Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Stephens Serpents Skull Campaign - Chp1:The Smugglers Shiv (Inactive)

Game Master terok

With the defeat of the dark Dryad and surviving many of the islands others challenges, the party is well on their way to becoming the Shiv's masters...only Ieana stands in their way...


1,701 to 1,750 of 3,325 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

I'm really starting to feel useless. So let's see what happens!

Round 18, Init 16

Despite starting to feel like a comedy character performing pratfalls in a cheap theatrical, Anton once again tries to stand up. The stakes are very serious, and there is very little that he can do on his back; so no matter how hard it is, or how foolish he feels, the frustrated halfling knows that he has to get on his feet.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 3 = 18 Whew!

After finally managing to use his held trident to leverage himself upright, Anton immediately takes advantage to throw the deadly pronged weapon at the cannibal that hurt Pezcock.

Standard 10' thrown attack w/trident (bless, Point-Blank Shot): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 11
...for 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6 damage.

AC 20, hp 8/18, bless, standing on grease


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Round 18: 15/15 HP, 3/6 Bit o' Luck, 3/6 Channel

Seeing that all near to him are out of immediate danger of death, Mihai knows that the party is close to expending their might... and yet he has a portion of his power remaining. Hustling back to where Nim stands Mihai touches a hand to the enlarged druid, and Nim feels his concentration strengthen. Bidding him "End this Nim... strike down the witch"...

Move to I,18; Bit o' Luck on Nim
Bless still in effect through Round 30.


You are welcome to try big fool! I have lived for 60 summers, you are nothing but food for my plate. Kill him! she says to the skeleton and points at Nim.

Extend -2 to hit with cackle for one more round on Nim.

The skeleton moves forward to attack, F16 If it makes it there. , drawing an AOO from Nim.
S1 claw atk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 dam 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Hit or Miss

the old women then reaches over and taps the prone Aerys with her wand...she screams out in agony, collasping on the floor...

Touch atk prone, bound 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 4 = 20 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 2) = 12

DC 20 perception or heal check:

She yet breathes...she didn't turn into a husk like the others near death that she tapped.

The other skeleton steps forward to E22 attacking Tragershen once more:
S3 claw atk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 dam 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Miss
S3 claw atk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 dam 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Hit


DM Stephen wrote:
You are welcome to try big fool! I have lived for 60 summers, you are nothing but food for my plate. Kill him!

Sixty summers? Insolent child!

Tragershen takes a wound from the skeleton and in a flash takes in the scene anew. With Anton and Corbius re-engaged, the elf seeks to better his positioning. While fighting with great expertise to keep the skeleton and cannibal at bay, Tragershen finds an opportunity to drive home with a thrust at the cannibal.

To hit 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Damage 1d6 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Edit:
Possible crit, confirm 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Damage 1d6 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Round 18

Perception check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Bit of luck: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Nim grimaces as he watches the witch harm Aerys with her wand. Anger obvious in his voice, Nim shouts You are not going to see another sunrise, let alone another summer!

Nim slashes at the incoming skeleton without taking his eyes off of the witch...

AoO attack with scimitar +1 +enlarge +bless -hex: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 5 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 1 + 5 + 1 - 2 = 18
bit of luck roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 -5 DR = 4 damage

...connecting, but not landing a solid blow. He slaps the skeleton's own attack away with his sword before re-gripping and swinging away again with all his might. This time calling upon Aedalis' influences as well as Mihai's...

standard action attack with scimitar +1 +enlarge +bless -hex +guidance: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 5 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 + 5 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 12
bit of luck roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
fortune roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

confirm crit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
bit of luck: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

damage: 2d8 + 16 ⇒ (7, 1) + 16 = 24 -5 DR = 19 damage

...landing a tremendous blow to the skeleton's midsection.

Assuming the skeleton is destroyed by 23 damage... Nim growls as the skeleton blows apart in a shower of bone shards. His eyes never seeming to have left the witch, Nim grins as he points his sword at her with both hands, flexing his blood splattered muscles and snarling at her, You seem to be running out of minions for me to slay!

Wary of her wand, and bleeding from numerous wounds himself, he grunts over his shoulder, Mihai, can you replenish my vitality that I may slay this wretched crone? At the same time he drops a hand from his sword and reaches into his own belongings to produce a vial. move action retrieve potion of CMW (just in case ;)

Current status and effects:
Wicewakan: AC 0 HP ?? of 23 (prone and unconscious/dying)
Nim: AC 14 HP 8 of 21
Bless - expires round 30
Enlarge Person - expires round ??
Longstrider - expires in 2 hours
Fortune - active (used)
Bit of luck - active
Guidance - used


Pezcock ignores the Cannibal and sqeaks at the old woman,
I return your curse on you Old Crone!
Willpower Save for -2 on attacks vs. DC 15 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12Success, -2 to attacks for several rounds.

The Old Woman shrieks at the curse...

The last Cannibal sees his only other tribemate run and the old woman affected by the groups magic...it is just too much for him...he breaks and runs for the path to the north.

Withdraw from Pezcock, draw an AOO from Corbrius and Tragershen.

Cannibal 5 lays there groaning.
The Shiv Dragon lies sleeping still.

Order of Combat Round 18:

Aedalis 22
Corbrius 17
Mihai 16a
Anton 16b
Malikadna & Skeletons 13
Tragershen 8
Nim 7a
Wic 7b
Pezcock 5
Cannibals 3a
Shiv Dragon 3b

Aedalis extends his fortune on Nim, and casts Guidance on Nim.
You have the blessing of Shyka again, go kill the old b+!*@, I am tired of her cackling!

Map update to follow later today.


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Round 19: 15/15 HP, 3/6 Bit o' Luck, 2/6 Channel

Mihai's face is soaked in sweat from the effort expended over the last few minutes. Gritting his teeth he calls once more of Sinashakti's grace "My energy wanes Nim... but I will do as I can"...

Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 3 - excluding any foes, but should also tag Wic.
Bless still in effect through Round 30.


Nim shatters the skeleton into many little pieces and stares threateningly at the old woman...the healing washes over Nim and Wic.

Was that enough to wake Wic, I can't remember what negative he was at?

Corbrius and Anton to go...the Skeleton still threatens Corbrius.


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Not enough yet - I think Wic is at -1 after the channel


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Mark is correct. Wic is at -1.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Round 18, Init 13

Anton whips his head around at a feminine scream. "Aerys! No!"

Round 19, Init 20ish (somewhere between Aedalis and Corbrius)

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 "Aerys still breathes. We must finish the witch!"


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

AOO:
Corbius seeing the cannibal trying to move away stabs at his back with his rapier from the ground

Standard Attack1d20 + 5 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 4 + 1 = 15 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Where do you think you are going! He snarls as he drives the tip of his rapier into the fleeing cannibals back.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Round 18

Hearing Aerys scream of pain and Anton's confirmation that she is hurt but alive. Realizing that he cannot affect the skeleton Corbius stands up disregarding the threat it faces to himself. Stand from prone (cross fingers does not hit me:))

Corbius then attempts to move across the grease field toward Aerys. Walk to c15. DC10 acrobatics check 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 2 = 8 But as he steps into the grease field his feet slip and slide beneath him preventing him from moving more then a few feet. Stopped in C20 but not prone


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Round 19, Init 16b

Afraid to risk slipping again, and afraid for Aerys's life if he takes the time to load his sling staff, Anton draws one of the javelins that Nim whittled down for him. Testing its weight and balance, the perceptive halfling holds back his impulse to throw it right away. He's seen the effectiveness of the witch's magic, and wants to try and distract her if she uses it again; but at the same time, as effective as Nim has been, Anton trusts his timing.

Doing my best to make it in-character and not too complicated: I'm readying an action for Anton to throw his drawn javelin at the witch if she starts to cast a spell or use a wand, or if Nim moves toward or attacks her.

AC 20, hp 8/18, bless, standing on grease

Readied Action:
Putting all of his anger and practice into his throw, the little ranger launches a dead cannibal's modified weapon at the witch. His silence is a little eerie, as if "Hello" covered everything he wanted to say to her.

I'm assuming that prone people don't provide soft cover, else add -4 to the attack roll.
Standard 30' thrown attack w/javelin (bless, Point-Blank Shot): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 14
...for 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6 damage.


Round 19 Map sorry for the delay.


The skeleton strikes out at Corbrius as he stands.
S3 claw atk prone1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 4 = 20 dam 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Hit
Corbrius is staggered but still standing...

It then presses it's attack on Tragershen:
S3 claw atk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 dam 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Hit
S3 claw atk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 dam 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Miss

The Old Woman moves to E15, laughs and taps Wic on it's resting body with her Wand...Anton throws a Javelin, slicing her across her thigh but it isn't enough to stop the deadly effect from hitting the defenseless wolf
Touch atk prone helpless 1d20 + 2 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 4 - 4 = 12 only a 1 misses dam 3d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 3) = 7

Wic's body shudders with the pain....You should protect your pets better! she shrieks at Nim...

Tragershen and the rest are up.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

I think that Corbius missed where the skeleton moved to E22, and that it no longer threatened him. I forgot too, until I saw the updated map. ;)


Bleeding freely now from the skeleton inflicted wounds, Tragershen retreats a couple of paces while he again calls on positive energy to end the undead creature.

Step back to C23 and cast Disrupt Undead.
To hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage 1d6 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

So Anton is at initiative 13a now?

"Blast!" Anton fumes at his inability to protect Wicewakan from the witch's attack. As the battle wears on, old habits from five years in the Molthune army rise to the fore. "Corb, it's too slippery. Just shoot her! Trags, draw the skellie a little closer, and I'll finish it." In the heat of the moment, the diminutive ex-soldier is completely oblivious to how the others might react to him giving them nicknames and telling them what to do.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

What has Tilsini been doing these last couple rounds? :)

Round 19

Nim watches as the hag drains the life force of his wolf companion. He does not give her the satisfaction of reacting. Instead he replies by glancing about at the downed cannibals and remarking, You are one to talk! Wicewakan has fought bravely, and if he should die this day, then he died well.

You on the other hand? You will die, that is certain, but it won't be well, that I can assure you!

Nim returns the vial to his pouch move action before stalking closer to the hag 5' step to F/G 16/17 and slashing at her arm holding the wand... hoping to relieve her of the foul device...

standard action disarm +enlarge +bless -hex? +guidance: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 5 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + 5 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 10
fortune roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

...
Is the hex on Nim still active?

Current status and effects:
Wicewakan: AC 0 HP -8 of 23 (prone and unconscious/dying)
Nim: AC 14 HP 11 of 21
Bless - expires round 30
Enlarge Person - expires round ??
Longstrider - expires in 2 hours
Fortune - active (used)
Guidance - used

DM only:
Wic's stabilization roll (vs DC 10): 1d20 + 2 - 8 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 8 = -2(fail)


Corbius Jank wrote:

Round 18

Hearing Aerys scream of pain and Anton's confirmation that she is hurt but alive. Realizing that he cannot affect the skeleton Corbius stands up disregarding the threat it faces to himself. Stand from prone (cross fingers does not hit me:))
Corbius then attempts to move across the grease field toward Aerys. Walk to c15. DC10 acrobatics check 1d20+3-2 But as he steps into the grease field his feet slip and slide beneath him preventing him from moving more then a few feet. Stopped in C20 but not prone

Yep, my error, he wasn't next to skeleton 3, no damage.

The wand is knocked from the old woman's hand and onto the ground in her square. She shrieks at Nim, throwing several foul threats about eating him slowly and then feeding what's left of his carcass to the mountain devil.

Pezcock uses an action to dismiss the grease area then moves to C21.
Tragershen, I have one cure spell left I can cast on the skeleton to get rid of it if you don't errrkkk!

The 2 surviving Cannibals leave the old crone to her fate against you all and run off disappearing into the jungle.

Cannibal 5 lays there groaning, although he could gain more normal actions any moment.
The Shiv Dragon and Cannibal 9 sleep peacefully.

Order of Combat Round 20:

Aedalis 22
Corbrius 17
Mihai 16
Anton 13a you interrupted her action, you go first.
Malikadna & Skeletons 13b
Tragershen 8
Nim 7a
Wic 7b
Pezcock 5
Cannibals 3a
Shiv Dragon 3b

Aedalis extends his fortune to Nim yet again, steps 5' to Nim and touches him, Another blessing, finish her!
Guidance
Tilsini was pretty badly hurt, but was just healed some, he will act now.

Help Nim get the old woman!
Tilsini moves into her space, and attempt to aid another on attack.
Bite atk aid another 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 = 19 Nim get's +2 to hit this round.

Map Round 20


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

free action speech

Mihai! Someone!! Grab the wand!!!


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Round 20: 15/15 HP, 3/6 Bit o' Luck, 2/6 Channel

With a mouthed prayer, Mihai acts upon Nim's request - darting forward around his legs to snatch the wand from where it lies in the dirt

Move to E,16 - then attempt to pick up the fallen wand.
Bless still in effect through Round 30.


The old woman is obviously unarmed, but reaching next to her to grab the wand as she veers away from Nim, the monkey in her robes lashes out at your hand.

bite atk 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 dam 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3 Miss

Luckily you are quick enough to grab the wand without being scratched.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Earlier...

Round 19, Init 5

At some arcane words from the eccentric tengu, the grease disappears as suddenly as it appeared. Anton blinks in surprise, then grins. "Oh, goody."


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Round 20

Seeing the grease disappear upon the birdman's command Corbius launches himself forward to place himself squarely between the witch and Aerys. Move action to D15 His sword glows as he does. Enhance Rapier

He yells at Anton as he moves away. Free action SpeechAnton take care of that Shiv dragon before it wakes up!

Corbius strikes at the witch with his rapier.
Standard Attack with enhanced Rapier1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 = 211d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Feeling the the tip bite into her flesh Corbius smiles. There is no where to run Witch surrender now!

Current Status

AC 18
HP 8/16
Arcane Pool 2/4
Enhanced Rapier +1 till round 30
Bless till round 30


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

The mundane halfling's eyes widen in alarm at Corbius's words. Not having any knowledge of magic whatsoever, Anton trusts his comrade, and scoops up his dropped lucerne hammer -- but then remembers the lesson that almost killed him. Deal with the moving ones first. The quick-thinking ranger takes a few fast steps forward and swings his polearm at the single skeleton that is keeping two powerful magicians from dealing with the witch.

MA: Pick up lucerne hammer.
NA: 5-foot step to C21.
SA: Standard attack w/lucerne hammer vs. skeleton in E22 (bless): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 = 14
...for 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 damage.

Still not quite himself from his near-death experience, Anton strikes a glancing blow that deflects off of the skeleton's tough bones. "Kill the witch. Save Aerys. I'll deal with these!" He gestures at the skeleton, Shiv dragon, and cannibals.

AC 20, hp 8/18, bless

AoO:
Anton takes advantage of the mindless undead's thoughtless movement.

Standard attack w/lucerne hammer (bless): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 = 14
...for 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 damage.


The old woman looks around and then at Nim, So you think that wand is the only way I can hurt you? You are mistaken!

5'shift to D14.
Cast Cause Fear at Nim Defensively
Concentration Check 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27 succeed!

Nim's save vs. Fear effect
Willpower Save + bless vs. 16 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14 fail!

One down, the rest of you will fall before my power!

DM Only:

1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds frightened

The skeleton attacks Tragershen:
S3 claw atk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 dam 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Hit
S3 claw atk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 dam 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Miss

and rakes his face deeply, Targershen barely pulls away before it is able to grab a hold of him....

Nim for his turn spins away fleeing towards the jungle!
He makes it to M/N, 16/17. You can barely make out his large mass moving through the jungle as quickly as possible.

Tragershen to go!


Backing away from the seemingly indestructible undead monstrosity, Tragershen calls out "Pezcock, beware! I'm going to try and draw it to Anton, but it may go after you instead!" He carefully parries the skeletons lunges as he backs up, backs up, then moves away!

Full round action to withdraw. Move to A16 via C23, B22, A21, B20, B19, B18, A17. I believe since those foes are sleeping, he should be able to do that without incurring any AoO's.


Pezcock casts and shifts to D21 then reaches out and tries to end the skeleton threat onces and for all.
Touch atk 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 = 17 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

The positive energy slams into the skeleton and it bursts into dust.

Help your friends against the old woman Anton, these can wait a little longer!/

Cannibal 5 lays there groaning, although he could gain more normal actions any moment.
The Shiv Dragon and Cannibal 9 sleep peacefully.

Order of Combat Round 20:

Aedalis 22
Corbrius 17
Mihai 16
Anton 13a you interrupted her action, you go first.
Malikadna & Skeletons 13b
Tragershen 8
Nim 7a
Wic 7b
Pezcock 5
Cannibals 3a
Shiv Dragon 3b


Aedalis goes and extends the Fortune hex on Nim in case he comes back. He then curses the old woman, trying to make her easier to hit.

Willpower Save vs. DC 15 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Round 21: 15/15 HP, 3/6 Bit o' Luck, 1/6 Channel

Briefly considering attempting to lay the witch low with her own wand, Mihai's flash of anger is tempered by the need of those that still lie fallen. He calls once more upon Sinashakti, begging his aid and allowing them to walk a little further this day.

Move to E,17 - then Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 6 - excluding the witch and anything else injured and living that isn't our friend.
Bless still in effect through Round 30.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Previously...

Anton's looks on in amazement as Pezcock destroys the invincible skeleton with a touch. "Yes, sir!" He pivots and lowers his lucerne hammer, aiming its spearpoint directly at the witch.

Can I charge over Cannibal 5? If not, I have options.

ETA: Also, I just noticed where Pezcock was already in C21. I guess that Anton should've moved to C20 instead? (Corbrius had already vacated it.) The skeleton would've had cover from his reach attack in that case, but Anton missed anyway.


You can no longer move through C5's space like normal terrain, he is moving a bit, although he is blind and stunned.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Round 21

Seeing Nim turn and flee the battle Corbius turns to confront the witch. Waving his hands he incants a simple spell and casts at the witch.Dace DC13

Concentration Check DC15 (+lev+Int+Trait) 1d20 + 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 3 + 2 = 21Success

As the witch is distracted by the spell Corbius spots a weakness in her defenses and thrusts his rapier

Standard Attack1d20 + 5 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 2 + 1 = 241d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Confirm Critical1d20 + 5 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 2 + 1 = 201d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Total 9

Feeling the rapier bite deep into her flesh and blood gushes forth.

Current Status

AC 18
HP 4/16 (Thanks to Anton for pointing out my brain fart:))
Arcane Pool 2/4
Enhanced Rapier till Round 30
Bless till Round 30


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Round 21, Init 13a

Seeing a cannibal in the way, Anton holds his polearm balanced loosely in one hand, and stalks forward half the distance to the witch. He draws a child-sized javelin while he goes, tossing it in the air to test its heft. The little man locks gazes with the old witch, and says a second word to her. "Goodbye." His hand blurs, and then there's a javelin sticking out of her chest.

MA: Move from C20 to D17.
FA: Draw javelin while moving.
SA: Standard 15' thrown attack w/javelin vs. witch in D14 (bless, Point-Blank Shot, in melee): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 17
...for 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6 damage.

AoO:
They really shouldn't even have twitched, since they gave the perceptive halfling an opening that they couldn't afford.

Standard attack w/lucerne hammer (bless): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15
...for 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 damage.


Both Corbrius and Anton strike the old woman with blows that you think should drop someone of her age...the wounds seems to heal as soon as she is hit...now that you see it, you begin to see a bright glow around her...one that seems to dim with very strike!

The old woman begins to chant, edging away from you all, Cast Defensively
Concentration Check vs. DC 19 1d20 + 5 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 5 + 4 = 33 Pass

She casts a spell at Mihai

Spellcraft DC 17:

Hold Person, DC 17 Willpower save.

If he fails:

Get the wand and give it to me. she yells at her monkey.
The monkey moves over to Mihai grabbing the wand, placing it in the Old Womans hand.
The monkey draws an AOO from Corbrius and Anton and Wic with this action. She stays where she is in E15 in this case.

If he makes it:

The Old Woman screams in frustration. You can not defeat me, I will live forever by joining my ancestors!
She moves to C13 drawing an AOO from Corbrius and Anton and Wic with this action.

Wic AOO: bite atk 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 7 dam 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Hit or Miss

Round 21 Map


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Mihai feels the force of the witch's dark power descend upon his mind, and momentarily struggles with the weight of it. But his faith is stout and true, and he is able to absorb the mental assault until it diminishes. Through gritted teeth he growls at her "My faith shields me witch"

DM Stephen wrote:

The Old Woman screams in frustration. You can not defeat me, I will live forever by joining my ancestors!

She moves to C13 drawing an AOO from Corbrius and Anton and Wic with this action.


Let's see if you can take her out before she decends into the pit!!!!! Muh ha ha!!!
Nice timing on that 18 BTW...


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Aye - not bad for my first d20 rolled this combat :P


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

AoO pre-posted above, as per usual when holding a reach weapon. ;)

AoO wrote:

They really shouldn't even have twitched, since they gave the perceptive halfling an opening that they couldn't afford.

Standard attack w/lucerne hammer (bless): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15
...for 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 damage.

AC 20, hp 14/18, bless


Alex (Tilsini) and Corbrius to do their AOO's on the Old Woman as she tries to flee and then it is Pezcock who is up.
If she survives Pezcock hits her with another curse after moving up, to make her easier to hit, -2 to AC. OW Willpower Save vs. DC 15 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 only affected for one round. But that won't be until after the AOO's.
Nim is still running this round but Wic can act! He is above 0 HP so I will assume that he can act and still sees her as an enemy so he could get up and attack her. I will let Nim run Wic's action.


If Tilsini and Corbrius don't take her down with their AoOs, Tragershen will move to B15 and cast Burning Hands.

C12, C13, C14, D13, D14, E14.

Damage 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8

Edited to make the area squares legal after checking the PRD for cone shapes.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

AOO

1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 = 201d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Sorry for short post. Posting while driving


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

Tilsini AOO-

1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4
1d3 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1

The little dinosaur completely missed the witch's heel as he tried to nip it as she moved.

If shes visible on Aedalis' action-

For his part, Aedalis hexed the old hag- adding his own patron's malevolence to Pezock's as the powers they had been granted conspired to make her an easy target. Aedalis focused on the hex as well as trying to alter Nim's fate, the two simultaneous tasks weaving easily together in his minds eye.


She takes several hits from Corbrius and Nim but makes it to the Trap Door you now notice in the floor...

Tragershen moves and blasts her with the Burning Hands.
Reflex Save 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15 Passed

She dodges part of it but it obviously badly injured.

Wic then the rest to go in round 22.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Not home until tomorrow night.

No fortune roll for that save?


Fortune (Su): The witch can grant a creature within 30
feet a bit of good luck for 1 round. The target can call
upon this good luck once per round, allowing him to
reroll any ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill
check, taking the better result. He must decide to use
this ability before the first roll is made. At 8th level and
16th level, the duration of this hex is extended by 1 round.
Once a creature has benefited from the fortune hex, it
cannot benefit from it again for 24 hours.

You used it on your attack so you couldn't use it again for her spell...although I am thinking on the timing you might have had it refreshed by Aedalis on his turn, but before the witch went. I will allow another save.
[ooc] Willpower Save bless guidance 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 20 Passed

Nim get's an AOO then Nim and Wic to go. Fortune has already been used for the turn and Nim is shaken for the turn.


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

Just realised DM already had Aedalis use Evil Eye to provide -2AC. Even though she made the save, that's still going as he has been using Focus every turn. Amend my stated action above to give her -2 to saves instead. FYI, you can have multiple evil eyes as long as they aren't the same penalty. By my reckoning, she is down 4AC (Pezock hex, Aedalis hex) and will be -2 on saves if shes visible on Aedalis' action.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

This is what I have cobbled together from the posts above... :)

RETCON Round 20

Nim again feels the influence of Aedalis as he plucks the strings of fate and bolsters his abilities (fortune extended and guidance cast) moments before the witch tries to instil fear into his mind. saves rolls made by DM using guidance and fortune). Although slightly rattled by the witch's magic (shaken for 1 round), Nim uses Tilsini's distraction attack to launch his own...

standard action attack w/scimitar +1 (two-handed) +enlarge +bless -shaken +aid: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 18
damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

...slashing the old women ??? and adding to her wounds.

Note: My original intention was to grapple her (if I had been here to act myself) but that would really mess with the timeline... and Wic continues to lay dying at this point.

Wic's stabilization roll:
1d20 + 2 - 9 ⇒ (9) + 2 - 9 = 2

Current status and effects:
Wicewakan: AC 0 HP -10 of 23 (prone and unconscious/dying)
Nim: AC 14 HP 11 of 21
Bless - expires round 30
Enlarge Person - expires round ??
Longstrider - expires in 2 hours
Fortune - active (used)
Guidance - used
Shaken - expires round 21

RETCON Round 21

Once again Aedalis influences Nim's fate (fortune extended) as Mihai's positive powers wash over Nim and Wic. (+6 HP to both, Wic stabilizes at -4) Nim then feels the the fear leave his mind (shaken ends) just as the witch casts a spell at Mihai while attempting to move to the hidden hatch. (drawing AoO from Nim only as Wic is still in the negatives)

AoO w/scimitar +1 (two-handed) +enlarge +bless: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 15
damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Nim moves forward (move action to E/F 13/14 ?) and attempts to end the old woman once and for all, bringing his sword down with both hands from high overhead...

standard action attack w/scimitar +1 (two-handed) +enlarge +bless: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 26
fortune roll: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

confirm crit threat: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
crit damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

...cleaving down into the small figure with tremendous power!

That is a possible total of 49 damage if all 3 attacks hit. :O

Current status and effects:
Wicewakan: AC 0 HP -4 of 23 (prone, unconscious but stable)
Nim: AC 14 HP 17 of 21
Bless - expires round 30
Enlarge Person - expires round ??
Longstrider - expires in 2 hours
Fortune - active (used)
Shaken - expired

Just for the sake of completeness here is a save from Nim, in case in the altered timeline, the witch would have targeted Nim instead of Mihai with her Hold Person spell. Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Also, I noticed that it appeared that Corb cast Daze (misspelt as Dace) in round 21 but it was never addressed. (In case it matters) :P

I spent the better part of an hour checking the thread and writing this post.... hopefully it all checks out. ;)

1,701 to 1,750 of 3,325 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Stephens Serpents Skull Campaign PBP Chapter 1: Smugglers Shiv All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.