Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Salsa Presents Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master AdamWarnock

MAP


151 to 200 of 247 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Male Battle Dwarf 1/ Daredevil, Battle Skald Bard

Growling at his displeasure at not being more involved in the fight, nevertheless his desire to escape is even stronger and so Dogar calls on his limited magic ability. Singing out a certain phrase and gesture with his hands, he causes a thick grease to form on the guard's horn. When finished, he then dashes out into the hallway, to stand and keep watch that the struggle does not summon more guards.

DC14 Ref to not drop the horn

And what happened to the map??


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

Fixed. I think I'm going to find something else or just use images for this group. That map has been nothing but trouble.
Still waiting on R'Chir.


RETIRED Male

I posted earlier that on my turn i would be taking my time getting up carefully. If it is my turn again, I pass, as i have nothing significant to contribute to this combat.


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

Bleh, I've got to come up with a better system of keeping track of who posted.

Xrezth leaps at the remaining guard, but even though he's surprised, he manages to throw her off, just in time to take a dagger to the chest from Drimal and receive a hit from one of Lucias' spells. Rengar finishes him off before he even has a chance to act.

End of combat. he's bleeding out, the other guy is almost dead as well, what are you guys doing.


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds/1

I look at the two guards on the floor.

We should keep one alive to question. Then you can let him live or die.

Heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Unfortunately I am pretty clueless about fixing the damage I caused.


RETIRED Male

"Could one of you carry one of these corpses out with us? Once we get somewhere where i have a bit of time i can use his skeleton for manual labor and whatnot. If it'd be too heavy for you, i understand."


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds/1

Once the guard is questioned, or dead, I will move quietly and check out the next cell where I heard the large prisoner.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Male Battle Dwarf 1/ Daredevil, Battle Skald Bard

If the guard was dead or near to before Dogar acted, I'll just save his spell.

Curious as to what the interferrin' female was up, Dogar follows, not bothering to be particulaily stealthy at all.


Male Aasimar Monk 5 - Init +4 - HP: 48/48, - AC: 19/T: 18/FF: 15 - Perception: +8 <darkvision 60ft> F: +7/R: +8/W: +7{9} - CMB: +4 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30ft

Dashuun shackles an unconscious guard, then revives him with CLW.
"Keep your voice low and answer our questions or you'll get your own branding!" he hisses as he holds a hot hand against the guard's mouth.
intimidate: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Male Human Sorcerer 1 (Infernal Bloodline)

Lucias gives a wicked smile "Oh, an interrogation. How lovely.

Lucias casts Charm Person on the guard (DC 19) DC 20 if the guard happens to find Lucias attractive (yay slighty awkward trait bonuses!).. just sayin


Male Human Ranger 1 (Trapper) | AC 17(18) T 12 FF 16(17) | HP 12/12 | F +4 R +4 W +1 | Init +2 | Perc +5 |

If the guard sbreathes still, Dimral just grunts:"Ask your questions quickly..." he warns in a low, dangerous tone.


Male Catfolk Ninja 1

I'll just be taking these...[b] Rengar grabs one of the key rings from a guard. [b]...and I'm off to keep watch. Rengar sneakily walks out of the room, carefully surveying the surroundings. Given that it's safe, he heads to the neighboring cell to see if he can't figure out what the large creature is.
Perception on the hallway 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Stealth into the hall 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Perception on the cell 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Human Ranger 1 (Trapper) | AC 17(18) T 12 FF 16(17) | HP 12/12 | F +4 R +4 W +1 | Init +2 | Perc +5 |

Of course Dimral takes a longsword for himself and checks the men armor with interest


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

The guard piddles himself at Dashuun's threat. He nods as much as he's able.

On each of the guards you find, a chain shirt, a heavy steel shield, a longsword, a leather club, a longbow with 20 arrows, and a key.

Rengar finds nothing of interest in the guardroom, but what Xrezth and Dogar find in the cell is very interesting, There is a large humanoid with two small horns just barely visible through his thick oily-black hair. The eyes he looks at them with hold nothing but malice and wickedness. All in all he seems like someone who would spend afternoons drinking tea while practicing his portraiture skills using the blood of his last victim.


RETIRED Male

is anyone gonna carry a body out of here?


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds/1

Xrezth smiles at the sight of the tainted giant. She then opens her mouth, but what comes out is not the tongue of Talingarde or its angelic benefactors.

Infernal:

Swear your allegiance to me, and I shall see you freed. Betray me and you shall rot here when we leave.


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

"I do not know the tongue ye speak, little 'un."

He looks confused, but he seems to have most of his wits about him.


Male Aasimar Monk 5 - Init +4 - HP: 48/48, - AC: 19/T: 18/FF: 15 - Perception: +8 <darkvision 60ft> F: +7/R: +8/W: +7{9} - CMB: +4 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30ft

Dashuun jockeys for a chain shirt and a dagger.
we should discuss equipment allocation in the discussion thread


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds/1

Xrezth raises her eyebrows at the creatures response.

What I said was. If you swear your allegiance to me and my lord. I will see you are freed and you can escape with us. If you choose not to, you can remain here to whatever fate these worthless fools have chosen for you.


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

"Will you let me kill the foolish little 'uns that chained me here?"

The creature's eyes burn with hatred. He grins with little humor at Xrezth.


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds/1

Some we may need to question. Once we are done, I do not care what happens.


RETIRED Male

"If no one wants to carry one out, we could lead him on his own feet. either way."


Male Human Ranger 1 (Trapper) | AC 17(18) T 12 FF 16(17) | HP 12/12 | F +4 R +4 W +1 | Init +2 | Perc +5 |

"Are you finished with him?" asks Dimral in a sinister tone


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

The ogre (Tired of dancing around, it's an ogre) smiles viciously.

"I am Grumblejack, milady. What can I call you?"


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

By the way, no one has asked the Guard any questions, unless I missed them.


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds/1

My job is to KO the guards. I left asking questions to the more sociable criminals.

_____________

Xrezth continues to watch the strange ogre with horns through the bars of the cell.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Assuming that I do not detect anything duplicitous from him.

Well met Grumblejack. I am Xrezth, humble servant of the Whore Queen Eiseth and her lord, Asmodeus.

Now then, back to my question. Will you swear fealty to serve me and Asmodeus in return for your freedom?


Male Aasimar Monk 5 - Init +4 - HP: 48/48, - AC: 19/T: 18/FF: 15 - Perception: +8 <darkvision 60ft> F: +7/R: +8/W: +7{9} - CMB: +4 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30ft

Figured the guy who charmed him would ask him things, or at least get him ready to fight our opponents.


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

Alrighty then, I'll wait until later tonight before moving things on that front.

Grumblejack looks thoughtful, an odd expression for an ogre, for a moment. He comes to a decision, and his next words are about a flowery as any ever spoken by an ogre.

"You have my strength, little 'un, Xrezth." he corrects himself emphasizing the woman's name. "If it means I can kill the foolish little 'uns that put me here, and made me eat garbage, I so swear."

The look in his eyes isn't joy, or even malice, it's determination wrought of indignities suffered.


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds/1

I look back to the others.

We have a companion. All meet Grumblejack. Now, who took the keys from the guards so that we can release him?

I then turn back to Grumblejack: Unless the guards are all asleep, I imagine we will meet several little 'uns for you to crush with your great might. The Whore Queen Eiseth will appreciate your revenge against these worthless fools.


Male Human Sorcerer 1 (Infernal Bloodline)

Sorry, I didn't see the outcome of the charm, so I wasn't too sure of if I could go ahead with questioning. I'll just go ahead with it then. I'll post all the questions now just to move things along

Lucias smiles at his new "friend" pleasantly, and begins to ask him a series of questions.

"Now, my friends here and I would like to take a look around, there wouldn't by chance be a map of Branderscar anywhere, would there?

he begins to pace back and forth.

"I would like to know more about your bosses. Who is the warden here, and where could we find him? I would like to... talk... with him.

"What kind of security is at the entrance, and how would we best be able to leave?"

Not sure whether you want me to make an opposed charisma check or a diplomacy, so here they are just in case.

Charisma: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

Sorry Just a sec, 1d20 ⇒ 14 doesn't make it.

The guard's eyes glaze over and he sways a bit as he sits.

"Hm? Map? I don't think there is one, but it'd be in tha warden's office if there was one. No one bothers the warden, he'd probably turn ye into toads if ye did. I don't think I'm supposed to talk about how everyone's posted, but ye seem alright. Jus' promise not to tell."

He looks confused as he tries to motion for Lucias to come over with his hands, but since their bound, he instead motions with his head.

Lucias or Perception DC 15:
"There's three guards in the gate house, Blackerly hosts some games in there, the booze's bad, but cheap, Blackerly, though, 'e's a cheat if I ever saw one. The bridgehouse as a few more guards and a dog, there's a couple more dogs an' some guys posted out by the doors. They's probably playing if Blackerly is still go the game going. Only way out's over the bridge, everywhere else is suicide."

As Lucias pulls away, the guard says, "But don't tell anyone!"


Male Catfolk Ninja 1

Hey there big guy, got the keys right here.


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

As Rengar looks at the key, and then the lock, he notices something. The guards\ are not complete idiots. The key is not the right one for this lock.

Hm, perhaps the guards aren't as inept as they appear. This could pose problems for the little jailbreak in progress.

GM Screen:
1d8 ⇒ 1


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds/1

Looking at Regnar - Can you use you nimble hands to pick the lock?


RETIRED Male

"Are any of our number hurt in the most recent melee? I can mend the wounds."

On the lock not working, R'Chir says "May the Midnight Lord guide your hand"cast guidance, +1 to d20 roll of the lockpicker's choice


Male Human Sorcerer 1 (Infernal Bloodline)

Lucias smiles to the man and nods. He speaks in a pleasant tone: "Your secret is safe with me. Now, just a few more questions.... Where does Sergeant Blackerly spend most of his time, at the gate house? Also, if I wanted to get to the warden's chambers from here, where would I go? How about the bridge?"


Male Human Ranger 1 (Trapper) | AC 17(18) T 12 FF 16(17) | HP 12/12 | F +4 R +4 W +1 | Init +2 | Perc +5 |

"Are you finished with him?", Dimral tone gets lower and more menacing, it seems he's losing his patience.


Male Catfolk Ninja 1

Bothersome, I suppose I'll pick it then. Don't suppose you mage types can wave your hands and open doors hmmmm? Seems elementary to me...
Disable Device 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Hope that mumbo-jumbo works, these locks are a damn pain!
Disable Device 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

"Uh?" The guard's eyes seem to not be as glassed over after Drimal's implied threat.

"I guess so. He tends to take the day shift. The bridge is through the gate house, and the only way into the warden's tower is through the door in the courtyard." His eyes dart to Drimal and then back to Lucias. "Is he, *gulp* is he angry about something."

Unfortunately for the guard, the reason Drimal is angry is because he is still breathing.


Male Human Sorcerer 1 (Infernal Bloodline)

Lucias shoots Dimral a glare quickly, looking away in thought for a short moment before turning to the guard.

"Thanks for the information, you have been such a wonderful friend..."

He pauses, looking back to Dimral with a smirk.

"If you had been a bit more patient, we might have gotten more information. That said, he is no longer of use to us, do with him what you will."

Lucias looks back to the guard and smiles, casting ray of frost on him.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

Drimal I need an initiative from you, Beat his, and you can Coup de grace him before he yells.

The spell snaps as Lucias attacks, there's a sharp intake of breath, which turns into a big gulp.

It seems our villains probably should have gagged him first.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds/1

Did Rengar get the cell door open?


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

Second try should do it, but he's about half-way through when Lucias cast Ray of Frost, it'll take say, another 8 rounds to open the cell door.


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds/1

As soon as I hear the arcane words.

Oh, great, bunch of fools, just punch the fool so that he cannot talk.

I turn to Grumblejack. My friend should have you out momentarily. Unfortunately it sounds like one of my former cellmates is doing things that are likely to draw the attention to us. I will be right back.

I then head past the cell and then stealthily take up a position where I can surprise any guards that respond to the noise.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 <-- guess trying to hide in a bright clean prison block is not easy


Male Human Ranger 1 (Trapper) | AC 17(18) T 12 FF 16(17) | HP 12/12 | F +4 R +4 W +1 | Init +2 | Perc +5 |

Initiative check:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

As soon as Lucias is finished Dimral tries to grab and twist the guard's neck with one swift movement


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

Rrrrrrrrrroll Damage!


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds/1

Damage for Dimral - just to move things along:

Damage: 2d3 + 10 ⇒ (2, 2) + 10 = 14 <-- unarmed as posted, so probably non-lethal since he does not have Improved Unarmed feat.
May be +4 more if his Favored Enemy is Human. I do not see a Favored Enemy listed on his character sheet.


Male Aasimar Monk 5 - Init +4 - HP: 48/48, - AC: 19/T: 18/FF: 15 - Perception: +8 <darkvision 60ft> F: +7/R: +8/W: +7{9} - CMB: +4 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30ft

Nope, he took a longsword, and probably doesn't have TWF anyway, right?


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

Coup de Grace attempt, not a regular strike, and I'll say that kills him. He didn't have that many hit points left (3 or 4 at most)

Drimal lumbers forward and crushes the guard's windpipe with a vicious punch. The guard gasps and tries to yell out a warning in vain, finally dying several moments later.


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds/1

I continue to watch the entrance to the cells waiting for Rengar to finish releasing my new "friend" Grumblejack.

Once he is free I return to the others.

Ok, our benefactor wishes for us to escape. Once we are out, we are to cross the moors on the outskirts of town. Once we get to the old Moor Road, we should see a manor house with a single lantern burning in the second story. That is where our benefactor awaits. We are to be there in less than three days.

As I said before, you are free to leave now, or after we escape. However, I think you all know how those who follow the dark lord treat those who betray their trust, or take advantage of their benevolence.

Xrezth pauses for this to sink into the thoughts of her former cellmates.

From what we know, we need to disable the guards in the gatehouse. It is likely that Blackerly, the scum, will be gaming there with some of the guards. Hopefully the libations will be freely flowing. Also, the warden from all we have been told is a mage of some power. We will need to get to him and neutralize him with great prejudice.

I look over at Rengar. I assume you are quiet and stealthy. Do you wish to scout ahead or should I? I then look at the others. Unless someone else wishes to volunteer.

151 to 200 of 247 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Salsa Presents "Way of the Wicked" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.