Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Stephens Serpents Skull Campaign - Chp1:The Smugglers Shiv (Inactive)

Game Master terok

With the defeat of the dark Dryad and surviving many of the islands others challenges, the party is well on their way to becoming the Shiv's masters...only Ieana stands in their way...


1,451 to 1,500 of 3,325 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

I can take you to the wood witch's domain. It is odd, I don't think she ever leaves the hill she lives on. The rumor is that many have entered her domain and have not left. I have never seen her though or know any of this for sure.

The grey island. I have been to the edge of this island, where during low tide you can cross to it. It doesn't look natural...their is something wrong with that isle but I don't know what it is. I was afraid to cross to find out what it is.

Do you wish to go and meet the wood witch? I can get you there by nightfall if you wish, but I will not enter.?


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Anton pauses in his eating, closing his mouth and putting his spoon back in his bowl. "Could we take you up on that offer again, later this week?" He looks around at the others, apologetically. "I know that we're close to our goal, but I think that we should arm the others with the knowledge that we have gained: the paths, the traps, Pezcock's friendliness, and so on. Just in case they need to know." Just in case we don't come back from where others haven't. He makes a crooked grin. "Besides.. I kind of miss.. home. Such as it is."

Anton looks away thoughtfully, tapping his chin three times. He looks at Nim. "Do you suppose that we could get some exploring done on either the way back there, or the way back here? After everything, that's still a goal of mine."


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Mihai hunkers down against a wall of the residence and listens. Anton's words were valid and true... but Mihai wondered how long the Red Mountain Devil would wait before taking action against them for their delays...

"I am ready to follow whichever direction we walk... but first I think a meal will return my spirits" taking a bowl of stew and perhaps a reading.

After eating, Mihai will silently lay the cards before him - taking an augury of whether the decision to return to the camp before making for the witch would bode ill for them...
Perform (Harrow): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Augury: 1d100 ⇒ 20 Using Extraordinary Reading ability: Success.
I know that after re-checking on the spell I'm not going to get any really meaningful answer (as augury only tracks out about 30 minutes into the future) - but it is still an appropriate action for Mihai to take.


Tragershen accepts some of the stew, but hardly touches it. He has a hard time meeting the tengu's gaze."We have been fortunate to have been stranded with such worthy guides. I will continue to trust in them." Having said that, he absently scoops at his food, only periodically taking a bite.


The stew is fresh, the crab itself is tough due to its size. At least boiling it has taken the edge off the toughness.

The augury reveals no immediate positive or negative consequence...letting you know that there is nothing of immediate importance in the near future.

Of course, the offer, gilllkkk, is still open...if I still live then. Life is precious on the Shiv, enjoy what you have of it.


Aedalis:

You see Tilsini playing with the crow over in the corner...you realize that you might be able to learn more from this creature than just information. Maybe if someone could pursuade him to help or accompany you???


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

I see no need to delay. We are close to the "witch"... and the devil is likely aware that we are. Delay could cost us or those back at camp. If the others wish to know what we have learned, they should accompany us on our excursions. I do not feel the need to report back to them like some messenger...

Nim looks at the Tengu. You should be extra careful from here on out... the mountain devil seems to be stalking us. You will very likely have drawn his attention now. Are you sure you do not wish to accompany us for a while at least?

Regardless of his answer, Nim thanks the Tengu for his hospitality and readies himself to move on...


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

Pezock- you would be safer with our party and we would gladly take you up on your offer to take us to see the witch once we've had the chance to return your hospitality.


Before they leave, Tragershen, with a puzzled look on his face, tells the tengu "I am not certain I could have survived as long as you have here, without the aid of my comrades." After a few moments more digesting that realization, Tragershen adds "We are still working on a way to leave this island when we are ready. Should we find a means that we can share with you, are you interested in departing? If we are able to check back with you before leaving, is this the best place to seek you out?"


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

The indecision of the cards makes Mihai nervous and he regards the lay for a good few minutes before recalcitrantly gathering up the cards to place back in their holder. Afterwards he is somewhat distracted as the tengu is courted to accompany them.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Anton scowls at the thought of the chupacabra snatching up Aerys and eating her slowly, as Ort so colorfully described. "Nim may be right." He looks off into the distance in the direction of "home" and sighs. "We won't know for sure how to deal with the Red Mountain Devil until we meet the wood witch, so best to get that done before we see it again." Offline until late this evening (PDT).


So it's off to see this wood witch then...
Pezcock packs up some dried food and then quickly heads out. You go back to the trail and start heading the south route. Pezcock leads you off the trail several times remarking that staying would only delay you.

After a break for lunch you move off the trail and move back into the jungle. Pezcock drives you hard and after another 4 hours of travel including a river crossing you come to a large hill. You move up the hill and Pezcock stops you.

At the top of the hill is a large clearing where the Wood Witch lives if you wish to prepare your, krrriiiik, selves?


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Mihai wipes the sweat from his brow sighing and looking up the hill with foreboding. He awaits the guidance of their pathbreakers and walks in their shadow.

Nothing to prep on Mihai's side.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Nim gazes up at the hill before sheathing his sword. He mutters a few words and gestures, casting a spell upon himself, before redrawing his sword and declaring, I am ready.

Spellcraft DC 16:
Longstrider

Sovereign Court

Male

Aedalis put a protective spell around himself and nodded that he was also ready.

Mage Armor


Tragershen will cast mage armor as well.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Anton looks around at the others, most casting spells, and feels a brief twinge of regret at being so thoroughly mundane. I'm great at what I do. We can't have everything. "Normally I would suggest that I scout ahead, but with a being so powerful and mysterious, I'd rather we all went up together. But not with swords bared. We're willing to talk, so let's communicate that by going up with weapons sheathed -- just as our wearing them communicates our willingness to fight."

I guess now would be a good time to ask if I can treat the Medium +1 dagger like a Small +1 short sword in Anton's hands, as Aedalis suggested. I had other things on my mind at the time...


You make the last part of the hike up the hill. At the top of the hill is a small clearing giving you an exceptional view of the surrounding island.
Yet at the top at its center is a huge Banyon tree. It is a magnificant excample, thick and vibrant. The most unusual thing about it is the red tinge to it, marking it as an unusual speciman.

Sitting in front of the tree is a reed matt. Laying across it is an assortment of fresh fruits and vegetables. Standing in front of the matt is a beatiful women.

Welcome travelors. You must be tired. My name is Aycenia, I am the guardian of this island. Please sit and eat, we must speak on many things.

Aycenia is a beautiful humaniod female. You don't think she is human though.

Knowledge Nature DC 16:

With the tree in the background and the look at the creature, you suspect the creature could be a Dryad. A fey connected to the tree with varied magical powers. They are typically not evil or good, serving their own desires and needs.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Nim sheathes his sword before greeting her with a traditional druidic gesture. He then addresses her in Sylvan. Greetings Aycenia. I am called Nim. This is my companion Wicewakan and my fellow travelers... Nim points to each in turn. Anton... Aedalis... Corbius... Mihai... and Tragershen. We welcome your hospitality and a chance to speak.

Nim then turns his full attention to the Banyon tree. What a magnificent specimen! I have never seen one with this coloring before. You are truly a capable care taker... this tree is truly blessed to have you paired with it... Nim takes a step closer, before adding, May I examine it closer? The admiration in Nim's voice is obvious and genuine....


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

Wood witch indeed... Aedalis muttered, shaking his head.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Full post to follow later...


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 Knowledge (Nature)


In Sylvan, a little irritation in her voice, No, you may not.
Her voice changes back to her more friendly tone, she continues in common,
I am sorry,the tree is my partner and I am protective of it. Please sit and we can share some of what the island has to offer and speak of how we can help each other.
Why have you come to me now? I expected I would have to summon you to me at some point, but I wanted to see how you fared against the other humans on the island first. It seems you have survived their first assault.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Nim is a little taken aback by the Dryad's rebuke. I assure you that I am well aware of the special bond that you share with this mighty tree... and doubly assure you that I would never intentionally bring harm to, or allow harm to befall, such a fine tree such as this! Or yourself! I merely wished to touch it and commune with its essence for the briefest of moments... but I will respect your wishes in the matter. Nim takes a step back and strokes Wicewakan's head as he listens to the rest of what she has to say.

After she has finished, Nim remarks in common, It would seem that most of the inhabitants of this island see us as pawns in some game. To be summoned, pitched to do some bidding or another, and or otherwise maneuvered for their own ends... That is how we came to be aware of your presence. The mountain devil entreated us to kill you... but we are not assassins. We merely seek to survive here and, given the opportunity, some wish to leave as soon as possible.

As for the cannibals? We did more than survive... they found no easy meal when they moved against us. Nor shall they in the future...


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

As Nim introduces them in an unfamiliar tongue, Anton looks around their little group. Nim speaks her language.. Aedalis addressed Pezcock as "Tengu".. and of course Tragershen would know. He shuffles discreetly closer to Corbius and Mihai and whispers. "I think she's a dryad. A fae linked to a tree."

Never one to turn down food, Anton sits down at the mat and selects an orange, generally preferring his vegetables cooked with meat. "Thank you for your hospitality, Aycenia."

The small, well-armed ranger nods at Nim's answer. "Indeed, I'd rather be the hunter. But what do you mean when you say that you're the Shiv's guardian? We've heard that you don't seem to leave this hill."


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

The realm of the fae and nature not being his domain, Mihai leaves the bulk of the questioning to the others. Instead he focuses on listening and attempting to read the creature...

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28 Using Empyreal Focus for +2. Looking to confirm if Mihai thinks her words are plain, or there are hidden meanings unspoken

...taking a seat when he is bidden, but initially disdaining the consumption of food or drink.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Tragershen declines the food, but takes a seat. As he lowers, he says "What Nim says is true, and it is possible the devil is stalking us even now."

After he comfortable, he will add"We are becoming well versed on the human tribe here on the island and will likely deal with them shortly, out of priciple if not self defense alone. But can you tell us why the red mountain devil wishes to see you dead? What sort of threat do you pose to it, or is it just a matter of priciple as well?" And can you tell us of any other factions that may see us as pawns that you can enlighten us about?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

@ Nim, I expected more from someone who is so attuned to nature. I merely wanted to make sure you were strong enough to survive before giving some information that you would want to know. Information that you would want to act on.

@ Anton, I was born here. The island brought me forth to protect it. I feel it's pain, it's life. We are connected in a way beyond standing on it.

@ Tragershen, The Chupacabra means nothing. It is a creature that is a pawn of it's own nature. The next time you encounter it you should set a trap for it and slay it. Throw a net over it then finish it and it will not bother you anymore. Let's just say it hates anything more powerful than it.
Your last question is an interesting one. There is one other that arrived the same day you did. I assume that this creature would also seek to use you in some way.

Mihai only:

You watch the creature as it speaks and interacts.
The first thing you pick up is that it almost did something to Nim when he took a step towards the tree, whatever it was thinking about doing was not going to be nice.
The other thing is her body language when she talks about the Chupacabra. You think she is lying about one or more of the things she just told you about it but you there is an undertone of hatred of it in her words.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Nim shoots back, his voice full of obvious disappointment, And I would say the same of you Dryad. I approached in peace, respect and understanding and am treated no better than a common woodsman eyeing up his next victim. We then announce our resistance to being manipulated and you immediately speak of watching us to determine us worthy of more of the same?

If you wish our assistance, perhaps you should treat us with a modicum of respect as opposed to the thinly veiled contempt you have shown... Who is to say what we would wish to act on? We are not your subjects. The very fact you require our involvement is proof in my eyes that our standing is higher than you wish to admit.


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

Aedalis' mouth opened at various moments as if to speak, but eventually the man fell silent, a little incredulous at the sudden shift in attitudes. He held his silence, not wanting to make the situation worse.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Anton puts down his orange, stands, and spins to face Nim, looking up with his fists on his hips. "Now see here! I can't understand half of what you're saying to each other, but I've heard enough. Nim, you approached with sword drawn, against my suggestion... and why? Because we came to judge her before deciding how to deal with her. Just as she would do with us. Your bare steel was rude to her; your introducing me in a language that I don't know was rude to me; and where you see 'thinly veiled contempt', I see a gracious hostess."

"Maybe if you'd conducted more of your dialogue in Common, I might be more sympathetic -- but that was your choice, not mine. I think that you owe at least one of us an apology, mister!" The indignant halfling draws himself to his full 3'1", and scowls at the muscular druid who is more than double his height and over six times his mass.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Nim stares down at Anton. What was previously disappointment and irritation threatens to boil over into indignation. As Nim struggles to contain his rising anger he speaks with a wolfish grin through gritted teeth. Do not lecture me like some wayward child. I believe I have earned the right to conduct myself in the manner of my choosing. To speak any language I choose. To carry my weapons in any manner I choose. And do not suppose to speak for me. I did not come here to "judge" anyone, let alone her based upon the word of some cowardly night devil.

I cannot believe that I must explain that which I find to be obvious, but, I ALWAYS carry my weapons at the ready. This island is a dangerous place. We have been caught unawares more than a few times. Some of these occasions have resulted in grievous injury or death to our companions. We had no idea what we would actually encounter upon this hill. Quite frankly I find it absurd that anyone would conduct themselves in the manner you suggested given this. I find it ludicrous that merely brandished steel would constitute rudeness given the situation. I think it appropriate if you determine what you think is best for yourself, and I shall do the same.

As for my speaking the language of nature? I did so as a sign of respect. Something apparently lost upon you and wasted upon her. If greeting, introducing and making a personal request of no concern to you, in a creatures native language, offends you , then I suggest the issue lies with you.

Nim leans over to bring him face to face with Anton. If you still feel that I owe you, or her, an apology... Prepare to be disappointed.

Nim then straightens back up before adding, It is obvious my continued participation here is unwelcome. Conduct whatever discussions you wish without me. I shall await you over yonder.

Nim then retreats a short distance away and sits in the grass with Wicewakan at his side.


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Mihai keeps his neutral expression and allows the fissures newly rent to expunge their pressure and close again before he speaks the thought upon his mind.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Anton's face flushes darker as Nim continues, and he clenches his jaw to keep his tongue inside it until the druid is done. He purses his lips in exasperation at Nim's back; then sits back down, leaving the orange where he set it, appetite lost (for once). He turns to Aycenia.

"Do not mistake our difference for weakness. Opinionated, stubborn, not exactly a diplomat -- and the same could be said of Nim. It wasn't our first argument and it won't be our last, but that's because we're like brothers. If we don't hash it out later tonight, then I'll have forgotten about it by morning. But I can only have one conversation at a time. Where were we?"


Waiting for anyone else to chime in before her reaction...

Mihai only:

Again, you sensed that Nim's words almost send the Dryad over the edge. For a moment you thought she would strike out at him in some way.
She seems to have collected herself though with the interruption from Anton.


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Mihai won't chime in until he's sure things are calming somewhat... his question might be viewed as a little less delicate by the creature - so he'd want to be sure of the moment before asking.
Which is to say, he'll wait for her reaction afore speaking.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Corbius has been quietly watching the exchange between Nim, Anton and the wood witch. At first resting casually off to one side. However, as the tension begins to brew between the three of them Corbius casually moves forward ready to intercede if things were to get out of hand.

Corbius watches Nims final outburst with trepidation his hand tightening slightly at his side. Then as Nim moves off to sit by himself Corbius visibly relaxes realizing that at least he would not have to try and intercede between the two companions.

Turning to look at the witch Corbius Where we were at Anton, was the point where our new found friend was going to share this important information. Information that we are clearly strong enough to have earned because we have made it here. I tire of being played by sides unknown to me. Willing to sacrifice myself and others as if our lives have no value. She must do something to gain my trust otherwise she is no better then the night devil in my eyes. Another creature willing to sacrifice us for their amusement and schemes. The tone in Corbius voice when he says friend clearly indicates that he views that as unlikely.


Aycenia seems to take a moment to gather herself before proceeding, Let us put this arguement past us and proceed.
I know much about the island and it's inhabitants, much that is unknown and unseen by you. I am willing to share with you all that I know and more, I can offer you a safe haven near here, free from wandering creatures and disease, but I need a favor from you first.
There is a disease upon this island. A place where unnatural things are growing. This started many years ago...but whatever it is I can not sense or feel what it is. It fester's and slowly puts it's blight farther. You may have seen it, it is the small island north of here in the bay, you will not have been able to miss it.
There must be something on that island allowing the blight to grow. Right now it is trapped due to the tides, but I fear it might eventually cross to the main part of the island.
If you cross the walkway and go to the island and remove the thing causing the blight you will have my help and my alliance. Feel free to discuss amonst yourselves in private and come back to me with you answer. You can camp further down the hill in safety.

Mihai only:

Give me one more Sense Motive for this last interaction.


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


DM Only:

bluff 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Mihai Only:

By now you have a pretty good read on her or maybe her conversation with Nim shook her a little but you can tell some of what she is saying is true and some of it is lies.
You do pick up on the fact that she fears the blight she is mentioning more than she is letting on...she appears almost desperate.


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Mihai finally opens his mouth and puts words to his lips as the dryad finishes her request "Aycenia, I have heard your words and will think upon them... but I must ask you one question. You would put our feet to a path and have us walk upon it with only your words to guide us. I am not averse to your request... but if we are to see this done, I must know" voice going from a genial neutrality and taking on a harder edge "Why do you lie to us?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

She looks flustered at your accusation...and angry, You have been told what you need to know!
She seems to gather herself for a moment, If you don't wish to learn the secrets of the island then don't do as I ask. That is of course your choice.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Mihai slowly stands, not allowing himself to be cowed by the creature "Perhaps... but perhaps we could also watch as the blight surges forth to cover the island and swallow both you and your tree with it." giving a short bow "Milady" and backing away without turning from the dryad.


Think it over then and let me know what you decide...

Mihai:

You do detect a hint of fear in her voice when she says this...you are thinking there may be some false bravado there.


Tragershen watches the exchange between Mihai and the dryad with interest, but does not interject.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Neutral faced, Mihai continues to withdraw to a safe distance where the wind will not carry words and looks to the others with an expression that implies he would share some thoughts.

When all have gathered he speaks plainly "Aycenia is desperate for us to act on her behalf... but she does not share all she knows. She sees more than an idle threat in the flying devil, and she desperately fears the blighted isle. I do not care for creatures that shroud their words in misdirection and mistruths."


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

Aedalis had little to add to the conversation but noted-

This blighted island may be just as much of a threat to us as to her; if this is to be our new home for a time.


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Mihai nods grimly "Aye, but if we choose to do so... I would do it for our sake rather than hers" looking to Nim and Anton specifically to hear their views...


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Anton raises his eyebrows when Corbius takes up the mantle of Nim's puzzlingly confrontational stance; gazes at Aycenia with brow slightly furrowed in concentration and concern as she describes the threat from the grey isle that they observed a few weeks ago; and then raises his eyebrows in surprise as Mihai, of all people, flat-out accuses her of lying. He follows the others to where they can converse in private -- is that even possible on her hill? -- and answers Mihai's implied question with a shrug.

"I've been wanting to explore that island since I saw it. If I can get a 'safe haven' for doing what I'd like to do anyway, then great. And I never believed for a second that it would be so easy to kill the chupacabra -- but at least now I know enough to be confident that it's the right choice. Nim, I apologize for presuming to speak for you; I just assumed that you thought the same as me, and I *did* come here to take her measure, to judge her danger as a threat or usefulness as an ally."

"It's an easy conclusion. Between Aycenia and the Red Mountain Devil, I'd much rather live with a pretty fae who doesn't leave her hill than a man-eater who can fly down and pluck me away in my sleep. And I would like to deal with it as soon as possible. I would suggest heading straight back to the camp tomorrow -- so that it can't safely punish us by proxy by taking one of our less-adventurous friends -- and then set an ambush."

"But we can discuss tactics later. The immediate question is whether we will go to that island and stop the blight."


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

I am for it, regardless of the Fey's deceit Aedalis said quietly. We are an unknown quantity to her, a group of quite some measure and power- and strangers to her home. I would not expect a Fey to be honest until that honesty had been earnt in their eyes.

1,451 to 1,500 of 3,325 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Stephens Serpents Skull Campaign PBP Chapter 1: Smugglers Shiv All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.