Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Salsa's Curse of the Crimson Throne (Inactive)

Game Master AdamWarnock

Current Map


101 to 150 of 398 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

CotCT || RotRL || JR

Okay, so Dreqar and Kishta are scouting. Can I assume the rest of you are hanging back? I'll roll for Kishta if they can't get on by the time I get an answer.


Male Half-orc Magus 2

Yep


Female Half Orc Paladin [Redeeming Warrior of the Holy Light] of Sarenrae 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19/12/17 | F+7, R+4, W+7 | Perc +4, Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 20ft. Harrow Card: Demon's Lantern, Harrow Points: 1 (1 Used)

Mercy is holding back also


CotCT || RotRL || JR

Okay, Dreqar Give me a stealth and perception check. I'll roll for Kishta if she hasn't posted when I do the write up.
So everyone can see and move their token on the map?


Male Catfolk Magus 2

Dreqar creeps inside keeping his rapier out in front of him, his right hand twitched, ready to make the neccessary motions for a spell.

Stealth
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Perception
1d20 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) - 1 + 2 = 20


Female Half Orc Paladin [Redeeming Warrior of the Holy Light] of Sarenrae 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19/12/17 | F+7, R+4, W+7 | Perc +4, Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 20ft. Harrow Card: Demon's Lantern, Harrow Points: 1 (1 Used)

Noisy Tiger, Stealthy Spell :)


CotCT || RotRL || JR

GM Screen:

1d20 ⇒ 2

Kishta:
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

GM Screen (because I forgot something.):

1d20 ⇒ 8

Kishta follows right behind the not so stealthy Dreqar. Unfortunately, for her, she is as loud as he is, But the two manage to get to the front door without alerting everybody inside.

The windows are dark and grimy, making it impossible to see inside, but a loud, sniffling snore can be heard by the not so stealthy scouts.

Dreqar:

You can also hear what sounds like a whimpering whine from a dog.

Okay, what now?


Male Catfolk Magus 2

Dreqar holds still, he listens to the sound of the snoring and whine of the dog. Why did it have to be a dog? he thought as he slinked to the door and looked to Kishta and the door, nudging the door with the point of his boot to see if it was locked.


CotCT || RotRL || JR

It's a good thing that Dreqar tries to nudge the door open rather than kicking it. It may not be locked, but it certainly isn't just going to open.

Kishta should be back today, so I'll give her a bit to check in.


Female Human (Shoanti) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 - hp 8/8

Kishta checks the door.

Not much I can do if it's locked except rattle the handle, but maybe it won't be.

If it's not locked, she'll ease it open and see what's immediately inside, including using Sift if that seems appropriate.

After that she'd like to make a quick circuit of the building with Dreqar, to see what other entrances there may be. At this point, I'm assuming we'll want to go in the front door, but she'd like to block off any other ways out so that no one inside escapes when we storm in.

Thanks for bearing with me, everyone. I had a fabulous WorldCon, and now I'm exhausted.


CotCT || RotRL || JR

Stealth check please.


Female Human (Shoanti) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 - hp 8/8

Stealth Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Wow. Soft as a feather...


CotCT || RotRL || JR

Okay, I'll have a map up later, I've got work to get done before then. But this is what you see.

As Kishta opens the creaky door quieter than it had done since it was new, she sees the shadowy shapes of a desk, a snoring half-orc with his feet up on it, and a dog that is asleep, but has its paws above his ears like he's trying to keep out the noise. There two doors at the back of the room and a door along both the left and right walls.

I'll have an updated map before tomorrow. For now, the room is 15' across (a-c) and 20' deep (1-4). The desk, chair, and half-orc occupy b-2 and b-3 respectively. The dog is asleep in c-2. Letters are left to right, numbers from front to back, i.e. the desk is between you and the half-orc.


Male Human Cavalier Honor Guard/Strategist

" I agree with Kishta. We should check the building for all exits."


CotCT || RotRL || JR

Map time!

If you're not part of teh scout team, you're thirty feet off the map across the street in a nearby alley. I moved everyone off except Kishta and Dreqar. So, what are our intrepid scouts going to do now?


Male Catfolk Magus 2

Dreqar lends in close to whisper in Khista's ear. "I'll differ to your wisdom on this, since you know Lamm better, but say the word and I'll go in right with you...you take the dog."


Female Human (Shoanti) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 - hp 8/8

My apologies again. Work exploded yesterday. I'm making a long post here so no one ends up having to wait on me.

Kishta whispers to Dreqar. "Stay here for now. If either of them stirs, kill them before they can get help." Then she retreats to the rest of the group.

[b]"Anyone with a ranged weapon want to cover the front door while I quickly check the building?"

Kishta waits for the volunteer to get into place, then goes by all the doors she can see, starting with the ones on the west wall that open onto the pier. The idea is to move existing debris in front of the doors, not to do anything fancy. If she can tell that the pier is empty and that there is nothing at hand to use, she won't even bother going that way, since she wants to be as quiet as possible. Then she'll do the same at the other opening on the west wall. If all those openings are really windows, she ignores them for now.

Then she'll check that intriguing opening on the north wall with the same intent -- block it with debris if it's a door.

Once all that is done, if the guards are still asleep, she'll coordinate with Dreqar to attack the guards. He can take the half-orc, Kishta will take the dog. "Take him alive if you can -- a hostage or informant would be nice." Have the rest of the group start moving for the front door a few moments after we start in the room after the guards -- wouldn't want any of them left out of the fight, if it comes to that.

Here are some Stealth Checks if you need them:

Stealth Check 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Stealth Check 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Stealth Check 3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Stealth Check 4: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Stealth Check 5: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Stealth Check 6: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

And here are some miscellaneous rolls:

Misc Roll 1: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Misc Roll 2: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Misc Roll 3: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Misc Roll 4: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Misc Roll 5: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Misc Roll 6: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Sorry again about the delay -- it should get better.


CotCT || RotRL || JR

That's alright, it kinda did the same on my end. Can I get Initiative rolls from everyone please. We aren't in it yet, but we will be in it soon. I'm also making sure that everyone's here. Also if you cannot see the map or move your token, let me know. I may be looking into a different system if this doesn't work.


F Human (Varisian) CG Witch L3 | AC12 (16) T12 FF10 (14) | HP17/17 | F+2 R+5 W+4(+6) | Init+2 | Perc+3

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

As a side note, I've seen a number of gamemasters, including myself, roll initiative for the party just as a way of speeding the game up, rather than waiting for each and every PC roll their own initiative. Just a suggestion, take it for what it's worth. :)


Female Half Orc Paladin [Redeeming Warrior of the Holy Light] of Sarenrae 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19/12/17 | F+7, R+4, W+7 | Perc +4, Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 20ft. Harrow Card: Demon's Lantern, Harrow Points: 1 (1 Used)

Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5


CotCT || RotRL || JR
Arianna Sirmikova wrote:

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

As a side note, I've seen a number of gamemasters, including myself, roll initiative for the party just as a way of speeding the game up, rather than waiting for each and every PC roll their own initiative. Just a suggestion, take it for what it's worth. :)

I do that normally, but this is more so I know who's still here. As I said we aren't in initiative yet.


Male Half-orc Magus 2

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Just to let you know, I have been able to move my token no problem.


Female Human (Shoanti) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 - hp 8/8

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Catfolk Magus 2

Init:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Male Human Cavalier Honor Guard/Strategist

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


CotCT || RotRL || JR

Okay, we're missing Theanna, and she hasn't posted in almost two weeks. I'll send her a PM and see if she's still playing. I'll GMPC her unless someone wants to run her.
---
Whoever is covering the door, put yourself on the map please. Everyone else, except Kishta and Dreqar are 30 feet away from the door, across the street.

GM Screen:

1d20 ⇒ 14 s 13
1d20 ⇒ 17 b 3

1d20 ⇒ 19 g 7
1d20 ⇒ 2 h 0
1d20 ⇒ 14 y 8

Kishta makes her way around, checking out the pavilion to the north before moving on to the walkway. She finds a set of double doors and a single door down a set of stairs. She finds enough debris and heavy items to put in front of them to keep them form being easily opened. She stumbles as she makes her way back around front, but fortunately the dog and the half-orc just stir for a second before settling back into their noisy symphony of slumber.

As she makes her way onto the walkway, it groans ominously, like it could give way at any second. Fortunately, Kishta was able to place the heavy barrel she had found against the door well enough to keep it from opening easily and make it back to solid ground. Unfortunately, the walkway underneath the barrel gives way right as she makes it next to the door. With a loud crash and a plunking splash, the barrel and walkway go tumbling into the river below.

"WOT DE 'ELLS!"*SNIFF*

"GODS DAMMIT THA LAMMS DONE IT AGAIN!"

"What is going on here?"

"Ehehe Ehehehehehe! Looks like Yargin isn't gettin' his a-beauty sleep ta-night! Ehehehe Ehehehehehehehe!"

*snarl* WOOF WOOF! *slobber*

Okay now we're in initiative. This is the surprise round. A move action or Standard action only. You may charge up to your speed and draw a weapon (or just charge if your BAB is 0). They are surprised. I'm going to have them act on their average initiative to help simplify things.

Init Rolls:

Sniffles 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Giggles 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Hookshanks 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Yargin 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Bloo 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Arianna: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Veklen: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Theanna Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Init Order:
Dreqar: 18
Veklen: 16 +
Arianna: 16 -
Waydon: 14
Theanna: 12
The GOON Squad: 9
Mercy: 5
Kishta: 3

EDIT: Map. The doors crossed out need a DC 15 Strength check to open. The section of walkway marked gone is now a 20' drop into the chilly river.
Dreqar you're up! Feel free to post out of order to speed things along.


Male Human Cavalier Honor Guard/Strategist

Waydon will move across on the street on his turn.


Male Half-orc Magus 2

As the barrel crashes through the walkway, Veklen gives a quiet curse and draws his sword.

Actions:
I'll draw my sword for the surprise round. . . . Dang 0 bab.


F Human (Varisian) CG Witch L3 | AC12 (16) T12 FF10 (14) | HP17/17 | F+2 R+5 W+4(+6) | Init+2 | Perc+3

Preparing for the ensuing fight, Arianna casts a protective spell on herself.

Actions:
Cast Mage Armor


Male Human Cavalier Honor Guard/Strategist

actions:
Waydon will draw his sword as a part of his move action.


Female Human (Shoanti) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 - hp 8/8

How typical. Gaedren would rather let the entire world rot around him than spend a copper on repairs.

Kishta draws her sword and tries to determine if she recognizes the half-orc.


Female Half Orc Paladin [Redeeming Warrior of the Holy Light] of Sarenrae 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19/12/17 | F+7, R+4, W+7 | Perc +4, Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 20ft. Harrow Card: Demon's Lantern, Harrow Points: 1 (1 Used)

Mercy looks to Kish with a distant nod and also draws her blade;

Dawnflower protect us all...

Hustles towards the door


CotCT || RotRL || JR

Okay, I'm gonna give Dreqar a little more time. I'm not sure what his schedule is so I'll go for him if he doesn't post in about 12 hours.

Theanna lets out a curse against all carpenters who don't know their trade before giving a short prayer for luck to Desna. And getting a little closer to the door.

Move 20'


Male Catfolk Magus 2

was playing D&D in the RW today so I got tied up

Dreqar kicks open the door with a grin and looks at the half orc. "Surrender now or you and your fido are ash."

reading burning hands

If it matters Initimadate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


CotCT || RotRL || JR

Quite alright. Door was open. Ready noted. Round 1 starts now.

*Snoooooorrrrrt*"Dog ain't mine spell-boy."*sniff*

Init Order:
Dreqar: 18
Veklen: 16 +
Arianna: 16 -
Waydon: 14
Theanna: 12
The GOON Squad: 9
Mercy: 5
Kishta: 3


Male Catfolk Magus 2

"Oh well..." Dreqar speaks in a way that sounds like he is enjoying the moment to finally strike at one of Lamm's goons.

Burning hands being 15 foot cone should get the half orc and dog. And flammable materials burn.

Half orc: 1d4 ⇒ 3 fire
Dog: 1d4 ⇒ 2 fire


Male Human Cavalier Honor Guard/Strategist

actions:
Waydon will make a double move action placing himself in front of the door if there is still space left on his turn.

Waydon's stomach tightens as he rushes forward looking for any sign of his boy.


Male Half-orc Magus 2

Veklen moves forward till he stood in the doorway, ready to fight.

Actions:
Double move


F Human (Varisian) CG Witch L3 | AC12 (16) T12 FF10 (14) | HP17/17 | F+2 R+5 W+4(+6) | Init+2 | Perc+3

Arianna moves toward the door, to join her new companions.

Actions:
Double Move.


Female Human (Shoanti) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 - hp 8/8

The dog appearing to have fled from the fire, Kishta charges into the room. With her left hand she draws power into her blade, and with her right she hacks viciously at his side.

Actions:
Move action: advance to half-orc
Swift Action: Arcane Strike (+1 damage)
Standard Action: Attack half-orc

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7


CotCT || RotRL || JR

Please don't move the Tokens unless their yours.

Bloo Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Sniffles Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

GM Screen:
Bloo: Dead as doornail
Sniffles: 12hp left

Theanna moves forward and says a quick prayer to Shelyn.

Casting Bless +1 to attack rolls and saves vs. fear.

As she does, The half-orc stand up and pulls out a wicked looking flail.

"Giggles! Get yer arse in 'ere! Gots us some uppity wizzards!"

The dog gets up and barks loudly only to be cut down by Kishta. I didn't think you wanted the AoO.

In the room where the other voices were heard, scuffling, banging, and cursing, a lot of cursing can be heard.

Mercy then back to the top.


Female Half Orc Paladin [Redeeming Warrior of the Holy Light] of Sarenrae 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19/12/17 | F+7, R+4, W+7 | Perc +4, Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 20ft. Harrow Card: Demon's Lantern, Harrow Points: 1 (1 Used)

Mercy surges forward, lending her shield and strength to her new comrades;

Actions:

Move forward and stand firm between Waydon and Arianna.


Male Half-orc Magus 2

Veklen's brows knit together in concentration for a moment as his sword begins to shine slightly. Veklen steps quickly around the desk grabbing his sword in both hands and swings.

Actions:
Swift: Spend one point from Arcane Pool to add +1 Enhancement on sword for 1 minute.
Move: Move till I'm next to the half-orc.
Attack: Attack half-orc using both hands on sword.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 (+2 Str., +1 Moral (Bless), +1 Enhancement (Arcane Pool))
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 (+3 Str., +1 Enhancement (Arcane Pool))


CotCT || RotRL || JR

Okay the Half-orc is hurtin' and we're missing the crew. Don't worry about me missing you, go ahead and post people!


F Human (Varisian) CG Witch L3 | AC12 (16) T12 FF10 (14) | HP17/17 | F+2 R+5 W+4(+6) | Init+2 | Perc+3

Arianna glares at the half-orc, slowly waving her finger back and forth.

Actions:
Slumber Hex, DC 13


CotCT || RotRL || JR

[spoiler=GM Screen] 1d20 ⇒ 13[/dice]

The Orc looks like he's about to fall asleep suddenly, but a loud snorting sniff and a vigorous head shake later, he gives the witch a glare that would cow an ogre.

"Sneaky little b~~*+, ain'tcha."


Male Catfolk Magus 2

"Call my friend a b~!*~ one more time" Dreqar threatens as his ears flatten down he runs two fingers down the blade of his rapier, tapping into his arcane pool, enchanting his blade. He walks up to the hurt half orc and strikes at him.

1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 = 19

1d6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 + 1 = 4

Hooray Crit!
Confirm
1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 1 = 15

extra damage
1d6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 + 1 = 2


Male Probably human Computer Scientist 1/ Character Synthesizer 20/ Crazy 99

Hooray, Hooray for arterial spray!

Dreqar:
Hey, can you move your token on the map? You can get to him, but you hadn't moved. That's not a crit, sadly. Crits only happen when you roll an 18-20 on the die (ie before modifiers) with a rapier

GM Screen:
1d20 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 + 2 = 1
1d20 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) - 3 + 2 = 19
1d20 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) - 4 + 2 = 5 stabilized
1d20 - 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) - 5 + 2 = 10
1d20 - 6 + 2 ⇒ (19) - 6 + 2 = 15
1d20 - 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) - 7 + 2 = 5
1d20 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (4) - 8 + 2 = -2
1d20 - 9 + 2 ⇒ (3) - 9 + 2 = -4
1d20 - 10 + 2 ⇒ (8) - 10 + 2 = 0
1d20 - 11 + 2 ⇒ (8) - 11 + 2 = -1
1d20 - 12 + 2 ⇒ (12) - 12 + 2 = 2
1d20 - 13 + 2 ⇒ (16) - 13 + 2 = 5

Dreqar's thrust doesn't seem to do much, until the Half-orc collapses to the floor.

Waydon You're up.


Male Human Cavalier Honor Guard/Strategist

Waydon moves over the half orc's body and observes the doors listening for any obvious sounds of movement.


Male Catfolk Magus 2

I swear I need glasses.

101 to 150 of 398 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Salsa's Curse of the Crimson Throne All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.