Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DM Salsa Presents: Nordholm - Dawn of Dragons

Game Master AdamWarnock

Battlemap


701 to 750 of 751 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Dwarf Encanter 4 | HP 44/46 / AC HP 5/27 | AC 9 T 8 FF 9 | Fort 7 Ref 0 Will 10 | Initiative -2

Alas! He cannot gore the poor man! Also, just started a new job, might slow down a might as I settle in.


Male Half-Elf Armorist (Soaring Blade) 4; AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17, CMD 18*; HP 30/36; SP 8/8; Fort +7*, Ref +4*, Will +6*; Initiative +5*; Perception +11, Sense Motive +10

With the monstrous creature dead, Vaenathis directs his sword to a different target, sending it flying like a spear towards one of the arcane symbols.

Melee attack (bound +1 greatsword): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 1 = 23
Damage (slashing): 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 4, 3) + 5 = 14


M Dwarf Hedgwitch 4 (Triple Goddess) | HP: 38/38 | AC: 17; T: 12; FF: 15 | Fort: +6; Ref: +4; Will: +10 (+2 to saves vs Magic/SLAs/Poisons) | Darkvision 60'; Initiative: +3; Perception: +13

Rodok follows up behind Kresh, and traces a symbol onto Arradir.
Skilled casting DC 19: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
"Might take a minute or two, but he'll be fine soon, of that I'm sure."

Wild Magic, on a 1: 1d10 ⇒ 7
No wild magic effect. Arradir gets Fast Healing 1 for 4 minutes.


No post tonight tonight. Worked 11.5 hours and my brain is a bit mushy.


Male Skinwalker Cavalier 4 | HP 21/44 | AC 17, touch 12, FF 15; CMD 19 | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +2, Perception +9 (low-light vision)

My apologies for the absence, my Internet's been in and out all week, couldn't post until now.

Arradir shakes his head, trying to clear it as he stands and looks around. There isn't much can be done for the most part, so he moves to Ylva's form and, after checking that she's breathing, heaves the dog onto his shoulders. "You all give chase, I'll catch up." He nods his thanks to Kresh and Rodok for their healing, and begins following the others.


The guards continue to withdraw. The second crossbowman disappears from sight just as there is a flash of light and the barrier goes down. The two spearmen, wary of Kruuh's horns, continue to run from the bull and for the passage their fellows took.

Everyone roll me a perception check at a -10 for all the racket Kruuh is making. The two spearmen withdraw from Kruuh, so no AoO. They double-move to halfway along the balcony above where you guys came into the arena.


Dwarf Encanter 4 | HP 44/46 / AC HP 5/27 | AC 9 T 8 FF 9 | Fort 7 Ref 0 Will 10 | Initiative -2

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19


Male Half-Elf Armorist (Soaring Blade) 4; AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17, CMD 18*; HP 30/36; SP 8/8; Fort +7*, Ref +4*, Will +6*; Initiative +5*; Perception +11, Sense Motive +10

Perception: 1d20 + 11 - 10 ⇒ (10) + 11 - 10 = 11


Female Human (Norden) Ranger (Skirmisher) 4: HP 27/39 : AC: 22, T: 13, FF: 17: Fort: +9 (+10 cold effects/ +13 cold environment/ +18 with cold weather outfit. +4 to all if non lethal) Reflex: +7 Will: +4 : Perception +4 (+6 Human/Cold. +8 both))

Perception: 1d20 + 6 - 10 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 10 = 14


M Dwarf Hedgwitch 4 (Triple Goddess) | HP: 38/38 | AC: 17; T: 12; FF: 15 | Fort: +6; Ref: +4; Will: +10 (+2 to saves vs Magic/SLAs/Poisons) | Darkvision 60'; Initiative: +3; Perception: +13

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


you guys can also do something. Sorry I didn't make that clear.


M Dwarf Hedgwitch 4 (Triple Goddess) | HP: 38/38 | AC: 17; T: 12; FF: 15 | Fort: +6; Ref: +4; Will: +10 (+2 to saves vs Magic/SLAs/Poisons) | Darkvision 60'; Initiative: +3; Perception: +13

Rodok repeats his spell on Arradir's hound and hustles to follow along on the chase.

Skilled Casting, DC 19: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Wild Magic, on a 1: 1d10 ⇒ 5

Fast Healing for the puppy!


Dwarf Encanter 4 | HP 44/46 / AC HP 5/27 | AC 9 T 8 FF 9 | Fort 7 Ref 0 Will 10 | Initiative -2

Kresh does what he can to get Kruuh off the balcony.


Male Skinwalker Cavalier 4 | HP 21/44 | AC 17, touch 12, FF 15; CMD 19 | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +2, Perception +9 (low-light vision)

Arradir is once more grateful for Rodok's healing, but for now, Ylva remains unconscious. He keeps moving with the hound on his shoulders, trying to keep with the group and listen for trouble.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 - 10 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 10 = 5


female ifrit sorcerer 4 | HP 27/34 | AC 18; TAC 13; FF 15 | F +4; R +5; W +4 | CMB +4; CMD 17 | Init +9 | Perception -1 (darkvision 60 ft) | SP: 1/1 burning hands | Spell Points 8/12

Schandra looked at Kresh as he tried to calm his boar and said, "If you can calm Kruuuh I can get him down here with us. Of course we could all simply go up there."

Perception: 1d20 - 1 - 10 ⇒ (14) - 1 - 10 = 3


Just a reminder, we are still in combat rounds. Kresh, you can port up to Kruuh, but I need a DC 15 Handle Animal to keep him from continuing after the guards.


Dwarf Encanter 4 | HP 44/46 / AC HP 5/27 | AC 9 T 8 FF 9 | Fort 7 Ref 0 Will 10 | Initiative -2

I just remembered i get a +4 on handle animal checks with Kruuh because he's my AC. +5 is a lot better than +1. Aside that though I was thinking more along the lines of my Ranged teleport ability, lets me TP things within 30 feet of me as if I was touching them.

Just in case I need to port up there with Handle animal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Female Human (Norden) Ranger (Skirmisher) 4: HP 27/39 : AC: 22, T: 13, FF: 17: Fort: +9 (+10 cold effects/ +13 cold environment/ +18 with cold weather outfit. +4 to all if non lethal) Reflex: +7 Will: +4 : Perception +4 (+6 Human/Cold. +8 both))

Since we're working without a map, is there anything we can climb to get up to the balcony?


Male Half-Elf Armorist (Soaring Blade) 4; AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17, CMD 18*; HP 30/36; SP 8/8; Fort +7*, Ref +4*, Will +6*; Initiative +5*; Perception +11, Sense Motive +10

I am guessing the teleporters could help with that?


Yes, or a standard action to jump up and grab the lip and then pull yourself up. It's ten feet up and there's nothing to climb.


Female Human (Norden) Ranger (Skirmisher) 4: HP 27/39 : AC: 22, T: 13, FF: 17: Fort: +9 (+10 cold effects/ +13 cold environment/ +18 with cold weather outfit. +4 to all if non lethal) Reflex: +7 Will: +4 : Perception +4 (+6 Human/Cold. +8 both))

Restowing her axes onto her belt, Yngvild jumps up to grab hold of the edge, quickly pulling herself up.

Jump: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Male Half-Elf Armorist (Soaring Blade) 4; AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17, CMD 18*; HP 30/36; SP 8/8; Fort +7*, Ref +4*, Will +6*; Initiative +5*; Perception +11, Sense Motive +10

"Well, no reason to get my clothes too dirty, I suppose," Vaenathis mutters with a half-smile as he looks at Yngvild for a moment in case she has any difficulty climbing. As soon as he is certain she faces no particular challenge he summons his magic, the air around him distorting as he vanishes and in an instant appears on the balcony.


Unfortunately, that's a Failure for you Kresh.

Kruuh continues to the chase down the fleeing guards as they round the corner and make a mad dash for the hallway, but soon dive past it as guards wielding towershields and longspears appear and from ranks to meet Kruuh's charge.

Kresh, Give me another Handle animal to get Kruuh to stop his charge. Everyone up. There are four new soldiers on the western balcony halfway between the northern and southern walls. They have braced their spears and readied their shields against a charge from Kruuh.


Dwarf Encanter 4 | HP 44/46 / AC HP 5/27 | AC 9 T 8 FF 9 | Fort 7 Ref 0 Will 10 | Initiative -2

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


I keep setting the DC at 15 and wow, that's some bad luck. Anyone want to help Kresh out? Aid another can add +2 per success. DC is 10.


Male Skinwalker Cavalier 4 | HP 21/44 | AC 17, touch 12, FF 15; CMD 19 | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +2, Perception +9 (low-light vision)

"Let me try," Arradir says to Kresh, stepping forward with Ylva resting across his shoulders. He takes a deep breath, and then bellows up to the balcony, his voice carrying down the passage.

"Kruuh! Come back before your master decides you'd make a better armor than a weapon!" The man's quality has a hard, commanding tone to it, used to years of commanding animals.

Handle Animal?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Not sure if the Handle Animal check is appropriate/necessary for this, since Arradir has speak with animals active. I'm also not sure whether speak with animals makes him vocalize like an animal when he's using it, or if it just makes his speech understandable to them--there's no flavor given by the spell, and I could see it working either way. Your call, DM-Salsa!


Kruuh rumbles to a stop at the corner of southern and western balconies. He stands there, shorting and pawing at the thick wooden planks.

By the way, Everyone's up. Kresh and Arradir have their standard actions.


Male Skinwalker Cavalier 4 | HP 21/44 | AC 17, touch 12, FF 15; CMD 19 | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +2, Perception +9 (low-light vision)

Hearing the war bull halt his charge, Arradir gives a quick smile to Kresh. "Maybe you could get us onto that balcony in return?" He gingerly shifts Ylva and nods at the height--he can't very well climb it with the hound on his shoulders.


M Dwarf Hedgwitch 4 (Triple Goddess) | HP: 38/38 | AC: 17; T: 12; FF: 15 | Fort: +6; Ref: +4; Will: +10 (+2 to saves vs Magic/SLAs/Poisons) | Darkvision 60'; Initiative: +3; Perception: +13

Rodok watches the two trainers trying their best to rein in the bull, as he follows quickly along to the edge to the next level up.

"Never been known for jumping," he says, around for a bit of help from the teleporters.


Female Human (Norden) Ranger (Skirmisher) 4: HP 27/39 : AC: 22, T: 13, FF: 17: Fort: +9 (+10 cold effects/ +13 cold environment/ +18 with cold weather outfit. +4 to all if non lethal) Reflex: +7 Will: +4 : Perception +4 (+6 Human/Cold. +8 both))

So are all enemies behind the shield wall at this point?


female ifrit sorcerer 4 | HP 27/34 | AC 18; TAC 13; FF 15 | F +4; R +5; W +4 | CMB +4; CMD 17 | Init +9 | Perception -1 (darkvision 60 ft) | SP: 1/1 burning hands | Spell Points 8/12

Schandra looked to those down on the floor with her and said, "Come here, I'll get us all up there." She reached out and touched each person causing them to pop up to the balcony where Kruuh had been sent leaving herself for last and said, "There, shall we continue?"


Dwarf Encanter 4 | HP 44/46 / AC HP 5/27 | AC 9 T 8 FF 9 | Fort 7 Ref 0 Will 10 | Initiative -2

Kresh pats Arradir on the back in thanks before following suite with Schandra, teleporting himself and Arradir to the balcony. "Hope this ends quick, I ain't exactly one for stayin up all night." he adds, rubbing his eyes as he speaks.


@Yngvild: The soldiers are on the western balcony, they are thirty feet from the north and south walls. They are facing south towards Kruuh. Does that help?
@Schandra: We're in combat. Do you have the quick teleport talent? Who are you sending first?


female ifrit sorcerer 4 | HP 27/34 | AC 18; TAC 13; FF 15 | F +4; R +5; W +4 | CMB +4; CMD 17 | Init +9 | Perception -1 (darkvision 60 ft) | SP: 1/1 burning hands | Spell Points 8/12

Well, I didn't realize we were still in combat. If Kresh can teleport someone with him then I can take someone with me, or spend a round sending another.


He spent his Standard teleporting next to Arradir. He can't port anyone until we start the next turn.


Okay, here's what I have so far for this round.

Kresh- Move: Try to stop Kruuh, Standard: Port down to Arradir
Arradir- Standard: Stop Kruuh from Charging
Schandra- Standard: Teleports someone (Who?)
Rodok- Delays?

Some of you have a move action you can take, Yngvild, can you tell me where you climbed up onto the balcony last turn? There are four and the room is 60 feet by 60 feet.


M Dwarf Hedgwitch 4 (Triple Goddess) | HP: 38/38 | AC: 17; T: 12; FF: 15 | Fort: +6; Ref: +4; Will: +10 (+2 to saves vs Magic/SLAs/Poisons) | Darkvision 60'; Initiative: +3; Perception: +13

yup, waiting for a teleport


Male Skinwalker Cavalier 4 | HP 21/44 | AC 17, touch 12, FF 15; CMD 19 | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +2, Perception +9 (low-light vision)

Can't really use the move action, nothing to do and no way to climb with my dog.


Male Half-Elf Armorist (Soaring Blade) 4; AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17, CMD 18*; HP 30/36; SP 8/8; Fort +7*, Ref +4*, Will +6*; Initiative +5*; Perception +11, Sense Motive +10

Hmm... Slightly confused on which round this is. I had Vaenathis teleport to the balcony, but was it in the previous round or the current one? If it was in the previous, then he will be waiting for the others to join him as he is not liking the idea of fighting a shield wall by himself. :-)


Previous round. I also need to know where you are.


Female Human (Norden) Ranger (Skirmisher) 4: HP 27/39 : AC: 22, T: 13, FF: 17: Fort: +9 (+10 cold effects/ +13 cold environment/ +18 with cold weather outfit. +4 to all if non lethal) Reflex: +7 Will: +4 : Perception +4 (+6 Human/Cold. +8 both))

This would be a whole lot easier and smoother with a map. I climbed whatever balcony would get me closest to the enemy. Whichever one Kruuh was teleported up to.


Male Half-Elf Armorist (Soaring Blade) 4; AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17, CMD 18*; HP 30/36; SP 8/8; Fort +7*, Ref +4*, Will +6*; Initiative +5*; Perception +11, Sense Motive +10

And in the interest of keeping the party together and supporting Yngvild, Vaen would have followed her and gotten on the same balcony. Presumably the one where Kresh and I guess Kruuh are also on or at least near.


female ifrit sorcerer 4 | HP 27/34 | AC 18; TAC 13; FF 15 | F +4; R +5; W +4 | CMB +4; CMD 17 | Init +9 | Perception -1 (darkvision 60 ft) | SP: 1/1 burning hands | Spell Points 8/12

With some of the group scaling the walls to the balcony Schandra looked at those still on the ground with her and said, "One at a time, come here and I can teleport you up there." With that she spent the next minute or so teleporting each person to the balcony who needed it before teleporting their guide and then herself.

I will spend the next few rounds teleporting people up, I can teleport one person per round as a standard action.


Dwarf Encanter 4 | HP 44/46 / AC HP 5/27 | AC 9 T 8 FF 9 | Fort 7 Ref 0 Will 10 | Initiative -2

Kresh uses ranged teleport to get another up to him on the balcony.


Okay, this is gotten far too much of a mess and while that can partly be blamed on the lack of a map, a lot of it is I don't have a clue what you guys are doing. So, I'm going to make a map as I understand things at the beginning of the round when the elite guard showed up. We're retconning everything from that post forward to this one.

Map Link

The big blue circle is the dead manticore, your names are roughly where I think you are at this moment. The arrows below the Elite Troops are the direction their spears and shields are facing. The room is 60 feet wide by sixty feet tall. The balcony is about ten feet wide and ten feet from the ground and runs all the way around the room. There are four gated passages at the midpoints of the walls on the ground level and the passageway Lady Arvina fled down and the elites appeared from is in blue.

I hope that this clears everything up at least a little and that we can move on with this.


Female Human (Norden) Ranger (Skirmisher) 4: HP 27/39 : AC: 22, T: 13, FF: 17: Fort: +9 (+10 cold effects/ +13 cold environment/ +18 with cold weather outfit. +4 to all if non lethal) Reflex: +7 Will: +4 : Perception +4 (+6 Human/Cold. +8 both))

That helps some. At no point did I get that the balcony ran all the way around.


Female Human (Norden) Ranger (Skirmisher) 4: HP 27/39 : AC: 22, T: 13, FF: 17: Fort: +9 (+10 cold effects/ +13 cold environment/ +18 with cold weather outfit. +4 to all if non lethal) Reflex: +7 Will: +4 : Perception +4 (+6 Human/Cold. +8 both))

Quickly moving over to the fiery woman, Yngvild readies herself. "Can you get me to within 5 ft of those crossbowmen?"


Male Skinwalker Cavalier 4 | HP 21/44 | AC 17, touch 12, FF 15; CMD 19 | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +2, Perception +9 (low-light vision)

Alright, going off the map and the retcon...

The fight on the ground over, Arradir holds Ylva as gently as he can across his shoulders. He steps toward the casters on the balcony, hoping one of them can teleport him up as he's seen them do already--it's not really feasible for him to climb up with a hound in his hands.


Male Half-Elf Armorist (Soaring Blade) 4; AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17, CMD 18*; HP 30/36; SP 8/8; Fort +7*, Ref +4*, Will +6*; Initiative +5*; Perception +11, Sense Motive +10

"So, any place in particular you would rather be?"

The voice, as well as the hand on Arradir's shoulder, belong to the half-elf, Vaenathis. "Tell me and I can get you there. And then I will follow as quickly as I can, yes?"

Basically, since Yngvild is probably going to be teleported by Schandra, Vaenathis will be 'porting Arradir to wherever he prefers. For the sake of expediency, consider that Arradir will find himself where he wants, so post accordingly?


Dwarf Encanter 4 | HP 44/46 / AC HP 5/27 | AC 9 T 8 FF 9 | Fort 7 Ref 0 Will 10 | Initiative -2

You can actually teleport a person with you, you don't need to do it one at a time.

Kresh places a hand on Kruuh's flank, channleing his healing energy into him.

Healing: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

701 to 750 of 751 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM-Salsa Presents: Nordholm - Dawn of Dragons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.