Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign

Game Master Briccone

Council of Thieves Book 3: What Lies In Dust
Part 1: Within the crux
What secrets do the long-sealed Pathfinder Society house Delvehaven hold? First the mysterious Chlish Crux must be opened.


3,351 to 3,395 of 3,395 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Cleric of Iomedae 3
Lorelei wrote:
"It's nice to finally meet you. My sister, Yakopulio's told me exactly nothing about you which is as infuriating as it is tantalizing. I love a good mystery--or, more precisely, cracking one open and exposing it's dirty secrets. Not that I'd do that to this, of course. This is magnificent."

Arael chuckles. That is great news. If people knew who we were exactly, then I fear the Hellkights would know two. Better they know of our deeds instead of us personally. I will say that Yakopulio has told us quite a lot about you!

Lorelei wrote:
I'm Lorelei Truth-speaker. You may have heard of me. I'm the only uncensored news-source in Westcrown, which means those in power want me out of the picture as quickly as possible. We've got that in common, I imagine. Still, it's worth it."

I have heard of you and that is why we decided to recruit you! We need someone to tell our story and we feel that the mainstream news is too controlled for that to happen.

Lorelei wrote:
"So what's the deal, here? This place is your base? What exactly are your aims, Arael? What's your methods? What is the purpose of all of this?" she holds her arms out wide and spins around slowly taking the place in.

A sly smile spreads on Arael's face. We are here to make Westcrown a better place and bring justice and freedom to the masses. Arael says in the most vague, political way possible and totally ignoring her other questions. I am sure you will be able to see what we do first hand.

Lorelei wrote:
"And how are you going to ensure my sister doesn't get killed by helping you?"

It is my goal that no one is killed. Arael says looking out the window with a worried expression as the first rays of dawn break.

Richard wrote:
"We Holysmiths have been infamous ever since one of my uncles was outed for devil worship. The rest of us are on the up-and-up, and I'm glad you have verified this. Still, we owe you, and that's why I'm here."

That is why we have asked you here as well. You and Miss Truth-Speaker will be fine additions to the cause.

He is about to say more when the door opens and Tal and the others enter.

Enter Tal stage right!

Along with Tal and the others come a most foul odor and Tal's usually nicely polished armor is water-stained.

Good! You are all here. Was there any problems leaving the Lord-Mayor's house and do you have it? Arael says addressing the warrior.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:26,12,24. Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal walks in slowly with a grim expression on his face. Yes, yes, Areal, I have it. However we are going to need to have a discussion quickly as much has happened since we left here yesterday. Stopping briefly Tal unceremoniously drops his tower shield on the floor and begins to get out of his armor. He keeps a protective arm around a sack partially slung over his shoulder though. Anyone seen Ermolos recently? I was hoping he would be here to help me clean my armor. If he is not here then I assume that he is ok and at the smithy?

Areal:

Once in a semi quiet place Tal fills Areal in on what happened and how Mera's glaive spoke to her and commanded a mummy. However I had to put it down as we were leaving as I didn't think having a mummy around this place was a good idea. It lead to some arguing and, well, lets just say I think the group needs some space for the moment. Perhaps each of us do something with the others to help the cause instead of being together all the time.

As he finishes with Areal Tal glances around the open area seeing a couple of new faces. Seems you have been busy while we were gone. Now that I think of it though, how long were we gone. In that hell of a place I don't know if we were there for 5 minutes or 5 days. Once I get cleaned up I am famished and could use a good ale. After a hot bath.

Heading towards the wash basin Tal stops and looks back at Areal. I might need you to look me over as well. I swallowed some foul water in there not to mention being around that mummy. I don't want to bring anything home to Lily that might make her sick.


| HP: 50/50 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+3 (+1 vs. traps, +1 vs. illusions) | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 vs. traps), SM +15, Bluff +8, Diplo +8, Acro +10, Climb +10, DD +14/+16, Ling +10, Local +12, SoH +12, Stealth +10 | Speed 30 ft. | Sneak Attack +3d6 | Hard to Fool: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None
Arael wrote:


A sly smile spreads on Arael's face. We are here to make Westcrown a better place and bring justice and freedom to the masses. Arael says in the most vague, political way possible and totally ignoring her other questions. I am sure you will be able to see what we do first hand.

Lorelei scoffs. "Pretty words, Arael. But, if I wanted to blindly follow a politician I wouldn't be here."

---

As the warrior stomps into the safe house, Lorelei watches with interest, learning all she can by watching and listening, without making it obvious.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
Bluff to not seem to blatantly be eavesdropping: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

I don't actually need a full response, just know that she is NOSY. lol


Male Half-Elf Ex-Cleric (Channeler of the Unknown) 1 / Rogue (Sylvan Trickster) 4 (HP 50/50) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 16) (Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +5) (Init +9) (Perception +17)

Dotting.


Richard's familiar | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/4/2 | Bardic Performance 21/21 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

Richard walks up to the man and listens to his story. "Mummies, you say? You were able to vanquish it, I assume? Good job." Sherix squawks and Richard nods in acknowledgement. "Yes, how rude of me. My name is Richard Holysmith. Good to meet you. And my avian friend here is Sherix." Sherix chirps.


Male Half-Elf Cleric of Iomedae 3
Tal wrote:
Anyone seen Ermolos recently? I was hoping he would be here to help me clean my armor. If he is not here then I assume that he is ok and at the smithy?

I believe he is at the smithy now but he should be soon. He was quite worried about you.

Tal (and anyone who eavesdrops):
Tal wrote:
I didn't think having a mummy around this place was a good idea. It lead to some arguing and, well, lets just say I think the group needs some space for the moment. Perhaps each of us do something with the others to help the cause instead of being together all the time.

It might be for the best. I hear tell that the Hellknights are looking into the death of Mera's significant other. Now that you are all the 'founders' of this movement, perhaps we should have you lead your own groups. Perhaps you can lead Miss Lorelei and Mr. Holysmith and that man over there, Mr. Savonarlo. There is also someone else that will be joining soon. I will divide the others among Monday, Tuesday, Mera and Naberius. Not to say you all can't work together again someday. Do you feel up to the task?

Lorelei wrote:
"Pretty words, Arael. But, if I wanted to blindly follow a politician I wouldn't be here."

Arael smiles and gives a salute. We believe in action here and I hope soon you shall see for yourself that we do more than any words I can say.


| HP: 50/50 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+3 (+1 vs. traps, +1 vs. illusions) | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 vs. traps), SM +15, Bluff +8, Diplo +8, Acro +10, Climb +10, DD +14/+16, Ling +10, Local +12, SoH +12, Stealth +10 | Speed 30 ft. | Sneak Attack +3d6 | Hard to Fool: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None

"So do I," Lorelei replies to Arael with a smirk.

Lorelei mentally notes the internal clashes within the rebel group. It's not surprising, but could cause trouble down the line. She'd have to keep an eye on it...


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:26,12,24. Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Knowing that Areal would not just let anyone into the hideout the man that approached Tal while he was debriefing the situation still gave Tal pause. What he was saying was for Areal's ears only until Tal knew that others were let into the inner circle. Perhaps Areal could sense Tal's hesitancy as Areal responding quickly. Listening to Areal Tal nodded his wisdom in the matter. Also it seemed that this Richard Holysmith was to be part of the inner circle as well. As you say Areal. Separating the founding fathers into separate groups to lead others sounds like a wise plan. We can cover more area and further our goals. I am with you in this as you know where my heart lies. A safer Westcrown for families and children is mine and Lily's ultimate goal.

Turning to Mr. Holysmith finally Tal answers some of the statements directed his way. Well met sir. The name is Tal Mainz. Recent owner of Mainztreet Smithy. As for what you may have overheard in my conversation with Areal yes it us true. There was a mummy that aided us temporarily. Strange I know but sometimes we need to make do with what we are presented with.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:26,12,24. Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

[So tell me a bit about yourself Holysmith and what you bring to our eclectic group here. I know you must be held in high esteem for Areal to have you join us but I know little about you. As he talks you can see some of the frustration and stress melt away from him. His initial brusque manner you think was more a result of the past few hours rather than his normal attitude.

Feeling better about his reaction to Holysmith Tal turns back to Areal. If you don't mind Areal I think we should invite Miss Lorelei over and Mr Savonarlo as well. Patting the sack slung on his shoulder. That is if you want all of them present to see the fruits of our labor the past fort night. And you said one other as well. Do you know when this other will be arriving and should we wait for him or her before discussing...our future?


| HP: 50/50 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+3 (+1 vs. traps, +1 vs. illusions) | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 vs. traps), SM +15, Bluff +8, Diplo +8, Acro +10, Climb +10, DD +14/+16, Ling +10, Local +12, SoH +12, Stealth +10 | Speed 30 ft. | Sneak Attack +3d6 | Hard to Fool: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None

Lorelei wanders over with a smile. "Don't mind if I do," she remarks cheekily. She holds out a hand for him to shake. "Lorelei Truth-speaker. Pleased to meet you, Tal. You're a blacksmith, aren't you? What led you to join Arael's group?"

She looks at the sack. "Colour me intrigued..."


Richard's familiar | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/4/2 | Bardic Performance 21/21 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Ah yes, of course." Richard clears his throat.

"Oh geez, you got him started." The bird on his shoulder chirps and then pauses. "Ugh, I can't keep quiet."

Richard chuckles. "Apologies, Sherix here is sometimes very critical. The Holysmith family has always been about freedom and individual creativity above all else. Our family tends to fight undead and devils on a semi-regular basis- I'm not sure if the gods have selected us or we're just tenacious."

"Unfortunately the forces of evil managed to corrupt one of my uncles. Ashame, he always spoke of the dangers of long-binding contacts." Sherix squawks and Richard silences her before continuing. "By the time we had subdued him, he had already summoned a few creatures from hell who had spilled into the city."

"We've been trying to restore the family reputation ever since, and I'm here to play my part. Arael Seybellus contacted me a few weeks ago. He was impressed with the family's charity efforts, and wanted one of us to come here personally." Richard shrugs. "So, here I am."

"Sherix says she was sent from the heavenly planes to watch over me. Whether she's right or not, she is a good luck charm- stop pecking me!" He pats the thrush on the head as she pecks him, clearly annoyed. "We'll restore your memory at some point."

Perform(Oratory): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Sherix Perform(Act): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Richard mentally notes an average performance. "Ah, that seemed to cheer you up." Richard smiles. Sherix tweets and circles around his head.


Male Half-Elf Ex-Cleric (Channeler of the Unknown) 1 / Rogue (Sylvan Trickster) 4 (HP 50/50) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 16) (Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +5) (Init +9) (Perception +17)

An elderly, weather-beaten half-elf, clad in a simple black robe with gold trim and a white collar, cut in a style that has been out of fashion for nearly a century, approaches the others. Around his neck is a holy symbol depicting a winged eye, made from adamantine... but it is blackened, as if it has been scorched by fire.

Although clearly weak, he is nonetheless still quite sprightly, moving with a grace that belies his obviously advanced years, tapping the butt-end of a strange spear (the business-end of which is festooned with many small branches, tipped with silver blades), on the ground as he goes. His eyes, however, are still clear, and sparkle with a deep intelligence.

He nods to Arael.

"Thank-you for agreeing to meet with me. I must admit, when Aroden died, a large part of both me, and the city as a whole, died with him... which is what allowed the Shadows to creep in. I thought for sure that what you and yours were trying to do was a fool's errand, ultimately doomed to failure; for after all, if even the Gods can die, what hope do we mere mortals have to change the course of history? I am pleased to see that I was wrong. If there is anything that I can do to assist you, please let me know; much of my divine power passed on with Aroden, but over the years, I have found... other ways to channel my talents, some of them in very useful ways."

The Half-elf then smiles mirthlessly.

"After all, if you spend decades staring (and screaming) into the abyss, something is bound to take notice..."

He then turns to the other party members, and bows.

"Greetings. I used to be known as Father Girolamo, Cleric of Aroden, but that was back before your parents were a gleam in their parents' eyes, back when I had a flock with mentioning, and my own unwavering faith, something which the death of your God tends to shake rather fiercely. These days, I am mostly known as Savonarola."


| HP: 50/50 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+3 (+1 vs. traps, +1 vs. illusions) | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 vs. traps), SM +15, Bluff +8, Diplo +8, Acro +10, Climb +10, DD +14/+16, Ling +10, Local +12, SoH +12, Stealth +10 | Speed 30 ft. | Sneak Attack +3d6 | Hard to Fool: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None

"Hey, MORTALS change history all the time. Sometimes for the better, and sometimes for worse. And sometimes we just... shake things up a bit."

Girolamo Sovarola wrote:

The Half-elf then smiles mirthlessly.

"After all, if you spend decades staring (and screaming) into the abyss, something is bound to take notice..."

Lorelei raises an eyebrow. "Well that's an ominous thing to tell a bunch of people you just met." She eyes him suspiciously. "So what, you made a bargain with devils or demons or something? What is it exactly that took notice, Savon?"

Despite her light tone, Lorelei is clearly, very serious.


Richard's familiar | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/4/2 | Bardic Performance 21/21 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Savonarola! Good to meet you." Richard shakes the man's hand, careful not to overdo it. "My family has quite a few tales of those who had a crisis of faith. Some find it a temporary loss. Others were corrupted by evil. But in the end, all of us find our own path."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Lorelei is quite an investigator, isn't she? Very disarming. Quite charming.


Male Half-Elf Ex-Cleric (Channeler of the Unknown) 1 / Rogue (Sylvan Trickster) 4 (HP 50/50) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 16) (Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +5) (Init +9) (Perception +17)

Savonarola shakes his head vigorously.

"What? No! I would never dream of that! I value my immortal soul more highly than that, and have no desire to become some evil outsider's latest plaything, or chew-toy."

He then sighs.

"It is... difficult to describe. Suffice it to say, some force took an interest in a bereft vessel that was used to channeling power. In and of itself, it is not a Power, precisely, as far as I can tell; it has never explained its motives, or its desires, and I am not even sure that it has them. I simply tend to think of it as the silent personification of the Void, a piece of the Universe itself..."

Savonrola smiles mirthlessly.

"Rather apt for someone who lost the central focus of his life. To put it simply, when I die, I expect to end up in the same void of non-existence as my former deity; this life is the only one that matters, for there will be no other for me. True, I could always avoid this by dedicating myself to another, but that would be doing the memory of Aroden a disservice, and I do not believe that I deserve such a reprieve. Instead, I focus on doing what I can to improve this world, so that I will leave some kind of legacy."


| HP: 50/50 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+3 (+1 vs. traps, +1 vs. illusions) | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 vs. traps), SM +15, Bluff +8, Diplo +8, Acro +10, Climb +10, DD +14/+16, Ling +10, Local +12, SoH +12, Stealth +10 | Speed 30 ft. | Sneak Attack +3d6 | Hard to Fool: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None

"You said you've supported charity events, Richard?" Lorelei asks "Which causes did those support?"

---

Lorelei narrows her eyes even more at the kindly old priest. "You wouldn't tie yourself to a demon or a devil, but you did tie it to something you don't know?" She clearly thinks this is suspicious.

She crosses her arms across her chest and shifts her weight onto her right leg. "Voids and non-existence tend to make bad bed-mates." she remarks.

"What kind of legacy are you hoping to make?"

---

"And you, Richard?" she asks, turning to the man with curiosity. "What does a Holysmith think of mysterious voids that kindly on godless priests?"

She turns her gaze onto Sherix. "And what does a heavenly bird have to add? Do you agree with your companion?"


Richard's familiar | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/4/2 | Bardic Performance 21/21 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Some of the nobles in this town still remember the glory days. They have several books about the days of Aroden, and the many miracles that come forth. Most of the charities I've helped were designed to give the poor a good meal, entertain children without parents, and my personal favorite- free plays. It's amazing how easy it is to sneak in encouraging thoughts to a captivated audience." He grins. "Not that I would ever do that."

"Savonarola understands the value of trust, and faith. Sometimes you don't have all the answers laid before you. I won't lie. Sometimes it is easy for a dark god or a foul demon from the netherworld to masquerade as a heavenly being, promising some kind of eternal bliss, pulling you ever closer to eternal damnation. But I also know when well meaning people use abilities they don't fully comprehend to make positive results."

"Some of the people I have met and journeyed with developed magic powers when they were but teenagers. Right after puberty they could shoot fire from their hands, or put people to sleep with a snap of their fingers. They struggled- and still do- with their abilities, sometimes misfiring or surging out of control. I can't blame a devil every single time lightning comes from their hands and 'they don't know' where it came from."


HP 30/30 | AC 19 T 16 FF 17 | Saves 0/6/6 | Init 2 | Perception 12 | Master

Sherix has been scanning Savonarola for quite a bit. His story just makes her more suspicious. "Nah. Disagree. Maybe Aroden wants you to move onto one of the living gods in his name. There are plenty to pick from."

Richard chuckles. "Sherix, you say you're from the heavens and yet you can't produce miracles. Should I smite you just in case you're a demon in disguise? We have to trust each other at some point."

Sherix is quiet, but she turns and simply glares at Richard. He must have struck a nerve.


Male Half-Elf Ex-Cleric (Channeler of the Unknown) 1 / Rogue (Sylvan Trickster) 4 (HP 50/50) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 16) (Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +5) (Init +9) (Perception +17)

Savonarola shrugs.

"I made no bargains, no pacts, nor any promises. For the longest time, there was simply an abyss of nothingness, of metaphysical loneliness... and then there was power again. Different, it is true, from what I had had before, but power nonetheless. As I have said, I don't think it is a conscious entity, at least as we would define it; more of a Force of Reality. The abilities that I have now are simply... different, focused upon warping probability, and granting others a glimpse of the void (which renders them catatonic for a time). There is no beneficence, nor intrinsic malfeasance inherent to this power; nor is there any Good, or Evil. It simply is."

He then sighs.

"As to what I want? I have struggled for many years to try and leave this world a better place than when I entered it... but over the decades, I have seen it slide further and further into chaos, evil, and madness. I would reverse that if I could, but I lack the necessary hubris to believe that I am important enough to do so. Instead, I would settle for helping to change the course of Westcrown's fate."

A wistful look crosses his face.

"When Aroden was alive, this place was a beacon of hope... but with his death, that light flickered, and failed. I would see it become a beacon again!"


| HP: 50/50 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+3 (+1 vs. traps, +1 vs. illusions) | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 vs. traps), SM +15, Bluff +8, Diplo +8, Acro +10, Climb +10, DD +14/+16, Ling +10, Local +12, SoH +12, Stealth +10 | Speed 30 ft. | Sneak Attack +3d6 | Hard to Fool: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None
Richard Holysmith wrote:
"Some of the nobles in this town still remember the glory days. They have several books about the days of Aroden, and the many miracles that come forth. Most of the charities I've helped were designed to give the poor a good meal, entertain children without parents, and my personal favorite- free plays. It's amazing how easy it is to sneak in encouraging thoughts to a captivated audience." He grins. "Not that I would ever do that."

Lorelei chuckles. "Some would consider entertainment frivolous, but I know the value of a few well-placed words. However they might be delivered..." She grins back. "A thought can be a powerful thing. The truth, even more so."

---

After hearing the rest of Richard's words, she scoffs.

"Trust and faith?" She laughs. And laughs. Apparently that's hilarious.

"It think I have more in common with the bird."

She winks cheekily at Sherix.

---

After Girolamo's response Lorelei cocks her head at him. "I'll let you off with that for now." she replies slowly, clearly still suspicious.

"Fate?" she scoffs. "More religious non-sense. I will agree that Westcrown is currently upon a road to ruin, and I hope through our actions--both here and in our lives outside this place--we can alter this city's course. Perhaps, THAT, at least, we can agree on?"


HP 30/30 | AC 19 T 16 FF 17 | Saves 0/6/6 | Init 2 | Perception 12 | Master

"See? She gets it!" Sherix chirps. "You're too gullible, Rich." Richard just rolls his eyes.


Richard's familiar | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/4/2 | Bardic Performance 21/21 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

Richard shrugs. "Well Lorelei, you seem to be focused on cold hard evidence- to make sure the truth is right in front of you, undeniable." He turns to face her. "What drives you to find the truth? Certainly you have to believe in something before you start searching for evidence to verify it."


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:26,12,24. Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal sits back in his chair relaxed as the new 'recruits' discuss the intricacies of divine beings and divine power or the necessity of truth and evidence. It was all rather tedious to him. Tal knew where the real power was kept. That power was his arm holding his new sword. Yes in order for them to succeed in Westcrown they needed the support of all the different factions in the city but until then the only change that was going to happen would be brought upon by his sword arm. Only after such action could people (nobles or their ilk) talk about power. Even Areal was no different when you really thought about it. Yes he wanted change for a better Westcrown but Areal knew that he did not have the strength to make it happen. He was a visionary and could rally the people to him.

Letting out a yawn after the long exhausting night Tal kept his piece as he tried to listen to the ebb and flow of the words around him. It was hard to follow when it didn't' matter much to him and slowly Tal could feel himself drifting off to sleep. Even as he drifted off though his hand never relaxed its grip on the sack or its precious contents.

Keep talking away guys and rp. Just not having much to add in the way of theological debates at the moment.


| HP: 50/50 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+3 (+1 vs. traps, +1 vs. illusions) | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 vs. traps), SM +15, Bluff +8, Diplo +8, Acro +10, Climb +10, DD +14/+16, Ling +10, Local +12, SoH +12, Stealth +10 | Speed 30 ft. | Sneak Attack +3d6 | Hard to Fool: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None

"What drives me?" she asks with a smile. "Curiosity, of course! With a huge side helping of stubbornness and skepticism."

Seeing Tal settle in to nap she asks Arael: "So do we get to see what's in the bag yet, or are you just going to tease us with it?"


Richard's familiar | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/4/2 | Bardic Performance 21/21 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Heh, curiosity. That, we agree upon. You have to keep your eyes and ears open for the next big scoop. You never know when a 'secret' party has a guest who can get you in the right place at the right time." He chuckles. "Very useful when evading overzealous Hellknight patrols."


Male Half-Elf Cleric of Iomedae 3

Arael stood by and listened to the debate. It always amazed him when new recruits met. Here are folks from many different backgrounds, ideas, and goals. They worshiped different gods. He looks at Girolamo. Well most of them! The one thing they did have in common was, for whatever their reasons, they wanted to make Westcrown a better place. Yes! This group will be most effective. He thinks to himself. Noticing a sleeping Tal, Arael has pity on him. What have you seen this night my friend!

Arael dispatches Ermolos, busy cleaning Tal's armor, to fetch Lily. He'll like that! The cleric muses. He also sees that Monday, Tuesday, Mera and Naberius are will fed and sent to their quarters for some rest before they meet their groups.

He is jarred from his musings when Lorelei asks what's in the bag.

Indeed! Let us let Master Tal rest for an hour then reconvene in that room over their in an hour. In the meantime, please partake of breakfast. We are still waiting on someone to shed light on what's in the bag and another of your group.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

Feel free to keep rp'ing before the meeting.

After an hour you all are ushered into the room by Arael and you each take a seat. Arael introduces you a beautiful woman dressed in well-worn armor. She looks around the room at the new faces and smiles. When she spots the still sleepy Tal, her smile widens. Glad to see you survived the Mayor's exercise in extravagance, gluttony and inebriation! She then gets to the matter at hand, I am Ailyn Ghontasavos, a memeber of the Pathfinder Society.

In late 4605 ar, a Pathfnder named Donatalus Bisby returned to Westcrown from a mission to the Mwangi Expanse—a mission previously believed to have been lost. Bisby’s unexpected return brought much celebration, despite the fact that of the dozens who traveled with him to the southern jungles, only he and his chronicler had returned. Word soon spread that Bisby’s journals would revolutionize what was known about certain lost tribes of the Mwangi, and that he brought back with him a potent artifact. Yet before his journals could be published, Aroden died.

Upon Aroden’s death, panic seized Cheliax. Details of what happened in Delvehaven are sparse, but it seems that the majority of the Pathfnders stationed in Westcrown—Bisby included— perished in the riots and mayhem. Worse, his journal and all of Delvehaven’s artifacts were cut off from the Society for over thirty years. In 4674 ar, many years afer the House of Thrune seized control of Cheliax, they made a great show of reopening Delvehaven and inviting a select few Pathfnders back to run the lodge—but those choices were not the Grand Lodge’s to make. The House of Thrune only agreed to Delvehaven’s reopening if Chelish Pathfnders of their choosing were to manage the site, and the Society reluctantly agreed to the conditions. Securing an accurate list of what had and hadn’t survived in Delvehaven’s vaults was a political nightmare—the House of Thrune and their pet Pathfnders reported that nothing of value remained, but they were resistant to letting anyone from outside make their own inventory and exploration of the ruins. To the public, the lodge seemed to be run by the Society, but in truth we have very little idea exactly what was going on in Delvehaven during those years. The whole situation seemed to be coming to a head, with a full-on clash
between the House of Thrune and the Society imminent, but as things worked out, Delvehaven didn’t remain active under Thrune’s
control for long.

In 4676 ar, something happened in Delvehaven that caused the deaths of all the Thrune Pathfnders and its subsequent sealing by the government itself. The House of Thrune has to this date refused to open Delvehaven or allow the Society access to the lodge, and various conflicts with the Aspis Consortium and the House of Thrune in other parts of Cheliax since then have effectively distracted us from Delvehaven’s legacy. General consensus in the Society today is that Thrune looted Delvehaven to the root and that nothing of value remains within.

But I’m not so sure. Over the past several months, I’ve grown more and more intrigued by the unexplained mysteries of exactly what happened in Delvehaven. Of perhaps more interest to you as Westcrown natives, I’ve learned a bit about the artifact Bisby returned with, an artifact that was in Delvehaven at the time of Aroden’s death and that hasn’t been seen since. Notes on this artifact are vague, alas, but from an initial report sent from Delvehaven just before Aroden’s death, it would appear that the artifact had ties to a dualistic religion of light and shadow. The fact that it was only a few weeks after the House of Thrune closed up Delvehaven that the shadow beasts frst appeared in Westcrown can’t be a coincidence. I suspect that they found this artifact in Delvehaven, but in so doing triggered the lodge’s defenses and caused something. I’m not saying that the source of the shadow beasts is hidden in Delvehaven, or even that the artifact is involved—but in my experience, there are no coincidences.

I believe that the Chelish Crux that Tal and his companions, I hope, retrieved from the Lord-Mayor's house will shed light on this.

She looks at Tal hopefully. Do you have it and did you open it?


Richard's familiar | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/4/2 | Bardic Performance 21/21 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Ooh, breakfast!" Richard's mind switches straight to food. "All of this philosophy is making me hungry!"

Richard breaks off some of the baked goods and offers it to Sherix, who is also glad to eat.

...or he would, only when he sees a beautiful woman enter. Sherix pauses mid bite only to roll her eyes. "Oh please, Richard."

"Greetings Ailyn. What is your goal in this? What would you have us do, potentially?" Richard isn't sure if he's getting set on an artifact hunt or a devil hunt. He keeps the question open ended.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Richard is quite distracted by her hair, though...

Sherix's Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
And Sherix is quite hungry! She hops onto the plate and pecks at some bread.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:26,12,24. Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal stirs in his chair as he is awoken to head to the more private room. Sorry about that. thanks for the quick bit of shut eye. It is amazing what a little sleep does for the body. By the way can you send a message to Lily for me to let her know I am safe.

Arriving in the small room Tal sits down and nods to Ailyn in greeting again. Well met. I look forward to listening to more of why we had to break into that hell. Tal is relaxed as he says it, without malice. Any frustrations and anger that he may have previously had when he first arrived were now gone after the brief respite.

Tal listens intently to the story and refrains from interrupting till the end. A lot of what Ailyn said made some sense but he still had his questions. Why did the Pathfinders even allow the House of Thrune to open Delvehaven without the Pathfinders controlling it? Regardless of the answer though, you want us to go in and see what is left of the place. Just by coincidence there might be some connection to the Shadow Beasts and hopefully there are clues inside that may help us.

At this point I am willing to take the risk on the chance that any information is better than none. And you hope that what I have in my sack will give us the necessary information to both enter Delvehaven and navigate whatever defenses were triggered within.

With that Tal takes the sack off his shoulder and gently brings out the dodecahedron looking thing. I have not examined it fully as I did not think staying in that hell longer than necessary was wise, but it is hollow with something inside.


Male Half-Elf Ex-Cleric (Channeler of the Unknown) 1 / Rogue (Sylvan Trickster) 4 (HP 50/50) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 16) (Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +5) (Init +9) (Perception +17)

Savonarola nods towards the device.

"May I...?"

After muttering a brief prayer for Guidance, he then tries to open it.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 15 + 1 = 30.

If that doesn't work, I will keep trying until it does...:

Disable Device: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 1 = 24.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 15 + 1 = 27.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 1 = 25.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 15 + 1 = 20.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 15 + 1 = 29.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 15 + 1 = 31.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 1 = 24.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 15 + 1 = 36.

...and if that doesn't work, well, I guess I admit defeat!


| HP: 50/50 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+3 (+1 vs. traps, +1 vs. illusions) | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 vs. traps), SM +15, Bluff +8, Diplo +8, Acro +10, Climb +10, DD +14/+16, Ling +10, Local +12, SoH +12, Stealth +10 | Speed 30 ft. | Sneak Attack +3d6 | Hard to Fool: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None

Lorelei eyes the bag curiously for a long, long moment, before finally turning to follow Arael towards breakfast. She sits at a table, happily piling food onto her plate and eating it with gusto. She has relatively poor table manners, and eats as if she's not sure when she will again.

When Ailyn finally enters the room, Lorelei stuffs one final bite of carrot muffin in her mouth, and nods at the woman in greeting. When she swallows, she takes a gulp of coffee to wash it down, wipes her hands on a napkin, and stands, offering the woman a handshake. "Lorelei Truth-speaker." she announces, introducing herself.

As Richard stares at the woman, Lorelei rolls her eyes right along with Sherix.

"You've peaked my interest, if not my confidence." Lorelei remarks. "Delvehaven has long been a hotbed of conspiracy theories. I've done a good deal of digging in regards to the place--and the suspicious correlation between the building's closing and the appearance of the shadow beasts. Up until now, I've lacked the resources to attempt to enter the building." she smiles widely. "I'm more than up for a trip to those dank halls. Though it's rumoured to be very dangerous."

After a moment, her wild smile drops and she seems very serious. "I've never heard of this artifact you're alluding to. Where did you come upon this information?"

After a moment she asks, "And where are you from?" She wants to know which country, city and lodge.

"You had Tal obtain an object for you, but didn't accompany him yourself?" Lorelei clarifies. "Why is that?"

"And while we're on the topic of getting other people to do dangerous jobs for you: this infiltration of Delvehaven you're so kindly suggesting we undertake. Do you have any intention of joining us? Or will we be the only ones in danger?"

"The Chelish Crux?" Lorelei asks, looking at it the moment it's removed from the bag.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24 Or 26 vs. traps

"Hollow, hey?" she clarifies. "Let me see." But, as the old priest fiddles with the device... and fiddles and fiddles... her patience thins. Eventually she crosses her arms and sighs. "You didn't even look at the thing before trying to break in." she scolds. "Have a care, old man. It's not always what's inside that matters."


Richard's familiar | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/4/2 | Bardic Performance 21/21 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"No...it's always the inside that counts, not the outside..." Richard half heartedly recites a children's tale about inner beauty.

Sense Motive DC 29:

Bluff: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

While he is reciting a children's tale about people's inner qualities, he is trying to cover his obvious attraction to Ailyn as he continues staring at her.

Sherix gets in his face and chrips loudly enough to get his attention. "I'm guessing it will be the four of us- plausible deniability, easier to sneak around, too much responsibility to spend, that sort of thing. The usual." He shrugs.

Savonarola and Lorelei begin arguing over who gets to open the Chelish Crux. "Hehe. Don't break your new toy, now."

Richard tries to recall any stories or facts about the Chelish Crux. He doesn't have Bardic Knowledge due to his archetype, so here are the K skills he has ranks in.
Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Knowledge (local): 18 + 5 = 23
Knowledge (nobility): 18 + 5 = 23
Knowledge (planes): 18 + 6 = 24
Knowledge (religion): 18 + 6 = 24

Sherix can make those Knowledge skills, as well.
Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Knowledge (local): 18 - 1 = 17
Knowledge (nobility): 18 - 1 = 17
Knowledge (planes): 18 + 0 = 18
Knowledge (religion): 18 + 0 = 18


| HP: 50/50 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+3 (+1 vs. traps, +1 vs. illusions) | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 vs. traps), SM +15, Bluff +8, Diplo +8, Acro +10, Climb +10, DD +14/+16, Ling +10, Local +12, SoH +12, Stealth +10 | Speed 30 ft. | Sneak Attack +3d6 | Hard to Fool: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None

Sense Motive on Richard: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

Lorelei has a few checks she can make on the Crux from afar, other than her perception, depending what it looks like.

Local: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Linguistics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

She also speaks eight languages, including Infernal, in case it's devilly, lol.


Human Witch 5
Richard Holysmith wrote:

"I'm guessing it will be the four of us- plausible deniability, easier to sneak around, too much responsibility to spend, that sort of thing. The usual." He shrugs.

"Five, perhaps."

The words came from what appeared to be a pile of old clothes in the corner that had been awaiting charitable distribution.

The pile shifts and a small, bedraggled and somehow wrong looking figure emerges.

"There that is done. It was a bigger job than we expected. But more comfortable than a season in hell."

Those present with a connection to the Opera house will recognize Pollux. The eccentric and occasionally skilled scene painter for the Opera.
Those who know Pollux tend to find the odd painter likeable. Often in spite of their better instincts.

(Amazing what Evil eye, Misfortune, and Charm hexes can do for making friends and influencing people.)


Richard's familiar | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/4/2 | Bardic Performance 21/21 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Well then..." Richard's used to speaking to those not as presentable as himself. He extends his hand for a shake. "Who might you be? I like the dramatic entrance, by the by."


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:26,12,24. Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal looks at the bundle of rags as a queer sense of deja vu passes over him. Somewhere somehow to is certain that he has met this man before...perhaps in a different place or time. Or rather the same place and time but a different...something. The moment passes though as Pollux makes himself known to the group. Ah welcome and what was a bigger job than expected? The play or the dinner? Or both? The name is Tal by the way. I assume by your presence that you are the last of my new companions that Areal spoke of.


| HP: 50/50 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+3 (+1 vs. traps, +1 vs. illusions) | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 vs. traps), SM +15, Bluff +8, Diplo +8, Acro +10, Climb +10, DD +14/+16, Ling +10, Local +12, SoH +12, Stealth +10 | Speed 30 ft. | Sneak Attack +3d6 | Hard to Fool: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None

Lorelei watches the beggar, one eyebrow raised in curiosity.

She doesn't speak yet, instead she waits to see and hear what she can about this new arrival.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29

I don't actually expect a reply for those rolls. Haha.


Human Witch 5
Richard Holysmith wrote:
"Well then..." Richard's used to speaking to those not as presentable as himself. He extends his hand for a shake. "Who might you be? I like the dramatic entrance, by the by."

"Your hair smells edible.." The vagabond's head shakes. Eyes more focused now....

Pollux looks at the door, hands in coat pockets... "Dramatic? I don't see it. Blends into the wall. Nothing pulls the eyes to the door. Maybe a strong slant light and a soft color .."

Pollux rapidly extends a hand. There is a reddish worn string tied to the third finger and leading back into the pocket. "Pollux. Me, used to be dead, didn't work. Try again later. Now I paint when we're not traitoring for Arel."

It is the wrong hand.

Tal wrote:
"Ah welcome and what was a bigger job than expected? The play or the dinner? Or both? The name is Tal by the way. I assume by your presence that you are the last of my new companions that Areal spoke of."

"Last?" Pollux's head tilts. Filthy hair now covers the other eye. "Last....No not last. Death skips with us. There will be more."

There is an uncomfortable pause.

"Castor! You really should meet Castor." Pollux begins to pull on the string. Quite a bit comes out. The shade of red changes along the string. Darker, lighter, pink and frayed to nearly black and stiff. "He is here somewhere. He will want to meet such nice smelling people." With a last tug Pollux reaches the end of the string. Dangling there is the freshly severed paw of a grey cat. The stump is still moist.

"Ah, courting. He'll be back later. Anyway he was helping me with the clothes. They told me they had to be repaired. It was fun." Pollux wadds the string into kind of a nest for the catspaw. "Kind of like this place really." There are a few words you can't quite hear and the red string twists itself into a small knit bag.
Yes I know I am overstepping what the Mending Cantrip can do. Dramatic licence?

"Areal finds me entertaining, she thinks you will too. Useful anyway."

{@Lorelei The beggar's clothes are in perfect repair. The fabric is or at least was high quality. Pollux's demeanor is not an act, but there is something under there. Something watching from behind the noise.}


Richard's familiar | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/4/2 | Bardic Performance 21/21 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

Richard, not skipping a beat, switches hands and continues to shake.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

"I'm certain Castor and I will make friends in due time. You should say hello to my friend Sherix. She...Sherix, don't be so rude. Sorry, she's always on edge when she meets new people."

Sense Motive DC 31:

Bluff: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Richard is also on edge as Pollux has managed to unsettle him. Still, a brave face goes a long way.

"Where did you paint, by the way? I've seen many houses in my time as an actor." He casts a sideways glance at Tal. "Come to think about it, weren't you in a play, recently? The Six Trials of Larazod, by any chance? I was in the back row, trying to see what the rage was about the" airquotes "Murderplays were all about. Such vulgarity."


HP 30/30 | AC 19 T 16 FF 17 | Saves 0/6/6 | Init 2 | Perception 12 | Master

Sherix stays perched on Richard's shoulders, keeping her mouth shut but observing Pollux's every movement. She doesn't like it. She doesn't like it one bit.


| HP: 50/50 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+3 (+1 vs. traps, +1 vs. illusions) | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 vs. traps), SM +15, Bluff +8, Diplo +8, Acro +10, Climb +10, DD +14/+16, Ling +10, Local +12, SoH +12, Stealth +10 | Speed 30 ft. | Sneak Attack +3d6 | Hard to Fool: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18

---

Arael recruited a madman. He must be far more desperate than I thought.

Lorelei shares a look with Sherix, happy to see she and the bird agree at least--the bird was fast proving to be the wisest of her new companions.

She casts a glance to Arael and raises an eyebrow at him, clearly conveying unamused disappointment.

Then she turns her eyes back to the crazed beggar-painter to see how this plays out.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:26,12,24. Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Definitely something is off about this guys but who knows what horrors he has been put through by the rulers of Westcrown. He mentions having died once, I wonder if that is accurate or just a metaphor for how he feels about this place.

Tal clears his throat as Pollux mentions death walking with them. I, uh, guess I do not see it quite the same way as you do, sir. After all I have not lost a member of the group yet and don't plan on doing so anytime soon. I take my responsibility here very seriously and if something should befall anyone who is with me then that is a failing on my part. I will simply not have that happen. Yet you mentioned being dead once. Did Areal bring you back and that is why you are joining his cause?

Now then, about Castor, eyeing the severed cat's paw, I guess we will have to meet him when he finds time for us. Uh, about that cat's paw...is that like a lucky rabbit's foot, I hope?


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map
Richard wrote:
"Greetings Ailyn. What is your goal in this? What would you have us do, potentially?"

Ailyn smiles a flirtatious smile. Greetings! My goal is that we might find a way to finally defeat the shadow beasts. I am sure that Araels and Janiven’s goal is to show the people what House Thrune cannot or won’t do. To find that secret you will need to infiltrate Delvehaven.

Tal wrote:
By the way can you send a message to Lily for me to let her know I am safe.

I believe Arael has already done that. She should be anon. Ailyn says as Arael nods his assent.

Tal wrote:
Why did the Pathfinders even allow the House of Thrune to open Delvehaven without the Pathfinders controlling it?

Ah! That’s the rub. We had no influence who House Thrune chose to re-open delvehaven just as we have no choice now. While the Pathfinders are powerful and influential in many areas of the world. Westcrown is not one of those places.

Tal wrote:
Regardless of the answer though, you want us to go in and see what is left of the place. Just by coincidence there might be some connection to the Shadow Beasts and hopefully there are clues inside that may help us.

Exactly! Ailyn shouts as she nods enthusiastically.

Lorelei wrote:
"You've peaked my interest, if not my confidence." Lorelei remarks. "Delvehaven has long been a hotbed of conspiracy theories. I've done a good deal of digging in regards to the place--and the suspicious correlation between the building's closing and the appearance of the shadow beasts. Up until now, I've lacked the resources to attempt to enter the building." she smiles widely. "I'm more than up for a trip to those dank halls. Though it's rumoured to be very dangerous."

Many thanks! The pathfinders and I will always be in your debt and any that choose to go with you.

Lorelei wrote:
"I've never heard of this artifact you're alluding to. Where did you come upon this information?"

I came across this information while researching Delvehaven in the libraries of Skyreach at the Great Lodge in Absalom. That is also where I am from.

Lorelei wrote:
"You had Tal obtain an object for you, but didn't accompany him yourself?" Lorelei clarifies. "Why is that?"

I discovered that the artifact was deep into the Lord-Mayor’s house and without an invitation, it would be extremely dangerous to infiltrate. It is much easier when you have an invitation as Tal and the others did after successfully starring in The Six Trials of Larazod, I could not be in the play as I am no Mera Wist-Thrune or as skilled with a blade as Tal or as talented with the magic arts as Naberius or so likeable as Monday.

Lorelei wrote:
"And while we're on the topic of getting other people to do dangerous jobs for you: this infiltration of Delvehaven you're so kindly suggesting we undertake. Do you have any intention of joining us? Or will we be the only ones in danger?"

Unfortunately I cannot accompany you. The Pathfinder Lodge has not sanctioned this mission, in fact they do not even know about it! I am here on my own accord. I snuck into the city under the guise of a common mercenary, but if my true identity is discovered especially while infiltrating Delvehaven, well let’s just say Pathfinders are not welcomed in Westcrown, but that incident could lead to an all-out war!

I will try to help you in any way that I can.

Richard wrote:
"No...it's always the inside that counts, not the outside..."

Ailyn smiles. A very noble sentiment!

@Richard: All you’ve heard is rumors that it was one of the many treasures stored in the Lord-Mayor’s house, but not much else.
Ailyn is just as surprised when the pile she dismissed as a heap of rags when she entered the room suddenly comes to life! Well! Greetings to you as well!

Lorelei wrote:
She casts a glance to Arael and raises an eyebrow at him, clearly conveying unamused disappointment.

Areal returns Lorelei’s glance with a shrug and a bemused smile.

Gorolamo with an assist from Lorelei figure that one must trace the rune on each side of the box (twelve in all) with their finger in the proper order. Five times after the runes have been traced, the crux glows with a soft red light, that flashes into fire.

@Girolamo: Give me 5 reflex saving throws DC15. Pass 1 point of fire damage, Fail 2 points.

On the sixth try, the crux unfolds and inside you discover a severed head that shrieks and begins hurling curses at you in infernal, a leather portfolio, three scrolls, a silver box and two wands.


| HP: 50/50 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+3 (+1 vs. traps, +1 vs. illusions) | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 vs. traps), SM +15, Bluff +8, Diplo +8, Acro +10, Climb +10, DD +14/+16, Ling +10, Local +12, SoH +12, Stealth +10 | Speed 30 ft. | Sneak Attack +3d6 | Hard to Fool: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None
DM RichD wrote:
Lorelei wrote:
"And while we're on the topic of getting other people to do dangerous jobs for you: this infiltration of Delvehaven you're so kindly suggesting we undertake. Do you have any intention of joining us? Or will we be the only ones in danger?"

Unfortunately I cannot accompany you. The Pathfinder Lodge has not sanctioned this mission, in fact they do not even know about it! I am here on my own accord. I snuck into the city under the guise of a common mercenary, but if my true identity is discovered especially while infiltrating Delvehaven, well let’s just say Pathfinders are not welcomed in Westcrown, but that incident could lead to an all-out war!

I will try to help you in any way that I can.

Lorelei scoffs. "Your excuse for not coming is that you're not allowed?" she shakes her head at Ailyn's hypocrisy.

---

As Lorelei helps Girolamo get the Crux open she leans in to get a better look. She listens to the cursing head. After a moment she asks the head in Infernal:

Infernal:

"And who might you be?"

She also reaches for the leather portfolio, opening it and examining what's inside.


Richard's familiar | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/4/2 | Bardic Performance 21/21 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

Sherix shifts her attention from the creepy beggar to the screaming head. Richard stops gawking at Ailyn and listens to the head for a moment before simply shushing it.

Infernal:

"Quiet! Or I'll send your remains straight back to your master!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Knowledge(Planes): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Sherix's Knowledge(Planes): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
What kind of head is it? What creature does it belong to? Richard ponders as he draws a complete blank. Maybe Sherix knows?

Richard takes the opportunity to analyze the magical items.

Spellcraft vs Scroll 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Spellcraft vs Scroll 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Spellcraft vs Scroll 3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Spellcraft vs Wand 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Spellcraft vs Wand 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

3,351 to 3,395 of 3,395 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Play-by-Post

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.