Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Sinvel's A Pound of Flesh in Freeport!

Game Master Sinvel Menter


1,201 to 1,250 of 2,091 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27
DM Sinvel wrote:

Karsielle doesn't see anything in the barren tunnel that would hold up the portcullis.

Karisielle was lucky to see her companions let alone anything else .. :(


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

The maps helps. I had misunderstood a bit. Thanks!
"Let's check the bunker first so we don't have anything behind us." Mishael will approach the opening into the bunker and check for any threats.
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

"Lead on Mishael, it is a good idea."


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Assuming she didn't see any trouble, Mishael leads the way into the bunker with cutlass drawn.


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

Silas emerges onto solid land with the ease of a lifelong sailor, and wastes no time in drawing his blades once more. Can't be too careful. He follows Mishael as she enters the bunker, ready to slice up any foolish cultists that bar their path.

Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Artued" follows his bodyguards to the bunker, walking with calm like he owns the place. "Lead on my dear, let our business be done from this place with haste." He says to Mishael in a low tone.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

As usual Kariselle and Suny seem to be the last to enter the buinker, following the others. Karsielle lets the others walk on in front and lets just enough light to escape from her dagger to show her steps ahead.


As Mishael walks up the ramp to the small shack, a grey-skinned creature steps out. "Rahrgen! Wingret, peniffilact?" he barks out and Mishael can see that the muscular humanoid has no eyes in his sockets.

He looks past Mishael to Bloody, disguised as Artued, and yells more words at him. "Rahrgen! You Rahgren!" as he points towards the portcullis that was just opened.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Mishael tenses and looks over her shoulder at Artued/Flag quizzically, nodding her head at the creature.


Perc:+9,

Suny pads along besides Karsielle, doing her best to bolster her fellow Elf's spirits.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Does anyone know what language the guy is speaking? What sort of check might reveal it?


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Most likely Linguistics or speaking it. Mishael speaks: Azharan, Common, Ignan, Draconic. So presumably it is not one of those.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

My Lang: Common, Elven,Infernal, and goblin

He nods to the creature, and replies in a stern yet civil speaking voice "Yes, Rahgren."

Unless I understand him,
Bluff:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Perform:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Once "Artued" speaks up, the creature sighs and again points at the portcullis he just opened and crosses his arms somewhat warily.


Perc:+9,

I gots only common and Elven. :(

Suny eyes the humanoid warily as she and Karsielle follow up behind 'Artued'...


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Same as Suny .. we got Elven covered...

Karsielle whispers in Suny's ear, "Seems this is only the gate keeper, hope he opens up to let us again." as they retreat and follow 'Artued' towards the portcullis.


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

"If I don't miss my guess, I think he's simply annoyed that we haven't gone through the porticullis," Silas says as he slips he blades away. "I can't see any harm in simply going on our way. He doesn't exactly look dangerous to me."


Perc:+9,

Go! Team Elf! (^_^)

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Suny looks every where as they pass into the throat of the fortress beneath the ground.


All, I'm about to go on vacation and will be without a computer for some time. So this game will be on hiatus for a little over a week. I will return on June 5th and we'll get deeper into this underground lair!


Perc:+9,

Wishing you a great time! (^_^)


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Wingret, peniffilact yes." "Artued" points to portcullis and motions a raising gesture with his hand.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Have a good time DM Sinvel!


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

Yeah have fun buddy!!


All, thanks for the well wishes! I'm back in town but work is crazy. I'll try posting tomorrow night. Sorry for the delay!


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

Welcome back Sinvel!!!


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Welcome back to the mad house of life. Hope the vacation went well and you had a great time.


Perc:+9,

Aye! Hope ye had a right bang up time! (^_^)


Up on the platform that leads to the creature's small shack, Suny can see a battle axe resting up against one of the walls. Apparently the creature doesn't consider the group a threat.

With everyone back in their boats, they row through the open portcullis. As they approach, banging and gurgling sounds grow louder.

Once through the portcullis and into the next chamber, the source of the banging and gurgling comes from two 10-ft-diameter stone pipes that shoot up into the ceiling. Everything in the room glistens with moisture and the water around the pipes seems to roil and pop. A pathway on the opposite side of the room curves into darkness.

Map


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Artued" directs his cohorts to head for the temple then whispers to Mishael, "I'm glad your steering let me know of anything intresting in that pathway."


Island Elf(link) Fighter(Unarmed)1/Ninja1/Monk1|Perc+5|AC:15,17T:14,16FF:11,13(+3Dex,+1dodge,+1Armor,(+2Tonfa))|HP18/18|F+4,R+5,W+2(+2VsEnch)|Init+3

Okeys, just t'let peoples know. I can't access goggle docs t'see said maps. :P Yah...I dub't know me e-mail address all too well. (-_-)


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

"Be careful of those pipes, don't be drawn onto them, I don't trust the waters behavior around them." says Karsielle as the boat she is in follow on. She takes a copper coin and drops it in the water, "Lets hope for some luck from the gods on this passage."

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"Yes, going to be tricky to avoid them, but I will do my best."
Profession (Sailor) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Perc:+9,

Boating Skill:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18( Aid another to help Silas and our boat stay on an even keel )


The two boats pass through the chamber staying away from the pipes and close to the walkway along the walls. Karsielle inspects the pipes as she passes by them and it appears to her that there is some sort of pressure building up that periodically gets released based on all of the moisture on the walls.

The portcullis on the south side of the room is open and leads to a stone walkway.

Perceptions, please. The tunnel is narrow, so give me your marching order also.


Perc:+9,

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

I believe I were accompanyin' Miss Karsielle? GO team Elf! (^_^) Not sure where that puts us both in'a scheme o' things, though.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Team Elf are normally near the rear. Our standard order down here appears to be the 'bluffing and disguised' BF, then Mishael, Silas, Karsielle, Suny. If that seems OK with everyone.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

I would say Mishael, "Artued", and then team elf!

"Artued" hops on the stone walkway and waits for Mishael to tie up the boat, then allows her to take the lead since she has the vision. "Let us be on our way."

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Silas once again draws his blades, not about to wander around down here with no armaments. "Indeed, let us get going. I think finding out what waits down here will be far safer than waiting to see what lies in the water."


A the end of a short passage stands a rusted metal door. Bloody and Silas both hear voices behind it. The thick door muffles the number of voices and any understanding of what is being said, although whoever lay beyond the door seems to be talking calmly.


Perc:+9,

Suny leans a little closer to Karsielle,

"Whut be it ye think lye beyond yon door?" She whispers to her friend.

Suny shifts her feet nervously, though the bare soles make little noise upon the floor.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Mishael whispers back to Flag, "Well, think we bust on through or shall we knock?" she says with a grin.


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

"We can be civilized, can't we?" Silas says with a cheeky grin. He slams his dagger pommel against the door.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Artued" shakes his head at Silas' haste, "I guess we'll knock, hold yourselves until we get a reaction to my appearence from them."


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Mishael waits with her hand on the hilt of her cutlass for the knock to the answered.


Perc:+9,

Suny stands beside Karsielle, trying to 'fly casual, like'....(^_~)


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle smiles, the tip of her whip flips upwards from the priestess' subtle turn of her wrist as her hand holds its handle, before the sharp tip is lying once more on the ground. "Be bold 'Artued', they may recognize you if you enter."


"Artued" knocks on the metal door and the muffled tones of conversation cease at once. A few moments (rounds) pass, a then a voice barks from the other side, "What say you?!"


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Open, for your master!" "Artued" says in a thunderous voice.

Intimidate:1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24


Kazmir "Bloody Flag" Voltiss wrote:
"Open, for your master!" "Artued" says in a thunderous voice.

Bloody, to save some time I rolled the next perception for you. Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

After "Artued" shouts his order a moment of silence passes before a bit of commotion. Someone shouts at someone else behind the door and then more muffled talking can be heard. Bloody thinks for a moment that it sounds as though one of the voices was casting a spell, although he can't be sure.

Then the door opens to reveal a bizarre scene. The chamber beyond is laid out like a strange laboratory or workshop. Pegs and racks mounted to the walls hold a variety of jagged chisels, rusted bonesaws, tubes, straps, pipes, and jars of mysterious fluids. Pressed against the walls rest three tables with half dissected corpses splayed upon them, a fourth table bears an arrangement of different limbs, rivets, wires, sewing needles and leather straps. An ice-filled barrel stuffed with miscellaneous body parts leaks watery blood into a drain in the floor.

There are four humanoids in the room. Two appear to be cultists dressed in ebon robes and expressionless black masks while the other two are creatures similar to the one operating the portcullis in the guard shack except that they are donning some sort of bizarre apparatus made from what looks to be a pair of human spines.

As the door opens a sweetly pungent scent as those found in the mortuary wafts over the group. The two humanoids with the mask stand motionless, their heads bowing down.


This campaign turns one year old today! Congrats to everyone for hanging in there! Now try to make sure you don't die in the next few weeks. (insert evil laugh here)

1,201 to 1,250 of 2,091 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Sinvel's A Pound of Flesh in Freeport! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.