Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Sinvel's A Pound of Flesh in Freeport!

Game Master Sinvel Menter


1,551 to 1,600 of 2,091 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Why do we need to remove the evil blight?" Kazmir's true voice squeking out. "Last time I checked our job is to evidence of the big old Captain's death, and I didn't see it in there so why the freaking hell would we got back in there?!" Kazmir starts backing away from the door. "Come on you all are smarter then that aren't you?" Trying to hide his shaking hands under the cloak, goes along very noticable.


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

"I admit, I'm not to fond of this nasty thing either. I do, however, think that we'll end up down here again somehow to kill this thing if we don't do it now. Besides, maybe the captain is part of that disgusting mass of body parts."


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"Actually, I probably wasn't clear. I'd been thinking about seeing what lies behind the other door. You know the one way over that way." She gestures back toward the room with the altar. "I believe many magics are not permanent, so perhaps this bloody mess of a horror will fall apart before we return. If it is going to follow us though, we'd probably best deal with it now."


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Suny blanches a bit at Silas' remark about where they might find the remains of the captain they're looking for. She flexes and stretches, preparing for the possible coming fight.

"Better t'fight it now...While it be squeezin' out'a door...Than t'have t'come back like Silas says an' deal with it out in'a open some wheres..." Suny agrees. She looks to her companions,

"Any one got some acid? I dun;t like th' idea of settin' a fire down here. But burnin' that thing would surely seem the smarter thing t'do..." She adds thought-fully.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 Suny listens intently to try and hear what progress their shambling friend is making.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

"No, at the moment I agree with Mishael, leave that thing alone, see if it tries to follow us first. Once we are sure it is not posing an immediate danger, we go and discover what lies beyond the other door. There we might find something to fight the thing with." says Karsielle nodding in unison with Mishael. She watches and listens to see if the creature will attempt to follow them.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Okay! Let's move to the other door and pray this thing not following us. And Silas let's cut down the bravery and exhaust our other options of looking before we have to dig through the big bad creature okay thanks...." As Bloody finishes his comment and slaps his hand on his head. "Great you idiot Kazmir, you broke character again. No wonder you can't get anywhere in this town."

In his dark voice Bloody grumbles, "Now to the other door." He tries to slow down his hurried pace away from the room the creature is in.

So fun playing a coward trying to hide behind a murderous monster's persona hehe.


Bloody opens the door on the other side of the dais. It opens to a hallway that turns to the right after about twenty feet.

Assuming Bloody tiptoes down the hall and takes a look around the corner, he sees a barricade made of furniture down at the end of that hallway. Here is the Map.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"Perhaps that horrid thing's twin is down this way." suggests Mishael with a wry smile.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Perhapss indeed." Bloody chuckles. He takes some time to see if he can hear anything from the other side of the barricade.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Suny pads along quietly, blades held ready in her hands.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

"Careful, these cultists must be making a last ditch stand." says Karsielle, as she wonders why the barricade would be there.


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Also, again for some reason I can't seem to log into Google maps. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Suny peers around the corner at said barricade.

"Here. It be pointin' in our general direction." She whispers.

"I din't thought we made that much noise..."


"Suny" wrote:

Also, again for some reason I can't seem to log into Google maps. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Suny, you should be able to click on the link (in the word Map) in my post and see it. There is no log in of any kind required.


Kazmir "Bloody Flag" Voltiss wrote:

"Perhapss indeed." Bloody chuckles. He takes some time to see if he can hear anything from the other side of the barricade.

Perception:1d20+9

It is all quiet down the hallway.


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Aye, got things a workin'. (^_^)

Suny keeps an ear and an eye upon the door through which they've come as the party slowly begins to trickle down this new hall wqay.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

As usual, Karsielle is close to the rear of the group.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"I could try to jump it, but shouldn't we just see about clearing a path?"


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

"Peer over it? Or through it?" Suny suggests.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"I agree we should try to peer over it, and if we can get around it without disturbing the barricade let us do that."


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"All right, I'll take a good look and then see if I can jump it." Mishael stands up on her tip-toes and looks to see if anything can be seen on the other side or within the barricade.
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
If she sees nothing, Mishael will back up and see about making a running leap to flip over the barricade...
Acrobatics 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Nope, no idea what Suny be lookin' at, none at all.....


As Mishael approaches the barricade to get a better look, a cultist stands up and fire his crossbow. Next to him is a deformed humanoid with what looks to be bloody intestines extruding from his face. A length of intestine reaches out over the barricade as attempt to latch onto Mishael!

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Both attacks miss!

That was their surprise round. Initiatives!

Bloody: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Silas: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Karsielle: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Mishael: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Suny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Cultist: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Thing: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Initiative Order:
Cultist
Suny
Silas
Bloody
Mishael
Karsielle
Thing


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

"Struth!" Is Suny's exclamation, even as she brandishes her swords though she steps back to give others with ranged weapons a better field of fire.

So, yeah, taking a 5' step backwards...

Ah! And here I be with out a x-bow.


Round 1

The cultist reaches down and loads his heavy crossbow with amazing speed before firing once more at Mishael.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
1d8 ⇒ 4

He is able to hit the shifty Mishael this time (for 4 points damage).


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Gonna wait for the others to act before Karsielle does.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

Bloody responds with a dart towards the crossbowman.

Attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage:1d4 ⇒ 3


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

I'm down in the order, but I'll still go for that leap over the barricade when its my turn. No ranged weaponry for Mishael either.


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Looks like it's gon'a be 'boots an' all in' soon.

Suny gets ready to leap the barricade.

Await my next turn in melee and I'm gon'a Go for it!


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle seeing the cultist attack, calls for Calistra to bind the man in her holy silks, leaving him unable to move. She moves forward drawing out her dagger, moving in to kill the man. "That cultist, he is mine!" see says with venom, almost as if she herself was filled with Calistra's power.

Casts Hold Person on the cultist, DC=15 Will Save to resist or be paralysed for 4 rounds,


Without a ranged weapon, Silas is unsure of what to do. Bloody is able to hit the cultist in the chest with a small dart. While Silas waits on a plan, Mishael suddenly runs past him running full out towards the barricade.

Mishael, to make this more dramatic, I'll let you make the roll. (Acrobatics DC: 18)


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

Silas pauses, unsure of what to do. Thinking for a moment, he flips his dagger over in his hand and flings it at the crossbowman.

Dagger throw:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage:1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Damn, can't use that 32 from before
Acrobatics 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Hmm, not sure if a 17 results in a spectacular failure or just a failure. Your call :(


Sorry all, very busy at work. May be a few days before I can post.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

No problem, thanks for letting us know.


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Wishing every one all the best. (^_^)


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Good luck with work, hope it all goes well.


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Wishing every one all the best, especially those suffering under the storms. (^_^)


OK, I'm back! Thanks for everyone's patience. Been working 12-14 hour days the last two weeks. Hoping life will return to normal now. Let's see...where were we?

Silas moves in to get within range to throw his dagger. It goes wide right and clangs off the back of the far wall.

Bloody fires a dart toward the cultist and hits him squarely in the chest.

The cultist hits Mishael in the leg with his cross bow (same 4 hp's from the beginning of the round, this isn't new damage), which keeps her from getting up to speed to clear the barricade. She thinks she may yet clear the pile of furniture, but the tow of her boot hits a chair leg and she goes toppling over. She lands on her back with a grunt, laying right next to the creature whose face seems to be covered in animated human organs!

Karsielle calls on her deity, Will:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 but the cultist is still able to move.

The creature, standing next to the prone body of Mishael, lashes out with his grotesque face intestine. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 She rolls her body left and the intestine is too slow.


Round 2

Initiative Order:
Cultist
Suny
Silas
Bloody
Mishael
Karsielle
Thing

The cultist finishes loading his crossbow and aims it at Silas and fires.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Silas is able to move out of the way just before the bolt passes.

Suny, the hall is too crowded to attempt a jump now.

Everyone, looking at the make-shift barricade or piled up furniture, you estimate it would only take about 1 round of everyone working together to take the top pieces of furniture and move it out of the hallway, assembly line style.

Here is the new Map


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Yay! DM's back! *Does happy dance* (^_^)

Suny peers around Flag and Silas...trying to see what's going on.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Round 2

Mishael vaults back to her feet (incurring at least one AoO) and takes a short step sideways. to H6 She stabs her cutlass at the cultist.
Attack (+1 cutlass) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Damage (+1 cutlass) 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Silas and Suny try to back up Mishael." He says throwing another dart at the cultist and leans againist the wall so they can get by him.

Attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage:1d4 ⇒ 4
Welcome back Sinvel, glad things are calming down.


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

"Silas!" Suny yells. "Either duck, or let me go over yer shoulders!" She calls, giving her comrade a hint about what Suny wants to do.

Getting ready to move 'into' Silas square to 'vault him and hence the barricade.

Yah, vaulting over Silas should be possible. People go crowd surfing all the time, don't they?


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

If Sinvel approves, I could attempt an aid another to get Suny over the barricade. Then I can start dismantling it.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle will help with the dismantling of the barricade. If she can see the strange creature, she will attempt to identify it.

Knowledge(Religion) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Not wanting to be 'Out of turn' or anything', but yeah, Suny is going over the TOP! *Rrrrarrr!*

Acrobatics Check:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Really? I have a+10 and the frikkin' dice roller gives me 4? I should just hang around and 'Take Ten' to get over the thing. (¬_¬)


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

A 4 on the dice roller for the Acrobatics check over the barricade. Hmm, not sure I've ever seen that before.


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

*HUGZ* Aye, the dice roller has it in fer us, t'would seem.


Silas Vayn wrote:
If Sinvel approves, I could attempt an aid another to get Suny over the barricade. Then I can start dismantling it.

OK, make an Acrobatic check and we'll see what happens...


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

Acrobatics1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

1,551 to 1,600 of 2,091 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Sinvel's A Pound of Flesh in Freeport! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.