Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Sothal's Kingmaker PBP

Game Master Franz Lunzer


1,951 to 2,000 of 2,500 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

Gamemaster

I'll give Majet and Agerron a bit of time to respond as well...
Meanwhile, about 36 miles further northeast:

Tyr arrived 3 days ago at the trading post of Oleg and has been a strange guest since then. He took care of some things others wouldn't do and generally helped without asking for much in return. While Kesten Garess is mostly ignoring him (if he's not shaking his head at the things Tyr does), Jhod Kavken is very interested in the man's doings, often looking out for him from the posts wall.

On his fourth day at Oleg's, Svetlana comes over after breakfast, taking a seat across from Tyr. "So, Tyr. What's bringing you here?" she asks casually.


Tyr looks up from his meal and nods politely to Svetlana. He does not answer immediately, both finishing his mouthful and giving himself time to think.

"When I heard about the charter and thought about the idea...It appealed to me to try and, well, do something." He answers her honestly. He waits a little before continuing with his food, though eating slowly so that he might be able to quickly respond to any more of Svetlana's questions.


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Majet remains very quite and jumpy leaping out her skin almost whenever a plant so much as rustles in the wind.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2
DM Sothal wrote:

"Yeah, that was a damn tough one. I hope to never see it again, if it's not dead. Anyone know what it was, actually?" Boris asks, glad to not have lost a major portion of his income, if not his life.

Any plan what to do with the dwarven body?
You now have a surplus of 3 horses, though the hunters don't have mounts.
Also, you have most of the possessions of the lost members of your group (basically anything Queslin and Xanda would have on them in their sleep is lost).

"No clue; sorry. But I plan on seeing it again, if only to burn it to the ground."

Agerron helps Ern grab what's left of value or use from their dead companions on the spare horses. Then, he mentions, "We need to bury the dwarf. We can't take him with us; besides the fact his body'd likely attract scavengers and other hunters, I don't relish the idea of bringing something along that'll smell worse than Ern in a day or two. Boris, Piojtr, help me dig, will you? Ern, why don't you keep an eye out for anything else that wants to ambush us. And Majet, pull yourself together, will you? You're the only one of us not in rough shape.

"After we bury Bran, we set out for Oleg's, so get your gear ready. Obviously, you two are free to come with us or go your own way, Boris. Considering how banged up we are, there's safety in numbers. Usually, anyway."


Big Ern shrugs and slumps down under a tree.


Gamemaster

Tyr:

Svetlana nods knowingly and says: "Ah, yes. Well, I don't know where that ... troop is right now, they said something of exploring the Narlmarches, and they are gone for some days now. They rode out the day you came here. Who knows when they come back..."
Svetlana even seems a bit worried, thinking about it for a second.
She then turns back to Tyr, smiling: "Thank you, by the way."
Leaning a bit closer and speaking a bit quieter she adds: "Oleg doesn't say a word about you cutting down the ... corpses, and he probably would have let 'em hang there until the rope gives, but I'm glad they have been put to rest."

-------------------------------------------

Agerron 6hp, Big Ern 6hp & Majet 5hp

Majet's not in her best shape either, having some scratches from the plant attack, and she hasn't slept in the night.

Boris and Pjotr are quick to help Agerron dig a grave in the soft ground of the Narlmarches. You manage to get just deep enough when you hit the subsoil water level.
The two hunters gladly stick around and accompany you on your way north to the trading post.


Reply to Svetlana:

Tyr nods, his expression remaining neutral.

"So, these others are expanding upon their charters?" He asks, his approach to the conversation slow, methodical and thorough. Much like his approach to his workings around the outpost.


Gamemaster

Tyr

"Oh, I don't know much about that charter, but I think exploration is the main mission of it. Don't you have one as well?" Svetlana asks, curious.

------------------------------------------

Agerron, Big Ern and Majet:
Anything else for the day, other than making as many miles northeast as possible, without overpowering yourself?
Majet is close to fatigue.


Reply to Svetlana,

"Aye, gaining the charter was a definite change in my life," For a moment Tyr smiles wistfully at some memory or idea, then just as quickly resumes his sombre reserved demeanor. He looks at Svetlana,

"These...Others. Could you describe them to me?" He asks.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2
DM Sothal wrote:

Tyr

"Oh, I don't know much about that charter, but I think exploration is the main mission of it. Don't you have one as well?" Svetlana asks, curious.

------------------------------------------

Agerron, Big Ern and Majet:
Anything else for the day, other than making as many miles northeast as possible, without overpowering yourself?
Majet is close to fatigue.

Nope, nothing else. Just get the hell outta Dodge ...


Yup, just riding as much as possible.


Gamemaster

Tyr:

Svetlana gives Tyr a short description of the members of the group, as far as she knows them. She then let's the human do whatever he tasks himself that day.

--------------------------------------

Agerron, Big Ern and Majet:

Riding out for the rest of the day you manage to cover 16 miles, with some stops to eat and such things.
On the afternoon you ride past the Thorn River camp (which is still unused) and close to sunset you come to the edge of the explored map Queslin drew.
Knowing your surroundings again, you estimate one more full day of travel to Olegs.


Gamemaster

Big Ern: You were at -10 STR after the night. The disease effect for this day: 1d6 ⇒ 1 additional damage.
Please make the save rolls (and any aid-checks from others) when I call for them, so I don't have to remember what you rolled, and for which day.


Sounds like a good plan. :-)


Gamemaster

Agerron, Big Ern and Majet
Pharast 20th, about 20 miles southwest of Olegs.

Luck has it that nothing happens during the following night and you can sleep peacefully.
Even though Big Ern's disease is worsening, it's not that bad and the nights rest alleviates his suffering just as much.
-10 STR after the night.
Also, each one of you has now 8hp.

The ride northeast is easy as well, and after covering the first 12 miles you get out of the forest and have only plains left for the remainder of the day.

Big Ern: please roll your save for the 20th now.


May I recommend having Agerron roll a Heal check and having Majet make an Aid Another check?


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

you may

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

not gonna do you any good, though


1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

"I...I think I pooped my pants....you guys are gonna have to...wipe..."


Gamemaster

Boris and Pjotr look at Big Ern in disgust, but Boris does what he can to help the man overcome his sickness.
heal 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 ... though it's not really helping either.
Disease effect: 1d6 ⇒ 5 STR damage -> -15 STR

Big Ern gets weaker and weaker over the course of the day, the red spots covering his skin nearly completely now.
Come evening you finally see the old forts walls appear behind a hill and you let the horses run that last distance.

Kesten Garess and his men greet you from the walls and open the forts gate for you. Seeing you coming back without your comrades Kesten assumes the worst and asks how you lost them, once he is down from the wall and you had time to take care of the horses.
Oleg and Svetlana join you, Svetlana bringing you a meal.

Tyr can join now as well.


Tyr comes forwards to see what the commotion is about. At the viewing of the returned adventurers, and the subdued welcome they receive, he gathers that not all is well and so stay back from the proceedings.

Tending to the horses and unloading things for the troop so that they can take it easy after their trials. Upon catching sight of the big fellow wh0o's really doing the worse for wear, Try frowns and tries to have a quiet word with Oleg, or any of the returned adventurers.

"The fellow who's ill. How long have the group been around him? Is he contagious? Should there be a quarantine?" He asks, knowing how quickly infectious troubles can spread amongst enclosed spaces such as ships of camp sites from his father's recounting of such tales.

*Bows*


Big Ern flops into bed and barely moves.

Does Oleg's have a healer's kit handy? If so, Big Ern would like to buy one.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2
DM Sothal wrote:

Boris and Pjotr look at Big Ern in disgust, but Boris does what he can to help the man overcome his sickness.

heal 1d20+2 ... though it's not really helping either.
Disease effect: 1d6 STR damage -> -15 STR

Big Ern gets weaker and weaker over the course of the day, the red spots covering his skin nearly completely now.
Come evening you finally see the old forts walls appear behind a hill and you let the horses run that last distance.

Kesten Garess and his men greet you from the walls and open the forts gate for you. Seeing you coming back without your comrades Kesten assumes the worst and asks how you lost them, once he is down from the wall and you had time to take care of the horses.
Oleg and Svetlana join you, Svetlana bringing you a meal.

Tyr can join now as well.

Agerron dismounts and greets Kesten. He tells him how everyone was lost, as he heads to partake in teh first hot meal in a while (and an ale or two, as well). "Needless to say, it's been a failure. And no matter what we do, Ern seems to do nothing but get worse. So we may lose another yet."

Agerron will make attempts to help Ern as much as possible.

next heal check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 with a +2 if there's a healing kit; Agerron will also purchase one if available


Gamemaster

Oleg has 1 healers kit available for purchase, and one that he keeps for his own reserve.

Oleg/Tyr
"The group's been here for ... close to three weeks. Last we saw them, the guy's been ill as well, but it wasn't that bad. The others seem okay though, so I guess it don't spread."

Group
After seeing Big Ern's state of wear, Svetlana rushes to get father Kavken, who's already been in his bed.
The elderly man quickly dresses and takes a look at the sick explorer.
After checking him over and hearing of his symptomes and the progression of the sickness, he speaks:
"Yeth thith man hath a ditheathe. I think it'th called 'Red Ache'. It'th not contagiouth, if you don't get hith blood in a wound of yourth.
It ith not within my power to catht a remove ditheathe, but I can treat hith loth of thtrength, by cathting lether rethtoration. I can't do that today though."


Tyr nods at Oleg's assessment of Ern's malady then goes about his business at helping with whatever he can about the place.

During his travels he will nod in greeting as he passes to the group who've just come in out of the wilderness.


Gamemaster

Bump...
I'll move on to the next day in a few hours, if nothing else happens.


*Salutes*


Big Ern does nothing all day except whine piteously for more food, more blankets, help with his bodily functions, &c.


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Majet goes to rest in a proper bed doing her best to avoid Ern while she is at it.


Tyr does his best to come to Ern's aid....though the body thing has Tyr looking to the good Father for advice...

"What did the fellow touch to gather such an affliction?" He asks the Cleric, probably hoping to avoid such a possible fate himself.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2
Tyr Thordinsjon wrote:

Tyr does his best to come to Ern's aid....though the body thing has Tyr looking to the good Father for advice...

"What did the fellow touch to gather such an affliction?" He asks the Cleric, probably hoping to avoid such a possible fate himself.

Agerron comes and thanks the man who has been helping out. "I'm Agerron. What do you go by? And though I'm not complaining, what makes you so willing to help out a stranger? And they don't get much stranger than Ern."

Agerron looks Ern over a bit. "A bath. I think he needs one. Dirt and grime don't help when you got a sickness like this. Want to help me get him cleaned up? He shouldn't be much trouble, not in this state."


Gamemaster
Tyr Thordinsjon wrote:
"What did the fellow touch to gather such an affliction?" He asks the Cleric, probably hoping to avoid such a possible fate himself.

Father Kavken shrugs his shoulders, but Kesten Garess answers: "All manner of things can inflict that upon you. From the descriptons I heard they fought Mites and their beasts at the time before that one got ill.

Those things dwelling in the deep are prone to having a disease or two.
I think they were lucky only one really got sickened."
Father Kavken nods at that and prepares to go to bed again.

The bath of Big Ern is done quickly and with minimally warmed water, but it get's the man clean of sweat and whatever else clinged to his skin.

On the sunrise of Pharast 21st you see the priest of Erastil pray for his spells, and shortly thereafter he beginns his castings of lesser restoration:
lesser restoration 1d4 ⇒ 3
lesser restoration 1d4 ⇒ 3
lesser restoration 1d4 ⇒ 3
Big Ern was at -14 STR after the night, +9 from the castings -> -5 STR

Father Kavken then calls all wounded to gather around him, channeling divine energy into a wave of healing around him:
channel energy: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11
Everyone should now be pretty much healed.

Plan for the day?


Tyr rises and helps out about the place as he has done for the time of his stay so far.

As the returned adventurers gather he moves to stand near by but does not yet join in, seeming content to watch and listen for now.


No Fort save needed?

"Unnngh...much better Padre, thanks! If you think this means I'm goin' to church, pigs'll fly out o' my a#$&%&# before that happens." Big Ern looks a bit more vigorous, although red blotches still cover his body.

He strolls over to Tyr and sizes him up with an appraising glance. "I haven't seen you before, Kid. You looking to be a legendary hero like yours truly?" He slaps his enormous belly with pride.


Gamemaster

You could resist with a will save, if you really don't want the cleric treating the symptomes.
Your disease is not healed, as he's not capable of casting that high a spell.
Normal save vs. Red Ache will happen on the afternoon of the intime-day.

"I thought you wouldn't do that. Regardleth, thith wath a deed I did to your aid.
It might be the latht you get without having to pay for it."
the old man answers.


DM Sothal wrote:
Normal save vs. Red Ache will happen on the afternoon of the intime-day.

Ah, I thought it was in the morning.


Tyr remains silent for a moment, returning Ern's gaze neutrally.

"There were charters given out for people to do good things here." He replies, his gaze shifting to take in a glance indicating the land around them.

"So...I aim to make a difference." He finishes simply, offering a hand towards Ern.

"Tyr Thordinsjon." He offers the introduction and awaits a reply.


Big Ern gives Tyr his most bone-crushing handshake (sadly weakened by the effects of the Red Ache). "I'm Big Ern Krakenov. Somewhere around here are my sidekicks Stubby and Killer. We're also working on those charters. If you can swing a sword or an axe, why don't we join forces? Some of our old buddies are taking a permanent dirt nap at the moment, so there just happens to be an opening."


Opposed Str Check:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Tyr's face remains neutral and calm as he replies in kind to Ern's hand grip. He nods,

"I have sword and armor. Fighting along side yourself would be good." He replies simply.

(Though who's going to wince first? That's another question between the characters, the dice roller and fate.)


Str check: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 2 = 7

Big Ern winces and groans. "Oh...this damn Red Ache is driving me crazy! Listen, Kid -- don't ever do the nasty with a giant tick. It ain't worth it."


Tyr releases his grip and nods at Ern's wise words. He moves closer to the rest of the group and waits patiently for further conversation.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2
Agerron wrote:
Tyr Thordinsjon wrote:

Tyr does his best to come to Ern's aid....though the body thing has Tyr looking to the good Father for advice...

"What did the fellow touch to gather such an affliction?" He asks the Cleric, probably hoping to avoid such a possible fate himself.

Agerron comes and thanks the man who has been helping out. "I'm Agerron. What do you go by? And though I'm not complaining, what makes you so willing to help out a stranger? And they don't get much stranger than Ern."

Agerron looks Ern over a bit. "A bath. I think he needs one. Dirt and grime don't help when you got a sickness like this. Want to help me get him cleaned up? He shouldn't be much trouble, not in this state."

"Hmmph." Agerron seems a bit offended at Tyr's slight and refusal to answer him ... "Another like the half-elf wench, I see."


Tyr pauses and looks to Agerron,

"What wench is that?" He asks the other fellow,

Also, I know I did reply to Agerron.

I posted: "Tyr, Tyr Thordinsjon." He replies simply "A young life training to be part of a ships crew will quickly have it beaten into you to learn to pull together.".

I shall try and double check the boards to make sure any posts I make do not get lost to the either in the future. *Bows*


Gamemaster

I'll let you play that out if you want.
Still haven't heard what you plan for the day.


Is there any place that hasn't been explored that's within a day's ride?


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2
Tyr Thordinsjon wrote:

Tyr pauses and looks to Agerron,

"What wench is that?" He asks the other fellow,

Also, I know I did reply to Agerron.

I posted: "Tyr, Tyr Thordinsjon." He replies simply "A young life training to be part of a ships crew will quickly have it beaten into you to learn to pull together.".

I shall try and double check the boards to make sure any posts I make do not get lost to the either in the future. *Bows*

"Former ... companion, I guess. Never cared for her much, honestly; felt she was too good to even talk to some of us. Tried to say hello, and she only replied in elven, even though she knew our language. Had no problem talking to some of the others, though. Whatever. She didn't make it past the plant that took out some of the others."

I think we should try and wait until Ern is cured, to be honest. That's why we may want to wait a few days. And are we going to try and get another PC or two?


Tyr nods at Agerron's words, not really having anything to reply with. Thougyh he does go and see Oleg about acquiring an axe.


Gamemaster

Big Ern:
This map (link) shows the unexplored lands shadowed. So the hex directly south of Olegs is only about a quarter explored and 3 hours away.
Same for the hex southeast of Olegs (2 hours away), but that one is not covered by the charter.

Agerron:
Fine by me, if waiting for Big E's recovery is the decision.
Re: new PC's: I asked the same question and only got one "if you like" reply. Do you (all) want another player or two?

Tyr:
Oleg has a two handaxes and a battleaxe for sale.


Big Ern suggests a quick trip out and back to the south of the trading post might do him some good.

Thanks Franz! Do you suppose you could post that link on the Campaign Info tab?


Gamemaster

it's in my profile, along with many other things.


Tyr buys/barters/etc for the two hand axes and the battle axe. The goes about working out how to stow/carry all his gear with the new arraignment.

I would be happy to have another character or two. *Bows*

1,951 to 2,000 of 2,500 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Sothal's Kingmaker PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.