Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Stephens Serpents Skull Campaign - Chp1:The Smugglers Shiv (Inactive)

Game Master terok

With the defeat of the dark Dryad and surviving many of the islands others challenges, the party is well on their way to becoming the Shiv's masters...only Ieana stands in their way...


351 to 400 of 3,325 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Sounds like you are pretty well set on waiting on the day here and maybe working on the fellow castaways.

It is a pretty quiet day overall. You do some things around camp and get Aerys back on her feet. Between Nora and Jask she seems much better and is no longer at the brink.

Sasha has proven herself to be a skilled hunter, almost as good as any of you. She seems to be able to feed several people with her finds. Aerys, now healed takes up watch at the camp again, her sharp eyes watching for wondering creatures.
Ishirou actually starts using his skills to set traps near the camp, to defend against any of these creatures and shows yo the layout of these so yo do't accidentally step on one.
Jask and Gelik seem to be the least interested in helping out, although Jask's efforts at least keep you off his back.

Anton:

This disease actually requires two saves in a row to shake it, so I need the additionla save. You will fid that most of the diseases need 2 saves.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Nim watches as Gelik storms away in a huff. His impassive face registering no emotion. After a moment he calls after the gnome, Shall we build you a tavern then? Will that improve your attitude?

Turning to address the others as well, Nim adds, I believe that I have already offered the use of some of my weapons... but no one seemed particularly interested. I had assumed it was because you lacked the skill to use them. If this is not the case, then I repeat my offer.

Nim removes a few of his weapons lays them out for examination. Gesturing at the short spears, he comments, I can also try and fashion a few more of these if the desired and time permits...


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Later that day...:

At some point when Nim finds Gelik away from the others, he remarks in low voice, It isn't true. What you said earlier about my "type" letting the weak fall... I'm sure you have heard a group is only as strong as its weakest member? It is also true, however, that there is strength in numbers. It is my genuine desire that we work as a group to become the strongest we can. Yes, my skills are valuable when it comes to surviving, but I do not expect everyone to excel in this as I do. What I do expect is that those of you gifted with a silvered tongue, would use your skills in a positive manner. Contributing to the betterment of our group as opposed to predicting our downfall. Each of us has things to contribute, and if we are to succeed, we need everyone pulling in the same direction. Do you think that you can do that?

Pausing for just a moment, Nim adds with a wink, Lie if you have to! I've heard you story telling types are good at stretching the truth!


Jask accepts the offered shortspear without saying much other than a quick nod of thanks.

Sasha and Ishirou have weapons, a rapier each and also hand axe in Sasha's case.

Aerys Seems to prefer her fists.

Gelik due to his size can not really use any of your weapons. Anton may be able to help him out though.


Nim:

I will try to do what I can...maybe some stories could help... he tells you...you can smell the fear on the little fop though. From his tattered cloths, this may be the first time he has ever been out in the jungle proper.
Go ahead and give me a diplomacy roll for your efforts though.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

DM Stephen:

diplomacy check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
More later... ;)


After the last of the creatures is slayn Nora lets out a sigh of relief and than quickly attends to the wounded. "Is it just Anton?" she asks to the ground "Is everyone else OK? The next while is spent tending to the halflings wounds. Heal Check of 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

"You should try and rest, we have means of healing you more quickly, but we might want to conserve those... still..." she will make sure that Nim or some-one has taken care to ensure the creatures are dead-dead before the odd sound of unearthly music and strange lights just outside of ones vision will sweep the ground. Regardless of the Heal check, channel energy for 1d6 ⇒ 4 points of healing

She spends the day tending to those with medical conditions and trying to sooth tempers. [b]"Now listen, we aren't going to die, and if we are, well complaining about it isn't going to help the situation at all is it? I don't think Desna means for this to be the end of our journey and you seem to forget that this is three times we've faced what this Island has thrown against us and three times we've come away. We're stronger as a group that I think anything on this Island realizes or can hope to come against..."

Diplomacy check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Nim nods in thanks to Nora as her healing magic closes his wounds...


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

DM Stephen:
Awww. Well, here's hopin'.
Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Nope.

Anton searches nearby for some fine wood, and attempts to make a wooden holy symbol of Nethys for Jask, frequently consulting with Tragershen and Nora to make sure he gets the details right.

What can I say, I'm an optimist. Untrained craft with improvised tools vs. DC 15: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 2 = 15 oh colorful metaphor I can't believe it

Hoping for a circumstance bonus, Anton seeks out Jask yet again, with his usual halfling fist bump. Look. I don't know your story, but I was a slave. My chains were more statutory than literal, but all the same, I learned to judge people more by their actions than their words. I want you to be happy and safe, I want you to help keep the others that way too, and I want you to know that I really mean it: so I made this. Anton grins shyly and offers a package wrapped in broad leaves, nervous about giving this creation that he put so much care into, not sure if it's good enough or how it will be received.

Untrained diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Anton approaches Gelik once more. I'm sorry that I haven't had the time to make a club for you like I intended, but that's no excuse for leaving you unarmed. Besides, it wouldn't be your style anyway. Here, take my dagger. It has served me well for a long time. But if you could have any weapon, what would it be? Tell me and I'll keep an eye out when I explore.

Untrained diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 12


Jask looks at your parcel with distrust until you show it to him...You...you made this for me???? You can't imagine what this means to me, to be able to touch my god once more! he clasps your shoulder as a tear comes to his eye
I had never thought to see this day again.
He cradles it and sits mumbling to himself. You wonder if a madness has taken him until later that night around the camp fire.

You wanted to know my story...so here it is. I was once a scribe and book keeper for the Sargavan government. During my work I uncovered evidence of corruption involving illicit deals with the Free
Captains of the Shackles in the government. Not knowing exactly who was involved in these activities I took it took my superior, leggit Keles. Within a day I was betrayed and framed for the same crimes. Keles was thorough and the evidence strong so I did what I had to and fled the country, to Corentyn. Obviously he was the corrupt official in the papers working with them.
I lived a modest life as a scribe for almost a decade. I’d thought my enemies in Sargava had forgotten me, but then a Sargavan agent caught up with me and put me in irons. The agent handed me over to the captain of the Jenivere with instructions to return me to Sargava for trial.
The rest you know....

This is really a long shot but one of the incriminating papers I found so long ago indicated that one of Keles' contacts in the Shackles was a man named Avret Kinkarian. Kinkarian’s ship, the Brine Demon, reputedly wrecked here on Smuggler’s Shiv. I knows it’s a long shot, but I would love to track the ship down and explore the wreck on the off chance there could be more evidence somewhere aboard to prove my innocence. If you run accross the ship can you be sure to get me or search it in my place for anything that might help me? If we do end up getting rescued, then it would be straight back into the irons for me once we reached land...I don't want to run anymore.


Gelik smiles, Now that was a story worth telling my bookish friend!


Anton:

Even with Nora's help you take a turn for the worse this day, the slowness returns and the aching!!!! btw you have healed the previous Dex damage, new Dex dam 1d4 ⇒ 4

DM Only:

Disease Nim 1d100 ⇒ 9 Disease type 1d4 ⇒ 1 boot soup
Disease Anton 1d100 ⇒ 24
Disease Nora 1d100 ⇒ 88
Disease Tragershen 1d100 ⇒ 21
Disease Corbrius 1d100 ⇒ 87
Disease Aerys 1d100 ⇒ 83
Disease Gelik 1d100 ⇒ 82
Disease Ishirou 1d100 ⇒ 57
Disease Jask 1d100 ⇒ 48
Disease Sasha 1d100 ⇒ 77

What are your plans for the next day? Jask has prayed to his god and now has spell powers as well as channels. He talks to you much more openly now asking for suggestions on his spells and is more proactive around camp. You seem to have won him over as well. Gelik still seems resitant to your charms, although he nods agreting to Nim, they seem to come to an uneasy acceptance of each other.

Also can someone give me the date? I will try to include that in my posts going forward as time passes.

DM Only:

Encounter Dawn 1d100 ⇒ 9
Encounter noon 1d100 ⇒ 73
Encounter Dusk 1d100 ⇒ 77
Encounter Midnight 1d100 ⇒ 81
Willpower Save Aerys 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Willpower Save Gelik 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Willpower Save Ishirou 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Willpower Save Jask 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Willpower Save Sasha 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Disease Nim 1d100 ⇒ 12
Disease Anton 1d100 ⇒ 43
Disease Nora 1d100 ⇒ 91
Disease Tragershen 1d100 ⇒ 93
Disease Corbrius 1d100 ⇒ 92
Disease Aerys 1d100 ⇒ 73
Disease Gelik 1d100 ⇒ 37
Disease Ishirou 1d100 ⇒ 38
Disease Jask 1d100 ⇒ 67
Disease Sasha 1d100 ⇒ 48


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)
DM Stephen wrote:
Also can someone give me the date? I will try to include that in my posts going forward as time passes.

Looks over at Anton. :)

We also need the XP from the Dimorphodons.

Nim wakes up early and awaits a consensus for the days activities. He expresses and interest in further exploration, whether it be of another wreck, or just the island itself. You get the distinct impression he does not want to hang around camp...


XP for the winged beasties is 240ea.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Thank you. New total is 1140.


Corbrius:

Each night is the same...the voices in your dreams. They whisper to you...say things. Most of the time you can't understand what the voices were saying but last night was different. You understood a sentence and the voice sounded familiar, female...like Larissia's!
Find the Azlanti ruin...nothing is more important!

There will be an xp reward when you win over all of the castaways as well...not sayin, just sayin. :)


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Corbius awakens early the next day and finds a spot by the fire. The dark patches under his eyes clearly indicating he slept poorly.

He sits quietly polishing and sharpening his rapier all the while mumbling quietly under his breath. When the discussion around camp turns to what the group should do for Corbius seems oblivious at first lost in his thoughts. Then he suddenly looks up. I think we should explore the jungle. He blurts out suddenly. I mean maybe we can find out if anyone or anything is in the vicinity that can help us. He says somewhat sheepishly before moving away from the group to busy himself getting his gear ready for whatever the group decides.

Tragershen:

At any point during the morning when Tragershen is by himself Corbius approaches him

Tragershen do you have a moment? I know we have not talked much but I was hoping you could help me with something. I know that Larissa was looking for some ruins on this island and I was curious if you knew anything about them? Corbius says somewhat nervously. If Tragershen seems offended or put off he will apologize for being so forward and will hastily leave him alone.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3
Jask aka DM Stephen wrote:
. . . This is really a long shot but one of the incriminating papers I found so long ago indicated that one of Keles' contacts in the Shackles was a man named Avret Kinkarian. Kinkarian’s ship, the Brine Demon, reputedly wrecked here on Smuggler’s Shiv. I knows it’s a long shot, but I would love to track the ship down and explore the wreck on the off chance there could be more evidence somewhere aboard to prove my innocence. If you run accross the ship can you be sure to get me or search it in my place for anything that might help me? If we do end up getting rescued, then it would be straight back into the irons for me once we reached land...I don't want to run anymore.

DM Stephen:
Well, crap. Will update.
Niɱ wrote:
DM Stephen wrote:
Also can someone give me the date? I will try to include that in my posts going forward as time passes.
Looks over at Anton. :)

Oh come on! Just because I'm obsessive doesn't mean you can't do it. :p

The day that I made the amazing breakthrough with Jask was the 5th of Lamashan 4708. (Still need to know what day of the week it is for various holidays and festivals.) Today is the 6th of Lamashan, which is Ascendance Day (Imoedae) for her divine ascension -- not that any of us really care.

Corbius Jank wrote:

Corbius awakens early the next day and finds a spot by the fire. The dark patches under his eyes clearly indicating he slept poorly.

He sits quietly polishing and sharpening his rapier all the while mumbling quietly under his breath. When the discussion around camp turns to what the group should do for Corbius seems oblivious at first lost in his thoughts. Then he suddenly looks up. I think we should explore the jungle. He blurts out suddenly. I mean maybe we can find out if anyone or anything is in the vicinity that can help us. He says somewhat sheepishly before moving away from the group to busy himself getting his gear ready for whatever the group decides.

Anton considers the options with the rest of the group but Corbius, who is fiddling with his gear. So, on the one hand, I was thinking of checking out that ship stuck on a reef. Maybe it's the Brine Demon; stranger coincidences have happened. On the other hand, I'm not one to dismiss my friends' intuitions out of hand; I've seen too many inexplicable things.

I'm willing to go either way. What do you all think?


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

To be honest, I don't know what the date is as I am not tracking it ever since you said you would. Besides, it sounds like Stephen is going to track it from now on. :)

Nim again gives Corbius a sideways glance at his odd behavior and compulsive sharpening. Is he talking to himself or that sword of his? Nim slowly exhales. Any particular reason you want to explore the jungle? Or are we taking directions from your sword now?

You call it 'my precious' even once and... ;)


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Earlier that day...
Nim studies the sky for signs of the weather to come for this day and evening. take 10 for 18 = 24 hours

Nim meditates shortly after waking, refocusing his natural inner energies in new interesting patterns. spell selection altered


Why don't you guys just elect someone to say what the next days routine goal will be?
I hate to drag things on with a vote every day. This person doesn't have to be a leader, just the one who decides wreck/explore forest kind of thing.
So far you have an explore, a wreck, both. Next vote breaks the tie.I won't really be tracking the date, just trying to put the date on the dailies so I don't miss it myself.

It seems to be a typical jungle morning. There are no signs of serious storms so you expect a typical early after storm, but otherwise clear.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Nim offers, By travelling to the wreck, we essentially explore the jungle on our way there. We accomplish both... I say we travel to the wreck. It is more immediate than random jungle travel... Nim hefts his pack over his shoulder and rests his spear upon the other, ready to depart.


Nim, have you been able to work on a map from the one I gave you? I think the other wreck is already on the map I provided.
You can move 1 hex per hour until you have crossed it for the 3rd time, then you have blazed a trail and can cross in 30 minutes. You could also just blaze a path in a hex spending the 3 hours in it and then cross it in the future in 30 minutes.
The hex east of your current location (F18) houses the bog and the shocker lizard group.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Sadly I have not... I will do so immediately. :)


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Ok. Here is what I have whipped up. The lines show where we have traveled. Red denotes crossing the hex once. Yellow twice, and green will be three times (meaning 1/2 time to traverse).

As for co-ordinates, just draw a straight line from the edge # and letter, ignoring the hexes themselves, and using 1/2 numbers when necessary. For example, our camp is at K 4, the shocker's lair is J 3.5 and the two shipwrecks are G 3 & T 2.5

Make sense? Any questions or comments? I may have to change up the colored paths later after we have explored more area, but for now I think this works well enough.

Anything else need to be added or changed Stephen?

Shiv map overview
Shiv map closeup


To Jask, Tragershen will suggest If you could ask your deity for the ability to discern if food supplies we bring back are poisonous or not, that might help prevent any accidental bouts of food poisoning. For that matter, you could just ask for the ability to purify the food we bring back and purify sea water to be potable. And if we had an abundance of water, we could use it liberally to help clean ourselves and parts of the campsite. Perhaps if you ask for the ability to strike fear into the soul of any approaching creature, it may be useful to deter a larger predator or at least buy us some time to react to it while it comes to its senses. And of course, any assistance with healing wounds we may find ourselves with would be much appreciated.

Tragershen is suggesting
Orisons: Detect Poison, Purify Food and Drink, Create Water.
1st Level: Cause Fear, Cure Light Wounds.

To Corbius:
Tragershen is anything but put off by the topic. He is uncharacteristically eager in his response.

I’ve given the ruins a lot of thought myself. I cannot help but think that perhaps there remains there an item of power or knowledge enough to whisk us away from the Shiv and back to civilization. Of course, there is no rush once we find it. I look forward to taking our time exploring the ruins and seeing all of the splendor they have to offer. I do think it is important to stay on good terms with the others; they have skills and abilities we may need to access the sites once we find the exact location.

The ruins will likely be higher on the mountain side, but which face I could not say. Right now the others seem to want to explore the shoreline, and I am content with that approach. Doing that may allow us to find markers, perhaps carved stones or arcane messages, that will show us the way and perhaps warn us of defenses that may lie dormant. At this, Tragershen pulls out his spell book, carefully removing it from a well oiled bag. I have been working on rebuilding the spells that I know,especially any that may help find and explore the ruins. Recently I ran into a spate of trouble and lost most of the arcane power I had built up over the years. But I have to admit, I never focused as intently on it as I should have; I never reached the levels of power that would have addressed our current situation. Tragershen hesitates, then passes the book over to Corbius. I have seen you reviewing a text of your own, and I saw your awareness of arcane limitations and potential when we fought those reptiles. I must say, very well done there. If there are spells here that you think you may be able to master, you are welcome to review them. And in the back here he says, flipping the pages for Corbius you can see where I am making notes on additional spells I am working on recreating. It is a painfully slow process, but I believe I am not far off from these two being usable.

If you’d like, go ahead and look at the spell book in Tragershen’s profile. I haven’t decided what spells I’ll add at second level, but that is what he was showing at the back of the book.

To Anton's question, he adds We did have some luck with the last wreck we explored, so I would be willing to try another.


Niɱ wrote:

Ok. Here is what I have whipped up. The lines show where we have traveled. Red denotes crossing the hex once. Yellow twice, and green will be three times (meaning 1/2 time to traverse).

As for co-ordinates, just draw a straight line from the edge # and letter, ignoring the hexes themselves, and using 1/2 numbers when necessary. For example, our camp is at K 4, the shocker's lair is J 3.5 and the two shipwrecks are G 3 & T 2.5

Make sense? Any questions or comments? I may have to change up the colored paths later after we have explored more area, but for now I think this works well enough.

Anything else need to be added or changed Stephen?

Shiv map overview
Shiv map closeup

Looks good. I would add your original search when Larissia was still alive, they were the hexes all around your current camp hex. Your current camp hex is also fully explored.

Feel free to retcon any efforts to bring Gelik around today.

DM Only:

Surprise Round:
perception Nim 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
perception Anton 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
perception Nora 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
perception Tragershen 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
perception Corbrius 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
vs perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
stealth 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

It's a beautiful morning in the jungle. You are now used to the noises and being well rested you feel more positive about things than you have in a while. You decide to go after the next wreck, warning the others that if you don't make it back today not to worry too much.
You move east south of the bog and the shocker lizards and start to make your way NE towards the wreck. As you cross into hex I4 you are foced to climb a steep ridge. You are just all up on the ridge when a creature springs out at you, surprising all of you completely!

This immense lizard moves with a slow but relentless gait. Its feet
end in large talons, and ropes of drool hang from its toothy maw.

DC 12 Knowledge Nature Check:

This is a Monitor Lizard. It has a viscious bite as well as poison that slows its prey. It can also grab alone opponents.

DM Only:

initiative strings:
Nim/Wic 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Anton 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Nora 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Tragershen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Corbrius 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Monitor Lizard 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
attacks 1d6 ⇒ 5

Order of Surprise Round 1:
Shocker Lizard 15

bite atk on Tragershen 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 dam 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Hit!

The large beast jumps on poor Tragershen, savaging him into unconsciousness, before you can even react!

Order of Combat Round 2:
Anton 22
Tragershen 16
Shocker Lizard 15
Nim 14a
Wic 14b
Nora 7a
Corbrius 7b

Marching order:
C N Nim W T A
* * *----*SL*
No map, Anton Tragershen and Wik are next to it, the rest of you are 5' increments away from the beast, Corbrius is 20' from it. It is difficult terrain.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

I hope I can assume that someone finished healing me up yesterday! As illustrated vs. another lizard, I will use Extraordinary Skill (Perception) as an immediate action.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Knowledge/Nature vs. DC 12: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Watch out! Monitor lizards have poison in their bite! Should go without saying by now, the way this island is. I'll bring that up later.


Anton Green wrote:
I hope I can assume that someone finished healing me up yesterday! As illustrated vs. another lizard, I will use Extraordinary Skill (Perception) as an immediate action.

Yes we can assume you were healed up.
Sorry, even with the additional bonus you are still surprised. I promise this is just some great rolls for them sneaking up on you and yours was really bad...Anton is up in round 2.


Tragershen round 1 action

Spoiler:
As a standard action, Tragershen uses his Extend Scream feat to convey initial surprise, followed by dismay and concluded with extensive pain and suffering. While the three phases of the scream do seem to blur together some, the elf manages to get the warning and details of the attack out to his peers. A DC0 Knowledge Religion check will reveal implied simultaneous cursing and pleas aimed at unmentioned deities. As a move action, through delicately choreographed limp limb movements, sudden silence and intricately laid out splatters and sprays of blood, Tragershen lets his allies know he has now slipped into unconsciousness and will be of minimal assistance in this particular phase of the conflict. He will, however, do his best to distract the foe with promises of a grand feast.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

"Grand" feast? I didn't picture Tragershen with much meat on his bones. :) Otherwise, I love the spoiler! :D


Niɱ wrote:
"Grand" feast? I didn't picture Tragershen with much meat on his bones. :) Otherwise, I love the spoiler! :D

If the lizard falls for the distraction and winds up disappointed that it was not 'as promised', he is welcome to lodge a complaint. Alas, Tragershen's sympathy for the complaint is bound to be disappointing.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Nim dons his complaint department hat and name tag. ;)


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

For once, having his lucerne hammer out was not for the best, as the monitor lizard is just too close. Dropping his polearm, Anton draws his trident (that he recently got back from Sasha) and stabs at the too-close monster that's bigger than him:

Lucerne hammer: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage: assume a Hit

Anton manages to strike the great beast's hide, penetrating shallowly and spraying blood on the ground when he withdraws the barbed prongs; but it hardly seems to faze the big lizard.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Seeing Tragershen go down underneath the assault of the lizard he lets out a shout of dismay. Pushing past Nora, Corbius fights through the thick underbrush to flank the lizard.

I assume the terrain being rough and 20' away I would need to use a double move to reach the lizard. If I can reach it and attack in one round then I will move up and attack.

Attack:
Corbius strikes at the beast with his rapier..1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 ..only to have the beast move at the last minute avoiding his attack


Anton does succeed in getting the creatures attention...and it strikes back at Anton!

bite atk 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 dam 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Miss!

Fortunately for Anton, the creature slips on all of Tragershen's blood that is splattered all over the place...

Tragershen:
Also need a DC 14 Fort save. Also go ahead and give me the stabilization check DC 15...


Earlier in the Day;

Nora had spent the previous evening looking after those who remained wounded, trying to ensure nobody else was developing sickness, and that those who needed to were healing properly. Any time left she might have spent checking on the supplies and figuring how how well we were doing in that department.

Around the fire later she would agree with Nim. "I think he's right, we should check out that other wreck. I mean the last one was dangerous but still, we got alot of good stuff. I think than maybe we should spend like a day or two just sort of expanding how well we know the area around us... I really don't like that bog area for example. But we need to know the lay of the land if something really nasty comes from deeper in the island and say, we have to retreat. Actually... that's an interesting idea, we should set up some kind of way-point to meet up if the camp is overrun or we have to abandon it or something."

She had kept up her relative happy demeanor the entirety of the present morning as we set off, occasionally whistling or sharing in another tune. As one might expect for a Cleric of Desna, every moment of exploration seems to just make her more enthusiastic, despite bug-bites, scratches from plants, and trucking through thick foliage. Once the battle is joined she lets out a resigned "Oh no... not these things again!

She deftly moves a dagger to her hand and shifts to make sure nothing is coming up behind us.

She'll draw a dagger and use a ready action to throw it at any lizard that becomes a clear shot, with a hit roll of 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 and 1d4 ⇒ 4 damage


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Nim curses as they are once again pounced upon by an stealthy adversary. knowledge check: take 10 This one is not a shocker lizard! As Tragershen is brought low, Nim steps in immediately move action adjacent and lunges at the lizard with his spear... standard actions attack w/ spear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 hit? miss? ...while calling out to Wicewakan to defend Tragershen. handle animal check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 success

Much like the other day with Anton, Wicewakan steps protectively over the fallen wizard move action and attempts to shield him from further attack while snapping at the lizard... standard action attack w/ bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 ...getting nothing but a mouthful of air.


DM:

Poison DC 14 save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9. That's a fail.

Stabilizaiton roll DC 10 1d20 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 1 - 5 = 4. Also a fail.

Hit points down to -6. He is dead at -12.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Tragershen:

Corbius listens intently to the comments Tragershen makes about the ruins and there possible location.

When Tragershen offers his spellbook to Corbius his eyes open wide in shock.You would share what you know with me. He whispers humbled by the offer.

Corbius carefully leafs through the book carefully examining each spell. Many of these are beyond my abilities but I see a couple that I understand. I am truly honored that you would share with me. Corbius takes out his own carefully wrapped tome and offers it to Tragershen. My lore is much more limited then yours but if there is anything you can use it is yours.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

6th of Lamashan 4708

Looks like we're all cool with Nim declaring our routine goal (unless we're not and then we'd speak up).

Round 3

Anton does a double-take at Nora guarding their rear. This isn't like the others! Just help Trag! On the front lines against the (to him) gigantic lizard, Anton desperately stabs again with his trident, aiming to do better this time.

Trident attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage Miss

Deeply injured (I hope) by Nim's mighty strike, yet also more wary, the lizard is able to easily dodge Anton's distracted attack.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Round 3
Sorry for posting out of order but will be unavailable most of tomorrow.

Round 3 Action:

After flanking the monitor lizard Corbius draws his rapier back to strike Asilande flashes momentarily just prior to striking at the lizard. [ooc]Swift action enhance blade +1[/ooc]

Thrusting Asilande at the beasts flank..bab+dex+enhanced blade+flank 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 171d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 ..it bites deep into the beasts flesh.
Swift action enhance blade +1


Corbirus has to run to get over to the beast as event unfold.
Nora is stunned by the creatures appearance mistaking it for a Shocker Lizard, only realizing after she draws a dagger that this is MUCH larger and the bite seems much more devastating...
Wic protects Tragershen while Anton tries to stab the beast again but the blow is ill timed and he misses it.

Order of Combat Round 3:
Anton 22 gone
Tragershen 16 gone
Shocker Lizard 15 gone
Nim 14a
Wic 14b
Nora 7a
Corbrius 7b

Marching order:
C N Nim W T A
* * *----*SL*
No map, Anton Tragershen and Wik are next to it, the rest of you are 5' increments away from the beast, Corbrius is 20' from it. It is difficult terrain.

Tragershen:

Need another stabilization check.

Tragershen continues to bleed out...
Nim does indeed run the big lizard through with his spear, a heavy blow which would drop most men but the Lizard seems to just get angrier from the it. It turns its attention to Nim, hoping to kill the thing that just hurt it!

bite atk 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 dam 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Hit

The blow is a grazing bite to his thigh, but it is still enough to almost render the meat from his bones.

Nim:

Need a DC 14 Fort save

Nim is up...


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Nim grimaces as the lizard lands its strike, opening a nasty wound on his leg. Nim admires the wound for a moment before smiling and stepping again, attempting to flank the creature move action 5' step (to flanking?) before lifting his spear overhead and driving the tip down at the lizard's spine... standard action attack w/ spear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 (+2 if flanking) damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 ...piercing its back with another well placed strike.

Wicewakan continues to defend the prone form of Tragershen, growling and snapping at the lizard... standard action attack w/ bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 ...failing again to make significant contact with the lizard.

DM:
Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 success

Current status (round 2):
Nim -- AC: 15 HP: 8 of 13
Wicewakan -- AC: 14 HP: 14 of 14


DM:
Stabilization check Con DC 10 1d20 + 1 - 6 ⇒ (5) + 1 - 6 = 0 Also a fail. Hit points now -7, dead at -12.

I am good with Nim being our caller. I agree if any of us dissent, we can call it out. From what I've seen, everyone posts regularly enough that a dissent like that wouldn't require a retcon, or at least much of one.


Nora nods to the instructions and calls out "When this is done somebody is giving me some basic lizard identification lessons..." she holds her positions and extends a hand to ensure Tragershen's life continues.

She'll hold her position and cast stabilize on Tragershen


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Assuming that Corbius finishes it off...

Anton rushes to examine Tragershen, relieved to find him no longer bleeding out. He looks for signs of poison and untrained Heal, standard action 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 can't tell what's up between all of the horrible wounds.

How's your leg? Anton asks Nim. Any poison? He starts to field dress the monitor lizard's corpse. Just in case we end up unexpectedly spending the night like we did last time, at least we'll have plenty to eat.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Nim glances down at his leg. I am feeling no ill effects from the bite so far... Nim yanks his spear free and proceeds to keep watch over the others as they tend to Tragershen. How is he?

As Anton strips the meat from the lizard, Nim offers, Take only the choice meat. We shouldn't tarry here too long. And you should drag what remains away, or we should avoid this particular spot on our return trip. It will attract other predators...


XP Reward 125xp each

Between Corbrius and Nim you are able to end the beast. Tere is quite a bit of meat, at least 100lbs if you want to spend the time to clean and prep it.

Tragershen is hurt quite badly...currently -7 hit points as I said before unless otherwise retconned or told otherwise I will use your healing resources to keep things moving.

Nora strides over and uses her healing powers, after making sure the big lizard is dead, to heal both Tragershen and Nim.
Channel Positive Energy1d6 ⇒ 1
Channel Positive Energy1d6 ⇒ 3
Channel Positive Energy1d6 ⇒ 6
Channel Positive Energy1d6 ⇒ 1

Unfortunately she uses much of her healing resources to get Tragershen up and moving around again. You take some choice cuts and keep moving NE until noon when the rains and heat come. You are not far from the coast. You wait it out and continue to the coast for about 30 minutes. It is a 75 foot drop to the rough shore and the wreck is about 200ft off the shore on a reef.
The wreck looks in rough shape, much of the ship is gone except for a large section of the forecastle which lies on the reef.

Anton:
Did you want to use your perception ability to try and learn more about the ship from a distance?

351 to 400 of 3,325 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Stephens Serpents Skull Campaign PBP Chapter 1: Smugglers Shiv All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.