Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Sothal's Kingmaker PBP

Game Master Franz Lunzer


1,901 to 1,950 of 2,500 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

Gamemaster

Branomonrik steps up to the plant and swings his hammer at it, but misses widely.

The hedge let's go of the elf, dropping him. The moment Queslin is free is just the moment Majet waited for, throwing her bomb:
bomb:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
It seems though, as if the fire wouldn't affect the plant.

Vines now free, it lashes out at first Boris and then Big Ern:
Slam Boris: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28 damage 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 1) + 5 = 8
Slam Big Ern: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 damage 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 2) + 5 = 11

Boris goes down instantly, but Big Ern is a bit more resilient, so the plant goes for another grapple with the big man:
grab (grapple) 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24 damage (constrict) 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 6) + 7 = 16
Squeezing the vines around the human, thorns pricking his skin, Big Ern goes limp as well. -5/22 hp, unconscious The plant let's loose the lifeless body.

Agerron tries to hack into the plant again, but only scratches at the bark.

Pjotr sees his companion and another big body drop to the floor and is frightened enough, to quickly grab his bag and run out into the woods, away from the thing, screaming.

Round 5 remaining:
9 - Branomonrik - up close
5 - Xanda - dead
4 - Majet - hp 4/21, about 15 ft. away
4 - *Plant - badly wounded
3 - Agerron - attack 22, damage 17
Round 6:
12 - Queslin - unconscious, hp -3/25
12 - Big Ern - unconscious, hp -5/22
12 - *Pjotr - fleeing
11 - *Boris - unconscious


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

Opps did not know it was my turn yet again

Bran takes another swing at the plant.

Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Damage1d8 ⇒ 7


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Majet drwas her crossbow and takes a shot at the monster

Attack

1d20 + 6 - 8 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 8 = 9

Damage

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

Agerron continues the attack.

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 5) + 7 = 17

Tpk, anyone?


Gamemaster

Again the dwarf widely misses the plant, nearly stumbling on a root while swinging with his hammer.

Majet gets her crossbow out and aims at the trunk, but doesn't get a clear shot in as well.

The hedge 'turns' towards Branomonrik and Agerron next, wrapping the dwarf and human in its vines:
Slam 1 Branomonrik: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 damage 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 2) + 5 = 9
Slam 2 Agerron: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 damage 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 6) + 5 = 14

Again it squeezes on his second target, pressing the thorns through the armor:
grab (grapple)1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35 damage (constrict)2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 6) + 7 = 18
Once more a man falls to the strong plant.

Round 6 remaining:
9 - Branomonrik - up close, hp 5/14
4 - Majet - hp 4/21, about 15 ft. away
4 - *Plant - badly wounded
3 - Agerron - unconscious, hp -11/21
Round 6:
12 - Queslin - unconscious, hp -3/25
12 - Big Ern - unconscious, hp -5/22
11 - *Boris - unconscious


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Majet takes another shot with the crossbow

Attack

1d20 + 6 - 8 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 8 = 6

Damage

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

She then moves up in readiness to pull one of the others away next turn.


Does anyone else think it's funny that we probably could have just stood back and plinked this thing to death with arrows? :-)


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

Or fire bombs?


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

Wow ... only two left standing, and they're at 4 and 5 hp. Not to be Mr. Negative, but I've neve been part of a TPK before. At least, not on the player side.


Well...just pointing out that Tyr is available, if the DM wishes to throw a new body into the fray. *Bows*


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

We tried fire. Yeah a TPK on this end is new for me as well..death by house plant...sigh

Bran knows where he is weak, He needs to get back and heal himself and his remaining companion so withdrawls.

"Back away Lass! We canna take it close!


male High Elf Ranger 1 (AC: 16 [T:13 F:13] [HP: 12/12] Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 Perc: +5 Init: +4)

The dream of Queslonia is getting further away.


Gamemaster

Yeah, it's huge, but slow. Not really a house plant though. Nasty Shambling Mound.

Branomonrik carefully and slowly backs away from the huge hedge, keeping on the defense, while doing so.
Majet's crossbow bolt ricochets of off a branch, but doesn't harm it any further.

With no enemies up close anymore, the plant wraps it's vines around Queslin and Xanda, and drags those two while backing away in the other direction, back into the darkness of the night.

Agerron, Big Ern and Boris are left lying on the ground, bleeding from uncountable tiny wounds.
Agerron and Boris seem in equally bad health, them being closest to death.

Tyr is some miles away, but he might get company, if Dax and maybe another want to make new characters

Grand Lodge

Actually, I'll not be making a new character. I've enjoyed the game tremendously, but I'm finding less time to put into the games that I'm in. I hope everyone has a great time. Game on!


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

"Oh no you don't!" Bran yells as he channels once more, trying to get close to the fallen, but outside of the plant

Gonna channel to try and hit those on the ground but leave the planet outside of my range. Last channel I think. I'll also move a bit closer to get in charge range next round.

1d6 ⇒ 1

The dice Gods want us dead....


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Majet fires again while staying a slight distance away from it (30 ft)

Attack

1d20 + 6 - 8 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 8 = 13

Damage

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Big Ern continues his (dirt) nap.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2
Branomonrik Assia wrote:

"Oh no you don't!" Bran yells as he channels once more, trying to get close to the fallen, but outside of the plant

Gonna channel to try and hit those on the ground but leave the planet outside of my range. Last channel I think. I'll also move a bit closer to get in charge range next round.

1d6

The dice Gods want us dead....

At least that stabilizes us. FYI, if you can get me back up above 0, I have some uses of CLW as well.


Gamemaster

Channeling his god's might, Branomonrik at least closes the direst wounds of his companions.

Another of Majet's bolts doesn't bite the bark, while the hedge drags it's victims further away.


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Majet continues to persue


Still cheering for you guys. *Bows*


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

Bram casts a spell upon himself, invoking his gods favor and follows closer.

Cast Divine favor and moved after it


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

Also how close is he to the plant? If he can get in range, he is so doing something stupid.


Polite bump


Gamemaster

Bran moved to get at least 30ft. away to channel. Then the hedge moved, Bran cast divine favor and moved closer again, and the hedge moves away again... that's about 20ft distance?


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

Ok Bran is gonna stay close and cast Divin Favor on himself. The the next round he is gonna use Inspiring words upon himself "Ok Bran you can do this" kinda thing then the 3rd round he is gonna do the stupid thing and charge. That should give him an attack of +6 and +1 damage

Charge 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Gamemaster

Ok. What's Majet doing in those rounds?


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Follow the vine thing so we dont lose it.


Gamemaster

Great, you really want to kill yourself, don't you?

The dwarf strengthens himself with divine magic before charging in on the plant, axe raised high, only to find out that his aim wasn't good enough to really damage the creature.

The hedge again lets go of the corpses it was dragging along, slamming it's vines at Branomonrik:
Slam 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 damage 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 6) + 5 = 16
Slam 2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 damage 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 4) + 5 = 11

Another body drops lifeless to the forests floor.
Only Majet is still up, following the hedge deeper into the forest, away from the 'camp', where her companions lie in their own blood, dead or not far away from it.

Agerron and Big Ern (and Boris) are stable. Majet's at 4hp.
Queslin and Xanda are being dragged away to be devoured, Branomonrik is dead as well.


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Majet looks between the green bush and back the way she came. Deciding that descretion is the better part of Valor she begins to fall back to camp. Dragging Branomorik with her (Assuming the shambler lets her) Once back at camp she serches both injured and dead for anything she can use to try and rouse the others.


Gamemaster

Once the dwarf lies dead on the ground, the plant grabs the elf and half-elf again and keeps dragging them into the woods.

Searching through the belongings of the dead and injured men, Majet finds enough bandages to at least bind the wounds of the three men left alive.

Boris has three salves in his backpack, but they aren't marked in any way, but luckily Majet knows a thing or two about poisons and such things, and can identify the one salve that has a healing effect.
Treat the salve like a full healing-kit.
I haven't looked too closely, but I didn't find any potions or healing-kits listed on your character-sheets.


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Heal checks on the 3 men (Believe she gets + 2 from a healing kit)

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

"Uhhhhhh ..."


Gamemaster

I'll take those rolls as 'long term care' so two of the three men gain 2 hp per level for a full nights rest. It's 6 hours until dawn as the attack happened shortly after nightfall.

About 3 hours after Majet finds herself in the camp again, Pjotr comes back out of the woods. He sheepishly apologies for leaving you and is delighted to find his companion still alive, if barely.
He keeps being awake with Majet, tending to the wounded and keeping the fire alive.


Fort save for disease: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Gamemaster

Pharast 19th, Fireday. You are about 36miles southwest of Olegs.
Big Ern: we had your saves for the disease for this day here (link). You are now (with the recovery of the night, doubled due to the salve and all) at -10 to STR. I will roll the effect of the disease later in the (ingame-)day.

About two hours after dawn, on this cool but sunny morning, Agerron awakes from his slumber. His skin tingles from all the tiny wounds the thorns of the hedge opened. His chest aches from the pressure he experienced when the plant slung it's vines around him and squeezed tight.

Pjotr hands him a bowl with water to drink. "Be careful. Drink slow."


Posting to regain the 'Dot'. Which is strange that it seems to have disappeared.


I forgot that we were attacked in the middle of the night...


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2
DM Sothal wrote:

Pharast 19th, Fireday. You are about 36miles southwest of Olegs.

Big Ern: we had your saves for the disease for this day here (link). You are now (with the recovery of the night, doubled due to the salve and all) at -10 to STR. I will roll the effect of the disease later in the (ingame-)day.

About two hours after dawn, on this cool but sunny morning, Agerron awakes from his slumber. His skin tingles from all the tiny wounds the thorns of the hedge opened. His chest aches from the pressure he experienced when the plant slung it's vines around him and squeezed tight.

Pjotr hands him a bowl with water to drink. "Be careful. Drink slow."

Agerron groans, and then frowns. He tries to remember what happened, and then it all hits him at once. After drinking, he looks around to see who is left. When all he sees is Big Ern and Majet, his heart sinks at all those who were lost. The dwarf, the elf, the half-elf ...

He hands the water bowl back to Pjotr. "My thanks. How are the others?"


Tyr continues to work around Oleg's trading post.


Gamemaster

"They haven't been awake yet. Your big friend is left off worst.
I doubt his illness is getting better... "
Pjotr replies.
After yawning he adds: "Majet took care of you most of the night, and I did what I can to help her.
Boris is unconscious but he's not that bad off. I'm sorry I couldn't help your other friends.
That... thing
*yawn* dragged Queslin and Xanda away, maybe we could follow that trail..."
The hunter seems worn and not really behind his own idea.


Gamemaster

*bump*


*groan*


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2
DM Sothal wrote:

"They haven't been awake yet. Your big friend is left off worst.

I doubt his illness is getting better... " Pjotr replies.
After yawning he adds: "Majet took care of you most of the night, and I did what I can to help her.
Boris is unconscious but he's not that bad off. I'm sorry I couldn't help your other friends.
That... thing
*yawn* dragged Queslin and Xanda away, maybe we could follow that trail..."
The hunter seems worn and not really behind his own idea.

"Yes, we will track it down, and we will slay it ... but not today. Nor anytime soon. We are in no condition to do this. Once we are able, we must head back to Oleg's."

Once he's had some food, Agerron spends time in meditation to recover his spell energy. He then uses four clw - one on himself, one on Boris, and two on Big Ern. He saves one slot for an emergency.

1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Gamemaster

Agerron and Big Ern are now at 6hp, Boris is up as well. Time: around 9am.

Using his innate magics, Agerron helps Boris and Big Ern back up to their feet. Boris is really thankfull and offers some of his hunted hides to compensate for Agerron's deed.


Big Ern groans weakly.

"Ungh...I was having the weirdest dream. I was in the Boneyard with Pharasma. I had her bent over a table and I was bangin' the hell out of her when..." The events of last night start to come back to him.

"Leafy Joe. Beardy. Don't tell me that f$!!ing pile of leaves got 'em. Well, s@#%. Come on, I got to get back to Oleg's place before I'm so weak I can't even lift up my dick to take a leak."

He starts mixing a strength mutagen, moving like an old man.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2
Big Ern wrote:

Big Ern groans weakly.

"Ungh...I was having the weirdest dream. I was in the Boneyard with Pharasma. I had her bent over a table and I was bangin' the hell out of her when..." The events of last night start to come back to him.

"Leafy Joe. Beardy. Don't tell me that f&!!ing pile of leaves got 'em. Well, s&~%. Come on, I got to get back to Oleg's place before I'm so weak I can't even lift up my dick to take a leak."

He starts mixing a strength mutagen, moving like an old man.

"Yeah, afraid so. It also got that rude sorceress. Also seems to have gotten Majet's tongue; she's been silent for a while now.

"I agree, we need to get back to Oleg's as soon as possible. While I don't really like moving in our current state, I'm afraid if we stay the thing'll come back. We need to move."

To Boris, he says, "No, keep your hides. If we'd been able to hit the damned thing, the magic wouldn't've been needed."


Gamemaster

"Yeah, that was a damn tough one. I hope to never see it again, if it's not dead. Anyone know what it was, actually?" Boris asks, glad to not have lost a major portion of his income, if not his life.

Any plan what to do with the dwarven body?
You now have a surplus of 3 horses, though the hunters don't have mounts.
Also, you have most of the possessions of the lost members of your group (basically anything Queslin and Xanda would have on them in their sleep is lost).


Big Ern loots the possessions of his former comrades (and one random weird lady). He leaves the body where it is (not being a religious man himself). He'll leave a horse for Boris as well.


Tyr continues to help/work around Olegs.

1,901 to 1,950 of 2,500 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Sothal's Kingmaker PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.