Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

DM Raltus Demon Slaying

Game Master Raltus

Book 1 Maps l Gear Spread sheet l Hand outs


1,401 to 1,450 of 1,891 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

The first Demon snorts loudly, his filthy matted looking fur dark in the bright sun light. The Demon falls into almost a trance,

K. Planes DC 19:

Spellcraft DC 18:

The Demon is using a summon spell.

Summon 20%: 1d100 ⇒ 271d3 ⇒ 1


Round 1
Don, Demon 2
SteelGate, Demon 1 (-5)
Iko, Lyn <--
Tink, Irabeth


Male half-elf unchained monk 5; HP 52/60; Init +3; low-light vision; AC 17, touch 16, flat-footed 14; Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments; Perception +12

Iko watches as he moves through the shadows.

"Hold on my companions. I will join the battle soon." and continues to circle around their new enemies.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Aasimar Warpriest (5) - HP 55, AC 18/12/16, FRW 6/3/7, Ini +4, Perc. +10

Lynn waits.


Gear:
Short Sword +3 (1d6+3), Short Bow +5(1d6+1)
Stats:
HP 5/17 l AC 14 (T 11, FF 11) l F +1 R +6 W +1 l Ini +7 Perc +5

Irabeth Runs up to the two figures as the Demon runs up as well. Irabeth interposes herself between the figures and the Demon. A gasp comes from behind those lined up to defend the Heart.

"I told her not to go charging off into battle alone." Aniva hobbles up to stand with Lynn and the rest.


Round 2
Don, Demon 2 <--
SteelGate, Demon 1 (-5)
Iko, Lyn
Tink<--, Irabeth

A Terrible scretch fills the air, from the west but within the city a creature can be seen flying in towards Defender's Heart.

K. Arcana DC 19:

Creature Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

The closest Demon stop seeing Irabeth block the way to the fleeing pair, the Creature almost looks like it is talking to someone, it swift steps away from Irabeth, as it does a sickening looking green shield surrounds the creature.

Spellcraft DC 16:

Protection from Good AC 21 vs good aligned


1 person marked this as a favorite.

As Iko travels down the alley ways he ducks into some debris to avoid some cultists that are moving by, there are 4 cultists all with masks on and a few Dretches.

Iko:

"We should have persued them right up to that blasted hold out, I bet we could have taken them." One of the cultists says.

"Jeslyn says we cannot abandon the The Garrison, she is almost done the spell to corrupt that stupid stone fragment."


Don can do, waiting on Tink to do his move from last round. Steelgate can also close with the closest Demon


M Human Fighter 5 HP 37/65,Init+7,F6R4W3(6 Fear),Per+7,AC18T13FF15

Don shoots again!

+1 Repeating crossbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 181d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Don's shot just misses the closest Demon, the bolt scythes right by the head and strikes the cobble stone behind.


Round 2
Don, Demon 2
SteelGate<--, Demon 1 (-5) (I will do the Demon soon)
Iko, Lyn <--
Tink<--, Irabeth


Male half-elf unchained monk 5; HP 52/60; Init +3; low-light vision; AC 17, touch 16, flat-footed 14; Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments; Perception +12

Iko curses under his breath, torn between circling the demons and following the cultists to see what they're talking about. In the end he ops for ending the threat to his "friends" as soon as possible, figuring that he might need help getting through 'he Garrison' anyway.

Iko continues circling around the demons via the alleys and using the fallen buildings to hide his approach.


Round 1

Tink motions SteelGate forward, makes a few short hissing noises and lays a clawed hand on Lynns shoulder.

Protection from Evil


Round 2
Don, Demon 2
SteelGate<--, Demon 1 (-5) (I will do the Demon soon)
Iko, Lyn <--
Tink, Irabeth

SteelGate moves up to the 2 retreating figures, The older man smiles at the Automaton, the Armored Man sets his shield in a defensive position.

[b]"I mean you no harm, please retreat to Defender's heart we will cover your rear."[b/] SteelGate's hollow voice rings out.


Aasimar Warpriest (5) - HP 55, AC 18/12/16, FRW 6/3/7, Ini +4, Perc. +10

Still waiting with the readied attack.


The second demon moves up to stand beside it's companion, both demons standing stinky shaggy shoulder to stinky shaggy shoulder. Blackened smoke billowing from their noses.

If Lynn didn't move up they are still 40' away


M Human Fighter 5 HP 37/65,Init+7,F6R4W3(6 Fear),Per+7,AC18T13FF15

Come on Lynn, let us move up together! Don stows his crossbow(move) and pulls out his Earthbreaker(move)


Aasimar Warpriest (5) - HP 55, AC 18/12/16, FRW 6/3/7, Ini +4, Perc. +10

Charge: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 261d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (6) = 10
Lynn sighs and then charges the demon.


Lynn's Glaive bites deep into the demon, a howl and a large amount of oily black smoke fills the air.

Round 2
Don, Demon 2
SteelGate<--, Demon 1 (-15) (I will do the Demon soon)
Iko <--, Lyn
Tink, Irabeth

Irabeth swings at the Demon Lynn just hit trying to combine attacks.

Long Sword: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 1 = 301d8 + 4 + 2d6 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (5, 1) - 5 = 11

"I wish I had my father's sword right now" Irabeth mumbles out loud as she strikes solidly on the demon but the blade doesn't bite as deep as it should have.


Male half-elf unchained monk 5; HP 52/60; Init +3; low-light vision; AC 17, touch 16, flat-footed 14; Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments; Perception +12

Is it one more round till I'm behind them?


They moved forward so if you double moved you could be behind them yes.
Demon 1 (-31)


M Human Fighter 5 HP 37/65,Init+7,F6R4W3(6 Fear),Per+7,AC18T13FF15

Don will move up and attack if able
Earthbreaker,Stamina: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 282d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11
Stamina 4/6


Male half-elf unchained monk 5; HP 52/60; Init +3; low-light vision; AC 17, touch 16, flat-footed 14; Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments; Perception +12

Iko moves up behind the two demons that Don and Lynn are fighting and sweeps the leg of the one that Don hasn't attacked yet.

Improved trip: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 24


Iko drops the demon Threatening Lynn and Don just as Dons might hammer lays a blow not nearly as solid as it looks.

Round 2
Don, Demon 2
SteelGate<--, Demon 1 (-37)
Iko, Lyn
Tink<---, Irabeth
You guys roll insanely high all the time haha

The Non tripped Demon turns to Iko who surprised it and slashes him with a chewed up looking halberd.

Vertical chop: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 261d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Iko DC 15 Fort Save:

Gray Pox: Halberd—injury; save Fort DC 15; onset 1 day; frequency 1/day; effect 1d6 Str damage; cure 2 consecutive saves.

The Second Demon from it's back swings it Halberd at Don's ankles.

Horizontal chop: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 4 = 211d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Don DC 15 Fort Save:

Gray Pox: Halberd—injury; save Fort DC 15; onset 1 day; frequency 1/day; effect 1d6 Str damage; cure 2 consecutive saves.


M Human Fighter 5 HP 37/65,Init+7,F6R4W3(6 Fear),Per+7,AC18T13FF15

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Str Dmg Don: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Grey splotches start to form on Don's skin, Don' begins to feel his muscles weaken as the wasting sickness takes hold.


M Human Fighter 5 HP 37/65,Init+7,F6R4W3(6 Fear),Per+7,AC18T13FF15

I'm feeling a little woozy


Aasimar Warpriest (5) - HP 55, AC 18/12/16, FRW 6/3/7, Ini +4, Perc. +10

Mr. Woozy - The disease says onset 1 day. You shouldn't grow grey splotches until tomorrow.


He is wearing armor he just imagines they are there :)


Male half-elf unchained monk 5; HP 52/60; Init +3; low-light vision; AC 17, touch 16, flat-footed 14; Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments; Perception +12

Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Iko gets hit and his immediate reaction is going with the blow into a spin to trip the attacking creature too.

Redirection 1/4 DC14:
Redirection (4/day, DC 14) (Ex) At 1st level, as an immediate action, a flowing monk can attempt a reposition or trip combat maneuver against a creature that the flowing monk threatens and that attacks him. If the combat maneuver is successful, the attacker is sickened for 1 round

Improved trip: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19


Iko Str damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Their CMD is 20

The Demon moves his feet just avoiding the lashing body of Iko who tries to take him down as well.


Male half-elf unchained monk 5; HP 52/60; Init +3; low-light vision; AC 17, touch 16, flat-footed 14; Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments; Perception +12

Since me and Don are facing him, is he flanked cos then if so then I hit cos I get a +2 which I forgot to take into account :) BUt if it's too late then no stress.


If so yes, I didn't know what flanking tied in to Combat Maneuvers though.


Aasimar Warpriest (5) - HP 55, AC 18/12/16, FRW 6/3/7, Ini +4, Perc. +10

While watching out for Tink and Steelgate to maybe end one of those demons Lynn notices a broken nail at her hand. Maybe she should take some time to get a pedicure. Maybe with red nail polish?


M Human Fighter 5 HP 37/65,Init+7,F6R4W3(6 Fear),Per+7,AC18T13FF15

Suddenly a landshark eats Tink and Steelgate!


SteelGate and Tink will help the two men move quicker back towards Defender's heart.

Round 3
Don, Demon 2 <---
SteelGate, Demon 1 (-37)
Iko, Lyn
Tink, Irabeth

Retcon: Iko manages to trip both Demons, up -4 to their AC so 17 right now


M Human Fighter 5 HP 37/65,Init+7,F6R4W3(6 Fear),Per+7,AC18T13FF15

Sorry, my turn?


aye


M Human Fighter 5 HP 37/65,Init+7,F6R4W3(6 Fear),Per+7,AC18T13FF15

DOn keeps swinging!
Earthbreaker,Stamina: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 232d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 2) + 4 = 11


Don hammer lands with a solid blow but again the body of the demon is much to resilient.

DR 5/Good or Cold Iron, *cough*Scale*cough*

The demon having good results from hitting Don while laying down does so again.

Halberd Slash: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 281d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

The other demon Tries to stand drawing AoO from Lynn, Iko and Don

Round 3
Don, Demon 2
Demon 1 (Prone 17 AC) (-42)
Iko, Lyn, Irabeth <---

The demon turns to Iko and slash at him again for DARING to trip him.

Halberd smash: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 171d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


M Human Fighter 5 HP 37/65,Init+7,F6R4W3(6 Fear),Per+7,AC18T13FF15

Who has that scale that enhances our weapons? Don AoOs the demon trying to stand
Earthbreaker: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 192d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 3) + 4 = 12


Aasimar Warpriest (5) - HP 55, AC 18/12/16, FRW 6/3/7, Ini +4, Perc. +10

"I do. Wanna trade?" Lynn replies.

Stab AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + (3) = 12
Stab again: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + (4) = 14
Great. Damage rolls higher than the attack rolls.


M Human Fighter 5 HP 37/65,Init+7,F6R4W3(6 Fear),Per+7,AC18T13FF15

Sure


Aasimar Warpriest (5) - HP 55, AC 18/12/16, FRW 6/3/7, Ini +4, Perc. +10

Lynn steps back and uses the scale to cast align weapon on Don's earthbreaker.


Male half-elf unchained monk 5; HP 52/60; Init +3; low-light vision; AC 17, touch 16, flat-footed 14; Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments; Perception +12

Iko see's the attack coming and strikes out at the same time with Radiance.

AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

The strike wounds Iko in his side and he winces in pain, then retaliates with a vengeance. Using the power of his Ki, he attacks the demon in a flurry of attacks with his magical sword hoping to cut the demon down.

Flurry plus using a 1 ki point to get an extra attack

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Oh you have to be kidding me! All 3 rolls aren't even in the double digits. Wtf.

Iko's rage is obviously throwing off any precision, either that or his wounds are worse than they look.


Don is the only one who manages to wound the standing demon, Lynn and Iko's blow cannot penetrate the demonic hide.

"I will eat your tongues and bathe in your blood Mortals." The now standing demon taunts.

Seeing Don back away the demon cocks it's head in time for Irabeth's swing.

Side chop SMITE!: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 341d8 + 3 + 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (5, 2) + 5 = 21

"Not as long as I stand Demon you won't be bathing in anymore blood." Irabeth's Sword shines brilliantly as it bites deeply into the Demon's hide

Round 3
Don, Demon 2 (-28) <---
Demon 1 (Prone 17 AC) (-42)
Iko, Lyn, Irabeth
I assume that Don had that scale? or did Lynn?

The Demon on the ground is weeping an odd blue coloured liquid, the wounds taking it's toll on the Demon.


Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

A creature flies out of the western part of the city, moving with speed towards the ensuing battle.

K. Arcana DC 20:

This creature has a stag's body, a hawk's wings and talons, and the head of a slavering wolf with a rack of sharp antlers on its brow.

The Creature flies over the retreating Don, the shadow touching Don like an icy hand.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

The creature continues on a bit further then circles around.

Free Perception:

The shadow now looks like that of Don

Lining up a dive the Creature dives down with it's head lowered to Gore Don

Gore VS AC 18: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 = 301d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 = 311d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9


Male half-elf unchained monk 5; HP 52/60; Init +3; low-light vision; AC 17, touch 16, flat-footed 14; Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments; Perception +12

I've got the same scales so I can give it to Don next round as well if need be.


Iko and Lynn can go as we wait for Don to awaken


M Human Fighter 5 HP 37/65,Init+7,F6R4W3(6 Fear),Per+7,AC18T13FF15

Augh! Don clobbers the downed demon with his blessed hammer
Earthbreaker: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 92d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 2) + 4 = 11


Aasimar Warpriest (5) - HP 55, AC 18/12/16, FRW 6/3/7, Ini +4, Perc. +10

Stab: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + (1) = 10


Both Lynn and Don cannot penetrate the hide on the demons, the standing demon looks at Irabeth, oily smoke billowing from its nostrils.

"I will eat your heart Paladin."

Halberd: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 281d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Round 3
Don, Demon 2 (-28), Flying Creature <---
Demon 1 (Prone 17 AC) (-42)
Iko, Lyn, Irabeth (-7)

The Demon manages to slip a blow past Irabeths shield biting deep into her arm.

"My heart is my wives and you will have to fight her for it." Irabeth chips back.

The Demon on the ground feeling that it has a moment to stand does so.

Don, Lynn and Iko get an AoO, they are smart but blood lust and bleeding so badly makes it want to stand.

1,401 to 1,450 of 1,891 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / So it begins All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.