DM Papa.DRB - Legendary Planet

Game Master DM Duiker


1,701 to 1,750 of 1,895 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

World Map; City Map; Tactical Map

Please feel free to make absolutely ANY suggestions. Given this is my first DMing via PbP, any input is welcome. If there's something you don't like, it's likely it's because I don't know better, not because I have a preference of doing it a certain way!

Each of you notices a sudden vertigo, as if your entire body passed through a soap bubble and your ears popped. The colors shift ever so slightly and time seems to hiccup as one personality at the controls of reality is replaced with another.

Redfist (#1), a scrawny but vicious looking human man turns to greet the party, with a brilliant smile of broken teeth at Hilde and a sidewise wink at Kit. He waves to the party members in the back and calls out to answer Iskender's and Dilwyn's questions.

"Blood flakes!" He flutters a hand above his head. "Makes a skull feel like it's flying on colors. Only twenty jink an ounce, but we've a special going, kids get fifty precents off. On account of the Red Fists' cherryable impulses and inbestment in future costumers."

Whatever strange force in your blood allows you to understand the common tongue of this world manages to also convey the Redfist's atrocious handle on basic vocabulary.

He glances over the party, appraising your clothes and bearing. "Now as newly arrivaled offworlders, you may not be awares of the only true law in this fine city: NO INTERFERENCE WITH TRADE OR COMMERCE." He says the last bit with the clear emphasis of a memorized quote. "My associates and myself hope we do not require explanations of this in more legal terminologies?"

With that, his smile drops, and he taps his club in his hand. As his five companions straighten behind him, it is doubly apparent that you aren't on Golarion anymore as the speaker is the only one of a race whom you'd recognize back home.

The other nearest to you (Redfist #2) is one of those dog-like humanoids you fought back in the prison, who wields a club and a snarl of canines. Just behind them (Redfist #3) is a woman who appears to be half metal and half flesh, of the same race as your old companion Gooch. She tucks a bundle of the bags of drugs into a door in her stomach, which she slams shut with a metallic click. Her hands are otherwise empty.

Behind a bubbling fountain, Redfist #4 is a woman who appears to be as much plant as humanoid, with smooth bark for skin and a shock of fern fronds in place of hair, a wooden quarterstaff in hand that seems to still be living wood, with leaves growing here and there along its knobby length. Redfist #5 is something that looks almost like a kobold if one made it even uglier and attached stubby reptilian wings to its back; it draws a wicked looking dagger in each hand. Redfist #6 is an enormous pink-skinned man with four arms, yellow eyes, sharply pointed ears, and not a hint of hair on smooth head. He cracks the knuckles of each fist in turn, with a bored look.

Next?


Female Human (Ulfen) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 | HP 38/60 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 CMD 20 | F +6 R +2 W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Status: Fatigued

Hilde looks at Kit, waiting for a sign from him to start punching people unconscious.


Male Varisian Bard 4 (AC: 17[T: 12 FF: 15] | HP: 32/32(0NL) | F+1, R+6, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Having got his questions answered, to some extent anyways, and understanding the intent of his party to not permit children to be so abused, he sought to antagonize, without breaking the so called “only true law.” ”Now, it is funny just how you put that last bit, you see, I made no mention of interfering. In fact, if you didn’t have your head so far up that other fellow’s arse, you’d have realized that I asked about aiding the trade, but your response clearly was meant to interfere with the possibility of trade and commerce on our end. An irony that is not lost on me, but as the only thing in this alley smaller than your intellect is your manhood, I can well understand why you missed the obvious” Iskender emphasized important words, and became louder as he continued on. ”So, if you will kindly tell us who your superiors are and then shuck off, things won’t need to become more awkward then they already are.”

Intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 NG | Init +1| Senses low-light vision; Perception +7 AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | hp 39/39 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +4; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep; Resist cold 5, fire 5

Min continues to stand in the back. She studies her fingernails to see if there is any dirt under them. She looks exceedingly bored by the Red Fists lack of comprehension. "Children. Why don't you run along, and let the adults do their business. You don't need to see such stupidity."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Female Human (Ulfen) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 | HP 38/60 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 CMD 20 | F +6 R +2 W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Status: Fatigued

Hilde growls, trying to mark Iskender's words.
Aid Another Intimidation Roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Male Varisian Bard 4 (AC: 17[T: 12 FF: 15] | HP: 32/32(0NL) | F+1, R+6, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Let's get all those bad rolls out in the social half of this encounter!


Female Human (Ulfen) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 | HP 38/60 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 CMD 20 | F +6 R +2 W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Status: Fatigued

My thoughts exactly!


Male Human Ranger 4 (HP 52/52 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+7 CMD:19 Init:+1 Perc: +8 Survival +8)

Kit chuckles. Well my fine friend, you might have a law in this city, but let me explain to you the universal law of Kit. If you make me mad, you will feel the edge of my axe!


World Map; City Map; Tactical Map

DM Rolls:

Intimidation DC: 10+HD+WIS=12

Iskender's words seem to alternately baffle, infuriate, and terrify the Redfist doing all the speaking. He is clearly not used to being stood up to. (Redfist #1 is shaken for one round.).

Hilde's growl does not help his case, as rather than being threatening, she stumbles upon the precise idiomatic growl for asking for directions to the library in the dog-creature's particular native language.

Min's warning unfortunately has exactly the opposite effect as intended, as the children not entirely lost in a haze of drugs seem to perk up at the promise of violent entertainments.

It is Kit's appeal to formal legal arguments that settles the broiling decision.

"Supervisors?" Redfist #1 sputters. "The Redfists are kings of these alleys, and our incollects are smaller than YOUR manhoods, which you would know full well had you ever managed to pull your heads up this fellow's arse." He beams at what he assumes is a blistering rejoinder. "Redfists, clubs up for commerce!"

Initiative:

Dilwyn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Hilde: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Iskender: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Kit: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Min: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Foe(s): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 (-2 for shaken)


Kit (18) UP
Foes (16)
Iskender (12)
Hilde (10)
Dilwyn (4)
Min (3)
So Kit goes, then I'll have the foes act, then everyone else.


Male Varisian Bard 4 (AC: 17[T: 12 FF: 15] | HP: 32/32(0NL) | F+1, R+6, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Give ‘m hell Kit!


Male Human Ranger 4 (HP 52/52 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+7 CMD:19 Init:+1 Perc: +8 Survival +8)

Well I do feel I have been insulted, which makes me mad! Feel my blade! Kit says as he swings his axe.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Hmmmm...I don't think that roll would classify as hell-purgatory perhaps but not hell. :(


Female Human (Ulfen) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 | HP 38/60 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 CMD 20 | F +6 R +2 W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Status: Fatigued

I guess non-lethal is out of the question now...


World Map; City Map; Tactical Map

I'm assuming Kit swings at the one right in front of him instead of the one in front of Hilde. Also, tactical map has been updated with all that happens below.

Kit's swing isn't one of his most accurate, but his reflexes make up for it as the Redfists are caught flatfooted by his sudden swing, and he nearly scalps the canine Redfist in front of him. The dog faced creature snarls in response, but the fact that he's now missing most of his cranium throws his club's trajectory off.

The talkative leader (#1) takes out his etymological frustrations on Hilde, connecting his club just barely with her jaw.

The half-metal woman (#3) twitches something mechanical and a greatsword seems to unfold from her metal arm, and she settles into a practiced warrior's pose, prepared to swing with all her might at anyone who comes within her reach.

The woman who looks half plant (#4) tries to further clog up the battlefield by throwing a tanglefoot bag at Kit, however, she misses terribly and it arcs over his head to explode on the square behind him square behind Kit is now difficult terrain.

The reptilian creature scrambles sideways and runs along the walls of the alley to strike at Kit, but perhaps the vertigo throws his aim off, so his dagger only whistles by Kit's ear. He has a climb speed and is on the wall above Kit..

Finally, the huge four armed creature moves forward, shoving the drugged kid out of his way so violently that the child's head cracks open against the wall. Yes, the only particularly successful action by this gang was a combat manuever against a non-combatant.

Enemy rolls/status:

#1 (Obnoxious Human): (shaken) HP 16/16 AC15 T12 F13 CMD16; F3 R4 W0
Attack Hilde: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 2 = 151d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

#2 (Dog dude): HP 2/16 AC15 T12 F13 CMD16; F3 R4 W0
Attack Kit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

#3 (Half-metal woman): HP18/18 AC17 T12 F15 CMD16; F4 R4 W0
(readies action to swing at anyone who comes within reach)

#4 (Plant lady): HP16/16 AC15 T12 F13 CMD16; F3 R4 W0
Throws Tanglefoot Bag at Kit: 1d20 + 3 - 8 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 8 = -1

#5 (Reptilian guy): HP16/16 AC19 T16 F13 CMD18; F3 R6 W0
Attack Kit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

#6 (4-arms): HP20/20 AC15 T12 F13 CMD16; F5 R4 W2
Shove kid out of square: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Everyone else's turn! Then Kit, then enemies:
Iskender (12) (32/32)
Hilde (10) (56/60)
Dilwyn (4) (46/46)
Min (3) (39/39)
Kit (18) (52/52)

Foes (16)


Male Varisian Bard 4 (AC: 17[T: 12 FF: 15] | HP: 32/32(0NL) | F+1, R+6, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Ok, we're 4th level now, so we've got some new tricks...

Iskender reaches out with his newfound magical abilities and casts glitterdust beyond Kit in such a way as to capture all 5 of the Redfists to the East of Kit, but not the one to his North.

DC 15 will saves, or be blind for up to 4 rounds. They can make saves at the end of each of their subsequent turns to try and become un-blind!

Can someone move me 5' to the East? I don't want to get into the tanglefoot bag, but that puts me 15' from the bad guys, so I can try disarming or tripping next round.


World Map; City Map; Tactical Map
Iskender wrote:

Ok, we're 4th level now, so we've got some new tricks...

Iskender reaches out with his newfound magical abilities and casts glitterdust beyond Kit in such a way as to capture all 5 of the Redfists to the East of Kit, but not the one to his North.

DC 15 will saves, or be blind for up to 4 rounds. They can make saves at the end of each of their subsequent turns to try and become un-blind!

Can someone move me 5' to the East? I don't want to get into the tanglefoot bag, but that puts me 15' from the bad guys, so I can try disarming or tripping next round.

Moved you.

Will saves:

RF1: 1d20 ⇒ 15
RF2: 1d20 ⇒ 14
RF3: 1d20 ⇒ 10
RF4: 1d20 ⇒ 6
RF6: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Only the talkative guy is not blind! So all their ACs drop by a net of 4. I assume the 4 kids also fail, so they're tripping extra hard: blind and hallucinating.


Female Human (Ulfen) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 | HP 38/60 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 CMD 20 | F +6 R +2 W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Status: Fatigued

Or blind and not realizing it! :P
Hilde rages and transforms into her feline form and attacks the talkative leader with her claws.
No power attack.
Raging Claw 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Raging Claw 2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
If she eviscerates him, she will take a 5' forward over his dead body.
She has Damage Reduction 2. Does it apply to the previous round damage?


Male Varisian Bard 4 (AC: 17[T: 12 FF: 15] | HP: 32/32(0NL) | F+1, R+6, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Glitterdust! It’s not just for finding invisibles any more!


Male Human Ranger 4 (HP 52/52 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+7 CMD:19 Init:+1 Perc: +8 Survival +8)
Hilde wrote:
I guess non-lethal is out of the question now...

Between giving drugs to kids and insulting us after some tried to be nice to them and after he told the the law, Kit will have no problem sleeping tonight! :D


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 NG | Init +1| Senses low-light vision; Perception +7 AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | hp 39/39 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +4; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep; Resist cold 5, fire 5

Min casts two magic missiles at the lizard man on the wall. "Nice shooting Iksender."

MM: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 = 8


Male Human Ranger 4 (HP 52/52 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+7 CMD:19 Init:+1 Perc: +8 Survival +8)

Round 2

You not only made me mad, but my friends, now see what you get! Kit says as he again lashes out with his axe at the one in front of him.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


World Map; City Map; Tactical Map

Hilde: I hadn't included your DR, so take two less.

I'm going to assume Dilwyn sees the situation is entirely under control and let's it play out.

Hilde shreds her loquacious target, and moves forward into his spreading puddle, while Kit's axe cleaves the dog creature nearly in half. Min's pair of magic missiles blaze into the creature perched on the wall, drawing a hiss of agony. He in turn slashes with both daggers at Kit and watches in horror as not only does he miss entirely, but that his comrades turn tail and run, leaving him behind.

Blinded, and hearing their comrades slaughtered only feet away, the half metal woman, plant lady, and 4-armed brawler turn to try to run into the maze of alleys, but don't make it far as they stumble into walls, through each other, and over the children still underfoot. Of the surviving blinded, only the plant lady seems to shake the strands of glitter from her eyes, as she looks over her shoulder and screams at the specter of Hilde and Kit, blood-soaked berserkers out of her nightmares.

Hilde: You get an AOO on #3 as she runs away from you, if you want

Tactical map updated.

Enemy rolls/statuses:

#1 (Obnoxious Human): HP -4/16 (bleeding out)

#2 (Dog dude): (dead dead)

#3 (Half-metal woman): HP18/18 AC17 T12 F15 CMD16; F4 R4 W0
Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 9

#4 (Plant lady): HP16/16 AC15 T12 F13 CMD16; F3 R4 W0
Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 16

#5 (Reptilian guy): HP8/16 AC19 T16 F13 CMD18; F3 R6 W0
Attack Kit (two daggers): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 121d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

#6 (4-arms): HP20/20 AC15 T12 F13 CMD16; F5 R4 W2
Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Varisian Bard 4 (AC: 17[T: 12 FF: 15] | HP: 32/32(0NL) | F+1, R+6, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

"Keep on them," cries Iskender, as he commences a motivating song.

Inspire Courage for +1/+1 morale bonus to my allies.

Don't let the loot run away!!!


Male Human Druid 4 (HP: 46/46 | AC 16, T 12, F 14 | F +6, R +3, W +7 | CMB +5; CMD 17 | Init +2 | Perception +10 / Sense Motive +3 / Survival +9)

Dilwyn, impressed into stunned spectating by the the quickly developing farce, is moved into action by Iskender's cajoling to not let them get away. He moves forward and flings a bolt of lightning at the fleeing plant-lady.

Lightning Arc Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15 touch
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Electricity

Wow I missed a lot. Sorry, spent pretty much all of yesterday unable to get to my computer.


Male Human Ranger 4 (HP 52/52 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+7 CMD:19 Init:+1 Perc: +8 Survival +8)

Kit smiles at Hilde as he pursues. See I told you we would teach them some manners!

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Kit is attacking anyone he can catch.


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 NG | Init +1| Senses low-light vision; Perception +7 AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | hp 39/39 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +4; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep; Resist cold 5, fire 5

Min shoots two magic missiles. One at the plant woman and one at the metal woman.

MM: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
MM: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Female Human (Ulfen) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 | HP 38/60 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 CMD 20 | F +6 R +2 W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Status: Fatigued

Attack of opportunity!
Raging Claw: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
She goes after the closest surviving enemy, preferring seeing ones.
Raging Claw 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Raging Claw 2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


World Map; City Map; Tactical Map

Hilde and Kit: I think you left off Iskender's morale bonus to hit and damage, added it in on my side.

Buoyed by Iskender's dulcet lyrics, telling them of their epic heroism even as they demonstrate it, the party leaps forward and drives the Redfists before them.

Dilwyn surges forward, lightning crackling from his palms and striking the fleeing plant woman midstride, while Min extends both hands, sending a blistering ball of pure power into each the blinded and staggering metal woman and the sisters of plants.

Hilde's claws open up the metal woman's side as she runs blindly away, even as Kit storms forward to strike her down with his trusty axe.

Hilde slips by her partner in melee, but her claw slashes just over the head of the plant woman's deft duck (since Hilde had to move, she only gets one attack, so I just used the first roll, correct me if I'm missing something there).

The plant woman flees again, desperately trying to reach the end of this alley where she might slip into the crowds beyond (since she can see, she takes the withdrawal action, so no AOO).

The four-armed behemoth stumbles on in the direction that has been working so far, but in doing so blindly opens himself up to Hilde's claws, which savagely wound him as he staggers away in desperation. Hilde, I just used your second roll here to keep the action moving along.

The reptilian creature, realizing that he has miraculously been forgotten about and that his wounds are quite severe, decides to not push his luck by shiving Kit as he runs away and instead darts up the wall and disappears up and over the roofs. Plant lady and the four-armed creature are off the map several squares to the right, you have one turn until they reach the crowds beyond the alleys.

Your turn again!
Iskender (12) (32/32)
Hilde (10) (56/60)
Dilwyn (4) (46/46)
Min (3) (39/39)
Kit (18) (52/52)
Foes (16)

[spoiler=Enemy rolls/statuses]
#1 (Obnoxious Human): HP -5/16 (bleeding out)
Fort save to stabilize: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Failed: still dying

#2 (Dog dude): (dead dead)

#3 (Half-metal woman): HP -6/16 (bleeding out)
Fort save to stabilize: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Failed: still dying

#4 (Plant lady):
HP9/16 AC15 T12 F13 CMD16; F3 R4 W0

#5 (Reptilian guy): HP8/16 AC19 T16 F13 CMD18; F3 R6 W0
Full withdrawal straight up and over the roof tops.

#6 (4-arms): HP12/20 AC15 T12 F13 CMD16; F5 R4 W2
Glitterdust will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Failed: still blind


Female Human (Ulfen) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 | HP 38/60 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 CMD 20 | F +6 R +2 W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Status: Fatigued

Ok team, unless stopped, Hilde will continue the pursuit. Want to stop her?


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 NG | Init +1| Senses low-light vision; Perception +7 AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | hp 39/39 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +4; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep; Resist cold 5, fire 5

Min calls out ans Hilde continues down the street, "Hilde stop! We don't know this city very well yet, and they do. You could be running into an ambush."


Male Human Ranger 4 (HP 52/52 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+7 CMD:19 Init:+1 Perc: +8 Survival +8)

Kit starts following after Hilde, but stops at Min's suggestion. Returning to the group, he notices the dying enemies. Perhaps we should save one of them and question them so we can be more in the know?


Female Human (Ulfen) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 | HP 38/60 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 CMD 20 | F +6 R +2 W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Status: Fatigued

Hilde turns to Min and growls, but slowly her breathing slows and she drops to her knees, slowing turning back into her human form.
Will take her a while being fatigued.


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 NG | Init +1| Senses low-light vision; Perception +7 AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | hp 39/39 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +4; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep; Resist cold 5, fire 5

Min nods to Kit agreeing with his suggestion, "I have no healing magic. Can someone stop the bleeding?"

She moves up and stands next to Hilde watching over her as she's fatigued. She knows Hilde doesn't think it would be necessary.


Male Varisian Bard 4 (AC: 17[T: 12 FF: 15] | HP: 32/32(0NL) | F+1, R+6, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

”As you wish.”

Iskender heals the indicated enemy.

CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


World Map; City Map; Tactical Map

You've got three enemies down, one (dog dude) is dead dead, but you can stabilize the obnoxious human and the half-metal lady. Which do you stabilize (or both, there's several rounds time to do so).

The two survivors disappear into the crowds beyond the warren of alleys, while the party takes stock of their situation and sets about seeing to their own paltry wounds and those of the fallen enemies they might feel merciful towards.

As the tumult dies down, the neighborhood around you begins to wake up again after the shock of familiar violence passes and the normal folks get back to their normal lives. The children, lost in drugs as they are, are wary of the party having seen enough violence in these sad slums to know how quickly it can turn in any direction. But despite that wariness, several of them slink around the party like nervous cats to ghoulishly try to get at the stash embedded in the half-metal woman's stomach compartment.

Above the alley, a second floor window is slammed open and a woman looking to be of the same species as the plant woman who fled peers out. She's clearly ancient, her skin bark cracked and discolored, the crop of leaves atop her head crunchy brown and thinned as if a tree in late autumn. Her voice is strong - though scratchy like branches on a window - as she calls down.

"I thank you for cutting down that grove of thugs, but before I bother with the politeness, I'd know whether you drew steel on them to do good, or whether you've a mind to be the new toughs running this block."


Male Varisian Bard 4 (AC: 17[T: 12 FF: 15] | HP: 32/32(0NL) | F+1, R+6, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Both of them I guess.

CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male Varisian Bard 4 (AC: 17[T: 12 FF: 15] | HP: 32/32(0NL) | F+1, R+6, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

”Hello grandmother. Taking over as the local toughs was certainly not our intention. Seeing the children hooked on their junk was abhorrent to us, so we took action.”


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 NG | Init +1| Senses low-light vision; Perception +7 AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | hp 39/39 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +4; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep; Resist cold 5, fire 5

"I don't want to run any block. Thank you." Min replies to the old tree woman.

Min runs the children off of the metal woman. She tries to open the cavity in order to keep the drugs away from the kids. "This stuff needs destroyed."


Female Human (Ulfen) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 | HP 38/60 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 CMD 20 | F +6 R +2 W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Status: Fatigued

Hilde turns and smiles for Min, thankful for the moral support. Raging takes a lot of her.
She moves behind her to chase the kids away.


Male Human Ranger 4 (HP 52/52 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+7 CMD:19 Init:+1 Perc: +8 Survival +8)

I have been found in many alleyways after many a good night of carousing to the point where people thought I owned the street. But I had no intention of owning those streets or this one! Kit says as he secures the prisoner.


World Map; City Map; Tactical Map

The children scatter before Min and Hilde, disappearing like rodents - and some of them are literally some distant relation of ratfolk - into the surrounding alleys and buildings.

Grandmother! The old woman cackles. Add a couple of 'greats' to the front and you'd be closer to the truth! Careful with the kind words, as I'm always looking for a sixth husband. Though I've done my fair share of carousing down alleys, so mayhaps I've found a seventh also. I'm glad to hear you're the good sort of folk, that bunch has been ruling these alleys for too long now and beating down anyone who stood in their way.

Both the human and the half-metal woman groan and waken at Iskender's touch, though they are in no condition and have little willingness to resist you at all. The human who had been all bravado before the fight now wants nothing more than to beg to be allowed to slink off, whatever the cost to his pride.

Min tries to open the compartment inside the metal woman, but it appears to be locked with some sort of dial with symbols she doesn't recognize on it - some sort of combination lock perhaps? The construction of the thing is curious, it does not appear to be implanted but grown into place. The metal of the thing is fused with the flesh as organically as your nails to your fingers. Groggy with her terrible wounds, the woman tries to push you away, and the sense you get is not that of a thug protecting a stash so much as a person protecting themselves from violation.

"It's taboo for an Auttaine to allow anyone else to fiddle in their internal bits." Calls down the old woman from upstairs. "She's beaten, and will give you the stash, but she has to give it or she'll make you kill her."

The metal woman nods pleadingly.

The old woman continues, "Now, why don't you settle your business down there, and I'll rustle together the neighborhood to sit you down for a proper East Warrens thank you lunch and have a proper palaver to see if we can't help you out somehow."


Male Varisian Bard 4 (AC: 17[T: 12 FF: 15] | HP: 32/32(0NL) | F+1, R+6, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

”We shall be up presently. Let us conclude business down here first.”

Iskender casts detect magic and scans their fallen foes, while also telling his companions, ”We should defang these vipers completely. Take everything of value, but I guess don’t violate that one’s ‘internal bits’ for now.”


Male Human Ranger 4 (HP 52/52 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+7 CMD:19 Init:+1 Perc: +8 Survival +8)

Kit blushes when the old women mentions she is looking for a husband, but then an impish smile crosses his face. He whispers to Iskender, You know, if she was wealthy, I might consider it! Then looking around the seedy neighborhood. Probably not though. Pity!


Male Varisian Bard 4 (AC: 17[T: 12 FF: 15] | HP: 32/32(0NL) | F+1, R+6, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Iskender whispers back to Kit, "I never doubted you for a second."


Male Human Druid 4 (HP: 46/46 | AC 16, T 12, F 14 | F +6, R +3, W +7 | CMB +5; CMD 17 | Init +2 | Perception +10 / Sense Motive +3 / Survival +9)

Dilwyn lets the others take point for now. Once he looked up to see who was talking, he found himself engrossed by the view behind and above her, outside of the narrow alley. While the others poke and prod, he stares at the alien sky, slightly blushing and feeling a little guilty. He barely notices the goings on down at ground-level unless someone prods him out of his reverie.


Female Human (Ulfen) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 | HP 38/60 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 CMD 20 | F +6 R +2 W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Status: Fatigued

Hilde approaches the half metal woman, looks at her fiercely and extends her hand.
She seems impatient...
If she doesn't comply quickly, she will grab her ax and prepare to cut her in half to get to the drugs.


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 NG | Init +1| Senses low-light vision; Perception +7 AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | hp 39/39 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +4; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep; Resist cold 5, fire 5

"Hilde isn't know for her patience. The stash please. I don't want to hurt you further." Min nods toward Hilde's outstretched hand. "I would ask forgiveness for violating a social taboo, but under the circumstances I hope you understand why I'm not."


World Map; City Map; Tactical Map

Sorry for the delay, been one of those weeks.

The metal woman is clearly in abject terror of the terrible things that Hilde is capable of and quickly opens her internal storage compartment and shovels out a dozen tiny canvas bags of reddish powder, in addition to a handful of mismatched coins. The loquacious human yields a bit more coin, as does the corpse of the dog creature.

The coins are mismatched, of a dozen different sizes and shapes and with as many languages imprinted upon them. They shine though, and dent slightly with a bite as gold should. So as alien as this world is, some things never change.


Loot:
Masterwork greatsword
12 doses of Blood Flakes
250 gold pieces
2 clubs
3 suits masterwork studded leather
3 daggers
3 potions CLW

Dilwyn, you take in the skies above and wonder at the stark difference with your homeworld. At its edges, the sky is more deep purple than the light blue you are accustomed to, and while the sun looks more or less familiar, it is not alone in the sky. On the opposite side of the sky, another sun burns, half as large in the sky, but burning so brightly that it burns an after image into your retinas even out of the corner of your eyes. It seems to pulse gently, throbbing in brightness every second like a heartbeat. Arcing across the sky between the two suns is a shimmering haze, like sparkling dust tossed across the heavens.


What do you do with the prisoners?


Male Human Ranger 4 (HP 52/52 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+7 CMD:19 Init:+1 Perc: +8 Survival +8)

Kit will call up to his future wife, Pardon me Miss, but do you have a city guard or some other law that can take these miscreants off our hands?


Male Varisian Bard 4 (AC: 17[T: 12 FF: 15] | HP: 32/32(0NL) | F+1, R+6, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Question for the GM. If a summoned item or creature is given, or has something attached to it, what happens when the thing reaches the end of its summoned time? Does the item drop to the ground, or does the item go away with the summoned creature, never to return? Examples might be, a saddle on a summoned mount, or 12 doses of blood flakes stuck into the interior of a lute or guitar.

"I'd bet there is no such effective constabulary, else these ruffians should never have gained the upper hand in this quarter"


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 NG | Init +1| Senses low-light vision; Perception +7 AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | hp 39/39 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +4; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep; Resist cold 5, fire 5

"Yes madam. What would you have us do with them?" Min asks.

I'm inclined to let them go. We don't know squat about local laws.

1,701 to 1,750 of 1,895 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Papa.DRB - Legendary Planet - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.