Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign

Game Master Briccone

Council of Thieves Book 2: The Sixfold Trial
Part 4: The Cornucopia
The PC's are supposed to be wined and dined, but they must infiltrate the Lord-Mayor's house during an elaborate feast called The Cornucopia!


1 to 50 of 3,091 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

You don't know how you got the note, but you found it in your pocket. You try to think back over the course of the day and seem to remember a street urchin bumping into you. You had felt your coin purse and were relieved it was still there and did not give it another thought until now. You stare at the note and re-read it.

"Friend,
It has come to my attention that you might not be happy with the way things are. A few of us our endeavoring to change that. Can we count on you? If interested come to Vizio's tavern around the time for the evening meal.

-J"

Knowledge (local) DC10:
Vizio's Tavern was named for a family that once ran the establishment. Vizio’s was a place
where merchant guards went to relax, gripe about their
employers, and look for more work. Several months ago, however, the Vizio patriarch passed away, and the surviving family moved out of Westcrown to go live with kin in distant Corentyn.

Knowledge (local) DC15:
All of what is in the DC10 spoiler and alsoVizio's Tavern has new owners reputed to be a half-elf man and a human woman—although they seem to be taking their time getting the tavern off the ground and open for business.

You have about two hours until what would be considered traditional for the evening meal


m Human Ftr 3/Rgr 1 HP:50/50 AC*:26,12,24. Saves:7/6*/5 CMB: +9 CMD: 23 Init: +3 Perc: +9 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal remembered the street urchin well. It was just as they were rounding the corner near Brinard's warehouse when he got run into. Tal's first reaction was to grab the urchin and make sure there were no weapons in his hands. It was habit after constantly being on guard escorting that 'son of a noble' everywhere. Even if Callard got a scratch on himself for slipping on the street and falling down Tal would lose 1/2 his pay that day. No its was better if no one got near him and Callard remained as safe as possible. The urchin wasn't armed anyways and looked like he was famished.

Tal had a soft spot for children as he and his wife didn't have any. It was one of the few sore areas in their lives. They both wanted children but feared raising them in Westcrown. It was not fair tot he child always having to be inside at night and always watching what you said to everyone in case word reached the Hellknights. If things would change for the better then they would try for children. It wasn't like they were old and past their prime. they still had time whould the opportunity arise. Tal fished out a few coppers and gave it to the child with a gruff Watch where your going and get some food.

Callard would laugh like usual at Tal for wasting money even if it was 2 coppers. Tal knew better though, He knew exactly what 2 cp meant. It meant at least a watery broth and a full stomach. It wasn't much but it was something for the kid.

it wasn't till later that he saw the note. It must have been from the kid but how he wasn't sure. Either way he was curious enough to tell his wife that he would be out that afternoon at Vizio's tavern for a drink.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 12 | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Naberius was still unused to the amount of cutpurses he had to stave off while traversing the streets of Westcrown. Back home, no one dared to touch a nobleman, never mind a student of the Acadamae. Having given up on trying to impress the local nobility, he was trudging along to one of the many markets of Parego Spera to see if anyone needed the services of a scribe. The mere thought of what he had been reduced to made him squirm with anger and humiliation.

As focused as he was on being miserable, he nearly missed the child brushing against him in the crowd. Only the sudden screech of his raven familiar, Vasco, made him look around and raise his hand to his purse. Stifling a curse, he checked to see if anything had been taken. After checking his spell components as well, he concluded that the cutpurse had been unsuccessful. With a sigh, he carried on with his day, soon forgetting the whole incident. It was just one of many like it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It had not been a good day. Not much work to be found, as usual. Naberius was making his way back to the tavern he had been staying at in the northern section of Parego Spera, when he finally noticed the note in his pocket. Reading through it, he then stifled the need to glance around nervously. As if he had forgotten something, the conjurer turned around calmly and started heading back. He could not go back to the place he had been staying at. Not if someone knew he was there. This could be trap. He glanced at the note again.

"It has come to my attention that you might not be happy with the way things are."

"Most certainly not," he muttered to himself, trying to remember what he could of Vizio's tavern...

Knowledge (Local), Untrained: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Where in the city is this tavern, exactly? I can only get DC 10 or lower untrained...

For a while Naberius wandered aimlessly, lost in his thoughts. It might be a trap, but it was also the first real offer of work he had had in weeks. This "J," whoever they were, seemed to know who he was. Or at least, what he did, and where to find him. If the Hellknights knew where he was, they would have most likely just raided the tavern he had been staying at, rather than setting up this elaborate scheme to catch him. Then again, Naberius had no way of knowing if he was the only one who had been contacted. Perhaps this was an effort to catch more than one lawbreaker at the same time?

No, it was more likely that he was getting mixed up in something illegal. He had already crossed that line a few times, forging a few papers for foreign merchants. But that was nothing compared to what he was being sought for, already. How far was he willing to go? He knew he could not go on like this for much longer, he needed money. He needed protection. Sooner or later the Hellknights would find him, and he could not hope to have the same luck as last time... The note did refer to a group of people. A gang, perhaps, or some other criminal organisation. Or worse, rebels. Still, there was safety in numbers.

Naberius made a decision. He looked at his pocket watch. Two hours until supper. He set out back to the market, to find out more about this tavern...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 ...to find out more about the tavern, trying to make up for my lack of Knowledge (Local).

I guess I'm going in blind. If I even find out where the damn place is. :P


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

@ Naberius: Most people ignore you when you ask them. A few tell you uh...to put it politely...leave them alone. You finally come across one woman whose clothes appear to have once been fine and expensive, but now look used and have been altered to present her assets for maximum effect. Makeup has been applied liberally to her face to the extent it almost gives her a clownish appearance. She tells you where Vizio's is and offers to accompany you so you both can conduct business 'at a fair price'. If ye buy me dinner, I won't charge you for the time it takes to eat it. she says and then smiles at you with a smile that reveals more gaps than teeth. Don't ye want a bit of fun, Love? Ole Sally won't hurt ye, unless ye like that sort of thing! She starts to laugh and quickly starts a coughing fit.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 12 | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Being treated with such disrespect never ceased to chafe Naberius' ego. He did his best to appear polite, not wanting to cause a scene. The people of Westcrown did not know who he was. It would be better if it remained so.

Talking to the woman, Naberius does little to hide his disgust, stepping back as to not catch whatever foul disease the she was suffering from. Nevertheless, he takes out one of his precious silvers, holding it in his hand for her to see.

"This is all you are going to get from me. Assuming you can tell me something about this tavern. Who owns it? What sort of business goes on there? Aside from your own, please spare me the details..."

Heal, Untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 to make sure she isn't carrying something infectious. Obviously Naberius is not a doctor!
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 to get some useful information about this damn tavern... :P

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue (Street Urchin) 3, HP 30/30 (AC16, t14, f12; +3R,+7R,+2W, CMB+2, CMD16, Perception +7 (+8 vs surprise), Sense Motive +7, Stealth +10)

Raveen stumbled inelegantly out of his threadbare bed as the sun rose. Chafing more than a little, he suppressed a cough, praying he didn't catch a cold from the previous evening's rain and forced march through the city.

Fortitude vs. Common Cold: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

As he got dressed and fastened his belt around his waist, he could hear a few of his neighboring residents in the run-down inn either sneezing, snoring or coughing: It was not a healthy place. The Hellknight arminger Darius was nowhere to be seen in the morning, and going down to break his fast on whatever miserable samples of food were downstairs was a bad idea--It does no one wisdom to test their constitution so soon in the morning.

But if anything, he was polite as before, and try as he might, he could not find all his companions of yesterday.

Perhaps they are but asleep, he thought, moving to the outside of the tavern, stretching in the light mist that usually follows a Westcrown downpour, and taking a breath in from the wet air.

Raveen intends to wait outside until any of his companions from yesterday appear. If anything, since it is Sunday (if going by the previous reckoning), he has naught else to do. If any pickpockets come calling, he feigns looking the other way, but only if something is planted.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

@Naberius: When she sees your obvious look of disgust the woman is about ready to tell you off, but the sight of the silver changes her mind quickly and she cackles with glee. Well when the Vizio's owned it, it used to be big with the merchant guards and lucky for ye some merchant guards like to step outside their marriage vows if ye know what I mean. That's how Ole Sally knows about it! She says with obvious pride in this accomplishment. She waits for a compliment and when one does not seem forthcoming she shrugs and continues her tale. Well you see, old man Vizio passed away a few months ago and I guess his kin did not want the family business and they moved away, like so many others. I heard it be told that a human man and a half-elf woman own it..er..is it a half-elf man and a human woman? Ole Sally has heard both, I can't rightly say what the truth of it be. All I know is Ole Sally hasn't been there since they re-opened so I don't know who their clientele is. She reaches greedily for the silver. Ole Sally did right by ye and told ye what ye wanted to know. Now it is time to give Ole Sally her due! She smiles but her eyes are distrustful and threatening.

It is amazing what a 25 Diplomacy and some silver will get you!

You don't know if her coughing is due to disease or living conditions.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

@Raveen: Nice perception check! I will have to look up the little scamp's sleight of hand modifier when I get home. Should be a really interesting encounter!


Female Human Bard/3 Init +3 | Perception +6 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2 / Ref +6* / Will +3* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

K:L: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

The sound of a door closing stirs Mera from her sleep.

Oh, what wild dreams those had been ...

A quick glance around tells Mera those were not dreams at all.

After finishing her final show she visited a local watering hole to try and relax away from the pomp and circumstance that usually followed in those situations. Had she known she would eventually drink so much spiced wine that she would awake the next morning in a rented room in an establishment far below her normal liking, well, perhaps she would have planned more carefully?

No, no she wouldn't have.

Placing her palm on her forehead she tries to push away the repeating THUMP THUMP THUMP of her throbbing head. She groans softly as she sits up in bed, the dawn long since past. As she looks around fleeting memories of last night's tryst materalize in her head.

Or was it trysts? Or was she trysting?

With a wry smile she scoots off the bed and gathers her things. She looks around but finds the room already empty of her hosts. She takes the opportunity to slip quietly out the door, still wincing from her throbbing head. She grudgingly makes the trip back home so that she can bathe and remove some of this makeup from the night before. In doing so she uncovers the note in her pocket and is unsure if that urchin had deposited it or perhaps it was her host? She knows of the tavern and the typical customer, perhaps it was Tuesday?

She smirks as she thinks back and decides to schedule time to check it out later today. After cleaning herself and avoiding all inquiries as to her disappearance last night, she slips away once more and makes her way to the tavern. Unsure what to expect, she pushes in and looks for Monday and Tuesday.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Stretching and uncurling from her bedmate Monday tries her best, and fails, to hold back a little yawn as her mind is dragged back up from the depths of dreams. Without the slight haze of alcohol her mind was much better suited to appreciating Mera's pale form and commiting it to memory. A rather Good memory. Happy at seeing Mera still there she was sad when she realised who wasn't. Tuesday, he was never there when she woke up.

Clucking her tongue she sits up cross legged and begins her morning routine. Best get this over with before we scare her she thought as she went about, slowly prying her brother's thoughts and soul from her own. Raging underneath on the surface she was the very epitome of serene, the only time she was ever this peaceful. At first nothing, but then, like always, the manifestation.

As her eyes rolled back her body immediately jerked up, suspsended by invisible marionette strings it seemed. As her mouth lolled open an inky gray blackness escaped from within, not a liquid, but not quite a vapor the ectoplasmic fog seethed out and flowed around her before moving to the side and taking on a more substantial figure. As his body recomposed itself so did his clothing, save for the cloth he wore as a mask, an article of clothing he immediatly retrieved and donned upon fully manifesting.

Slumping over as the last of her brother's energies left her she began mumbling something about "bad taste" before curling back around Mera as her own thoughts settled.


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Going down to retrieve some food for his sister he feels as if he shouldnt't have bothered, seemimgly right on his heels is his sister, fully clothed and happily skipping about. With a bemused roll of his eyes he turns back around to find an envelope laying atop the drink he had ordered. Shooting a quick glance at the bartender he thought better than to question him right now, the man was already spooked enough upon hearing the phantom's voice. He isntead simply passes Monday the food and drink while he looks over the letter, not even noticong Mera discretely exiting the building.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 12 | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12
DM RichD wrote:
"Ole Sally did right by ye and told ye what ye wanted to know. Now it is time to give Ole Sally her due!"

"Indeed you did," Naberius says dismissively, flicking the coin to the woman from a safe distance, careful not to touch her. He had enough to deal with without getting ill. Without further acknowledgement, he starts heading towards the address he received. He will find a safe place (i.e. somewhere he is the least likely to get mugged) a few streets away from the tavern to mull over the information.

It did indeed seem there was something seedy about the establishment. Perhaps the couple that now owned the tavern had killed Old Vizio to secure ownership of the building? Just an idle guess, of course. No facts to support it. It may be that these mysterious people were merely opportunists, not murderers. Still, it would stand to reason that they were using the tavern for something more illicit than just drinking and whoring. Naberius doubted he had been summoned to sample their wines. Had they been the ones to invite him, or was someone else using the place for a meeting? And what in the Hells did they want from him?

Naberius briefly considers sending Vasco ahead to scout, but decides to keep him close instead. Not that he would admit it, but he felt quite vulnerable without his familiar. Lost in thought, Naberius feeds the raven a few seeds, periodically checking his pocket watch. He intends to arrive at the tavern precisely ten minutes late, nervous about leaving anyone at his back.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

@Raveen: So far getting Janiven's notes to these people had been easy. The only one that had been difficult was the woman with the gray companion. Something about the gray man unnerved Morosino to the point where he almost told Janiven to deliver the note herself-almost. Luckily he left the note on a glass while the man was distracted. Morosino was having second thoughts on this encounter, though. Something about the man reminded Morosino of himself and Morosino did not like it. He watched and waited for a distraction and stealthily approached the man. The man looked like he was watching the distraction but Morosino was positive that the man was looking at him! With the note palmed inside his hand, Morosino reaches into the man’s pocket and…

Sleight of hand: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Looks like you notice a street urchin with his hand in your pocket. Intentions?


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

@Tal:

Tal said wrote:
Watch where your going and get some food.

Morosino looks up at the man and feigns his best fearful expression. Thanks sir! I certainly will and I'll get some for my Pa as well! Thank you!

After the man hurries off, Morosino deposits the coppers into his coin purse. Janiven said to deliver the notes, she did not say he couldn't get some coin for his trouble! The youth eagerly runs to his next recipient.


m Human Ftr 3/Rgr 1 HP:50/50 AC*:26,12,24. Saves:7/6*/5 CMB: +9 CMD: 23 Init: +3 Perc: +9 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal leaves the house early covering himself up in a large cloak. It made him look grotesque with his chainshirt and tower shield strapped to his back but he didn't care. In his job he never left them at home. The same could be said for his trusty longsword. He kept it locked in its sheath though to prevent anyone from accusing him from disrupting the peace. Just the sight of it was usually enough to deter people from trying anything. Being a bodyguard meant nothing if you could not take a beating and give one back. Tal did not expect a fight but it was better to be prepared. Besides, if this person knew Tal then he or she knew what Tal was doing now. It was very likely that Tal would be asked to demonstrate his abilities and he would need to be equipped for such an interview process.

Tal arrives about 10 minutes early to the tavern walking the entire way there. There were carriages and other forms of transportation that could be hired but Tal was not given to such extravagance. A walk would not bother him and he enjoyed the exercise.

Entering the establishment Tal takes a look around for anyone that may be keeping an eye out for him. Not trying to hide who he is Tal stands the letting his eyes adjust to the light of indoors. Not seeing anyone he knows he takes a seat against a wall to keep an eye on others that may enter and those that may already be in the tavern.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Knowledge: Untrained: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12

Although Tuesday has no idea of the purpose behind the letter being delivered to them, a simple mixup? he does recall bits and pieces about a Vizio's from other bar patrons conversations throughout the previous night, mentionings of landmarks and good times enough to give him a rough mental map to the place. Looking the note over one last time he'll hand it off to Monday, happily eating at her breakfast.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Boringly looking the front and back of the note over she'll give a shrug before looking at Tuesday, never once stopping the rabbit-like chewing on her toast. Having grown up around her Tuesday easily inferred the eh, something to do at least gesture, no words needed to be passed between them.

---

Deciding to be very early the siblings instead arrive just a little bit early, Tuesday's mental map being much rougher than originally sketched, with many an alley and alehouse placed where there should have been a pleasure den and vice-versa. Grumbling at the extra effort it took to get here (though in no way would the situation have been reversed had Monday gotten them lost instead) she immediatly perks up upon seeing a familiar face or two.

"Me~ra..." she happily purrs as she saunters up behind the diva, Tuesday slowly following as well, casting his gaze anywhere but the actress, mostly the floor.

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue (Street Urchin) 3, HP 30/30 (AC16, t14, f12; +3R,+7R,+2W, CMB+2, CMD16, Perception +7 (+8 vs surprise), Sense Motive +7, Stealth +10)

@GM: Another one?

Knowledge (Local) if he's seen the lad around the port or scribe sector: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Noticing the young boy, Raveen smiled slightly at the boy's bad fortune; he was not too bad.

Raveen lifts anything small and distinctive-looking.

Sleight of Hand to steal something distinctive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Don't worry, lad, he thought as the boy began to leave. You'll get this back...once I know who you're working for.
Raveen walked in the direction of the middle of the city, reading the note.

Note wrote:

"Friend,

It has come to my attention that you might not be happy with the way things are. A few of us our endeavoring to change that. Can we count on you? If interested come to Vizio's tavern around the time for the evening meal.
-J"

This was unexpected. Raveen's blood heated, and he began thinking quickly.

"My performance yesterday turned some heads," he thought, keeping a cool face. "That kid was not here yesterday; he probably works for this J character, who got wind of my act. I've been keeping my head down so far."

All the while he spent the day restlessly pacing his apartment, crafting a wooden statuette to keep his hands steady, and in the end, he decided on wearing a disguise, and set out near sunset, keenly aware of his nerves, but glad they do not show on his new face: a young woman seemingly around his age with rough sandy hair, green eyes, and a slight puff of perfume, dressed in baggy unisex clothing as if an underpaid scribe, arriving with only his belt pouch, belt sheathes and thigh quiver under his semi-baggy clothes (refer to character sheet). He also brings with him whatever he lifted from the boy.

Disguise to appear and act as a woman, 1 use of Disguise Kit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
The disguise is primarily set to hide his features, but he will play along as if he is a woman until he learns the coast is clear. Regarding his nervous trait, that will not be soon.

"The tavern changed hands recently--falling out from a family to two business partners: A half-elf and a human. If they are not cautious about their choice of 'assistance', the Hellknights would be breaking down the door," he thought, subconsciously running his hands through his false hair.

Knowledge (Local) to ID the tavern and any resident with J as an initial: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Raveen then looks on the outside of the tavern. He intends to leisure outside, looking primarily for a way out if it turns out to be a trap.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Trusting his insticts, he waits outside until minutes before the event begins, feigning that she was given the paper by an 'exceedingly charming young man' upon being questioned.

Bluff to lie: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

He holds his features upon seeing Mera and the siblings, waving in a friendly manner.


Female Human Bard/3 Init +3 | Perception +6 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2 / Ref +6* / Will +3* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera slides into the tavern and looks around, not noticing anyone she recognizes upon her arrival. She examines the room to try and locate whomever had slipped that note to her.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 12

She doesn't see anything in particular that catches her eye so she takes a seat and decides to wait patiently. Typically this is not the type of establishment she would be waiting in, alone, so she is guarded until she catches sight of her companions from yesterday, the Dauds. She offers a wave to Monday and Tuesday

"Good day to you all. I assume it is not by chance that I am seeing you once again here today?"

EDIT: Missed the fact Raveen was disguised!

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue (Street Urchin) 3, HP 30/30 (AC16, t14, f12; +3R,+7R,+2W, CMB+2, CMD16, Perception +7 (+8 vs surprise), Sense Motive +7, Stealth +10)

Raveen is in disguise, Mera. DC above.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

@Everyone: I will post what and who you see at the tavern tonight.

@Raveen: Morosino knew he flubbed it as soon as his fingers brushed the pocket. He was half expecting the man to call the law on him. What he wasn't expecting was a smile-a slight smile, but a smile nonetheless. In a flash the note was out of his hand and in the man's hand! For a second the youth stared slack-jawed at the man's skill, but quickly recovered. He knew he was showing weakness and on the street, you never showed weakness. He gave the man a defiant nod and disappeared into the crowd. It was only after a few moments that he decided to check his coinpurse, for he had no doubt that the man could have easily picked his pocket! He let out a low whistle when he felt the copper pieces. Janiven better appreciate this 'mission'! the youth thought to himself.

From your knowledge (local) check. You might have seen the youth around but like so many others of his kind, he tries not to be conspicuous.


Female Human Bard/3 Init +3 | Perception +6 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2 / Ref +6* / Will +3* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Ooops! Totally miscued that one, I updated my post to only notice the Dauds since she isn't being very perceptive today.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

"I would certainly hope not." she responds with a cattish grin.


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

As greetings are exchanged Tuesday finds himself giving Mera a bow as his cheeks turn a slightly darker color.

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue (Street Urchin) 3, HP 30/30 (AC16, t14, f12; +3R,+7R,+2W, CMB+2, CMD16, Perception +7 (+8 vs surprise), Sense Motive +7, Stealth +10)

'Raveena' will wait until the event starts--having stated that s/he enters just before the dinner to observe entries.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

There is no doubt that Vizio’s has seen better days. The sign out front is battered and starting to fade. There are no flowers in the flowerboxes underneath the windows-only weeds. In fact the only sign of life seems to be a small stream of smoke curling from the chimney.

Inside, the common area contains mismatched tables with mismatched chairs. Cobwebs are visible throughout and tobacco stains the floor. The tavern is dimly lit and makes Cato’s seem high-class in comparison and those of you that have been to Cato’s know that it is not high-class. The windows have a film of grime that makes them almost opaque. A feeble fire is in the hearth. A dais which at one point might have been used by bards to entertain the patrons is unused and perhaps a little unstable. A human woman is at the bar with a rag busily scrubbing. Have a seat. I’ll be with you shortly. She announces rather gruffly.

DC 10 Perception Check:
While the woman seems to be focused on her task you see that she keeps glancing over to you.

DC 10 Knowledge (Local):
The woman is not unknown to you, although not known personally. Her name is Janiven and she has worked for several guilds and mercantile interests, sometimes as a caravan guard, city guide, or bodyguard. She is known for being rash, but trustworthy.

For Tal:
You recognize the woman as Janiven who sometimes works as a part-time bodyguard. Sometimes you have competed against her for jobs, other times she was guarding the merchant that the noble family you were guarding was doing business with. As you enter the tavern, she glances your way, gives a quick nod of recognition, and returns to her scrubbing, repeating the same gruff, Have a seat. I’ll be with you shortly.

There is just one other patron in the tavern and he looks like a long way from sobriety.

As Raveen(a) enters the tavern she gives him more than a glance and a look of worry appears on her face.

DM Roll:
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

She glances around nervously and with hostility says, Take a seat and wait! There is no warmth in her voice.


m Human Ftr 3/Rgr 1 HP:50/50 AC*:26,12,24. Saves:7/6*/5 CMB: +9 CMD: 23 Init: +3 Perc: +9 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal sees the woman at the bar and nods his head in her direction when she speaks to him. He is surprised to have recognized her. Although not really a rival Tal and the woman had been on opposite ends during business arrangements. It wasn't anything to worry about as all of their interactions had been professional and quite business-like. People in the same profession always had a healthy respect for each other even if they were vying for the same job. What it did do for Tal was to keep him alert. Janiven was more than just a bar maid. Se was quite capable of handling herself in a rough situation.

Tal starts to call out to her Sure thing, Jan... when he clams up quickly. He did not know the person that was also in the bar and it dawned on him that the letter that asked him to come tonight was from J. It would be better to wait and watch and see what the other did before approaching her for information. Instead he finishes with a simple, i will take an ale when you got the time.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Know local 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

It was odd that Janiven would keep looking his direction but Tal was not in the right place or time to call her on it. He needed to know more and not just barge in asking questions. The best jobs were those that he needed to show some patience for. He had learned that and was willing to bide his time.

He was curious about the man in the bar though. Tal made sure to keep an eye on him as well as the entrance while he waited. As another person walks into the bar Tal looks up to see if he recognizes the new comer. Perhaps this would be a meeting of fellow body guards trying to form a group for better wages. That idea left though apwhen he heard Janiven's voice. It was not welcoming at all and Tal was certain that she would draw a dagger on the new comer. Tal slowly freed teh latch on his longsword should he need it.

For tho arriving and looking around. Tal is a large man in a old weathered cloak. When standing he is over 6ft in height and a burly 230. Mst of the weight is muscle but that is distorted by the shield and cloak he has on. Sandy blond hair and piercing blue eyes are his most noticeable facial features as he is clean shaven and keeps himself well groomed for a body guard.

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue (Street Urchin) 3, HP 30/30 (AC16, t14, f12; +3R,+7R,+2W, CMB+2, CMD16, Perception +7 (+8 vs surprise), Sense Motive +7, Stealth +10)

GM, what specifically did Raveen steal from the kid?

Raveen, comfortable in his disguise and more than a little glad he wore it, adjusted his false glasses, as he shot a quick glance over the tavern, registering the woman and man already inside. At Janiven's stare, he paused.

Sense Motive: Did she discover the disguise?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

'Janiven--probably J', he thought, before he squinted uneasily. 'Too easy.'
Perception, targeting the man and terrain (can something be used to block the door or break it open quickly?): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

There was a large cloaked man--a blonde giant Raveen was sure could punch him into the wall if he so wished.
It was clear without experience to notice him armed and armored under the cloak--which could slow him down.
He moved closer to the man, and sat a little way from him, trusting his disguise. He positioned himself at a chair by which had a clear way to the door, and had his back to the wall.

His new image hid his firm jawline and made his normally narrow eyes larger (as well as green)--perhaps with his sandy-colored hair, the man might think to hit it off--a good excuse to leave if things go bad. He did not design this disguise for prettiness, but for commonality. But even a common face (with sufficient charm) could leave an impression.

Of course, with my luck, he'd be married. he thought grimly, taking the chance anyway.

"Hullo, Sir," he said, moving a strand of hair behind his ear. "Have you been invited here, too?"

Bluff to act like a nervous commoner seeking protection from a strong man: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
If Tal replies with a confirmation, 'Raveena' lets out a surprisingly realistic sigh, attempting to interrupt whatever else he would say.
"Oh, thank goodness. I was, too. I thought this was one big prank--you know? Just the other day Jeckyl--I'm sorry--my name is Anna Kelyn," 'she' said, smiling nervously.
Am I talking too much? DAMN I didn't bring myself a purse--no, it's alright; I'm a friendless scholar. he thought, not intending to give the man the time to study his features as he bombarded him with questions in a quick, soft voice.
"I mean--you must get these pranks all the time, right? I say, sir--you look like a very strong man," she said, seemingly impressed, as Raveen grimly thought, Does this man have a life outside exercising at the crack of dawn?


Female Human Bard/3 Init +3 | Perception +6 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2 / Ref +6* / Will +3* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

K:L: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Mera's eyes wonder the room and catch sight of Raveena, Tal and Janiven. While none of them explicitly scream to her trouble or the reason why she is here, she keeps an eye on them out of the corner of her eye.

You never know what to expect in this town...

Turning back to the Dauds she sees Tuesday's cheeks turn darker and Mera can't help but smirk and wink at the man. "Awww, it's alright big guy." She leans in a little and whispers, "It's our secret, no?"

With a smile she looks to Monday and asks, "I wasn't quite expecting to see either of you again, but yet here you are. I don't suppose it was you that slipped that note into my pocket then? Why are we here, hmmm?"

Mera's soft words flow smoothly from her lips, a refreshing energy powering her voice. She takes a moment and runs her fingers through her loose hair as she looks around the room again. Tilting her head to one side she looks slightly up at nothing in particular as she starts to wonder what the day has in store for her.


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Stiffening even moreso as Mera approaches traces of a smile can be seen underneath his cloth mask as she speaks. More relaxed he gives her a proper bow, bending at the waist with one arm crossed behind his back and the other crossed over his stomach.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Her grin widening more and more at her brother's uncomfortableness her lips form a slightly less mischievous smile as Mera turns towards her. "Oh? You got one of those too? Mine was left with my breakfast, we figured it was a mistake but figured we'd check it out it incase it turned out to be fun," she pauses for a moment as that smile of hers twists back into a wolfish grin. "And so far it's looking like I was right."

Leaning in she'll add "And don't worry about Tuez, he's only this bashful while he's got his clothes on. But you already knew that, still, it is fun to torture him, no?"


m Human Ftr 3/Rgr 1 HP:50/50 AC*:26,12,24. Saves:7/6*/5 CMB: +9 CMD: 23 Init: +3 Perc: +9 Link to the spreadsheet

Raveen quote:

Raveen Liquean wrote:


There was a large cloaked man--a blonde giant Raveen was sure could punch him into the wall if he so wished.
It was clear without experience to notice him armed and armored under the cloak--which could slow him down.
He moved closer to the man, and sat a little way from him, trusting his disguise. He positioned himself at a chair by which had a clear way to the door, and had his back to the wall.

His new image hid his firm jawline and made his normally narrow eyes larger (as well as green)--perhaps with his sandy-colored hair, the man might think to hit it off--a good excuse to leave if things go bad. He did not design this disguise for prettiness, but for commonality. But even a common face (with sufficient charm) could leave an impression.

Of course, with my luck, he'd be married. he thought grimly, taking the chance anyway.

"Hullo, Sir," he said, moving a strand of hair behind his ear. "Have you been invited here, too?"

[dice=Bluff to act like a nervous commoner seeking protection from a strong man] 1d20+8
If Tal replies with a confirmation, 'Raveena' lets out a surprisingly realistic sigh, attempting to interrupt whatever else he would say.
"Oh, thank goodness. I was, too. I thought this was one big prank--you know? Just the other day Jeckyl--I'm sorry--my name is Anna Kelyn," 'she' said, smiling nervously.
Am I talking too much? DAMN I didn't bring myself a a purse--no, it's alright; I'm a friendless scholar. he thought, not intending to give the man the time to study his features as he bombarded him with questions in a quick, soft voice.
I mean--you must get these pranks all the time, right? I say, sir--you look like a very strong man, she said, seemingly impressed, as Raveen grimly thought, Does this man have a life outside exercising at the crack of dawn?...

When the figured moved away from the entrance Tal could see that the woman was not the type that he would suspect of being here. She did not seem to by built for guard duty but that did not mean that she did not have her talents. Perhaps she would be a spy or scout should 'J' need her. Then again she may have just come in randomly to a bar in search of a drink and a relaxing time. That thought left quickly though as she approached him.

Rising as is proper of a man to do for a woman, Tal easily picks up a chair and sets it down so that if she owuld sit it would not block the front entrance of the room nor its other 2 occupants. Hello, ma'am. Please take a seat if you would like. It was an innocent enough occurance and that made Tal unsure how to answer her next question. eyes floating momentarily to Janiven Tal responds cautiously. No more than you I suppose. All taverns invite people in to relax and have a good time. Some taverns may cater to specific clientel but I have yet to see one refuse service when people are paying for drinks. I am sure the barkeep will come along shortly to take your order ma'am.

His eyes leave Anna as he notices another couple of individuals enter Vizio's. 2 of the 3 seemed normal enough as the women obviously know each other. the man though was strangely quiet and a little bit unsettling. What it was Tal didn't know but the group that was gathering was interesting enough now that Tal bgan to wonder what J had in mind. This was no security or guard duty gig as Tal could probably break over half of then in 2 and not work up a sweat. Still he did not speak first to J as he was letting her make the first move.

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue (Street Urchin) 3, HP 30/30 (AC16, t14, f12; +3R,+7R,+2W, CMB+2, CMD16, Perception +7 (+8 vs surprise), Sense Motive +7, Stealth +10)

Adept as 'she' was in reading faces, Anna rested her chin on her open palm, observing the bar, and occasionally the man beside her.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

"I haven't caught your name, sir," Anna probed, trying to assess the man. "It's not every day we get a cloaked knight just having dinner." she winked charmingly.

Only he so far does not meet the criteria; does this J, he thought, shooting a silent and quick glance to the woman at the bar. --have some dirt on this man as well?
Did I unintentionally set,
he then flicked his eyes to Monday and Mera. --these people into trouble?

Anna then sighed in a dreamy fashion, and drew out a piece of paper and a bit of charcoal. Setting them on the table (careful to let Tal see) she began drawing the main Westcrown port in a (not very subtle) effort to impress him.

Craft (Drawings): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


m Human Ftr 3/Rgr 1 HP:50/50 AC*:26,12,24. Saves:7/6*/5 CMB: +9 CMD: 23 Init: +3 Perc: +9 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal starts to laugh when the woman in front of him asks for the name of the cloaked knight. I am sorry ma'am but I am no cloaked knight. If that is what you thought when you saw me then I must be looking better than I thought. My name is Tal since you asked and I am a simple man looking for work. As he talks he brings his hands together with his left hand on top of his right. It may look innocuous but it does allow the ring on his left hand to become more visible tot he woman. He does not draw any more attention to it than that though. As for the cloak, well it helps to keep one dry and warm should an evening mist come in from the water. I do not have the luxury of working in a job where it pays to be sick. I must stay healthy or else someone else will take my job from me. Perhaps someday I will have that luxury and can work at will and be a craftsman but that is not my lot in life to this point.

Glancing occaionally down at the drawings as tal was not one to focus entirely on 1 thing, he did see the port of Westcrown being drawn in high detail in the charcoal. I can see that you are an artist of some caliber. Could you perhaps draw a lily for me?

Perhaps, thought Tal, if nothing else I may get a picture of a lily for my wife while I am here. It isn't much but at least it is something. It is the small things that show our true colors.

Without giving the woman by him any more thought than a typical street artist Tal resumes his wait patiently.

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue (Street Urchin) 3, HP 30/30 (AC16, t14, f12; +3R,+7R,+2W, CMB+2, CMD16, Perception +7 (+8 vs surprise), Sense Motive +7, Stealth +10)

Anna nodded, and Raveen privately smiled at the sight of a marriage ring. At least I won't have to take this role to the third act, he thought grimly, as he began to sketch a lily instead.
"Methinks you have a good nature, Mister Tal," Anna says, feigning ignorance to the foreboding atmosphere. "Few pleasures in life other than making good art or a simple tool."

Craft (Drawings) to draw a lilly: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

The woman approaches Tal’s table with a tankard of ale. Here you go, good sir! She gives him a wink and as she sets the ale down whispers, All will be revealed soon. We are waiting for a few more people.

DM Roll:
Stealth so Tal’s female companion cannot hear: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

For Raveen: DC 22 Perception check:
Although she tried to whisper real low and had her face turned from you, you can overhear what she said.

Raveen wrote:
GM, what specifically did Raveen steal from the kid?

I thought you took the note before he was able to put it in your pocket. Apologies if I misunderstood.

Raveen wrote:
Sense Motive: Did she discover the disguise?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

You are not sure if she saw through your disguise, only that she is more unfriendly to you than everyone else.

Raveen wrote:
Perception, targeting the man and terrain (can something be used to block the door or break it open quickly?): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

This place is so rundown, you don’t see anything that would be strong enough to either break something down or brace it.

The woman stares long and hard at Anna/Raveen.
DM Roll:
Perception to see through the disguise now that she is closer: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

She then turns to Tal, Is this woman bothering you good sir? I can have her removed if she is. Turning back to Anna/Raveen, Well? Are you going to order something or not? This is a tavern motioning to the drawing and not an art school!

After speaking with Tal and Anna/Raveen she will go to a window and clean a small patch of grime from it. She will anxiously angle her head to see up and down the street.

Perception to notice Naberius standing outside checking his watch: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

@Naberius: I wasn't sure if you were trying to stay in the shadows while you were waiting to enter. If you were, give me an opposing stealth check.

She then will go over to the table with Mera and the Dauds. As she approaches the table she can hear a little of their conversation and she starts to blush a little. Good Evening and welcome to Vizio's! She then leans in close to the trio and whispers, I know you three must have questions and they will be answered shortly. We are just waiting on a few more people to arrive. She then stands straight, What can I get you? She says this a lot more friendlier than when she asked Anna/Raveen what she/he wanted.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 12 | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12
DM RichD wrote:
@Naberius: I wasn't sure if you were trying to stay in the shadows while you were waiting to enter. If you were, give me an opposing stealth check.

He was waiting a few streets over, but I think his ten minutes are up. Janiven might see him coming up the street.

@Everyone Full description of Naberius' appearance can be found in his profile. Feel free to take a peek, if you haven't already! :)

Naberius finally makes his way to the tavern, his appearance heralded by the clinking of his wooden cane on the cracked cobblestones. He takes in the establishment with an exasperated sigh. The tavern was not the worst he had had to visit during his time in Westcrown, but it was not a huge improvement over the last pigsty he had had to reduce himself to patronise. Careful not to show his nervousness, he stifles the need to peer back and see if anyone is following him. Instead he produces a small mirror, and checks to see that he is presentable, while also looking behind himself for any trackers.

Perception with Familiar: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 2 = 21 Is he being followed?

The conjurer carefully tucks a wayward lock of hair behind one ear, and then the mirror back to its pocket. He straightens his cuffs and smooths down his coat, turning to the scarred raven sitting on his shoulder.

"Vasco," he says to the black bird, "Fly to the roof of the building, and warn me emphatically if anyone, especially a group of armed individuals, approaches the building. They might or might not be in uniform, so you must be patricularly attentive. If this does occur, meet me at the back of the building. Go."

As the raven flies off, disappearing to the evening gloom, Naberius feels even more uneasy. Perhaps he should have kept the familiar close. He felt quite vulnerable without the bird. Alone. No, he thinks, you are a conjurer, a diabolist, a master of the infernal. You have nothing to fear from common thugs. Gather your wits, you fool. Steeling himself, Naberius makes his way to the entrance. Carefully opening the door, and softly closing it behind him, he takes a moment to take in his surroundings.

I do not belong here.

Those are his immediate thoughts when witnessing the odd collection of people gathered in the run down tavern. A woman of Varisian descent, by the looks of her, trailed by another... A man? Something about the being behind her unnerved Naberius deeply. The other two, a man and a woman, seemed to be Chelaxians, but of clearly of common birth. Naberius quickly dismissed all of them in his mind, almost instinctively. But the third woman, sitting with the Varisians... She had the air of a noble lady, though Naberius wondered what she was doing here, in such base company. She did seem oddly familiar to him, though he could not think why...

The woman tending to the others was obviously in charge, however.

Naberius nods stiffly when addressed (assuming he gets the same welcome as the others), and takes a seat at an empty table opposite the door.

Sense Motive DC 14:

Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

While he does his best to not appear nervous, it is clear the nobleman is not comfortable in these surroundings.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Knowledge (Local), Untrained: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

There is the human woman... A mercenary. But where is the half-elf? Hmm...


Male Raven Familiar | HP 12/12 | AC 16 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5 | CMB +1, CMD 7 | Init +2 | Perception +10

Vasco finds a comfortable spot on the roof of the building, dutifully setting its gaze on the street below. The raven does not fully comprehend his master's anxiety, but he can sense it clearly enough.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 to appear innocuous
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 with Low-Light Vision

Vasco will warn Naberius of approaching threats through their Empathic Link. They can share general emotions only, but that should be enough to signal fear or panic.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

"What's on the menu?" Mondays asks as she looks the women up and down, still keeping that wolfish grin.


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

As his sister addresses the bartender Tuesday simply grips the ridge of his nose with his fingers while resting his forehead against a knuckle, shaking it from side to side slightly.


m Human Ftr 3/Rgr 1 HP:50/50 AC*:26,12,24. Saves:7/6*/5 CMB: +9 CMD: 23 Init: +3 Perc: +9 Link to the spreadsheet

Once the lily was completed Tal picks it up gently and hands over a few coppers. Tal never carries more than 3gp worth of coins on him at any time anyways so he has to be judicious in his use of money. A few coppers was worth the drawing and it would please Lily. Thank you for the drawing but as is seems the barkeep is not interested in such here perhaps it is time that you leave. I do not wish there to be any complications so it might be better if we just leave amicably. Besides, I have my picture and clearly Janiven does not want her here. Perhaps if I leave that will get her to go as well.

Taking a long swig from his drink he finishes 1/4 of it at one go. Standing up he hollers out to the barkeep. Where's the restroom I can use?

There, that should be a good enough cue for this artist to leave.

At that time as he stands up he sees another person walk in. If Tal was confused before about the gathering here he was surely puzzled now. This newest entrant looked like a noble but why is he here. Hopefully he is not one that we are waiting for? If so, I don't think I want to be a part of this.

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue (Street Urchin) 3, HP 30/30 (AC16, t14, f12; +3R,+7R,+2W, CMB+2, CMD16, Perception +7 (+8 vs surprise), Sense Motive +7, Stealth +10)
Raveen wrote:
GM, what specifically did Raveen steal from the kid?

I thought you took the note before he was able to put it in your pocket. Apologies if I misunderstood.

It's fine. This serves the need. I'll make myself clearer next time.

This place is so rundown, you don’t see anything that would be strong enough to either break something down or brace it.

Anna sighed upon noticing the fact--being the closest to the door, she intends to bolt out as soon as she hears commotion outside. Taking the copper gratefully, she returns her charcoal to a pouch at her side, brushing near her hidden blade.

Perception to hear exchange: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Wouldn't a whisper DC be around 10? If it goes any lower, even the receiver should also make a roll.

Quote:
The woman stares long and hard at Anna/Raveen.

Anna avoids her stare in the most shy way possible, and lets out a shaky, "Ya know...I-it's rude to stare."

Quote:
She then turns to Tal, Is this woman bothering you good sir? I can have her removed if she is. Turning back to Anna/Raveen, Well? Are you going to order something or not? This is a tavern motioning to the drawing and not an art school!

Anna looks down, saying shyly, "I was invited here, miss--this paper--" Anna presents the paper, face red but determined. "I have an interest in Westcrown's affairs. At least a little, ya know?" After that quiet outburst, she mutters something like "Just a stew for me, please. "

If J does not reply, she puts down the paper.

Quote:
After speaking with Tal and Anna/Raveen she will go to a window and clean a small patch of grime from it. She will anxiously angle her head to see up and down the street.

Now it's definitely something illegal, he mused.

Would opening the door be a standard action or a move action?

Whilst thinking of the door, it opened, revealing a man in a courtier's outfit entering the tavern; a man a bit taller than he, black hair tied in a ponytail. Anna's eyes narrowed at the sight of a scroll case, and at seeing a spell-pouch easy to reach. Knowing his spellbook is nearby, Anna looked back, noticing that the armored man rose to go to the bathroom. He said something--but she was too distracted to hear.

"Whatever purpose this gathering has, I would rather not miss it," Raveen thought.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map
Naberius wrote:
Perception with Familiar: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 2 = 21 Is he being followed?

No one seems to be following you.

Naberius wrote:
Naberius nods stiffly when addressed (assuming he gets the same welcome as the others), and takes a seat at an empty table opposite the door.

He gets the same gruff greeting.

Monday Daud wrote:
"What's on the menu?" Mondays asks as she looks the women up and down, still keeping that wolfish grin.

The woman starts to blush as Monday gives her the once over. Uh..those two over there got it right She says motioning to Tal and Anna/Raveen We..uh..only have stew or ale…we, my partner and me..we..uh..haven’t found a reliable cook…yet. She stammers clearly unnerved by the undressing she feels Monday is giving her. So..uh..which…one do you want or do you want both…and I mean you two as well. She says looking at Tuesday and Mera, glad that she broke eye contact with Monday. I was not expecting that! she thinks to herself.

Tal wrote:
Where's the restroom I can use?

The woman directs him to the location of the privy. Don’t take too long or else your ale will get warm.

Raveen wrote:

Perception to hear exchange: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Wouldn't a whisper DC be around 10? If it goes any lower, even the receiver should also make a roll.

You are correct. It looks like the DC to hear a whispered conversation is 15. So try as she might to keep you from hearing, you head. Your rolls have been incredible. If you keep getting rolls like that in combat, I am going to be in trouble!

Raveen wrote:
Anna avoids her stare in the most shy way possible, and lets out a shaky, "Ya know...I-it's rude to stare."

It’s also rude to come into one’s business and cause trouble! She says without averting her gaze.

Raveen wrote:
Anna looks down, saying shyly, "I was invited here, miss--this paper--" Anna presents the paper, face red but determined. "I have an interest in Westcrown's affairs. At least a little, ya know?" After that quiet outburst, she mutters something like "Just a stew for me, please. "

The woman is shocked by this and grabs the paper out of Raveen’s hands. Assuming Raveen let’s her. If not she will try to study it in his hands.

After a few moments of studying the note, she again glares at Raveen. If that little scamp mis-delivered one of the notes, why, I’ll…
She lets out a sigh as she tries to compose herself. Madam, let’s say you were invited here for some purpose. As one of the owners of this establishment, I would certainly know if there was or wasn’t something going on tonight and who would be invited and I don’t know you. she says rather cryptically.

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue (Street Urchin) 3, HP 30/30 (AC16, t14, f12; +3R,+7R,+2W, CMB+2, CMD16, Perception +7 (+8 vs surprise), Sense Motive +7, Stealth +10)
DM RichD wrote:


It’s also rude to come into one’s business and cause trouble! She says without averting her gaze.

Now that's ironic, Raveen thought.

Raveen wrote:

The woman is shocked by this and grabs the paper out of Raveen’s hands. Assuming Raveen let’s her. If not she will try to study it in his hands.

Raveen lets her take the note, feigning shock at the invasion of personal space.

After a few moments of studying the note, she again glares at Raveen.
She lets out a sigh as she tries to compose herself.
"Madam, let’s say you were invited here for some purpose. As one of the owners of this establishment, I would certainly know if there was or wasn’t something going on tonight and who would be invited and I don’t know you. she says rather cryptically."

And I don't know you--yet the message reached me all the same, Raveen thought. Anna remained shyly determined all the same, and she piped, "Well--I'm sorry if I don't meet the criteria. I thought this was addressed to citizens concerned of Westcrown, and I do declare that I qualify."

Her eyes soften, and she mumbles in a voice that carries her sorrow, "I'm not happy here, and neither are you--indeed, very few people are content in this city. It doesn't matter who you meant to send this for--we all need help, and we all need hope."

Diplomacy to convince: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Acting to mist a bit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

"If anything, I have little to offer," Anna admits, shrugging at the mercenary, the mage who entered, the bard, and the spirit-binder at the side. "But I have spirit, ya know. If that's not good enough for ya--then I'll leave. I know that those who turn aid from the small have no one to stand beside them against the great."

Oscar-winning performance.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / ROTRL Map

Be Careful! Mera might get jealous at your acting skills. LOL

Raveen wrote:

Her eyes soften, and she mumbles in a voice that carries her sorrow, "I'm not happy here, and neither are you--indeed, very few people are content in this city. It doesn't matter who you meant to send this for--we all need help, and we all need hope."

Diplomacy to convince: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Acting to mist a bit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

"If anything, I have little to offer," Anna admits, shrugging at the mercenary, the mage who entered, the bard, and the spirit-binder at the side. "But I have spirit, ya know. If that's not good enough for ya--then I'll leave. I know that those who turn aid from the small have no one to stand beside them against the great."

The woman starts to chew her bottom lip as she thinks over what Anna had said.Well, she wasn't invited on purpose, but we can't turn down those willing to help.

All right, you can stay. There is something going on here tonight and we will begin as soon as two more people show up. She then moves to let Raveen glimpse the hilt of a knife. But play me false and you'll be sorry! I'll be back shortly with your stew.

She again stops by the window and again nervously glances up and down the street.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15
DM RichD wrote:
The woman starts to blush as Monday gives her the once over. Uh..those two over there got it right She says motioning to Tal and Anna/Raveen We..uh..only have stew or ale…we, my partner and me..we..uh..haven’t found a reliable cook…yet. She stammers clearly unnerved by the undressing she feels Monday is giving her. So..uh..which…one do you want or do you want both…and I mean you two as well. She says looking at Tuesday and Mera, glad that she broke eye contact with Monday. I was not expecting that! she thinks to herself.

"Oh I know which one I want... But I guess I'll have an ale till then." she responds as she crosses her arms then brings one hand to cup the the side of her chin, letting a finger gently rapp against her cheek. The events playing out in her head blatantly showing in her eyes and face, obvious to everyone around.


Female Human Bard/3 Init +3 | Perception +6 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2 / Ref +6* / Will +3* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Nice job over there Raveena!

Ale and stew? What is she, a lowly commoner?

Mera's smirk turns into a frown, like she was just offered sour milk. "Right then. What's in the stew?"

She looks up expectantly at the woman, knowing she won't hear what she wants to hear but asking anyway.

"No, never mind that. Is it too much to ask for some Sealord wine? Some spiced wine? Or Kumis or Pulque in the least?"

She blows out her breath and looks around and remembers where she is. She wipes away his frustration in the blink of an eye and puts on her best silky voice as she needles her fingers together and gently sets her chin down on top of the steepled hands. She looks up at the serving woman and asks, "Surely you have something stashed away back there for a special occasion?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 Meh


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

"Yes..." she purrs as she begins circling the woman. ""Surely you have something more appeasing to offer us?"

Diplomancy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue (Street Urchin) 3, HP 30/30 (AC16, t14, f12; +3R,+7R,+2W, CMB+2, CMD16, Perception +7 (+8 vs surprise), Sense Motive +7, Stealth +10)

Anna nods meekly, drawing an innocent smile once accepted, seemingly forgetting the knife, as he thought seriously, 'This is a dance I should watch my feet in.'

1 to 50 of 3,091 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.