Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Sinvel's A Pound of Flesh in Freeport!

Game Master Sinvel Menter


1,051 to 1,100 of 2,091 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Round 6
The Azhari pulls strength from her ancestors and delivers a fatal blow. The old mortician's luck finally runs out as he slumps to ground.

Sensing their fate, the two winged creatures take flight in the courtyard and fly off into the night sky.

Well done! Saved it for the end!

The group is now alone in the mortuary. The night falls silent save for the sound of a barking dog off in the distance.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Yay!
"Anyone see where Suny got off too?" asks Mishael, looking out into the hall. "I think we'd better find her before looking around for more clues in case she's in trouble."


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

As he searches Artued body, "I thought she was behind you two, what were those flying creatures. Guess that was the fluttering I heard earlier." He gets a better look at Aruted clothing and digs through the mortians pockets then if he didn't find anything of intrest he will move to that hidden spot he noticed earlier.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

"I'll go find her. Damn, but that old man was a difficult bastard. What kind of mortician is that hard to kill?" Silas leaves the group with that thought as he heads toward the last direction he saw Suny going.

Heading generally in the direction of the courtyard, picking up her blades on the way.


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Suny lays back on the grass, hands behind her head, looking up and happily watching the stars.

She giggles as two things fly over head.

"Birdies!"


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle goes down to the old mortician, "There's more to this than just this old man." She joins in the search, but apart from the man's weapon, she finds nothing of interest. She get up and follows Silas out, seeing Suny lying down looking at the sky calling for birdies she goes up and slaps Suny across the face. "Snap out of it, we've got business to attend to."

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Unarmed Strike 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 Non-lethal damage 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

At Karsielle looming over her, followed by the sudden sting upon her face, Suny's eyes grow even wider in shock.

She bolts upright,

"W-Whut happened?! What am I doin' out here?!" She bounces to her feet and stares at her companions.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"Thinking about taking a nap? I'm sure Artued or one of his critters did you in, but we finished off Artued. Let's go see what he's hiding."


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Suny stumbles after the others...still in shock about how things have gone all 'Topsy-turvy'...


Bloody finds a nice dagger MW dagger, and a nice amulet around his neck amulet of natural armor +1. He also has several gold pieces in a pouch 287.

Where would everyone like to explore next?

Bloody:
The middle table in the room you are in is where you saw the suspicious seam in the masonry earlier in the day. You look there with a little bit of light from Karseille's source and can still see it. Someone with a disable device skill may need to inspect it, otherwise you could just try fiddling with it yourself.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Flag was getting nicked a lot in that fight, so I'm fine if he takes it. If he's planning on staying out of trouble, Silas, Suny or I should probably take it instead.

"Let's see what's in the room where Artued was hiding."


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle holds a symbol of a wasp, and holds her dagger up as it immediately glows with a white light. "As you wish Mishael."

Cast light on dagger


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

If anybody wants the amulet or the dagger let me know, Bloody will inform all of you about them and we'll split up gold after we leave. I'm cool with anyone that really wants it.

Bloody moves over to the seam in the masonry and waves the group over to him. "Hey come look at this, are any of you good at working on traps and other such devices?" Bloody looks over the seam trying to figure out how it works.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"Afraid I don't know a thing about them. I was rather hoping that might have been among your many talents."

You planning on trying to stay out of combat or mixing it up? I think you got a little unlucky with Artued and that tight room.


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

Carefully pulling Suny along, having already returned her weapons to her, Silas raises an eyebrow as he enter the mortuary room again. "Dousing this place in light doesn't make it any - hello, secret stairway, what are you doing here?" Without a moment's notice, he begins investigating the fissure beneath the table.

Disable Device:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

"If you pry right about here, you'll see this little trigger here just peeking out. Use a dagger, about a foot long, and press inward..."


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"Hmmm, well done Silas. Well done. Let's see what Artued is hiding down there."


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Suny's head continues to hang in shame. She stands, slouching ready though, to defend the party.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle puts her arm round Suny, "No one blames you Suny, it was those damn bats, they seemed to spook you more than the rest of us. Who knows, next time you might end up the hero." She looks around, "Before we all go down there, shouldn't we make sure that our way back is safe. If we have to get out quick, we don't want to run into Atrued's accomplices seeking revenge. I think we should ensure the preparation room be checked before we go down." She looks at her friends as they look intent on the discoveries below.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"You're right Karsielle. I'm too anxious to get to the bottom of this. Do you think we should check the whole complex or just that other room?"


Y'all are doing great, just let me know what you decide.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

"Who knows what else is around up here, but I think that with the preparation room and courtyard clear, we may be safe enough? There are no absolutes in this game with the unknown." a concerned Karsielle says, as her adrenalin causes her body to start to shake nervously. Yet she holds herself together, able to concentrate on the conversations around her.

Turning to her special friend Suny, she says in her ear, "Nows your chance to redeem yourself and show fearlessness opening the door to the preparation room."


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Mishael prepares herself for the approach to the preparation room.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

Bloody may stay clear of the fight, so which ever tank wants it can have the amulet or we could give it to Karsielle since she has the lowest AC.

"We should be cleared from up there, so which one of you want to lead on? If you wish for me to try the Artued disguise again I will since we know we won't run into him, but I think we should move fast cause I don't know if those creatures will somehow alert there other friends." Bloody studies Artued just incase his friends wish he go back with the guise.


I made a new map. I noticed it wasn't very clear that there is a room under the office that the group as not been in to yet. The entrance to it is the door next to Karsielle. Artued took everyone into the Supply Room earlier, it had the glass box and chemical smell inside of it.

Map


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Suny hugs Karsielle back and her smile flickers again upon her features. She looks to where Silas is looking into the newly discovered 'Sekrit place'.

"T'weren't th' birdies whut done me in. I jus' got this overwhelmin' hankerin' t'see th' sky..." She tries to explain what happened during the fight.

Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24(To have a gander at what Silas has discovered)

(^_^)


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle standing next to the door to a room she can't remember visiting last time here, slowly tries to turn the handle, ever so quietly and ever so slowly. Her ears listen for a sudden click as the catch loosens itself, or that feeling when the resistance to movement dissipates. At that point she slowly turns the catch on the door back to its original point.

Assuming the door could be opened:

"Its open, this door is open! I say we look inside. Suny you ready to burst in there?"

Door doesn't open:

"Can't get in there, the doors locked. Anyone able to door step"


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Forgot to roll in the post.....
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 to listen at the door, as she turns the handle and after.


Karsielle places her hand on the door handle to the room on the furthest wall and begins to open it before stopping and placing an ear to the surface of the door. Not hearing anything she pulls the lever down and the door opens.

The light spills into the room and shows some kind of storage area with plain dirt floors. About a third of the room is stacked floor to ceiling with empty coffins. A set of wide sliding double doors opening to the outside courtyard is padlocked shut.

Map

I show the supply room also since you all have been in there earlier today.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Stepping just inside the room, Karsielle looks around the dusty room, to see if any creature might lurk there. She sees the tower of coffins and decides to stay clear of that part of the room, nothing can be there surely. She turns her back on the room and exits saying, "Nothing in there except a pile of empty coffins." and shuts the door behind her.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"All right, ugly buddies must not work at night or are down below. Let's go. Flag, I do think you should go disguised as Artued. You never know who we might run into."


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

"No, the other door, behind you? Is that room free from Artued's friends? You know the Supply Room. Suny you're by the door, feel like taking a look inside?" Karsielle reminds her friends as she smooths her leather armor down, being close to her body.


So are you going to scout the rest of the complex or see what is behind the secret door (table)?


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

I think we're in agreement on the door/table, but anyone can speak up that disagrees.


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Well.....*Shrug* table works!! (^_^)


Silas Vayn wrote:
"If you pry right about here, you'll see this little trigger here just peeking out. Use a dagger, about a foot long, and press inward..."

Silas works the trigger and the table and its base come loose from the wall a few inches. A few of you pull on the table and it slides out surprisingly easily. With the surgical table out of the way, a narrow and dark staircase dives steeply into the ground below.

Very dark, so a light source will be needed unless someone has darkvision. Oh yeah, PLEASE LEVEL UP YOUR CHARACTERS TO 4TH LEVEL!


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

Bloody tips his hat on his head and suddenly his features turn back into Artued as he looks down at his double, he says "Thank you for killing that pathetic copy of me, haha." He'll put on the amulet for now, and moves to open the hidden door.

Disguise:1d20 + 21 ⇒ (18) + 21 = 39


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"Well played Flag." She looks down into the staircase. "I can see in the dark, but I fear the rest of you probably need a light. Howcwould you prefer to proceed?"


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

"No, the other door, behind you? Is that room free from Artued's friends? You know the Supply Room. Suny you're by the door, feel like taking a look inside?" Karsielle reminds her friends as she smooths her leather armor down, being close to her body. "Quickly before we all go under the table"


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Suny nods, grinning happily and glad to be making up at now being useful to make up for her previous gaff, and skips over to peer inside the indicated room. She opens the door and looks inside, (^_^)

Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

And awaiting Dm's exposition of what is lurkling within said room...


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Artued" waits for Suny and Karsielle to finish checking that room, while they are checking that he suggests to Mishael, "If we wish not to give away our position down there then I'll cast message on us and you can sneak a little behind me and be my eyes?" He looks back down at dead Artued and comments, "Since we don't know if he need light or not, if you all don't think this a good idea then I can light up a torch or have Miss Karsielle give me a light."


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Mishael waits with Flag. "That should work. I'll be right over your shoulder. If we run into any trouble, you can go for a light and I'll hold it off."


"Suny" wrote:

And awaiting Dm's exposition of what is lurkling within said room...

Sunny looks into the supply room and doesn't see anyone inside.


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

How's about any 'Shiny'...? (^_~)

"Nup, nuthin' there!" Suny declares to her friends and skips back to join them. (^_^)


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

"Oh good, then we're relatively safe to continue"


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Sunsy nods. "Yup, I din't see no one lurkin' about in the space." She grins happily, sliding an arm around Karsielle though Suny's attention is once again upon the newly discovered 'Secret opening' and the stairs leading downwards.. Suny glances at her friends.

'Whut's up stairs?" She asks quietly.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Aruted" presses the tips of fingers together, "Excellent, let us proceed downstairs then." He nods to Mishael and quietly moving down the stairs.

Stealth:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Mishael slips down the stairs, a few feet behind Flag.
Stealth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

"Well Suny, when I went upstairs there's a nice view point, and old dusty office and Artued's bedroom with a rather nice balcony over a pretty little garden. The bedroom is the only one I'd worry about, but with Artued laid to rest here, I'm sure it won't be a problem." say Karsielle as she returns the hug. Then pointing to the stairs, with a little bow she says "After you" as they take up the rear position in the party a little way behind. She prays and light shines from her dagger, which she half sheathes to dim its brightness.

About 25ft behind Mishael, cast light on dagger and descend.


Artist Image: Link: HP26/26|Perc+6|Init+3|AC:17(Defensive:21)Touch:13,FF:14|CMB:16|Fort+4,Ref+6,Will+2|

Suny nods at Karsielle's explanation and moves to skip along behind Mishael...


The group starts to make their way down the steep stairs. Mishael is able to see ahead for a short distance but doesn't notice anything remarkable. The stairs keep descending as far as she can see. About 60' down for now.

I am assuming the order is Mishael, Bloody, Silas, Suny, and then Karsielle. Suny, Silas, and Karsielle, please give me Stealth checks.

The group continues moving down into the narrow passage, and the steps begin to feel a little moist.
Mishael, another perception please. Everyone, another Stealth check for this round.

1,051 to 1,100 of 2,091 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Sinvel's A Pound of Flesh in Freeport! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.