Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DM Puppet Master's Humble Bundle Welcome Campaign

Game Master Anon A Mouse

Now done with Crypt of the Everflame, our brave adventurers continue on to discover where the stolen amulets have gone in Masks of the Living God.


2,051 to 2,100 of 2,205 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

Spells:
1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 3rd 2/2
prepared spells:
1st- Liberating command,Thunder stomp, Snowball, Flare Burst,SnowBall, 2nd-Lay of the Land, Eagle Eye, Bulls Strength 3rd-Call Lightning, Hide Campsite
Half-Elf Druid 5 HP: 32/32 AC:16 TAC: 12 FF:14 Saves: 4:3:9 Init: +6 Per: +18

Finnrick and Millsy stay slightly behind Jaed leaving about 30 feet in between them. They move quietly through the woods.

Finnrick Stealth : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Perception : 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21
Millsy Stealth : 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human Rogue 5 | HP 34/48 | AC 20 FF 20 T 16 | BAB +3 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | F +3 R +9 W +3 | Init +11 | Per +10

Jaed hurries back to where the group is and signals Finnrick to follow him. Once they all reunite he whispers: "Five skeletons armed with scimitars heading this way. Oh man, I don't keep good memories from skeletons. We should hide and hope they don't see us."

In case we decide to hide:
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22


Definitely not a vampire Xin Grafar | Intersection

Are you all planning on hiding? Or doing something else?


Male Human Rogue 5 | HP 34/48 | AC 20 FF 20 T 16 | BAB +3 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | F +3 R +9 W +3 | Init +11 | Per +10

Jaed's primary instinct would be to hide but he will fight if we decide to. He has some experience killing nasty skeletons :)


Female Aasimar Cleric 5 Domains: Healing: Resurrection and Sun: Revelation | HP 29/31 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +7 | Initiative +1 | Perception +13 /+15 vs surprise/invisible/+17 vs disguise/hidden | Darkvision 60 feet | 3d6 Channel 5/6 | Active Effects: None

Oh man, I could have sworn I posted from work yesterday, sorry about that. Maybe I just previewed and forgot to submit.

I don't know about hiding. Seems like it would take a long time, and I really don't know if our friend here could even do it. <She indicates their troubled guide.> I think we either need to swing around them, if that is possible, so we can keep following the cultists, or we need to get through them somehow. Do they look too strong to fight? Is there time to get out of their way?


Male Tiefling GeoKinetic Knight 5 | HP 42/48 (10NL) | AC 22 T 11 FF 21 | DR 3/adamantine | Resistance Cold(5) Fire(5) Electricity(5) | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +4 | Perception +10; darkvision (60ft)

Hide? From skeletons? Why would we do that... Biting his tongue, Carrakas waits for a decision from the others, fine to follow their lead, though his eager gaze toward where Jaed indicates probably gives away his inclination.


Spells:
1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 3rd 2/2
prepared spells:
1st- Liberating command,Thunder stomp, Snowball, Flare Burst,SnowBall, 2nd-Lay of the Land, Eagle Eye, Bulls Strength 3rd-Call Lightning, Hide Campsite
Half-Elf Druid 5 HP: 32/32 AC:16 TAC: 12 FF:14 Saves: 4:3:9 Init: +6 Per: +18

"We have had some trouble with skeletons haven't we?" Finnrick asks Jaed. "perhaps we could attempt to hide and ambush them. Carrakas, you come with me I have something for you if we do fight"

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Elf Wizard (Necromancer) 5 | HP 27/27 | AC 14 T 14 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +13; low-light vision | Grave Touch 8/8 | Turn Undead 7/8

"Trouble with skeletons?" says Lily, her brow furrowed. "They're among the weakest of animated dead."

Do note the very last power on my stat bar.


Spells:
1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 3rd 2/2
prepared spells:
1st- Liberating command,Thunder stomp, Snowball, Flare Burst,SnowBall, 2nd-Lay of the Land, Eagle Eye, Bulls Strength 3rd-Call Lightning, Hide Campsite
Half-Elf Druid 5 HP: 32/32 AC:16 TAC: 12 FF:14 Saves: 4:3:9 Init: +6 Per: +18

"You are the authority here on the undead. I still say we set an ambush. Since we know they're coming it can't hurt. But we've little time. Millsy go with Marzela keep those things away from her."

Handle Animal DC 25: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

push to guard, she will attack anything that gets near Marzela

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Elf Wizard (Necromancer) 5 | HP 27/27 | AC 14 T 14 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +13; low-light vision | Grave Touch 8/8 | Turn Undead 7/8

"Ah, yes, of course, an ambush is always a better option," says Lily.


Female Aasimar Cleric 5 Domains: Healing: Resurrection and Sun: Revelation | HP 29/31 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +7 | Initiative +1 | Perception +13 /+15 vs surprise/invisible/+17 vs disguise/hidden | Darkvision 60 feet | 3d6 Channel 5/6 | Active Effects: None

Marzela isn't sure if their guide understands the concept of an ambush anymore, but she tells him they have to hide, and then, miming what they need to do, tries to help him hide and encourages him to be still and silent.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26

At the same time she attempts to hide herself, although that is definitely not a strength.

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Male Human Rogue 5 | HP 34/48 | AC 20 FF 20 T 16 | BAB +3 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | F +3 R +9 W +3 | Init +11 | Per +10

"Yes Finnrick, we had a good ration of undead in that crypt."

The rogue let's out a long sight. "Ok, looks y'all are eager for some action. Let's prepare that ambush then."


Definitely not a vampire Xin Grafar | Intersection

Stealth:
Jaed: 22
Marzela: 15

Carrakas: 1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 6 = 0
Finnrick: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Millsy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Lily: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Skeleton Perceptions: 5d20 ⇒ (5, 3, 14, 8, 17) = 47

Init:
Carrakas: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Finnrick: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Lily: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Jaed: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Marzela: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Skeletons: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

The groups quickly looks to find hiding places behind bushes and douse all their light sources. The smelly man sits down behind his designated bush and quickly begins scribbling in a journal, continuing even when there's not light to see by. Luckily for the members of the group without darkvision, a light source soon begins to approach in the form of flaming skeletons. Their red eyes scan the forest looking for any prey. As the group waits for them to get closer, there's a rather loud screetchhhh of metal as Carrakas stands in preparation for rushing at the creatures followed by an immediate groan from Lily. The skeletons immediately begin heading for the sounds.

The entire party gets a surprise round action, then two skeletons will take a surprise round action. Then we'll go into regular combat. Forest map

If you have ranks in it, you can make a single Kn(Religion) check and read any spoilers whose DC you beat.

DC 11:
In addition to the typical undead traits and resistance to non-bludgeoning weapons, these skeletons are, predictably, immune to fire, and they deal addition fire damage on their attacks. In addition, the heat they exude is so strong that it hurts creatures next to them or who attack with unarmed strikes or natural attacks.

DC 16:
These skeletons are also sometimes able to avoid sneak attacks or critical hits (25% chance of negating the extra damage) but weak to cold or electricity damage. When they die, the explode in a small ball of fire that damages those near them.


Female Elf Wizard (Necromancer) 5 | HP 27/27 | AC 14 T 14 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +13; low-light vision | Grave Touch 8/8 | Turn Undead 7/8

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

"Use ranged attacks if possible!" shouts Lily. "They explode when broken!"

Lily exhales hard, then as she breathes in there's a sense of an eerie warping in the air, like a heat-haze over mist - though such a thing would never happen naturally - and she exudes some kind of shiver-inducing momentary energy.

Turn undead, Will save DC 14.


Female Aasimar Cleric 5 Domains: Healing: Resurrection and Sun: Revelation | HP 29/31 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +7 | Initiative +1 | Perception +13 /+15 vs surprise/invisible/+17 vs disguise/hidden | Darkvision 60 feet | 3d6 Channel 5/6 | Active Effects: None

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Marzela casts a spell from where she is:

Sonic Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Blue and Green Skeletons take the damage and need to make a DC 15 fort save or be stunned for a round. (Effect is instantaneous, but put the yellow circle up to show area of effect. It affects *everyone* so if any of our party is there when it goes off, they get damage as well.)

Sound Burst:

School evocation [sonic]; Level bard 2, cleric/oracle 2

CASTING
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, F/DF (a musical instrument)

EFFECT
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Area 10-ft.-radius spread
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw Fortitude partial; Spell Resistance yes

DESCRIPTION
You blast an area with a tremendous cacophony. Every creature in the area takes 1d8 points of sonic damage and must succeed on a Fortitude save to avoid being stunned for 1 round. Creatures that cannot hear are not stunned but are still damaged.

All of that for one damage. Grr. Well, maybe one of them will be stunned.


Spells:
1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 3rd 2/2
prepared spells:
1st- Liberating command,Thunder stomp, Snowball, Flare Burst,SnowBall, 2nd-Lay of the Land, Eagle Eye, Bulls Strength 3rd-Call Lightning, Hide Campsite
Half-Elf Druid 5 HP: 32/32 AC:16 TAC: 12 FF:14 Saves: 4:3:9 Init: +6 Per: +18

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

In an attempt to keep the skeletons at range Finnrick casts Entangle, a spell that if done right should do just that.

Entangle:
This spell causes tall grass, weeds, and other plants to wrap around creatures in the area of effect or those that enter the area. Creatures that fail their save gain the entangled condition. Creatures that make their save can move as normal, but those that remain in the area must save again at the end of your turn. Creatures that move into the area must save immediately. Those that fail must end their movement and gain the entangled condition. Entangled creatures can attempt to break free as a move action, making a Strength or Escape Artist check. The DC for this check is equal to the DC of the spell. The entire area of effect is considered difficult terrain while the effect lasts.

If the plants in the area are covered in thorns, those in the area take 1 point of damage each time they fail a save against the entangle or fail a check made to break free. Other effects, depending on the local plants, might be possible at GM discretion.

DC 16 Reflex initially and DC 16 STR or Escape artist to break free

Millsy stays and Protects Marzela


Male Tiefling GeoKinetic Knight 5 | HP 42/48 (10NL) | AC 22 T 11 FF 21 | DR 3/adamantine | Resistance Cold(5) Fire(5) Electricity(5) | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +4 | Perception +10; darkvision (60ft)

Carrakas flinches as his armor makes a loud noise, giving their position away. He finds himself getting angry, and then just rolls with it, allowing that anger to flow through him. He accesses a piece of his tiefling heritage, feeling the anger, and letting it make him stronger. A low growl escapes his lips, as he glares at the flaming skeletons.

Using my Rage spell like ability, which lasts for concentration + 5 rounds - since I won't concentrate on it next round most likely, that means it should be up for rounds 1-5, expiring on round 6. Gives me +2 str and con, +1 will, and -2 AC (I updated my status line to reflect this).


Male Human Rogue 5 | HP 34/48 | AC 20 FF 20 T 16 | BAB +3 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | F +3 R +9 W +3 | Init +11 | Per +10

Jaed rolls his eyes when he hears the noises coming from Carrakas and Lily's positions. One day I will be able to find some companions that can just keep quiet...

"What the heck! Exploding skeletons! Really?!" the rogue yells back while he contemplates the spells going off. Not wanting to get any closer to the skeletons he sheathes one of his swords move action during the surprise round and prepares to throw one of his daggers which will happen during the first round.


Definitely not a vampire Xin Grafar | Intersection

DM:
Red: 1 dmg, Southern orange: 1 dmg

Will saves DC14: 5d20 ⇒ (11, 11, 20, 3, 1) = 46 One succeeds
Perhaps I should have linked to the undead traits in the Knowledge checks, but undead are immune to being stunned.
Reflex saves DC 16: 5d20 ⇒ (10, 3, 15, 8, 17) = 53 Once again, one succeeds

Entangled skeleton break free DC 16: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

As a barrage of spells go off, many of the skeletons attempt to flee Lily's terrifying aura of goodness. However, only one of the skeleton is able to avoid the sudden plant growth and begin running away. The fifth skeleton still looks like it wants to kill you all, gnashing its teeth together menacingly, but the white grass holds it in place.

Entire party is up for round 1 actions


Spells:
1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 3rd 2/2
prepared spells:
1st- Liberating command,Thunder stomp, Snowball, Flare Burst,SnowBall, 2nd-Lay of the Land, Eagle Eye, Bulls Strength 3rd-Call Lightning, Hide Campsite
Half-Elf Druid 5 HP: 32/32 AC:16 TAC: 12 FF:14 Saves: 4:3:9 Init: +6 Per: +18

Finnrick begins to summon.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Aasimar Cleric 5 Domains: Healing: Resurrection and Sun: Revelation | HP 29/31 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +7 | Initiative +1 | Perception +13 /+15 vs surprise/invisible/+17 vs disguise/hidden | Darkvision 60 feet | 3d6 Channel 5/6 | Active Effects: None

Okay. The spell says it affects anything that can hear, but I didn't know they were immune. Kind of a pointless thing to do, turns out. Oh well.

Marzela moves, and channels to harm undead (DC 15 save for half damage) <--Yellow circle should be area of effect.

Channel v Undead: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 2) = 9


Male Human Rogue 5 | HP 34/48 | AC 20 FF 20 T 16 | BAB +3 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | F +3 R +9 W +3 | Init +11 | Per +10

Jaed does not feel like getting closer to the exploding skeletons so he prepares to throw a dagger. He remembers that pointy things were not very effective against skeletons. Maybe the dagger hits with its hilt, the rogue wishes.

Prepared action to throw the dagger if any skeleton gets closer than 50 ft

Throw dagger: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Tiefling GeoKinetic Knight 5 | HP 42/48 (10NL) | AC 22 T 11 FF 21 | DR 3/adamantine | Resistance Cold(5) Fire(5) Electricity(5) | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +4 | Perception +10; darkvision (60ft)

Carrakas channels his anger into the earth around him, as the earth begins to shake and earthen matter starts to loudly and quickly swirl in toward him.

My action here depends on whether or not Marzela's channel kills the skeleton closest to me, so I'll leave both actions.

If the skeleton is dead:

The earthen display continues, longer than previous displays he has made, as he focuses his gaze on the farther skeleton.

Gathering Power as a full round action, -2 to the burn cost next round

If the skeleton is alive(ish):

The earthen power finishes it's display, and Carrakas suddenly shoots off toward the nearest skeleton, a hammer forming in his free hand as he goes.
Ref save vs DC16 for Entangle: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
He nimbly dodges any grasping vines as he shoots off toward the skeleton. When he arrives next to it, he takes a swing with his hammer.
Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
However, his speed causes him to overcompensate, and he swings right past it.

Note, in this case, I have a -2 penalty to AC for the round, on top of my Rage penalty, leaving me with just 18AC.
Note 2: I have fire resistance 5 and DR 3, for any upcoming counter attacks and/or explosions


Definitely not a vampire Xin Grafar | Intersection

DM:
Red: 10
Western Orange: 9
Southern Orange: 10
Yellow: 4

Will DC 15: 4d20 ⇒ (13, 20, 10, 3) = 46 One saved

A wave of positive energy washes over many of the skeletons, who are now looking noticeably worse for wear though all remain standing. Meanwhile Finnrick begins summoning something to aid the group and Carrakas rushes in to melee. Jaed prepares to strike should any foe dare approach as Lily (bot) moves in closer to the undead creatures. Unfortunately the skeletons were just out of reach for a move + disrupt undead

The skeleton that managed to break free of the entangled area continues to flee, terrified of Lily as its companions attempt to likewise free themselves. Only one, however, manages to succeed and immediately begins heading in the other direction, only to get stuck once again at the very edge of the entangled area.
Entangle DC 16: 4d20 ⇒ (11, 10, 5, 14) = 40
Freed reflex's save DC16: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

Entire party is up again.


Female Elf Wizard (Necromancer) 5 | HP 27/27 | AC 14 T 14 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +13; low-light vision | Grave Touch 8/8 | Turn Undead 7/8

Lily points her hand and launches a beam of pure positive energy at the nearest skeleton.

Disrupt Undead ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Confirm crit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Positive energy damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Female Aasimar Cleric 5 Domains: Healing: Resurrection and Sun: Revelation | HP 29/31 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +7 | Initiative +1 | Perception +13 /+15 vs surprise/invisible/+17 vs disguise/hidden | Darkvision 60 feet | 3d6 Channel 5/6 | Active Effects: None

Marzela moves and channels to harm undead again.

DC 15 save for half damage, yellow circle should be new area of effect

Channel v Undead: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 1) = 8

Edit:
Whoops... I am probably entangled too, so maybe I can't move. Let's see.

Strength check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Ha ha... yeah, no. Okay. Channeling again from where I was before... moved everything back.


Spells:
1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 3rd 2/2
prepared spells:
1st- Liberating command,Thunder stomp, Snowball, Flare Burst,SnowBall, 2nd-Lay of the Land, Eagle Eye, Bulls Strength 3rd-Call Lightning, Hide Campsite
Half-Elf Druid 5 HP: 32/32 AC:16 TAC: 12 FF:14 Saves: 4:3:9 Init: +6 Per: +18

A small lighting elemental appears and rushes toward the fleeing skeleton red and attempts to slam into it.

Slam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15+3 if the have metal armor or weapon
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Electric Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

He then begins to cast another spell by looking into the sky. Is it safe to assume that this is a somewhat stormy area all the time?

-Posted with Wayfinder


Spells:
1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 3rd 2/2
prepared spells:
1st- Liberating command,Thunder stomp, Snowball, Flare Burst,SnowBall, 2nd-Lay of the Land, Eagle Eye, Bulls Strength 3rd-Call Lightning, Hide Campsite
Half-Elf Druid 5 HP: 32/32 AC:16 TAC: 12 FF:14 Saves: 4:3:9 Init: +6 Per: +18

I just realized that the attack and damage for the slam are both an extra +2 because of augmented summoning

For reference the elementals stats are AC 14 HP 13/13

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human Rogue 5 | HP 34/48 | AC 20 FF 20 T 16 | BAB +3 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | F +3 R +9 W +3 | Init +11 | Per +10

Watching the skeletons are weakening because of the spells, Jaed approaches the edge of the entangled area. Wanting to contribute to the fight, he throws the dagger that he is holding at the closest skeleton.

Throw dagger: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 If my calculations are correct it is at 35ft.
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Definitely not a vampire Xin Grafar | Intersection

DM:
~3 rounds fleeing
Red: 17
Southern Orange: 10
Yellow: 12

@Finnrick: Yes, you are in a constantly stormy area.

Will DC 15: 2d20 ⇒ (7, 12) = 19

The combined power of Marzela and Lily manages to bring down one skeleton just in time for Jaed's dagger to go whizzing harmlessly through the ball of fire as it explodes. Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 5 Negated by fire resistance

Meanwhile Finnrick's elemental slams into the fleeing skeleton, who in terror continues to flee. This provokes an AoO from the elemental. If the skeleton survives that, it took the run action, so it's 120ft away from the elemental.

Carrakas Reflex DC 16 for entangle: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Carrakas (bot), still avoiding the grasping vines, move towards the next closest skeleton and attempt to slam it with his weapon.

To Hit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Damage: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 6, 6) + 6 = 22

Dealing it a mighty blow, that one also explodes is a burst of fire. That the warrior once again shrugs off.Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Snarling, the remaining skeletons struggle once again against the vines. One manages to break free and runs straight at Carrakas only to get entangled once again while the other remains stuck.
DC 16: 2d20 ⇒ (15, 2) = 17
1 Carrakas 2 Marzela: 1d2 ⇒ 1
DC 16: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Fire damage for Carrakas starting turn next to skeleton 1d6 ⇒ 6 => 1 damage after fire resistance

Party is up again.


Female Aasimar Cleric 5 Domains: Healing: Resurrection and Sun: Revelation | HP 29/31 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +7 | Initiative +1 | Perception +13 /+15 vs surprise/invisible/+17 vs disguise/hidden | Darkvision 60 feet | 3d6 Channel 5/6 | Active Effects: None

Strength Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Marzela still can't move, but she channels again, figuring they were going to theoretically sleep soon anyway, so it didn't matter if she used up a lot of her healing.

Channel v Undead: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 3) = 11


Spells:
1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 3rd 2/2
prepared spells:
1st- Liberating command,Thunder stomp, Snowball, Flare Burst,SnowBall, 2nd-Lay of the Land, Eagle Eye, Bulls Strength 3rd-Call Lightning, Hide Campsite
Half-Elf Druid 5 HP: 32/32 AC:16 TAC: 12 FF:14 Saves: 4:3:9 Init: +6 Per: +18

The elemental crackles with electric energy as at slams into the fleeing skeleton.

Slam: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Phisical Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Electric Damage : 1d3 ⇒ 2

As the the spell completes Finnrick points at the orange skeleton and a bolt of lightning shoots down out of the sky striking it.

Lightning : 3d10 ⇒ (4, 4, 4) = 12
Reflex 18 for half damage

If the AOO kills the skeleton he will charge another (alive?) skeleton. It can charge 200 ft. So it will go for whichever is closest if it doesn't kill it with AOO use these rolls for him charging the fleeing guy.

Slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Electric : 1d3 ⇒ 2

New AC 12


HP 32/32 AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13

Millsy absent-mindedly cleans her claws.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Tiefling GeoKinetic Knight 5 | HP 42/48 (10NL) | AC 22 T 11 FF 21 | DR 3/adamantine | Resistance Cold(5) Fire(5) Electricity(5) | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +4 | Perception +10; darkvision (60ft)

Carrakas flinches slightly as a bit of the skeleton's flame gets through his thick hide.
When Marzela is channeling to damage the skeletons, does it heal me at the same time? Not terribly familiar with the channeling rules

Ref DC 16 vs Entangle: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
As he begins to look for a new target, the vines snare in a crease of his armor. He snarls in annoyance, and attempts to pull free. However, he doesn't quite have the strength to break the vines.
Str check, DC 16: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Pretty sure all the skeletons are dead at this point anyway, or very nearly so. This group does exceptionally well against undead, it would seem!


Male Human Rogue 5 | HP 34/48 | AC 20 FF 20 T 16 | BAB +3 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | F +3 R +9 W +3 | Init +11 | Per +10

Not feeling really needed in the fight, Jaed unsheathes his other sword and stays where he is, prepared to attack in the remote case any of the skeletons comes within his reach.


Female Elf Wizard (Necromancer) 5 | HP 27/27 | AC 14 T 14 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +13; low-light vision | Grave Touch 8/8 | Turn Undead 7/8

Lily continues to launch beams of positive energy.

Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Positive energy damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Definitely not a vampire Xin Grafar | Intersection

@Carrakas: No, it doesn't heal you. When a cleric channels they have the option of either healing or damaging undead. Not both.

Will DC 15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Reflex DC18: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

With a series of flashes and explosions, the remaining skeletons all die in balls of fire and the group is plunged into complete and utter darkness.

Combat over. Though unless you have darkvision, you currently can't see anything.


Female Aasimar Cleric 5 Domains: Healing: Resurrection and Sun: Revelation | HP 29/31 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +7 | Initiative +1 | Perception +13 /+15 vs surprise/invisible/+17 vs disguise/hidden | Darkvision 60 feet | 3d6 Channel 5/6 | Active Effects: None

Marzela has darkvision; is the entangle spell gone?


Spells:
1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 3rd 2/2
prepared spells:
1st- Liberating command,Thunder stomp, Snowball, Flare Burst,SnowBall, 2nd-Lay of the Land, Eagle Eye, Bulls Strength 3rd-Call Lightning, Hide Campsite
Half-Elf Druid 5 HP: 32/32 AC:16 TAC: 12 FF:14 Saves: 4:3:9 Init: +6 Per: +18

It lasts for 5 minutes so no

Finnrick calls down a few more bolts of lightning before letting go of the spell. The darkness envelopes him and he casts light on his scimitar to make it easier to see. Millsy saunters over to his side as though she hadn't just sat out of the entire fight.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Aasimar Cleric 5 Domains: Healing: Resurrection and Sun: Revelation | HP 29/31 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +7 | Initiative +1 | Perception +13 /+15 vs surprise/invisible/+17 vs disguise/hidden | Darkvision 60 feet | 3d6 Channel 5/6 | Active Effects: None

Strength check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Marzela remains stuck in the middle of the entangled area.


Definitely not a vampire Xin Grafar | Intersection

The 'D' next to the duration of entangle means it's dismissible, if you want to end it early.


Spells:
1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 3rd 2/2
prepared spells:
1st- Liberating command,Thunder stomp, Snowball, Flare Burst,SnowBall, 2nd-Lay of the Land, Eagle Eye, Bulls Strength 3rd-Call Lightning, Hide Campsite
Half-Elf Druid 5 HP: 32/32 AC:16 TAC: 12 FF:14 Saves: 4:3:9 Init: +6 Per: +18

I did not know that

"sorry"Finnrick says with a wave of his hand the foliage goes back to its normal self.

-Posted with Wayfinder


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elf Wizard (Necromancer) 5 | HP 27/27 | AC 14 T 14 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +13; low-light vision | Grave Touch 8/8 | Turn Undead 7/8

"That went better than expected!" says Lily perkily.


Male Human Rogue 5 | HP 34/48 | AC 20 FF 20 T 16 | BAB +3 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | F +3 R +9 W +3 | Init +11 | Per +10

Well, as you could see, Jaed is pretty useless against skeletons so I'm happy to see you are all so effective against them. Next time I'll just sit and watch the show :)

The rogue tries to look for his lost dagger with the help of the little light coming from Finnrick's scimitar. He does not have much hope of finding it but it is worth 2 gp and 2 gp are 2 gp.

"We may make camp. It is hard to see anything now," he says while he is walking around the combat zone.


Female Aasimar Cleric 5 Domains: Healing: Resurrection and Sun: Revelation | HP 29/31 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +7 | Initiative +1 | Perception +13 /+15 vs surprise/invisible/+17 vs disguise/hidden | Darkvision 60 feet | 3d6 Channel 5/6 | Active Effects: None

Marzela sees Jaed's dagger, grabs it, and hands it to him carefully so he doesn't cut himself in the dark.

Then she casts Cure Serious Wounds (just in case, because she has extra spells for the night), goes over to the crazy guy, and quickly pulls out the arrow and heals him immediately after.

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 1, 6) + 5 = 14

There, doesn't that feel better now? she says soothingly, hoping he isn't going to run off again. Let's sleep for a while, and then go find the mask people, okay?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39 (assuming he is just human... if he is something else and just looks human, then 2 less)

If he is okay, she gives him a blanket and leads him to a relatively flat area. She does the same for Jaed if he needs it (helping him to a relatively flat area and laying out his bedroll).

(Still assuming that crazy guy doesn't run off again)

She goes over and heals Carrakas, and tells him she is going to sleep but to wake her if needed.

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (4, 6) + 5 = 15
I'll have to remember to prepare a light spell for tomorrow she thinks, before drifting off to sleep, too tired to try to stay up longer and keep watch.


Spells:
1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 3rd 2/2
prepared spells:
1st- Liberating command,Thunder stomp, Snowball, Flare Burst,SnowBall, 2nd-Lay of the Land, Eagle Eye, Bulls Strength 3rd-Call Lightning, Hide Campsite
Half-Elf Druid 5 HP: 32/32 AC:16 TAC: 12 FF:14 Saves: 4:3:9 Init: +6 Per: +18

Finnian finds a suitable area to camp and casts hide campsite. "there, we shouldn't need watches with this. No one should find us here" he then drifts off, getting some much needed rest.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Tiefling GeoKinetic Knight 5 | HP 42/48 (10NL) | AC 22 T 11 FF 21 | DR 3/adamantine | Resistance Cold(5) Fire(5) Electricity(5) | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +4 | Perception +10; darkvision (60ft)

"Thanks" Carrakas says to Marzela after she heals him. He then joins the others in preparing for the night.


Definitely not a vampire Xin Grafar | Intersection

DM:
3, 3am: 7d100 ⇒ (11, 64, 93, 89, 22, 66, 15) = 360, 4, 9am: 7d100 ⇒ (65, 73, 31, 13, 95, 88, 55) = 420

The group sets up camp. The man continues to write madly in his journal, failing to notice Marzela move closer as she pulls out the arrow and heals him. The good news is that the wound doesn't look infected. The bad news is that she almost vomits a couple of times from the sheer stench. Possibly the worst news of all is that Finnrick's spell means the entire group has to be uncomfortably close to the man as they fall asleep, making it take longer than usual to find the bliss of unconsciousness.

No one dreams that nights, and the group remains undisturbed. One by one people begin to wake up only to be confronted once again by the rotten stench of your softly snoring companion. It's not a great way to greet the day. Nevertheless the group eats a quick breakfast and packs up their camp ready to continue onwards.

The man continues to lead the group in the same south-eastern direction as before. After about an hour and a half of travel, you reach the edge of this odd, white forest to see what appears to be a river a couple of hundred feet ahead of you. However, the water seems to be black. Vaguely, far off to the west, you can hear the roar of what is most likely a waterfall.

Pausing in case the group would like to do anything before the man continues to lead you onward.

Around 9:00am, Day 2


Male Human Rogue 5 | HP 34/48 | AC 20 FF 20 T 16 | BAB +3 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | F +3 R +9 W +3 | Init +11 | Per +10

Jaed is thankful that Marzela finds his dagger.

The next day, the moment he sees the river, the rogue comments: "Someone here could use a bath. Even that black water can't make things worse." He then continues to follow the man.


Female Aasimar Cleric 5 Domains: Healing: Resurrection and Sun: Revelation | HP 29/31 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +7 | Initiative +1 | Perception +13 /+15 vs surprise/invisible/+17 vs disguise/hidden | Darkvision 60 feet | 3d6 Channel 5/6 | Active Effects: None

Lily could probably just clean him with Prestidigitation, but I am worried that the only reason that the wolves and stuff haven't eaten him already is the smell... we'd be removing his protection. If we're going to keep him with us and safe, we could try--but maybe after he shows us where we are going, just in case he freaks?

2,051 to 2,100 of 2,205 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Puppet Master's Humble Bundle Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.