DM_Scholar's Kingmaker

Game Master Asmodeus' Advocate

April 19

Weather Description: Normal weather
Temperature: High 44°F(7°C) / Low 32°F(0°C)
Wind Speed: 8 mph (13 kph)


101 to 150 of 910 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard (Arcane Crafter) -- HP 11 : AC 12 CMD 12 TAC 12 FAC 10 : F+2 R+2 W+2 : INIT+6 Perc+0 CMB+0

"Well... if you think that would help, Guthruc, then I applaud your enthusiasm and can-do spirit!" Shemeska nods in approval at the well-laid trap. "Hopefully this will cause one of them to be taken out of the fight, and will enrage them enough to make them charge inside. We can wait inside for them."

Shemeska will seek out the barrel of oil and prepare several pints. He will politely request Oleg and Svetlana to participate in the fun by taking position on a rooftop of their choice, along with some flint/steel and a torch.

"Our opening volley can be spells, flame, and arrows -- followed by the lethal enthusiasm of our gold and green friends!"


Male Woodborn Seer 3; HP 24/24; AC 19/T15/FF 17; Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6; Init +6; Per +10; Spd 30 ft. CMB +4, CMD 16

Sorry for the delay, fell asleep in bed. How rude!

Awn will help Abaos with the net/rope, then with Oleg's permission "borrow" the hand axes and javelins to throw before charging. I was toying with the concept of Awn disguising himself as a branch in a woodpile or similar, but he isn't actually as well suited to that after all. Also though of "borrowing" the potions of shield of faith but not really sure Oleg would have pointed them out so specifically, nor, after Guthruc's attack on Svetlana, not exactly sure we can stretch the friendship that far...

Awn will hide near the wagon, ready to push it. Probably a good idea if Guthruc and Ior are with him, Guthruc to help push, and so both of them can be quitened and babysat while the roughs are riding/walking in...


All right! Looks like everyone is ready to rock and roll. I've got a battle map set up, which is Oleg's Trading Post except I drew over the wagon and moved it to the side of the map: you can position it where you want. Place your characters where they plan to be when the ambush is sprung, and other preparations (such as barrels of oil or nets) can also be placed where you think they'll be the most effective.

I'll be adding Oleg and Svetlana to the map in a moment. Svetlana is taking a torch and flint with her up onto the walls, in accordance with the master plan, but Oleg thinks that he should be on the ground to make sure that your quarry doesn't catch wind of their spectacular demise. I'll also be creating a block of text which I'll be putting in the cmpaign info that includes everyone's initiative, perception, AC, and sense motive. (If you declare that you're using sense motive, than you can roll it, but I like to give everyone a free roll whenever someone is lying to them whether the player suspects it or not.) If you could, double check my numbers for me?


Male Woodborn Seer 3; HP 24/24; AC 19/T15/FF 17; Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6; Init +6; Per +10; Spd 30 ft. CMB +4, CMD 16

Yup, I figured it was best to have Oleg as the "meet'n'greet" so they weren't totally suspicious something was up...

I'm also worried about fire and a wooden fort, but let's cross that burnt husk when we come to it...;)

Grand Lodge

M Ifrit HP: 15/15 AC: 17: FF: 14 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Reflex: 6 Will: -1 Attack: 7 Init: 9 Perception: -2 Sense Motive -2 Moments of Chance: 6/6 Luckbringer 2

Oh, the fire in a wooden fort is a terrible idea, but it's not like Abaos has the sense to determine this is a bad plan. He's all for it!

Is everything on the map already, or do we have to upload them? I can't find Abaos' character image; good news is, if I can't find me, there's no way the bandits will haha!


HP (34/40) AC (14/10/14) DR (5/10 max) Saves (+9/+4/+5) Fire Resist (5) DW (3/5)

Iorskan hasn’t paid attention to anything. But him and Guthruc have a bandit eating contest, so he will be wherever Guthruc is. Though he does worry that Guthruc will roar like he did with the birds to make the bandits run away, something which Iorskan feels is unfair.


Male Orc Barbarian (flesheater, true primitive) HP 37/37 : AC 11, DR 4/Magic : F+8 R+2 W+1 : INIT+1 ; Rage (12/12)

Guthruc wishes to be in A4 and charge the bandits, but if Awn or Ozara tell him to go somewhere else, he probabky will listen to them.


Sorry it took me a while to get this up, the Paizo website went down last night. I'm going to go ahead and place everyone's avatars in my best guesses for where you'd like to be, and we'll get this ambush started!

Awake before the sun, if you managed to get any sleep in the first place, you're now in position for the ambush, crouched on the wall or standing inside buildings. Oleg stands in the open, with his monthly earnings ready packaged to be carried away. He's tense, anxious, understandably so. He's unarmed, and acting as bait.

The sky turns grey, and then pink. The birds sing out to it, and to each other, making Guthruc and Iorskan hungry. Svetlana, in position on the wall, sees the horsemen from far away. She raises a hand, silently signalling to Oleg, who signals to those hiding in the stables and storage pen. It turns out to be unnecessary, because you can all hear the clip-clop of horses moving at a leisurely gait through the courtyard. Five men on horseback. You outnumber them, as you hoped you would. They ride right up to Oleg before stopping.

The lead rider, a cloaked figure with a bow strung across his back,
calls out."Oleg, my friend. What a pleasant surprise, you caving in without a fight. Again. Actually, wait. No. That wasn't a surprise at all." He leans in closer. "Though it certainly is pleasant."

Oleg has murder in his eyes. "Go to hell."

initiative:

Abaos Init.: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Bright Awn Init.: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Guthruc Init.: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Iorskan Init.: 0 = 0
Mr. Blinky Init.: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Ozzy Init.: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Shemeska Init.: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Four Bandits Init.: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Happs Bydon Init.: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Oleg Init.: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7
Svetlana Init.: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Everyone who is aware of the ambush can act in the surprise round! That means all of you. Unless you were distracted by something. The guy with the cowboy hat is Oleg, the guy with the hood is Byron. The blocks of color are mounted bandits. The bandits are all moving on the same initiative except Bydon, and PCs act on the same initiative as long as they don't have an enemy between their initiatives.

EDIT: What's up with Iorskan's Init.? Isn't the minimum roll one?


Character sheet
DM_Scholar wrote:
EDIT: What's up with Iorskan's Init.? Isn't the minimum roll one?

You forgot the 1d20 part.


Character sheet

Also, question, Ozzy intends to cast Mage Armor on Mr. Blinky. Would she have had the opportunity to do that after seeing the signal and hearing the horses approaching but before springing the ambush? If not, she'll use her surprise round to do that, but it seems like she would have already done it...


Sure, she can have mage armor up. Actually, I probably should have said something to the effect of, everyone who wants a buff spell that lasts ten minutes or longer can have it active. Well, I've said as much now.


Character sheet

When Ozzy hears the bandits approaching, she touches Mr. Blinky and murmurs something unintelligible. An invisible force spreads from her hand to encompass the beast, protecting him from the dangers of the fight to come.

The two of them crouch atop the wall, hiding and biding their time until the trap is ready to be sprung. When Oleg speaks, they both leap into action. Ozzy's leap is figurative, channeling even more of her magic into the beast (and that's all my 1st-level spells for the day), but Mr. Blinky's leap is quite literal. As Ozzy's magic causes his muscles to thicken and his limbs to lengthen, he lunges off the wall. By the time he hits the ground, he has doubled in size, and he lashes out at the nearest bandit (red).

Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 201d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 201d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

I assume this part of the wall is less than 10ft up, so there shouldn't be any damage from jumping off. Also, if Abaos and Awn are using their turn to push the cart, Mr. Blinky can just jump onto it and attack. Just in case, DC15 athletics check to avoid the nonlethal falling damage:
Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Grand Lodge

M Ifrit HP: 15/15 AC: 17: FF: 14 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Reflex: 6 Will: -1 Attack: 7 Init: 9 Perception: -2 Sense Motive -2 Moments of Chance: 6/6 Luckbringer 2

Pretty certain Surprise Round moves in order of initiative as well, in which case Abaos' first action is to push the cart so that it is blocking the exit. If so, great! If I'm wrong, move the cart back, because there's a giant pig in the way.

STR check to move the cart: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Abaos spends a Moment of Chance to reroll that STR check.

STR check to move the cart: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

He then lets out a torrent of words. "Look, submit now and we promise nothing bad will happen to ya!" he queries, looking right at the group of bandits, knowing against hope it isn't going to work.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Male Woodborn Seer 3; HP 24/24; AC 19/T15/FF 17; Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6; Init +6; Per +10; Spd 30 ft. CMB +4, CMD 16

So this is the surprise round? And then we go by Initiative?

Awn heaves with Abaos to move the cart into place, achieving little in the way of help; then his fibrous eyebrows raise as Abaos tries the non-pointy-stabby approach while Mr Blinky most definitely does not.

Aid Another to move cart: 1d20 ⇒ 7

To be honest, while normally I do, this time I thought it would be a simple case of "eviscerate first, question the bodies later"...


Male Orc Barbarian (flesheater, true primitive) HP 37/37 : AC 11, DR 4/Magic : F+8 R+2 W+1 : INIT+1 ; Rage (12/12)

Guthruc, hearing that the wagon has been put in place, kicks open the door to the storage room, nearly throwing it off of its hinges.
Guthruc enters rage.
In his newfound rage he unleashes a battle cry: de svake dør unge

orc:
death to the pitiful that meet my weapon
He charges the nearest bandit and swings with his club.
Raging+Charging Attack roll: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


HP (34/40) AC (14/10/14) DR (5/10 max) Saves (+9/+4/+5) Fire Resist (5) DW (3/5)

Iorskan, with a much smaller roar, attacks the next nearest bandit.

Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Bite Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Will update position when not on phone. But 5ft step and bite as it has +5ft reach. If Guthruc’s bandit still lives bite him, if not then bite the one talking to Olag. Also as this is a surprise round we only get a standard action, right?


Eidolon Character sheet
Iorskan wrote:
Also as this is a surprise round we only get a standard action, right?

Oops. Mr. Blinky has the Pounce ability, which does allow him to full-attack in the surprise round, but I forgot that he actually has to charge to use it (charging in the surprise round is allowed, but you can only move up to your speed). Updated his location, and those attack rolls should have an additional +2 (not that it is likely to make a difference with those rolls).


Gonna assume that Shemeska is holding his action. Svetlana will spend her action lighting her torch on fire.

Iorskan's Init. because I forgot to roll for him, evidently: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

Oleg leaves as Iorskan and Guthruc engage. But he can't refrain from taunting the bandit's leader as he goes. Justifiably, that guy's been terrorizing him for months. "Don't worry, friend, I'll be right back as soon's I grab my crossbow. Believe me, I wouldn't miss this for the world."

The leader of the bandits watches with growing dismay as the cart blocks his only line of retreat and an immense shadow-monster jumps from the wall and attempts to dismember his childhood friend. And then a screaming orc comes through the wall and breaks Eaton. There's no other word for what happened to the man, who hangs limply from his saddle.

"Look, submit now and we promise nothing bad will happen to ya!"It's a little late for that, the bandit thinks bitterly. But then he realises, that it was only a distraction! While his attention was on the human, a dragon (a small one, thank the gods) half-climbed on his horse and chewed into his stomach, twisting and snapping at his intestines!

And then his comrades came to his aid. They draw their weapons and begin the desperate fight for their lives.

Red horse: Red horse acts on its rider's initiative, even though his rider is dead! Red horse loved its rider, who spent more money than he could afford on sugar for his loyal steed! It attacks Guthruc! Hoof #1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Well, this is a problem with the armor as DR system, and one that I really should have seen coming. At low levels, a little bit of DR negates all the damage from low-damage foes. I imagine it'll balance itself out by CR three-ish, but ... eh, it'd be bad form for me to say that you can't use something I already approved. For this fight, at least, we'll keep using armor as DR. After that though, what do you say we turn it off until, say, level three? Iorskan and Guthruc are the people who are using the system, so what are your thoughts on it?

Blue bandit isn't getting closer to Mr. Blinky. Instead, he'll draw his longbow and fire an arrow at him. shooting into melee but from higher ground: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10 The arrow doesn't seem to hurt the monster at all, something that frightens red bandit witless.

Red bandit draws his sword and lashes out at Mr. Blinky Shortsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 but his horse is busy backstepping as fast as it can, and he comes up short. By almost a meter. If he thought that he was going to survive this day, he'd probably worry about his friends teasing him about it back in camp. His horse is frightened, but well trained. Hoof #1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Hoof #2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
These guys aren't a little more effective than their riders.

Green bandit shouts out, "Hyatt! Get out of there!" Which would be sound advice if there was, you know, anywhere at all to go. But I suppose you don't become a bandit because you're some sort of genius. Unless you were overqualified for all the jobs you could feasibly get and thought you'd like theivin' better. Pointy feather stick attack!: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Abaos is up, and then Bydon, and then everyone else.


Character sheet

Are you sure about those +3s? That seems high for a hoof attack...

Also, I don't think you designated a target for that last attack.

And is the red bandit still up after a combined 15 points of damage (assuming a 22 hits) from Mr. Blinky? I'm so confused...


No, red bandit is very dead. I misread Mr. Blinky's to hit. My bad. He didn't actually hit with anything, so that's an easy retcon. The plus three is the horse's strength, plus it's BAB, -1 for a total of +3. They're combat trained, so they're better than lesser horses.


Character sheet
DM_Scholar wrote:
They're combat trained, so they're better than lesser horses.

Roger. Target the horses. Got it.


Male Woodborn Seer 3; HP 24/24; AC 19/T15/FF 17; Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6; Init +6; Per +10; Spd 30 ft. CMB +4, CMD 16

Sorry DM_Scholar, I'm a bit confused. Is this correct? From reading your post this is what I understood:

Guthruc smooshed "Eaton".
Mr Blinky ate the leader's childhood friend.
Iorskan ate the leader's innards.

Also from your post, it seemed that the red rider's horse attacked twice, and the red rider attacked once, but missed, even though he was dead.

Having a lot of fun with the setting and the characters, just a bit confused! ;)


Male Woodborn Seer 3; HP 24/24; AC 19/T15/FF 17; Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6; Init +6; Per +10; Spd 30 ft. CMB +4, CMD 16

Oh, and who is Happs Bydon? Is he the bandit leader (of this particular troupe)?

Grand Lodge

M Ifrit HP: 15/15 AC: 17: FF: 14 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Reflex: 6 Will: -1 Attack: 7 Init: 9 Perception: -2 Sense Motive -2 Moments of Chance: 6/6 Luckbringer 2

Abaos sighs as his companions all engage the riders at once.

Damn kids, you always give 'em a chance to fold!

He plucks a knife out of its sheath, and hurls it at Blue Rider.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Male Orc Barbarian (flesheater, true primitive) HP 37/37 : AC 11, DR 4/Magic : F+8 R+2 W+1 : INIT+1 ; Rage (12/12)

don't forget that right now, large size creatures break through our dr. It's dr/magic or large sized creature. In addition, if I weren't using it, that horse wouldn't have even hit me.


HP (34/40) AC (14/10/14) DR (5/10 max) Saves (+9/+4/+5) Fire Resist (5) DW (3/5)

DR has some problems. But as Guthruc points out, the horse would have missed. And it did 5-4=1 damage. So a net loss for him. The biggest issue with the DR is many small attacks. For example...

Enemy has Str14, a longsword and no other modifiers. Max damage is 10. DR10 makes you immune. Which is why I think there should be a DR cap each round equal to 2x your DR. So in the above example, the PC’s DR for the round is 20. Now if he is ganged up on, they will break through it. This will mean for us, Guthruc has DR4(8max) and Iorskan has DR2(4max). We will be easier to Hit and won’t become immortal

Maw covered in blood, Iorskan moved five feet closer to the next standing bandit...and his scales began to glow with heat. He lunged forward...

Swift Action draconic weaponry

Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage with Fire: 1d4 + 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + (2) + 5 = 8

Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + (1) + 4 = 6

Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + (1) + 4 = 8


Male Orc Barbarian (flesheater, true primitive) HP 37/37 : AC 11, DR 4/Magic : F+8 R+2 W+1 : INIT+1 ; Rage (12/12)

Guthruc briefly looks between yellow horse and blue bandit.
"Small dragon! Do horse count for competition?"


HP (34/40) AC (14/10/14) DR (5/10 max) Saves (+9/+4/+5) Fire Resist (5) DW (3/5)

In his loudest voice, Iorskan roared "Murder-kill-eat all food! Rawr!" The tiniest puff of flame came out of his blood stained mouth.


Sorry for all the confusion people! This is my first time running a large-scale battle on a map out of meatspace. But I'm getting the hang of it, and things should just get smoother and smother as the campaign goes on. I'll answer your questions now:

Guthruc smooshed Eaton. Mr. Blinky ate the childhood friend, Iorskan has chowed down on the leader's innards. Red bandit posthumously attempted an attack, but missed. (Maybe he was a half-orc with ferocity? Actually, let's go with that.) And Happs Bydon is the leader of the bandits, something I should have either taken pains to make clear, or else I should have not mentioned the name at all since none of the characters know it.

On the topic of DR, we'll run it as is for the combat, and figure things out in the discussion thread after.

After rolling for damage and mistakenly thinking that the horses can't damage Guthruc I didn't bother rolling red horse's second attack. So here it is: Hoof #2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The panicked horse rears and drops on the nigh-unstoppable orc. Guthruc reaches up and catches hold of one of the equine's forelegs. The other one collides with his head. Seemingly unperturbed, he calls out, "Small dragon! Do horse count for competition?"

That's when Happs realized that he wasn't fighting his way out of this. He'd led his men into an ambush, and they were all going to die. Behind him, one of his men shouts out as a starknife narrowly misses. The bandit leader curses his slow reactions, and draws his melee option, a battered arming sword that's seen better days. He clenches both hands around it and chops down at Iorskan. Long Sword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 "Get. Off. My. Horse." damage: 2d8 + 12 ⇒ (8, 2) + 12 = 22 O_o hang in there, Iorskan!

Without an apparent foe to attack, Bydon's horse takes no actions.

Happs Bydon roars out to his men, "We fight our way out! Use the horses as shields, get to the back of the fort and climb the wall!"

Oleg spends his turn retrieving his crossbow and then moving to a more tactical position.


HP (34/40) AC (14/10/14) DR (5/10 max) Saves (+9/+4/+5) Fire Resist (5) DW (3/5)

Don't forget to roll for crit confirmation! Even though he will probably still hit...as he needs a 5+ to confirm as well. Ah well, after DR Iorskan is only down to -3...

In mid roar the sword came down. Iorskan's eyes widened in pain. He looked up just as the sword was pulled out, slick with his own blood. Feebly, the little dragon raised a claw up as if to strike the man, before falling onto his side. He was still breathing, though he was losing blood fast.


D'oh, my bad. to confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Grand Lodge

M Ifrit HP: 15/15 AC: 17: FF: 14 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Reflex: 6 Will: -1 Attack: 7 Init: 9 Perception: -2 Sense Motive -2 Moments of Chance: 6/6 Luckbringer 2

Hey DM, second use of the Fatespin ability, first on another person. Please reroll that crit- confirm.

Happs' real attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Oh my Dice Gods I just rolled another Nat 20. I'm so sorry, Iorskan


HP (34/40) AC (14/10/14) DR (5/10 max) Saves (+9/+4/+5) Fire Resist (5) DW (3/5)

lol it’s fate. No worries.

As he went down to the fated strike, Iorskan let out a plaintive cry, almost child-like in its pain and fear. ”Awwwwwwwnnnnn....”


Male Orc Barbarian (flesheater, true primitive) HP 37/37 : AC 11, DR 4/Magic : F+8 R+2 W+1 : INIT+1 ; Rage (12/12)

As Iorskan, Guthruc's only friend, goes down, Guthruc's rage only increases. He stares the horse in front of him for a moment, then brings his club down upon it's spine.

To Hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Guthruc leave no survivors!


Male Human Wizard (Arcane Crafter) -- HP 11 : AC 12 CMD 12 TAC 12 FAC 10 : F+2 R+2 W+2 : INIT+6 Perc+0 CMB+0

Apologies. Work slammed me.

SURPRISE ROUND

"Huzzah! Send them into the cold terror that awaits us all beyond the veil!" Shemeska points a finger at the Red Horse and shouts, "Pew! Pew!" A ray of frost shoots from his finger and streaks toward the beast.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 vs touch AC
1d3 ⇒ 1 cold damage, no saving throw.

ROUND 1

"Once more, with feeling!" He fires another ray at the Red Horse.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 vs touch AC
1d3 ⇒ 3 cold damage, no saving throw.

Active Spells: mage armor +4 AC.


Character sheet

Hearing the bandit leader's instructions to climb the wall at the back of the fort, Ozzy takes off at a run along the raised platform of the wall, intending to head them off before they can escape.


Eidolon Character sheet

Meanwhile, Mr. Blinky rips into the horse that just injured him (red).

Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 131d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 141d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 151d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

If he's a light horse, the first two attacks should be enough to take him down. In that case, the third attack will divert to the green horse.


"Guthruc leave no survivors!" the orc screams, and with a terrifying display of raw strength he drives the horse into the ground, the heavy animal hardly seeming to slow the tree he calls a weapon down.

Shemeska wrote:
Apologies. Work slammed me.

No worries, we've all been there.

While the cheerful wizard evokes from on high, Mr. Blinky rips a horse to pieces and gets started on another one. They are indeed light horses. I assume that Mr. Blinky is taking a five foot step to reach green horse, since I don't think he has reach. I'm moving him on the map, but move him back if I'm wrong.

Awn's up, and then the various remaining bandits.


Male Woodborn Seer 3; HP 24/24; AC 19/T15/FF 17; Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6; Init +6; Per +10; Spd 30 ft. CMB +4, CMD 16

Luckily for Guthruc, Awn's View of the spine-smashing club-drop is occluded by the building. The woodborn merely knows that Abaos' call for surrender is a non-starter, and that his friend Iroskan has, from the sound of it, been badly hurt. Awn rushes straight at the (blue) bandit nearest him, slashing with T'lass his curved Elven blade. His strike is poorly executed...

Full-Round Action: Charge at blue rider.

Yiaaarrrr!!!!: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6 [+2 Str, +2 charge]
Swikksht!!!: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 [+3 THF]

Dark Archive

DM_Scholar wrote:
I assume that Mr. Blinky is taking a five foot step to reach green horse, since I don't think he has reach. I'm moving him on the map, but move him back if I'm wrong.

I was assuming that Enlarge Person increased his reach, as it would for a humanoid, but that's up to you.


Male Orc Barbarian (flesheater, true primitive) HP 37/37 : AC 11, DR 4/Magic : F+8 R+2 W+1 : INIT+1 ; Rage (12/12)

who has the wand of celestial healing we were given?


Ozzy wrote:
I was assuming that Enlarge Person increased his reach, as it would for a humanoid, but that's up to you.

I'm pretty sure that quadrupeds don't get reach for increasing in size category.

Guthruc wrote:
I was assuming that Enlarge Person increased his reach, as it would for a humanoid, but that's up to you.

Whoever you want to have it, but I'm assuming Shemeska since it's on his spell list. Iorskan has fourteen rounds to stabilize and a strong fortitude save; I think he'll be ok.

The remaining bandits are, I believe, green and blue.

Green bandit saw what happened to red bandit, and has no interest in sticking around. He'll attempt a fast dismount ride: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 but his panicked horse won't let him out of the saddle so easily, and it takes a move action instead. After that, he'll run towards the back of the fort as fast as his legs will take him.

His horse, left to fend for itself, fights desperately to fend Mr. Blinky off. hoof #1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 damage[1d4+3: 1d21d20 + 3 ⇒ (9, 9, 6, 7, 13, 17, 7, 15, 13, 9, 9, 17) + 3 = 134 damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
But it's pretty clear that the horse won't be seriously hurting the eidolon anytime soon.

Blue bandit doesn't have any such easy line of retreat. So instead he draws his shortsword and swings at Mr. Blinky. shortsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
He makes a ride check to direct his combat trained mount. (Something that I forgot to do one time earlier.) ride: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 In the future though, what happens if you fail such a check? Does the horse just not defend itself? Or does it just attack whoever it wants to?
hoof #1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
hoof #2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Abaos turn.

Grand Lodge

M Ifrit HP: 15/15 AC: 17: FF: 14 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Reflex: 6 Will: -1 Attack: 7 Init: 9 Perception: -2 Sense Motive -2 Moments of Chance: 6/6 Luckbringer 2

Abaos curses as he sees Iorskan, the dragon, fall.

He starts to take off towards the wall, but stop himself when he sees Ozzy take off. "Be careful, girl! I'll be there in a moment!" he yells after her.

He quickly grabs a knife and throws it, again at Blue Rider.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Happs Bydon is going to attempt to fast dismount ride: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 and instead spend a move action doing so. After that, he's going to take off after green bandit, and then overtake him. (Bydon's horse has been replaced with a red square.)

Everyone is free to act.


Character sheet

Ozzy continues to run along the wall to head off the bandits trying to escape.

Mr. Blinky, steps away from the unoccupied horse (green), turning his attention to the one whose rider took a swing at him (blue). He attacks the horse, in an effort to hinder its rider.

Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 201d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 101d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

By my count, that should kill the horse. Do those of us in range get an AoO on the falling rider as the horse goes down?


HP (34/40) AC (14/10/14) DR (5/10 max) Saves (+9/+4/+5) Fire Resist (5) DW (3/5)

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

The little dragon lies on the ground, bleeding. The wound wasn’t life threatening, but he was sure it was. He found it heart breaking, that he was going to die. He imagined how sad it would make everyone, a thought which made him want to cry. And what would they do without him? He thought back to all of the sage advice he had given, and he wondered if they would get by without him. What could come of Guthruc? Of Awn? Of...the...tasty looking one who was nice to him? And the monster tamer who loved stew? Or even that guy whose wife was mean? The injustice of it all! And they hadn’t even gotten to see him fly.

No, he was certain that he was going to die. It was just that it was taking longer than he expected. Iorskan tried to get up, but the stabbing, searing, blindingly bad pain made him rethink it. Yup. He was certainly going to die.


Male Woodborn Seer 3; HP 24/24; AC 19/T15/FF 17; Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6; Init +6; Per +10; Spd 30 ft. CMB +4, CMD 16

Awn winces as Mr Blinky pulls the life from the horse. The woodborn realises Guthruc has ended another...

Senseless. If this is "order" for the Swordlords, I may just pursue chaos...

Awn ponders trying something less direct, then opts to strike again at the [blue] rider...

Standard Action: Slash falling blue rider.

Swiiiiii!!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 [+2 Str]
Shvwifkk!!!: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 [+3 THF]

Immediate Action: Second Sight to add +1 to strike, for a 17 to hit...


Male Orc Barbarian (flesheater, true primitive) HP 37/37 : AC 11, DR 4/Magic : F+8 R+2 W+1 : INIT+1 ; Rage (12/12)

Guthruc takes a 5 foot step to the red horse and swings his club at the beast.
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

However, after the swing, he notices the two riders running off and chases after them, shouting Cowards! as he gains ground.


Character sheet

"You can move 5 feet in any round when you don’t perform any other kind of movement. Taking this 5-foot step never provokes an attack of opportunity. You can’t take more than one 5-foot step in a round, and you can’t take a 5-foot step in the same round that you move any distance."


Male Orc Barbarian (flesheater, true primitive) HP 37/37 : AC 11, DR 4/Magic : F+8 R+2 W+1 : INIT+1 ; Rage (12/12)

I knew something felt off about that play. looks like im sticking with the horse then.

101 to 150 of 910 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM_Scholar's Kingmaker Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.