Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign

Game Master Briccone

Council of Thieves Book 2: The Sixfold Trial
Part 4: The Cornucopia
The PC's are supposed to be wined and dined, but they must infiltrate the Lord-Mayor's house during an elaborate feast called The Cornucopia!


3,151 to 3,197 of 3,197 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>

NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

Forgot to roll rounds for Mera and Monday's paralysis.

Mera: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Monday: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


m Human Ftr 3/Rgr 1 HP:50/50 AC*:26,12,24. Saves:7/6*/5 CMB: +9 CMD: 23 Init: +3 Perc: +9 Link to the spreadsheet

Seeing his co Landon's freeze around him Tal does the only thing he can and continues to attack the creatures in front of him hoping to destroy them before they are overwhelmed.

Power attack on Jabe 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 2 + 1 = 25 for 1d8 + 9 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 - 2 + 1 = 12
Crit confirm 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 2 + 1 = 21 for 1d8 + 9 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 - 2 + 1 = 11
Cleave attack 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 2 + 1 = 10 for 1d8 + 9 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 - 2 + 1 = 15

AC 24 full hp


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

Round 2 Con't

Tal takes out drowned Jabe but his follow-up attack misses.

ROUND 3
Mera 21 (18/22) WOUNDED, PARALYZED, SICKENED
Lacedon 3 18 (5/13) WOUNDED
Lacedon 1 16 (-3/13) DEAD
Naberius/Vasco 15 (22/24) (12/12)WOUNDED, PARALYZED
Lacedon 2 13 (13/13)
Monday/Tuesday 12 (13/20)(22/22) WOUNDED
Drowned Jabe 12 (-6/17) DEAD
Tal 10 (38/38) SICKENED

Mera starts to get some feeling in her limbs but still can't move. The lacedon in front of Tuesday tries to bite and claw him and the other tries to do the same to Tal.

Bite Tuesday: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Claw 1 Tuesday: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Claw 2 Tuesday: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Bite Tal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Claw 1Tal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Claw 2Tal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

A claw gets through on Tuesday, but no attacks get through on Tal.

Claw Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

If Tuesday can be paralyzed, roll me a DC13 Fort save.

Next up: Tuesday and Tal

Tactical Map updated.


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

Tuesday Paralysis: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

No pressure, Tal, no pressure at all!:P


m Human Ftr 3/Rgr 1 HP:50/50 AC*:26,12,24. Saves:7/6*/5 CMB: +9 CMD: 23 Init: +3 Perc: +9 Link to the spreadsheet

The bad news kept on coming it seemed as the entire party was paralyzed but Tal. Saying a prayer to Gorum under his breath for guidance Tal swung at the creature in front of him hoping to kill it and advance on the last one.

Power attack 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 11 for 1d8 + 9 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 17 forgot favored enemy undead the last 2 attacks.

Clearly Tal quick prayer for guidance offended Gorum and Tal made a promise to himself to atone for whatever it was he did to offend the god.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

Round 3 Con't

Tal tries to strike one of the lacedons but misses.

Round 4
Mera 21 (18/22) WOUNDED, SICKENED
Lacedon 3 18 (5/13) WOUNDED
Lacedon 1 16 (-3/13) DEAD
Naberius/Vasco 15 (22/24) (12/12)WOUNDED, PARALYZED
Lacedon 2 13 (13/13)
Monday/Tuesday 12 (13/20)(17/22) WOUNDED
Drowned Jabe 12 (-6/17) DEAD
Tal 10 (38/38) SICKENED

Mera can move again and in her mind she hears, Strike one of them now while they are distracted!

The lacedons, sensing victory, attack Tal.

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Claw 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Claw 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Claw 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Claw 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

But nothing gets past his armor.

Next up: Mera & Tal

Tactical Map Updated.


m Human Ftr 3/Rgr 1 HP:50/50 AC*:26,12,24. Saves:7/6*/5 CMB: +9 CMD: 23 Init: +3 Perc: +9 Link to the spreadsheet

Relieved to see that Mera is awake and moving again Tal manages to get his shield up a few times between the undead creatures and himself. All of the claw and bite attacks bounced harmlessly off the solid shield. In a break from the attacks against him Tal returns the favor wishing he could attack both of them this turn at once.

power attack northern lacedon 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 2 + 2 = 14 for 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 = 18


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

Round 4 Con't

Tal destroys the lacedon next to him.

Next Up: Mera

Tactical Map Updated.


m Human Ftr 3/Rgr 1 HP:50/50 AC*:26,12,24. Saves:7/6*/5 CMB: +9 CMD: 23 Init: +3 Perc: +9 Link to the spreadsheet

mera?


Female Human Bard/4 Init +3 | Perception +7 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 28/28 | Fort +2 / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Present!

Mera gasps loudly as her body begins to once more respond as she had intended. Overcome with multiple sensations and seeing the situation devolve around her, she tries to focus on the situation around her to prevent it from devolving further. The sound of her performance moments ago still echoes in the chamber and she channels that as her focus with three breaths to recenter herself.

Anvengen's Edge wrote:
Strike one of them now while they are distracted!

No! It is not the best course of action at this juncture!

Mera surveys the dire situation around her and suddenly gives in to the voice in her head and as she moves east around Tal to get better positioning. While striding into position she drops her crossbow and pulls the glaive off her back, sliding it into her right hand. Rounding the corner adjacent to Tal she spins her body ninety degrees and levels the glaive towards the head of the lacedon while unleashing a shrill that resembles a feral cry of a wolf.

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Glaive attack action + IC?: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 1 = 21
Damage+IC: 1d10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10


Female Human Bard/4 Init +3 | Perception +7 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 28/28 | Fort +2 / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Well whoops. The first time I rolled that will save I thought I failed. In retrospect it looks like I passed. It also appears I threatened with that attack. And confirmed. I supposed a crit with my first attack is appropriate, no?

confirm: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 1 = 20
Crit damage: 2d10 + 8 ⇒ (7, 1) + 8 = 16


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

Sorry, it was a busy weekend that spilled into Monday.

Mera feels waves of ecstasy as the glaive plunges into the lacedon and out the other side. As she extracts the weapon it carries rotted organs with it and the lacedon collapses in a heap. In her mind she hears, Thank you!

Out of Round Mode.

After a few moments, Naberius and the twins begin to stir.

Mera (24/28)
Naberius (22/24)
Monday/Tuesday(13/20)(17/22)


Female Human Bard/4 Init +3 | Perception +7 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 28/28 | Fort +2 / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

After the battle over she holds her pose with the glaive grasped tightly in her hands, knuckling turning white. She breathes a little heavier than normal with an audible strain in her exhale. Slowly the bloodlust exits her thoughts and she looks over to Naberius and the twins. She asks with concern, "Is, is everyone ok?"

The fact that she had been wounded suddenly comes back to her mind and she gasps when she sees the wound on her forearm. "Ah, that hurts something terrible!"


m Human Ftr 3/Rgr 1 HP:50/50 AC*:26,12,24. Saves:7/6*/5 CMB: +9 CMD: 23 Init: +3 Perc: +9 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal sees the effect that Mera's brutal attack had on her.... the white knuckles, the pause after taking it all in, the heavy breathing. Moving slowly over to her Tal puts his hand on her uninjured arm and gently lowers it downward. I am fine. The real question is how are you? and I don't mean the wound on your arm.


Female Human Bard/4 Init +3 | Perception +7 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 28/28 | Fort +2 / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera feels something on her face and reaches up to find some splatter from her recent explosion of violence. Wiping it away and creating a worse mess of a smear she puts on a clearly false smile. "Fine. I'm fine. I'm, uh, going to clean up. Give me a moment please."

She wipes her head again and frowns. Stowing the weapon, she moves towards the pool she crouches down in front of it begins to wash away the blood while she converses with the voice in her head. Don't ever make me do that again! Do you hear me?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 12 | HP 30/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

As he finally recovers from his paralysis, Naberius lets out a rather undignified shriek of terror, scrambling out of the room on all fours. He leans against a wall, breathing shallowly and doing his best to clean and bind his wound while muttering to himself in a panicked tone. "No, no, no... I will not be one of them..."

Knowledge (religion) to know stuff about ghouls: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

...you know, mainly the getting bit part.


m Human Ftr 3/Rgr 1 HP:50/50 AC*:26,12,24. Saves:7/6*/5 CMB: +9 CMD: 23 Init: +3 Perc: +9 Link to the spreadsheet

Am I the only sane one here? Tal leaves Mera be for a moment as she begins to wash the goreoff of her. Heading to Naberius Tal shakes him roughtly trying to clear his head and return him to his senses. Naberius, snap out of it man. You're talking and babbling to yourself. Still gripping Naberius Tal implores Monday. Give me a hand over here. Naberius is in shock or something.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

@Naberius:
You know that you and everyone bitten has been exposed to ghoul fever and each day if you are not healthy enough to fight the disease 2 Consecutive Fort Saves then you won't be as healthy or move as well. You also know that A humanoid who dies of ghoul fever rises as a ghoul at the next midnight. A humanoid who becomes a ghoul in this way retains none of the abilities it possessed in life. It is not under the control of any other ghouls, but it hungers for the flesh of the living and behaves like a normal ghoul in all
respects.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

B10

Feel free to keep RPing and remember Naberius did detect magic at the bottom of the pool.

B11

When you are all ready to move on...

The walls of this twisting circular tunnel are of smooth polished gray stone, shimmering with moisture and sloping downward at a sharp angle.

Everyone give me a DC14 Acrobatic Check

Tactical Map Updated

Mera (24/28)
Naberius (22/24)
Monday/Tuesday(13/20)(17/22)


m Human Ftr 3/Rgr 1 HP:50/50 AC*:26,12,24. Saves:7/6*/5 CMB: +9 CMD: 23 Init: +3 Perc: +9 Link to the spreadsheet

Once it seems everyone is settled down and rp is done Tal will definitely dive down to check it out.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

"Nabe..." Monday softly says as the paralysis wears off. She then slowly takes steps toward the infernalist.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 12 | HP 30/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Naberius remains largely insensible as he is addressed by Tal, reacting to being rattled by yet more muttering and whimpering. On Monday's approach, he seems to calm down somewhat—or at least, his fears are directed elsewhere. The wizard struggles to his feet, shaking himself free from Tal's grasp. His expression is somewhere between concern and dread as he approaches the spiritualist, looking her over for injuries.

"Are you alright?" he says hoarsely. "Were you... were you bit?"


m Human Ftr 3/Rgr 1 HP:50/50 AC*:26,12,24. Saves:7/6*/5 CMB: +9 CMD: 23 Init: +3 Perc: +9 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal realizes belatedly that his actions may did more harm than good. As Monday approached Naberius and that helped settle him down Tal withdrew from the 2 of them and went to Mera after she had a moment. It seems that Naberius was quite shaken up but Monday is calming him down. How is that scratch of yours? Feeling better or do you still need a moment?


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Monday waits a moment before responding "I'll be fine, are you okay?"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 12 | HP 30/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Naberius looks at the relatively insignificant-looking wound on his arm, shaking his head vigorously.

"No," he says. "Anyone who was bit is in danger. Gh-ghouls... perpetuate through their... their bites. There is a period of intense fever, and then..."

The wizard shudders and props himself against a wall, looking like he might faint.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

"I'm from Ustalav, I know about them and the other Eaters and Drinkers. Don't worry, it takes awhile, and we'll get some healing before then. That or your infernal ties will fight it off for you." Monday counters.


Female Human Bard/4 Init +3 | Perception +7 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 28/28 | Fort +2 / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera washes off the blood the best she can, unable to completely remove it from her stained garment. After her hands are cleansed of the blood and gore, she looks at her reflection in the body of water while answering Tal. "I'm better, thank you. I just needed to compose myself is all. I was a little shaken by the escalation of events. Standing in front of the curtains in the light, that's where I shine. Not here, in the darkness of never-ever."

Looking around at her surrounding she sighs loudly as she pushes herself up by her knees. "But, we have a mission to accomplish and must get back to it."


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

When everyone is ready to move on, give me those reflex checks.

Mera (24/28)
Naberius (22/24)
Monday/Tuesday(13/20)(17/22)


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 12 | HP 30/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Naberius is quiet for a moment, smoothing his ruffled hair and absently fixing his attire.

"Yes, I suppose you would have a unique perspective on the issue," he mutters reluctantly. "Though I do not share your confidence in our capability to accomplish our task within said timeframe, nor my own constitution, should that come to be tested. We are already running low on resources, and might require rest before this is all through..."

The wizard lets go of the wall, standing straight with something resembling determination. "But you are right. We might as well try to carry on. Regardless, I would rather die than succumb."


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Monday smiles at the Infernalist as some fight returns to him. "Good!"


m Human Ftr 3/Rgr 1 HP:50/50 AC*:26,12,24. Saves:7/6*/5 CMB: +9 CMD: 23 Init: +3 Perc: +9 Link to the spreadsheet

We all thrive in different circumstances. That is what makes us unique. By combining our abilities we can and will get through this darkness of the nEver-ever as you put it And who knows, maybe you will find that you shine all the brighter in this darkness once you through it on the other side. Cheer up Mera, we are not lost nor will we lose our purpose or ourselves down here.

Tal looks around at the gloom and the remains of the undead creatures. I done know why I am not as worried about this place as you are. Perhaps I have seen and been through things I would call more tragic. Perhaps it is because I know there is a greater purpose that we are fighting for and that gives me strength. It could be that I see Lily when I close my eyes and find peace and courage to face this otherworldly place.

Offering Mera his hand if she wishes to take as she rises up. Just don't think that you have to do this on your own or are afraid of letting people get close to you. Tal points to Monday and Nabe, I mean who would have thought that they would be so close or find such a relationship in such trying times.

Before we continue on though Naberius said something magical was in the pool. I am going to see if I can find it. Keep watch for me though as who knows what else there is that could sneak up on us. Tal removes his tower shield before plunging into the water.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Acrobatics when needed without tower shield for next room 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

Tal Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Tal feels around in the murky water but is unable to find the magic items Naberius detected.


Female Human Bard/4 Init +3 | Perception +7 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 28/28 | Fort +2 / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera takes Tal's hand and slowly climbs to her feet. She doesn't come up with any response to his monologue, but considers his words carefully while he wades into the water.

Senseing that he is unable to locate anything, she detects magic and does her best to guide him to the magical item location. If that helps?

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


m Human Ftr 3/Rgr 1 HP:50/50 AC*:26,12,24. Saves:7/6*/5 CMB: +9 CMD: 23 Init: +3 Perc: +9 Link to the spreadsheet

Since Tal knows there is something radiating magic according to Mera and Naberius he will take his time until he finds it to show to them.

take 20 20 + 9 = 29


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

With Mera's help, Tal pulls from the murky water an ash wood wand of levitate (8 charges)!

Mera (24/28)
Naberius (22/24)
Monday/Tuesday(13/20)(17/22)

Tal acrobatic:16
Mera Acrobatic:9


m Human Ftr 3/Rgr 1 HP:50/50 AC*:26,12,24. Saves:7/6*/5 CMB: +9 CMD: 23 Init: +3 Perc: +9 Link to the spreadsheet

Not sure what he pulled up from the murk Tal leaves the worthless stick on the edge of the water as he prepares to head back in for more searching. Only when Mera tells him to stop does he realize that the stick is what was magical. Interesting. I wonder why that particular item ended up here of all places. It should be useful though right?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 12 | HP 30/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Naberius looks intently at the wand, muttering a spell to probe its aura. "Quite useful, indeed. I will be taking that, if there are no objections..."

Spellcraft to identify the wand: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

Naberius follows Tal as he moves into the tunnel, pressing himself against a wall and slowly shuffling along.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Well, there they are. My good rolls. Where were you when I was being paralysed? :P


Female Human Bard/4 Init +3 | Perception +7 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 28/28 | Fort +2 / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera shrugs and lets Naberius take the fancy stick from Tal. Peering over at it the markings and studying it while Naberius takes it she remarks, "Hmmm. Looks like, what, Levitation? Go right ahead."

Looking away from the want she takes note that everyone is still slightly injured. "Shall we heal up before pushing on?"

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


m Human Ftr 3/Rgr 1 HP:50/50 AC*:26,12,24. Saves:7/6*/5 CMB: +9 CMD: 23 Init: +3 Perc: +9 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal easily lets NAberius have the wand. Be my guest. I hope it suits you well.

Tal looks at the others when Mera questions their health. I am good here Mera. My shield kept me from both claw and bite. Once you are all healed up shall we press on? Lily is probably wondering where I am at this moment and why I haven't come back from the feast.


Female Human Bard/4 Init +3 | Perception +7 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 28/28 | Fort +2 / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Analyzing the wounds of the party she deems the twins to be in the more dire need of healing. "Monday, Tuesday, do you require some healing assistance before we move on?"


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

So healing up and moving on?

Mera (24/28)
Naberius (22/24)
Monday/Tuesday(13/20)(17/22)

Tal acrobatic:16
Mera Acrobatic:9


Female Human Bard/4 Init +3 | Perception +7 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 28/28 | Fort +2 / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Without waiting for an answer from Monday, Mera reaches out and touches both of the twins after murming the words to the spell. A white-green flash momentarily is visible from her touch with each of them. "Now then, that's better, no? Let's be on our way and get this done so we can get the hell out of this place."

Yep, but I was waiting to see if the twins were going to be healed by Monday or if she wanted Mera to do it instead. Mera's not selfish, but, you know, she'd usually want to heal herself first ;)

Monday: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Tuesday: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

With the twins healed, you proceed to the tunnel.

Acrobatics Monday: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Tal, Monday and Naberius keep their footing in the slippery tunnel, but Mera falls Reflex Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 and slides down the 50ft tunnel taking Fall Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2.

When the others catch up to her at the end of the tunnel you all can hear what sounds like a distant, beautiful voice singing wordlessly in a low, rhythmic chant.

Mera (22/28)


m Human Ftr 3/Rgr 1 HP:50/50 AC*:26,12,24. Saves:7/6*/5 CMB: +9 CMD: 23 Init: +3 Perc: +9 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal hurries forward after he sees Mera take her tumble hoping she did not fall into any trouble. There were enemies at everybend and the last thing they needed was for her to fall into a nest of vipers or worse. Thankfully she was not too injured by the fall and the only possible danger was the strange chanting.

Tal looks to the others as the sound washes over them. Any idea what this is or precautions we should be taking? Any chance that the chanting is like the Pied Piper and if we get too close we may fall under a spell?


Female Human Bard/4 Init +3 | Perception +7 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 28/28 | Fort +2 / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Cursing her choice in footwear, Mera offers her hand to Tal and lets him help her back to her feet and offers her thanks. She listens to the sounds up ahead and tries to figure out from afar what the next obstacle will be.

Any chance Mera could attempt a check to identify what is going on acoustically?


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

@Mera: Nope it just sounds beautiful (maybe not as beautiful as your singing).

Moving on you come to a room.

A circular pit takes up much of this room. Thirty feet above, dozens of strange shadowy stalactites descend from the ceiling, their lengths transforming after a few feet into iron chains that descend into a tangle of chains suspended over the center of the pit below—the tangle wraps and suspends what appears to be a mutilated humanoid body at its core. Many chains dangle from this sphere into the glowing red depths of the pit below, but several chains float and writhe in the air like strands of seaweed in a churning tidepool, the tips of each fragmented and flaking away in bits of rust.

3,151 to 3,197 of 3,197 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.