Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Salsa's Curse of the Crimson Throne (Inactive)

Game Master AdamWarnock

Current Map


301 to 350 of 398 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Female Human (Shoanti) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 - hp 8/8

Thank you. That should put me exactly at 0 hp.

Blood pours from my side into the garden. There's no pain, not like when Gaedren destroyed and discarded me, but there is a torrent of blood, falling onto the bed of parched flowers. The torrent slows to a rivulet, then to a trickle and then stops completely.

Kishta opens her eyes to the sight of a dwarf bending over her, his hands glowing with holy light. "Gustag?" she asks. "Thank you."

She turns her gaze on Gaedren Lamm, who is beset by her companions.

"Clean our blood? This blood cannot be washed away. It heralds the end, the end of your evil reign."


Male Catfolk Magus 2

I think that 3 puts me at zero since I had 6 from earlier unless I missed something

disabled, so I'll take the move action for right now.

"You dirty, cheating scum." He taunts towards Lamm before looking at the wound

Dreqar gives a look of concern with the bolt stuck into his arm, coupled with the pain from before, he grits his teeth and moves towards Gustag.

"Not to be a bother but could someone pull this thing out of my arm?"


Female Half Orc Paladin [Redeeming Warrior of the Holy Light] of Sarenrae 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19/12/17 | F+7, R+4, W+7 | Perc +4, Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 20ft. Harrow Card: Demon's Lantern, Harrow Points: 1 (1 Used)

As Lamm moves back, so Mercy moves forward, the words of her combat teachers at the church echoing, focussing her for the task at hand, keeping the blood-rage of her ancestors in check;

Swordplay is like a dance Mercy, always played to the same impatient rhythm. What begins in a surge of violent motion is always reduced to the perfectly still...

The half orc moves forward with focus (5ft. Step to Lamm) and continues her subduing assault...

Scimitar (Non Lethal): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

... but is distracted by Kish's coughing return to the living...

"Kish?"


Male Half-orc Magus 2

Is Raseri helpless also? Or just prone? Edit:I'll just assume that she's not helpless at this point.

Veklen snarls and moves forward over Raseri, concentrating on his sword. He swings with all he has at Lamm.

Actions:
Move forward to where I am threatening Lamm. Use a swift to spend an arcane point and enchant my sword. Attack (gripping with both hands):
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6


CotCT || RotRL || TSQ || ToD

She's out of the fight (i.e. I haven't come up with her stats, but I think a few hours of torture would put even someone as tough as a barbarian out of a fight). Just waiting on Arianna.


Male Half-orc Magus 2

So, I could have taken just a 5' step to attack Lamm? Dangit. Oh well, I'll use spell combat next time.


F Human (Varisian) CG Witch L3 | AC12 (16) T12 FF10 (14) | HP17/17 | F+2 R+5 W+4(+6) | Init+2 | Perc+3

Arianna calls out, "Finish the half-orc before he gets to his feet again!" before training her dread gaze on Lamm.

Actions:
Evil Eye on Lamm. -2 to AC for Lamm for 6 rounds, a successful DC 13 Will save reduces this penalty to 1 round.


CotCT || RotRL || TSQ || ToD

Hey just an FYI, I'm thinking about doing something else for the maps, This works, but everyone has to move their token when they say they move it to keep me from having to guess where you wanted to go. I'll stick with this, but next fight is going to be in maptools or something.

GM Screen:
Lamm: 18/21 NL: 5
Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Attack Dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Miss

Truffles: 28/33 NL: 0 rounds Doom 9/10 rounds

Waydon checks Kishta's wounds, but Gustag makes bandaging them immediately unnecessary, so he instead marches up next to Lamm sword in hand. Dreqar moves back towards the cleric and Arianna, who tries to weaken Lamm's defenses, but the old bastard still has his wits and will if not his body. Mercy tries to get at him, but her swing goes wide as she glances back at Kishta's coughing. Veklen also tries to score a hit, but the old man is proving to have unusually tough skin and seems to only be knocked off balance as he drops his crossbow and draws a dagger to try and slit Mercy's throat. Arianna calls out a warning to kill Truffles, unfortunately, the burly half-orc awakes and stands. He scoops up his sword before taking a step towards the Varisian witch with murder in his eyes.

"Kill all these worms who dare enter my domain!"

"I'll start with the witch, then."

Round 3


Male Half-orc Magus 2

I like this way of mapping, but either way is good with me.


Male Half-orc Magus 2

Veklen smiles, baring his tusks at Lamm. Give it up. Veklen swings his sword in a large arc. Then before Lamm can recover from the swing, Veklen motions with his free hand, speaking rhythmically. His hand crackles with electricity, and he lashes out.

Actions:
Full-round:Spell Combat:
Sword Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2) + 3 = 7
Cast Shocking Grasp
Melee Touch Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8+3 more if he's wearing metal armor or wielding a metal weapon.
1d6 ⇒ 2

Edit:Nice, crit threat, let's see how that goes:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Female Half Orc Paladin [Redeeming Warrior of the Holy Light] of Sarenrae 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19/12/17 | F+7, R+4, W+7 | Perc +4, Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 20ft. Harrow Card: Demon's Lantern, Harrow Points: 1 (1 Used)

@Veklen: Nice!


Female Human (Shoanti) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 - hp 8/8

Kishta struggles to pull herself up into a sitting position against the wall, starting up another round of coughing.Once it subsides, she wipes the spittle from her mouth with the back of her hand.

"Still here, Merce. He calls us lambs, and thinks we're his to slaughter, but he's wrong. He can strike us down, for a time, but we will always come back, stronger than before."

I might be too weak for it to count as Bardic Performance, but at least I can still orate. :)


CotCT || RotRL || TSQ || ToD

That's a crit Veklen, 2d6 + 3 + 7 ⇒ (5, 2) + 3 + 7 = 17, and you drop him.

Veklen looses his fury on Gaedren, his sword cuts slashes open his throat, but not quite enough to be fatal. The spark of lightning that he holds in his other had finishes off the wicked man.

You just BARELY made his touch AC.


Male Human Cavalier Honor Guard/Strategist

Wayden watches the blood pour out of Gadren's neck and he feels more a sense of relief than of pleasure. Turning towards the halforc, he charges and puts everything he has into striking him.
Power Attack + charge
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 151d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Male Catfolk Magus 2

Seeing Gaedren go down puts a dark smile on Dreqar's lips, injured still he steps in front of Arianna putting his body inbetween the halforc and her. "Your boss is as good as dead, do you really want to join him? Your kinda outnumbered here." the catfolk taunts.

Intimidate to Influence Attitude.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Male Half-orc Magus 2

Nice.

Veklen stares down at Lamm. I warned you, is all he says.


Male Half-orc Magus 2

Are we waiting on anything in particular? No rushes, I just want ot make sure that we're not all waiting on each other. That happens sometimes.


Female Half Orc Paladin [Redeeming Warrior of the Holy Light] of Sarenrae 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19/12/17 | F+7, R+4, W+7 | Perc +4, Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 20ft. Harrow Card: Demon's Lantern, Harrow Points: 1 (1 Used)

Mercy stares wide-eyed at the cloven body of Lamm before her...

Is he really dead? So many times I've dreamt of this... but this was so fast... so final...

The half orc bends towards their protagonist's corpse as if to ensure herself he is indeed dead;

Heal - Untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


CotCT || RotRL || TSQ || ToD

@ Mercy: He ain't dead, but he ain't in good shape either. Still waiting on Arianna and Gustag, Gus is busy, but I'll be PMing them both.


F Human (Varisian) CG Witch L3 | AC12 (16) T12 FF10 (14) | HP17/17 | F+2 R+5 W+4(+6) | Init+2 | Perc+3

I can not see the map currently, so I do not know if I have a move I can make without provoking an AoO. If I can move without provoking I will move away from the half-orc.

Arinna glares at the formerly sleeping half-orc, hissing in anger as her eyes settle on the brute.

Actions:
Evil Eye targeting AC. -2 AC for six rounds, DC 13 Will drops this to one round.


CotCT || RotRL || TSQ || ToD

Map Coordinates:
A-I across, 1-6 down, Starting in top left corner.

Arianna: I2
Dreqar: H2
Gustag: H1
Kishta: G1 prone
Mercy: F5
Veklen: C-D 5-6
Waydon: G3

Raseri: E4 prone

Lamm: F6
Truffles: G2

A1, A-B 2-3 are difficult terrain
A-B 4-6 is another room. Door @ B6

Door to the pier @ I1


Will: 1d20 ⇒ 19 That makes it.

Truffles meets Arianna's gaze, but it doesn't seem as intimidating from behind Dreqar. His deep basso growl fills the room. Simply put, he is pissed.


F Human (Varisian) CG Witch L3 | AC12 (16) T12 FF10 (14) | HP17/17 | F+2 R+5 W+4(+6) | Init+2 | Perc+3

DM Salsa:
[ooc]Who is in H2? You have both Truffles and Dreqar listed. Based on what I remember of the map, would Truffles be in G2? If that is the case I will step to I1.


CotCT || RotRL || TSQ || ToD

Arianna:
My mistake, Truffles, the guy trying to kill you, is at G2. Coordinates should be right now.


Male Dwarf Crusader / 1

Gustag looks about, seeing more of his new companions harmed. He snorts and spits a healthy wad of phlegm onto the floor before closing his eyes to concentrate and focus on his patron's life-bringing essence.

Channel energy...should get everyone
1d6 ⇒ 2

Sorry for the delay; I think I'm good now


CotCT || RotRL || TSQ || ToD

That heals everyone, not just your allies. Lamm would still be out, but stable, but Truffles would be at 30/33.


Male Dwarf Crusader / 1

Holy hell...won't be doing that again; though it means more to us than to him, ultimately.


Female Human (Shoanti) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 - hp 8/8

After the wave of energy hits her, Kishta's voice becomes louder and stronger, and her words more stirring.

"This is how tyrants fall. People of courage stand firmly against them. Against such strength, not even the meanest can prevail!"

Kishta activates the Bardic Performance Inspire Courage. All her allies gain a +1 to hit and damage, and on Saving Throws vs Charm or Fear.


CotCT || RotRL || TSQ || ToD

Sorry, I'll have a recap and his actions in a moment.

Waydon charges the half-orc, the last combatant, his blade slicing deep into Truffles' meaty arm. Dreqar tries to intimidate the brute, but he simply ignores the catfolk magus. Mercy bends to check Gaedren, who seems to be stable, despite the blood seeping onto the floor. Arianna tries to cast a hex on the burly fighter, who just shrugs it off, and turns as she moves away from him and to the back wall behind Mercy.

Truffles follows her, one single thing on his mind, her demise. He ignores the others, intent on making the witch that embarrassed him bleed. The sword comes in from her right and rips cloth and skin as it leaves a long wicked gash in her belly.

"Lie down and bleed, witch. Your friends will join you soon enough."

AoO's from Waydon, Gustag, Dreqar, Veklen, and Mercy. (I still have Kishta as prone.) 22 points drops him, but he still gets his attack on Arianna due to Orc Ferocity.
Arianna takes 11 points of damage.

GM Screen:
Truffles: 22/33
1d20 ⇒ 11

Truffles Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (3, 2) + 6 = 11


Male Half-orc Magus 2

A00: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4) + 4 = 13

Veklen looks up from Lamm bleeding on the floor as the half-orc moves by. Veklen pulls his sword up and swings it in a tight arc.

Well, my luck with the dice couldn't keep up forever. Too bad too, cause that would've only left 9 damage for the rest of you to do. Although . . . is he flanked as he goes by me? It seems like he would be between me and Waydon. If so, add another 2 to that roll, and I might make it with Arianna's evil eye. . . . Still doubt it.


Male Human Cavalier Honor Guard/Strategist

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d10 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Waydon swings when he sees an opening.


Female Half Orc Paladin [Redeeming Warrior of the Holy Light] of Sarenrae 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19/12/17 | F+7, R+4, W+7 | Perc +4, Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 20ft. Harrow Card: Demon's Lantern, Harrow Points: 1 (1 Used)

Despite crouching oe'r Lamm's prone form, Mercy's instincts kick in as the monstrous half orc passes and she pivots... sweeping her scimitar at the brute...

AoO - Scimitar (Lethal Damage): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

... but it clatters off his rushing form


CotCT || RotRL || TSQ || ToD

Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Only had a 10 AC

Three blades bit deep, and blood streams down to the floor as he downs Arianna. Something seems strange though, his voice is fading, and his eyes glass over. He falls to the ground with a crash, his final breath already passed.

End of combat. Unless Gus wants a lick too.


Male Dwarf Crusader / 1

Gah! My moment of glory...gone.

Gustag stays his swing as he sees the giant fall. He quickly surveys the room as he rushes to Arianna's side. How's everybody doin'? Most hurt goes first.

Clw on Arianna1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Half-orc Magus 2

Veklen bent over the body of Lamm and began searching him for anything important. Is he still alive? he asks Mercy, I'd hate to miss the chance to torture this sack of hippogriff dung. He grins baring his tusks slightly.

As Gustag starts going over the healing Veklen--still rifling through Lamm's belongings--turns up to Gustag and says, You can skip me. I may have been the largest one here, but I don't think they noticed. Didn't even try to attack me. He shakes his head, muttering under his breath something about fools and bad tactics. Then he jerks his head in the direction of the Ulfen girl, Though if you're goin' with the worst first, you may want to see to your friend there. She doesn't look so good.


F Human (Varisian) CG Witch L3 | AC12 (16) T12 FF10 (14) | HP17/17 | F+2 R+5 W+4(+6) | Init+2 | Perc+3

Arianna slowly gets to her feet following the vicious attack from the half-orc and the subsequent healing, courtesy of Gustag.

"Thank you, my friend. Now that I'm on my feet again, I can cast a curative spell on whomever may need it." she says looking around.


You can level up now, You'll have some time to rest before you have to fight again.

Almost as if to add weight to Veklen's words, a pitiful moan comes from the battered girl as she tries to get her feet under her.

"A-are my sisters alright?"


Male Catfolk Magus 2

Gah I'm late but just for fun
AOO:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Damage:
1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Dreqar swings at the passing half orc desperatly trying to stop his attack on Arianna, but cringes as he can't put any force behind the blade. He watches the others finish the brute off, and turns to Gustag to watch him heal Arianna.

When Gustag heals her he breathes a sigh of relief. "Remind me I owe you two drinks good dwarf." the catfolk sheathes his sword and turns to more pressing bussiness with Lamm.


Male Dwarf Crusader / 1

Gustag hurries over to Raseri, nodding quickly. They're fine, me girl, jus' fine. You don' worry now, jus' let 'ol Gustag look at ya.

He turns to offer Dreqar a wide grin. Ah, but ya' know tha' way to an 'ol dwarf's 'eart. Anytime, friend. Fer now, make sure tha' big bastard doesn't decide ta' stand up after I 'eal everyone up.

Gustag calls upon the power of the unlikely hero once again, healing the wounds of everyone within the room - Raseri and their foes included.

Channel energy again...after their enemies are at swordpoint this time.
1d6 ⇒ 3


Male Half-orc Magus 2

After Veklen finishes searching Lamm, he pulls his sword out again, preparing to use it on the unconscious man. He sticks it to the man's throat and as soon as he feels the energy pass through him from Gustag, he growls out, Move a muscle and you die. I dare you to give me an excuse. He grins coldly. After a moment he adds. I will let you open your eyes though.


Male Human Cavalier Honor Guard/Strategist

Lets search the room everyone. I'll keep an eye on Lamm.
Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Hey look over there I see something.


Male Catfolk Magus 2

Seeing Veklen and Waydon searching and keeping Lamm down, Dreqar goes over to the bodyguard and searches the corpse.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

"Might as well see what we got here."


Female Half Orc Paladin [Redeeming Warrior of the Holy Light] of Sarenrae 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19/12/17 | F+7, R+4, W+7 | Perc +4, Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 20ft. Harrow Card: Demon's Lantern, Harrow Points: 1 (1 Used)

Mercy still maintains her crouched posture over Lamm.

She gently steers Veklen’s blade away from the prone miscreant’s throat;

”Mine eyes and blade watch over this one. To end him through anger would be too easy, old Lamm here has too many black debts to honour before justice is served…”

Her tone - polite but firm...


Male Half-orc Magus 2

Oh yeah, I should roll my perception for searching Lamm.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Veklen pulls his sword away reluctantly. But he does put it away.


CotCT || RotRL || TSQ || ToD

Anybody going to see what's behind the door?

Loot in this room:

-A nice looking dagger
-A nice looking hand crossbow
-9 bolts for the hand crossbow
-A ring of keys
-A nice looking Falchion covered in blood.
-A bunch of junk

Is anyone keeping up with this?
EDIT: Missed something. Blegh.


CotCT || RotRL || TSQ || ToD

"And what justice is that, dear Mercy? What debts do I have to repay, I ask you? I simply provide a place for the cast-aways to sleep. It's hardly my fault if they die before their time."

Lamm looks like he's about to resume his smug smile, but Raseri isn't about to let him get that satisfaction.

"LIAR! You stole my sisters from me four years ago! By the Song that rings through the spheres I will make you pay if either of them is hurt."

Pink scars appear where red welts once were, and several of the worse cuts are healed, but it's obvious that the blond warrioress is not nearly completely healed. Looking into her eyes though, it's obvious she would gut Lamm if given cause.

Now I believe you guys had some questions?


Male Human Cavalier Honor Guard/Strategist

Waydon Cordus strides over to see what is behind the door. He intends to find everything of value within this place before he puts Lamm to the sword. Lamm may have some useful information about items within the room. Seeing that Mercy is intent upon keeping the old man alive makes things a little more difficult as he sees it. Unfortunately for the paladin this is something that has to be done.


CotCT || RotRL || TSQ || ToD

Waydon opens the door to a foul-smelling room that seems to be a combination bedroom and study. A wooden bed with a lumpy mattress stands against the east wall, while a round table heaped with dirty plates, bread crusts, stained goblets, fruit rinds, and scuttling cockroaches sits nearby. At the foot of the bed sits a large strongbox, a slightly rusted lock securing its lid. A sagging dresser filled with moth-eaten clothes well past their glory days is in one corner—what appears to be a wooden hatbox surrounded by a small cloud of flies sits atop this dresser.

Meanwhile, Lamm continues to be smug.

"You wound me, my dear. Why would I hurt either of those lovely sisters of yours? My associates, however, might be more inclined, assuming that they still live."


Male Human Cavalier Honor Guard/Strategist

Taking the keys that were removed from Lamm, Waydon will try to open the strongbox with them.
He will also look inside the wooden hatbox.


Male Catfolk Magus 2

Dreqar picks ups the Falchion, and then wipes the blood off of it, on the dead half orc. He then turns to Lamm and pats the flat of the large blade in his palm.

"What I want to know Lamm is why you took my Vensi away from me?"

The catfolks ears folded down and his face was a snarl. His ginger tail was fluffed out and swinging in agitation.

He kept starting for another question, but couldn't quite bring himself to ask if it was Lamm himself, or a hired goon, or even a child, forced into it. Though the way his eyes kept darting to Mercy, Kishta, and Veklen and back to Lamm showed his mind was turning wheels.


Male Half-orc Magus 2

You owe me the debt of a clear name. You, Veklan pauses with a growl, you will confess to the magistrate before too much longer. I promise that. Veklen bares a few inches of his blade. Then you will face justice.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

301 to 350 of 398 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Salsa's Curse of the Crimson Throne All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.