Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Sinvel's A Pound of Flesh in Freeport!

Game Master Sinvel Menter


1,451 to 1,500 of 2,091 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Suny is a little troubled by her friendly Cleric of calistra being subsumed by the evil cultists garb, but she puts on a brave face and smiles, giving a nod.

"Aye, well as fer th' fit o' yer duds? Master Flag be th' one who knows more about clothes than m'self." Then Suny turns back to trying to convince Mishael to go all 'Scared, nekkid captive'. (^_~)

Diplomacy:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Mishael looks down sadly at the torn remnants of her clothes. "Well, Suny may have a point. I may be better off acting as a prisoner too though I am loath to surrender my weapons. Nonetheless, I suppose it is for the best." She passes her cutlass off to Karsielle, but puts the dust she grabbed from the street earlier in one hand and a few of her marbles in the other.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

With a smile Karsielle takes the cutlass, "Stay close my friend and take it when you need it." She removes the whip from her belt and continues with some gentle laughter in her voice, "but I much prefer to keep you 'prisoners' in trim with this." as she lets her whip crack gently on the floor.


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Suny dances and giggles as Karsielle's whip sinuously moves about the space. She helps Mishael 'get into' the roll of prisoner better.

"Here, ye but yer sword belt in'a person who's gon'a be leadin' ye." Suny demonstrates by wrapping her arms around Silas and placing her sword belt upon his hips, giving gentle tugs as she tightens the buckles.

"Don't worry, I be gentle on'a goods..." She whispers encouragingly to Silas as the tucks things into place. (^_^)

"Then, ye got's t'get yer bindin's right..." Suny offers her wrists to Karsielle "The trick bein,' t'have lots o' rope or leather around yer wrists. That's t'seem like ye's bound. Though only a thin strip ye's can break so's yer hands stay t'gether with-out fuss through any come yer pushin' an' yer shovin', like." Suny explains, bright and cheerful and seemingly far too knowledgeable in such affairs....This explained while helping Mishael into a similar state of dress as herself...(^_~)


Mishael listens at the doors and doesn't hear anything. They are both unlocked.

Silas puts a speck of the black powder on his tongue and within a few seconds his mouth goes numb. Not sure exactly what type, but you're sure it's poison of some sort.

Karsielle does not detect magic on any of the items.

Suny and Mishael surrender their weapons and the group looks the part: three cultists with two prisoners, one of which without clothing for some reason.

Please let me know which door the group opens, left or right.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Yeah, no binding on Mishael though happy to fake it. She's keeping her hands free. If they get close enough to see, she's using them. My vote is right.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

"Lead on Artued, we'll go through the right door." says Karsielle through the mask.


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Suny will do her best to helpfully tug at the tatty remains of Mishael's kit while she waits for the right door to be spied out. (^_~)


"Artued" opens the door on the right. Beyond can be seen a narrow corridor leading to another doorway. About twenty feet down the corridor twin recesses open on either side.

I assume Artued has a torch or some other type of light? Please let me know.

Here is the Map.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

Moving off of Karsielle's light with my low light vision, "Artued" cloaked in his new cultist garbs moves forward quietly.

Stealth:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Suny shifts so that she will be 'In front of' Karsielle and hence 'guarded' by said cultists. She gives a 'Psst' and hint that maybe Mishael should do the same with Silas.

Stealth:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

SO, being such a narrow space. Maybe Flag first, Mishael, Silas, Suny, Karsielle?


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Suny's suggestion makes sense to me and keeps Mishael with the darkvision close to the front.
Stealth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle follows along at the back, looking the very image of a cultist, she struggles though with her vision blocked slightly by the mask. Quietly she leans forward to Suny, "Psst, Let me know if there is anything I should be concerned about ahead, you know where not to tread that sort of thing?"


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Suny nods at Karsielle's words, though she giggles softly as the cleric's breath tickles her ear.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Meh...seems like I be a mite distracted. :P


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

Silas does his best to look intimidating, hoping that no one opts to ask him any secret passwords. With my luck they'll have a secret handshake too.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Whoops forgot me stealth 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (3) - 3 = 0 or not!!

As they move towards the far end of the corridor, Karsielle cannot help but have difficulty moving in the breastplate.


Island Elf(link) Fighter(Unarmed)1/Ninja1/Monk1 | Perc+5 | Init+3 | AC:19,(20Def)T:14,16FF:15,(16Def)(+3Dex,+1dodge,+1Armor,(+2Tonfa)) | HP18/18 | F+4,R+5,W+2(+2VsEnch)

Noting Karsielle's difficulty, Sunny can't help but whisper,

"They's gon'a have t' adjust that fer ye t'fit in't it proper like. I could tell there weren't enough room for ye in it when I were wrappin' it around yer gussets."

See, told ye I were distracted.(^_~)


The group starts down the narrow hallway with "Artued" leading the way. As he makes his way down a few feet, Bloody can see four identical corpses propped up in each recess in the wall. They stare at you with deep empty sockets and begin to groan and growl. Initiatives!

Bloody: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Silas: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Karsielle: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Mishael: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Suny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
creatures: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Initiative Order:
Mishael
Silas
Suny
Karsielle
Bloody
creatures

Here is the latest Map.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Round 1

"So much for our prisoner ruse. Let's see if they'll follow us back beyond the door where we have a little more room." Mishael darts back past Silas, Suny, and Karsielle. "I'll take my cutlass back too!" she says with a smile to Karsielle. "Let's get someone in front of the door and someone opposite me!"

I think the partial squares were ok, so she'll go to D8. Ideally she'll put the dust and marbles away and grab her cutlass, but if that is too many actions, she'll wait to get the cutlass.


Island Elf(link) Fighter(Unarmed)1/Ninja1/Monk1 | Perc+5 | Init+3 | AC:19,(20Def)T:14,16FF:15,(16Def)(+3Dex,+1dodge,+1Armor,(+2Tonfa)) | HP18/18 | F+4,R+5,W+2(+2VsEnch)

Okay, if I'm reading that right, Sunny should be able to simply take her short swords from Silas' belt from behind, then maybe deftly take a five foot step to the 'right' (To e-6) and so be both armed and out of other people's way.

That's Sunny's plan of actions. (^_^)


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle follows the others in their retreat from the door, removing the whip from her belt as she does. "Let them come to us."

Moves to B,7, arms herself with the whip.


Island Elf(link) Fighter(Unarmed)1/Ninja1/Monk1 | Perc+5 | Init+3 | AC:19,(20Def)T:14,16FF:15,(16Def)(+3Dex,+1dodge,+1Armor,(+2Tonfa)) | HP18/18 | F+4,R+5,W+2(+2VsEnch)

"Um...maybe see if'n th' disguises can be made to work on these things?" Sunny suggests, though sounding rather dubious of the idea even as she offers it. She gets ready to make a 'pointed' discussion with the things shambling towards them.

Holding at E-6.


Giving Silas and Bloody a little more time.


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

I wasn't really sure we could squeeze past each other, but here goes.

Silas growls, ripping his.blades from their sheaths as he brushes past bloody flag. He moves to the dead creatures and slashes violently.

Moving to k8, and attacking.
Longsword:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damage:1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Silas takes charge of the situation and closes in on the undead-looking humanoids. He viciously slashed on the monstrosities and splits open its chest.

I think I know Bloody wouldn't want to stand with these guys. Bloody retreats along with the others, hoping to draw the beasts out in a more advantageous open area.

The monster from on of the alcoves (M8 steps) out (to L7) and suddenly Silas has attackers on three sides. The all moan and growl unintelligibly as they attack him.

Silas is able to move out of the way twice, but he is finally struck my one. It pulls a chunk of flesh off in one swipe, a trail of blood pours onto the floor. Silas takes 10 points of damage plus 1 point of bleed damage.

rolls:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17
1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
f1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Mishael let's out a groan as Silas goes racing down the hall to face three at once, "Hey Silas, I was kinda hoping we could do that to them instead of having them to it to one of us."

Btw, you can move through allied squares in Pathfinder. You just can't end in an occupied square.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Are you gonna be doing anything else Mishael? as your kinda up next.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Sorry, missed that everyone had gone and we were back to the top of the order.

Round 2

Mishael finishes retrieving her cutlass from Karsielle. Ready an action to attack one of the creatures if any of them come within reach.


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

Wound dripping, Silas backs cautiously away. "Yeah, that sounds like a better plan!"


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27
Silas Vayn wrote:
Wound dripping, Silas backs cautiously away. "Yeah, that sounds like a better plan!"

Where are you backing off too?

Karsielle calls out, "Get back close enough to me, that I might close your wounds." Free action, when its Karsielle's turn.


Round 2
Silas retreats in an attempt to draw the shuffling creatures out, which they do just as planned. The first one out the door moves past the opening, seemingly focused on attacking Silas, who split his chest open. He doesn't make it, as Karsielle and Suny (with their Attack of Opportunities) slice the decayed humanoid to pieces.

The hallway keeps spilling humanoids and anyone with a readied action may act. Latest Map.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Artued" preps a oil flask just incase, "Hurry up with the slicing and the dicing my comrades, there is still more to explore."

A few crazy weeks since gen con, sorry for the dissapearing act. But "Artued" is back.


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

More slicin' and dicin', I do believe. (^_^)

AoO1:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12(Main hand)

AoO2:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25(Off hand)

Confirm2:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Dam1:1d6 ⇒ 4

Dam2:2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

"Aye, aye! More slicn' an' dicin' it be!." Suny agrees happily as her swords weave a filleting dance across the emerging shamblers.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle jumps a top the table in front of her, as she calls on Calistra's blessing on Silas' wounds that are weeping blood even as he fights. She touches his shoulder as the positive energy that had gathered in her hand, floods into Silas' body.

Acrobatics 1d20 ⇒ 16 to jump onto the table
Change Consecrate into CLW 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 healing on Silas, should also stop the bleed.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Mishael slashes at the leading monster with her cutlass.
Attack (+1 cutlass) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Damage (+1 cutlass) 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

Looking far better now that he isn't dripping blood, Silas thanks Karsielle before he charges back into the fight. Sword and dagger swing with surgical precision, hacking at limbs before going in for killing blows.

Longsword:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Dagger:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Dagger Confirm:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Longsword Damage:1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Dagger Damage:1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Moving to the front of the undead column. If it takes more than a 5ft step, just drop the dagger attack.


Mishael swings her sword but is unable to make contanct. Silas, feeling much better and no longer dripping blood, swings sword and dagger at the beast and cuts off a chunk of flesh which doesn't seem to phase creature.

Suny swipes her sword across the next creature (zombie if you haven't figured it out) and her swing is true. The bleeding humanoid drops to the floor. Suny, there is no AoO for(yet), but it is coming up, and I'll take your crit then.

Not deterred by watching the crew slice through the horde, the next two grotesque things shuffle forward, mumbling and growling. #3 to D7, Silas, Suny and Mishael all get attacks of opportunities before Round 3. #4 moves to E7.


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Ah, sorry I am fer that.

Round 3:

AoO1:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18(Main hand)

AoO2:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18(Off hand)

Dam1:1d6 ⇒ 4

Dam2:1d6 ⇒ 6


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle smiles as the first of the undead fall.


"Suny" wrote:

Ah, sorry I am fer that.

Round 3:
AoO1:1d20+7(Main hand)
AoO2:1d20+5(Off hand)
Dam1:1d6
Dam2:1d6

OK, I see what is happening. You have Two Weapon Fighting. When making Attacks of Opportunity you can only hit once. Also, this AoO is still within the 2nd round. I'm waiting to finish that up before starting Round 3.


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

D'Oh! (>_<) Agin' very sorry fer muddlin' things up! Will try t'get better at that.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Round 2 AoO

Attack (+1 cutlass) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage (+1 cutlass) 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
I believe I am now flanking that one with Silas, so add 1d4 ⇒ 1 of damage for dirty fighting if I am. I should hit without the flanking bonus.


The creature is cut down as soon as it attempts to move past the flurry of sword. Only #4 remains. Zombies aren't the most the most efficient killing machines out there.

[b]Round 3[/b
]


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Round 3

Mishael stands her ground and slashes her cutlass at the sole remaining zombie.
Attack (+1 cutlass) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage (+1 cutlass) 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Suny stands her ground and gets ready to carve any shamblers. (^_^)


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

With the fight almost over, Karsielle takes her whip in hand again and waits for the undead to get close enough that she might trip the creature.

Move action - Get out whip
Use whip to trip CMD 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Karseille lashes her whip around the zombie's leg and yanks it hard. The stiff humanoid falls to the ground. It is prone, so he is -4 to his AC. Suny and Silas can finish the last one off!


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Att Roll1:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Att Roll2:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Dam Roll1:1d6 ⇒ 6

Dam Roll2:1d6 ⇒ 3

"Stabby, stabby, stabby...Slice, slice, slice." Sings Suny. (^_^)


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

"Here have some death, little...dead...ones..." That really sounded better in my head.

Longsword:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Dagger:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Damage:1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage:1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


As the zombie starts to fall from Karsielle's whip, Silas' and Suny's swords flash and slash the undead's body into shreds. It falls to the floor, with its head and arms no longer attached.

Good job guys! Of course, they didn't stand a chance once they were lined up in order like that. OK, there is a door at the end of the hallway where the zombies were located and there is the door on the left side of the temple area that you've seen before. Which shall it be?

1,451 to 1,500 of 2,091 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Sinvel's A Pound of Flesh in Freeport! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.