Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Sinvel's A Pound of Flesh in Freeport!

Game Master Sinvel Menter


1,251 to 1,300 of 2,086 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27
DM Sinvel wrote:
This campaign turns one year old today! Congrats to everyone for hanging in there! Now try to make sure you don't die in the next few weeks. (insert evil laugh here)

He gives with one hand and takes away with the other. The kindness of the DM is all embracing. :)

Will wait for BF to post before Karsielle acts, hope they let him bring in the new cultist recruits.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

As the door opens "Artued" stands there tapping his foot in a annoyed fashion, "Bout time, wwwweellll........ How goes your progress?" He moves in and starts to look around with judging eyes and dissaproving looks. Not explaining his company but will give them a stren look if they start to question them. As he looks at the corpses, he pulls out the loop earring "Do my lessers remember a large man that wore these, if we still have any of his corpse left I need it. In his body lies a great power, now get it for me!"

Perform(Acting):1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Bluff:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Intimidate:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
Awesome! That we have lasted a year with this game! I wonder how many personas bloody took over during that year hehe.


The two masked men look at one another. One seems unsure of himself and then walks around the corner and begins shuffling with something out of sight.

The other watches his friend walk away before looking at Bloody, then says "Lesser?! Kythra is the only authority here!" He takes a step towards "Artued" and holds out his hand, "Hand over your orders!"

Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 4, 1d20 ⇒ 8;
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11, 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"I just gave you Kythra's orders, we need that large man's body for a new ritual. So bring him fourth as the master wishes." "Artued" awaits the reponse.

Bluff:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Sorry for the delay I thought I already posted this.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Mishael follows Bloody Flag into the room, barely able to keep her hand from going to her cutlass with the cultists in sight. At last we are getting to the bottom of this...


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle uses the cover of the doorway to prepare herself and as quietly as possible in eleven speaks the words to charm any man, as she watches the man in front of BF.

Cast Charm Person, will save DC=15 (includes charming trait).
with the words, Obey and protect the man before you (as the man interacts with BF 'Artued' in front of him).
hoping I haven't screwed it up for you BF ... and the rest of us.


Perc:+9,

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Sense motive:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Suny moves forwards a little to peer into the room.

Not sure if'n I were good enough t'notice whut ye're doin' there Mistress Karsielle...(-_-)


rolls:
w:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13, i1:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15, i2:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

"If you don't have written..." one of the mask wearers starts to say, but when Karsielle begins casting he stops and yells "They're casting, kill them!!" He then begins to swing his morningstar but stops midway and looks innocently at "Artued". "Yes, me lady" he says softly.

Charm seems to have worked. No surprise round by either side. Initiatives please!


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Sorry folks ...

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Perc:+9,

Initiative:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

It's okay "Artued" forgives ya Init:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


To help move things along I'll roll inits for Silas and Mishael.

Silas Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Mishael Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Initiative order:
Bloody
Karsielle & Silas
Suny
Mishael
Cultist 1
Creatures with spines in their arms
Cultist 2

I'll upload a map for round 1 soon.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

At last I get my +2 versus cultists, right? right? :)


Perc:+9,

Seeing the people's attitude turn, Suny glances quickly back to Karsielle even as her hands reach to her waist and Suny begins to unsheathe her short swords.

"So...things be gettin' interestin'," She says, though more musing to herself than making a comment to any one else.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Artued" gives them a look, "IF YOUR SMART YOU WON'T DARE ATTACK ME!"

Perform(acting):1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Begin Performance(Harmless Performer) needs a will dc-14 to attack me.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle calls to BF, "That one you were talking to is there for you to command 'Artued'. He should protect you too, but will not do anything which will deliberately harm himself."

Will wait for the map before Karsielle has her turn.


Mishael, you're pretty sure the two guys in the masks are cultists.

I'm not sure of the exact order behind Bloody. You can correct if I have it wrong.

Map


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

You have Mishael in the right spot. I'll pop in after things start to unfold.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle continues saying to the man, "You may get hurt where you are, perhaps it is better if you moved directly back from any nastiness, you know it would help to keep you safe. It would be so much safer if you could direct you friends to desist from any aggressive action."

Karsielle will delay her action until after the charmed cultist has a turn.


Round 1
I suppose everyone will wait to see if the bad guys attack, so I will move on to their action. Suny, Silas, and Mishael, if you'd like to do something, such as cast a spell or move somewhere, I'll retcon it.

The two creatures start towards the group but the charmed cultist commands them to stop. "Halt! I was mistaken," he says in a soothing voice, "these people are our friends." He then stands still in his spot, looking at "Artued" and the others.

From around the corner a door can be heard closing.

OK, Round 2


Perc:+9,

gain, sorry to be a pain, but I can't access the map.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Atrued" straightens his cloak, "Finally you realise it now bring me the large man's body so I can perform the ritual for our master." He bows his head in respect to his masters name.

Bluff:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


Suny:
Suny, let's talk about this in the discussion forum.

"I am sorry, but I don't know of the body that you speak of. Lady Kythra has increased the amount of sacrifices recently and there have been many bodies, large and small." the cultist says to "Artued" in response.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Well lead to your surplus, I know what this bloke looks like." He holds up his hand and waiting for the cultist show him the way.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle nods at Artued's fine performance, following the group as they take their lead from BF.


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

Silas grips his blades tightly, not taking his eyes off the cultists. How long can this magic hold him? I doubt it will last long enough to avoid a fight.

Speaking to 'Artued', he says "We had best move quickly sir. The client is rather...impatient."


The man walks over to a wooden door in the far side of the room and opens it, then motions for Bloody to inspect it's contents. The temperature of this room is below freezing. Within a copse of frost-dusted corpses dangle from meat hooks. Some have chunks of flesh hacked off their arms, thighs and other meaty sections of their bodies. Others bear actual human teeth marks, as if gnawed upon. In the corner of the room is a large stone cylinder filled with a clear viscous mixture.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Artued" looks to Silas and Suny, "Yes you two can wait out here, I know how you feel about the cold." He whispers a few demonic words casting message on his four comrades. "Come on girls let's get looking before our Mistress gets angry."

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Perc:+9,

Suny nods at 'Artueds' semi-command and moves to stand beside Silas, gently sheathing her swords and looking relaxed but alert.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Mishael shivers just looking at the room, but follows Flag to look for the body.
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

Outwardly stoic, Silas thanks the gods he doesn't have to go inside the meat locker they've built down here. Though it might prove a necessity in a bit. Something is...wrong here, beyond the obvious.


Perc:+9,

Suny stands resolutely beside Silas...though the cold temperature seeping across the floor has her wiggling her toes a tad more than normal...


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle enters the 'fridge' she spends some time looking at what has happened to these cadavers.

Heal 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 to see what's been done to these bodies and cause of death.


Sorry guys, hectic Monday. Hope to post tonight.


Karsielle inspects the bodies. The cause of death seem to vary from body to body. One has had its throat slashed, another has his skull bashed in from some sort of blunt object.

Mishael and Artued look at each body carefully, but none here match the description of Captain Montrose.

Karsielle mentioned in the discussion tab trying to lure the cultist and the two creatures into the cold storage room and attempt to lock them inside. Is this the next plan of action?


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

I was waiting for a reaction from the other players, before we started to do that sort of thing.


Perc:+9,

Sorry, am holdin' that fort as Master Artued done instructed. Though followin' others leads be a knack I think I've got down pat. (^_~)


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle moves towards the cultist (charmed guy), "Is there any other way out of this store, than the door we entered by? "

Assuming their isn't Karsielle proceeds
You know these treasures should be better protected you know, perhaps you should call those two outside to come in here. Do they obey your commands, for it would be appropriate from them to remain in here to make safe your treasures.


"The cold room, no, just the one door." the charmed cultist says in response. He is the only cultist left, the other one is no where to be seen.

"They follow my commands, but they would freeze if they stayed in this room." he says to the cleric.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Guard smhuard, I need them to collect every big toe and middle finger from these corpses! Our Lady commands this for ritual that will grant us power, I wish for you to supervise them so it gets done right. I trust you are up to the task?" "Artued" motions for the ladies to follow him out.

Bluff:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
I started to feel bad for them but I realized they are evil undead summoning cultists that probably eat babys and punch puppies in there spare time, so let them freeze before they burn in the after life, Yay!


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Mishael follows Bloody Flag back out of the freezing room, looking about in vain for the missing cultist.
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Perc:+9,

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Seeing the worried look upon Mishael's face, Suny as well looks about too, perchance see what is causing her friend distress.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

"Geez! Me feet is gettin' cold!" She whispers, slightly distracted from her task at hand.


The cultist follows your orders and the three of them start cutting off fingers and toes.

Now would be a good time to shut the door on them. There isn't a lock of any kind but the door is quite thick and could be kept from opening by placing something in front of it.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

"Quick, shut them in, haul over the cupboard and place it in front of the door, whilst Mishael makes sure the door stays shut."

Strength check (help another) 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 ... no help there then!!!


Perc:+9,

At Kareielle's urging Suny too tries to help keep the door shut.

Strength Check (Help another):1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Mishael needs to make a strength check. Someone needs to move the cupboard (full of saws and grotesque cutting instruments) in front of the door. Once that is done, there is a large hammer that can be wedged between the cupboard and the hallway wall that should keep the cupboard from being pushed out of the way.


Perc:+9,

"C'mon Silas! Pull yer digit out!" Suny urges her companion.

I be thinkin' th' 'Manly men' will be haulin' away right soon. (^_~)


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Immediate Action: Activate might of the efreet: +4 to Strength
Mishael shoves the door closed, but something is awry. Either the time in the freezing air has cooled her efreet blood or she slips on a patch of ice and the door does not move as easily as expected.
Strength Check 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 14 That's +2 normal strength modifier, +2 for Suny's help, and a final +2 for might of the efreet.

Going to throw Corsair's Luck at this too! Add another +2 (1/2 class level). But I'm still not sure a 16 is going to get it done :(


With Suny's help Mishael is able to hold the door shut against the rush of the surprised trio in the cold room. Silas then pushes the storage cabinet (cupboard) in front of the door and Bloody is able to place the large hammer across the floor wedged between the cabinet and the door. With this, the ladies move away from the door and watch as those inside beat and push with no success.

Good job guys (and gals)! Several pretty big (and deadly) fights avoided without confrontation so far down here. Of course, one of the cultists ran out the back door of this room at the beginning of this encounter and is no where to be seen. It is pretty obvious which direction he went (several rounds ago) so I'll get the map for that up soon. Let me know if you'd do anything else in the mean time.

rolls:
Silas:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16, m:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6, h11d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8, h2:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Perc:+9,

As they survey their work, Suny shivers as she wraps he arms around herself.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

What be shiny about th' place? (^_^)

1,251 to 1,300 of 2,086 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Sinvel's A Pound of Flesh in Freeport! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.