Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Sinvel's A Pound of Flesh in Freeport!

Game Master Sinvel Menter


1,301 to 1,350 of 2,091 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>

Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

Sorry! I've been doing wedding planning bits all week.
Silas chuckles as the trapped cultists try to free themselves. "Idiots. Thanks for making our job so easy. Now, friends, who wants to chase after the one that left with me?


Perc:+9,

*Hugz* No worries! Glad everything is goin' okay fer ye! (^_^)

Suny blinks, distracted by Silas from her perusal of the room,

"Huh? One of th' fekkers done a runner?" She asks, frowning a little,

"That dun't sound good..." She mutters. "Which way'd they go?"


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle smiles, "My lady smiles on us taking her holy revenge. Is there anything here of worth? We must be quick and follow the unholy one that got away. If there are others here, we must be prepared in case he has warned them. Can anyone make sure the door on the way out is safe for us to proceed?"

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 to find anything interesting/useful in the room


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Now our lady expects the job to be done properly, so we will let you out when it is done that way." "Artued" remarks to the new freezer cult. "Let us catch up to the other one, I would like to aquire some of the cultist robes so we may start hiding the rest of you among there own." With that "Artued" will take a look around with Lady Karsielle for any of those cultist robes and/or masks.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Sorry about the late response had to finish clearing out my old apartment and turn in the keys! Hope the wedding plans are going okay Silas, I know how hectic they can be.


Bloody and Karsielle search the room but do not see any cultist masks or robes. Most of what fills the room seem to be body parts and surgical tools. However, Karsielle looks under one of the tables and finds a small chest buried under some mundane items.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

"Here, 'Artued', would someone like to see what's inside of this?" as Karsielle clears the ground away from the small chest.


Perc:+9,

Sadly, neither of my two classes are good at that sort of thing.

Suny pads over and looks at the chest with interest, but no real idea on how to open the thing without a key.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Artued" tries the various keys on his keyring, "I wonder if this belongs to me."


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle moves back to let 'Artued' more light to see what he's doing.


Suny comes over and looks at the chest with interest. Bloody pulls out his key ring and tries one of the keys that looks as though it may fit. As soon as he does so, BOOM!! an explosion of fire spews forth from the keyhole and scorches those next to the chest.

2d8 ⇒ (8, 4) = 12 Fire damage to Bloody and Suny. Reflex DC 15 for half.

The chest is still locked.


Perc:+9,

Ref Save:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

"Eeek!" Suny squeals, even as she leaps, spins and other wise tries to get away from the gout of flame.

So...Suny takes half damage, for 6

The lanky, blond Elf quickly stripping off her burning clothing and getting clear of the conflagration as quickly as possible.

"Hot! Hot! Hot! HOT! HOT! HOT!" She exclaims

2nd Ref Save:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17(TO get out of said burning clothes!)

Soon Suny is standing there,having quickly divested her clothing -but keeping hold of her scabbard and sword- only her bare brown self. Seeming content to stand and watch her crumpled pile of discarded clothes burn.

"Stoopid burnin', nasty fire..." She pouts quietly, holding her sword before herself as if it were some sort of talisman as if the flames would suddenly leap from the pile of cindered rags and attack her again.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Will wait for BF's save before any healing is attempted, only 3 channels left for today.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

Reflex save:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 HP:6/18

The expolsion knocks "Artued" off his feet and lets pained scream, he gets up clutching at his burned areas and looks to the group, "I ain't trying again, if one of you wants to go right ahead!"


Perc:+9,

Suny winces as Kazmir picks his smouldering self up and nods in understanding as he snarls his pain, rage and frustration at such treatment.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Seeing Kazmir smoldering, in more senses than one, Karsielle holds her holy symbol and calls for Calistra to make whole the wounds so her friends may wreak their revenge on the traps owners.

Channel Positive energy 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7HPs back to all within 30ft

"How is everyone now, ready to more forward."


Perc:+9,

Suny shivers as Karsielle's power washes over and infuses her.

"Oooo.....makes teh pain go away..." She sighs...

Then she skips over and bends down, peering at the chest again,

"Okeys....lets see here..."

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 (Suny can't disarm traps, but a perception roll should let her see if there are any left)


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

"Suny, I know the chest may contain something useful, you getting blown away is definitely not useful. Lets come back t o the chest later?" says a concerned Karsielle.


Perc:+9,

"I iz jus' lookin'." Suny assures Karsielle with an absent wave in her Elf friend's direction, her attention still bent over and with her gaze upon the stout, if flammable, box.


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

"You want my coat, Suny? You might catch cold down here in this wet dungeon." Silas winks at her, before turning his attention to the chest.

"Sorry about that. I was trying to find that runaway, but he seems to have scarpered off. Let me see here..."

Disable Device:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Thank you Karsielle, your healing is much apperciated. I agree as well we can always pick it up on the way out unless Silas can get past the ward on this box."

Detect Magic on the chest


Silas looks at the lock on the chest. Despite the small explosion, the lock still seems to be doing its job. Silas is unable to pick the lock, but the wood of the chest has sustained some damage and the structure is much weaker now.

Unless anyone else has disable device, the next best way to get into the chest would be to hit it with a blunt object. Kazmir detects faint necromancy magic from the chest.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle moves over to the door leading on from this room, setting her whip as a trip wire, as she hides around the corner of the door, ready to pull up the whip, to trip whoever comes in.

Karsielle doesn't really worry if you open the chest or not.


Perc:+9,

Suny grins at Sila's semi-joke, though she does step back from the chest,

"It's stinky..." Are her only comments.

Aye, since we c'n leave it an' pick it up on our way out. Next room/direction?


So, leave the chest and proceed? I'll see what Bloody, Silas, and Mishael have to say.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"Well, I'm not much for opening locks and I'd have to say seeing the two of you caught in that blast doesn't encourage me to try anytime soon. I say we leave it for now."


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

Silas grunts and growls as the picks fail to hit home. "Damn but this thing is finicky. Wsll, maybe I'm just out of practice. Hell, let's move on. We don't particularly meed this, do we?"


The group decides to forget the chest for the time being and moves on to the next passageway. Silas has opened the door previously without affect, so whoever moves past the doorway sees a stone font filled with clear liquid (for some reason, not shown on the map). Dividing the room, rows of pillars climb towards high arched beams in the ceiling.

The floor is covered with an elaborate pattern of black and gray mosaics. Along the walls, massive frescos depict thousands of people engaging in bloody, cannibalistic orgies. The hallway extends past the field of vision. The room is unnervingly silent.

Map

Whoever is close to the front of the line please give me perception checks.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Artued" gazes into the new room. Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Perc:+9,

Suny busies herself settling her sword belts upon her hips again, checking that the fire hasn't damaged the leather too much.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle takes up her normal position again, as she adjusts her holy symbol and feels the comforting leather grip of her whip.


"Artued" doesn't see or hear anything of significance.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Artued" walks into the room like he owns it, motioning his guards to follow him. "Artued" whispers through message, "Be cautious, I don't see any threats but let us be careful."

Detect Magic as he moves foward.


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

Silas moves up behind Flag, hoping that this time he can save the man from further agony.

Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Perc:+9,

Suny skips and bounces along towards the back of the party. (^_^)

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Bloody holds his hand up towards the darkness of the hallway. His senses return that familiar feeling of magic ahead.

To speed things up, I'll say you continue concentrating and find a moderate level of enchantment emanating from about 25' ahead.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

As Bloody points it out, Karsielle tries to work ou what could be causing the effect.

Spellcraft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Mishael sticks close to "Artued" hoping that one of the companions with magical acumen might figure out what awaits.
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

Spellcraft:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Neither Bloody nor Karsielle can tell anything more about the magic in front of them.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

"Even with Calistra's help, I can't untangle the threads of magical energy in that aura. Unless you know Blood, I doubt we'll understand it and have to approach it with care." Kariselle looks around concerned that they are walking into something dark and dangerous. Karsielle returns into the lab they just left, picking up an empty pair of metal tongs and casts light upon the instrument. She returns to the darkened room and throws the tongs in the direction of the enchantment. "Let us at least see what we might be walking into."


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Be careful and alert when we enter this field." "Artued" moves in calm and collective while on the inside Kazmir is very nervous and stressed about the unknown.

Perform(Acting):1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Perc:+9,

Suny pads along with eery one else, looking about for anything untoward at her companions warnings.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

And real soon there be a 'Will Save' comin' up, I bet.


Karsielle returns with some tongs and throws them down the hallway. The metal clangs loudly along the stone floor. The far end can now be seen, where a raised dais ends in a curved wall engraved floor to ceiling with flowing runes.

The light on the metal tongs lights up more of the hallway, which is shown on this updated Map.

So, I assume you are walking down the hallway? If so, what order are people in?

Suny:
Suny, I double checked, and you don't need a Gmail account or to log in any kind of way to view the map. Try the link again and see if it works.


Perc:+9,

DM Sinvel:
Okeys, I c'n see th' maps ye link-y me to now. Geeze Whut a hassle Google c'n be some times! Thank'e fer yer patience an' help an' all. Much cheers t ye an' yours.

(^_^)

Um...a new perception check? 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Keepin' in'a same order? That is if Karsielle dun't mind lookin' at brown Elf butt all'a time. (^_^) Though, it do seem t'be wider. Maybe two at a time? I c'n be happy t'walk aside Mistress Karsielle.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle peers in after the others have entered.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

With her whip I think Karsielle can keep that little brown butt in order ... ;)


Perc:+9,

*Giggles* I must remember t'see about me attendance at church when we's some down time next, an' all. *Nods* (^_~)


With the columns in the hallway there isn't enough room for two-wide. I'm assuming the order is what we have been using previously: Bloody, Silas, Mishael, Suny, then Karsielle.

As the group cautiously makes their way down the hallway. As they pass the first set of openings in the hallway they can see 10 feet deep alcove on either side, covered in more of the frescos showing people engaging in cannibalism. On the floor of each lay a puddle of dark dried blood.

About halfway down Bloody and then Silas begin to hear chaotic evil whispering in their heads, speaking some filth in an unknown dialect.

Bloody and Silas need to make Will saves (DC 20). This is an enchantment affect if either of you get any bonus for that type of save.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

Will Save:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Kazmir shakes away the voices that were calling in his head, "Silas did you hear that? Everyone be careful I believe this enchantment is a dark one."


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"I wouldn't expect anything different from these scum. Are you ok Silas?" Mishael looks down the hallway for other trouble lurking ahead.
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 plus darkvision


Perc:+9,

Suny pads forwards slowly,carefully and quietly.

Stealth:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 (Plus possible bonus for bein' nekkid)

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

1,301 to 1,350 of 2,091 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Sinvel's A Pound of Flesh in Freeport! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.