Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Sothal's Kingmaker PBP

Game Master Franz Lunzer


1,701 to 1,750 of 2,500 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

Opps, well Bran dreams of ale, temples and naked dwarven ladies then.


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Perception

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Majet responds with what seems like the most logical course of action in this sort of situation A long loud scream

CMB attempt

1d20 ⇒ 2


Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

*Looks about to see where the screaming is coming from.* :P


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

"What the ...?" Agerron awakes with a start. He immediately reaches for whatever it is, and tries to wrest it away from himself.

attempt to break the grapple 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


male High Elf Ranger 1 (AC: 16 [T:13 F:13] [HP: 12/12] Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 Perc: +5 Init: +4)

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Gamemaster

Majet's scream wakes all others around the campfire.
Xanda wants to turn to the source of the scream, but is unable to move much, only now what happened to her and the gnome, as well as Agerron, who is a bit quicker in assessing the situation.
Turning towards the gnome, the half-elf or Agerron, you see them wrestling with a tiny insectoid creature that has it's barbed legs wrapped around their chests, it's head close to their necks.
Two pairs of leathery wings can be seen in the firelight.

CMD (Majet) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Majet is unable to free herself of the creature,
CMD (Agerron) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 and Agerron has the same troubles.

Bran didn't notice the creatures approaching, so they had a surprise round to attach themselves to Agerron, Majet and Xanda.
Majet - break free - failed
Agerron - break free - failed
Bran - on watch at a watchtower
Queslin - ?
Majet - break free?
Big Ern -
*Insectoids


male High Elf Ranger 1 (AC: 16 [T:13 F:13] [HP: 12/12] Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 Perc: +5 Init: +4)

know-nature 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Queslin stabs at the one on Majet

Shortsword, mw, cold iron
to hit 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


"Unnngh...I don't...feel..so good..." Big Ern moans as he comes awake. Seeing the bug creatures, he fumbles around for his greataxe and stands up.


F Gnome Alchamist 2

"GETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFFGE TITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFF" Majet shriekes out as she attempts to get the thing off her.

Grapple check

1d20 ⇒ 15


(o_O)

Will Save:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

*SHRIEK!*

Fort Save:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

*Flail about ineffectually*


Gamemaster

Branomonrik sat up on his watch-tree when he heard the screams from below. He hadn't noticed the tiny creatures approaching, but that's probably due to him sitting in a tree several feet above the ground and not liking it, but understanding the necessity.

Now he throws down the ropeladder, and starts climbing down.

Queslin gets up and grabs his short sword, darting to Majet, slicing the insectoid. Looking at it in the light of the campfire, Queslin thinks to know these tiny magical beasts as 'Stirges'.

Xanda, upon seeing the thing sucking blood out of her body, shrieks in terror and panic, too paralized to do anything at all.

Big Ern gets up as well, but looks terrible (even more than the rest of the time). "Unnngh...I don't...feel..so good..." he moans, dragging his battleaxe behind him, thinking it to be made fully lead instead of steel and wood.

grapple (Agerron) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31, CMD (Agerron) 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21;
grapple (Xanda) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30, CMD (Xanda) 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

The stirges hanging on Xanda's and Agerron's neck try to keep hanging there, and succeed in that, sucking more blood out of their victims. second point of CON damage
Majet is somewhat saved by Queslin, for the insectoid let's go of the gnome and starts flying away.
AoO Queslin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8, damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
The elf tries to stab at the beast, but misses the tiny thing, and it thus flys off into the night.

Majet - free (make a DC12 Fort-save vs. disease)
Agerron - break free?
Bran - climbed down the tree
Queslin - ?
Xanda - break free?
Big Ern - ?
*Insectoids


DM Sothal wrote:

Xanda, upon seeing the thing sucking the blood out of her body, shrieks in terror and panic, too paralyzed to do anything at all.


Xanda - break free?

YES! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!*Flail some more*

CMD Check(?):1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

*Continues to flail about ineffectually*

"Get it off! Getitoff! Getitoff! Getitoff! Getitoff! Getitoff! Getitoff!" She wails.


male High Elf Ranger 1 (AC: 16 [T:13 F:13] [HP: 12/12] Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 Perc: +5 Init: +4)

Queslin will move over to Xanda next.

Shortsword, mw, cold iron
to hit 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

"Damned creature! Get off!" Agerron once again tries to break free.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

REALLY??!!!


Big Ern murmurs "Hold still, Killer..." as he carefully swings his axe at the bug clinging to Agerron.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 241d12 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

confirm?

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 142d12 + 8 ⇒ (7, 7) + 8 = 22


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Fort save

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

"Drink my blood will you? have some of this"

She hurls a bomb at the retreating bug

Attack (ranged touch)

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Damage

1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Gamemaster

The gnome is out for revenge and quickly stirs up a bomb, throwing it at the retreating beast, hitting it straight on in the middle of it's flight, blowing it out of the air into little more than pieces.

Agerron tries to get the stirge off of him, but having just wrangled one arm free, another of the things feet wrap around it.

Branomonrik has finished climbing down the ropeladder but doesn't really believe what his eyes show him.

Queslin moves over to Xanda slicing another of the stirges, cutting it off in a clean swing. It falls to the ground lifeless.

Big Ern is even more surgical with his battleaxe, carving just along Agerron's body. The stirges legs still cling to the man, and the proboscis still sticks out of his neck.

So, 1 point of Con damage for Majet and two for Xanda and Agerron each.
Other than that, no injuries.
Around 4am now. Xanda would have the last watch.


While gaunt and pale, standing upon slightly shaky legs, Xanda moves to take up a position from which to watch the camp environs. While making doubly sure to not become some giant, flying bugs next meal.

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Big Ern groans and shambles over to Branomonrik.

"Say, Beardo... You know all about wounds and s~@~, I figure. Did you ever see anything like this?"

He pulls up his filthy shirt to expose his enormous hairy belly. It's covered in angry red splotches.

Spoiler:
Did Big Ern get enough rest to recover a point of ability damage?


Gamemaster

Big Ern:
Almost, so I say yes.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

Agerron staggers to his feet, looking a bit pale. "Damned things!"


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

"Sweet Adabar's Beard!" Branomorik says "Let me look over the wounds."

Heal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

If he thinks he can heal it with channel he will do so


It looks like Branomonrik rolled well enough to diagnose Big Ern with a case of red ache.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

"Adabar has yet to grant me the power to remove your Ill. It is brought on by the lack of hygiene and the filth you eat. However I will try my best to aid in recovery." He says

"Now, anyone injured gather around while I call upon Adabars glory to remove the wounds"

He will channel twice if needed and make heal checks to Aid big Ern

2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4
Heal1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Xanda nods and smiles at Branomonrik's offer but stays on watch.

Stealth:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 (Unskilled)

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Meh...(-_-)


Gamemaster

Noone has any real hitpoint damage. So, nothing to heal with channel energy. All damage done is ability damage: 1 point Con at Majet and 2 points Con at Agerron and Xanda.
Also, as Big Ern correctly said, he has Red Ache and is currently at 3 points Str damage. I take your Heal roll for your effort to treat his disease for the day, but as you rolled low, Big Ern doesn't gain the +4 competence bonus on his saving throw against the disease.

The rest of the night is uneventful. Agerron and Majet easily fall asleep, and Xanda too has a hard time keeping her eyes open, with the bloodloss she has suffered.
Come sunrise on Pharast 16th, you have to decide what to do with the day. It would be easy for you to keep at the camp for half a day to apply long term care and recover mostly, but there's no telling how badly sick Big Ern is, or if his condition worsenes.
Or you delay that until the next night, and ride out some more today.
Or you turn around again, head back to Olegs.
You could also have Bran tend the injured, while Queslin scouts out the close area, trying to use the time to map, alone.


male High Elf Ranger 1 (AC: 16 [T:13 F:13] [HP: 12/12] Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 Perc: +5 Init: +4)

I was going to suggest that last option.


At the end of her watch, with the rising of the sun, Xanda slumps down beside the fire.

"Maybe we should rest for the day? Help people recover their strength?" She suggests, even as she absently rubs at the red welt left by the beasty that was making a meal of her last night.

While I don't mind resting and recovering the stat damage, with Queslin scouting. Him going out along sounds like a bad idea. Two or three going out would be better. Just some thoughts. *bows*


F Gnome Alchamist 2

"Well I dont feel all that bad so if you all want to rest I can have a look around."


"Sit around on my ass and rest while the rest of you go out and kill stuff? Fat f!&~ing chance of that, my friends!" Big Ern snorts. "Even when I'm sick, I can lick any one of you with one hand tied behind me."

Fort save vs. disease: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2
Big Ern wrote:

"Sit around on my ass and rest while the rest of you go out and kill stuff? Fat f#!#ing chance of that, my friends!" Big Ern snorts. "Even when I'm sick, I can lick any one of you with one hand tied behind me."

Fort save vs. disease: 1d20+6

"Truth is, I agree with him. I'm not sitting around while the rest of you have fun! I'm fine; no damn overgrown mosquitos are going to keep me sleeping like an invalid!"


male High Elf Ranger 1 (AC: 16 [T:13 F:13] [HP: 12/12] Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 Perc: +5 Init: +4)

"Then stay here and keep a sharp eye out, because we are staying here for the day so that those who were injured and want to get better, can get better."


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

"If the others feel fit to travel, well I am not any of their mothers" He shudders a bit as he glances at Ern.


"Yer damn right. My mother's got a much better beard than you!"


Xanda just lays back upon her bedroll and waves a hand at the others.

"Best of luck." She wishes them well.


Gamemaster

So, um... it seems everyone but Xanda thinks himself fit for the day.
Very well. Can you coax the half-elf to ride out with you, make your way further southwest? Or is someone going to be staying with Xanda at the Thorn River Camp, while the others scout and secure the area?


male High Elf Ranger 1 (AC: 16 [T:13 F:13] [HP: 12/12] Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 Perc: +5 Init: +4)

Hopefully, Bran will stay with her.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

Branomorik is not keen on staying at the camp with just Xanda "This is a known camp of the bandits,just leaving her sleeping sounds like a bad idea" Bran says grumbling as he looks at the sleeping half elf.

"If we plan to split, not something I like mind you. I would advise Ern to stay at camp with myself, he could use the rest and useful in a fight should bandits or worse attack the camp"


male High Elf Ranger 1 (AC: 16 [T:13 F:13] [HP: 12/12] Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 Perc: +5 Init: +4)

"Then I will stay as well." Queslin says simply.


*Face-palm* (-_-)

At the groups reminder to Xanda about the slight 'race' between themselves and the local bandits, Xanda rouses herself, readies herself and kits up to ride with her companions.

"Though I fear my aim may not be up to the mark." She says quietly.

Lets rock and roll, folks!


Branomonrik wrote:
"If we plan to split, not something I like mind you. I would advise Ern to stay at camp with myself, he could use the rest and useful in a fight should bandits or worse attack the camp"

"Beardo, I can charm the ladies just as well from horseback, so let's get a move on. Not that I would mind another ten or twelve hours of sleep, of course."


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

As Bran gathers his things he yells to Ern "You should pray to Adabar in thanks everyday Ern, for his grace has granted the world harlots who are charmed by even your coin"


male High Elf Ranger 1 (AC: 16 [T:13 F:13] [HP: 12/12] Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 Perc: +5 Init: +4)

"Since all of you wish to go into battle tired and sickened, let's be off." Queslin strikes camp with an expert's skill. It takes him only a short time to be ready to go.


Gamemaster

With pretty much everyone feeling fit for travel, the group breaks camp and makes it's way further southwest towards the place Taras indicated frog-man would be.

As usual, Queslin rides up front, having the best sense of orientation, guiding you through the trees, circumventing thickets and unpassable undergroth as best he can. Still you have to backtrack sometimes, this being uncovered territory and all.

Most of the day you don't see too much of wildlife, but hear much of it fleeing from you.
Riding through this part of the forest is uneventful at most, and boring for some.

Come evening, the ground gets softer more and more, just as Taras told you. There must be a swamp or mire close by.

You have about two more hours of riding for the day until you fatigue the horses.
What's the plan?


male High Elf Ranger 1 (AC: 16 [T:13 F:13] [HP: 12/12] Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 Perc: +5 Init: +4)

Gotta keep the horses fresh. We find a place to rest.


Yeah, we don't want to stop for a rest in the middle of a swamp.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

Bran also thinks stopping would be good, they could set up camp and he could tend to the injured.

Heal check if needed
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Gamemaster

Okay, give me Survival rolls for the campmaking.
Bran, you really impress me with your heal-skills. So everyone heals only one point of ability damage this night (Which is enough for Majet to be fully healthy, while Xanda and Agerron are at a 1 point Con penalty and Big Ern has still 2 points Str penalty on the next day).
As for watch, I guess same order as last night? (Agerron, Majet, Queslin, Branomonrik, Xanda, no watch of Big Ern)


F Gnome Alchamist 2

That order works for me

Survival

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Whilst setting up she has a long look around for any more giant blood drinking bugs

Perception

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Xanda's Watch, Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

1,701 to 1,750 of 2,500 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Sothal's Kingmaker PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.