Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Sothal's Kingmaker PBP

Game Master Franz Lunzer


2,201 to 2,250 of 2,500 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>

F Gnome Alchamist 2

Init

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Male Elf Ftr (Archer) 1 / Wiz (Illusion) 1

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Surprise round:
Let warhorse move away while he casts mage armour on himself (and if possible drawing his bow)


Gamemaster

Initiative Boar:1d20 ⇒ 18
Surprise round:
-18: Boar
-17: Tyr
-14: Nero
Round 1:
-18: Whiskeyjack, Boar
-17: Tyr
-14: Nero
-10: Majet
Big Ern, Agerron still have time to roll.

Before any of the group can react to the sight of the wild sow, it starts out of its hiding place, attacking the nearest rider and his horse, Nero in this case, biting at the poor steeds feet:
gore: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Bitten hard, the horse tries to run from the boar, even though it's got a pretty bad wound on it's leg.
Nero: make a ride-check to stay mounted (DC 15) please.


Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

"All right, IT'S BACON TIME!!" Big Ern hollers.


Big Ern jumps off of his traitorous horse and draws his axe.


How far away is the pig from Whiskeyjack? Am I still on the back of Tyr's horse?


Male Elf Ftr (Archer) 1 / Wiz (Illusion) 1

My horse is a heavy warhorse
ride: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Gamemaster

Nero: right, my bad. Your horse didn't get bit.
Whiskeyjack: you are about 25ft. from the boar.
Surprise round:
-18: Boar - went
-17: Tyr - (mounted, 10ft. south of boar)
-14: Nero - move with horse, cast mage armor
Round 1:
-21: Big Ern - unmount, draw weapon, (20ft. east of boar)
-18: Whiskeyjack - (mounted, 25ft. west of boar)
-18: Boar
-17: Tyr
-14: Nero
-10: Majet - (mounted, 30ft. west of boar)
Agerron (mounted, 30ft. east of boar) still has time to roll.


Bugger...there goes my critical. :(

Round 2

Tyr dismounts and loops the reigns around something to stop the horse moving off.

Then we draw sword and make bacon.


Gamemaster

While Tyr dismounts and secures his horse, Nero guides his warhorse with his knees, while starting to cast mage armor. The movement away from the boar agitates the beast even more, and it again tries to bite the steed:
gore 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
A second time it closes it's jaws only around empty air, not wounding the horse.

In the meantime Big Ern dismounts and draws his weapon, but he's some feet away from the wild sow.

Agerron Ini: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Round 1:
-18: Whiskeyjack - (mounted, 25ft. west of boar)
-18: Boar
-17: Tyr - (standing 10ft. south of boar)
-14: Nero - (mounted, 15ft. southwest of boar)
-10: Majet - (mounted, 30ft. west of boar)
-04: Agerron - (mounted, 30ft. east of boar)
Round 2:
-21: Big Ern - (standing 15ft. east of boar)


Warpriest 2 | AC 18 T 10 F 18| HP 19/19 | F +5 R +0 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +7
status:
spells remaining: 1st(3/3) | blessings remaining (4/4)

Whiskeyjack slides off his mount and grabs up his warhammer. " 'Ere now, pig. we ain't be wantin' no problems. Git on wit' yerself, and ye'll not be feeling th' sting o' me hammer!"


Male Elf Ftr (Archer) 1 / Wiz (Illusion) 1

Will fire at boar with his longbow

Shot with point blank: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Gamemaster

The dwarf dismounts as well, grabing his warhammer while doing so. He even tries to talk sense into the raging animal, but to no avail.

Having no horse close by to bite again, the boar turns to the next agitator available: Tyr. The human just finished securing his horse, when the wild sow runs up to him:
gore 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Tyr has luck, to some extent... the sow bites down on his ankle, but not having the tusks a male boar possesses it doesn't penetrate his boots, thus not drawing blood or really harm him.

As if one boar wasn't a serious danger, two more come out of the burrow.
They are a bit smaller, so likely they are the piglets of the sow, though they are close to leaving the mother soon, it seems.
Behind them, one more snout of a boar looks out from the burrow, but doesn't come out.
The two smaller boars move out to help their mother, running up towards Tyr to try biting him as well:
gore young boar 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
gore young boar 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Both of them are more successful as their mother (with Tyr being distracted and all), their young and small tusks digging through, and drawing blood.

Round 1:
-17: Tyr - (standing in melee with 3 boars) 11/21hp
-14: Nero - (mounted, 10ft. west of boar) shoot longbow atk 19, dmg 5
-10: Majet - (mounted, 30ft. west of boar)
-04: Agerron - (mounted, 35ft. east of boar)
Round 2:
-21: Big Ern - (standing 20ft. east of boar)
-18: Whiskeyjack - (mounted, 20ft. west of boar)
-18: 3 Boars


Round ?

Tyr stoically remains silent and swings at the largest foe,

Att Roll:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Dam Roll:2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Majet dismounts getting ready to attack.


Big Ern flies into a frothing, howling fury and charges the deadly sow.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 161d12 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23, +2 to attack if it's possible to charge


Gamemaster

Drawing his greatsword, Tyr uses the momentum to swing it at the mother sow, hitting her easily, cutting through the thick hide, opening a big wound on her side.

Nero lets loose an arrow at the older sow as well, hitting her despite the other boars and Tyr being up close.

Both wounds affect the wild sow, and she appears badly hurt, but not close to death yet.

Majet and Agerron dismount as well, the gnome making herself ready to attack, the human grabbing hold of Big Ern's horses' reins, before it can bolt.

Round 2 start

Big Ern flies into a frothing, howling fury and charges the deadly sow, splitting her into two parts with a mighty blow of his greataxe.

Round 2:
-18: Whiskeyjack - (standing 20-25ft. west of boars)
-18: 2 young Boars
-17: Tyr - (standing in melee with 2 boars) 11/21hp
-14: Nero - (mounted, 15-20ft. west of boars)
-10: Majet - (standing 30-35ft. west of boars)
-04: Agerron - (standing 25-30ft. east of boar)
Round 3:
-21: Big Ern - (standing in melee range of 1 boar, the other is 10ft. away)


Round 3

Att Roll:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Dam Roll:2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 = 13

*Sigh* Dice roller being normal to me again, I see.... (-_-)


Male Elf Ftr (Archer) 1 / Wiz (Illusion) 1

Round 3

"Close your eyes!"

Nero will cast Color spray (DC 15) then allow his horse to move 10ft afterwards so he doesn't need a concentration roll.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/colorSpray.html


Warpriest 2 | AC 18 T 10 F 18| HP 19/19 | F +5 R +0 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +7
status:
spells remaining: 1st(3/3) | blessings remaining (4/4)

Whiskeyjack grabbed his hammer and lifted his shield in the air. It glowed with light as he walked towards Tyr and suffused the air around him with divine power.

Round 3:

Move to about 10 feet away from Tyr and cast Bless. +1's to all friendly folk...even the elf, I suppose.


Gamemaster

Whiskeyjack grabs his hammer and lifts his shield in the air. It glows with light as he walks towards Tyr and suffuses the air around him with divine power.

The two younger boars don't seem to notice the death of their mother, still trying to bite Tyr in the calf:
gore young boar 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
gore young boar 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Both boars pinch the young man, without really being able to hurt him due to his armor.
The third snout that you saw looking out of the burrow retracts back in.

Tyr swings his sword around, but the pinches of the boars guide his swing in a wrong direction, making him miss both of the small wild boars.

Nero warns his companions of the spell he's about to cast, right before a rainbow of colors emit from his hand towars the boars.
Will save young boar 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 duration 2d4 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4
Will save young boar 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 duration 2d4 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

Both boars fall to the ground, unconscious.

Round 2:
-10: Majet - (standing 30-35ft. west of boars)
-04: Agerron - (standing 25-30ft. east of boar)
Round 3:
-21: Big Ern - (standing in melee range of 1 boar, the other is 10ft. away)
-18: Whiskeyjack - (standing 10-15ft. west of boars)
-18: 2 young Boars (unconscious for 3 / 4 rounds)
-17: Tyr - (standing in melee with 2 boars) 11/21hp
-14: Nero - (mounted, 25-30ft. west of boars)


Big Ern (still raging) will do a coup de grace on one of the boars.

3d12 + 30 ⇒ (4, 12, 6) + 30 = 52


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Majet puts her bomb away as the others go about dealing with the boars.


Assuming we're going into Round 3?

Tyr also lifts and drops his sword, finishing the threatening boars around him.

2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 5) + 4 = 12

He steps back and away from Ern as the large fellow rails and bellows. Tyr lifts his sword into a 'guard' position...just to be careful of Ern's actions.

"So? Have we finished here?" He calls to the rest of the group, even as he carefully looks about to see the state of things.

Perception:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

Assuming you missed my note in the discussion about being in Italy this week? ;-)

Agerron heads to the burrow, his sword drawn, and readies an action to attack if the other "snout" comes out.


Gamemaster

I actually thought that you wouldn't have been gone by the time the fight started, so yeah... Not that it would have changed much here.

You quickly dispatch of the young boars that lie on the ground helplessly, cutting throats with your sharp blades.

The third young boar doesn't seem all too keen on going out of it's hiding place though. Waiting about a minute in front of the opening, Agerron has nothing to attack.

It's about an hour after noon. Ride back around the hedge and then on west towards the supposed location of the temple?


Male Elf Ftr (Archer) 1 / Wiz (Illusion) 1

sure after making sure my mount is okay


aye


Big Ern will try to salvage some of the meat before moving on. (take 10 with Survival, if needed)


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

Agerron will assist, with the comment, "I think everyone ought to try and take some; this is good food out here."

surival 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Elf Ftr (Archer) 1 / Wiz (Illusion) 1

survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Still keeping an eye upon the space where the boars emerged from Tyr first methodically cleans his sword then helps with the food preparation.

Survival:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Warpriest 2 | AC 18 T 10 F 18| HP 19/19 | F +5 R +0 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +7
status:
spells remaining: 1st(3/3) | blessings remaining (4/4)

Whiskeyjack mutters to himself about wasted spells, then takes a huge swig from his flask. He offers some pointers to the others about how to prepare meat, seeing as he watched the cooks in the Hungry Belly prepare the food all the time, trying to sneak a bite or two before they got truly burnt.


Gamemaster

You salvage a good amount of meat from the mother boar and the two young ones. 2 days worth of raw boar pork per person

Nero checks his warhorse, but besides a bruise it's perfectly okay.
Tyr is the only one who's wounded, having bleeding bite-marks from the tusks of the boars on his ankles. hp 11/21

Having taken time to secure the meat, you ride back and around the hedge to get out of the dead end.

The next few hours pass by without much interesting of note. The wind picks up a bit, blowing cold from the north, rustling the branches of trees and bushes.
Late in the afternoon the anticipation rises, you should now be close to the supposed location of the temple, if nothing has lead you astray.
Survival rolls again, please


Big Ern just barely resists the temptation to forget the original mission and have a wild boar cookout.

Survival 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Warpriest 2 | AC 18 T 10 F 18| HP 19/19 | F +5 R +0 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +7
status:
spells remaining: 1st(3/3) | blessings remaining (4/4)

"Oi, Tyr! C'mere." Whiskeyjack noticed (finally) that Tyr was limping heavily on his ravaged leg. Hoping over to take a look, Whiskeyjack whistled through his teeth. "Pig got ye good, didn' he? Mebbe I be havin' somethin' that kin help."

He pulled a thin wand from his pack and touched it to the bleeding wounds, jabbing it a little harder than you might think was necessary. The flesh knit together and the bleeding slowed. Another prod of the wand and the wound sealed itself completely.

Wand charges:

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

23 charges left.

Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Tyr washes and binds his wounds. At Jack's call he just looks up from his bandaging and nods. He does not 'limp' at all as he walks calmly over to the Dwarf.

Heal Check:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Survival:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

"Thanks." Tyr replies simply, adding a nod as he does so.

Back to full health, indeed thanks.


Gamemaster

Going by the sun's position, the time of day, the weather-side of trees and all other indications of direction you can find, you are pretty sure to be where you wanted to be.

Now all you have to do is find the temple, if the directions you have are to be believed.

Right now you are riding in the forrest, trees everywhere, some bushes and hedges around. Ahead, and a bit north of your current direction of riding is a clearing, that would make a good spot to camp in, now that the night draws near. (Some of you sure think that you've been in the saddle long enough for the day.)


Male Elf Ftr (Archer) 1 / Wiz (Illusion) 1

survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 if its still needed.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

"So if you were a shrine, where would you be? Hey, elf ... I mean, Nero. You follow ol' Deadeye; where do you guys usually make your shrines and temples? Anywhere around here look like a good spot?"


Male Elf Ftr (Archer) 1 / Wiz (Illusion) 1

"Usually a natural formation like a lake or a large cave for shrines and such but temples and such are usually central to farms so it may be somewhere that's got good farmland all around it."


Once the group is in the clearing, Tr sets about unsaddling his horse, combing it down and hobbling ti for the night. Then he moves on to setting up the main camp fire before moving on to helping set up the tents and such.

"So...we walk about and look for a cave tomorrow." He suggests.

"Who wants to do what shift rotation?" He asks.


"Yeah, I'm just about ready to hit the ol' fart sack. Remember folks -- if you see a big wad of vegetation coming close in the middle of the night...RUN THE F$$# AWAY!!"


Tyr just raises an eyebrow at Ern's comments, even as he helps prepare the fire and set things up for preparing a meal.

Survival:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

"Want we should save you some crackling for breakfast?" Tyr asks of Ern as the big man prepares to bed down for the night.


Warpriest 2 | AC 18 T 10 F 18| HP 19/19 | F +5 R +0 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +7
status:
spells remaining: 1st(3/3) | blessings remaining (4/4)

Survival 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 to aid Tyr

Whiskeyjack helped Tyr prepare the coal bed and meat for cooking, then sat back and watched the man try not to burn the pig. The warm food was welcome, and the dwarf passed his seemingly never-ending flask around the campfire.

As dusk faded in memory and dark was all about. The dwarf rolled over onto his bedroll and said "Oi, wha' a day. I be feelin' ever' inch o' tha' road. Gotta get me some shuteye."

If no one stops him, Whiskejack will be asleep in 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 minutes. Oh, don't forget the snoring.


As for snoring? That's why people might have extra blankets. Put enough of them over your head and every one will be fine. (^_~)

Seeing Jack and Ern rolling into their sleeping bags Tyr camly keeps camp and eventually prepares to go on first watch.


Big Ern will keep a watch; he learned his lesson about that already.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

"I'll take first watch again. Ern, I'll wake you after I'm done." Agerron absentmindedly munches on a few boar ribs while keeping on eye peeled.

take 10 on perception checks


Tyr indicates he doesn't mind taking middle watch. Or whatever watch seems to need an extra body.


Male Elf Ftr (Archer) 1 / Wiz (Illusion) 1

"I'll take last watch, its better for my spellcasting."

2,201 to 2,250 of 2,500 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Sothal's Kingmaker PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.