Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Sinvel's A Pound of Flesh in Freeport!

Game Master Sinvel Menter


1 to 50 of 2,086 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Having decided to follow up on an offer for work, you find yourself approaching one of the more run down looking establishments in the Eastern District. Freeport has its share of truly forsaken buildings, and the Eastern district is far from the well-appointed dwellings of the Merchant District, but most buildings in this area are at least somewhat taken care of.

A sign swings on one hing back and forth in the breeze. You squint and care barely make out some words through the flaked paint on it enough to put together the name: Gentleman John's. You have a feeling that it has been quite a while since any gentlemen have frequented this bar. The wind wips up again, bringing with it the salty air filled with dead fish and gull droppings from The Docks to the south, and you decide to enter.

The place is almost vacant at this time of day, and you see someone sitting at a table on the far wall almost in an alcove. Laying on his table is a gold-colored flute and you remember the wanted advertisment you are answering which called for "Capabul persons of good intelekt" followed by "Golden flute at Gentleman John's mid afternoon" followed by "good pay". Looks like you made it to the right place.

An older man with only a few teeth lifts his head up from the table as you approach. "Ahhhhrggh...so you'd like ter find some work, were ya?" he says through squinted eyes in this fairly dark room. His breath reeks of cheap swill and he doesn't look well at all.

You have all decided to answer an ad that sounded interesting. Come on in and get acquainted with each other. A good description of what each of you look like and what you're wearing would be good.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Mishael, a lean woman with bronze skin and red-orange hair and fiery red eyes walks confidently into Gentleman John's. Spotting the old man with the golden flute, she begins to make her way back to the table while looking around the room. She's wearing leathers glistening with metal beads and a cutlass strapped to her side. A sash with countless pockets hangs across her chest and a battered tankard swings from her belt.

Perception Check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Approaching the table and hearing his greeting, Mishael replies "Aye, old man. I might be interested in your work, especially if it proves...interesting. Tell me more."


As you enter the tavern you notice the putrid smell of vomit permiating the room. The furniture is of various styles, none of it matching. Next to an unlit fireplace stands an 8' high statue of a pirate, which is badly mangled and pitted. More than a few knives and axes buried in various parts of the torso. There are no other customers, the only person who appears to be working is a boy standing behind the bar spit polishing the inside of a tankard.

"Well ain't ye a fancy lass? Aye, I do be havin' some good work fer ye, if ye`re able." he says before stopping to cough. "Have a seat and get yer a drink. We will get more swabbies comin' soon I`d say. I ain't gonna tell all of yous more than once. Work might be interesting, pays better than it should though."


Perc:+9,

DM Sinvel:
So, I am assuming we have separate and 'safer' rooms elsewhere in town then? (^_~)

The tall figure halts in the doorway, one leg left raised as if in readiness for flight.

Character Illustration:Island Elf(link)

As the Elf's large eyes seem to grow more accustomed to the change in illumination, she steps fully into the tavern. Dressed only in a shift and skirt, with a wide leather belt of some sort around her slender hips, it is not immediately apparent as to how she has avoided some of the more 'predatory' inhabitants of this part of town.

Though as she walks closer, the paired short swords that are sheathed in their scabbards across the middle of her back show that she is armed, enough to make any would be aggressors think at least twice.

As she she moves across the room, (Will Save:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2) Her hands seem to reflexively grasp as her fingers dance at her sides.

Arcane Knowledge Check, DC10:
Casting 'Prestidigitation' as she goes to help with the smell and 'things' which may have been left upon the floor.

As she steps up to the fellow behind his table her clothes are noticeably even more 'minimalist' than at first glance. The shirt is some thing made of faded thin canvas and the 'skirt' is no more than a large man's shirt wrapped and tied about her waist and thighs. She tilts her head in greeting to the other woman who has arrived before her.

"G'day t' ye." She says directly to the man however, "I be hearin' about some...venture, with th' tellin's of pay t' be had?" She asks, some-what directly, still standing as she awaits a response or offers to be seated. Weight resting on one leg, hand upon one hip. Said hand noticeably within casual reach of a sword hilt.

Hello! G'day t' ye an' glad I am t' meet'cha! Here's t' ADVENTURE! (^_^)


"Well I`ll be, eyeball that! I ortin' ta put ou' help wanted ads more often!" the old man says as he slowly stands in a lame attempt at courtesy. "And how about them blades. I dasn't be havin' t' ask if ye be capable o' usin' them either. Please pull up a chair lassy."

He stares for a moment with a dumb smile on his face, then shakes his head a bit. "John! Get yer arse o'er here an' help these two fine ladies! They need them some drinks!"


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

The door gives off a long creak as it opens slowly and suddenly a light crack of thunder could be heard., everyone looks at the doorway to see a tall and lean figure standing there draped in a blood stained flag and clutching a long sword’s scabbard in his left hand. As he drifts towards the bar, rumors of the killer Bloody Flag trail behind him in whispers. As he gets closer to people they can see he is lightly equipped, but still in air of fear generates in the way he moves. A red bandana covers the lower part of his face, and his intense eyes almost look like dark voids with the stare he gives. His wild black hair flows all over and parts of his face are covered in fresh blood. He stops at the old man, after seeing the flute he gives an intimidating scowl towards the bar flies. Then brings his attention back to the man with flute and smacks his hand on the table and says in a muffled dark tone ”…Work….”. He will just stare him down.

DM only:
Crack of thunder was my Ghost sounds as loud as I could, Perform(acting) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 to make the stride other worldly if I’m able too.
The blood is from the butchers slaughter house to give off the illusion he was just in a fight Disguise:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Then Intimidate the crowd with my Scowl 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27.
Then an Intimidate to the old man as I ask for work. 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17


Perc:+9,

Suny blinks at the opening of the door. (The Tavern actually had one?) and watches the...figure...stalk across the room.

As He comes to stand before the fellow offering shiny's, Suny both leans back -away from the gore painted figure -as well as takes a keen interest.

perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Her fingers also continue to dance and weave, though now more in the direction of the newest addition to the establishment. (Yes, more of Suny's magic being spread about. (^_^) )


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Mishael involuntarily takes a short step back, pauses for a moment, and then shaking her head swears "Sweet Barleybrew! If that ain't Bawdy Flag..."

Stepping back up to the table, she reaches for her hip, sweeps the tankard off her belt with a flourish and slams it down on the table next to Bloody Flag's hand. "John, I'll take a black rum. Old man, let's talk about that work. It just got interestin'."

Mishael drops into a chair next to the old man, tips back in her seat and sweeps her boots onto the table. Then, with a dismissive glance toward the elf says "Honey, you're surely out of your league. You best get your bum back to Kafe Ilkin to sing pretty songs with the pretty boys.

Waving her hand at Bloody Flag, she says "Black Flag, you simply must have a seat darlin'. I can't wait to hear your story. But first, let's hear about your work old man."


Perc:+9,

At the woman's words, 'The Elf' raises an eyebrow.

"An' jus' whut do it be 'at makes ye be so dismissive o' a kin such as me?" Suny asks casually, turning a little and eying the bar to gander at what else they have on offer to drink. Then to the fellow with the flute,

"Also, whut do it be that yer offerin shiny fer th' doin' of?" She gives him a smile as well. =)


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

With a annoyed growl Bloody Flag takes a seat, then looks at the old man again and says in his dark tone"Whats.....the.....job."


I'm still waiting for the other two to show up. Looks like he is intimidated now so I suppose he'll spill his guts.

John the barkeep growls as he turns around and walks back to the bar. He was on his way with two dented-up mugs of some type of beverage before he heard Mishael ask for some black rum.

Suny looks for other types of drink behind the sparse bar but can only see five barrels of ale. John picks up a bottle of some cloudy looking liquid and pours it into a small cup and brings the two drinks back to the table, setting them down. He looks nervously at his new blood-covered patron.

The old man begins "Yes, well...th' job. `Tis fairly simple really. I need ye all t' find a feller fer me. Seems he has disappeared without a word to t' ere."

"John, get me a hair o' th' dog...an' get this man here one too. Maybe a rag too fer his face. Put it on me bill." He stops for another cough, and spits out a wheeze-induced phlegm-filled substance on the floor. "My name be Jack Pepper, but I go by Pepper t' sea dogs an' land lubbers around here. What ye say we do some introductions?"


Could you all help me out and show me what numbers go into your skills on your character sheets? Suny did a good job, maybe use her way as a go-by.

Kazmir:
I think you have one too many in Intimidate. (I got 11: 1+rank, +3 class, +3 Cha, +3 SF, +1 Streetwise)


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

A weary but capable looking young man enters the room, peering about as if he'd seen a ghost, his blonde hair disheveled. Upon seeing Bloody Flag here, he whistles in appreciation. I thought I'd find some interesting work here, but hell, if I'd known I'd be working with Bloody Flag here, maybe I'd have come in a bit sooner."

The man wears an old chain shirt underneath a sailor's jerkin and a tattered, long naval coat. Most of the color has been robbed from it by mud and sun, painting the image of the man that of a general brown tone. His boots, at least, are in fine repair, and make little sound as he crosses the room. He wears a dagger in each boot and another at his right side. His left is occupied by a longsword, shaped like a long cutlass

As he sits, he calls for the house brew. "Looks like I'll be working up quite the thirst here. So, old man, what are we waiting on?"


Pepper looks up to Silas as he takes the day's first sip of the previous night's poison. "Aye, lad, 'ave a seat." he says as he pushes a flimsy chair in Silas' direction. "This be definitely a fine bunch, but we will add another. Canna be havin' too many if, by chance, ye run into one o' them gangs o' hoodlums that hang on ever' corner. I think five o' ya will do fine. Ah, here comes someone else now."

As the latest candidate walks into the door it becomes apparent to all that this one isn't cut out for much beyond swabbing the floor. Looking no older than 16, he has poor clothing and no visible armor. A shortsword that is in bad need of repair hangs in his belt.

As he approaches the table, he isn't able to mutter more than an "I'm here for the..." before Pepper lets into him. "out o' here, boy! Ye ain`t cut ou' fer th' kind o' work I got!"

"Well, looks like we`ll be waitin' a bit longer."


Perc:+9,

Thank'e DM Sinvel

DM Sinvel wrote:

At Kazmir's prompting, the old man begins "Yes, well...th' job. `Tis fairly simple really. I need ye all t' find a feller fer me. Seems he has disappeared without a word to t' ere."

"John, get me a hair o' th' dog...an' get this man here one too. Maybe a rag too fer his face. Put it on me bill." He stops for another cough, and spits out a wheeze-induced phlegm-filled substance on the floor.

"My name be Jack Pepper, but I go by Pepper t' sea dogs an' land lubbers around here. What ye say we do some introductions?" He then pauses as another presence comes into the room.

"Aye, lad, 'ave a seat." He says as he pushes a flimsy chair in Silas' direction.

"This be definitely a fine bunch, but we will add another. Canna be havin' too many if, by chance, ye run into one o' them gangs o' hoodlums that hang on ever' corner. I think five o' ya will do fine. Ah, here comes someone else now." As the latest candidate walks into the door it becomes apparent to all that this one isn't cut out for much beyond swabbing the floor. Looking no older than 16, he has poor clothing and no visible armor. A shorts-word that is in bad need of repair hangs in his belt. As he approaches the table, he isn't able to mutter more than an

"I'm here for the..." Before Pepper lets into him.

"Out o' here, boy! Ye ain`t cut ou' fer th' kind o' work I got!"

"Well, looks like we`ll be waitin' a bit longer."

Suny nods to the Silas as the man joins them, also offering a cheery grin to the 'Boy' who is given perhaps a shorter shrift than need be by Pepper.

She picks up on Pepper's question about who's and where fores. Folding her bare brown legs beneath herself upon her chair as she accepts whatever mug of drink is placed before her.

"M' name be 'Suny' in th' name o' th' folk here abouts an' I hale from a place a tad further away than t'others ye've gathered." She nods and smiles kindheartedly at every one. Indicating herself and her rather spare garb with which she has presented herself she continues, "I must admit t' only comin' along in me more 'relaxed' stuff. Ye're missive said nuthin' about sailin wi' any tides...." She points out to Pepper.

"As few whut I c'n do? Hold m'elf in'a fight fer one an' maybe most important." She indicates the short swords at her back and then waves her fingers with a hum at Kazmir and her minor arcane powers help make his demeanor a little more 'presentable'.

"Like most o' m' kin, I've a touch o' th' gift as well." She explains. "Nothin' fancy though...And finally, I be a of a kin who're at home on'a sand an' in'a surf." She sits back and takes a sample of the grog, though still watching the others reactions.

"It c'n make fer...interestin'..tactics if'n it come t' boardin' actions." She suggests.

(^_^)


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Mishael slowly rocks back and forth on the chair. She grabs the offered cup, takes a deep sniff of the rum...

Perception check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Not smelling a thing, she tips the cup into her tankard and proceeds to have a drink of the questionable beverage.

"Names Mishael folks. Y'all can call me Misha."

Taking a dubious look at Suny she drawls, "Hey Suny, you sure you don't want to run off w' the little boy? Swords don't make the swordsman. Though I must admit, that little trick might eventually make Bleak Flag here presentable in public."

Taking a look over Silas's naval coat she asks, "So, what's your story sailor? Grab a drink and tell us more while we wait for whoever the old man's expecting."


Perc:+9,
Mishael wrote:

"Names Mishael folks. Y'all can call me Misha."Taking a dubious look at Suny she drawls,

"Hey Suny, you sure you don't want to run off w' the little boy? Swords don't make the swordsman. Though I must admit, that little trick might eventually make Bleak Flag here presentable in public." Taking a look over Silas's naval coat she asks,

"So, what's your story sailor? Grab a drink and tell us more while we wait for whoever the old man's expecting."

Not wanting the other woman's comment to slide Suny chirps up,

"Th' fact I in't a feller then be a much better mark fer me usin' me sharp an' pointy-s, hey? As fer time spent wi' others? I'll be relaxin' aplenty when we's got our share o' shiny." She glances in the direction the lad has gone,

"A'sides...how d'ye know th' lad be little?" She asks quietly with a mischievous wink in Mishael's direction. Then looks to Silas Vayn with a nod.(^_~)


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"They call me Bloody Flag, rumors dip into my dark soul but the truths would drive you insane. That’s all you need to know about me." He sits and broods as we wait for the last member.

DM Snivel:
Added where the points come from for my skills. When you added up his intimidate you forgot his +2 from persuasive feat. Let me know if you need me to change anything.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

With a wicked smirk at Suny, Mishael replies, "Oh sweetie. You think you need gold to get a man? You're not that plain. As for the boy, I guess you just had eyes for his sword and ass and didn't notice those tiny feet. Perhaps you should stick around. You might learn something."

Turning to Bloody Flag she laughs, "Ha! Well, the rumors of your charming disposition are certainly true. I guess we'll see about your soul."


Perc:+9,

Suny just shakes her head a little, wiggling into a slightly more comfy position upon her chair as they await any stragglers who're to join the group.


Misha sips her drink cautiously and finds that she can't quite place what it contains. It may have some rum in it, but not very much. The others who drink the ale find that it, on the other hand, is fairly strong and bitter with a thick consistency.

Small talk continues for a while before Pepper starts to look as restless as the rest of the group. "Well, let`s get started. Like I spake earlier, ye`ll be lookin' fer a gent. Dasn't know what happened t' th' lad's, but he be missin' fer nearly a week now an' none o' th' bodies they be havin' pulled ou' o' th' water so far (Knowledge local) appear t' be th' his."

The cities biggest party of the year, Swagfest, happened about a week ago. Swagfest is an annual holiday in Freeport to celebrate the time long ago when pirate lords actually ruled the city. Two famous pirates, Captain Drac and Captain Francisco, joined forces and went on a three month raid called The Great Raid and returned to the city with untold riches.


Perc:+9,

Knowledge Local:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

"Oh yeah..." Suny exclaims. (Insert possible DM exposition here. (^_~) )


Knowledge Local DC 10:
It is not an uncommon occurrence to find dead bodies floating in the water near the vast network of docks that line the southern edge of Freeport's border with the sea.


Perc:+9,

Uh, that seems t' be a tad on'a short side o' knowin' things, oh Master DM, Sir....Y'know, given th' place's penchant fer skullduggery an' all....Jus' sayin'....(¬_¬)

"So, we find this feller an' then....?" Suny asks, sipping at her ale...


"Suny" wrote:

Uh, that seems t' be a tad on'a short side o' knowin' things, oh Master DM, Sir....Y'know, given th' place's penchant fer skullduggery an' all....Jus' sayin'....(¬_¬)

It was just a low DC to know what Pepper was referring to about bodies in the water, not much else.


Perc:+9,

Aye, so whut's the shrift o' th' deal fer us t' be gettin' th' shinys, then? (^_^)


"So, aye. If ye find th' lad's an' brin' th' lad's aft alive ye get 5,000 dubloon t' split amongst yourselves. If he happens t' be dead, then ye get 2,000 t' return his body. That simple." Pepper says, looking each of you in the eye.


Perc:+9,

Will Save:1d20 ⇒ 15

Suny blinks, nods and stands. Reaching a sun browned arm towards Pepper, she offers for him to shake,

"Aye, we have an accord." She says. Then after they've shaken to seal the deal, Suny steps back and awaits the others to have their say and make their piece.


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

"Well lady, it isn't really much of a story. Father was a naval officer, mother was, well, very friendly for the right price. Don't be bothered by it, I ain't. Spent my early years playing in filthy alleyways with beggar children. Grew up on stories of navy life from the times that dear old dad stopped by, and enlisted when I came of age. Didn't take too long for me to decide that I didn't like all that strict military life, though, and got myself discharged soon enough afterwards. Somehow, I found myself a place here in Freeport as a problem solver, I guess you could say. Most of the time I hunt men down and bring 'em back, but sometimes they just want the people dead."

Silas takes a long drink, and nods in satisfaction. "Finest cheap swill I've had in quite a while. Excellent stuff."


Perc:+9,

Suny takes note of Sila's words, but does nothing more as she awaits every one else's actions/reactions.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"What’s this garbage look like? I buried my blade in a man earlier today, the corpse is close." He lets out an evil chuckle, "I could use some easy money." Bloody Flagg just stares down Pepper, trying to force out information.
Intimidate:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

DM_Only:
Bluff roll on lying about killing somebody today.
Bluff:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Let me know if you want me to do this stuff a different way.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Glancing at Silas, Mishael remarks, "Interesting. Might have a problem, we could work on together if this all works out."

Turning back to Pepper, Mishael looks him right in the eye and says, "Aye old man. I'm in. I'll help ya find the lad, but I agree with Blue Flag here. Perhaps you better start with a little more about his name, or what he looks like, or where ya last saw 'im."

And then, with a turn to Bloody Flag she grins, "Or maybe we just start with your dead man?"


Perc:+9,

Suny sighs and mutters, "No call on propriety, these mob..." She shifts from foot to foot (Crossing one arm over her front to hug a shoulder and the other around her back to hug her waist.) as she waits a little longer for developments to unfold.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

At last a woman covered in exotic eastern flowing gowns enters the bar, most definitely out of place in this bar. Her nose is held aloft as she sniffs and looks down on the surroundings. The yellow and orange chiffon head gear covers what looks like soft golden hair. On her shoulders a well made gown, sweeps down to the floor, offering glimpses of a shapely and long legged figure underneath. Around her neck, she wear a necklace of semi-precious stones, jet and amber which holds at its end the body of wasp captured in a large amber stone. She appears to have no weapons showing, yet as she walks towards the group, it is with the confidence of one who knows how to look after herself. All eyes in the bar follow her, yet she seems happy, almost pleased to have been noticed by everyone.

"Such a wretched place, even for a port such as this. I nearly didn't come, but there may be something in it for me, so here I am. You may call me 'my lady Karsielle'" then looking down at the man with the flute, her eyes sparkle and twinkle and her mouth gives the faint suggestion of a smile, "Though I doubt your reward is enough gold to make me happy, it maybe fun to travel with those you have gathered to your table."

Her eyes, as blue and bright as the sapphires of the ancient worlds, rich deep and enticing, take in each one of you in turn. As her gaze falls on your face, you know you are being weighed up and assessed, but for what ends, you cannot tell.

As she looks a 'Bloody Flag', a long and slender leg appears through the crack in the gown, tight black boots encase her leg, up above her knee, then as soon as it appears the sight is gone, and the tip of a leather whip appears. She addresses 'Black Flag', "One day, maybe I shall count you as a friend." see smiles at him, her thin ruby lips tighten revealing beautiful white teeth.

To the rest she seems almost to treat you with disdain, and continues, "and I look forward to joining you all in this .... " her voice deepens as she says questioningly "adventure."

Suddenly she turns away, raises a slender arm in the air and snaps her fingers, "Wine, if its bareable to drink." When the wine arrives, she says a few words and touches the goblet, before sniffing and tasting the awful liquid.

Casts Purify food and drink on the wine, to take the worst of the impurities from it.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17 includes charming trait on Pepper.

DM:

If there's a chance the Karsielle would know of the man to be found, and his whereabouts would interest Karsielle's elven society, then it would make her reason for joining this group of adventurers very worthwhile. If that's possible, can we roll with it?

Making headway on the character sheet should be ready soon, skills should be about right.


"His name be Captain Montrose an' he be somewhat o' a unique lookin' gentl'man. He be very large, maybe near 300 pounds, an' tall, standin' somewhere between a 6 an' 7 feet. He has nay hair on top his head, but sports a large bushy beard on his face. He be usually dressed in fine red clothin' wi' two large hoop earrings danglin' from his ears." Pepper stops then asks Bloody Flag with a wink "This sound like th' poor fella ye jus' tookst down?"

"Although its possible that he would change his appearance once he got t' runnin' th' streets. Maybe disguise hisself, change his clothes or somethin'. He be last seen by his crew rowin' ou' t' Freeport from his ship docked half a league ou' in th' port, goin' ou' fer a night on th' town by hisself." he says before stopping to take a large gulp of ale.

"His first mate done look through th' jails o' th' Watch, but he ain`t thar. Although 'tis possible they tookst th' lad's somewhere special, him bein' a pearl merchant an' all."

Knowledge Local DC 15:
Once every few months, a pearl merchant sails into Freeport's harbor. In recent years, pearls have become an invaluable part of the city’s underground economy. Like gemstones, pearls are widely accepted as currency throughout the wards and have quickly become the favored currency of those who don’t want their finances tracked or taxed.

They never dock ashore and aren’t bound to the city’s taxation laws. Acting in part as floating pawnshops, they deal in all coins tendered, as well as weapons, jewelry, and other goods. They purchase coins and goods in pearls, thus easily laundering thousands in gold pieces each year and earning them the wrath of the city Watch.

OK, we're all here! Feel free to ask Pepper more questions.

Bloody Flag:
You're good doing it like that. Works for me.

Karsielle:
You know of Captain Montrose. You have met him before as you visited his ship to launder some gold for someone at the elven society as a previous job. He seemed like a jolly fellow. Fairly nice and jovial. That's all you really know about him.

Suny:
What are the random Will saves for?


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"All right Pepper! A few questions...what's your relationship to this Captain Montrose that makes him worth 5000 doubloons to ya? What do ya know about his favored drinking establishments? And who's his first mate and where can we find him?"

She takes a glance at the dubious rum and asks, "And, what makes you think he might be on the run?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Perc:+9,

DM Sinvel:
It be fer me t' be holdin' th' thoughts in me head, as opposed t' givin' 'em voice an' a probable load o' unpleasantness comein' abouts. =)

Suny nods at Pepper's description of Montrose and as the rest of the details come to light she adds her knowledge of the local customs to build up a better picture in her mind.

She nods and smiles at the last woman who's entered, though her gaze also sweeps around the rest of the tavern as well as she 'keeps an eye' on the Bartender and the young lad who also offered his services.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

"Hmm...so th' feller be involved in pearls..." Suny muses quietly, "Well, that done opens up a whole barrel o' kippers..." Her lips purse in thought. Then she blinks and glances at the others,

"Does this mean we've all got an accord?" She asks, "I dun't actually see any one else give they word, nor shake on it.' She points out.

DM Sinvel:
Now is the time Suny would be making a sense motive check, to see who might be going for a weapon as opposed to a hand shake. (^_~) Sense Motive:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Meh..(-_-)


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

Knowledge(local):1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

He gives Karsielle an intrested look to her comment then catches himself and quickly focuses back to Pepper.
"The lad that met my blade was not this Captain."He replies to Pepper. He looks over at Suny and says "I haven't left or killed this man that shows my acceptance of this job, elf."


Perc:+9,
Kazmir "Bloody Flag" Voltiss wrote:
He looks over at Suny and says "I haven't left or killed this man that shows my acceptance of this job, elf."

Suny just raises an eyebrow, "Oh good-O! Wouldn't want t' rush ye. I've gots a long life ahead o' me, not sure whether t'other folks mind waitin..." She smiles sweetly at Kazmir,

"Y'know, th' feller we's goin' t' be lookin' fer could be high tailin' it even farther away while we wait." She holds up a hand, "Agin, not t' rush ye, or nuthin'..." She looks away now seeming bored,

"Th' heavens forbid folks show a touch o' civility..." She mutters.

(^_^)

Whut's th' young-ish lad doin'? DM Sinvel.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"Hey Suny, since you can seem to keep your eyes off the door that banged that little boy in the tail, why don't you go track him down and see if he has any leads. I think I heard he was headed for Bloodsalt. We'll meet up with you tonight at Krom's Throat." Mishael leans back in her chair and turns back to Pepper.

"Well Pepper, seems you've got four steady hands that know their way about Freeport and one just off the boat. You know Freeport's not the best place to run off without a little more background. Tell us a little more about Montrose's story..."


Happy Fathers Day to all the dads playing! I'm spending the day with my girls and will get Peppers answers to you tomorrow.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Happy Dad's Day GM Sinvel! I'll be in London the next few days so my posting may be a little irregular for a bit.


Perc:+9,
Mishael wrote:
"Hey Suny, since you can seem to keep your eyes off the door that banged that little boy in the tail, why don't you go track him down and see if he has any leads. I think I heard he was headed for Bloodsalt. We'll meet up with you tonight at Krom's Throat." Mishael leans back in her chair and turns back to Pepper.

"Aye, well I be meanin' t' catch up wi' th' feller, if jus' t' see whut his interest were." Suny nods to Mishael. "I'll compare charts with ye t'nigh, then?" She turns and skips off with a cheery smile, a jaunty wave and a swish of skirt.

DM Snivel:
So, yes trying to catch up with the lad and see what information/reason he has in wanting to find said Captain Montrose. Knowledge Local:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17(To catch up with the lad and not have anything too untoward catch up with Suny! (^_^) )

A late Happy Father's Day from the far side of the world! (^_^)


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle, moves back and watches. Turning to Silas she whispers in his ear, "It seems these 'ladies' have things under control. So handsome, shall we be earning some gold together on this?" She winks, "I hope so." The waft of sweet perfume leaves Silas, as her head moves away. She looks back, before directing her questions to Pepper.

"Cap'n Pepper", she reaches over, letting her perfume swirl into his nostrils. "It seems my compatriots have the right questions, but other than the guard, who was Captain Montrose upsetting this time. I'm sure his business might not be all it should be, so who do you think is interested in making him disappear?"

Oh and a belated Father's Day, although I'm postponing mine for a week until next Saturday when I'll be off to see my daughter for some special family time. Only a few weeks to go before she graduates.


"Well, that`s jus' it. Captain Montrose has nay reason nay t' return t' his ship. He has mounds o' laundered treasure thar, what wi' th' lad's bein' a pearl merchant an' all. Now th' fact that he launders treasure make th' lad's o' interest t' th' Watch. Sea Lord Maeorgan dasn't exactly like losin' ou' on th' lass' share o' taxes."

"If you ask me he is a fool to go out into the city alone. But he is always wanting to show how brave he is. I've known him for a few years, but it is his first mate, Squinty, who is setting up the reward. I'm acting in his favor since he is scared to death about entering the city now that his captain has disappeared."

"As far as places he would go. Its been told that he frequents Th' Last Resort and Salon du Masque in The Merchant District. And The Black Rose tavern in the Old City."


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Mishael tips her chair back forward again, setting the legs back on the ground with a "THUD"

"Thanks Pepper. Have to agree with you about a man like this going into the city alone. Sounds like most of us are ready to do what we can to help you out."

Turning to Silas, she says, "Sounds like you have the most experience of any of us hunting down men...any more questions? If not, any thoughts on which of those spots might be best to start?"

Not waiting for an answer, she turns back to Pepper, "When we find this captain for you and Squinty, I take it we should get him back to his ship?"


Perc:+9,

DM Sinvel:
I hope I din't jus' write m'self out of yer game there.... >_> Still looking for hook up etc.


Suny:
Of course not! You're good!
Suny runs after the boy who just left Gentleman John's after being humiliated. It doesn't take her long to find him, he is crouched down in an alley across the street, sobbing.

When you approach him he recognizes you from the group and starts babbling "That old loaded t' th' gunwhales dasn't know I be nay cut ou' fer this type o' work! I be pretty capable myself. Plus, I need th' work. Me mom done port us an' me wee lassie sister be mighty sick. Some sort o' fever has had fer quite a while."

It's clear to you that this boy wouldn't be able to handle himself in any sort of scuffle. He is quite thin and his shoes have holes in them.

[ooc]He was just looking for some work since he was in bad need of money. He has never heard of Captain Montrose.


Perc:+9,

DM Sinvel:
Suny walks up to the lad and crouches down with him. "There, there now lad, no need t' fret." She says trying to console and cheer him up.

"What say we go an' have a gander at her sister, then I'll see how me funds are goin' an' we'll see t' gettin' some one t' look after her, hey?' She says standing and offering him a hand up.

"M'name be 'Suny' t' folk, since people tryin' t' say it th' Kin way tend t' either get it completely bummed about, or find it too long t' be callin' out in'a fight." She grins, "Whut is it ye're known by, then?" She asks as they begin to walk along. (So yes, a little side trip to sorting out and seeing to the sick waif. A good turn done now might have a good investment paying off in the future. (^_~) He may not have heard of Montrose, but there are other things he may have heard of/know about. This seems to be the kind of job to come at all 'sideways' like. Not rovin' in, ports open and broad-sides ablaze!


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

"So did Squinty know anything about Cap'n Montrose's current work, you nkow who he's been dealing with recently? Otherwise, it looks like we are on our way to seek out his movements." says the woman as she takes out s small mirror, looks into it and straightens her hair, tucking one or two strands that have fallen down, back into their rightful place.

1 to 50 of 2,086 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Sinvel's A Pound of Flesh in Freeport! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.