Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DM RichD's Giantslayer Campaign

Game Master Briccone

GiantSlayer Book 2: The Hill Giant's Pledge
Part 1: Rivers of Belkzen

To prevent the possibility of another attack on Trunau, the heroes embark on a riverboat journey through the Hold of Belkzen, facing dangerous river denizens and a saboteur bent on vengeance along the way.


1,801 to 1,827 of 1,827 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

FYI...Melira is N so the P from E does not apply.

Round 2 Con't
Melira, seeing how she is backed into a corner, drops her bow and pulls out her short sword and attempts to stab Sergei, but fails.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Attack 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Her snake tries to bite Bormann, but can't get past the dwarf's armor.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Everyone give me your round 2 action.

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 3/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/2+0/2+1 (1 from Amulet) HP 27/27 | AC 18(T 17 FF 17) | CMD 15 | Saves 5/2/8 | Init 0 | Perception 7

Unable to do much, he falls back on his favorite cantrip: Daze!

Will Save DC 13 or Melira the Neutral loses her next action.


Male Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord) 4 (HP 52/52) (AC 26/11/25) (CMD 19) (Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6) (Init +1) (Perception +9)

Sergei simply keeps swinging...

Agrimmosh: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27, for 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 5) + 10 = 21 damage.

...delivering another punishing blow.


Male HP: 36/36 AC: 18,13,15 saves F:3, R:9, W:2,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +9, stealth +5 Init:+3; Rng 2 Rog 2

The element of surprise over Kurag abandons the idea of grappling the woman and making her talk. Instead he does the enxt best thing as he draws his greatclub and tries to knock her out.

Greatclub non lethal 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 4 = 9 for 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

Round 2 Con't

A smashing blow from Sergei causes Melira to fall to the floor,bleeding out.

Next Up: Greta & Bormann


Male HP: 36/36 AC: 18,13,15 saves F:3, R:9, W:2,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +9, stealth +5 Init:+3; Rng 2 Rog 2

If possible once she fell could Kurag step back 5ft to let Greta in?


Female Dwarf Cleric 4; HP 35/35; AC 19, T 10, FF 19; F+5, R+1, W+7; CMB+4; CMD 14; Init +0, Perc +3; SM +7

Greta casts Guidance on Kurag.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 4 (HP 60/60(+12) AC:19 T:11 F:19 Saves F:+8 R:+4 W:+3 CMB:+8 CMD:19 Init:+1 Perc: +8 Intimidate: +6, Rage 14/14 rounds), Condensed Rage Effects: +2 melee to hit, +2 (or 3) damage, -2 AC, +12 hp, +3 Fort, Will save

Bormann does his best to try to finish off the snake, still a bit confused why this human is trying to kill them. The snake - less of a mystery...

+1 greataxe: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

Snake is dead, and Melira is bleeding out, barely alive.


Female Dwarf Cleric 4; HP 35/35; AC 19, T 10, FF 19; F+5, R+1, W+7; CMB+4; CMD 14; Init +0, Perc +3; SM +7

Greta casts stabilize on Melira.

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 3/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/2+0/2+1 (1 from Amulet) HP 27/27 | AC 18(T 17 FF 17) | CMD 15 | Saves 5/2/8 | Init 0 | Perception 7

"Maybe we'll get some answers. She obviously has beef with us. But what did we do?"


Male HP: 36/36 AC: 18,13,15 saves F:3, R:9, W:2,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +9, stealth +5 Init:+3; Rng 2 Rog 2

I have no idea but we need to find out, Kurag agrees as he lifts the woman up before any bilge water can cause her to drown. Anyone have any rope to tie her up with before we revive her and start the questioning?


Male Dwarf Barbarian 4 (HP 60/60(+12) AC:19 T:11 F:19 Saves F:+8 R:+4 W:+3 CMB:+8 CMD:19 Init:+1 Perc: +8 Intimidate: +6, Rage 14/14 rounds), Condensed Rage Effects: +2 melee to hit, +2 (or 3) damage, -2 AC, +12 hp, +3 Fort, Will save

"I've got rope. I'll get it from my gear," Bormann volunteers. "Search her for a hopeknife. We can't have her cutting herself free." He adds as he heads back to the cabin for his backpack.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

Melira is stabilized, but unconscious (-11HP). You are able to tie her up.


Male HP: 36/36 AC: 18,13,15 saves F:3, R:9, W:2,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +9, stealth +5 Init:+3; Rng 2 Rog 2

Kurag does as Bormann suggests and searches her for not only a hopeknife but anything of merit that might lead them to understand her actions.

Greta, do you want to wake her up down here or up where Bloodtusk can witness her story as well. I am inclined to learn what we can now and bring her after the fact to ensure nothing happens to her 'by accident'.

Who wants to interrogate her? Intimidate/diplomacy anyone?


Female Dwarf Cleric 4; HP 35/35; AC 19, T 10, FF 19; F+5, R+1, W+7; CMB+4; CMD 14; Init +0, Perc +3; SM +7

"Probably better to wait until Bloodtusk can witness. We don't want any accusations of bias on our part." Greta allows the lads to carry the unconscious prisoner to the Captain's cabin. Once there, she heals her enough to bring her around to consciousness.

"Now young lady, let's talk about why you sought to do us harm." Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

At work so I don't have the full list of her gear, but around her neck is a locket.

@Greta:
It looks exactly like the same one you took off of Skreed's body.


Female Dwarf Cleric 4; HP 35/35; AC 19, T 10, FF 19; F+5, R+1, W+7; CMB+4; CMD 14; Init +0, Perc +3; SM +7

"Oh gracious me." Greta pulls the locket she found during the first attack and holds it up to the one around the neck of the girl. "She believes we killed her beloved. She is seeking vengeance for her love." Greta sighs deeply and her eyes tear up. "Poor, poor thing."

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 3/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/2+0/2+1 (1 from Amulet) HP 27/27 | AC 18(T 17 FF 17) | CMD 15 | Saves 5/2/8 | Init 0 | Perception 7

"Oh yeah. These pendants are linked if I recall." BB slumps his shoulders. "But wait! Greta, you stopped him from bleeding out, right! He stood trial for his crimes after we defeated him." BB is a bit happier about that, but...

"An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind, missie. He came to Trunau and tried to kill everyone. We took him down, made sure he was alive, and brought him to trial. I guess you didn't hear that part. Instead you snuck aboard this ship and tried to kill us. I'm guessing it was your plan to weaken the crew so we crashed or somethin.'

Diplomacy(Aid): 1d20 ⇒ 14

"That wouldn't help anyone. Not the crew, they weren't part of the fight against Skreed. Not us, obviously. Not even you. I mean, so you get revenge. You kill us. So what? You spend the rest of your life pining over lost love? You need to grieve, yeah. But not like this. Why don't you tell us who sent you on this crazy mission in the first place so we can stop the real mastermind, who sent you and your beloved on suicide missions."


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

Melira spits at Greta. I don't need your pity! she says between clenched teeth and you better give me back my locket - and Skreed's too!

She laughs at BB. Mastermind? You don't even know Grenseldek has planned! But you will! You will!

DM Roll: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Sense Motive DC16:
Melira doesn't know Grenseldek's plans either.

Where is Chokehold? Did you kill him as well? I would expect nothing less from the cowards you are! she seethes.

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 3/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/2+0/2+1 (1 from Amulet) HP 27/27 | AC 18(T 17 FF 17) | CMD 15 | Saves 5/2/8 | Init 0 | Perception 7

BB scratches his head. "Oh yeah, that Grenseldek lady wanted some of the artifacts buried in town. Skreed infiltrated Trunau on her behalf. He murdered a young man to cover his tracks. That wasn't nice."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

"I don't think you know what Grenseldek's plans are, either... you really did just follow orders, blindly. Poor girl. Uh... what's a Chokehold? And why do you think self defense is cowardice? Man, you're weird."


Male Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord) 4 (HP 52/52) (AC 26/11/25) (CMD 19) (Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6) (Init +1) (Perception +9)

Sergei sighs, regretfully.

"Yet another poor, deluded fool... We should probably see what the Captain wants to do with her; it is his vessel, after all..."


Female Dwarf Cleric 4; HP 35/35; AC 19, T 10, FF 19; F+5, R+1, W+7; CMB+4; CMD 14; Init +0, Perc +3; SM +7

Greta sighs. "I do not offer pity, child, I offer my sadness. Your beloved lives and if you had acted honorably we would have told you so and sent you to him. He owes Trunau a debt but once that is paid, you could have been with him again. Now you both owe debts and who can say when all will be paid? Your own actions have condemned you and all for lack of good common sense. "


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

Melira laughs bitterly at Greta's words. I see the hopeknives around your necks! Do you really think my beloved would ever walk a free man again? He is mostly likely dead already! His execution would have been public and degrading! You could have let him go or killed him like a warrior, but instead his death has or will become blood entertainment for the masses!

Greta and Kuring can't really argue with that assessment. Trunau executions are public and painful as befitting a border town with enemies as its neighbors.

She then snarls at BB. Chokehold was my snake companion. Another whose blood is on your hands!

Feel free to ask or RP some more.

When the interrogation is done, you take he to Bloodtusk. On hearing you summarize the interrogation, Bloodtusk sighs audibly. So she almost destroys this crew and vessel for revenge on what you all did to her? He then mumbles under his breath, Last time I do a favor for Halgra!

He then shouts, I have no use for her or Gashnakh! Throw them overboard for the crocs!

As crewman approach, Bloodtusk looks at BB, seems like you're the cook now!


Male HP: 36/36 AC: 18,13,15 saves F:3, R:9, W:2,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +9, stealth +5 Init:+3; Rng 2 Rog 2

Kurag sighs with frustration as the situation. Here they were trying to help the city of Trunau and their own loved ones and yet their direct actions resulted in the capture and public death of Melira's true love. Live was not fair nor kind. It was cruel in these moments. Kurag should not have any pity for this woman yet her story still pulled at him. As Bloodtusk ordered her thrown to the crocs he pauses before Melira, I can not and would not have done any differently in defense of Trunau, yet I would spare you the fate in store for you with the crocs. With his back to Bloodtusk and Melira in front of him to try and shield what he is doing he offers her his dagger. So you may spare yourself the pain of the river and join your love in the afterlife.

He then steps back away from the commotion and does not watch her final act.

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 3/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/2+0/2+1 (1 from Amulet) HP 27/27 | AC 18(T 17 FF 17) | CMD 15 | Saves 5/2/8 | Init 0 | Perception 7

"Right. So as long as you don't know the people who were killed, it's not a problem." Something about her lack of empathy really gets under his skin. "If you knew the law of Trunau, you knew what the punishment was. Don't come cryin', telling me that I killed your boyfriend the wrong way. You spill innocent blood, and that's it."

BB is done talking to this inconsiderate woman. Now his attention is turned to the captain. "I'll do my best as the cook. Although I don't know if I can cook something that good again..."


Male Dwarf Barbarian 4 (HP 60/60(+12) AC:19 T:11 F:19 Saves F:+8 R:+4 W:+3 CMB:+8 CMD:19 Init:+1 Perc: +8 Intimidate: +6, Rage 14/14 rounds), Condensed Rage Effects: +2 melee to hit, +2 (or 3) damage, -2 AC, +12 hp, +3 Fort, Will save

Bormann watches Melira carefully now that she's been armed with Kurag's dagger. "I do bear your snake's blood on my hands. And I bear it proudly having won it honestly in battle not by dishonorable treachery, unlike the blood on Skreed's hands or yours. Skreed will have died as is right for him to die, like the filth he was."

The dwarf's eyes narrow. "How will you die? Like Skreed? Or better?"

1,801 to 1,827 of 1,827 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's GiantSlayer Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.