Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Sinvel's A Pound of Flesh in Freeport!

Game Master Sinvel Menter


1,351 to 1,400 of 2,091 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

Will Save:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Silas attempts to nod his head in agreement, but it stops as the whispering starts to take hold. Something is worming its way in, and he is powerless to stop it.


Silas, unable to control himself, turns around and pushes his way back through the group. He barges into the room they recently exited and begins to dig through a box filled with pieces various human bodies. He returns with an arm and dips it into the stone font filled with some sort of liquid. He then carries it into one of the alcoves where he kneels down and begins to rip apart at the flesh with his teeth, eagerly devouring any shreds he is able to tear loose. He stops between bites and yells "In the name of Adhelmus Xaoghul! In the name of Adhelmus Xaoghul!"

After a few moments of this, he slumps over, but his head is clear once again. His tongue and mouth all looks to be stained deep black.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"Wow, I guess that answers my question and not in the way I was hoping. You back with us big guy? What went through your head there? Any of you with magic able to figure out what's going on here?"


Perc:+9,

(O_o) Sums up Suny's reaction to Silas' behavior. She shifts to put Karsielle between herself and the alcove where Silas is...tripping out.

Hesitantly she awaits for the light to return to Silas' eyes...

"Awe maaan, is he gon'a need some cleanin' up!" She mutters.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle calls Silas to her, she holds back her revulsion at the ritual that just look place and looks at Silas' black mouth and tongue.

Heal for the cause of the blackness 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Artued" stands ready and thinks on the name that Silas speaks out trying to remember if he has heard about it.

Knowledge(local):1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

Silas slowly returns to his senses, confused greatly by what he's doing kneeling at the alcove. The sight before him doesn't help either. That and the taste in his mouth lead to what can only be described as revulsion.

Gagging, he spews up his guts on the alcove and floor. Wretching, he does his best to control it.

Once his stomach begins to agree with him again, he weakly stands. "Damn...damn cannibal bastards. I'm gonna slice them up, just like them f%++ing snitches. Bastards!" He punches the wall for emphasis, not paying attention to his now bleeding knuckles.


Perc:+9,

Suny pads over and does her best to comfort Silas. Offering an arm about his shoulders, deftly casting her 'Prestidigitation' spell to help clear away the detritus of the nasty spell's affliction. She softly murmurs soothing words and tries to calm the man down and limit the amount of self harm he inflicts.

Diplomacy:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Looking witnessing the foul act Silas was compelled to carry out, as well as the actions of the other cultists, Bloody thinks he has heard of these type of followers. They are most likely followers of Adhelmus Xaoghul, a god of conquest and dominance whose dark tenets espouse cannibalism and necromancy as the only true way to achieve total dominance over one’s enemies.

Karsielle is unsure of what to do to treat Silas and his blackened mouth. Just the act of consuming human flesh should not leave that sort of stain. Perhaps it was the entire ritual that left some sort of mark from a dark deity.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"Any magical effects still in evidence on him Karsielle? I'm also worried about what's going to happen to the rest of us as we try to proceed. Do we need to go through one at a time and restrain one another? I'm hoping that Bloody and Silas won't trigger that again."


Karsielle inspects Silas. Other than the black tongue and stains around his lips, he appears to be normal.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Artued" gives the group a lesson on Adhelmus Xaoghul, please read above.

"Now that your stomach has settled, may we move on? Better not linger about it."


Perc:+9,

Though she still looks askance at Silas, more with concern that trepidation, Suny nods at "Artued's" words and pads along with the group.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

As the group readies to move, Karsielle she calls on Calistra to discover any magical effect on Silas, but the prayer goes unanswered. "Calisttra does not favor me with that knowledge Mishael. But 'Artued' is right, we must move on, though I am afraid as to how we get past the enchantment ahead. I do not have the prayers to protect us from it. Perhaps there is another way?" She taps the walls with her hand, as she searches.

Sorry, busy of late ... Karsielle does not have detect magic memorized.
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 to find secret doors.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"Searching I can help with. Let's see if there is any clue to what possessed Silas. Then I guess we shall have no choice but to proceed."
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Karsielle and Mishael look around for any clues or a secret passage but are unable to find anything of interest.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

Detect Magic on Silas
Perception for secert door as well:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

"Artued" states, "Let us move on."


Other than any magic radiating from his gear, Silas does not radiate magic.

What's the plan? See what is down the other side of the chamber? Could I get order of approach?


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle would want to go down the other side of the chamber and avoid the enchantments thing.


Perc:+9,

Suny is happy to hug along with Karsielle. Better to keep a Cleric between y'self an' th' scary thing.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

I'll stick right behind Flag and Silas.


Suny, Karsielle, and Mishael, please give me a Will save (DC 20).


Perc:+9,

Ooooo...I don' wan'a stark 'snaking' between meals.

Will Save:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 (Will use my 'Corsair's luck ability to add a +1. Also, if it's an 'Enchantment' that'll add another +1)


"Suny" wrote:
Will Save:1d20+3 (Will use my 'Corsair's luck ability to add a +1. Also, if it's an 'Enchantment' that'll add another +1)

Suny, your will save against enchantments (which this is) should be +2, not +1, so you make your save.


Perc:+9,

*Does super, happy fun dance!* (^_^)


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Artued" looks to the girls, "Are you gals okay?"


Perc:+9,

Suny nods the affirmative to "Artued's" question, though she continues to hug Karsielle defensively/protectively.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 (To notice any change that might be over coming Karsielle)


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Will save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
As Flag asks his question, Mishael's eye's begin to glaze over...
Uh oh. Already used my corsair's luck and my enchantment bonus is only for spells with the fire descriptor.


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

"Grand. Here we go again. Let's restrain Mishael!" Silas attempts to muscle her down before she can begin reacting to the mental intrusion.


Karsielle may be out another day or two so I'll roll her save for her. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25She saves.

However Suny, I don't know what I was smoking last week but the DC is 20 not 15, so you did not save. Very sorry!!

Bloody and Silas attempt to restrain Mishael. Suny appears to be unaffected at first, but as the two men focus on preventing Mishael from carrying out her compulsion Suny walks into the room and returns with a small piece of human flesh. She dips it into the water then kneels in one of the alcoves to begin the ritual.

Silas give me a grapple check. Bloody, roll a grapple to assist Silas.


Perc:+9,

Awe maaaaan! There goes me diet. :P

"Om, nom, nom, nom, nom." :P


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Was wondering about that, but hoping there was some wondrous way she had avoided it.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

Grapple assist:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Before Suny starts to eat, Karsielle prays in an attempt to make the flesh untainted.

If you will allow, Karsielle would touch Mishael using her touch of luck ability, as her attention is drawn to the her mind being assailed by the enchantment. This allows a reroll against the enchantment.

Casts Purify Food and Water on Suny's ritual meal.


Karsielle wrote:


If you will allow, Karsielle would touch Mishael using her touch of luck ability, as her attention is drawn to the her mind being assailed by the enchantment. This allows a reroll against the enchantment.

This is a little hard for me. It is "Bit of Luck", which has to be cast first and then used by the person cast upon during the next round. I could see you using it for all three of you before going down the hall, but that would require a lot of planning since it takes a standard action to cast each one. That would mess things up and change the way I would have GM'ed the next few rounds. I'm going to say that you cast it only on yourself and thus was able to get that nice Will save result.

Karsielle wrote:
Casts Purify Food and Water on Suny's ritual meal.

You don't appear to have this spell prepared today.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Prepared spells are in daily allocations spoiler of character, that way I can keep track of what gets cast etc... I'm good with what you said about Touch of Luck. So can Karsielle move and touch Silas in his attempt to grapple Mishael this round?


Karsielle wrote:
So can Karsielle move and touch Silas in his attempt to grapple Mishael this round?

Absolutely! Silas, roll two grapple checks and take the better result. Add +2 for Bloody's help. Mishael's CMD is 25.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Aye, she's a slippery one :) C'mon 20.


I'll roll for Silas to keep things moving.

Silas Grapple:1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 = 13
Silas Grapple:1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 = 26

With Bloody's help, Silas is able to get ahold of Mishael and keep her from rummaging in the room for a piece of flesh.

OK, now what would you like to do? I'll give you guys a little help: You will be here for a VERY long time before Mishael's compulsion wears off.

Karsielle, I saw your prepared spells for the day. I noticed you only had three 0 level prepared instead of 4. I could retcon this and say you prepared Purify Food and Water if you'd like. Not guaranteeing that it will work though.


DM Sinvel wrote:


Karsielle, I saw your prepared spells for the day. I noticed you only had three 0 level prepared instead of 4. I could retcon this and say you prepared Purify Food and Water if you'd like. Not guaranteeing that it will work though.

I don't really expect it to, but Karsielle would have to try.


OK, I'm going to say you purified the water in the stone font while Suny was running into the room to get the pieces of flesh.

As Silas and Bloody grab on to Mishael, Suny finishes consuming the ritual forced upon her. As she finishes, she comes out of the haze to and is aware of her actions.

Although eating the flesh was quite messy, she does not have the black stains around her mouth that Silas shows.


Perc:+9,

Suny blinks as her mind comes back to the present from where ever it has been lead. She grimaces, her face scrunching up as her head shakes -the whole effect slowly increasing until it is almost her entire body twitching violently.

'Augh!" She exclaims dropping the limb she is holding and bouncing to her feet and looking about, before grabbing at any large piece of loose cloth and spitting into it. Her frame continues to shiver and twitch in the throws of her rejection of her quick snack.

"Aye! An' that don't taste like chicken a'tall!" She mutters.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle looks on with pity as Suny shows her revulsion at the ritual she just performed. "We must go on now, quickly as possible. The evil here is base and rank."


Perc:+9,

Suny nods emphatically at Karsielle's words.


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

Sorry!! This is becoming my mantra isn't it? Ugh...

Silas struggles with Mishael, trying to keep her from enacting the same horrific ritual. "Well, what do we do with her? We can't stand here forever!" He grunts and huffs, keeping the fiery corsair under hold.

"I mean, how long do you think something like this will last? A few minutes? An hour? I don't think I can wrestle her that long."


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

It's impressive you guys have managed this long already :)


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

"Oh Is she still struggling, does anyone have some rope, can we tie her still before we move on. Then at least we might carry her forward."


Perc:+9,

"Bugger rope!" Exclaims Suny and proceeds to pull Mishael's clothing into such a state as she can't move, regardless of the other woman's modesty.

Take ten with 'Profession Sailor' as the closest thing to 'Rope use' at tying Mishael up in her own clothes. =15 :P

"There, that be the best use I ever did see o' all th' fabrics and stuffs people do seem to want to wear." She nods satisfied with her handy work.

Hope t'is enough. Though I do believe folks might have t'carry her now.

(^_^)


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Maybe we counter it with another enchantment effect." With that "Artued" casts charm person on Mishael.

Will Save DC 15


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Will Save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Well, she's charmed :)

1,351 to 1,400 of 2,091 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Sinvel's A Pound of Flesh in Freeport! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.