Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Salsa's Curse of the Crimson Throne (Inactive)

Game Master AdamWarnock

Current Map


1 to 50 of 398 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

Korvosa has stood for three centuries. It has survived the death of Aroden, attacks by the Shoanti, plagues, and a curse.

Her throne is not a prize, no, never that. It is a burden, a specter of death, for all of Korvosa's monarchs have died before their time was truly up. The Crimson Throne is now held by Eodred II, and his subjects silently wait for the curse to strike again, many dreading the rise of their queen to power. If the signs are right, that may happen soon. Rumors of the king's health failing, and Queen Ileosa has increasingly taken on the mantle of Korvosa's ruler.

While this seems to be the curse finally running it's course, seven Korvosans experienced something odd a few months ago. A dream that seemed to be more.

Don't worry too much about the dreams, they are just something I wanted to do and I thought it'd be fun. Keep in mind that these happened over three months ago.

Kishta:
On that night, you had a vivid dream, you dreamed of a proud race of dark-skinned people guarding the tomb of an ancient evil. One of their member returns bearing the blackened teeth of some magnificent beast and goes deep into the monument marking the site, making it his tomb.

You see the people, your people swept away to a fire-blasted land, with a worm of fire arcing over the desert. Before it swallows you, you awake.


Waydon:
As you slept that night, you were visited by a nightmare. A cruel man who held orgies of lust and destruction sits upon the throne in a dark castle. Another of those events of the damned is about to occur when a group of warriors bathed in holy fire sweep through the castle killing the wicked and rescuing the innocent.

The man flees and is slaughtered in a dark dungeon, but before the leader can celebrate his triumph. a horde of humanoid monsters descend and slaughter the band of warriors. Then the dead rise and begin to feast on these before turning to you. Right as the first is about to sink rotted teeth into your flesh, you awake.


Veklen:
You see a horde of orcs race out of the mountains to swarm over a woefully unprepared enemy. As they drive further and further into the farmlands and towns, the soldiers become increasingly desperate. Just as victory is assured, a man clad in chains leads a furious charge against the horde, driving them back the mountains, and further before raising a castle.

Seasons pass far too fast to be natural, and soon the castle is overrun by the orcs. The orcs find a different man, one clad in white and gold. He fights valiantly, but is slain along with his allies. You are walking along the path to the castle when an orc, white as snow, rushes up to you. His only words before you awake are, "The dead rise!"


Arianna:
You dreamt while Kashki slept at your feet.You saw three women all practicing a different art. One, a tall woman with dark skin and a shaved head twirls a spear in wide, graceful arcs. Hauntingly beautiful notes form a song as lithe muscles twitch and pulse under tattooed skin to change the angle of the spear tip. Another paints on a canvas, her hair cropped short and a riot of colors spilled on her clothes. As she paints, it looks as if the tiny dragons in the picture are dancing across the rooftops and chimneys of a densely populated city. The third you recognize almost before you see her, a Varisian dancer, clad in brilliant scarves twirls in time to the first woman's tune.

Then a fourth appears, her ivory skin covered in black and red chains and a black tipped crown on her brow. She first moves to the painter, who tires to run. A chain unwraps itself from around the woman's arm and wraps around the painter's throat as she points at her. She drags her close and beheads the painter in a swift violent move.

Next is the spear-twirling bard, who charges at the woman as soon as she sees her ensnare the painter. Though too late to save her, she tries to avenge her. A brief exchange of blows occurs before the bard's heart is ripped out in before her now terrified eyes.

The last one, the dancer, also tries to flee, but is trapped by a cage of chains. Her's is a longer, more tortuous torment. Blow after blow strips away her finery, before she is left bloody and naked at the woman's feet. The woman triumphantly hoists her latest victim to drink her blood. You can feel her grow strong, immortal. She now turns to you and chains hold you in place as she readies a killing blow. You know that you will die as the chain is about to make contact.

Then you wake up.


Mercy:
You fell asleep studying the Dawnflower's teachings. You feel asleep to a vivid dream. Fires sweep across a sun-blasted plain, and you see riders among the flames, but unharmed. One of them turns to you and beckons you to follow. He leads you across the plains and into the mountains. You see a castle of black stone and once you enter, you are assaulted with ancient horrors. Visions of people impaled on spikes, their flesh stripped from them as they writhe in agony, undead horrors that fly around and steal the souls of the recently dead, and a thousand more just as terrible things blur into one continuous nightmare of the macabre. Just as all hope is fleeing, you see a shining emblem of salvation, only to be assailed by the most hideous thing you have ever seen, and then you awake.

Dreqar:
As you fell into a deep sleep, you see Vensi as an angel, a white halo softly glows about her head and graceful, white wings surround the both of you as you embrace. It's a moment that seems to last forever, but it's cut short all too soon. An abyss opens beneath the two of you and spiked chains rise up to ensnare the half-elf. As the spikes rip and tear, drawing long lines of blood, she looks at you with pleading eyes as says five words, "I love you, protect them." You wake up right as the abyss closes around her forever.

Theanna:
As the stars danced overhead, dreams filled your sleep. You see a stunning elven woman, her hair like the night, sitting by a still pool full of stars. She invites you to sit with her, as you watch the pool, two visions appear.

The first shows a dragon clad in chains take the form of a woman. The woman crush a city under an iron fist and eventually destroys it. The second begins much like the first, but a few people, heroes, rise to save the people and kill the woman.

Before you can ask any questions, the elven woman simply says, "all will become clear," and you wake up.

Remember this happened months ago and is more for flavor than anything, but feel free to write your character's reaction to it.. Now that we are in the present, it's late winter in Korvosa. There's still noticeable nip in the air, but signs of spring have appeared all around the city. Describe a typical day for your character.


Female Half Orc Paladin [Redeemer] of Sarenrae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4, R+2, W+4 | Perc +3, Darkvision 60ft, Init +3

Mercy's reaction to the dream:

Troubled by her dream, Mercy seeks solace in the Dawnflower's teachings. The terrible creature that assailed her must be a symbol of The Rough Beast; the destructive force that haunts everyone's lives...

Like her goddess, Mercy is resolved to face this demon and through her life or death, become another beacon of light... of hope...

Mercy begins her day like any other of late... A vigil for the slow rise of the winter's sun and the true beginning of the day. Prayer and song heralding the Dawnflower's blessings, then breaking fast and a return to the city streets of her childhood.

Cloaked and armoured she avoids trouble where possible as she investigates whispered rumour that others like herself, seek Lamm and justice for his crimes gather. Though she has yet to meet these folk, her hope is that some will be like her, former lambs and survivors come home to seek their fell shepherd...

Mercy visits some of her old haunts and places where Lamm (and his men) are known but not found. She also attempts to find any of these others who seek Lamm - to discern their purpose...


Male Catfolk Magus 2

Dreqar's reaction to the dream:
Dreqar wakes up in the Acadamae's dorm screaming Vensi's name, he sits up and pants as his heart thumps in his chest. He trys to rationalize it as a normal dream, but he can't convince himself of it. It was to vivid and the words Vensi spoke. "Protect them" he whispers to himself, and finds his hand on his rapier's hilt. He silently wondered who Vensi would want him to protect.

Dreqar spends most the early morning and afternoon in the Acadamae, debating theory, demostrating his knowledge and listening to more experienced spellcasters, like any normal student. Normally he would do with an outgoing enthusiasm, but nowadays he does alot this half heartedly, his thoughts preoccupied with finding Veklen and Lamm.

At night he often wonders a specific district looking for trouble of the sort that might be connected to Lamm. He eavesdrops on guards and frequents Inns looking for clues.

Dreqar still trys to keep up in his studies and put on the 'brave face' but once he goes out, he goes off to look for anything on Lamm or Veklen, he often passes by where Vensi was killed before going to a new spot in the city to pick around, until heading for an inn to drink, study, and eavesdrop.


Female Human Oracle (Heavens) 1

Thea's dream thoughts:
The first time Thea has the dream of the lake, she wakes to copy it down in her journal amid her star charts from the previous night. A small doodle of the dragon graces the margin of the page with the description of the woman and every day since Thea has read the dream again and again. She's tried to duplicate her meditation from that night, studying the same stars even to hopefully regress back to her subconscious to recreate the dream again.

Who is the dragon, the woman? And do these heroes know their stars to save the city? Which city, at that point?

Theanna, a Korvosa native, loved winter for their clear nights. It made for the best nights of stargazing and when she was able to map some of the harder-to-find stars. She returns to her parent's house if but once or twice a week but spends the majority of her days finding her next stargazing perch. She's known around Old Korvosa for playing with the children there during the day and climbing the buildings to find her next post to gaze to the stars where she sleeps in the night.


Male Half-orc Magus 2

Veklen's Reaction to the Dream:
Veklen woke and stared around wildly. The dead, he thought, I don't want to deal with them. He had heard of true dreams at the Acadamae, but he wasn't sure if this was one. Much of the next few days Veklen spent distracted by thoughts of the dream--wondering if it was true or important and how. But within a week he left thoughts of it behind, forgetting completely.

Veklen spends his time in a few different ways. He will spend a few weeks looking obsessively for Lamm or any member of his crime syndicate who might know the truth of Vensi or the fisherman's deaths. Usually starting his days either near the alley where she died or where the fisherman was found and working his way outwards.

When he begins to run out of coin he spends a few weeks working as hired muscle for merchants in the Middlands. During these weeks he spends his time off in taverns listening for word of Lamm and his associates. So far he has found little success.


Female Human (Shoanti) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 - hp 8/8

Kishta's Reaction to the Dream:
When she awakens, she writes down as much of the dream as she can remember, as she does with all memorable dreams. In the stories she tells, she increasingly uses fire energy, and she considers getting another tattoo, one like the worm of fire in her dream.

During the day, Kishta helps her adopted parents around their shop. At night she makes the rounds at the taverns and inns in her area, telling stories for coin when she can, working security when she can't.

Once a month she visits Milani's small temple, and donates what she can. She always keeps watch for Shoanti in the city, though she never gets up the nerve to talk to any. She is restless, but can't put her finger on why.


Male Human Cavalier Honor Guard/Strategist

Waydon's reaction to the dream

Spoiler:
Waydon scratched his head long and hard after that dream but ultimately gave up trying to understand its precise meaning

Waydon doesn't sleep much and when he does he has weird dreams that he can't explain. He spends his mornings going to his wife's grave, generally just sitting there in silence. He spends the warmer parts of the day going through the seedier parts of Korvosa trying to find information about his missing son. His gold is starting to run out though...

I'm not good with coding my text, I don't know how to achieve the above format that you all have implemented so well.


F Human (Varisian) CG Witch L3 | AC12 (16) T12 FF10 (14) | HP17/17 | F+2 R+5 W+4(+6) | Init+2 | Perc+3

Arianna's Reaction to her Dream:
Startled awake by her impending death in the dream, Arianna scurried out of her bed, grabbing her Harrow deck to try and glean any further meaning from the dream.

She first consults the Harrow about the Shoanti woman, followed by similar readings on the painter and the crowned woman in chains.

Following her readings, the horrible image of her impending doom still all too fresh in her mine, Arianna retrieves her paints and creates a lasting image of the Chained Woman.

All of her morning and the early part of her afternoon consumed by her activites precipitated by her dream, Arianna heads out to the Old Dock section of the Shingles, to ply her trade for the odd bit of coin and, more importantly, gather what information she can about the man responsible for her brother's death.


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

@ Arianna: The dream was a few months ago in game time, but I have what I need, post to come.
@ Waydon: I'll provide a formatting post in the discussion thread.


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

The next morning when you all awake, and find something different from your normal routine as you get ready to face the day.

Arianna:
As you go about your morning routine, you happen to notice that there's an extra card in your harrow deck. You recognize it as The Vision, with its disembodied eyes over looking a mystic scene full of heroes, villians, and monsters. On the back is this simple message:
Message wrote:
I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Stree at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.

Dreqar:
As you reach for you spell book to prepare your spells for the day, you notice a card sticking out of the top. The front bears the image of a well-dressed cricket playing a fiddle and caption at the bottom of the care reading, surprisingly enough, The Cricket. On the back is this simple message:
Message wrote:
I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Stree at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.

Kishta:
When you walk into your parents' shop, you find a card on top of a stack of packages you were told to put away. The front of the card has an image of a bright blue sky stretching over a wide open plain. A caption at the bottom reads The Big Sky. On the back is this simple message:
Message wrote:
I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Stree at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.

Mercy:
After you morning vigil, you find a card laid on top of your armor. The front has a picture of a warrior clad in white shining armor wielding a sword and a shield as he fights valiantly against a horde of demons, devils, and fiends to horrible to be knowable. A caption reads, appropriately enough, The Paladin. On the back is this simple message:
Message wrote:
I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Stree at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.

Theanna:
As you get ready to leave one of your favorite stargazing spots, you see a card on a nearby rail. While most of the time you have some difficulty reading books, or seeing images, the image of a white, horned horse prancing through an ancient wood full of goodly fey is clear and plain on the front of this card to you. The caption is also clear and reads The Unicorn. On the back is this simple message:
Message wrote:
I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Stree at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.

Veklen:
After receiving your latest payment the night before, you check the bag of coins again to see if the lateness of the hour had caused you to miscount. In the bag you find a card that you know was not there when you checked last night. The front has a man robed in rich clothing that is very different from what the other people are wearing in the picture leading a caravan to market. The caption reads The Foreign Trader. On the back is this simple message:
Message wrote:
I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Stree at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.

Waydon:
You make your way to the Gray District and your wife's grave like you do every other day, but as you approach you see a card leaned against the marker stone. The front has the image of a strong keep atop a hill, with a caption reading The Keep. On the back is this simple message:
Message wrote:
I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Stree at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.

Okay, I'll give everyone a day, two at most to post what they're doing. I'll post again when people start arriving at the house, if they decide to go.


Female Half Orc Paladin [Redeemer] of Sarenrae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4, R+2, W+4 | Perc +3, Darkvision 60ft, Init +3

Mercy weighs the morn's turn of events and delves into her knowledge of Korvosa's streets to glean what she can of note about her destination...

Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Och!

She then prepares her gear and armour, purposefully sharpens her blade whilst humming hymns to the Dawnflower.

Once ready the holy warrior steps out into the winter morning and begins the journey to her destiny...


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

Mercy:
No worries, you are able to find your way with some difficult, so you eventually get to 3 Lancet Street. If yo want more than that though, maybe the spoiler below has some info you can glean.

Diplomacy DC 10:
"Lancet Street? Yeah, yeah I know 'bout tha place. Tha 'ouse yer lookin' fer belongs ta a teller named Zellara. Some o' tha old folk say she's got tha true gift, a honest ta gods Harrow'r." No boring and stuffy check results for you. You guys get them with flair.


Male Human Cavalier Honor Guard/Strategist

Waydon goes immediately to the location provided.


Male Half-orc Magus 2

Veklen pulls the card out of his pouch, examining it. After a few minutes thought, he put the card back in his pouch and continued preparing for his day. His hands fidgeted slightly with his chain shirt as he put it on, showing a small portion of the restlessness he feels. He has to know what this is about. He knows he will go to the house at sunset anyway, but until then, there's time to figure it out.

Veklen left his house and headed straight to the taverns. It was still early, but he had a full day to to find people who know.

Actions:
Started by preparing my spells (I imagine I did that before looking in the pouch):
1st-Shocking Grasp, Enlarge Person
Cantrips-Detect Magic, Ray of Frost, Light

When I read the card I think about what I know of the location
Kn. Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

After leaving I spend the day gathering any information I can (in tavern's on the street, and in the market) about any who live near there--particularly the one who lives at the address given.
Diplomacy for gather info: 1d20 ⇒ 14

At sunset I go to the house. No info will stop me, I'm far too intrigued for that.


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

Waydon:
You find the house easily enough. It's about midmorning, do you go in now?

Veklen:
For the diplomacy check, look at the spoiler above. As for the rest...

You remember a conversation you had with a Varisian you were working with. After some idle chit-chat, you two somehow got onto the subject of divination. The Varisian swore up and down nothing could beat a Harrower, and he knew of one close to Citadel Volshyenek close by the waterfront in a sleepy little neighborhood. From the sounds of it, it's a very nice place to live.


Male Catfolk Magus 2

Dreqar sits on the edge of his bed staring long and hard at the card and the message. At first he feels unnerved that someone could slip into the Acadamae and into his room without raising suspsicion, but he can't help feeling like this was the break he needed. This is going to be my best chance. He starts to prepare his spells, using the harrow card as an impromtu bookmarker. Then gets ready for the day.

Actions:

Spell prep:
1st: Burning Hands, Magic Missile
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Ray of Frost

Once I complete my days study I head out looking for the house

K.Local 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

As soon as I know I head directly there.


F Human (Varisian) CG Witch L3 | AC12 (16) T12 FF10 (14) | HP17/17 | F+2 R+5 W+4(+6) | Init+2 | Perc+3

Arianna studies the curious extra card in her Harrow deck, taking note of the address mentioned. After her morning meditation with Kashki, she heads out the door stopping the occasional friendly looking passer by to ask for direction to the address listed on the back of the card. After getting the information she asked for from a friendly passer-by, she makes her way to Lancet Street.

Actions:

Prepare the following spells for the day:
0-Level: daze, guidance, detect magic, dancing lights
1st Level: cure light wounds, mage armor

Diplomacy (Gather Information) DC10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Female Human Oracle (Heavens) 1

Theanna holds the card close to her nose to read and see the details of the drawing, confused by the note. 'That's a name I haven't heard in a long time,' she ponders, pulling her journal from her backpack to stuff the card next to the previous night's star chart. The young girl goes about her day, choosing today to see her mother and yet despite her hopes of keeping her mind from her clandestine meeting with... whoever this person was, Thea found herself figity and excited. Unable to deny herself the opportunity, after lunch she heads to the given address after asking around a little to get an idea of what she might be getting herself into.

Diplomacy (Gather Information): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Female Human (Shoanti) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 - hp 8/8

Kishta looks at the card, reads the back, then turns it over again and stares at the picture.

The Big Sky. I wonder what that's supposed to mean? Probably something about wide open spaces. And freedom.

Kishta puts the card in her pouch, and continues straightening up the store. There were bolts of cloth to organize to father's satisfaction and patterns to lay out for mother.

Gaedren isn't my problem -- that was a long time ago. I hope he is brought to justice, but that doesn't depend on me.

Kishta's parents were starting to get old, and without her help, the day to day strain of running the shop would be too much for them. They needed her, she had responsibilities.

But the children. He still has children, I know he does. Can I leave them there, if I can rescue them? They wouldn't know me, wouldn't know what I'd done. I'd be a savior, not a failure.

And with that, Kishta could delay no longer. She quickly dresses in her armor, and gathers her gear. She gives her mother a hug and her father a kiss on the cheek, and then rushes off into the afternoon towards the address on the card.


Male Human Cavalier Honor Guard/Strategist

You'll only find a corpse. Our boy is long gone. He's here with me only I haven't found him yet. Rush on little soldier but your speed won't make up for your past failures. Soon you'll tie your own rope and hang like me.
"No!"
A merchant selling apples on the streets looks at Waydon with one eyebrow raised. "Mister ya don't have to yell, if you don't want an apple just move along, they're good apples all the same. Get ya apples, fresh apples...
Waydon approaches the location provided and barges in. He lost all his patience the moment he saw his wife swing from the rafters.

next actions:
If he finds someone within he will immediately start asking questions.


Male Half-orc Magus 2

DM Salsa:
Just making sure you're not waiting for me. I'm still sticking with my previous actions, I show up at sunset.


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

sorry busy day at work, currently in class. I'll get a post up in a little bit.


Male Half-orc Magus 2

No biggie, I understand how busy days go. I was just makin' sure it wasn't me you were waiting on.


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

Nope Just myself.

Waydon:
You arrive shortly after mid-morning at the address in the message, which happens to be a small cozy home. You open the unlocked door and find the house empty. You walk from the front door to the main sitting area. The room is cozy and is filled with a fragrant haze of flowers and strong spice. The haze comes from several sticks of incense smouldering in wall-mounted burners that look like butterfly-winged elves. The smoke itself seems to soften edges and gives the room a dream-like feel. The walls are draped with brocaded tapestries, one showing a black-skulled beast juggling men’s hearts, another showing a pair of angels dancing atop a snow-blasted mountain. A third tapestry on the far wall depicts a tall hooded figure shrouded in mist, a flaming sword held in a skeletal hand. Several brightly-colored rugs cover the floor, but the room’s only furnishings are a wooden table covered by a bright red throwcloth and several elegant tall-backed chairs. A basket covered by blue cloth sits under the table. A note on the table reads:
Note wrote:
Thank you for coming. I had to step out for a bit, but shall return shortly. Please have a seat while you wait. The basket under the table contains bread and drink for you.

Mercy:
You have little difficulty getting to the address listed. the clergy we happy to help you get there. The door is unlocked and a man is already inside, despite sunset being almost seven hours away. The cozy chamber he sits in is filled with a fragrant haze of flowers and strong spice. The haze comes from several sticks of incense smouldering in wall-mounted burners that look like butterfly-winged elves. The smoke itself seems to soften edges and gives the room a dream-like feel. The walls are draped with brocaded tapestries, one showing a black-skulled beast juggling men’s hearts, another showing a pair of angels dancing atop a snow-blasted mountain. A third tapestry on the far wall depicts a tall hooded figure shrouded in mist, a flaming sword held in a skeletal hand. Several brightly-colored rugs cover the floor, but the room’s only furnishings are a wooden table covered by a bright red throwcloth and several elegant tall-backed chairs. A basket covered by blue cloth sits under the table.

Arianna:
You arrive at a small house close to noon with the help of a kindly Varisian lady. You find the door unlocked and two other people already inside. The cozy chamber they sit in is filled with a fragrant haze of flowers and strong spice. The haze comes from several sticks of incense smouldering in wall-mounted burners that look like butterfly-winged elves. The smoke itself seems to soften edges and gives the room a dream-like feel. The walls are draped with brocaded tapestries, one showing a black-skulled beast juggling men’s hearts, another showing a pair of angels dancing atop a snow-blasted mountain. A third tapestry on the far wall depicts a tall hooded figure shrouded in mist, a flaming sword held in a skeletal hand. Several brightly-colored rugs cover the floor, but the room’s only furnishings are a wooden table covered by a bright red throwcloth and several elegant tall-backed chairs. A basket covered by blue cloth sits under the table.

Dreqar:
It took you a little longer than you would have liked to find the address. You arrive to find a pretty Varisian enter the house. Seeing that the door is unlocked and let yourself in and find three others inside. The cozy chamber they are sitting in is filled with a fragrant haze of flowers and strong spice. The haze comes from several sticks of incense smouldering in wall-mounted burners that look like butterfly-winged elves. The smoke itself seems to soften edges and gives the room a dream-like feel. The walls are draped with brocaded tapestries, one showing a black-skulled beast juggling men’s hearts, another showing a pair of angels dancing atop a snow-blasted mountain. A third tapestry on the far wall depicts a tall hooded figure shrouded in mist, a flaming sword held in a skeletal hand. Several brightly-colored rugs cover the floor, but the room’s only furnishings are a wooden table covered by a bright red throwcloth and several elegant tall-backed chairs. A basket covered by blue cloth sits under the table.

Theanna:
You find the house a couple of hours after midday. The A jeweler hawking his wares in the market found you charming and was only too happy to help. The door's unlocked and you find that a few people are already inside. The cozy chamber they are sitting in is filled with a fragrant haze of flowers and strong spice. The haze comes from several sticks of incense smouldering in wall-mounted burners that look like butterfly-winged elves. The smoke itself seems to soften edges and gives the room a dream-like feel. The walls are draped with brocaded tapestries, one showing a black-skulled beast juggling men’s hearts, another showing a pair of angels dancing atop a snow-blasted mountain. A third tapestry on the far wall depicts a tall hooded figure shrouded in mist, a flaming sword held in a skeletal hand. Several brightly-colored rugs cover the floor, but the room’s only furnishings are a wooden table covered by a bright red throwcloth and several elegant tall-backed chairs. A basket covered by blue cloth sits under the table.

Kishta:
Your parents wish you luck and it seems to help. A cook was able to tell you where the house is and you get there just as the sun is starting to dip below the horizon. As you try and catch your breath, you find the door unlocked and five people already inside. The cozy chamber they are sitting in is filled with a fragrant haze of flowers and strong spice. The haze comes from several sticks of incense smouldering in wall-mounted burners that look like butterfly-winged elves. The smoke itself seems to soften edges and gives the room a dream-like feel. The walls are draped with brocaded tapestries, one showing a black-skulled beast juggling men’s hearts, another showing a pair of angels dancing atop a snow-blasted mountain. A third tapestry on the far wall depicts a tall hooded figure shrouded in mist, a flaming sword held in a skeletal hand. Several brightly-colored rugs cover the floor, but the room’s only furnishings are a wooden table covered by a bright red throwcloth and several elegant tall-backed chairs. A basket covered by blue cloth sits under the table.

Veklen:
You find the house with just a sliver of sun peeking above the horizon. The coolness from earlier has turned cold and the wind seems to fight with the last of winter's strength to chill you through your clothing. The door is unlocked and there appears to be several others already inside, although from the looks of one of them, some of them have been here a while. The cozy chamber they are sitting in is filled with a fragrant haze of flowers and strong spice. The haze comes from several sticks of incense smouldering in wall-mounted burners that look like butterfly-winged elves. The smoke itself seems to soften edges and gives the room a dream-like feel. The walls are draped with brocaded tapestries, one showing a black-skulled beast juggling men’s hearts, another showing a pair of angels dancing atop a snow-blasted mountain. A third tapestry on the far wall depicts a tall hooded figure shrouded in mist, a flaming sword held in a skeletal hand. Several brightly-colored rugs cover the floor, but the room’s only furnishings are a wooden table covered by a bright red throwcloth and several elegant tall-backed chairs. A basket covered by blue cloth sits under the table.

And finally, the party comes together. What are your reactions to seeing each other and how cranky is Waydon by the time Veklen gets there?


F Human (Varisian) CG Witch L3 | AC12 (16) T12 FF10 (14) | HP17/17 | F+2 R+5 W+4(+6) | Init+2 | Perc+3

A young, dark-haired Varisian woman enters the room, and then proceeds further in hesitantly seeing the golden haired man and the half-orc woman already present.

The young woman reaches into a pouch on one of her scarves, producing a single harrow card with writing on the back.

"Good afternoon." she says pleasantly enough, if a bit stand offish. "Are one of the two of you the who sent the message?" the Varisian girl asks, as she moves closer to inspect the tapestries in greater detail, muttering to herself "Absolutely beautiful."


Male Catfolk Magus 2

Dreqar steps in behind the Varisian woman and looks at the other three already there. He gives a short bow and looks at the tapestries. He inhaled the smell of incense and felt his fur stand on end, a feeling that he attributed to nerves. He looks at Arianna's harrow card. "I'm guessing we all have a card. Quite a fancy way to send an invite." He stares at the image of the creature juggling the hearts. I would hate to have to tangle with whatever that is.

any particular knowledge check for checking out the tapestries?


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

Nope, sorry.


Male Half-orc Magus 2

Veklen steps in from the deep shadows of dusk. A cold wind sweeps into the house behind him. His eyes sweep across those already in the room. His eyes widen at the sight of Dreqar and he quickly moves on to the next person. It only takes him a moment to finish and he turns to focus on the dark haired Varisian. Zellara? he says, his voice barely a question. He continues before she has a chance to respond, his voice a low rumble. I don't know what you're about, but I sure hope that you have some good information for me. I'm tired of chasing shadows. He stops and waits, clearly not looking at Dreqar.


Male Human Cavalier Honor Guard/Strategist

Waydon stands at first pacing around the room disinterested in the decor. After an hour he sits facing the door. 

Mercy: When a half orc wearing armor walks Waydon's hand goes to his bastard sword and stands up. When he sees some of the religious paraphernalia on his body he takes his hand off his sword. 

[b] I was told that someone here knows about Gaedren Lamm. Did you give me this card? You have a card to huh? What's your story?[\b]

Arianna: When a beautiful woman walks in a room Waydon is always a little shy. 
Do you have a card or do you have information regarding Lamm? 

Dreqar: When a humanoid with a cat's head slinks in the room Waydon jumps to his feet and unsheathes his sword. 
What the hell are you? State your purpose!
Seeing that the catman seems friendly enough Waydon sheathes his sword and listens to his story. He's never seen one of his ilk so he's naturally wary. 
Theanna: 
Theanna! What are you doing here? You aren't mixed with Lamm are you? Does your father know you're here?

Kishta: The imposing Shoanti woman should set Waydon on edge but he's growing more comfortable with the notion that people are gathering for a purpose. 
Card?

Velken: 
Card?

Well someone has brought us together to deal with Lamm. I don't know how they found all of us but I'll tell you my reasons for seeking Lamm. 
My boy was taken from me. He's young. Only seven... He was taken from my wife while she was shopping in the market. My wife couldn't deal with the loss... She took her own life out of grief. I have no leads and no clues. All I know is that Lamm has a small army of children pickpockets and a nasty reputation. I don't know if he has my boy but it's the only lead I have left. Whoever wrote this card seems to think Lamm has my boy. 


Male Human Cavalier Honor Guard/Strategist

Waydon stands at first pacing around the room disinterested in the decor. After an hour he sits facing the door.

Mercy:
When a half orc wearing armor walks Waydon's hand goes to his bastard sword and stands up. When he sees some of the religious paraphernalia on his body he takes his hand off his sword.

I was told that someone here knows about Gaedren Lamm. Did you give me this card? You have a card to huh? What's your story?

Arianna:
When a beautiful woman walks in a room Waydon is always a little shy.
Do you have a card or do you have information regarding Lamm?

Dreqar:
When a humanoid with a cat's head slinks in the room Waydon jumps to his feet and unsheathes his sword.
What the hell are you? State your purpose!
Seeing that the catman seems friendly enough Waydon sheathes his sword and listens to his story. He's never seen one of his ilk so he's naturally wary.

Theanna:

Theanna! What are you doing here? You aren't mixed with Lamm are you? Does your father know you're here?

Kishta:
The imposing Shoanti woman should set Waydon on edge but he's growing more comfortable with the notion that people are gathering for a purpose.
Card?

Velken:

Card?

Well someone has brought us together to deal with Lamm. I don't know how they found all of us but I'll tell you my reasons for seeking Lamm.
My boy was taken from me. He's young. Only seven... He was taken from my wife while she was shopping in the market. My wife couldn't deal with the loss... She took her own life out of grief. I have no leads and no clues. All I know is that Lamm has a small army of children pickpockets and a nasty reputation. I don't know if he has my boy but it's the only lead I have left. Whoever wrote this card seems to think Lamm has my boy.


Female Human (Shoanti) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 - hp 8/8

Kishta stood outside the house staring at the door for a few moments, her nerves worse than when she performed at a new tavern. After a deep breath, she entered with a mask of steely resolve.

The room inside was not what she was expecting at all. And the people...She recognized a few faces from a tavern several weeks ago when some fools had been talking tough about Gaedren Lamm. "I guess you found him after all. Where's the old Shepherd hiding? And are you sure it's him?"

Then she got a better look at the half-orc in the group. "Bloody Rose! Is that, is that..." Kishta couldn't make herself say the name, in case she was wrong. She approached her quickly, but stopped short a pace away, unsure of the reception she'd receive from Mercy.


F Human (Varisian) CG Witch L3 | AC12 (16) T12 FF10 (14) | HP17/17 | F+2 R+5 W+4(+6) | Init+2 | Perc+3

Turning her attention away from the tapestries for a moment to answer Waydon's question, the young woman says reaching into a pouch on one of her scarves again, producing a single harrow card with writing on the back, "I am afraid I, much like you, are here to gain information."

As the red-haired male half-orc enters the room, questioning who she is, the Varisian woman responds, "No, I am not Zellara. Though it does seem she and I share an interest in the Harrow. My name is Arianna, pleased to meet you."

Hearing all of the talk about Lamm, she comments, "Obviously Lamm has wronged each of us...and our host. Hopefully this...Zellara was it?...will have more information about the bastard's whereabouts when she chooses to grace us with her presence."


Female Human (Shoanti) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 - hp 8/8

When asked for her card, Kishta says, "Big Sky. Are you checking invites? How many more are coming?"

After hearing Waydon's tale, Kishta shakes her head and says, "Seven, you say. The good news is that Gaedren would consider him too valuable to kill out of hand. Only if he got angry. Or bored. But the bad news is that your son is gone forever. We might find a boy who answers to his name. But he won't be your son."

"But if you can tell me where he his, I'll help rescue that child."


Male Half-orc Magus 2

After Arriana's response and the golden haired man's question Veklen nods his head and sighs. Veklen, he says, indicating himself. Veklen's lips pull together tightly, and he finally turns to the cat-like man in the room, Hello Dreqar. Veklen's eyes cast around for a moment as if looking for someone else before he stopped and looked back at Dreqar. I don't know what you believe about it, but I didn't kill her. I hope you know that.


Female Human Oracle (Heavens) 1

Thea stops short at the door at the sound of a familiar voice, her brow furrowing at the mention of her father from Waydon. "He doesn't need to know, hmm?" she says to Waydon with a finger to her lips. She takes a long moment looking over the tapestries in the room, her nose right close to the wall itself. Taking a seat at the table, Theanna waits, curiosity building as more and more arrive to the small house.

Upon hearing Waydon's recounting of his son and wife, Theanna shakes her head in disgust. "Waydon, I had no idea..."


Female Half Orc Paladin [Redeemer] of Sarenrae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4, R+2, W+4 | Perc +3, Darkvision 60ft, Init +3

Inside the house Mercy greets Waydon with a guarded nod, noticing his hand stray to his sword-hilt;

Wary... rightly so for I come armed and armoured, with the blessings of the Dawnflower and the blood of the orc... wary... or foolish...

Her exchange with the older warrior broken by the arrival of others to the house. Mercy stoicly watches them arrive, until one, the tall Shoanti woman approaches her. As she speaks wide eyed recognition wells forth over the half orc's features;

"... Kish? Kishta!? Is it you! Dawnflowers light it is! You... we survived him... We SURVIVED!"

Momentarily stunned with emotion, the female warrior composes herself as she rests an arm on the Shoanti's shoulder. The with a nod, she stands tall and firm, voice proud as she speaks her piece to the others;

"I am Mercy. Once of Lamm's orphans, now a daughter of Sarenrae and her holy sword... If by deed or word I can help any of you I will..."


Male Catfolk Magus 2

Dreqar cast a sideways glance at Waydon as the man unsheathed his sword. "Relax, friend." he holds up his card and lets him look at it. "I'm a catfolk, I assure you my kind is honorable...on the majority..." he smirks and and listens to Waydon talk about his boy. The smirk fades fast from his feline face.

"Either Lamm or someone that works for him took the light of my life from me. I know what it's like to lose the someone you love."

He waits until Veklen shows up, at first he didn't recognize his old friend the months having given the half orc some more then usuable roughness to his features. But when he spoke there was no mistake. "Veklen." The word came out as a hiss, and Dreqar's ears folded down and back, a clear sign of the anger he felt. His hand went to his rapier's hilt as he listened to Veklen explain himself. "All I know is your name came up a bit, and then witness turns up gutted. Even if some poor sap took a drop for that, it still seems all too convienant. Especially since the word going around is the sap had nothing to do with it." Dreqar took his hand off his sword Wonder just how much Lamm paid you he shook the thought from his head with disgust. So many questions, and accussations filtered through his mind, he wanted to curse Veklen, but instead found himself speaking. "There is bread and drink under the table" with that he turned back to look at the tapestry turning his back to his former friend. Dreqar's ginger tail thrashing like a mad cobra.


F Human (Varisian) CG Witch L3 | AC12 (16) T12 FF10 (14) | HP17/17 | F+2 R+5 W+4(+6) | Init+2 | Perc+3

Arianna's twists into a scowl hearing Dreqar mention "some poor sap".

"Watch your tongue. That sap you sap you speak of was my brother."


Male Human Cavalier Honor Guard/Strategist

Did you hear that Waydon? Not one of them knows Lamm's location? You're in the company of the lost. The blind leading the blind. Quiet! I'm closer than I've ever been before! That half-orc didn't murder anyone, is this city suspicion of guilt would be enough for someone to draw a sword, he wouldn't stay in this room if he was a killer

"Listen everybody calm down. It seems to me that everyone here has at least a question they'd like to ask Mr. Lamm. We didn't write these cards either so let's wait to hear from the party that did."


Female Human (Shoanti) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 - hp 8/8

Kishta pats the half-orc's hand where it clasped her shoulder. Her voice lowered.

"I went back, you know. Months later, when I was well enough. There was nothing left. Everyone was gone."

Kishta remembered standing in the warehouse doorway, a pair of borrowed shears in her hand, overwhelmed by the emptiness of the abandoned building. Mother was so mad. She told me I could have been killed, but I already knew that. I couldn't stand to leave all my brothers and sisters behind. But they'd left me."

"I didn't know if you were alive or dead. I should have looked harder. Oh Merce! What about Polgis? Or Darli? Or, or Khastolikon? Or any of the others. Did they make it out too?"

She took a deep breath and started again.

"Sarenrae's holy sword, huh? That doesn't mean you've forgotten to have fun, does it? Because I don't see how you can dance in that get up."


Male Half-orc Magus 2

Veklen stared at Arianna as she and the golden haired man spoke. Finally he nodded, I can see the resemblance now that I look for it, he thought.

Yes, this man is right, he said. I aim to make sure Lamm gets what he deserves. Veklen moves over to grab some bread before finding a seat in the room. He waits silently watching the door.


Male Human Cavalier Honor Guard/Strategist

"Ok clearly some of you know each other. It seems like we might be waiting awhile so I think it might clear the air if everyone is on the same page. I've told you my story and I hope my honesty can serve as some inspiration for some or all of you to do the same. "


Female Half Orc Paladin [Redeemer] of Sarenrae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4, R+2, W+4 | Perc +3, Darkvision 60ft, Init +3

Mercy shakes her head sadly at Kishta's words;

Polgis with his wooden sword, Darli's long blond braids and Khastolikon's chirpy gnomish laugh... where are they now?

"Not a word from any of them..."

Still a little crestfallen, the paladin gives a wry smile at Kishta's mention of dancing;

"Do my dancing with my blade now Kish..."


Male Catfolk Magus 2

Dreqar's features twisted in a look of honest apology when Arianna spoke, his heart going to his throat, as he thought of how to pull his metaphorical foot out of his mouth. "My apologizes ma'am I'm....I'm sorry for your loss." Looking to Waydon he takes a seat at the table, and let's out a sigh. "Veklen knows this story as well, but I am Dreqar Soriano, Catfolk, and student at the Acadamae here. There I meet a beautiful Evoker named Vensi, and we got close, she was the light of my life, made every morning a good one, and I had every intention of taking her as my wife once we graduated." he tears a little,"Guards found her stabbed to death, at first the finger's pointed to my...friend...here...but then things got complicated, and all I know is Lamm sold her ring, the ring I gave her to some, dredge of a backshop peddler merchant. I need to find him, I need to know if he did it, or the name of the person that did it for him. He will pay one way or another." He rested his chin on his fingers.


Female Human (Shoanti) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 - hp 8/8

So many lost Lamms.

Kishta nodded at her friend's words. Mercy had always been more enthusiastic than graceful, but if she'd turned that enthusiasm to martial pursuits, she'd now be quite formidable, indeed.

But other people here were linked as well. She listened to Dreqar's explanation of the relationship between the magi.

"I doubt he killed her himself," Kishta observed, "Especially if her only wounds were from a simple stabbing. But he could have arranged it. Or one of his children may just have stumbled across her body and taken the ring. Only Gaedren knows for sure."

Suddenly, the implications of all the conversations sunk in.

So wait. None of us here issued these invitations? So for all we know, this could be a trap? Gaedren Lamm hearing strangers asking questions, and luring all his enemies into one place so they can be dealt with efficiently?"

Kishta scrambled back until her back was solidly against the tapestry of the mountains. She fumbled with her sword, but her hand was shaking too hard for her to draw it.

"Leaf and Thorn, I knew better than to come here today."


Female Half Orc Paladin [Redeemer] of Sarenrae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4, R+2, W+4 | Perc +3, Darkvision 60ft, Init +3

Old habits die hard, and ex-Lamms even harder...

Reacting to Kishta's sudden revelation, Mercy draws her own curved blade and readies her heavy shield.

Now bristling, the armoured half orc takes up station by her old friend's shoulder;

"If Gaedren or his thugs are here... Let them come... Let them come!"


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

Kishta and Mercy, will saves please


Female Human (Shoanti) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 - hp 8/8

Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Had I mentioned that I don't have a very good will save...


Female Half Orc Paladin [Redeemer] of Sarenrae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4, R+2, W+4 | Perc +3, Darkvision 60ft, Init +3

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Mines not bad, but me and the dicebots have a hate/hate relationship ;) Case in point!


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

Okay nothing happens. I'll be moving things along later tonight, but for now just continue.

1 to 50 of 398 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Salsa's Curse of the Crimson Throne All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.