohgwier probably can't climb a rope with her paws. But Gin can, peek in the window and then come back and let us know if it's clear. Then we can all move into the first chamber as a group (assuming it's empty).


Hp: 9/11

Goodo chief :)


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

Also, at only 30 feet behind them we're getting a +3 to our stealths but are still in easy charging range. Drop your bow as a free action, draw sword as move, and then move up. Puts you in melee in the first round should it come to that. Meleers please remember to delay until just before the monsters act.


Current Map

Which window are you going for on the East wall? North, South, or center?


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3

Let's say South? It is the closest window to where we would be approaching from, and therefore reduces the chance of us being noticed by occupants...


Hp: 9/11

Makes sense to me.


Male Undine Monk of the Empty Hand/1

South it is.
Slinging the equipment over his shoulder, Gin slinks away toward the southern wall of the temple. If the wall is less than 15 feet up to the window, I'll just Climb without the rope as the hook would make noise when it when through the window.
Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
(assuming I need to roll for throwing the rope with a hook and thats its improvised, thus the -4)1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 4 = 5
Climb 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

You're not in combat, you can take 10 on the perception. If DM Stormwind will let you retcon it I mean.


|| BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 20 | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 || Half-Orc Gunslinger/2

Carefully adjusting his pack Xanyon moves behind the others, pistol out and loaded.

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Current Map

The group creeps closer to the monastery, doing their best to keep silent. Gin leads with the silent padding of Moghwier at his side. The monstery, though high ceilinged, is only one story, so no climbing is needed to reach the window. Gin looks through and sees a wide interior hallway. Broken tiles from the roof clutter the floor, and there are bits of accumulated dust, dirt, and detritus throughout. However, no objects, and no creatures are visible. A large statue stands off to one side, and from this angle appears to depict the Dawnflower herself.

View through the South Window

Enormous holes in the ceiling of the hall allow the starlight to penetrate. 1d28 ⇒ 6 A waning half moon has begun to rise on the horizon, spilling low light out across the desert. I'll give Low light vision characters vision to 30 ft in this light, and dim illumination ever after. For the others, everything after 60ft is dim illumination outdoors. Inside is effectively darkness unless otherwise specified.


Eidolon 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 (T 12, FF 16) | CMD 15 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +2| Per +5

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

I am in the middle of end-of-term rush so haven't been able to post much. I am happy with you assuming that Mohgwier will be front and centre for melee combat.


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

Bah, why didn't I take message. Can anyone in the back group cast message?


Male Undine Monk of the Empty Hand/1

Seeing the abandoned state of the temple and that it appears to be deserted of any creatures, Gin waves to the others in an attempt to get them to advance. Sorry, been busy today.


Hp: 9/11

Provided Muqaq (or anyone else) doesn't countermand him or motion not to, Tarin steps up behind Gin (S31).

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Rolling well on the Stealth. Mustn't be important...


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

Muqaq will follow, once there whisper to Gin "Pop inside and have a peek, we'll wait here at the window."

Stealth 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Male Undine Monk of the Empty Hand/1

Gin drops to a low wisper, Alright, I can check it out. Do you think we should clear the place room by room? from what I've seen it doesn't seem like anything would be living here.


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

"For now just look around this first chamber. There was smoke from a fire at the north end, so something is definitely living here. Or was at any rate. Just be careful and come back if you see anything."


Female Aasimar Summoner 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMD 11 | F +2 | R +2 | W +6 | Init +2| Per +7

I have the message spell


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

You should cast it on Gin so you can communicate with him while he's inside.


|| BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 20 | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 || Half-Orc Gunslinger/2

Xanyon moves with the group, attempting silence again.

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Female Aasimar Summoner 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMD 11 | F +2 | R +2 | W +6 | Init +2| Per +7

With a whisper and a gesture of her hand, Sati casts message upon the monk.

"Gin, whisper quietly while you are inside the Abby; I will be able to hear you."


Eidolon 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 (T 12, FF 16) | CMD 15 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +2| Per +5

Mohgwier crouches before the window, and wiggles her tail getting ready for a high jump. Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16;Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 She leaps up through the window, landing silently on the inside.


Current Map

Though the room is dark, the large hole in the ceiling allows for enough light for Gin's night vision to give him the lay of the structure. To Mohgwier, all is clear up to 60 ft away.

Perception checks for both please. Those outside can roll if they want, but the DC will be higher.


Eidolon 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 (T 12, FF 16) | CMD 15 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +2| Per +5

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Female Aasimar Summoner 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMD 11 | F +2 | R +2 | W +6 | Init +2| Per +7

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Current Map

Perception 15 Gin and Mohgwier; DC 25 all others:
While you can see and hear nothing out of the ordinary in this space, something does strike you. The area smells lived in. Like a faint odour or urine and faecal matter, and a almost imagined warmth to the space that suggests something alive is nearby.

Perception 25 Gin and Mohgwier:
Soft sounds of breath, from multiple noses, comes from up ahead somewhere. The sounds seem to be coming from near the statue.

Updated View


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

Muqaq will say "Be right back." and go around the southern corner to peek into the windows there.

Move to Y24 and look in the window.
Stealth take 10 for 13.


Hp: 9/11

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Hmmm, spidey-sense is tingling...

"There is definitely something in there," Tarin whispers in Sati's ear as Muqaq begins to drift off. "Can you sense it too?"


Current Map

Muqaq: Ten bunk beds in various stages of disrepair fill this chamber, which must once have been a dormitory for students. The roof is mostly intact, and an open arch in the north wall leads to a large hallway. The east and west walls both bear sturdy wooden doors leading to other rooms, the thick door in the southeast corner of the room perhaps leading into an unseen antechamber, perhaps a large closet.

View from Y24


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

Muqaq returns to the corner and motions the others to join him, then crawls in through the window.

Taking 10 on stealth again.


Hp: 9/11

Tarin creeps after Muqaq with a backwards glance for Gin and Mohgwier.

Also taking 10 for Stealth = 12


(AC 15/12/13; HP 10/30; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Init +2 (but roll twice), Perception +6) Suli Planar Oracle of Battle 3

Seif-al-Din nods to Muqaq, and follows the others through the window into the building.

'Take 10' on Stealth = 11.

Upon reaching the other side, he immediately draws his massive curved blade, and begins glancing around warily.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20.


Hp: 9/11

Once in the room, Brother Larvendi draws his blade also, his hooded face a deeper darkness in the surrounding gloom. He looks at Muqaq, and cocks his head to one side as he points at the door of the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Are we rejoining our comrades in the corridor?


HP:27/27;1st Sor- 6/6, 1st Or- 2/5, Flame ray 9/9

I figure let Gin have a look around, then he can meet us in the room.

551 to 600 of 2,103 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Stormwind's Legacy of Fire - Game play All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.