Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Stephens Serpents Skull Campaign - Chp1:The Smugglers Shiv (Inactive)

Game Master terok

With the defeat of the dark Dryad and surviving many of the islands others challenges, the party is well on their way to becoming the Shiv's masters...only Ieana stands in their way...


2,251 to 2,300 of 3,325 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>

Wic tries to pull the creature down but the Mushroom Beast shakes him off and knocks him prone.

Purple colored slime splatters all over Nim and Anton from his tremendous strike and it seems to shudder from the force...

Order of Combat Round 1:

Tragershen 22
Mihai 14
Aedalis 13
Anton 4
Mushroom Beast 2a
Corbrius 2b
Wic 2c
Nim 2d

Map Round 2


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

As previously mentioned, Wic is not knocked prone in turn if he fails his own trip attack. :)

Trip (Ex)


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Round 2:

Seeing Anton in dire straights after the beast has snared him within it's grasp, Mihai implores "Strength Anton - fight on" and releases another wave of Sinishakti's grace.

Stand and channel to heal: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8 - excluding the mushroom man.


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

FYI Nim as per my last IC post you had Fortune that round... If you keep forgetting i'm going to have to make Corbrius and Anton the primary targets at this rate ;).

Round 2 Action-

Aedalis finished his spell and conjured a being of earth and rock to fight for him- appearing beside Wic. It was about the same size as Anton. He urged it in a slow and grinding language-

Terran:

Fight to release the small one from the plant.

Earth Elemental Slam Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

He then slowly added Corbrius to Nim within his own mind, seeking to bolster him as well as the Druid.

Active Hexes-

Fortune (On Nim and Corbrius)

Active Spells- Summon Monster 2 (Small Earth Elemental)


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

I did remember... but after I had already posted and was looking things over. :P

Didn't seem right to go back and add it in... and things seemed to turn out all right anyway. ;)

Also, in my defence, as I was gone for 5+ days and expected to be DMPC'd in the meantime, it had slipped my mind. :)

And this is the first time I have forgotten to use it... I have previously let it go unused by purposely keeping it in reserve for a much needed save that did not materialize. :)


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

I would post my round 2 actions.. but I seem to be after the mushroom beast now. ;)


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Round 2, Init 4

FA: Drop halfling sling staff
SA: CMB to break grapple (bless, IC): 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 9 Failure
MA: Draw Medium +1 dagger

Being crushed by the mushroom beast's powerful tentacle, Anton has no other thought than to try to escape, dropping his sling staff and attempting to pry and wiggle himself free. However, the monster is far too strong for the half-dead halfling. Determined to go down fighting, the defiant ranger pulls out his big magic dagger.

Current Status
hp 14/26, AC 20
Effects: bless, longstrider, inspire courage (4 rounds left)
Conditions: grappled


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Hang in there buddy! We're coming for ya! ;)


Tragershen to go before the beast...


Feeling safer behind his allies than he probably should, Tragershen spends precious seconds watching the engagement begin and progress before deciding his next course of action. Some of the warriors seem to be making inroads toward inflicting harm on the monstrosity. In an effort to buy them more time, he acts with a calmness his new friends have rarely seen since arriving on this island.

Again calling on the lore recently acquired from the earliest settlers of this island, the elf dips a finger into a small pocket of tree sap before tracing arcane symbols in the air and muttering a few unintelligible phrases. The tiny smear of sap flies from his finger tip, growing and spreading as it arcs toward the behemoth.

Use bonded object call to cast Azlanti Glue on the creature. Reflex save for partial effect, DC 15.

Azlanti Glue:
School conjuration (creation); Level sorcerer/witch/wizard 2
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, M (pinch of tree sap)
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Area One creature
Duration 1 round/level
Saving Throw Reflex (partial); Spell Resistance yes
A globe of sticky resin springs from your hand and strikes the target.
The subject is immediately held in place, effectively stuck to the ground. A failed reflex save means the creature gains the grappled condition and cannot move until the spell expires.
Each round they make attempt to break free by making a successful combat maneuver check or escape artist check at against the DC of the spell as a full round action.
A successful save means the subject gains the entangled condition for 1 round.


The powerful Azlanti spell splatters on the plant beasts legs, hardening almost instantaneously.
Reflex Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
It hesitates for a moment, seemingly unsure of what to do with all of the blows raining down on it and it being unable to move.

It drops Anton to the ground Free Action he is now in H7.. The Mushroom beasts tentacles suddenly glow with a purple malice and it lashes out at the creature that hurt it the worst...Nim.

Tentacle atk grappled 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 2 = 18 dam 1d6 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 5 = 17 Hit
Tentacle atk grappled 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 2 = 10 dam 1d6 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 5 = 14 Miss

The first blow is a massive one, hitting Nim almost as hard as he hit the creature in the first place but the glue does it's job and it has trouble bringing it's other tentacle to bear on Nim and he is easily able to evade it.

The creature seems much easier to hit, stuck in one place...


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

I assume the elemental's attack hit then.


Yes, everything hit and the elemental did add some damage to its total, there is purple slime leaking from many parts of the beast, it appears to be badly hurt.
And I caught that Wic is not tripped. I will try to summarize the hits better at the end of each round so you all know for sure in the future.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Can I try to land on my feet? Perhaps an Acrobatics check or something? :)


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Round 2 (Init 2)

*********** Nim's turn *****************

Nim, staggered by the tremendous blow, manages to keep his feet under him and retaliates with another mighty swing of his mage-touched steel...
standard action attack w/scimitar (two-handed) +bless + insight +flank: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 18
fortune roll: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 26
damage (two-handed) +packhunter: 1d6 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + (6) = 15
...once again covering himself in splashes of purple gore as his sword bites deeply!

Nim then moves away from the glued beast, out of range of its tentacles. move action to I 9

It is held! Get clear and hit it at range!

************ Wic's turn *****************

Wic again attempts to rip into the mushroom beast with his teeth...
standard action attack w/bite +bless +insight: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 19
bite damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
free trip: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 7
...and makes contact but to no real effect as the creatures alien anatomy confounds him.

Current status and effects:
Wicewakan: AC 18 HP 24 of 24
bless & insight
Nim: AC 16 HP 11 of 29
fortune, bless & insight


Anton Green wrote:
Can I try to land on my feet? Perhaps an Acrobatics check or something? :)

When it releases you it does not put you prone. That will be my grappling ruling going forward, I will specify if it has some special ability to put you prone as well.

Nim brings his blade to bear on the creature, slicing open its abdomen completely...the blow is just too much for the plant creature and it writhes for a moment swaying dangerously before falling over, almost crushing Anton.
The little man dives away in the nick of time and rolls to his feet with his usual grin. It is eerily quiet again...

265XP each.


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Eying the fallen beast warily, Mihai calls upon Sinishakti once more to salve wounds and heighten spirits. Noting the direness of Nim's wound, he gives the Druidic slayer an additional measure to ensure he walks on.

Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8 and 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4 2/6 left
Also burn Shield of Faith for a CLW on Nim: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The varisian pilgrim then eyes the surrounding area before pondering "I wonder what other foul beasts walk this mist."


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Anton nods, his grin erased by the thought. "I can only imagine. And we haven't even found the heart of the problem yet. I'd suggest maybe resting up and coming back tomorrow, except that we'd likely run into the same kind of things."


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

XP added... new total 5855

Nim watches with grim satisfaction as the beast topples to the ground. He is grateful for the healing magics of Mihai, and that everyone survived the battle.

At Mihai and Anton's remarks Nim adds in his usual gruff manner. Things could definitely get worse for us, before they get better. We should press on... but might I suggest that in the future we try and use more sophisticated tactics than just stand and go toe to toe with large dangerous beasts? If that is our only strategy, then surely we will encounter something that we cannot overcome with brute force alone... and some, or all of us, will perish.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Anton puts his magic dagger away, retrieves his sling staff, and loads it with his fourth-to-last bullet. "As you saw, I'm a big fan of shooting while backing away -- but I just couldn't see where it was in the fog, until it was right on us. Besides, even if we saw something coming from in front of us, we could back into something else behind us unknowing."

The little ranger looks up at Nim. "I agree, we need to work on our tactics. But I think that we did a good job there of making sure that it couldn't get to one of us without being in striking range of others, and of keeping it away from those less well-armored. That might be the best we can hope for, here and now."


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Not allowing Nim's passive agressive statement to stand unchallenged Mihai speaks with his usual inscrutability "And does the cockerel crow for the sound of it's cry... or do the rays of sun show over the horizon?"

Nim:
Just in case it isn't clear, Mihai is calling you out on saying "We should do something different than X" without actually giving any detail on what else he proposes ;)


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

In response to Anton, Nim remarks, How did something that big get so close to us? One second it wasn't there and the next it was 10 steps from you? The fog is not that thick here!

Upon Mihai's interjection, Nim looks at him for a long hard moment, confusion upon his face, before recognition and even a smile cracks his usually stern demeanour. Indeed. Ok... specifics then. I was merely suggesting that, for instance here... gesturing at the downed mushroom beast, ...that given this creature's obvious strength, toughness and lack of ranged attack, that we should have spread out, kept obstacles between ourselves and it and used ranged attacks of our own to whittle it down or drive it off. Hit and run tactics. Frustrate it by continually moving. Using our numbers to confound it... as opposed to playing to its strengths of grabbing those within reach and squeezing the life out of them. I could have used a moment to cast a spell or two to bolster my abilities, but not if I am rooted in place, holding some 'line', or having to engage immediately.

If a bull charges, and tries to gore you with its horns, does it not make sense to get out of its way if you can? Nim adds with a wink and a bigger grin.

With a nod to Anton, Nim continued, I am not suggesting that we should have retreated... just that we had moved with more purpose. Things have a habit of surprising us yes... but we shouldn't compound the issue with poor decisions regarding the ones we can see.

No offence gentlemen, as Nim address the whole group, but at some point in the future I am not going to just idly stand pat and wait for doom to run me over because someone expects me to do so every time. At some point everyone has to be responsible for himself. And in a way that doesn't cause others to risk their lives unnecessarily.

That is not meant as a threat. I will always do my best to defend the five of you as best as I can. Risking my very life if need be. All that I ask in return is that you do not expect me to do so, as a matter of habit or for lack of insight, when other options are available.

Is that not fair?


Will post an update later tonight on your next steps further into the fungus mists...please keep track of any residual damage you have and let me know.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

I believe that everyone is at full hp now, thanks to Mihai.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Nim and Wic are full up thanks to Mihai yes. :)


You trudge through the mists towards the tower-like structure you had seen earlier. It isn't long before you are rewarded by your goal.
What you see before you is an odd site.
You are guessing that the remains of a ship lie here. It is hard to tell though because it is completely encrusted with the purple fungus. It appears to be broken upon the side of the island as the fungus ship lies in two pieces, it's hull exposed to the outside world. Despite this the ship is intact and remarkably well preserved raising questions as to how it got this far inland. You can't see a name due to the fungus. Various rigging and parts of the boat groan and sway in the wind, but you hear nothing else.
Out of the center of the two pieces of the ship a 50 foot high fungus covered rock protrudes into the sky like a gigantic finger pointing upwards. This is the tower that you saw earlier.

Any preparation before you enter the ship? See map below for reference.

Tower of the fungus god map


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

"By the gods... was the fungus begat of it's cargo when the vessel tore itself apart?" Mihai puts a calming hand to the reassuring wooden box that bears his harrow deck.

No special prep


"This would seem to be the source... I wonder if the ship is a victim of the fungus, or the source itself?"

No special preparation unless mage armor's three hour duration has expired.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

How o you suppose it got here? Some sort of storm or perhaps by magic?

Corbius pauses for a moment before seeming to realize something. Larissa? Are you there? Have you ever encountered something like this before?


All of you look at Corbrius expectantly when the haunting sounds of Larissia's voice eminate from his Rapier, No Corbrius I have not. I remember so little of my former knowledge, just bits and pieces. What I remember most is what I know about the Azlanti and their history and language. My studies of plants seems to have suffered when I left my body for the sword. Maybe with time I will remember more.
I would say though, does this seem like the work of the vegetable men or something else?

You look to each other and none of you remembers any mention of Vegepygmies working in this manner or producing a "fungus".
The only thing that comes to anyones mind is the passage in the book where Aedalis identified the mushroom beast from and it talked about them typically living in parts of the Abyss...you look to each other not feeling any better about that thought.


You cautiously move forward towards the open hull of the ship. Nothing immediately threatens you as you come up to the eadge of the open hull.

The scene inside of the ship is almost otherworldly.
The interior of the ship is completely overgrown. What looks like purple fungus stalagtities and stalagmites cover it. Several opening go further into the ship...

Stay tuned will set up the next battle tonight.


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

Aedalis looked somewhat weary of the conversation put forward by Nim but offered nothing in response, preferring to reassure Tilsini, who had been quite shaken by the beast. The earth elemental he had summoned faded away slowly as the group wandered off.

If it appeared that a large creature would get by OK on the ship, Aedalis would enlarge Nim.


I provided the map of the ship and surrounding terrain, I will leave it up to you to make that decision.
Other than the main hull area you are guessing that moving around will be difficult in a ship at large size from the other ships you have been on.


DM Only:

Surprise Round:
perception Nim 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
perception Anton 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
perception Aedalis1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
perception Tragershen 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
perception Corbrius 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
perception Mihai1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
vs stealth 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (1) + 23 = 24

When you peer in several shapes dart towards you. They appear to be primitive weapons...spears. You spot more of the vegetable creatures hiding in the vegetation within the ship. You didn't see any of them until they attacked they were so well hidden!

spear atk vs. Corb 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 dam 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6Hit!
spear atk vs. Nim 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 dam 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Miss!
spear atk vs. Wic 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 dam 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Hit!
Last Spear 1d3 ⇒ 3
spear atk vs. Wic 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 dam 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 Hit!

One spear hits Corbrius and two hit Wic.

DM Only:

initiative strings:
Nim 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Anton 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Mihai 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Tragershen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Corbrius 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Aedalis 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Vegepygmies 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Order of Combat Round 1:
Nim 19
Anton 18a
Vegepygmies 18b
Mihai 17
Aedalis 10
Corbrius 6
Tragershen 4

The Vegepygmies all have some cover at the moment.
Vegepygmy VL seems to be wielding a Longspear and wearing a chain shirt. The other three look like the ones you encountered before.

Nim to go. 24 hour rules is in effect.

Round 1 Map


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Ahh! I was in the process of writing my "Any preparation?" post!

Anton puts his sling staff and bullet away. Taking a miner's lantern out of his backpack, the little ranger pulls a wayfinder from his belt pouch, activates its light, puts it in the lantern in lieu of lighting a wick, and puts the lantern on his pith helmet. Then he draws his magic dagger and one of his javelins, since any fighting is likely to be close, but you never know when you'll get a clear shot.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

And of course, I would've been better off with the sling staff... ah well. If Nim goes while I'm at work, just have Anton delay, to keep things moving along.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Cannot load the map... Pleases DMPC Nim until further notice. :/


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

Strange, it was working earlier but not now.


I just checked it, it is working for me? Will try to do Nim's turn later today.


Nim casts Bull's STR on himself and gives Wic the guard command. Wic is hurt, can someone help him?


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

MA: Move 20' to I/8.
SA: Ready attack with dagger +1.

"I'll do what I can." Anton moves up, close to the three that are on one side, and stands ready to cut whichever one approaches him first.

Current Status
hp 26/26, AC 20
Effects: longstrider

Readied Attack:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Anton swings his magic dagger, slashing at the vegepygmy, but he can't quite connect.


The pygmies go launching another salvo of spears at Anton, Corbrius, and Nim.
V1 vs. Anton Spear atk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 dam 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 Miss!
V3 vs. Anton Spear atk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 dam 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3Miss!

V2 vs. Corb Spear atk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 dam 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6Hit!

VL vs. Nim Spear atk 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 dam 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 miss!

Corbrius takes another spear hit in the thigh and is hurt quite badly.
Mihai and the rest to go.


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Round 1: 21/21 HP, AC 14, Channel: 1/6

As battle is joined and blood begins to flow, Mihai stands against the sanguine torrent and seeks to staunch it. "Forward steps... we shall walk on."

Channel Positive to heal: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6


Hoping to handicap the newly exposed foes, Tragershen dips a finger into his pouch and comes out with a fingertip covered in ground mica. With an arcane flourish and a muttered arcane phrase, the powder soars and expands as it arcs toward the creatures. It explodes silently in the middle of them and Tragershen grimaces when it falls just short of one of the targeted trio.

Casting Glitterdust, centered at G/H-8/9, which should catch the vegepygmies at F9 and H10 but just miss the one at F7. DC 16 will save vs. blindness.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Anton is in I/8. I would be more worried about this, except that I don't think that you have clear line of effect (pg. 215) to that intersection without moving, so you're probably going to have to revise it anyway. ;)


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Corbius will delay until after Nim but before Anton

Current Status

AC 19
HP 17/23
Arcane Pool 4/4
Initiative +3


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

Aedalis stepped forward as he placed a Fortune hex upon Anton, focusing his will on it to extend the duration.


You can center it in F,G/9,10 and catch those two but you will have to move to to at least K4. I will assume this is what you do unless stated otherwise.

The magical dust hits the area and the two Vegepygmies.
V1 Willpower Save vs. DC 16 1d20 ⇒ 8
V3 Willpower Save vs. DC 16 1d20 ⇒ 15

It's hard to tell their reaction to the spell but they suddenly stop moving...

Order of Combat Round 1:

Nim 19
Anton 18a
Vegepygmies 18b
Mihai 17
Aedalis 10
Corbrius 6 *delaying until after Nim...
Tragershen 4

Nim is up...

Round 2


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Round 2

*********** Nim's turn *****************

Nim commands Wic to attack the veg at F 7 before moving in himself move to G 6 and attacking with his scimitar...
Handle animal - attack (wounded): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 success
standard action attack w/scimitar (two-handed) +power attack +bull's str: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 1 = 21
damage (two-handed) +power attack +bull's str: 1d6 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 = 18
...

************ Wic's turn *****************

Wic rushes in move to G 7 and bites at the veg Nim is attacking...
standard action attack w/bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
bite damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
free trip: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
...

Current status and effects:
Wicewakan: AC 18 HP 20 of 24
Nim: AC 16 HP 29 of 29
bull's str

Still busy... rushed this post... hope everything is accurate. :P


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Round 2 (after Corb)

Spellcraft (Tragershen's spell): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
FA: Drop javelin and +1 dagger
MA: Draw lucerne hammer
SA: Attack H/10: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Fortune: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
...for 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 damage

Anton ducks (which is a little redundant) as two spears come flying at him; one goes over his head, and the other clangs off of his breastplate. Then Tragershen casts some spell that makes a couple of the vegepygmies stand there stupified -- glitterdust, he realizes -- Nim and Wicewakan engage the armored one, and Anton feels the familiar sensation of webs of fate being pulled in his favor.

Finding that he has enough space for his old familar polearm, the cautious halfling drops his other weapons and whips out his trusty lucerne hammer. Swinging it around, Anton bashes the spell-bound vegepygmy with the pronged hammerhead, with only the slightest shimmer in his perception to show any difference between possible futures; one way or another, the fungal ambusher was going to get hit.

2,251 to 2,300 of 3,325 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Stephens Serpents Skull Campaign PBP Chapter 1: Smugglers Shiv All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.